New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: New Dawn (IC Thread)

Breaking Eggs to Make an Omelett

On the other side of the road, the Rooster was completely lost. Well not really lost. The World Tree was completely visible at all times from anywhere on the nameless continent. Even mountains and forests didn't hide it from view. It was so tall that night wasn't when the sun set, but instead when the sun passed behind the World Tree's canopy. Actually, this created interesting disparities. During this false twilight when the sun's ray actually passed through uninterrupted through the many leaves of the tree it creates a small patch of Day amidst the twilight. The denizens of the nameless land would call these places holy places - for the day literally lasts longer in them.

It was in one of these patches of day that the Coward found himself. He was exhausted - he had run from the hunters, he had searched the entire continent for his shadow, and he had found nothing - not his bravery and not his shadow. He supposed that they both simply disappeared. There in that patch of day, surrounded by twilight the Coward decided to take a well-deserved rest. Of course, this was not too last.

As the Coward was resting he was approached by three birds. Now, the Rooster only created chickens - the most divine of all the birds. Worshipped, respected and found delicious by all the races. However, other birds naturally sprung up. He never really paid them any mind - well he did, but only in terms in how they might endanger him - so no more mind than he paid anything else. However, the birds paid him a great deal of mind. For while, other gods existed - for birds . . . In-Arl was their God. He was the only God-bird. So for time immemorial they worshiped the Rooster as the God of Birds. The God of Flight himself. It helped matters that like the hobbits, In-Arl didn't look like a simple chicken to them. He was a great and majestic rooster, ten times the size any bird would have the right to be and still take flight. His claws were magnificent, and his feathers lustrious.

Maybe that's why they couldn't understand his reaction when they walked up to him. In-Arl woke up and was startled, three birds of prey had surrounded him while he was sleeping! He jumped and flew to safety. The three birds, an eagle, a hawk, and an osprey, called out after him:

"My Lord! We didn't mean to interrupt your rest! We only come to beseech you for favour against the heretics!"

Now, of course, In-Arl understood the language of all the birds, for those creatures of feathers all spoke the same language - except for chickens. Like flight, the Coward sort of forgot to bless them with the language of the Birds too. Regardless, hearing these words reassured the Rooster of his safety and he flew back into the patch of day. He landed, and looked like the prideful and powerful god the birds of prey thought he was.

They bowed and offered him their tributes. They each brought an egg from their nests. The Coward sort of confused grabbed each of the eggs with his claws but each egg was cut clean in half. For his claws weren't just claws - they were the Swords of the Coward, the strongest and sharpest blades in existence. As the yolks were running off his claws, the Coward, flustered, was about to issue an apology. But the birds of prey spoke first. For in each of their eyes, there was a look of grim, sad, determination. For, to them, this was expected. Of course, a God would ask for a tribute of their own children before even speaking to them. This was sacrifice.

"Thank you, my lord, for accepting our oblations - we offer them to you for a request. The crows around our homes have been attacking us for our worship of you. They are heretics who claim to have found a new god. A Crow God. We know this is false, for you are the only god of us of the feathers. We wish that you teach those crows a lesson and protect our homes from them. Though we are strong they are many. We beg of you."

The Coward, a little bewildered, guilty - since the egg yolks were still on his claws, and a little prideful spoke - hoping to earn the confidence that these birds had given him. He spoke in his most divine sounding voice:

I shall

And the three birds rejoiced, bowed low and flew away. In-Arl was left in that patch of day, three broken eggs on the grass, thinking a couple things. He was very glad the birds of prey liked him and didn't try to eat him, and . . . did he just agree to go to war with all the crows and their new god?! Did he just agree to kill a god?! Why?! Why would he do this?! WHY?!

The coward tried to go back to sleep - but he was too afraid.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP 1 + PAP 0 --> Rollover! AP 5 + PAP 1

Gain Domain - Animal (avian)
    -Create Chickens
    -Bless Shadow
    -Swords of the Coward

AP 2 + PAP 1
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2016-07-03 at 01:59 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    "Rise." The Ebon King extended a long glowing tendril as if to help the Crow stand. "Those are answers only you can provide, your loyalty is to the Court and it welcomes you. The world is large. The mighty war. The Court stands to remind them their reign is unstable."
    The Crow was perplexed, confused. He preened his feathers, trying to make sense of the King's words. "If you cannot give this one a task, then who can? I cannot command myself. I was made for a reason, surely?" The crow squawked, raising its beak to look upon the Ebon King. The confusion in his eyes faded as he understood the King's words. "So then it is my own path to make..." The Crow dropped his beak, looking to the floor as he spoke. "Thank you, my King. This gift cannot be repaid. I am yours, from now until my end. Your foes are mine, your quarrels mine, and your worries are mine. This I swear upon my beak, my feathers, and my talons."

Spoiler: AP Expenditure
    Show
    16 AP - 1 AP = 15 AP
    1 AP - Join Pantheon: The Ebon Court
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2016-07-03 at 02:43 PM.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Marwolaeth, The Hernegliscus and Mock/[Shun] - Adeteerin

Spoiler: Previously
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Sontali View Post
    The Hernegliscus, Marwolaeth, Mock – Adeteerin

ℑⱦ ȿǝǝŝ. This ℘ỈⱭꜾế ℌꜳϩ ḃȅỂȵ ḉǠℒℒ℮ƌ Adeteerin ƁƔ ƭℍⱸ đȭÜḆịĭƝǥ ꜦⱻŁℂḣỂȵ. ƭℍⱸ ℓªŊḑẛ ℴℱ ƭℇƦƦòꝛ. ŠⱨẮⱠⱠ Ṧꝏƞ ℳarry Ṭℌ℮ Ⱳöṝŀḋ.

There was a moment where the tinkling laughter of children stopped and if The Mists hadn’t been blocked out, the assembled gods would have seen the planes moon flicker out for a moment. And the sound of babies crying filled the air, the primal screaming of an infant newborn, taking in its first overwhelming sights and sounds. This too disappeared, replaced by dripping and the howls of women in pain. When the ‘voices’ returned it had gained a definite feminine quality.

“Ǻŋď ϣǶàț ã ƅęⱯůƫĬƒṴⱢ Ƀⱥℑ℞Ŋ We ĦꜸḝ. Ą Ƀⱥℑ℞Ŋ ʼn’℮’℮’ḋṩ to eat.”

Another newborns cry wailed through The Mists, cut short by a snapping noise.

“ƏⱯʇ.”

Extending from the mists came a thin, spidery hand, connected to a forearm that stretched long enough that no elbow could be made out. The arm being the shiny black colour of severe frostbite. Gripped in its-too long fingers was the limp corpse of a baby, half of its face sheared off, which was offered to Mock.

“ƏⱯʇ.”

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    It sees. This place has been called Adeteerin by the doubling Helchen. The Lands of Terror. Shall marry the World soon.
    What a beautiful bairn We have. A bairn needs to eat.
    Eat.
    Eat.
    Quote Originally Posted by PossiblyInsane View Post

Mock extends a hand to take the proffered corpse, fingers stretching and blackening into many-jointed spikes, digging into frostbitten flesh and bone. It's eyes alight with a sudden hunger.

"ℳy ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ ªƦℇ ℊƏŊḝ℞ǾɄṨ ĬŊđḕḕđ! ℳǡℕy ʇℍǞŋkṨ ƒờℜ ƮℍℑŠ ƒℇⱭŠƭ."

The many mouths on it's chest reach out, tearing into corpse and Mock's arm alike in a frenzied bloodlust, filling the air with scraps of blackened meat and splintering bone. The baby's corpse is soon consumed, what fragments fled from the feeding soon lapped up from the surrounding woods by long, pale tongues. The muscles surrounding the stump of Mock's arm twitch, shiver, and writhe out the opening, twining themselves into two new appendages, with pale tongues for hands and stained bone for nails.

Show
    "My mothers are generous indeed! Many thanks for this feast."

Bits of gore flew through the air, but never touched me - being consumed by uttercold before they could do so. I contemplated the mannerisms of Mock and The Hernegliscus. There did, indeed, seem to be a similarity or kinship between the two.

"You honor us with the gifts of cold and nourishment. I would know what you know of the other gods...friend? For my part, I will share with you what I know as well."

Spoiler: AP Accounting
    Show
    3AP + 2PAP + 1 Artifact Charge(Bless/Curse)
    • Gain Domain -3AP: Destruction(Annihilation)
      • 5AP - Craft Major Artifact: Animus
      • 2AP - Create Sub-Race: Helwyr

3AP - 3AP = 0 AP + 2PAP + 1 Artifact Charge(Bless/Curse)

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

Show

Mock extends a hand to take the proffered corpse, fingers stretching and blackening into many-jointed spikes, digging into frostbitten flesh and bone. It's eyes alight with a sudden hunger.

"ℳy ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ ªƦℇ ℊƏŊḝ℞ǾɄṨ ĬŊđḕḕđ! ℳǡℕy ʇℍǞŋkṨ ƒờℜ ƮℍℑŠ ƒℇⱭŠƭ."

The many mouths on it's chest reach out, tearing into corpse and Mock's arm alike in a frenzied bloodlust, filling the air with scraps of blackened meat and splintering bone. The baby's corpse is soon consumed, what fragments fled from the feeding soon lapped up from the surrounding woods by long, pale tongues. The muscles surrounding the stump of Mock's arm twitch, shiver, and writhe out the opening, twining themselves into two new appendages, with pale tongues for hands and stained bone for nails.

Show
    "My mothers are generous indeed! Many thanks for this feast."

Spoiler: AP
    Show
    Starting AP: 8 | Starting PAP: 2

(-2 PAP) Create Advanced Concept: Love.
    And so, the nurturing of The Hernegliscus inspired the concept of unconditional love and family to the world at large. True family was no longer a matter of direct creation and parentage, but something every being could enjoy, should they choose to do so. While inspiring the virtue of Charity, a sense of family also brought with it the sins of Lust and Pride, swelling the ranks of the Lost. The lustful are able to shift their form into beautiful shapes, sounds, and scents, the better to entice their victims so they may feast upon their bodies and minds. The prideful, being spawned of a rigid will, possess the most faculty of the Lost, and hold such arrogance and self assurance that most weapons and some magics used against them will shatter before their skin deigns to be compromised.

(-3 AP) Gain Domain: Manipulation (Imitation). As it's name might imply, Mock holds a mirror to the world. Imitation is either the highest form of flattery or the lowest form of wit, depending on whom you ask.
    *4 AP Weave Plane: The Darkened Woods
    *3 AP Divine Infusion (Plane): The Darkened Woods

Ending AP: 5 | Ending PAP: 0
    Quote Originally Posted by RolandDeschain View Post

Bits of gore flew through the air, but never touched me - being consumed by uttercold before they could do so. I contemplated the mannerisms of Mock and The Hernegliscus. There did, indeed, seem to be a similarity or kinship between the two.

"You honor us with the gifts of cold and nourishment. I would know what you know of the other gods...friend? For my part, I will share with you what I know as well."

Show
    3AP + 2PAP + 1 Artifact Charge(Bless/Curse)
    • Gain Domain -3AP: Destruction(Annihilation)
      • 5AP - Craft Major Artifact: Animus
      • 2AP - Create Sub-Race: Helwyr

3AP - 3AP = 0 AP + 2PAP + 1 Artifact Charge(Bless/Curse)

Another long, shiny hand came out of them mist, from the other side this time, and started affectionately stroking Mock’s head.

“ℑⱦ ℌꜳϩ ℳǝƭ Ɱªȵɏ ℊǿḑƨ. Țℌⱻ ƙḯℕǥ, Țℌⱻ ƉⱯϣŊ, Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ꝄℑŁŁḝ℟, who ȿƥặṜ℮ḑ ℑⱦƧ ℒìℱë Âť ƭℍⱸ ḓªⱳℕ Ṏℱ ƭℍⱸ ϢⓄℝȽƉ, ƀỤƮ ƮǾǿꝅ än ℮ỿḙ åñƌ ä ƫ⍥ℕƓɄℰ. Ḁȶ ϢⓄℝȽƉ Ƭřȅȅ. Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠson, ẫ ꜧẼáⱡẹŗ, Manyara and ä Şℳíȶℏ ïṉ ặ Ɓợℊ.

As it said each name, the mists near them would condense into an image of the mentioned god.

Show
    It has met many gods. The King, The Dawn, In-arl God-Killer, who spared Its life at the dawn of the world but took an eye and a tongue. At the World Tree. In-arlson, a healer, Manyara and a smith in a bog.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

As the figures manifested in the mist, I seized upon that of The Ardent Maiden, Manyara and The Healer. Moving these figures between The Hernegliscus and myself.

These two I have met, but these others are unknown to me. For my part, I would add The Devourer, The Watcher, The Lord of Deceit, a weed named Lotus, a metal god named Deus, and of course you've met Mock.

As I spoke I conjured images of these gods in the mists. He stood surrounded by misty images of gods I had yet to meet. I stood surrounded by misty images of god he had yet to meet. Between us stood the images of The Healer and The Ardent Maiden.

With the slightest nod of my head, You've been most gracious. I will allow you to go first. I will answer what I know of these gods you have not met, if you will answer my questions about the gods before you.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-07-03 at 09:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Show

Another long, shiny hand came out of them mist, from the other side this time, and started affectionately stroking Mock’s head.

“ℑⱦ ℌꜳϩ ℳǝƭ Ɱªȵɏ ℊǿḑƨ. Țℌⱻ ƙḯℕǥ, Țℌⱻ ƉⱯϣŊ, Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ꝄℑŁŁḝ℟, who ȿƥặṜ℮ḑ ℑⱦƧ ℒìℱë Âť ƭℍⱸ ḓªⱳℕ Ṏℱ ƭℍⱸ ϢⓄℝȽƉ, ƀỤƮ ƮǾǿꝅ än ℮ỿḙ åñƌ ä ƫ⍥ℕƓɄℰ. Ḁȶ ϢⓄℝȽƉ Ƭřȅȅ. Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠson, ẫ ꜧẼáⱡẹŗ, Manyara and ä Şℳíȶℏ ïṉ ặ Ɓợℊ.

As it said each name, the mists near them would condense into an image of the mentioned god.

Show
    It has met many gods. The King, The Dawn, In-arl God-Killer, who spared Its life at the dawn of the world but took an eye and a tongue. At the World Tree. In-arlson, a healer, Manyara and a smith in a bog.

As the figures manifested in the mist, I seized upon that of The Ardent Maiden, Manyara and The Healer. Moving these figures between The Hernegliscus and myself.

These two I have met, but these others are unknown to me. For my part, I would add The Devourer, The Watcher, The Lord of Deceit, a weed named Lotus, a metal god named Deus, and of course you've met Mock.

As I spoke I conjured images of these gods in the mists. He stood surrounded by misty images of gods I had yet to meet. I stood surrounded by misty images of god he had yet to meet. Between us stood the images of The Healer and The Ardent Maiden.

With the slightest nod of my head, You've been most gracious. I will allow you to go first. I will answer what I know of these gods you have not met, if you will answer my questions about the gods before you.

Mock leans contentedly towards the stroking hand, and a sound somewhere between a sigh, a purr, and the sizzle of searing flesh comes from it's many mouths. It looks attentively to the images in the mists.

"Țℌë ƙḯℕǥ åñƌ Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ƙℑŁŁḝ℟ Şȅȅℳ ⱦřÜⱠy ƒợřℳḮȡªƁⱢỂ, ⱦ⍥ ƌℝặϢ ŞṴḉℍ ℟ḝṨ℘Əℂʇ ƒℝợℳ oℕℰs ƨƲḉℏ Ɑȿ ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ."

Show
    "The King and In-arl God-Killer seem truly formidable, to draw such respect from ones such as Mothers."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tadeus Gigletor View Post

"TALLYHO! SALUTATIONS! GREE-... Hmm? Not as many people as I would have thought? No matter, let me see... oh that fellow seems like he would be the one to talk to!"

Gigglethorne begins to walk over to the figure on the throne whilst observing his surroundings.

"hum... Quite the place this court is. So verdant, so very colourful and lively... though... mmm yeah that's the smell of decay... I don't suppose they air this place out or even let the sun in do they? Ooh, look at that wildlife, this place really is rather wonderful huh."

Gigglethorne had reached the area of the throne, ignoring the fancy looking fellow who looked like he needed to spend some time in the sunlight who was kneeling before the throne.

"Ahoy there Pale, pointed ear fellow with twigs in his hair. I am Gigglethorne, In-Arl's son. I have come here because I was curious, and have become rather interested in what you have here. Though... hum, you smell... do you... not get out much? I can kinda smell it from here..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    The Crow was perplexed, confused. He preened his feathers, trying to make sense of the King's words. "If you cannot give this one a task, then who can? I cannot command myself. I was made for a reason, surely?" The crow squawked, raising its beak to look upon the Ebon King. The confusion in his eyes faded as he understood the King's words. "So then it is my own path to make..." The Crow dropped his beak, looking to the floor as he spoke. "Thank you, my King. This gift cannot be repaid. I am yours, from now until my end. Your foes are mine, your quarrels mine, and your worries are mine. This I swear upon my beak, my feathers, and my talons."

Show
    16 AP - 1 AP = 15 AP
    1 AP - Join Pantheon: The Ebon Court
    The King was about to speak, the air felt tense like those before a thunderstorm until the Fool cut in. The King turned, baleful eyes falling upon the one who dared break the sanctity of its realm. "Kill him." it states, turning those eyes to the Crow.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Lords of Creation: New Dawn (IC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The King was about to speak, the air felt tense like those before a thunderstorm until the Fool cut in. The King turned, baleful eyes falling upon the one who dared break the sanctity of its realm. "Kill him." it states, turning those eyes to the Crow.
    "Oh my! Looks like I'd best be going then."

Gigglethorne then began a hasty retreat from the court. On the way he spotted a symbol he recognised on one of the thrones in the court. He approached and began to also smell the smell of egg yolk, somewhat similar to the stuff he had smelled when he was born. When he got close enough, Gigglethorne felt as if there was something beyond the throne.

"Nothing to lose! Lets do this! CHAAAAAAAAAAAAARGE!"

Gigglethorne Boldy charged onto the throne, and nothing happened.

"Eh! What! I could've sworn I felt something up with this throne... better make this quick, I don't like the way the pale looking fellows are looking at me... "

Stumped at what he hadn't done right, Gigglethorne sat on the throne to try and figure out what he had done wrong. However The Crow had begun to approach and Gigglethorne was running out of time so he decided to figure this out later and stood from the throne.

"There is no more time, gotta gooooooooooooooo! What the heck!"

As soon as Gigglethorne had stood up he had appeared in a completely different place. He was surrounded by tents filled with the little people eating, drinking and generally making merry. It was a rather warm place and well lit up.

"How did I... sitting? I had to sit on the throne? wait no... if it was just sitting then I would have arrived here earlier. Maybe sitting and standing up? mmm... sounds about right. This place seems nice, though hmmm... Irritating. This place is trying to push down any negative emotions or feelings, must be why they can be so happy. Well, since I'm here, might as well blend with the crowd and enjoy myself a little."

Spoiler
    Show
    I am now in Aderteerin
    Last edited by Tadeus Gigletor; 2016-07-03 at 10:13 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Orc in the Playground

Show

Mock leans contentedly towards the stroking hand, and a sound somewhere between a sigh, a purr, and the sizzle of searing flesh comes from it's many mouths. It looks attentively to the images in the mists.

"Țℌë ƙḯℕǥ åñƌ Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ƙℑŁŁḝ℟ Şȅȅℳ ⱦřÜⱠy ƒợřℳḮȡªƁⱢỂ, ⱦ⍥ ƌℝặϢ ŞṴḉℍ ℟ḝṨ℘Əℂʇ ƒℝợℳ oℕℰs ƨƲḉℏ Ɑȿ ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ."

Show
    "The King and In-arl God-Killer seem truly formidable, to draw such respect from ones such as Mothers."

Allow? Did The Cold not know it was surrounded? The edge of The Mist pulled back a little, following the too long arms to reveal six monstrously tall women around them, all having the severe frost bite of a corpse, thin like twigs except for their bellies, which were swollen as if the infants inside them were closer to six year olds than actual babies, except for one the one who’s arm had handed over the baby, who’s stomach was deflated and hung loosely. From within the stomachs that contained something, forms could be seen pressing against their cracked, blackened, shiny skin, and this is where the giggling was coming from.

The mother who had lost its child gestured to a number of the misty images, pulling the images of Rathazook, Ophouros, Esemeli and Deus into a line.

“ℑⱦ ϢǿɄŁƉ Ꝅℕōⱳ Țℏǝϩⱸ.”

Then the one petting Mock spoke up in the voice of an individual.

“ǍŁŁ you ℊōȡƨ are too Ƿ⍤ϢỆṟƑůꝈ to ñốȾ hold ȿǾⱮ℮ ℟ḝṨ℘Əℂʇ for Ƀⱥℑ℞Ŋ. But Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ꝄℑŁŁḝ℟ is ƒợřℳḮȡªƁⱢỂ indeed."

The others looked at the one that spoke and the mists closed back up again, hand withdrawing from Mock, and The Hernegliscus was silent for a moment before the giggling started again and a hand from another location resumed its loving gesture.

Show
    It would know these.
    All you gods are too powerful to not hold some respect for Bairn. But In-arl God-Killer is formidable indeed.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ebon Court - Vareth Myr, the Executioner

It had been a flurry of feathers and beaks as the Crow had surged forth and made chase, his wings spread wide and his eyes gleaming with sadistic hunger. His talons felt purchase in the wood of the tree's branches, and the Crow cursed in the language of the bastard birds as he whirled about and chased the Fool down another path. Ahead, the Fool sat in the Coward's throne, and the Crow screeched in victory as he dove forward. Anticipation built within his darkened heart as he closed in for the kill, and his cawed in glee as he felt his talons sink into something. With a great fury, the Crow's beak tore into his prey, ripping bits and pieces off and sending them hurtling to the floor.

The Ebon King heard only a screech of fury and rage as the Crow realized that his foe had disappeared. He returned, hanging his head with shame as he knelt before his king once more. "He has fled, vanished. I have failed..." He said, his voice full of shame and regret. He waited for a moment, before suddenly lifting his head as an idea struck. He could hunt down his Lord's foe, make him pay for what he had done. I beg you my lord, give me leave to chase him down. I can find him, I can destroy him, for your glory." He said, fervor returning to his voice as his eyes filled with murderous intent.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darklady2831 View Post
    The Ebon Court - Vareth Myr, the Executioner

It had been a flurry of feathers and beaks as the Crow had surged forth and made chase, his wings spread wide and his eyes gleaming with sadistic hunger. His talons felt purchase in the wood of the tree's branches, and the Crow cursed in the language of the bastard birds as he whirled about and chased the Fool down another path. Ahead, the Fool sat in the Coward's throne, and the Crow screeched in victory as he dove forward. Anticipation built within his darkened heart as he closed in for the kill, and his cawed in glee as he felt his talons sink into something. With a great fury, the Crow's beak tore into his prey, ripping bits and pieces off and sending them hurtling to the floor.

The Ebon King heard only a screech of fury and rage as the Crow realized that his foe had disappeared. He returned, hanging his head with shame as he knelt before his king once more. "He has fled, vanished. I have failed..." He said, his voice full of shame and regret. He waited for a moment, before suddenly lifting his head as an idea struck. He could hunt down his Lord's foe, make him pay for what he had done. I beg you my lord, give me leave to chase him down. I can find him, I can destroy him, for your glory." He said, fervor returning to his voice as his eyes filled with murderous intent.
    The Ebon King seethed, turning fully to the Crow. "Bring me its tongue. Do not return without it."

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

Show

Allow? Did The Cold not know it was surrounded? The edge of The Mist pulled back a little, following the too long arms to reveal six monstrously tall women around them, all having the severe frost bite of a corpse, thin like twigs except for their bellies, which were swollen as if the infants inside them were closer to six year olds than actual babies, except for one the one who’s arm had handed over the baby, who’s stomach was deflated and hung loosely. From within the stomachs that contained something, forms could be seen pressing against their cracked, blackened, shiny skin, and this is where the giggling was coming from.

The mother who had lost its child gestured to a number of the misty images, pulling the images of Rathazook, Ophouros, Esemeli and Deus into a line.

“ℑⱦ ϢǿɄŁƉ Ꝅℕōⱳ Țℏǝϩⱸ.”

“ǍŁŁ you ℊōȡƨ are too Ƿ⍤ϢỆṟƑůꝈ to ñốȾ hold ȿǾⱮ℮ ℟ḝṨ℘Əℂʇ for Ƀⱥℑ℞Ŋ. But Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠ ℊōȡ-ꝄℑŁŁḝ℟ is ƒợřℳḮȡªƁⱢỂ indeed."

The others looked at the one that spoke and the mists closed back up again, hand withdrawing from Mock, and The Hernegliscus was silent for a moment before the giggling started again and a hand from another location resumed its loving gesture.

Show
    It would know these.
    All you gods are too powerful to not hold some respect for Bairn. But In-arl God-Killer is formidable indeed.

Mock looks momentarily annoyed at the cessation of petting, but redoubles it's sounds of enjoyment when it is resumed. It rubs it's head against the hand while The Hernegliscus speaks, then freezes. The tongues of it's hands reach out into the mists, sifting through the air.

"ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ, Ḯ ƨmḝŁŁ uncǝrtainⱦy on ʇhe air. ℑt ⱦaṩteƨ oƒ...an unexpecʇed aƦrival from a haŁℱ-ǝxpǝcⱦed...dℑṩcovḝry. Țℏǝ aℱⱦǝrtaƨtḝ ℑƨ of...aṩṩumptℑon? No, dǝducⱦℑon. ℊivℑng way to...curioƨiʇy, ℱlavorƏd with...ange℞? Not aṩ ƨtronℊ Ɑȿ ʇhaⱦ. ɇxubǝ℞ance? Whilɇ thǝrǝ is an ḝŁḝmǝnt of Țℏaⱦ, it ṩǝǝmṩ more biʇʇe℞. Ah! ḮƦƦiⱦaⱦion. Țℏough ʇhaʇ sḝḝms to havƏ bɇɇn ƨwḝpʇ away ℱairly quḮckly. HƦƦmm. Iⱦ haṨ ℊonɇ, Țℏough not quiⱦǝ so ƨuddenly Ɑȿ iⱦ a℞℞ivḝd."

The tongues fall to Mock's side, bored, while their owner resumes it's head rubbing.

"Ḯ ϢǿɄŁƉ ℊuḝƨƨ a new visiʇo℞, whḮch Ṩho℞tŁy aℱʇer ɇitheƦ Łeƒt, dℑḝd, oƦ hid ḮtṨelℱ. ṨomɇwheƦɇ ℑn..."

One tongue languidly points towards where the Carnival would have been, were it visible through the mists.

"Țℏaʇ dℑ℞ḝcⱦℑon."

Show
    "Mothers, I smell uncertainty on the air. It tastes of...an unexpected arrival from a half-expected...discovery. The aftertaste is of...assumption? No, deduction. Giving way to...curiosity, flavored with...anger? Not as strong as that. Exuberance? While there is an element of that, it seems more bitter. Ah! Irritation. Though that seems to have been swept away fairly quickly. Hrrmm. It has gone, though not quite so suddenly as it arrived."

"I would guess a new visitor, who shortly after either left, died, or hid itself. Somewhere in..."

"That direction."
    Last edited by PossiblyInsane; 2016-07-04 at 12:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Choo'Wohn, El, Mt. Steel

Spoiler
    Show
    "No place is truly safe, or indeed truly perfect, when taken by just itself. I know no place that is utterly free from demons - save Built Island which is the exception that proves the rule - and instead people must cooperate to protect themselves from enemies.

"With you as their protector then I am sure they could be safe anywhere. Thus the Unnamed Continent can serve your will as well as any."
    Spoke Choo'Wohn to El.
    The light that El gave off dimmed slightly, and then he vibrated for a few seconds. "Then there is little left to think about, and it is time to propagate the Pith."

El glowed brightly for a second, and spun slowly before floating away at a rapid, but not impolite pace. He flew for some time until he found a deep valley, lush with vegetation, and yet uninhabited.

A small sliver of his body fractured off and then fractured even more. A hundred, hundred, hundred times it fragmented, each time breaking into a hundred pieces. The fragments then swelled in size but became less dense until they were a mist of psionic energy.

This mist swirled about, each collecting microscopic waves of energy from all around until they formed into living beings of pure mental power.

Some of these entities then absorbed the wind that blew through the valley.

Some of these entities then absorbed the earth about them, and took on a solid form. Of these beings, one stood taller, strong, than the others.

Spoiler: Earth Caste
    Show
    Of the second Pith, those made from the earth, they were bulky, taller than most other mortals. Having four arms, these Pith were strong, capable of moving a great deal of weight, but also having thin fingers on their second set capable of fine manipulation.

They had mouths to eat with, but they could not speak. Atop their heads was a specialized organ that allowed telepathic communication with each other and with the Psi Caste. These strong builders of things were the Earth Caste and it was their duty to build that which the Pith required.

El looked upon the mightiest of his Earth Caste, Aarde and blessed him with a mantle made of stone. He would lead the Earth Caste, and when he fell, the Psi Caste would regenerate him with all his memories into a new body. Other members of the Earth Caste would come and go, but Aarde was eternal.

Content with this work so far, El used his own telepathic power, which was empowered by the already rapidly growing Psi Caste population, to reach out telepathically to the other members of his pantheon, but found that he was unable to forge such a connection at a great distance.

Driven by a desire to be a unifying element in this pantheon, he decided to go out and visit each member of the pantheon one at a time.

Choo'Wohn, El had met, and so he decided to speak with Okhot next. Rising into the air, he called out: "Okhot, he who is in the sky, I beseech you for an audience. I am El, and I have only recently become awakened, and have joined you and yours in the Vitae Pantheon out of devotion to my liberator, Choo'Wohn, and my creator, Okhot."

Spoiler: AP Log
    Show

Spoiler: Week 1
    Show
    Starting AP: 16 | Ending AP: 0 | Starting PAP: 0 | Ending PAP: 0
    Actions:
    (-5 AP) Create Major Artifact: The Orb of Rapid Mutation; This shimmering, constantly changing orb pulsates with divine power and mutation. Within it holds the power to mutate a race instantly, causing a sub-race to form. [-1 AP Create Sub-Race]
    (-5 AP) Create Major Artifact: The Rod of Ascension; The simple, but elegant rod inspires leadership and heroism on those who look upon it. Its power can be tapped into to create Heroes. [-1 AP Raise Hero]
    (-1 AP; +2 PAP) Join Pantheon: Vitae; Because his freedom was given to him at the hands of a member of Vitae, El joins the faction immediately. Though he is loyal only to Choo'Wohn presently, he also has need of allies. He may attempt to join other factions as well.
    (-1 AP) Bless: Rivers of Mount Steel; The rivers of Mount Steel rescued El, and so he blesses them with his divine energy. While a river normally flows only down hill, half of these rivers flow up and half of these river flow down. This constant cyclical nature is a symbol of renewal, and these water can heal mortal wounds. They also allow ships to sail up the mountain.
    (-2 AP; -1 PAP) Divine Infusion: Orb of Mutation; With the divine energy of those who would keep life alive aiding his own, El improves upon the Orb of Mutation so that it is even more powerful. [-1 to Create Sub-Race]
    (-2 AP; -1 PAP) Divine Infusion: Rod of Ascension: With the divine power of those who champion heroics, creating forces to stomp out the darkness aiding his own, El improves upon the Rod of Ascension so that it knows the true meaning of heroism. [-1 to Raise Hero]

Spoiler: Week 1
    Show
    Starting AP: 4 | Ending AP: 0 | Starting PAP: 2 | Ending PAP: 2
    Actions:
    (+4 AP, +2 PAP) Roll Over
    (-4 AP) Create Mythic Life: Pith (Wind Caste); The Pith are a Psionic Race of telepaths, each who have different physiology based on their caste. Presently their latent psionic powers do not function, because the concept of psionic energy does not exist. The Wind Caste are speakers of truth for their people. They have two subdivisions, the Aspect of Air and the Aspect of Silver. Air Pith inform the Pith about on goings, Silver Pith go our and interact with other races on behalf of the Pith. Wind Caste Pith are tall and then with superior sight, smell, hearing and speech.

(-0 AP; Orb of Rapid Mutation) Create Sub-Race: Pith (Earth Caste); The Earth Caste are large, powerful but mute creatures who do nearly all manual labor for their race. They can communicate telepathically, but, having ears, can usually manage a half- telepathic, half-spoken conversation with non-telepathic beings, though they prefer to keep to themselves.

(-0 AP; Rod of Ascension) Raise Hero: Aarde; Aarde is the leader of the Earth Caste, a being of greater mental energy, physical strength, and foresight. Upon his death, his mental and psionic energy are captured by the Psi Caste and he is reborn into a new body.

Last edited by Camelopardalis; 2016-07-05 at 07:10 AM.
    I'm currently working as a wilderness guide, so sometimes I can only post once or twice a day or even less.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by weet555 View Post
    Reading for leaving

Rylios spoke to the Dragon explaining that he should take himself and his angels to the capital of the Hallowed Union to train both themselves and the gold shields. “The knowledge of demon tactics and abilities would be invaluable. It would be unwise to send your men back without thinking of how to act better.” Rylios tried to explain humbly then handing over a map of the settlements of the Hallowed Union. He was surprised so many had survived this impact with the ground.

Rylios turned before walking away. “I plan to make a shield for your men and others against uttercold. But it will be a long time before it is ready.”

The sixth host of angels.

A new angel came before Lotus and knelt down. “Lotus The Shaper I ask if I may humbly join your angelic host and follow your orders until the end of the world and beyond that? I have heard of your deeds and values as such it seems my place is as one of your agents.” the angel both asked and told the god.
    Dragon listened to Rylios, learning about the cities he and his follower had built. Through it he also learnt about Cho'Wohn's endeavours with trading and making ports in the innards of the continent. It all was good to hear but he couldn't shake the feeling that while he had been away bringing war to the enemy they had been playing housekeep. Not that he was going to voice that concern. Certainly it wasn't fair. They had had their share of raids in the surface.

"Graz'zt." The lieutenant approached after being called. "You've led in battle and your mind is of the keenest. Go teach the golden shields. And tell them that the demons have been bound to the crackling below."

While that idea fraguated inside Dragon's head he considered another. There were many things that he had learned. And judging by Rylios new methods the healer had also learned a trick or two.

"Triel. Dis. Bel. Levistus." The three called angels approached. "Go with the healer, the sky father, the smith and the sailor. As much as we have learned I expect them to have learned too. Learn from them, and lead their wounded to them. I'm sure they will be happy to reunite with their hosts."

Triel approached the healer and stood by his side, lowering his head while the other angels did as commanded.

Spoiler: New Host
    Show
    We can probably just make new angels as numbers demand.
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

Show

Mock looks momentarily annoyed at the cessation of petting, but redoubles it's sounds of enjoyment when it is resumed. It rubs it's head against the hand while The Hernegliscus speaks, then freezes. The tongues of it's hands reach out into the mists, sifting through the air.

"ℳoⱦℍƏ℞ṩ, Ḯ ƨmḝŁŁ uncǝrtainⱦy on ʇhe air. ℑt ⱦaṩteƨ oƒ...an unexpecʇed aƦrival from a haŁℱ-ǝxpǝcⱦed...dℑṩcovḝry. Țℏǝ aℱⱦǝrtaƨtḝ ℑƨ of...aṩṩumptℑon? No, dǝducⱦℑon. ℊivℑng way to...curioƨiʇy, ℱlavorƏd with...ange℞? Not aṩ ƨtronℊ Ɑȿ ʇhaⱦ. ɇxubǝ℞ance? Whilɇ thǝrǝ is an ḝŁḝmǝnt of Țℏaⱦ, it ṩǝǝmṩ more biʇʇe℞. Ah! ḮƦƦiⱦaⱦion. Țℏough ʇhaʇ sḝḝms to havƏ bɇɇn ƨwḝpʇ away ℱairly quḮckly. HƦƦmm. Iⱦ haṨ ℊonɇ, Țℏough not quiⱦǝ so ƨuddenly Ɑȿ iⱦ a℞℞ivḝd."

The tongues fall to Mock's side, bored, while their owner resumes it's head rubbing.

"Ḯ ϢǿɄŁƉ ℊuḝƨƨ a new visiʇo℞, whḮch Ṩho℞tŁy aℱʇer ɇitheƦ Łeƒt, dℑḝd, oƦ hid ḮtṨelℱ. ṨomɇwheƦɇ ℑn..."

One tongue languidly points towards where the Carnival would have been, were it visible through the mists.

"Țℏaʇ dℑ℞ḝcⱦℑon."

Show
    "Mothers, I smell uncertainty on the air. It tastes of...an unexpected arrival from a half-expected...discovery. The aftertaste is of...assumption? No, deduction. Giving way to...curiosity, flavored with...anger? Not as strong as that. Exuberance? While there is an element of that, it seems more bitter. Ah! Irritation. Though that seems to have been swept away fairly quickly. Hrrmm. It has gone, though not quite so suddenly as it arrived."

"I would guess a new visitor, who shortly after either left in another way, died, or hid itself. Somewhere in..."

"That direction."

The Carnival. It had to check, but first.

“ℑⱦ ẉℐⱠȽ đ℮Ḁℓ ϣḭⱦḫ ǐț. ℑƭ ḯȿ Ϩ⍤rrỿ, ḯȚ ẉℐⱠȽ ⱯℕϩẄⱻ℟ ƔⓄƱℝ ɊỰƐṩṯℐøŋṥ, Ʈℌěℕ It ℳưȿṬ ģℴ."

Show
    It will deal with it. It is sorry, It will answer your questions, then It must go.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

The Ebon Court

The Crow was gone in a flurry of feathers as he took wing, hurrying through the branches of the Tree. All that remained of the Crow were three black feathers on the floor of the Court, each quill a promise to the Ebon King. The Crow hurried through the canopy, his blackened form a stark contrast to the upper branches. The further he went, the faster, until he had all but left the Court in his descent.

The Nameless Continent - The Crow

Vareth Myr soared, his wings stretched out as the wind rushed through his feathers. The branches of the World Tree stretched out above him, the canopy shielding the world below from the light of the sun. Never had the Crow known the freedom of flight, only the captivity of the cage. He thought upon this as he descended to the vast landscape below the boughs of the great tree and looked upon its inhabitants. Many knew strife and suffering, and many knew peace and prosperity. This could not stand.

With a great caw the Crow unleashed his pent-up aggression, flooding the nameless continent with the hunger and wrath that the Coward had so long scorned. Brother turned upon brother for the pettiest of disputes. Grudges long forgotten took on new life. Rivals now friends rose up against one another. All the world could feel it, the anger and wrath of War.

The Crow slowed his descent, nearing the mountains closest to the World Tree. He alighted on the nearest peak, surveying the world below. He could smell the scent of corpses on the air, the tang of blood shed in vain. At least he thought he could. The Crow chuckled with delight. Even if it was a figment of his imagination, he would soon smell it for real. Then perhaps someone would seek out the source of all of the death.

Show
    15 AP - 1 AP = 14 AP
    1 AP - Curse: Fires of War
    The Crow has fanned the flames of mistrust, jealousy, and spite within all denizens of the earth, leading to a vast increase in violent incidents among all mortal races. The world teeters on the brink of all-out war if nothing is done. Already friends are turning on each-other, and allies are warily guarding against one another.
    Last edited by Darklady2831; 2016-07-04 at 06:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Pixie in the Playground

Landread's Landfall

Landread awoke again. Apparently it went to sleep. It's got beguiled staring at the sky, admiring the sun and moons, the conflict that happened because of it. But now Landread revived itself from it's stupor. It can now see itself on the sea floor, it's so dark... It's time for him to find that which calls to him, combat.

After getting back to the surface Landread travelled aimlessly for many days until it found land, then he found fire. Some tieflings were raiding a large hobbit town, burning it's buildings and slaughtering it's people. One tiefling was especially beautiful as he slaughtered with the efficiency of a machine, revelling in the blood and flames. On the other side of town, a hobbit child. Her mother has just been killed, her dress stained crimson. Tears falling in an endless stream as the killer approaches but she does something Landread didn't expect, she picks up her mothers bread knife. Her grip was weak, legs trembling, there's no way she will survive, but she stood defiant, tears still streaming. It was truly a sight to behold. So Landread took a mortal form. It looked like an armoured male hobbit but with cloth where you would be able to see skin and entered the fray, tackling the tiefling.

"RUN!!!"

This is Landread's first word. A good word. Meaningful. But as the fires burned around him and the tieflings, words cease to have meaning. The battle was hard fought for Landread believed in fair fights when dealing with mortals. In the end there were no winners, Landread cut down the tiefling but not before it drove a spear through his own pelvis. Landread's mortal form began to bleed out. Hopefully the girl got away, but she was most likely dead, the buildings were burning and tieflings were everywhere.

When his body finally died he shed this form in place of the tiefling’s that killed him. As it stood Landread saw the fires jump and fight on their own, burning hobbit and tiefling alike. The blood soaked earth raised and toppled buildings and crushing creatures. The wells erupted with the strength of a tsunami, sweeping up anything in a wall of blood. The wind howled a blood curdling scream as those caught in it suffered a thousand cuts. These creatures were marvellous, they wished only to fight and destroy... but they were incomplete. The hobbits had something to fight for, the tieflings still had a fear of death and took prisoners but these, they had no thought besides destruction. The battle of total destruction is good but I must teach them the many forms of combat. The battle of ideals, the battle for resources, the battle of revenge, so much they have potential for.

Landread removed it's helm and untied the cloth underneath. What it's true form was and what happened was lost to time but as Landread put the cloth back on the elementals were gone.

"I know the perfect place for you."

Many weeks later Landread was in the middle of the ocean, far from the Unnamed Continent. He sunk to the bottom of the ocean and tore at the ground. After many weeks it had built a great stone castle in the sea. In the throne room Landread released the elementals, now forever changed. They lay there naked, about fifty in total, some had flames for hair, some were wispy and almost floated, all were huge.

"My sons and daughters... There is much to learn..."

I then throw them some clothes.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    AP: 16AP

Create Mythical Sub-race (Elementals) - 3AP, Titans
    Infuse Race -3AP, Titans:
    Loves life just as much as they do combat. Has a more consistent form than their cousins with well defined musclier. Look more like greek statues with elementals traits such as fiery hair giving off embers or leaving a trail of uttercold behind them. Can revert to their element if needed eg earth titan sinking into the earth ect. They are born the size of a hobbit, stop growing at 3m but grow more if they follow the path to glory. This is usually via combat prowess but there are also great sages that study magic, the sciences or art. Theoretically they can grow to infinite size.

Create Advanced Concept -2AP, Engineering: Includes construction of forts and siege weapons ect.

Create Land -2AP, The Titanic Isles: On approach they look like islands but are in fact giant fortified cities. The waves crash upon the great impenetrable walls. After the first fort was made by Landread the Titans made more as they were taught.

Create Society -2AP, The Polemistís: The main society of the titans in the isles. They retain their love of combat and war as they raid and pillage but now have a new outlook on life as they can have families and seek enlightenment (although most do this via combat). The isles do not have a single ruler or ruling government but are a cluster city states that war with each other sharing similar but different ideologies. Some are ruled by familes, some by religions and some are ruled by the biggest guy there. If something were to truly threaten the isles the city states will join forces for a short time to eliminate the threat. Think a viking greek combo.

16-6-2-2-2= 4AP
    Last edited by LochDel; 2016-07-06 at 09:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

The Coming of the Svirfneblin
    For generations the caves that littered the Unnamed Continent had been sealed off. When the Liberated began to grow in numbers they made a point that any sort of entrances the Tieflings and their demonic cohorts were destroyed, leaving only Azgol and its blasted hellscape as a staging ground for raids. Long had such entrances been sealed that when explorers began to go missing in the deepest caves the above ground races had little idea what had happened. It soon became apparent as forces were gathered that the entrances to the Crackling Below were once again open, but oddly free of demonic taint.
    From the shadows the svirfneblin watched the newest adventures in silence. Most judged them just as dangerous as the demons they hid from and let them pass in silence. Yet a few, a dozen or so per hidden fortress, saw this as an opportunity to find friendship and aid against their eternal foe. As the forces found no resistance and began to leave they finally found what the source of eyes that spied them from the crevices.
    At most a hundred gray and gaunt hobbit-like beings awaited them just outside the daylight, arrayed around the walls in huddled masses. Slowly one of them stood up, an ancient with white hair that reached his knees, and hobbled over. Quietly, barely louder than a whisper, it spoke. "Do...do you come from above? Wh...what is it like?"
    Show
    Starting: 6 (2+4 Rollover), 2 PAP, Fabled Life
    Gain Domain: Earth (Tunnels) (-3 AP) Infuse Demons (3), Create Magical Subrace Svirfneblin (2), Crackling Below (2)
    Ending: 3 AP, 2 PAP, Fabled
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Marwolaeth, The Hernegliscus, Mock – Adeteerin

Show

“ℑⱦ ϢǿɄŁƉ Ꝅℕōⱳ Țℏǝϩⱸ.”

Show
    It would know these.

I lifted the images off the ground one at a time as I spoke of them, "The Devourer dwells below, amidst the flames with his legions. The Watcher dwells above seeking silence and an end to conflict. The Lord of Deceit dwells in a glass city removed with his multitude. The metal god seeks to protect a settlement of tieflings in a far northern land."

Reaching out I pulled three images away from the alien god so that they hovered in the air, "For my part I would hear of this King, The Dawn, and the God-Killer, In-Arl. I honor your patience and forthright nature my friend. We have born witness to the beginning - a time of creation and strife. But know, that which has a beginning must have an end. Be patient, it is an inevitability, grow in strength and knowledge. Let no one deter you from your own path nor stay your hand; for you are a god and that which you have wrought is yours alone."

Spoiler
    Show
    Offer to join The Destined extended.
    Last edited by RolandDeschain; 2016-07-04 at 09:48 AM.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Speaking of In-Arl, The God-Killer

The God-Killer had made a promise to the eagle, the hawk, and the osprey. Damn them. What good were worshipers if all they did was ask impossible things of him? He was to wage a war against crows? Absurd. He didn't want to get involved in any animal that when gathered in groups was called a Murder! A Murder! Just listen to the name! And this Murder of Murder had their own god now?! A Murder God?! Probably. Definitely. The Coward's red feathers were almost white in fear at the thought.

The unknown irony was that the God which the Coward was afraid of, was, in fact, the God of Murder. Funny how that works. Even funnier was that this God was the very shadow that the Coward spent days searching for. He was scared of his own Shadow!

Regardless, the pale Rooster resolved himself to keep his promise. He was already shadowless and, in his mind, an abject failure. He couldn't return and face the Ebon King in such a state. But, if he came with the corpse of another God, or at least the submission of Crows everywhere, perhaps the King would still see him as a worthy warrior! It was only a brief moment, though - where the Coward contemplating killing another God. Perhaps that's why they call him God-Killer? Just that he could? Because that moment was as ephemeral as an afternoon's rainbow. It vanished, leaving the Coward confused and frightened. His natural state.

So the Coward set out to punish crows. He flew out of his patch of day to search for some Crows and tell them off. A promise is a powerful thing - it was like a self-wrought chain - dragging the coward against his own fear. After flying for two days the Coward saw a group of crows. A Murder. They were circling the sky of some farmhouse a little way out from a village. The Rooster flew closer and saw that of course, the Crows were there because there was a murder at that farm house. Crows, just the sight of their black wings made the God quiver inside. The Crows were circling the farm house and some were actually inside it. Feasting on the eyes and tongues of the victims inside. While the Coward didn't know this, it was actually the Murder God's Fires of War that had spurred the villages to declare the family witches that performed cruel rituals with children, and thus they enacted to punish the family with death. In reality, the Fires of War only allowed the villages to act upon their greed and envy. For the farmer and his family had the most fertile fields and the tastiest chickens in their coops. In the middle of the night, the villagers actually prayed to In-Arl, the War-God, to help them in their brave attack against the "witches" They killed the husband first. The men took turns with the wife and made the children watch. They took turns with the children. War does that - in the Fires of War - mortals become animals - worse than animals - they become demons - worse than demons - animals and demons don't do this.

Regardless the Crows ate the flesh of the children, the wife, and the husband. In death, all return to the Ebon King regardless of how they died. The Rooster landed at the farm tentatively. The Crows looked at him with little bits of muscle and tendon hanging from their many mouths. The Crows in the sky caw cawed. Caw CAW CAW! The Rooster steeled himself and said:

Stop what you are doing!

Now, in his fear, the Rooster didn't display any aspect of his divinity. He wasn't that great warrior of the Hobbits, that brave General of the Elves, or the Great God of Flight itself. He appeared before them as a simple Rooster. The Crows laughed at him and surrounded him menacingly. The Murder spoke in a disjointed voice - almost as if the Crows shared one mind. The swarm spoke to the Rooster, not any individual Crow. They spoke from his left, his right, from behind and in front, and from above.

"Rooster, have you come to partake in our feast as well?! Caw!"

The Caw was a mocking laugh. Crows always laugh at the dead and dying, and the soon to be dead. The Coward quaked - hoped that he wouldn't be either.

No I haven't! I've come to stop you, to punish you!

"Caw caw, punish us? What have we done?! How?!"

The Rooster puffed up his chest and didn't look any bit like a God.

How?! I am a God! And you have been harassing all the birds in the sky. As the God of the Sky, I have come to stop you!

"Caw Caw Caw, Look at this brave Rooster! He thinks he is In-Arl! CAW! The brave rooster who thinks he is a god, you know that In-Arl's time has come! There is a new God in the Sky?! A God of Murders! No more shall Chickens be the kings of birds, it is time for Crows to rule!"

No I am a God! And if you continue in your heresy I shall strike you down with all my might!

"Caw Caw! The Chicken can Joke! We shall let you live for your Jokes. You amuse us! Caw!"

They took flight and spoke one more time in their disjointed language of black feathers.

"Give warning to the god you pretend to be - the world shall run red with the blood of Chickens!"

And the Murder of Crows flew away - leaving In-Arl alone in the bloodstained farmhouse. The Coward was visibly shaking. He spoke quietly, his voice strained with fear. It was almost a whisper. Thankful that they didn't recognize him, but at the same time filled with a deep deep shame.

But I am a God.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Soon I must leave my sanctum of glass. I look out over the glittering landscape of the city, the glass shattering and reforming continually. I shall see the others. I shall defeat them easily. But I must gather my strength, and make one final change to my city of perfection. It shall forever touch shadow. A wellspring of divine energy wells up within me, and I laugh, knowing that I cannot be defeated. I AM THAT WHICH WEAVES THE WEB OF YOUR REALITY! I CANNOT DIE!

Show

Gain Domain: Emotion(Arrogance) -3AP Qualifying Actions:
    - Create Mythical Concept (Magitech)
    - Create Mythical Concept (Webweaving)

Bridge Plane: The City of Obsidian: Glass-Umbra -2AP
    The City of Obsidian is a city of shadows bridging the Void between Umbra and The City. Not many citizens live there as of right now.

8AP- 5AP= 3AP 2PAP
    Last edited by Elodin; 2016-07-04 at 12:43 PM.
    I am. -Starsnuffer

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

The Sky Above

Dis had flown in search of the Jade Cloud along with the angels that had been taken from Okhot by the demons. Dis was worried. There were too many crows flying on the sky, something that he didn't remember the last time he had been there. As well as it felt being once again free from the tunnels he couldn't help but to worry. It was a bad omen. Only driven worse by his difficulty at finding the Sky Father. At least the crows let him and those that followed him alone. Perhaps it was due to his armor sporting black feathers and bird skulls. Perhaps the crows took him for one of them and let him be.

Atop the Mountain

Bel climbed the mountain path alone. No angels from the smith's host had been taken. Most likely because they had remained there, under the smith's protection and safe from the demon incursions. Bel wondered if he should have remained a smith. His two gored anvils fixed by chains to his back. It was a difficult question. As much as he would have enjoyed making weapons there was a savage pleasure in testing them. And since he wasn't among smiths he turned out to be the best under Dragon's orders. Others relied at him. If he had remained he would have been mediocre. Nameless.

Bel made his way unto the forge with those thoughts still in his mind.

"Forge lord! The Allfather has returned, and our legion has seen much battle. I'm sent to you so I can share what we learnt of the art of war. I'm sent to you so I can bring new weapons to my brothers and sisters so we can wage combat so you don't have to."

Built Island

Levistus had found his way to the island that hadn't always been such thing. There he listened and observed as the hobbits went and came. Their boats were a crafty thing, taming the waters and using them to move much further than their little feet would allow. The angel whose armor was the color of verdigris and rust approached one of the hobbits there. He knelt as not to be too far from the creature's face.

"I'm searching for Choo'Wohn. Do you know where I can find her young one?"

Dragon's Camp

An angel stands from the wounded. Almost all of his body has been replaced with wood, only the top left corner of his face plate remains of the original metal. Apolyon was one of those that threw themselves without rest at the demons. Pushing his body with will when uttercold roved it of movement. He had been dead a couple of times, only Dragon's swift intervention sparing most of his mind.

"Allfather with your blessing."

"Speak, Apolyon"

"You've sent others to the gods of Vitae you knew of. But there is a new god here. I would like to learn from him and teach his what we know. If it's your will."

"You are right. Feel free to join Lotus and learn and teach. But I will call of you in the future as I will call on the others."

The armored god turns to Rylios and Lotus.

"I hope you accept my people among yours. At least till we are ready to march to war again. On the meantime I would like to know if there are others who have joined our brotherhood so I can send regards."
    Thanks a lot Gengy for the awesome... just a sec... avatar. :)

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

The Ebon King: Alone on the Throne

The madness had ceased and once more his private halls were silent and bare to the world. A small joy. He sat the weirwood throne once more, gathering souls to his side with a long and drawn out sigh and the trees about him sighed as well. He could feel the roots of the World Tree draw in the nutrients from the Near Roots and he shaped their power to further strengthen the wood that continued to grow and live. There were wars raging and in time the Elves would require the wood of the Tree for more than their homes.

Yet the Elves were not his, they were the Court's and he had no love for them. For truth the Ebon King had love for nothing save the cycle. It cloaked itself in the secrets of the souls and spoke deep into the Far Bough until a buzzing erupted. From the dark powers of Necromancy he knit the body and the soul of his own peoples. Creatures that would maintain the balance and put the unmoving flesh to work. These were the Hachi, bee like centuars with the upper bodies of beautiful women and the lower bodies of honey bees. Their wings large and enough to support them in their flight so they could move about the World Tree freely and a large stinger dripping with necrotic energy for defense. They would dwell not on the limbs of the tree but in the trunk. In time, at least. He sent them from his court, the first queens, and was content.

Spoiler: AP Actions
    Show

AP: 4AP PAP: 1PAP

Bless (The Bonfire Bough) -1PAP: The Wood of the World Tree becomes infused with souls and necromancy making the tree more hardy.

Gain Domain - Magic (Necromancy) -3AP: Create Concept: Necromancy -4, Create Concept: Souks -4

Create Sentient Race (The Hachi) -2AP: The Hachi are a race of sentient bee-folk that dwell in the trunk of the World Tree in massive hives.
    Last edited by Razade; 2016-07-04 at 06:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

A hobbit, on Built Island

Confronted with the Angel, the hobbit questioned began to stutter. He was in fact a courageous hobbit, one who had traveled through the very breadth of the Unnamed Continent including going through lightless valleys.

"Ch-oo Woh n, has taken hobbits to settle Mount Steel, in order to boo-st trade with the smiths."

Many Hobbits, Mt. Steel

In canoes ladened with wood, fish, fur, and other goods, a mass of several hobbits went up the river to near the top of Mt Steel. The rest of the journey would be dragging the canoes on foot. However, one hobbit - the weakest of the traders - was sent forward to run up to the top, to announce the hobbits and their readiness to trade with the smiths.

Choo'Wohn, Mt. Steel

Choo'Wohn watched the deity leave. Then she gazed off the side of the mountain, looking at Built Island and hesitatingly felt the desire for the hobbits to make a trip of their own. The navigation spirit willed some education in those hobbits so as to aid their travels without her.

It was at this point that she was joined by members of her host. Ones who were following the new river down. Ones whose limbs had been renewed and whose pain had been great in the tortures of the demon. One of these, indeed the first to spy the sailing spirit, flew to Choo'Wohn to speak of the furiousity of Dragon, and how with the corpses of angels he had bound the more powerful demons.

Choo'Wohn first noticed the changed artificial limbs of her brothers, and commented on the them to giver her time to think of Dragon's means. For the end she had noticed and had already judged to be blessed. She resolved to speak to Dragon once her work hear had been done; she could then speak to the healer also, her work with the River People was nearly done.

A ship full of hobbits, The World Tree - on the sea

The hobbits launched their ship waving to the gathered crowd. This was not such a tear filled goodbye, for it was not meaning to be a perpetual separation. With new methods of ship navigation in order to avoid rocks or other things as they navigated to the foot of the tree.

They tried to find a natural harbour and a place to dock and to climb up onto the great tree.

Show

13 AP + 2 PAP = 9 AP + 4 AP + 2 PAP
    12 AP = 13 AP - 1 AP Create Advanced Sub-Concept (of ships): Navigation aids.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Show
    Marwolaeth, The Hernegliscus, Mock – Adeteerin

I lifted the images off the ground one at a time as I spoke of them, "The Devourer dwells below, amidst the flames with his legions. The Watcher dwells above seeking silence and an end to conflict. The Lord of Deceit dwells in a glass city removed with his multitude. The metal god seeks to protect a settlement of tieflings in a far northern land."

Reaching out I pulled three images away from the alien god so that they hovered in the air, "For my part I would hear of this King, The Dawn, and the God-Killer, In-Arl. I honor your patience and forthright nature my friend. We have born witness to the beginning - a time of creation and strife. But know, that which has a beginning must have an end. Be patient, it is an inevitability, grow in strength and knowledge. Let no one deter you from your own path nor stay your hand; for you are a god and that which you have wrought is yours alone."

Spoiler
    Show
    Offer to join The Destined extended.

The Hernegliscus – The Lands of Terror

ƬℌỆ ƙḯℕǥ ⒮ƚƮ⒮ Ɑṫ the top ⍥ꟻ ƬℌỆ ϢⓄℝȽƉ Ƭřȅȅ, ℑƝ Ħḯẜ ꜾợǜℝȾ. Țℌⱻ ƉⱯϣŊ ƮȅņḒϨ ⱦ⍤ ȘꝊŁ Ƒŗȏṃ ĴŲϩƫ ℬǝℓℴẅ Țℌⱻ Ƈȭų℞ⱦ. ƬℌỆ ℊōȡ-ꝄℑŁŁḝ℟… Ϣãȿ Ɑṫ ƬℌỆ ⱤꝎţẜ, ⱳℐƫℋ impenetrable ẳℝℳồȐ and ȿℌîȠÝ ꟻⱸⱸƭ Țℏaⱦ ℜẹŋȡ ℊōȡ ƒⱠƏṨꜦ.”

And air was once again split with the crying of infants, which changed to laughter and got more mature and faster until it was a full on laughing fit, manic in tone and speed. And the mists thickened even more, fog becoming a solid wall briefly around the other gods as Mock felt The Hernegliscus’ hand get less and less tangible.

“ℲⱯℜǝẘ℮ĿĿ ꟼℛĮŋℭȅ ꜳņḐ ℬⱥƧŦⱭℛḋ. ℲⱯℜǝẘ℮ĿĿ ƅęⱯůƫĬƒṴⱢ Ƀⱥℑ℞Ŋ.”

The hand finally became as mist and there was a second of silence, with the strangely solid fog before it all dissipated back to the base level of the plane, revealing the warm light of The Carnival, the destruction wrought by uttercold and a distinct lack of The Hernegliscus. Off in the distance a giant multi-tusked boar decided against taking the two figures on and trotted off.

The Carnival

“ℑⱦ ⱪŊȭϢś ỿℴṵ ª℞Ǝ ℍƐ℟ⱸ.”

Inside The Carnival, full of the sounds of feasting and talking and laughter, a thing pulled itself together, a thing of tinkling glass and many arms. Something was in Its sanctuary. Uninvited. The god-thing pulled itself along, looking for the intruder, avoiding the Hobbit souls that were none the wiser for the form it had, fear was a negative emotion after all.

“ϢℋĔṜȨ ȂⱤỂ ɎǬỬ¡”

The Hernegliscus’ form screeched, glass shards splintering, producing clear tones that were heard all through the plane. And the Hobbit nearest to the laughing god started humming. Distracted from its rage, The Hernegliscus turned to this Hobbit and stared at it, as the soul created a pleasant melody, at some point the god-thing joined in, and deciding that this was good, released it into The First World. And a new sound was added to The Carnival, music.

Show
    The King sits at the top of the World Tree, in his Court. The Dawn tends to Sol from just below the Court. The God-Killer... was at the roots, with impenetrable armor and Shiny Feet that rend God Flesh.
    Farewell Prince and Bastard. Farewell beautiful Bairn.
    It knows you are here.
    WHERE ARE YOU!

Show
    Starting AP: 6 AP 1 PAP
    Join Pantheon -1 AP (The Destined): That which has a beginning must have an end. Be patient and you will be rewarded as the master of your own fate. Let no one take from you that which is yours. Grow in strength and knowledge, and let no one stay your hand from the actions that manifest your will.
    Create Mundane Concept -1 AP (Music): Yup... The mortals have started to create and enjoy music. And the Hobbits in particular have an ear for it. Singing all sorts of amusing and bawdy songs.
    Remaining AP: 4 AP 1 PAP
    Last edited by Sontali; 2016-07-05 at 07:28 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Rylios leaves the greatest mountain.

As Rylios gathered the angels that were to leave with him, he spoke and made pictures in the stone. “I will accept your soldiers amongst the people of the Hallowed Union. Of the other gods of Vitae I know of yourself, Lotus, the Smith, the Sky Father and Choo'Wohn. Outside of that I know not of who the others might be if they exist at all.”

A thought entered Rylios’ mind and with a wave of his hand a picture of a child was carved into the stone. “This a god called Gigglethorne, I met them in what was once a hobbit village with a number of other gods. He is the son of In-arl, the god killer. I know for a fact that In-Arl has maimed a god and forced it to submit defeat. Such a warrior would be invaluable of a great number of reasons.”

Finally, the angels that were to return with Rylios were in position. “You will have to forgive me, I have much to do. If you need me ask.” Rylios said as he and some of the angels began to glow before flying off at incredible speed as a single bolt of light.

The Capital of the Hallowed Union.

The angels and Rylios reformed on a paved area close to the capital. The gold shields had built this so Rylios always had a clear place in the capital to light jump to.

“Angels rest, find what you need. Graz'zt, Triel please come with me when you are ready. There is much to be done.” He explained as the angels began to slowly dissipate.

The capital sprawled outward with simple buildings within a simple wall, over the wall were fields of various crops such as wheat, yams and Razor Weed. There was a great sparing area where every liberated practiced at less once a day, hundreds at a time.

Most of this sparing is far more violent than most would expect of the people of Rylios. Many of the liberated practised their fighting, with the aggression and force as though they were against real enemies. Breaking arms and legs, gouging eyes and cutting off digits. The gold shields fought to cripple rather than kill. For on the injured they could practise their healing on the same wounds they would have in a battle.

Healing mages patrol though the area healing any upon the ground, practising their magic and making sure none died.

Simple dirt roads lead though the city, upon the most travelled of the roads had hobbit traders offering wares, stories and jokes to anyone that were interested. At the centre of the city was a would-be castle that looked to be a number of buildings linked to each other.

To any that had experience of battle in a city, the fort at the center of this one was clearly built for battle. The fort was like many other buildings of the Hallowed Union, it was simple and built for purpose over comfort. To any who had seen battle, entering it felt like walking into an ambush, every room seemed as though it would be a nightmare to take.

If it was not for the yellow shields painted here and there, and with every citizen seeming to practise healing magic, it would be hard to make any think this place was founded by the healer.

Once Rylios had shown the angels of Dragon the capital. Graz’zt was taken to those that teach combat and the council of 15 that lead the Hallowed Union. While Triel was taken to the hospitals and the labs where many try to learn of magic and technology both known and unknown.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Halfling in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Post Re: Lords of Creation: New Dawn (IC Thread)

Spoiler
    Show
    The Carnival

“ℑⱦ ⱪŊȭϢś ỿℴṵ ª℞Ǝ ℍƐ℟ⱸ.”

Inside The Carnival, full of the sounds of feasting and talking and laughter, a thing pulled itself together, a thing of tinkling glass and many arms. Something was in Its sanctuary. Uninvited. The god-thing pulled itself along, looking for the intruder, avoiding the Hobbit souls that were none the wiser for the form it had, fear was a negative emotion after all.

“ϢℋĔṜȨ ȂⱤỂ ɎǬỬ¡”

The Hernegliscus’ form screeched, glass shards splintering, producing clear tones that were heard all through the plane. And the Hobbit nearest to the laughing god started humming. Distracted from its rage, The Hernegliscus turned to this Hobbit and stared at it, as the soul created a pleasant melody, at some point the god-thing joined in, and deciding that this was good, released it into The First World. And a new sound was added to The Carnival, music.

We Meet Again, Hernegliscus and Gigglethorne - The Carnival

As Gigglethorne was immersing himself in the festivities, completely disregarding the events that led to him being here, he heard a voice he recognised. It was after all quite a distinct voice or perhaps more correctly said, multitude of voices all speaking the same meaning but in different guttural ways. Altogether it wasn't a very pleasant voice to listen to, the owner of this voice being an odd creature as well.

Gigglethorne continued to contemplate how much of a pain it was listening to that voice when the voice gave out a loud “ϢℋĔṜȨ ȂⱤỂ ɎǬỬ¡”.

Listening to the voice and following the sound he came upon the odd creature he had encountered before in the Dismal Bog, The Hernegliscus. Approaching it quietly, Gigglethorne poked the Hernegliscus in the backs.

"SURPIRSE AND SALUTATIONS! Mr. Hernegliscus, It is I! Gigglethorne!"

After poking the Hernegliscus in the backs, the child immediately stepped back held his hat at his heart and took a bow.

"Though this is indeed a surprise! I didn't believe we would meet so soon after our last parting. Is this your place? Its rather upbeat, though I must say the part about not being able to feel negative emotions is a bit off putting. How has existence been treating you in the time I haven't seen you?"

Meanwhile, back at the Dismal Bog with other Gigglethorne

Other Gigglethorne stood there waiting. As he was waiting, so as to stave off the boredom setting in, he tore his scarf into small little balls which then proceeded to turn into even smaller Gigglethorne's. Other Gigglethorne began to juggle the little Gigglethorne's, to which the little Gigglethorne's began laughing and giggling because it was a lot of fun.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thethird View Post

Atop the Mountain

Bel made his way unto the forge with those thoughts still in his mind.

"Forge lord! The Allfather has returned, and our legion has seen much battle. I'm sent to you so I can share what we learnt of the art of war. I'm sent to you so I can bring new weapons to my brothers and sisters so we can wage combat so you don't have to."
    Once Aedifus returned with his hist of angels to his mountain forge he picked up a few demons that had once again been attracted to the heat of his forge and tossed them into the ocean. Just after he had done so, a warrior angel aproached and spoke of war and weapons.

"Hail there. Hephaestus is the one you seek. I have little interest in your war, though I will aid you as best as I can. Teach Hephaestus of war, and he will transcribe it twice, once for the Smith Angels, The Forgekin, to read, and once for me."

A slightly larger than normal angel approached Bel and carried stone and coal, the writing tools of the Forgekin. "We have a grand shipment here, a score of scores of scores of each blade, mail and shield. With the occurrence of a river for trade, we can ship them to you easily. What have you to teach us, brother?"

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

War with the River People

In the settlements of the River People lurk at lea one angel. An angel is so much greater than a hobbit and so duty-bound to protect his village from enemies that open attacks against one anothr are unlikely to come to a fore, and in those places where it does an uncomfortable stalemate occurs until some key parties end up dying - either through natural means or means to help nature - and the situation resolves itself.

However, the River People are not just their settlements, but also their rivers and the coastal seas. These places are where the hobbit traders and sailors reign supreme with an angel happening to be at that place being an unlikely occurance. This was where hobbit could engage in their new war-like feelings. This was where piracy was born.

However, the pirate coming together with others to wage war soon came to engage in anger and other seas. Arrangements that began with gleeful sadistic seashanties soon lead to battles amongst pirates more than strikes against the actual merchants who they set to the seas to prey upon.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Show
    [QUOTE=Tadeus Gigletor;20965722]
    Spoiler
    Show

We Meet Again, Hernegliscus and Gigglethorne - The Carnival

As Gigglethorne was immersing himself in the festivities, completely disregarding the events that led to him being here, he heard a voice he recognised. It was after all quite a distinct voice or perhaps more correctly said, multitude of voices all speaking the same meaning but in different guttural ways. Altogether it wasn't a very pleasant voice to listen to, the owner of this voice being an odd creature as well.

Gigglethorne continued to contemplate how much of a pain it was listening to that voice when the voice gave out a loud “ϢℋĔṜȨ ȂⱤỂ ɎǬỬ¡”.

Listening to the voice and following the sound he came upon the odd creature he had encountered before in the Dismal Bog, The Hernegliscus. Approaching it quietly, Gigglethorne poked the Hernegliscus in the backs.

"SURPIRSE AND SALUTATIONS! Mr. Hernegliscus, It is I! Gigglethorne!"

After poking the Hernegliscus in the backs, the child immediately stepped back held his hat at his heart and took a bow.

"Though this is indeed a surprise! I didn't believe we would meet so soon after our last parting. Is this your place? Its rather upbeat, though I must say the part about not being able to feel negative emotions is a bit off putting. How has existence been treating you in the time I haven't seen you?"

The Hernegliscus, Gigglethorne – The Carnival

Many hands curled into fists, and several of them broke, glass fingers falling uselessly to the ground. But when many torsos twisted around to see Gigglethorne the fists largely relaxed.

Ḯņ-ẳℝⱠson. ℑⱦ ȿǝǝŝ. ẘℌǡȶ ȡǭǝŝ ƭℍⱸ ℊǿḑ ŴǻƝţ? ẀꜧƔ ḭƨ ìť ℍƐ℟ⱸ?"

Many arms, some shattered, once again started dragging it along the ground, parts of its pelvis chipping off along the way.

“ẘǭʼnṰ țḦế Ğ⒪ƌ ḈȱṂ℮ Ƭ⍥ ⱦℌė ℱṎꝚěẛŧ ⱳℐƫℋ ℑⱦ?”

Spoiler: Translate
    Show
    In-arlson. It sees. What does the god want? Why is it here?
    Won't the god come to the Forest with it?