New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: V sexuality (again)

Well, we've now seen V's 2 androgenous children and androgenous spouse. Seems the Giant's keen on keeping us in the dark

Edit: Whoah, there's no 629 thread up yet O.o
    Last edited by Highwarlord; 2009-02-06 at 01:11 AM.
    Just an affable fellow, really.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: V's Gender Debate IV [Official]

So...what? Is no one going to comment here now that we've seen V's mate?

Personally, he/she seems more ambiguous to me than the V-man/woman him/herself.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Banned

Default Re: V sexuality (again)

hmm... I'd bet this has been brought up in other threads on this same topic, but...
    http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0028.html

With Roy's and Belkar's reactions to the implication that V checked out Elan's "blade" they either know, or, more likely, assume, that V is male.

Quote Originally Posted by The Minx View Post
    Well, if it makes you feel any better, I should have been the one to call you on that.

On another note, why is "penis" not blocked by the word filter but "****oris" is blocked? Gender inequality, says I! The Minx is not happy.
    well, a word that is slang for penis and short for Richard is blocked, so apparently we can talk about naughty bits academically, but not "naturally."
    ****oris get's partially filtered because it contains the "offensive" word, but apparently the entire word isn't offensive, otherwise the whole thing would be a line of asterisks.
    Last edited by Prak; 2009-02-10 at 01:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default V is female! I have you now Rich! *evil laughter*

V referred to her Mate as a Baker not a Bakeress.

Gotcha Now.

Unless Baker is a Unisex term and inwhich drat, foiled again by this meddling kids.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: V is female! I have you now Rich! *evil laughter*

I'm pretty sure that Baker doesn't carry any masculine or feminine connotations. 'Bakeress' sounds kind of like a supervillain though, so kudos.
    Feel free to catch me on MSN if you ever feel like a chat! You can find me under "ChocolateHeathen (At) Hotmail (Dot) com", most days.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm pritty sure that baker is a unisex term and you don't need to say bakeress,
    sorry Rich has accaped from yore grasp and yore evil laphter is wasted.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paddy lay back (Paddy lay back)
    Take in the slack (Take in the slack)
    Put the turn around the capstan heave a pawl (Heave a pawl!)
    About ship, stations, boys, be handy (Be handy!)
    For we're bound for Valaparaiser around the Horn! (Horn! Horn!)

7. - Top - End - #487
    Spamalot in the Playground

I guess this is a "Thank you Raenir, but the princess is in another castle" kind of deal. Of course it's still possible V and the mate are the same sex and they adopted. I mean those kids don't really look like 'em (Unless this elven culture trades children around as part of their culture).
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

If the dragon skins V's mate, maybe we will know...
    In memory of Evisceratus: he dreamed of a better world, but he lacked the class levels to make the dream come true.

Ridiculous monsters you won't take seriously even as they disembowel you

my take on the highly skilled professional: the specialized expert

9. - Top - End - #489
    Orc in the Playground

Baker is a unisex term. And even if it wasn't, there's always the possibility V is gay. You never know.

EDIT: It would seem I've been ninja'd.
    Last edited by KilltheToy; 2009-02-12 at 10:38 AM.
    Never eat French fish. They're poisson.

Avatar by Elder Tsofu. May he forever be as awesome as he is when I typed this.

10. - Top - End - #490

Not only is baker not a male or female term, but you entirely ignore that V could be in a gay relationship. Even if it could be proven that V's mate was male, you'd have to prove that they were both married and that elven law only allowed heterosexual couples to marry to use that as a proof of V being female. Sorry!

11. - Top - End - #491
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, I was going to make the reverse argument...

Since both Aarindarius and Vaarsuvius have purple, parted down the middle hair, and wear robes in the same fasion, and Vaarsuvius CLEARLY called Aarindarius Master and not Mistress, V must be MALE!!!

I win the Internets! I win the Internets! No one can deny me! Lalalala!

Or... Maybe V's the female, since her husband is clearly an expert in putting "Buns in the Oven!"

Meh... Still not solved.
    Last edited by Surfing HalfOrc; 2009-02-12 at 11:33 AM.
    Thanks to Ceika (X2), Yeril, Holammer and Dr. Bath for the Avatars!
    New Avatar, new form of self-destruction! Ceika is Beyond Awesome!

12. - Top - End - #492

I wonder if V might be female- and here's my reasoning:

The body styles between males and females in OoTS is very distinctive. Males have a completely square torso, and females have a curvy, organic torso. V's mate clearly has the masculine torso, while V's torso shape cannot be determined due to the robes.

Now the question is: are ther other instances where Rich draws masculine females? What do other females wearing robes look like- are they androgenous, or can you clearly see the female body-type's curves under the robe.
    WAMP (Wargame and Miniature Painters)- Helping Miniature Painters Improve

Awesome Avatar by Qwernt.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

What you can see of the naked V's body in strip #186 also appears square and masculine, which kind of torpedoes that theory...

14. - Top - End - #494
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by Nimrod's Son; 2009-02-12 at 12:37 PM.
    Please write all sarcasm in blue text. All metaphors should be marked in red text and for any split infinitives, please use green. Thank you.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CreganTur View Post
    I wonder if V might be female- and here's my reasoning:

The body styles between males and females in OoTS is very distinctive. Males have a completely square torso, and females have a curvy, organic torso. V's mate clearly has the masculine torso, while V's torso shape cannot be determined due to the robes.

Now the question is: are ther other instances where Rich draws masculine females? What do other females wearing robes look like- are they androgenous, or can you clearly see the female body-type's curves under the robe.
    We see females in robes with rather obvious curves. Sangwaan and the other spellcasters in Azure City are good examples.
    The problem is that they are humans. Elves are generally much slimmer and less busty than humans, so it would make sense that, being both thin and nearly flat-chested, their curves would be difficult to spot underneath robes. We see a couple of robed elves in SoD and they have the same bodytype as V. We have yet to see any confirmed female robed elves.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

16. - Top - End - #496
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Raenir Salazar View Post
    V referred to her Mate as a Baker not a Bakeress.
    There is no possible way the Giant could be paying this much attention to the word Baker, without turning it into some kind of friendly jab against his personal arch-nemesis, Keith Baker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    Elves are generally much slimmer and less busty than humans, so it would make sense that, being both thin and nearly flat-chested, their curves would be difficult to spot underneath robes. We see a couple of robed elves in SoD and they have the same bodytype as V. We have yet to see any confirmed female robed elves.
    I don't know how much water this holds, considering how feminine certain elves without heavy robes manage to look.
    You can call me Draz.
    Trophies:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also of note:

I have a number of ongoing projects that I manically jump between to spend my free time ... so don't be surprised when I post a lot about something for a few days, then burn out and abandon it.
    ... yes, I need to be tested for ADHD.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Surfing HalfOrc View Post
    Actually, I was going to make the reverse argument...

Since both Aarindarius and Vaarsuvius have purple, parted down the middle hair, and wear robes in the same fasion, and Vaarsuvius CLEARLY called Aarindarius Master and not Mistress, V must be MALE!!!

I win the Internets! I win the Internets! No one can deny me! Lalalala!

Or... Maybe V's the female, since her husband is clearly an expert in putting "Buns in the Oven!"

Meh... Still not solved.
    Pretty much this. I'm still leaning toward "gay male" myself.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

Well if color is anything to go buy, V's magic is PINK colored, and V's speech squares in the 630 strip are pink as well, so that could be female. Not that this is scientific or anything but just another thought.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    And it harm none, Do as you will

Proud Second Baker to the Fan Club

Kewl Avatar by someone who's name I forgot

19. - Top - End - #499
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally, I think the V-is-male, mate-is-female theory to be the least likely. When has Rich gone with the sanest theory? It's not as funny that way.
    Credit to Mauve Shirt for the avatar
    Spoiler
    Show
    THAT HAS NO NECK!

Quote Originally Posted by The_Glyphstone View Post
    WMG theory: The Exalted Games of Divinity are actually a game of FATAL, and all the Incarnae had the bad luck of rolling Clerks as their class.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Halfling in the Playground

NinjaGirl

Why do the funny threads get mostly serious replies
    DC 20 spot check to see the ninja's posts.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    Personally, I think the V-is-male, mate-is-female theory to be the least likely. When has Rich gone with the sanest theory? It's not as funny that way.
    It is when these kinds of threads constantly pop up. Sometimes I imagine Rich as a puppeteer sitting high above these forums yelling, "Dance, my puppets!"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draz74 View Post
    I don't know how much water this holds, considering how feminine certain elves without heavy robes manage to look.
    Which is why I used the word "generally".

Really, now. If humans can have such wildly ranging cup sizes I don't see why the same shouldn't apply for elves. Not to mention that elves are depicted as being pretty much anorexic, which would eliminate just about any hint of breasts on an average human female, too.

Basically, I think that if we see clearly-gendered elves, it's the race showing some variety.
    If we see androgynous elves, it's Rich further screwing with us by establishing the norm for his elves.
    *Above post: Additional terms and restrictions may apply.
    My old OotS fanart
    My art on Instagram

23. - Top - End - #503

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytara View Post
    We see females in robes with rather obvious curves. Sangwaan and the other spellcasters in Azure City are good examples.
    The problem is that they are humans. Elves are generally much slimmer and less busty than humans, so it would make sense that, being both thin and nearly flat-chested, their curves would be difficult to spot underneath robes. We see a couple of robed elves in SoD and they have the same bodytype as V. We have yet to see any confirmed female robed elves.
    I'm surprised you don't have your own set, V.
    I do, actually, but they are not nearly so large.
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

24. - Top - End - #504
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SlightlyEvil View Post
    When has Rich gone with the sanest theory?
    When it sparks the most pointless debate. See also "Belkar is Chaotic Evil."

25. - Top - End - #505
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

V already has a mate. She/he has shown no interest in hooking up with any of the main characters...or any characters for that matter so what does V's gender matter? The joke was funny for a while but it's not really funny anymore and doesnt really matter because it does not impact the story in any way. Now if for some reason V showed sexual interest in Roy or Hailey then the question of gender would become important but for now its one of those things that doesnt matter in the slightest except for cheap jokes.

26. - Top - End - #506

Quote Originally Posted by Yendor View Post
    I'm surprised you don't have your own set, V.
    I do, actually, but they are not nearly so large.
    Um, are you agreeing with the previous poster? Because that link is hardly evidence, since we don't know that V is actually a female.

BTW: we have three examples of robed female elves who are obviously female: Lirian, and the two Drow (the one in the dungeon and the one in the evil adventuring party which attacked Mount Celestia).
    Quote Originally Posted by Face Of Evil View Post
    Dungeons and Dragons are SERIOUS BUSINESS!
    Thanks to Bisected8 for the avatar.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Pixie in the Playground

Default My evidence.

I conclude that V is female. How, you ask?

Leaving out the elves, all members of the Linear Guild are the same sex as their Order of the Stick counterparts, except Hilgya. One alternately-sexed counterpart, expressly for the sake of sexual tension, is poor storytelling; whereas two more exceptions to the rule (the male Zz'dtri and Pompey to the female Vaarsuvius) balance the narrative.

And since we all know that Rich is, in fact, not a poor storyteller, we can come to the inevitable conclusion. And it is no more nor less full of crap than all the other theories.
    Last edited by spooon; 2009-02-12 at 10:22 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Minx View Post
    BTW: we have three examples of robed female elves who are obviously female: Lirian, and the two Drow (the one in the dungeon and the one in the evil adventuring party which attacked Mount Celestia).
    They aren't wearing robes, though. Lirian has a skirt and a top of some sort (she's even showing her midriff). Same with the first Drow. The second is wearing more generic clothing - there's no real way to tell what it is.

For characters in robes their robes quite clearly extend all the way down over their legs, covering their entire bodies. See V and Sangwaan.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

29. - Top - End - #509
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

I am pretty sure that V's mate is male, and they might be a gay couple.
    Last edited by Max_Sinister; 2009-02-13 at 05:26 AM.
    My random thoughts about:
    Dungeon Crawling Fools - OtOoPCs - NCftPB - War and XPs

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    *I only realized a month or so ago that that means elves don't have eyebrows...
    Not really. I always took the 'no facial hair' thing as a euphemism for no pubic hair. So no beard, chest or genitalia hair, but eyebrows are still present.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkninjaoflight View Post
    Why do the funny threads get mostly serious replies
    's gender. Serious Business.
    Treasurer of the Fan Club. (And in desperate need of donations).

A fan before it was cool.

Probationary conscript of the Fan Club.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.