1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Suggestion for new subforum.

I'm not sure if this the right place, but I'm sure if this idea is going to gain any traction, it would need attention from a mod. Anyways, I think that Homebrew Design could use a subforum for homebrew systems. I don't know how many forumgoers would agree, but I believe that it's distinct enough from the main Homebrew Design and the World Building subforum that it would be a benefit to any people brewing new game systems to have a separate place to do so.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Suggestion for new subforum.

We have a subforum titled "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" and it's not because those things are similar. I sincerely doubt we have enough traffic to justify a system design subforum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Telok View Post
    Imagine if the combat system was as well thought out and explained as the skill system. You could cut it down to a page and a half, monsters would be about three sentences long. Best of all you don't have to remember any tables for conditions or detail the special abilities because you've got rulings instead of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe the suggestion was for a new subforum in Homebrew Design, not a new subforum in Roleplaying Games (where Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems is located).
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    We have a subforum titled "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems" and it's not because those things are similar. I sincerely doubt we have enough traffic to justify a system design subforum.
    There are subforums with 1,200 threads. Homebrew Design has 37,000. If it had 1/35 of the Homebrew forum, it wouldn't be the smallest one.
    My Homebrew (Free to use, don't even bother asking. PM me if you do, though; I'd love to hear stories).

Avatar done by me (It's Durkon redrawn as Salvador from Borderlands 2).

Nod, get treat.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

From what I remember about previous discussions on the topic, the standard for getting a new subforum is more "This topic is overwhelming everything else" rather than "this topic is getting lost in the other stuff".
    I have my own TV show featuring local musicians performing live. YouTube page with full episodes and outtake clips here.
    I also have another YouTube page with local live music clips I've filmed on my own.
    Then there is my gaming YouTube page with Kerbal Space Program, Minecraft, and others.
    Finally, I stream on Twitch, mostly Kerbal Space Program and Minecraft.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Gunslinger in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff: Thanks for the suggestion. We'll add it to the list of things to consider. It seems unlikely, though. The content you suggest fits well enough within the general Homebrew umbrella. There's already an original system tag for use within that section. And in the last month there have been only 14 threads using that tag. There doesn't seem to be a problem with original system content being unfindable or overwhelming the current forum. Finally, while it probably seems an easy, cost-free thing to do to split off a subform, it actually has certain technical and other repercussions.
    Fedoruman Roland by Chris the Pontifex

Forum Rules