New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; Part I: We're Lacking Poses!

Spoiler: Bites the Dust
    Show

So the arrow can stab a Stand user and make him gain new abilities? Doesn't that mean anyone with the arrow can self-mutilate indefinitely to achieve real ultimate power? Or is Killer Queen unique due to starting out with 2 abilities, making it "expandable"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

2. - Top - End - #302

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Show

So the arrow can stab a Stand user and make him gain new abilities? Doesn't that mean anyone with the arrow can self-mutilate indefinitely to achieve real ultimate power? Or is Killer Queen unique due to starting out with 2 abilities, making it "expandable"?
    Spoiler
    Show
    They'll explain this...later. Later later. Like, Part 5 later. But the gist of it is, if a Stand User is hit by the Stand Arrow, it's EVEN MORE FATAL than if a regular person is hit with the arrow. But if they survive, if they have enough conviction to survive this certain death, it'll grant them a godly power upgrade that will fulfill their desires.

Sometimes this is good. Sometimes this is bad. Kira got off lucky, BITES THE DUST is a really good upgrade.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Show

Another question: Does Bites the Dust only activate when Hayato reveals Kira, or does it trigger when anybody does it?

4. - Top - End - #304

Quote Originally Posted by Brendanicus View Post
    Show

Another question: Does Bites the Dust only activate when Hayato reveals Kira, or does it trigger when anybody does it?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kira explained it briefly, it's only Hayato. He is Bites The Dust, basically.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ettin in the Playground

What I really like about allot of the later Stands is that they don't even so much have to do with personality as the persons desires.

Not all stands of course (Cause Akari) but the ones that do are really neat.

Like although Superfly had the initial shock of imprisoning its user that he on a conscious level panicked, on a subconscious level it was always what he desired.

To that end I have come to the personal theory that Holy Kujos Desire was to see more appreciation from her son and see him and her father get along. So in a strange way her stand forced them to cooperate to save her life.

And don't tell me that this is too far Fatched for a Stand Ability. Would fit right in.

Its a real neat way of designing superpowers in my opinion. So a man who wants to be the worlds best Chess Player may have his opponents faint or die if they do better then him in chess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

6. - Top - End - #306

That raises a lot of questions about some of the more parasitic stands in series (Superfly, though you covered that. Anubis. Notorious BIG. Cheap Trick) but is an interesting theory.

That said I think it's cooler if the stand has nothing to really "do with them" persey. With Kira, it's neat that he has such this powerful destructive ability, but uses it almost entirely for his passion and desire to be a serial killer. Josuke's Crazy Diamond can really **** people up, but he almost always uses it to heal instead of truly disfigure and hurt, because he believes in love and peace.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

WHAT THIS WORLD NEEDS IS LOVE AND PEACE!

But yeah, I agree that not all Stands (perhaps not even most) necessarily reflect the user's personality, but rather, their passions or natural talents (like Tonio's Pearl Jam, or Mountain Tim's Oh! Lonesome Me).

8. - Top - End - #308

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    That raises a lot of questions about some of the more parasitic stands in series...Cheap Trick
    Cheap Trick specifically explained what was going on - his master did not have the strength to control a Stand, so when he was arrow'd, he spawned a weak parasitic Stand. I see no reason to doubt his explanation, since Cheap Trick was too much into gloating to lie at the time.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

9. - Top - End - #309
    Titan in the Playground

That said I think it's cooler if the stand has nothing to really "do with them" persey. With Kira, it's neat that he has such this powerful destructive ability, but uses it almost entirely for his passion and desire to be a serial killer.
    The important part about Killer Queen is that its attacks leave no evidence, which fits with Kira's meticulous nature and his desire to remain hidden.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ettin in the Playground

Its also been noticed that only stand users HEAR the Kira caused explosions. Meaning its also utterly silent.

With Cheap trick I assumed the man always had a belief about not showing his back. He wanted his belief to be validated. Wa wa waa.
    Notorious Big the man was suicidal but also wanted to deal with his enemies.

Anubis's Creator wanted to make a Sword that the greatest weapon masters could use.
    A little condescending

11. - Top - End - #311

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Its also been noticed that only stand users HEAR the Kira caused explosions. Meaning its also utterly silent.

With Cheap trick I assumed the man always had a belief about not showing his back. He wanted his belief to be validated. Wa wa waa.
    Notorious Big the man was suicidal but also wanted to deal with his enemies.

Anubis's Creator wanted to make a Sword that the greatest weapon masters could use.
    Stands like cheap trick and notorious BIG are what I call "spite stands" however highway to hell is the ultimate spite stand.
    Last edited by NecroDancer; 2016-12-05 at 11:49 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312

Ahem.

IT'S A BREAK DOWN BREAK DOWN

THREE, TWO, ONE...LET'S GO.

Spoiler
    Show
    and so we get out "Bites The Dust" opening variant and MY GOD that's...kind horrifying. JEEZ. We learn more details about Bites The Dust, and we see that...so long as Bites The Dust is in effect, "fate is set in stone". It's really a challenging stand because while you can try new things...each attempt is going to layer more and more fate onto things. Now Hayato has to contend with the watch, the burn, the air blasts hitting Kira. It's intense.

I forget all of how this works out too so HELL YEAH.

13. - Top - End - #313
    Ettin in the Playground

Gonna splurge about the symbolism here:

The 3rd Version of the Intro is about all the characters we know coming together to finally overcome the Curse of the Evil Kira. Because despite him having some people who care for him, doesn't care about anybody else making him a loner against our heroes.

And so the intro is about how inescapable his justice is, and how the great shroud of darkness over marioh is being lifted. There is a "Breakdown" if you will on Kiras World (We can see it as with each breakdown his Killer queen related stuff are shown to be dying or such).

And Bites Za Dusto, is a reversal of that. Kira wants the shroud back, wants all these people to go their seperate ways.

Jojo I love thee.
    A little condescending

14. - Top - End - #314

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    Gonna splurge about the symbolism here:

The 3rd Version of the Intro is about all the characters we know coming together to finally overcome the Curse of the Evil Kira. Because despite him having some people who care for him, doesn't care about anybody else making him a loner against our heroes.

And so the intro is about how inescapable his justice is, and how the great shroud of darkness over marioh is being lifted. There is a "Breakdown" if you will on Kiras World (We can see it as with each breakdown his Killer queen related stuff are shown to be dying or such).

And Bites Za Dusto, is a reversal of that. Kira wants the shroud back, wants all these people to go their seperate ways.

Jojo I love thee.
    Jojo is love. Jojo is life.

15. - Top - End - #315
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we're approaching the end of Part IV. It was a long run, and it was fun, but it had to end.

Spoiler: Diamondo wa Kudakenai!
    Show
    Anyways, Bites the Dust is one of my favorite arcs! And damn if Killer Queen didn't look awesome when triggering KQBtD on all four main characters!

Next arc is the final Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable, featuring our favorite Stray Cat fused with Killer Queen, damn I love this villain fight!
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Firbolg in the Playground

I just realized something.

Remember when I said the second DiU op is so strangely cheery for a JoJo opening?

...It's so the third op can hit you harder.

And it works.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ettin in the Playground

Err, I would say For DIU is Crazy Noisy Bizzare Town (Cheery), that...Next one I can't even remember its name and is the only intro I ever skip for Jojo, which is depressing and kinda grundgy, and then the Third one which is cheery and Upbeat.

I always assumed it was because at Core Jojo is a very optimistic series. About people working together, the voice of love, and justice and all that good jazz.
    A little condescending

18. - Top - End - #318

Derp.

I meant the third op, to hit with that last op.

I also mentally skip the actual second op
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Kinda in topic.

If I were to rank my JoJo's openings, it would be kinda like this.
    Spoiler: Top 7!
    Show
    7. Chase
    This opening was kinda lacking the JoJo feeling. I felt like tuning into a One Piece episode. JoJo's is a shonen anime, but its theme is mostly bizarre, both with its content and its openings. It differs a LOT from its previous opening from the same part, but I can't just enjoy this one.

6. Bloody Stream
    Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Bloody Stream, Part II is also one of my favorites and Joseph2 is my favorite Jojo. But this opening isn't just the one I like the most. The trumpets and its theme just made me learn to sing it.

5. Great Days
    This one is odd, I like it but it feels weird. It is definitely better than Chase, and it do fits in the JoJo theme. Its Bites the Dust reference a la The World is just amazing and caught me by surprise, fitting just extremely well in the current situation.

4. Crazy Noisy Town
    This song has two versions, the one I enjoy the most is the very first one, it is chillin' and with a groovy theme. I liked it a lot, damn.

3. Stand Proud
    Amazing. Just amazing. It fits the Stardust Crusaders pretty well, and its double reference to Stand Proud is pretty damn good. Also, its lyrics are good and its mood sets up for an adventure, right?

2. Sono Chi no Kioku~End of The World
    I loved this opening, at the point of playing it almost everyday while crafting characters or doing chores. Its mood is just too good, and being a collab of all other three opening singers was just astonishing. Also...
    ORAORAORAORAORAORAORAORA!
    ORAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

1. Jojo~Sono Chi no Sadame
    It just describes what you're watching. Similar to End of the World, it speaks volumes about the Jojo bloodline, and its (excluding part V, VII, and VIII) eternal fight against DIO.
    SONO CHI NO SADAME
    JOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Spoiler: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Show
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO
    Spoiler: OOOOOOOOOOO
    Show
    OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Spoiler: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Show
    JO!
    Last edited by Yael; 2016-12-08 at 11:29 AM.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

20. - Top - End - #320

Can't be bothered to write the reasoning but curiously for me it's Chase < End of the World < Stand Proud < Crazy Noisy Bizarre Town <Bloody Stream/Sono Chi Sadame < Great Days

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #321
    Ogre in the Playground

I agree that Chase wasn't really a Jojo-ish opening theme. It would have been decent as an opening theme for really any other shonen anime, but it simply wasn't bizarre enough.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

22. - Top - End - #322

Spoiler: New episode
    Show

Yoshikage Kira is shonen master #1 with all these power upgrades he's scoring. Killer Queen, Sheer Heart Attack, Bites the Dust, and now Stray Cat. I imagine that next, he will power up and become Super Yoshikage Kira.

Also, how deaf is Rohan? Maybe Jotaro's hearing was affected by how loudly Star Platinum yells, and Koichi's by his sound-based Stand, but Rohan has no such excuse and yet he can't hear shouting and explosions going off around the corner. Maybe he just listens to too much loud music when he is working.
    Last edited by Flickerdart; 2016-12-09 at 03:48 PM.
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective

23. - Top - End - #323

Show

Yoshikage Kira is shonen master #1 with all these power upgrades he's scoring. Killer Queen, Sheer Heart Attack, Bites the Dust, and now Stray Cat. I imagine that next, he will power up and become Super Yoshikage Kira.

Also, how deaf is Rohan? Maybe Jotaro's hearing was affected by how loudly Star Platinum yells, and Koichi's by his sound-based Stand, but Rohan has no such excuse and yet he can't hear shouting and explosions going off around the corner. Maybe he just listens to too much loud music when he is working.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's....REALLY loud rain. I got nothing.

Also god Hayato is the best.

24. - Top - End - #324

Show

Jotaro being deafened by his stand is the best explanation for that scene I've heard.

Spoiler: Also Kira
    Show
    To be honest, Kira's constant supply of powerups that are exactly what he needs in the current situation annoys me every time it happens, which is a shame as he may otherwise be my favourite Jojo villain. I can buy that he managed to train Stray Cat because he really wanted a ranged attack that he could actually aim, but Sheer Heart Attack still infuriates me. Even if Cat bomb was a bit too well coordinated considering Stray Cat's nature...

That aside, I really like this episode. Lots of great thinking about how to get around each others abilities and some wrong conclusions being devastatingly punished. There's even a brief bit of actual fighting between stands, whicch hasn't shown up much at all and was really cool. ALSO OKUYASU DIES.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

25. - Top - End - #325

SwashbucklerGuy

And as usual for "JoJo", smarts and guts* count for a lot more than raw power.

* I mean, "guts" is pretty standard for shounen series, but smarts? Not so much.

26. - Top - End - #326

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    And as usual for "JoJo", smarts and guts* count for a lot more than raw power.

* I mean, "guts" is pretty standard for shounen series, but smarts? Not so much.
    God I can't wait till we get to Vento Aureo and people who are new to the series go "what use is the power to punch zippers into things?"

and then everything that happens, happens.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 1
    Show

Ah, Okuyasu. You died as you lived, dumb as a sack of hammers and not nearly as useful.

Unless he spontaneously resurrects and doe something really good next episode I will remain confused why so many people say he is their favorite "Brojo".

28. - Top - End - #328

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Spoiler: Crazy Diamond Is Unbreakable Part 1
    Show

Ah, Okuyasu. You died as you lived, dumb as a sack of hammers and not nearly as useful.

Unless he spontaneously resurrects and doe something really good next episode I will remain confused why so many people say he is their favorite "Brojo".
    Must... Resist... Urge... To spoil... Things...

29. - Top - End - #329
    Titan in the Playground

God I can't wait till we get to Vento Aureo and people who are new to the series go "what use is the power to punch zippers into things?"

and then everything that happens, happens.
    I can't wait either, I've finished episode 29 of Diamond is Unbreakable (darn final year project took up a lot of my time), and I'm currently rushing through the rest, but from what I can tell Vento Aureo and Steel Ball Run are going to be my favourite parts (a return to Europe is welcome, although a full part set in Africa or South America (or even mainland Asia) would be nice at some point, especially as it's a country we haven't visited before, and the lessened focus on action and more character development I've been told in Steel Ball Run sounds awesome*).

Plus I can see several good uses for punching zippers onto things. Makes organ harvesting much easier for one. Bring on this GioGio and his adventure of bizarreness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Although the one SBR spoiler that intrigues me the most? Why do people I know consider Scary Monsters to be such a good Stand?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

30. - Top - End - #330

I'm super hyped for the next episode.

After a few depressing episode with the title "Bites The Dust," bam, title drop next episode "Diamond is Unbreakable"

It's a really fitting and awesome title drop.

Spoiler
    Show