New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure; Part I: We're Lacking Poses!

Re: the new op, they're clearly setting up for an End of The World style alternate version in a few episodes that I won't spoil for the anime-only people here. Suffice to say it'll blow you away.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Re: the new op, they're clearly setting up for an End of The World style alternate version in a few episodes that I won't spoil for the anime-only people here. Suffice to say it'll blow you away.
    How do we go from "teenagers investigate a murderer" to the end of the world?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

3. - Top - End - #213
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    It's an adventure, some might call it a "bizarre" adventure

4. - Top - End - #214

SwashbucklerGuy

Not only does the trend of drawing overly muscular men* disappears starting with Part 4 (you can already see it in how Jotaro looks now compared to how he did in Part 3), but when Araki redraws the earlier JoJos, he tends to draw them in a much slimmer build.

* There will be some women who are quite muscular, but not to "Fist of the North Star" levels. Plus, it feels natural, considering the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Even perStands [...]
    It's the other way around. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Also you know my opinion that Stardust Crusader is actually pretty boring and someone earlier got put off by it [...]
    Obviously, this is very subjective, but I think the reason Part 3 might be considered boring is because it's much more of a standard shounen fighting series than any other Part, even 1 and 2 - it's basically a series of fights with bad guys who, for the most part, don't have any personal connection to the protagonists or the plot, all leading up to the confrontation with the "final boss".*

Personally, I give it a pass on that front for two reasons: the first is that I grew up on that kind of anime, so it hits me on the nostalgia level, and the second is that it's a product of its time.

* Which is a formula even the other Parts use - we can see it even now in Part 4 -, but they usually put their own spin on at least a few things.
    Last edited by The Troubadour; 2016-10-13 at 12:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #215

I don't know, ask the gang in Inaba-cho. I'm sure they'd love to talk about murders.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Barbarian in the Playground

Poor phrasing on my part. The last Stardust Crusaders opening was called End of the World, and had a similar ending to Stand Proud except that DIO stops time.

7. - Top - End - #217

New episode!

Spoiler
    Show
    THERE'S NO WAY! I HAVE TO DRIVE THROUGH! BUT...CRAZY DIAMOND! ORA *destroys motorcycle, flips over lady with her baby carriage* NOW! FIX! *motorcycle reforms and continues driving without losing a bit of speed*

OPENING SEQUENCE DROP.

I love this show so much. And of course we end with the line that was referred to earlier in the thread. "You're right...it wouldn't be fair if I beat up a crippled man. That's why I already healed you. Now...now it's fair!"

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Ow, yeah. We're having some cat next episode! *hype from a cat lover*
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Ow, yeah. We're having some cat next episode! *hype from a cat lover*
    ...ooh. Oh boy. This is gonna be a thing.

But yeah jeez. "That Cat Loves Yoshikagi Kira" is a damn good episode, and I'm excited to see how it'll look on ye old TV screen.

10. - Top - End - #220

Planetar

Speaking of cats I am currently fending off a 4 month old kitten who is determined to climb my bare leg. Button please stop, my flesh isn't an appropriate place to put your claws.

11. - Top - End - #221

Quote Originally Posted by NecroDancer View Post
    Speaking of cats I am currently fending off a 4 month old kitten who is determined to climb my bare leg. Button please stop, my flesh isn't an appropriate place to put your claws.
    The solution to this is simple. Just hollow out your chest and put in a baby carriage carrying cage thing.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    The solution to this is simple. Just hollow out your chest and put in a baby carriage carrying cage thing.
    Or just pet kitty whenever you see kitty heading for your leg*. I said it before (on the cat pet thread) and I say it again: Only thing kitty is guilty of is wanting to be petted.

*Then kitty will develop a method of letting you know when petting is needed. This will allow kitty to be petted when needed and that's what's really important here.

EDIT: Something on track with thread... Something on track with thread...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why couldn't Za Hando just have been used against the picture room anyways against where the ghost was? Sure it's an alternate dimension, but he's still there. I'm curious to see what would have happened. And why couldn't he just have Za Hando'd him out of the frame once they had him trapped?
    Last edited by gooddragon1; 2016-10-24 at 06:56 PM.
    There is no emotion more useless in life than hate.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by gooddragon1 View Post
    Or just pet kitty whenever you see kitty heading for your leg*. I said it before (on the cat pet thread and I say it again: Only think kitty is guilty of is wanting to be petted.

*Then kitty will develop a method of letting you know when petting is needed. This will allow kitty to be petted when needed and that's what's really important here.

EDIT: Something on track with thread... Something on track with thread...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why couldn't Za Hando just have been used against the picture room anyways against where the ghost was? Sure it's an alternate dimension, but he's still there. I'm curious to see what would have happened. And why couldn't he just have Za Hando'd him out of the frame once they had him trapped?
    My understanding is that The Hand is that it "erases space". But Atom Heart Father "creates space" through the photo. IT takes a picture of a place, and that room becomes "set" and nothing can change within it without his direct input on the photo. Though, as we saw if I recall, Okuyasu using The Hand on the PHOTO changed the photo. So it's less a matter of The Hand not working, and more that he aimed at the wrong thing. I might be thinking of later, or just conjecturing.

Also Pyjama Dad could just...go back into the photo once removed. Remember he's literally a Ghost that has a stand, not a human living in a photo.

Oh, also also, and this is important. If the question "why didn't Okuyasu use The Hand to do X" it's almost invariably because in character Okuyasu is either too unmotivated or too stupid to realize he can do it. A stand user sort of gets a "Feel" for how their stand works as they use it, but just because they know how to use it on an instinctual base level doesn't mean they're SMART.

14. - Top - End - #224

OH MAN JOJO.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey everybody look it's Stray Cat, Kira's natural counter. The power to control air. Shame about BEING A CAT THOUGH. CAT'S LOVE YOSHIKAGE KIRA!

In a string of good episodes this one stands out for, once again, making the main villain our protagonist and making it WORK. Hayato finally finds out about his father, and we're shoved back into the reality of just how villainous Kira is.

Next time, on Jojo...I don't ACTUALLY remember ****. I know what happens next in the manga, but the chapter title is different from what I expected. Hmm...

15. - Top - End - #225

Planetar

Next time is my favorite stand........

SUPERFLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. - Top - End - #226

So, I was curious as to what episode would be next. Are they skipping any, why is the title different from the manga? Well, I got the answer now.
    Spoiler
    Show

They're doing "Let's Live On A Transmission Tower" "Enigma Boy" "My Dad Is Not My Dad" and "Cheap Trick" ALL AT ONCE! This is pretty clever, and will leave us a good amount of time left for AOBTD.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I was curious as to what episode would be next. Are they skipping any, why is the title different from the manga? Well, I got the answer now.
    Spoiler
    Show

They're doing "Let's Live On A Transmission Tower" "Enigma Boy" "My Dad Is Not My Dad" and "Cheap Trick" ALL AT ONCE! This is pretty clever, and will leave us a good amount of time left for AOBTD.
    Spoiler
    Show

Those events happen kinda close to each other (except for Enigma Boy and KQBTD)

"**** if I know."

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Those events happen kinda close to each other (except for Enigma Boy and KQBTD)
    Spoiler
    Show

I actually looked it up to remember and timeline wise practically all four of those arcs I mentioned happen "at the same general time".

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Obligatory:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Tower of Gray" from Part 3 was a super-powerful fly. "Superfly" is a gray tower.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

So I've finally reached Egypt, why does this part drag on so long? It's the first time I've been both highly entertained and bored, as it always seems to be along the line of 'Trainer DIO sent out Stand User, go Jotaro/whoever's fighting this week'.

If I wanted to feel like I was watching filler I'd start watching Bleach again.

On the other hand, I've worked out my two favourite characters for this Part, who are Joseph (again) and Avdol. The mixture of the glorious ham with being the two most experienced and in some ways competent people in the group makes them much more entertaining than Jotaro.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

I think almost everyone ends up liking Jotaro's comrades more than they like him.
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    I think almost everyone ends up liking Jotaro's comrades more than they like him.
    Man, Polnareff is just like my reason to continue watching Stardust Crusaders.

"**** if I know."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shadow_archmagi View Post
    Well of course, Jotaro suffers from being the straight man, but unlike Roy he doesn't get many opportunities for sarcastic quips (and the rare times I've really liked Jotaro are when it feels like he's being sarcastic).

It also feels like the potential for Stands is underused. Maybe it gets better in later parts, but how about a Stand that looks like a robot, where each limb (inc. head and torso) can turn into a separate robot. The crazier Stands have generally been the better ones, and seem to be becoming more common (man the fight on the submarine was tense). This water stand seems cool, and all will be forgiven if there's eventually a stand that shoots bombs made out of ice cream but only while the user is riding a bicycle, or something even more outlandish.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Well of course, Jotaro suffers from being the straight man, but unlike Roy he doesn't get many opportunities for sarcastic quips (and the rare times I've really liked Jotaro are when it feels like he's being sarcastic).

It also feels like the potential for Stands is underused. Maybe it gets better in later parts, but how about a Stand that looks like a robot, where each limb (inc. head and torso) can turn into a separate robot. The crazier Stands have generally been the better ones, and seem to be becoming more common (man the fight on the submarine was tense). This water stand seems cool, and all will be forgiven if there's eventually a stand that shoots bombs made out of ice cream but only while the user is riding a bicycle, or something even more outlandish.
    I'm not gonna spoil things but I will say, Stardust Crusaders was 100% Araki feeling things out. It gets better. More stands come by and they're far more elaborate and weird.

Again, not gonna spoil anything, but what you've described could almost be a stand. God bless White Album.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not gonna spoil things but I will say, Stardust Crusaders was 100% Araki feeling things out. It gets better. More stands come by and they're far more elaborate and weird.

Again, not gonna spoil anything, but what you've described could almost be a stand. God bless White Album.
    Heh, White Album? Wait 'till the Disney References with Bohemian Rhapsody

"**** if I know."

26. - Top - End - #236

SwashbucklerGuy

As straightforward a concept as it is, Silver Chariot is still one of my favourite Stands in the series. Of course, that's greatly helped by the fact that Polnareff only loses out to Joseph as my favourite Part 3 character.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Firbolg in the Playground

Me and my friends always say that Polnareff is that guy who make a character built around critical damage and sneak attacks, only to find out that the whole campaign is about constructs and undeads.
    Last edited by Fri; 2016-11-01 at 01:21 AM.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

28. - Top - End - #238

Quote Originally Posted by Fri View Post
    Me and my friends always say that Polnareff is that guy who make a character built around critical damage and sneak attacks, only to find out that the whole campaign is about constructs and undeads.
    And in the end he makes it work, too. Doesn't matter if he only really had two real good hits in, those hits mattered.

Jean Pierre Polnareff, the greatest frenchmen to ever live.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

The story of Stardust Crusaders seems boring because before it, there was absolutely nothing Araki could use as a guideline. It's the very first manga that's about "actually semi-intellectual superpower fighting". Araki had to fiddle his fingers about in the darkness for some time before he got a good grasp of how to create them right.

You'll definitely realize that the abilities of the protagonists in Part 4 and 5 are much more tricky and versatile, as well as fun to watch. And if you liked Joseph, chances are you'll like Josuke too, because the two are very similar to each other.
    Spoiler: Avatar
    Show

^ Fantastic avatar made by Professor Gnoll. Yaya Tokaz, from the manga "Kukul and Nagi". ^
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Malifice View Post
    Only on a DnD forum would discussing the methods for jamming a T-Rex into a 10x10x10 box be a thing.
    Extended Signature: Homebrew Stuff
    Unlimited Blade Works: The Guide to the Ultimate Paladin/Sorcerer Multiclass

30. - Top - End - #240

Quote Originally Posted by Gastronomie View Post
    The story of Stardust Crusaders seems boring because before it, there was absolutely nothing Araki could use as a guideline. It's the very first manga that's about "actually semi-intellectual superpower fighting". Araki had to fiddle his fingers about in the darkness for some time before he got a good grasp of how to create them right.

You'll definitely realize that the abilities of the protagonists in Part 4 and 5 are much more tricky and versatile, as well as fun to watch. And if you liked Joseph, chances are you'll like Josuke too, because the two are very similar to each other.
    This is also very true. Jojo is one of those series where the cliches you see in it are cliches because it exists in the first place.

How man series had a villain go "I, NAME HERE" as a way of talking about themselves before this series, and notedly how many had so AFTER we got "I, DIO!"
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-11-01 at 02:50 AM.