1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Default Erfworld 65, Page 59

This is a really good forum.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Erfwold 65, Page 59

Heh. Looks like the 'empty hex' theory was right after all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 65, Page 59

And the center hex is.... EMPTY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by normalphil View Post
    This is a really good forum.
    No coments
    "Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck." Portal A. I.

Arena Characters(W-L): (DQs not added)
    Spoiler
    Show

Medals (D&D and otherwise
    Spoiler
    Show

My games

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Erfworld 65, Page 59

Looks like Ansom got played the fool. His column's in for some pain, and I wouldn't be too surprised if there was an attack on his strike force as well.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Even if we pretty much all expected that to happen, I still feel bad for Ansom and Vinny...on the bright side, even if all the dragon attack them next turn, it doesnt look like they'll be able to beat them. I mean Ansom is stronger then a dragon and I'm sure Vinny and the wood elf leader are too! But that also mean they are gonna lose all their siege units.
    Last edited by Querzis; 2007-06-30 at 07:22 PM.
    In memory of lord Shojo

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

now you know... and knowing is half the battle.

new game: guess the tools reaction!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aw, those poor dwags went down fast once Ansom sent in more than just a stack at a time. Understandable why Rob and Jamie would want to speed things up, though. I'm glad, since here I was expecting that it wouldn't be until next page that we found out what was in the center hex.

As semi-expected, it's empty. Sucks for Ansom! But at least Vinnie was smart enough to send a bat first. That saved a crucial two forest movement hexes that might just give Ansom enough movement to get out of there before the swarm of dwags get their revenge!

Edit: Bwahaha, the elves said "fW00t!" Looks like Stanley's side isn't the only side with l33tspeak.
    Last edited by TiamatRoar; 2007-06-30 at 07:23 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Xenon View Post

new game: guess the tools reaction!
    Tool: Parson you boop!! How could you lose three dwagons? Do you know how long it takes to tame one?
    "Please note, we have added a consequence for failure.Any contact with the chamber floor will result in an unsatisfactory mark on your official test record, followed by death. Good luck." Portal A. I.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

9. - Top - End - #9

Nice humor on this page, especially from the elves.

And the forum analysts are proven correct.
    Veryn's Sliver, by Talfrey:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

I imagine the Tool knows what's going on. He should be able to clearly see where the 19 dwagons are and thus know what that means for Ansom's side. He can't be that stupid.

Vinnie exclaimed "Titan's testes!" As if that guy didn't need more reason to be one of my favorite characters.
    Last edited by TiamatRoar; 2007-06-30 at 07:26 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

They can say testes but not BOOP?
    Spoiler: PbP Games
    Show

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

biggrin Re: Erfworld 65, Page 59

Most believed that the center was empty but what will happen next? Will Parsons go for the rest of the siege while Ansom and friends are moved away or will there be a pile on Ansom. Personally I think that Parsons will hit the remaining siege. I think the casualties for taking on Ansom and his forest brigade would be to high of a price and might not work out in his favor, while the siege is left open for another bombardment. It's just my thoughts.....

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Planetar

What will be the set of the next installment? I am hoping for some exposition from Parson to the Tool.

Maybe Wanda's reaction.

14. - Top - End - #14

So far 3 different threads about this page :P

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

Alright, mystery solved! Good job everyone who called empty hex.

Also, Ka-Brain was hilarious!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, that was a change. I didn't expect them to NOT take the bait and send in a bat. Now what?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Ansom should either run or try and take out as many dwagons as he can before Parson's turn (i.e. start working his way around the circle). I assume the other Dwagons are heading closer to the castle, since I can vaguely remember that that was the original plan. At this point, the ring of Dwagons will converge on Ansom, while the other group of Dwagons will wipe out the rest of the seige. One thing to keep in mind about this game... the Arkenpliers are only one tool from the gods. Stanly is going to want all of the rest of the Arkentools.

One thing that has been bugging me.. earlier it was hinted at that Zamussels is Royalty. Could it be that she's hiding something from Ansom?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by scotty new View Post
    Will Parsons go for the rest of the siege while Ansom and friends are moved away or will there be a pile on Ansom. Personally I think that Parsons will hit the remaining siege. I think the casualties for taking on Ansom and his forest brigade would be to high of a price and might not work out in his favor, while the siege is left open for another bombardment. It's just my thoughts.....
    If he takes out the forest brigade now, Ansom will have nothing left to attack the dragons when they're in those forest squares. It will become an impregnable fortress that dragons can rest and heal up, and then strike from. Even Gobwin Knob can't offer that kind of security.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ErikZ View Post
    If he takes out the forest brigade now, Ansom will have nothing left to attack the dragons when they're in those forest squares. It will become an impregnable fortress that dragons can rest and heal up, and then strike from. Even Gobwin Knob can't offer that kind of security.
    You forgot about the fliers. Parson can't keep this up because there's a friggin' huge fleet of gwiffons, orlies, and unipegators with Archons and Jillian at the helm coming back within a turn.

Also, judging by Ansom's tactical map, there might not be as much forest up ahead if the army presses on (which they'll be able to do faster once all their slow moving siege is destroyed)
    Last edited by TiamatRoar; 2007-06-30 at 08:06 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

Great comic as always. Now the only question is how much move to the units have left. The fewer they have the more booped they are. As always Vinnie is thinking ahead enough to send in a single bat to find out the opposition's strength.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

Those poor, poor dwagons.

Sniffle.

22. - Top - End - #22

OldWizardGuy

I wonder if Ansom and crew instituted any protections for their siege towers other than this assault.

Because if they didn't bother, assuming that the assault would be an appropriate counter, then the towers are just as vulnerable - even more so - than before. And Ansom is now isolated from the main line, with all of the forest-capable units with him...

Dun dun DUN!
    Alignments are objective. Right and wrong are not.
    Good: Will act to prevent harm to others even at personal cost.
    Evil: Will seek personal benefit even if it causes harm to others.
    Law: General, universal, and consistent trump specific, local, and inconsistent.
    Chaos: Specific, local, and inconsistent trump general, universal, and consistent.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think it's important to note that Vinny has fangs on both sides, upper and lower.

24. - Top - End - #24

Aha! Looking back at the last page, I see now that while the two gumps in the first panel are only maybe twice as tall as Tarfu, in the last panel the common woodsy elves are only coming up to the middle gump's thighs. They're tree high like Tolkien's ents.

Quote Originally Posted by Humnick View Post
    Ansom should either run or try and take out as many dwagons as he can before Parson's turn (i.e. start working his way around the circle). I assume the other Dwagons are heading closer to the castle, since I can vaguely remember that that was the original plan. At this point, the ring of Dwagons will converge on Ansom, while the other group of Dwagons will wipe out the rest of the seige.
    I've been thinking about the vulnerability of the remaining hexes of B dwagons. Ansom pulled together as much force as could reach that center hex, maybe even more (possibly bringing some that could only help with breaking the weak hex). I'm guessing that the most that they could do would be to squash one of the adjacent hexes of four before they would have to leave too much of their forces behind to safely continue.

I'm really curious about what Ansom is going to tell Jillian to do. Protect him? Protect herself? Or, protect the siege engines?
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by TiamatRoar View Post
    You forgot about the fliers. Parson can't keep this up because there's a friggin' huge fleet of gwiffons, orlies, and unipegators with Archons and Jillian at the helm coming back within a turn.
    Piff, if I remember a few dwagons booped several orlies when Jillian was captured, so I don't think they are much of a threat

Quote Originally Posted by TiamatRoar View Post
    Also, judging by Ansom's tactical map, there might not be as much forest up ahead if the army presses on (which they'll be able to do faster once all their slow moving siege is destroyed)
    IF Parson destroy all the siege he willl have won half the battle, without the siege units the only way to invade is to use the tunnels and I think someone mentioned that Stanley troops can easily hold these.

Not to mention that the dwagons can rest in the city and fight again, just like they are doing in the forest

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

My games

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morbius View Post
    Piff, if I remember a few dwagons booped several orlies when Jillian was captured, so I don't think they are much of a threat
    The flier group is too powerful for the dwagons in a direct fight. Parson says as much in his klog. And there isn't much way to avoid a direct fight. Why are you making assumptions when Parson himself says that he planned on withdrawing to Gobwin Knob after the initial assault? Don't you think he has a better grasp of the exact nature and power of the units than you do? He's the one with the 3D shades, you know.

Last I checked, there was a crapload more than just orlies pictured in that panel with Ansom leading the fliers, you know. And using fliers to pick off dwagons wounded by archers wouldn't be very hard, especially given that they'd have far more mobility to punch through hexes to get to the creamy nugget in the center if Parson has to resort to an actual fort (which he likely eventually will, given that gwiffons have twice as much move for scouting as doombats do). Stanley's side isn't be the team with superior firepower here. I don't think Wanda would be making nearly as big a deal about being outnumbered if they at the very least had superior air power over Ansom's entire fleet.

IF Parson destroy all the siege he willl have won half the battle, without the siege units the only way to invade is to use the tunnels and I think someone mentioned that Stanley troops can easily hold these.

Not to mention that the dwagons can rest in the city and fight again, just like they are doing in the forest
    My retort wasn't about the destruction of the siege and their effect. It was about your post about how Parson would be able to continue to use the dwagons to lay waste to Ansom's army with impunity.
    Last edited by TiamatRoar; 2007-06-30 at 08:22 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Starts with a weak burst laughter. Slowly switches to full blown maniacal laughter.

I point out that others have guessed this situation. The striked out part was pointed out by others.
    Last edited by PsyBlade; 2007-06-30 at 08:30 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

PsyBlade, Ayna, and Baiyan by GryffonDurime

28. - Top - End - #28
    Magnificent Boop in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    I've been thinking about the vulnerability of the remaining hexes of B dwagons. Ansom pulled together as much force as could reach that center hex, maybe even more (possibly bringing some that could only help with breaking the weak hex). I'm guessing that the most that they could do would be to squash one of the adjacent hexes of four before they would have to leave too much of their forces behind to safely continue.
    It's hard to tell when we don't have much information about how much taking out the three dwagons cost them.

I'm really curious about what Ansom is going to tell Jillian to do. Protect him? Protect herself? Or, protect the siege engines?
    And there's also the question of whether she'll actually do it. She ignored his orders to avoid engagements on the recon flight, but accepted (albeit with obvious displeasure) the order to stay with the incursion group, so it could go either way.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humnick View Post
    One thing that has been bugging me.. earlier it was hinted at that Zamussels is Royalty. Could it be that she's hiding something from Ansom?
    Well, I'd say it was more stated than hinted at here: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0039.html. Also from this I would feel pretty safe in saying that she is hiding the fact that she is royal from ansom. However I would bet that the reason for that is somewhat complicated.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.
    (Stranded on the first layer of Baator seemed to work just fine )
    Spoiler
    Show

Check out the test to find out who you are!

What type of Fae are you?

Avatar by Dan Shive from El Goonish Shive.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Erfworld 65 Page 59

Whoo Hooo!

For the King Baby, too bad the Dwagons have left the building!