New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: New Freedom City: Shadows in Southside

Alyssa moved forward as the Hood collapsed. Whatever he'd just attempted clearly took a lot out of him. She nodded slowly as he elaborated, trying to picture the area he mentioned. Not great for a Sunday drive. She hovered a moment longer but he seemed to be catching his breath well enough.

Quiver Queen outlined what she'd noticed about the keys which, sadly, wasn't a huge amount and Marvelous was already looking under the dumpster. Alyssa drifted over to her. "Anything?" She asked, leaning down, just as the Hood seemed to trip on something small. Already straightening, Alyssa cursed her inability to move quickly as the vigilante fell.

2. - Top - End - #242

Zombie

‘Hood you alright?’ Marvelous asked after Hood had tripped, concern obvious in her tone. He had taken more out of himself tracking down Dice's place than she thought. She then quickly moved to Hood's side and kneeled to lend any help she could.

While supporting him she took a moment to get a good look at each of her compatriots. Tired, battered, bruised, bleeding and breathing hard. She flexed her own muscles and checked the bullet’s graze on her right arm. Nothing. No graze, not even a scar. Just smooth skin. She felt as well as she usually did, maybe just a bit hungry. Were they up to following the next lead?

'A business card in Dice's wallet is from the Lucky Liquor, I think it’s in the Fens. Possibly the same place Hood sensed.' Alana told the others what Hood's power had allowed her to find, before looking at each of them in turn.
    'But you all look a little worse for wear. Are you up to going to Mos Eis... the Fens tonight?'
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Spoiler: Current Games
    Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoop!

Of all the things Cyrus could have been thinking about as he made his way unceremoniously back to the ground, his mind had decided to focus on how much like a cartoon character he sounded. Really, he had to learn how to control the pitch of his voice when he was surprised.

Of course, when he landed, all he could think about was finding out who'd left so much glass in a plastic bag.

And then, of course, the fact that there was glass in his arms.

He slowly got himself up, picking out some decent-sized shards of glass from his skin.

His body armor protected his torso and hips, and his jeans had taken the brunt of the shredding, though he did have a few scratches on his legs. But his arms were fair game for most things, and it seemed they'd attracted a noteable amount of glass.

F**k, he muttered, more out of embarrassment and annoyance than pain. I'll be alright in a few... hours. Unless someone offers to let me snack on them? He's not entirely sure that he's joking. Or we can stop at a pharmacy and use my share of the money to get a first aid kit? Wonder how that'll go over?

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    DC 18 Fortitude:

(1d20+6)[10]

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedSorcererGirl

"Not my first night getting shot at. If something's wrong, I'll let you guys know. I'm good to go." Quiver Queen's cheer is about 80% genuine.

Kate's response to Cyrus's tumble is a noise somewhere between a yelp of alarm and a giggle that quickly fades when it's clear how bad the Hood's landing really was.

"Aw, hell. No healing arrows, sorry. The first aid thing would probably work. Doubt the clerk would even blink. It's Southside at night. You're not the first person to take a header onto a bottle in an alley. Probably wouldn't even be the first superhero to wander in and buy something."

"What would... snacking entail?"
    Quiver Queen was not short on emotion, but the idea of using it to fuel her new teammate was a bit daunting.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Jenny View Post
    "What would... snacking entail?"
    Physical contact that may or may not be painful, but will remain within professional, platonic bounds unless you'd prefer otherwise, a spot of wooziness, and a state of emotional disconnect that may last anywhere from seconds to hours depending on your level of mental fortitude. Also I've been known to pick up on things subconsciously and start saying stuff that hits all kinds of hot buttons.

He flinched as he pulled a piece of glass from his shoulder. It, and a few others, had gone a lot deeper than he'd thought. Sime of the wounds were even still bleeding, though hidden by his red hoodie.

But... I'm not even sure I can heal all of this in one go. Miiiight actually be better to call it a night.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2016-09-15 at 05:48 PM.

6. - Top - End - #246

Zombie

Marvelous unconsciously shook her head when Hood mentioned calling it a night.
    'If we don’t go tonight, whoever’s over there will learn about what happened to Dice, his shipment and his lackeys. They might get it in their heads to clear out of everywhere Dice his mitts on. '
    She shook her head again, this time because of her own pigheadedness, realising that she might be asking too much of the man and women she only just met.

'Vapor? Do you feel up to going to the Fens? If you are, and snacking on some emotions will get Hood fixed up enough to come along...' she hesitated for a moment before forging on
    ‘Emotion manipulation was the first thing I manifested, so I’m the logical one to offer up some emotions, not you Q. I have enough. Plus you’re already hurting and I probably have everybody here beat on the mental fortitude side of thing...’
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was reading Alana’s character sheet and found out she has Well Informed (p.141); fluffed to her constantly reading other people’s minds.
    So will be using that for anything she might know about the Lucky Liquor - Investigation - +8 – (1d20+8)[18]
    I will be on hiatus from november 25st until december 20th, posting will be sporadic to non-existent during that time.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

7. - Top - End - #247

With Marvelous helping the Hood to his feet, Alyssa came to a halt. She listened as he suggested 'snacking' on someone's emotions. The earlier comment about vampirism popped back into her head as she considered the vigilante. He'd done his best in the brawl - arguably contributing more than Alyssa herself - and, though capable of being incredibly intimidating, seemed genuine in his desire to go after the mob. Still... leeching from her psyche? Feeling somewhat cowardly, she was relieved when first Quiver Queen and then Marvelous seemed more willing to undergo whatever it was the Hood did. The psychic powers they were discussing seemed so far beyond her.

The Lucky Liquor in the Fens. There seemed to be a consensus that striking while the iron was hot would be the best approach. Alyssa took a moment to consider. She was still in one piece and, the Hood not withstanding, the others seemed capable of going. If they were able to get him patched up - conventionally or otherwise - then maybe the excursion would be worthwhile.

Slowly, she nodded at Marvelous' question. "I'm not one hundred percent but I agree, best keep whatever momentum we have going." She eyed the others, settling her gaze on the Hood. "So. How are we handling the, uh, first aid?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Your call. Finding a pharmacy or hospital is safer- both physically and in terms of identity and privacy- but if you're more concerned about getting where you're going fast...

He trails off, trying to appear nonchalant.

In truth, emotions just tasted better when they came from someone he knew. And while they weren't exactly friends, he could feel enough of an attachment brewing that any of them would taste better than some random stranger...

Then again, he's better off not thinking about how these women may or may not taste.

9. - Top - End - #249

Zombie

‘Allright.’ Marvelous said, starting to help Hood to his feet and supporting him if he needed it.
    ‘We find an all-night store where we can find medical supplies, and we’ll see if we can patch you up.’
    She looked at the others for agreement.
    ‘Any of you know one near here?’

‘Hopefully we can get you patched up enough that all you need is to suck on a mobsicle when we find another one. If we can’t patch you up the normal way, maybe I can try and either fix you using my abilities or you can drain some of my emotions to get the same done.’

She then started to lead Hood out of the alley.
    ‘We might want a vehicle as well.’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

10. - Top - End - #250

RedSorcererGirl

"Works for me. How legal do you want the vehicle?" It's said with Quiver Queen's usual irreverent cheer, so it takes a moment to sink in that's she's semi-serious.

"I mean, I'm trying to get away from all that, but we did just pass a parking lot, I can be back in five minutes. Or, I can try and call in a favor. Might take a little longer, might not work. Would not involve grand theft auto. I only ask because technically we've already committed that tonight."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyrus scoops up the dice before allowing Marvelous to help him up. Yeah, they were probably cursed, but Dice's aura was all over them. They could come in handy.

Thanks for the assist Marv, but I'd rather you didn't contextualize my powers as sucking. At least... not in relation to guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Jenny View Post
    "Works for me. How legal do you want the vehicle?" It's said with Quiver Queen's usual irreverent cheer, so it takes a moment to sink in that's she's semi-serious.

"I mean, I'm trying to get away from all that, but we did just pass a parking lot, I can be back in five minutes. Or, I can try and call in a favor. Might take a little longer, might not work. Would not involve grand theft auto. I only ask because technically we've already committed that tonight."

As much as I'd rather not commit any more crimes tonight, either, we are in sort of a time-sensitive situation. But again, that's probably the Wizard's call.
    He tilts his head to indicate Marvelous.
    I'm just the Ranger. With a few Bard levels. And a Fighter dip? Probably for the Bonus Feats.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2016-09-19 at 07:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Zombie

'Yea, I've heard your singing voice, is Sopranist somekind of specialty Bard class?' Marvelous grinned at Hood. She was glad they had started jibing and joking again, it was a sign that their hurts weren't too bad. There was a chance they could get it together and get more information.
    'I'll gladly take anything that criminals have and use it against them, but my vote goes to staying far away from taking things that are not ours..'
    She made sure to emphasize that the descission was most definitely not up to her, but up to everybody.
    'Wait, wasn't Her Majesty the Wizard? And aren't Rangers the ones that use a bow?'

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

13. - Top - End - #253

Alyssa frowned at some of the suggestions the others made. "We can't just steal someone's car! I'm in this to take down the mob," she said firmly, "not make some random civilian the victim of a crime." She looked around the group. Internally, she quashed the voice that reminded her of a certain break-in of her own earlier. It was a bit hypocritical but they didn't need to know about that - she hoped Marvelous wasn't listening...

Her anger died down a little. She had to concede that they needed some way of getting around. "Alright. Get the Hood patched up and head for the Fens," she said, ignoring the banter. She eyed Quiver Queen. "What's your other, legal, plan?" Then glanced from Marvelous to the Hood and back again. "Or can either of you do... 'something' to make us less conspicuous?"
    Last edited by Silent_p; 2016-09-20 at 08:52 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254

RedSorcererGirl

"All right, it was just a suggestion." Quiver Queen doesn't seem that put out at being shot down. Breaking myself of bad habits! Grand theft apparently being pretty much the same as wasting money on overpriced coffee, or chewing your nails.

"Wizard? Oh yeah, I have to pick my 'spells', don't I? And I was only a Ranger long enough to pick up the right feats. I'm mostly an Arcane Archer. It's a prestige class!"

Kate holds up a finger and pulls out her cell phone in response to Vapor's question. "Uh, a friend from the old days who gave no-questions-asked rides to the costumed set. Before we get carried away, let me see if he's still kicking."

"Tommy? Hey, it's Quiver Queen. Yeah, I know. No. The other side, actually. Long story. Yes, really. Oh, don't start the 'you woke me up' act, you work the graveyard shift, that's why I called you. No, just a ride. It's in the shop? For how long, and why didn't you say that off the bat? They didn't give you a replacement? All right, all right, I get it."

"Look after yourself, buddy. Ehhh. Yeah, it's good to be back, but I'm getting shot at a little too much for that. Hey, uh, steer clear of the Fens for a bit, yeah? I don't know if anything's going to go down, but drown your sorrows on the other side of the river tonight? Gotcha. Bye!"

Kate sighed theatrically as she put the phone back in its pouch. "So much for that, my reliable ride is out of commission for a few days. We could always call a normal cab? Heh."

Show
    Rolled in the OOC, failed, because the dice roller hates everything.

15. - Top - End - #255

Zombie

‘Sorry, my talents don’t lie in the mind changing area.’ She answered Vapor
    ‘Or at least I’ve never tried it. I could probably do it. At least I think I could figure out how to do it in any case, but I always felt like it would be a very slippery slope.

Mindreading, telepathic communications, upping or downing emotions... Sure, why not. But actually changing a person’s thoughts? In essence, changing a person’s personality... Could you ever trust anybody that could do that kind of thing? How would you even know if you actually liked that person, or even trusted that person? I know I wouldn’t.’

‘I know it’s hard enough for people who know that I could take a stroll through their deepest darkest secrets without them even knowing, or could make them adore me and hate their true love with a thought to trust that I just won’t do that. I don’t want to complicate that even further by learning to remove or change memories.’
    She shook her head to emphasise her point. She’d given if a fair amount of thought when she was planning on how to attack the mob. Taking their members and turning them into her loyal moles to slowly take control of the entire crime syndicate before destroying it had been one of the ideas she had toyed with before rejecting it. When she had thought it through it had sickened her, because she knew that power like that would change who she was. Power corrupts.

‘I never played tabletops.’ Marvelous confessed after Quiver Queen had finished her phone call.
    ‘Most of what I know is what I picked up from bad movies and that cartoon.’

‘I should have brought my car. Or at least parked it close to where I would be looking around.’ She then said before she gave it a second thought and realised how stupid that idea was.
    ‘That.. is a stupid idea.’ She voiced her thoughts and sighing
    ‘So it’s either a cab or taking the bus. Anybody got a phone with which they can phone a cab company with without it tracing back to their civilian identities?’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

16. - Top - End - #256

Alyssa nodded as Marvelous finished. "I'm not sure precisely what I was asking for," she admitted, "but I appreciate that such violations would be over the line." Strangely, she'd never considered that Marvelous might manipulate her mind in that way... only read it. Looking at the woman, she decided that she'd need to place some trust in her. The emphatic response made that a little easier.

Alyssa listened quietly to Quiver Queen's side of the phone call as the woman tried to secure a ride for the group. She came up empty-handed. Alyssa was vaguely disappointed but not entirely surprised. It certainly would have been nice to have such a transport option at their disposal but ensuring continued, discrete availability of that would have been too much to expect, mechanically or otherwise.

Looking back at Marvelous and glancing at the Hood. "You suggested some slight emotional manipulation... If we were to get a cab, would you be willing to 'suppress' the driver's curiosity?" She held up a hand to forestall any immediate response. "Again, I realise it's a fine line but we could do without too much scrutiny, where possible."

17. - Top - End - #257

Zombie

‘That... might actually work.’ Marvelous replied to Vapor’s suggestion.
    ‘Never tried to curb something like curiosity... But I’ve done excitement and yearning before and they’re probably similar... Great idea.’

‘Now all we need is a cab. Hood, didn’t you take that driver wannabe’s cellphone?’
    Spoiler
    Show
    I needed to google to check that curiosity could be classified as an emotion, great idea! Now can somebody phone a cab?
    Last edited by Chivy; 2016-09-22 at 03:16 PM.

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ettin in the Playground

Cyrus suddenly starts. He'd somehow managed to zone out of the conversation for a bit, but with Marvelous's focus on him
    Uh... I actually might know a guy. We used to run around and do all sorts of mutant... odd job... stuff. It was, like, at least 70% legit. He pulls out his phone and dials.

Yo, Specs! What's good? It's Crow's Nest. Yeah, long time. We should catch up sometime, but right now we gotta talk business. Remember the Sparkle Fiasco six years back? Yeah, I gotta call in that favor. Wh- Well, I do need to snack up a little, but this is more important. I need a car. To go to the Fens withe three capes and no guarantee that you'll get the car back. That's why I'm calling in the Sparkle Favor. Yeah, them's the breaks. We're at... He gives Specs the cross street, and after what's presumably some kind of war of insults, he hangs up.
    I guess I am the Bard, after all. We've got a car. He... might want autographs, though.

19. - Top - End - #259

Alyssa was pleased that Marvelous thought her suggestion was feasible. "We could be going to a fancy-dress party or some such," she said, shrugging. The value of having others to assist her was becoming increasingly apparent - she'd never have found Dice's body on her own, nor would she have survived the chaos at the construction site. Learning to work together would take time but it was important to establish personal and group boundaries.

The Hood's contact somehow seemed less legit than Quiver Queen's but that may have just been down to his vagueness. Either way, he managed to secure a ride. Alyssa eyed him once he'd finished his call. "Is this the sort of assistance we can rely on in the future? Or a one-time deal?" She glanced at Quiver Queen. "Or what about your contact? Assuming repairs are complete."

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    "Is this the sort of assistance we can rely on in the future? Or a one-time deal?" She glanced at Quiver Queen. "Or what about your contact? Assuming repairs are complete."
    Cyrus noted her suspicion, but didn't exactly voice it.
    I've been sitting on this particular favor since I was in my late-ish teens. Not sure if I have anything else that big to cash in. At least not with Specs. But I did a lot of contract work with various street organizations.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

After a while of talking within the group Cyrus' phone rings, on answering he hears Spec's voice, "Okay I'm pulling up to... where are... oh never mind I see you... oh and he~llo ladies... don't tell them I said that," he says right as you see the car, nothing fancy but at least it looks to be in good shape. Dressed in a rain coat is Specs, stepping out of the driver's seat, the only remarkable feature about him is that his eyes look glassier than average, "Okay I brought the car and now..." Specs is cut off when he sees the body, "What the %@$& did you get yourself into now!?" but before anyone can respond, "Wait wait... no... deal was I didn't ask questions, and I'm not sure I wanna know."

After initial exchanges are done he walks the group over to the car, "She'll get you from point A to point B just fine, I just hope whatever you're involved in doesn't involve some big action movie chase scene or something," He then looks at Quiver Queen, "Hey you're that bow lady right? Quiver Queen? I like a lady who can stick it to the man! Can I get an autograph?" He asks, pulling out a notepad and a pen and passing to you once you're in the car.

Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    You Guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal - HP: 1
    • Vapor - hindered - HP: 0
    • The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - fatigued - HP: 0

22. - Top - End - #262

Zombie

‘I’m afraid I can’t pitch in in the shady contact department.’ Marvelous said ‘Haven’t been in this long enough to have any contacts that could help out. You three are the only ones I know in the know.’

‘Guess I’ll need to get a phone for this business so you can call me when one of you needs a favour.’

‘When I need one, I’ll be the voice in your head nagging you to do things. Or at least one of them.’
    She laughed as she looked at her companions, imagining the thoughts that must be going through their heads and in what kind of activities they would be occupied when she came calling.

After Hood’s contact dropped off the car, she helped Hood into it before taking the driver’s seat herself. Then familiarized herself with the car while the rest got in. She then waited for the contact to finish fishing for autographs and leave them alone before she said
    ‘Pharmacy first, then the Fens. Unless one of you has another place you have to go before we head out?’

‘So any one of you know a pharmacy in the area?’

Spoiler
    Show
    Eidetic Memory roll for all night pharmacy knowledge in Southside – (1d20+4)[19]

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

23. - Top - End - #263

RedSorcererGirl

Kate shrugged at Vapor's question. "I know I made it sound like Evil Taxi Corp, but it's a favor from a friend, not a service. I'll keep him in my back pocket, but it's not something to rely on."

Quiver Queen giggled at Marvelous's method of checking in. "Oh no, not another voice telling me to 'do the right thing'. I've already got a bunch of those. I thought they'd go away if I finally started listening to them."

Sliding into the car, she slipped her bow and quiver off, standing them between her knees as she sat down. "Yes, yes I am, and yes you may." Smiling at Specs' recognition, Kate took the pen and paper and signed a great loopy, flamboyant autograph with the practice and joy of a Disneyland character, dotting the "i" in Quiver with a little crown.

"Nah, let's get Hood patched up first. There's a place that should be on the way, Free Drugs. No, I don't know what possessed them to call it that, they get robbed a lot."

Show
    Expertise: Streetwise to know about the pharmacy: [roll]1d20+6
    Last edited by Red_Jenny; 2016-09-27 at 03:47 PM.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Maybe Free is a surname? He shrugs and curls up against the door in the back seat. I'm gonna see if I can take a little power-nap. Wake me up if we're getting robbed. Or at the very least make sure they don't slit my throat.

25. - Top - End - #265

Zombie

'I need to eat more fruit and Marvelous is great, I should get her a cappuccino.' Marvelous said in a horrible imitation of Quiver Queen’s voice, then also degraded into giggling.

'I know the place, or at least someone I checked knew it. Everybody ready?' She said when Quiver Queen mentioned Free Drugs. She made sure that Vapor was also in the car before she started the car and drove towards the pharmacy.
    ‘Speaking of which; Dice owned the Lucky Liquor and the person who remembered that was pretty sure he was into illegal things. So we might find his books, contacts or whatever in there.’ She then shrugged apologetically
    'Sorry that I didn’t think of that sooner. Never forgetting anything and mindreading means that I remember an awful lot about an awful lot.'

‘I’ll remember Evil Taxi Corp though. The idea isn’t bad, a taxi service for capes, no questions asked. Probably make a pretty penny with something like that.’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

26. - Top - End - #266

As both the Hood and Quiver Queen outlined the once-off nature of their favours, Alyssa considered the issue. If they were to continue working together like this, they would need some kind of reliable transportation. Her own method of locomotion was of limited use to the others and, truth be told, neither fast nor effective for longer journeys. "Alright. In that case, I appreciate both of you being willing to call them in tonight."

Alyssa was ready to swear the Hood's contact to silence when he'd spotted the body but the man was quick to distance himself from their activities. She couldn't help but eye him up, though, wondering how genuine that intentional disinterest was. Still, it seemed the Hood was willing to trust him this far, so she resolved to extend that much to the man too.

The others were getting into the car and continuing their usual banter. The idea of Marvelous contacting them at random wasn't terribly appealing but, despite the jokes, the woman seemed sincere and little actual harm was likely to occur. Alyssa stayed quiet and settled herself into the back seat, across from where the Hood was resting. Their first stop was a pharmacy and, frankly, getting some painkillers for herself wouldn't hurt either. Painkillers, hurt. It was silly but Alyssa still turned her masked head to look away, out the window, as the car moved off. She tried not to smile at her daft pun.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Score!" exclaims Specs, clearly pleased. He looks towards Hood just before the group drives off, "Alright, with this we're FINALLY square! Don't know how long you need her for but whenever you bring her back please let it be in one piece!" with that endorsement the vigilantes take their new ride off into the night!

Issue #2 - Wanted

The first stop for the group is Free Drugs! It is pretty late into the night by now so there doesn't seem to be a lot of people from a quick look through the glass door. An accurate assessment, as whosoever of the group that heads inside will find that there's only a really sleepy cashier at the counter who waiting on this little old lady with a walker who FINALLY makes it to the counter, neither one seems to pay any particular amount of attention to you. It's no trouble to find a first-aid kit that the Hood can use, but now comes the annoying part, being stuck behind the little old lady, and from the looks of that piece of paper in her hand she has a LOOOOONG list.

"Eh... the first one was in a... red bottle I think...?"

Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    You Guys' Status
    • Marvelous - Normal - HP: 1
    • Vapor - hindered - HP: 0
    • The Hood - Fatigued, hindered, impaired - HP: 1
    • Quiver Queen - fatigued - HP: 0

28. - Top - End - #268

Zombie

‘Buckle up.’ Marvelous reminded the others before she drove off. She then proved that she could give a smooth ride (when there weren’t two criminals tied up in the trunk and she wasn’t trying to hit every speed bump and pothole on the way). She tuned the radio to a random alternative rock station with a song on she liked, she then looked around at the rest and shrugged.
    ‘Fits with the mood of the evening.’
    She then started humming and before long singing along with Linkin Park’s In the End. Her singing voice turned out to be pretty good.

She reversed into a parking spot across from the pharmacy, positioning the car so it could peel away with a moment’s notice.
    ‘So Hood’s wounded, I’m the getaway driver and don’t have any cash on me. So if one, or both, of you gallant ladies would embark on the quest to secure medical supplies for our manly man here...’
    She grinned at them, then when one started to get out of the car she said
    ‘Owh, I never followed a first aid course, so if neither of you know how to plug a hole, see if there’s something with an instruction manual. And if you can find something with sugar in it for me? Healing costs energy and my body has had to patch quite a bit.’

Show

NONE!!!! ARRGHGHHHHH!!!

Discord Tag #9908

29. - Top - End - #269

RedSorcererGirl

Quiver Queen entered the store in full costume, complete with gear, as if it were the most natural thing in the world, and poked through the first aid kits, eventually picking out one that looked similar to the one behind the counter at her shop. "So, Vapor, you know anything about first aid? This one has a lot of stuff, but I'm better at making holes than fixing them."

Kate wandered over to a display and with more care than was probably necessary, picked out a half-dozen candy bars for Marvelous, because there's no kill like overkill, then pulled out enough of her mobster wallet reward to pay for the kit, walked forward, and...

Knelt gently next to the old lady. "Ma'm? That looks like quite the list there. Would you like a hand getting everything sorted out?" Came Kate-the-florist's kindest, most pleasant, most genuine helping-the-customer voice. She came into it from an odd direction, but the former villain knew quite a bit about chemistry, and while her knowledge of drugs ran mostly to what nefarious things they could be combined into, that included names and dosages and what they were for - in other words, enough to be a passable pharmacy technician.

Show
    Kind of an irregular check, but with GM permission, Expertise: Science to assist the old lady with getting her medications. (1d20+9)[28]

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ettin in the Playground

I took a first aid course at the School of Hard Knocks. I can walk them through binding a wound if i have to.