New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VII

The Bloody Crown - Continued

In that dread desert, beneath the moon’s pale gaze, dead men walk.

They haunt the shifting dunes of the breathless, windless night, brandishing weapons of bronze in mocking challenge and bitter resentment of the life they no longer possess.

And sometimes, in ghastly dry voices, like the rustling of sun-baked reeds, they whisper the one word they remember from life. The name of the one who cursed them to their existence of more than death but less than life.

They whisper the name, Nagash.

OOC

1st Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Rhadegund and Bertelis had few enough possessions that getting ready took them less than the twenty minutes Adelbert had given them. Brief worries passed through his head of whether they had enough food, or how many of them Bella could carry - but these were things to find out on the journey.

Before they could actually get underway, something dropped out of the sky and bounced off Adelbert's head. Stooping down to pick it up, he saw it was a roll of parchment. An avian squawk overhead alerted him to the presence of Elsa's raven, which circled once before landing on the roof of the chapel.

Unrolling the parchment, he read what was written there.

Quote Originally Posted by Letter
    Adelbert,

Did you feel it?

You must have. You seemed to have picked up some magical ability that you persist in attributing to the gods. In case you did not feel it, like our useless Myrmidian - tonight I had a vision of a pyramid in the wastelands, a pit of blood, a bestial howl, and fangs. This was no ordinary dream. There was a great ripple of dark magic in the Aethyr. It started somewhere west of Mannan's Keep; where Klammenberg was headed. My best guess is a powerful ritual.

A doubt is gnawing on my mind: did Klammenberg read the Mad Duke's book after the secret library was reopened? Was this the one thing he needed for his designs?

I cannot investigate in Savonne, but I will try to convince the Captain to let me lead a party to Rivermouth. I want to know who was the boy that Klammenberg took with him.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VII

OOC: Reposting this here because my last post was at the end of the second-to-last page of the last thread, easy to miss.

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    Frustrated with her lack of headway with the servants (Can't they treat me like a fellow human being? she wondered), Elsa walked into town and went looking for Sieghard, Ludo and Viggo. Once she found them, she told them the details of her vision; the pyramid, the flood of blood, the howl, and all the rest.

"I think Klammenberg went to the Red Pyramid and did a ritual there," she said. "The jar he took in Ravenskird must have been something he needed for this. The boy must have played a part, as well..."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    The three of them were overseeing The Thorns' target practice when she found them. Sieghard listened to the tale expressionless.

"Elsa, I know you're shaken up, but it was just a bad dream. A lot of people have them on a night like that, how can you be sure it's anything more? Hell, mine had me cut down by that red haired bastard who serves the Jarl and that bird of yours pecking out my eyes. Doesn't mean it actually happened."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert read the message, expression growing grimmer by the moment. Well at least this confirmed he was not mad. He looked at the raven thoughtfully, then turned to his initiates: "Rhadegund please fetch some bread and honey, Bertelis please see if we have any goats milk left over. I think our gallant messenger could do with food and drink. He's flown a long way."

Turning back to the black form on the chapel roof he cleared his throat and said: "I know you are you are clever Herr Raven," he said, feeling foolish about addressing a bird but going on with it. "Do you understand my words? If so, please caw twice."

Elsa obviously had some eldritch means of communicating with the creature but perhaps she had imparted a measure of Reikspiel to it.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Manaan's Keep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ludo shrugged. His own dreams had been of the city they had seen from the window of the library: A sense of being lost within it, empty streets and barred doors, and the creature that had torn him open flitting between the rooftops outside his vision. He had dearly hoped that he could have dismissed it, but instead... "I think Elsa is probably right. We don't know enough about magic for this."

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Elsa & Viggo

14th Vorhexen - On The Road

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "I value Sieghard's life more than Sforza's, that's for sure."
    Viggo trilled an excited little few notes on his flute, grinning impishly across the campfire, "Ah Love's young blush! We'll just have to hope that Sieghard and Sforza never force you to choose between them then eh?" His face turned serious, "I don't know how long Rock Face will be happy serving a man like Sforza though, can you say for sure Elsa?" He tapped the butt of his flute against his knee, "I mean, consorting with Greenskins, dealing in shade, having innocent lads flogged, those are the type of acts that would drive any decent man to...." He trailed off seemingly uninterested in finishing but his gaze suddenly held an intensity it had lacked moments before.

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

"Pah!" Obviously the worse for wear, the young man exclaimed a little louder than he had intended too, he lowered his somewhat slurred voice to a level that wouldn't be overheard. "We both know who it is Sieghard! Lets not dance about the pole like a moon brained girl at Mitterfruhl eh?" Viggo rested a hand on Sieghards shoulder, trying once more to look his friend in the eye, "Can't prove it yet though so don't you be worrying." Viggo squinted at his commander once more, "How far do we... trust.. a man that puts axes in greenskins fists, flogs innocent lads and deals in Shade though Sieghard. Maybe that should be the real question eh?!"

1st Nachexen

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show

For some reason Viggo looked wholly unhappy and grim faced that morning, unusually for the young man he had the scent of booze. Elsa had been a veteran drinker long enough to know a man in the depths of a particularly mean hangover when she saw one.

"Fire when we say fire you bloody goats arse!" Viggo yelled at a Thorn, his voice had more than a passing resemblance to Sieghards'. he turned to Elsa his eyes red rimmed and dour looking, "It's not unusual is it? I once dreamed I was a lobster." He waved his hands in her face to show that he had them instead of claws. Despite his glib response, Viggo stopped to listen further. His own dreams had been haunted more than once since their trip to the Lost Library, even then intervening months had done little to rid him of the night terrors.
    Last edited by Northern Lad; 2016-07-01 at 01:53 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    The raven just stared at Adelbert with its beady black eyes. Then, spotting some interesting insect or the head of a particularly shiny nail, it began pecking at the roof.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa and Viggo on the road

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Lad View Post
    "Ah Love's young blush! We'll just have to hope that Sieghard and Sforza never force you to choose between them then eh?" His face turned serious, "I don't know how long Rock Face will be happy serving a man like Sforza though, can you say for sure Elsa?" He tapped the butt of his flute against his knee, "I mean, consorting with Greenskins, dealing in shade, having innocent lads flogged, those are the type of acts that would drive any decent man to...." He trailed off seemingly uninterested in finishing but his gaze suddenly held an intensity it had lacked moments before.
    Elsa's eyes narrowed. "I don't know what you're implying," she said in a low, icy voice. "Sieghard's loyal. He and I both know our future is here. Don't make me wonder if I should worry about you."

She paused. "Besides, there's no proof Sforza has anything to do with the shade." She noticeably denied nothing about the Greenskins.

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard's condescension earned him a glare. "Do you think I'm a child?" Elsa snapped. "Will you offer to check if there's a monster under my f*cking bed? You know nothing of wizard sight. You've never experienced anything close to it. I'm familiar with plain old nightmares, you know... I'm sure I have just as many as you do."

She took a deep breath and forced herself to calm down. Last night had left her rattled and short on sleep, and she was even crankier than usual in the morning. "In any case, I sent Morrslieb to Adelbert with a message... If he had a vision similar to mine, we'll know soon enough."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-06-29 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard was silent for a moment. "You're not honestly suggesting the captain has anything to do with that, are you Viggo? It makes no sense. He'd be far more interested in Savonne holding as long as possible against the siege, not worsening things within the walls by getting the defenders hooked on Crimson Shade." He took another drink. "Groz was who I was thinking. Alvarr is comfortable where he is and Rorik isn't smart enough, but if Groz could cause problems in the city and make himself look like the solution... Well, it weakens the other two and makes his own position all the stronger."

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well, if you're going to act like one," Sieghard grumbled bitterly.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Adelbert
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, so much for that idea...

While the iniaties laid out food and milk for the bird Adelbert hurried inside and scribbled a note on a piece of parchment.

Elsa,

Had the same dream, was just leaving for Savonne to talk to the priests when your pet arrived. Do you think I should still go there, or is time so critical we have to mount an expedition at once? Send back reply as soon possible so I know which way to ride.

Adelbert

P.S. My friend Lena wrote me to say the book in the castle library was destroyed in the presence of Vengist.
    Emerging from the chapel he waved the slip of parchment to the raven. "To Elsa." Presumably the wizardess had directed him to return with a reply!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    The raven flew down from its perch to greedily consume the good Rhadegund and Bertelis laid out for it. When Adelbert re-emerged with his letter, the bird seemed supremely disinterested, still pecking away at the crumbs and occasionally looking up as if implying it might like some more. Finally, when Adelbert felt like he might never make it understand, it alarmed him by flapping up onto his shoulder, grabbing the scrap of parchment in its beak, and flying away up over the treetops.
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-06-29 at 05:29 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert watched the raven fly away, expression rather wistful. "Marvellous creatures birds. Any number of legends about them of course..." He momentarily thought back to his fascinating if, alas, brief conversation with Cacophrax and decided against telling his initiates about that just yet.

"Well, marvellous but rude. I am afraid we'll have to delay our journey until the wizardess of Mannan's Keep sends her reply to us. Rhadegund, Bertelis follow me back into the shrine. Time for today's Reikspiel lesson..."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a little over an hour before Morrslieb returned, a new scrap of parchment held in his beak. Landing heavily on Elsa's shoulder, he dropped it into her hand with a squawk, then started preening his feathers.

Spoiler: Letter
    Show
    Elsa,

Had the same dream, was just leaving for Savonne to talk to the priests when your pet arrived. Do you think I should still go there, or is time so critical we have to mount an expedition at once? Send back reply as soon possible so I know which way to ride.

Adelbert

P.S. My friend Lena wrote me to say the book in the castle library was destroyed in the presence of Vengist.
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-06-30 at 10:50 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa read the letter aloud for her friends' benefit.

"I think it's a good idea to ask questions in Savonne," she said, taking off a glove to stroke the raven's feather with two fingers, "but I'm skeptical about the book having been destroyed. Forkbeard seemed rather insincere about it. Anyway it's too late now. Klammenberg did what he set out to do."

She paused. "I think he freed Nahorek from his prison."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-06-30 at 06:33 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "That's on Schreiber then," Sieghard said, still thinking the whole thing seemed a bit ridiculous. "I doubt the lot of us could walk right back into that city even if we wanted to. He at least can use Father Hieronymus as an excuse to come and go."

"Have you told the captain yet? If you're so certain, he'd want to know."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-07-01 at 10:08 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16

Elsa & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo's eyebrows shot up is surprise, "You're questioning my loyalty?! After everything we've been through since meeting? Well let me clear that up for you Lady Holt," He held up three fingers and began counting them off, "In Corpsewatch, that ruin in the swamp and the bloody infernal library. Three times that I've put my life on the line for you and Rock Face. So in answer to your question you need not worry about my loyalty Elsa, I owe both you and Sieghard a lot. Sforza on the other hand?"

His cheeky grin returned, "I think you underestimate yourself though Elsa. That's how you see your future in the Reaches is it, serving rather than leading? Then how do you choose who to serve Elsa eh?"

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo snorted back another chuckle and shook his head in disbelief, "I'll tell you the same thing I told Elsa," he slurred, "I'm loyal to you Sieghard, not him. If you want me to stop looking into the Shade just ask me, but don't expect me to start believing this Groz nonsense." His voice lowered, "We're talking about a man that arms Orcs Sieghard, you really think that he'd draw a line at a bit of shade dealing?"

A question seemed to occur to the young man, "What gives a man the right to lord it over others Sieghard? Down here I mean? It's not just birth right like back in the Empire eh?"

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo had been leaning in Sieghards' direction of understanding, up until Elsa's crow bought word that Adelbert had suffered the same nightmare. If possible Viggo's features blanched even more, "What does that mean for us... and for the book Elsa? Isn't Nahorek a god? How can we hope to stand against that?"
    Last edited by Northern Lad; 2016-07-01 at 01:52 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard & Viggo (Hexensnacht)

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard gave Viggo a hard look. "Where is this coming from?" he asked. "You're starting to sound like Adelbert, blaming the man every time the wind blows, all over some stupid grudge. Some stupid grudge that only happened because the fool didn't know when to swallow his pride and keep his mouth shut, I'll add."

"Is he the one putting this nonsense in your head?"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-07-01 at 10:32 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo at least had the decency to blush at that, "You heard Adelbert yourself, when he last visited the Keep. He told us he knows exactly what the Capitano did and you and Elsa just stood there, not one of you batted an eyelid! When he first told me I threatened to punch him on the nose, but you and Elsa?" Viggo trailed off, taking another swig of his ale before shaking his head.

Sieghard knew Viggo well enough to spot a sulky expression when he saw one and that was exactly how the lad looked now. "That's another secret you kept from me eh? What did that great bloody orc say to you on that bridge eh Sieghard? You say you can't remember but I saw your face when I asked remember?" The question lost some of it's impact as he belched loudly to punctuate it.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "If I punched Schreiber every time he said something stupid and blamed Sforza for all the ills he's brought on himself, he'd have fled back to the Empire by now." Sieghard deadpanned. "I already know there's no convincing his stubborn ass, why waste the time arguing it? If he wants to chase shadows, that's his problem, not mine."

He took another drink. "And I already told you, he called us bastards. Probably mad we made him lose his axe."

Spoiler
    Show
    Getting a bit meta with the insistence Sieghard tells Viggo the truth about something Viggo wasn't even conscious to know about and Sieghard never mentioned, don't you think?

20. - Top - End - #20

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Guffawing loudly, ale sloshed as Viggo struggled not to empty his tankard into Sieghard's lap. "Mad as a box of frogs isn't he?! Proud as an Elector Count for no bloody good reason to boot!" An eye rolled as he continued, "Honest though, to a fault, I suppose you'd have to be serving the Lady of Justice an' all." Viggo shrugged it off as unimportant.

"Bastards!"
    Viggo's hand suddenly slapped down on the table and he had to hold up an apologetic hand and flash a friendly grin to those sat nearest them before lowering his voice to a normal level once more. "Imagine that! Talking like a human!" He shook his head in wonder, his gaze somewhat unfocused, "Wish I'd seen it with my own eye's," Viggo signalled for another ale, "Tell me how you took his axe again, I love that bit!"

OOC

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Charm Test for the story request modified as TheSummoner sees fit of course!

Charm Test:
    FEL 48 - (1d100)[41]
    Re-Roll - (1d100)[10]

Getting a bit meta with the insistence Sieghard tells Viggo the truth about something Viggo wasn't even conscious to know about and Sieghard never mentioned, don't you think?
    Ahhhh you'd think so wouldn't you, but I can assure you there is a very valid reason for the insistence and the method of asking... Which I obviously don't mind you knowing OOC, be warned though once / if you read it you'll be the one who has to struggle to not meta the rest of this!

Spoiler: Summoner Only
    Show

......As for Sieghard..." he considered. "Sieghard was there when the warboss died. He spoke to Sforza afterwards. If anyone knows anything, he does."

"You should talk to him. He trusts you. Get him drunk and get him telling old war stories, just to you. See if you can find out if there's anything he knows."
    This represents, Viggo's 2nd attempt, his suspicions were tweaked by Sieghards response to his first attempt, coupled with Sieghards reaction to Adelbert outing Sforza Viggo now suspects Sieghard knows full well the extent of Sforza's treachery and wants him to admit it!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa and Viggo on the road

Spoiler
    Show
    "I know you wouldn't betray us," said Elsa placatingly. "But don't you try to turn me against my employer. Adelbert has already tried that."

"I think you underestimate yourself though Elsa. That's how you see your future in the Reaches is it, serving rather than leading? Then how do you choose who to serve Elsa eh?"

Elsa scowled. "I serve the one who accepted my services," she replied. "He's also the one who's proved wise enough not to use the book... regardless of his other faults. I would trust no other lord with the book. Not Alvarr, not Groz, not Rorik. Would you?"

"As for becoming a leader... that doesn't happen without followers."

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "Have you told the captain yet? If you're so certain, he'd want to know."

"Last time I checked, he wasn't up yet," said Elsa. "I'll check again in a moment."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-01 at 01:59 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "This is the last time," Sieghard grumbled. "Have Ludo write the bloody story down if you want to hear it again."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard retells the story, but he doesn't say anything more than he's already said. He actually passed his consume alcohol test. Unlike some lightweights.

23. - Top - End - #23

Elsa & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo tapped the side of his head with his flute once more, using it to tip back the rim of his crimson cap. "I trust you with it Elsa, not him. I'm no fool, to try tell you what to do though, I'm no Schreiber, preaching all the bloody time!" his grin was still open as he continued, "As for followers.. it's your orders I follow," Viggo spread his arms wide and winked cheekily, "So you have me at the very least. My nans best apron says you've got Sieghard too and that means you have the Thorns."

He played a few more notes before resting the flute across his knees, locking eyes with Elsa across the campfire once more, "I choose to follow you Elsa because I've seen what you are capable of, I've seen you lead folk out of impossible situations and struggle to save the lives of those you command. For a Lady you swear like a guttersnipe and drink like a sailor, but if you asked me to, I'd ride right back into another impossible fray at your side... Because I trust you, I know you have honour, I know you would not have done... what he did."

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Throughout the course of Sieghards retelling they had drunk yet another ale, it wasn't clear how many more Viggo could manage without passing out. "Wait I missed the bit...the bit where. Wait! I missed...." Viggo lay a hand on Sieghard shoulder, "You remind me of my Pa sometime you know? Have I ever told you he was in the JaegerKorps? Anyway, he was always a miserable sod too!"

Chuckling at his own jape, Viggo spoke up, "No good written down is it? I can't read those chicken scratches" He mimed writing with a quill, "Doesn't sound any good to me, that basst, basrard, that bit. Sounds too wishy washy to my ears, if I were scratching it," The quill display once more, "I'd have him say something, something... more dramatic!" He waved a hand dismissively, "Still it's your story to ruin not mine. If you want to go telling it like that it's your bush... business, not mine. Don't expect it to go that way in the play though... oh no!" Viggo shook his head at the very thought.

OOC

Show

Consume Alcohol Test:
    TB 22 - (1d100)[8] - Wow!

Stinking Drunk Roll:
    (1d100)[7]

Charm Test: (drunken attempt to bait a potentially tipsy Sieghard into continuing to speak about it out of professional pride!)
    FEL 48 - (1d100)[95]
    Re-roll - (1d100)[6] - Ooosh!
    Last edited by Northern Lad; 2016-07-01 at 02:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    "Well that's how it happened," Sieghard said. "If you want to tell it different, you can have the orc sing a marching song for all I care."

Spoiler
    Show
    Alcohol roll
    Fraid not. Viggo doesn't have Consume Alcohol, so his base starts at 11. Further, the difficulty increases by 10 for every failed test and he's already failed 2 (this being failure 3). You're in auto-fail territory.

Four failures is stinking drunk, so one more drink and Viggo has to roll for that (which is d100, not d10).

Charm roll
    Sieghard on the other hand hasn't failed any consume alcohol rolls, so that's still difficulty: impossible. It flat out isn't something he wants to talk about and doesn't want becoming common knowledge. And the more persistent Viggo is about trying to ask, the more guarded Sieghard is going to be about the topic.

Since you took another drink, here's another one for Sieghard as well.
    (1d100)[21] vs 41
    (1d100)[69] reroll

Still sober.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-07-01 at 03:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa and Viggo on the road (14th Verhoxen)

Spoiler
    Show
    "Your faith is touching," said Elsa, amused. "With the Thorns, I'm sure I can rule... oh, maybe a village or two. Until one of the big players decides to move in."

She grew serious. "Don't be ridiculous. If Sforza... weren't there, Caracciolo would rule the south. Or Valdes. Those with years of experience and hundreds of loyal soldiers at their beck and call. Wouldn't mind serving them. I'd rather serve a lord than rule a few dozen peasants."

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "What does that mean for us... and for the book Elsa? Isn't Nahorek a god? How can we hope to stand against that?"

Elsa looked gloomy. Eventually she said: "The Empire has stood twenty-five hundred years against four gods. What's one more? There's no reason to think Nahorek has it in for us."

She crumpled Adelbert's letter. She would have to write and send a response, which was sure to irritate Morrslieb. "For now I'm thinking we need to know more about what Klammenberg did. I was planning to lead a party to Rivermouth to ask questions about the boy Klammenberg took. What was he good at? Did he have some knowledge or skill no one else had?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nahorek is a daemon," Sieghard said emphatically. "Just because it calls itself a god doesn't make it one. Even if it were to become trouble for us, we've fought daemons before." Intentionally, he neglected to remind them just how that had gone.

"Adelbert still has that witch hunting book, right?" he asked before anyone else had a chance to dwell on that topic. "Once he's done in Savonne, have him bring it here. He's had plenty of time, he should be finished reading it by now, and I want to know what he learned."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa snorted. "I skimmed that book. It doesn't teach you how to fight daemons. It teaches you how to make a peasant confess to witchcraft by ripping off his fingernails with pliers."

"But fine, I'll tell him to bring it. Anything else I should put in the letter?"
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-02 at 10:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

28. - Top - End - #28

Elsa & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Sidestepped it again, she's a slippery one alright!. For a brief moment Viggo's mouth twisted sourly, with a shrug of his shoulders he nodded. "Then it's as you say M'Lady, just think about it is all I'm asking. A good leader would say that serving should bring honour Elsa, to the one doing the service as much as the Lord he performs it for." Viggo stood up and stretched before taking a few steps towards his tent. He turned back as he reached it. "How much honour did we find at that farmstead the greenskins burned out I wonder?" He rolled his shoulders once more, ducking down to enter the tent to retire for the night.

OOC
    Show

Not much more to add to this Sentinel. Viggo wanted to gauge Elsas' responses to his suggestions and questions, the fact she hasn't set him on fire is a good(ish) sign as far as he's concerned.

Hexensnacht

Sieghard & Viggo

Spoiler
    Show

Pushing himself up off of his stool, toppling it over as he did so, Viggo tried to pin Sieghard with a sharp look. He half succeeded. "I just might have him sning a snong... sing a song.... a nice little love tune, maybe have you dance a few rounds with him too!" He had to steady himself holding himself upright on the table. "I've had enough." He commented to one of the two Sieghards' he could see sitting all grim across the bench from him. "I'll be good Rock Face, no bissmeha.. misbehaving I promise." Viggo attempted a smart salute, managing to prod himself in the eye in the process. "Just one favour I'll ask though... Think on about that farmstead Sieghard.... Think on about that." The young man turned to leave, attempting to flare his cloak as he spun on his heel, he somehow managed to get it caught between his legs and stumbled over the stool he'd knocked over. "Bloody thing!" he cursed from the floor.

OOC
    Show

That's Viggo Stinking already then... the 07 was on a d100 so no other effect other than that already in place.. Viggo will call that quits for tonight if Sieghard doesn't stop him... In fact Viggo would probably appreciate a shoulder to lean on on the way back to the barracks if you can give him a lift!

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show

Viggo nodded, if a little slowly, at Elsa and Sieghard's attempt to play down the potential danger. "So to Rivermouth? Again? We should have put that place to torch months ago, I knew they'd cause us trouble, everybody in Thornwood knows there's something wrong with them folk out there. What if the Capitano refuses though or sends out Caracciolo without us again?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard and Viggo (Hexensnacht)

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard glared at Viggo, painfully aware of the possible implications of himself and Elsa on a bridge with an orc singing a love song. "Do anything with love songs and I'll see to it that it's the last thing you ever sing, understand?"

"Idiot," he said, dragging Viggo to his feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Seems like as good a time to wrap it up as any.

Manaan's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    "Caracciolo already went and did nothing. If Sforza want's something done, he isn't going to send the man who could've prevented all of this but didn't."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-07-03 at 12:00 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Manann's Keep

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa nodded in agreement with Sieghard. "And this time we know exactly what we're looking for. I'm not planning to ask nicely; if they won't cooperate, we'll make them," she said with a worrisome glimmer of eagerness.

She returned to her room to pen a quick letter to Adelbert. Morrslieb looked at her unhappily, well aware that this meant he was being sent back to Painford. Look, you had the past two weeks to yourself, Elsa told him. Don't complain.

Spoiler: letter
    Show
    Adelbert,

You are the one best suited for investigating in Savonne, so go right ahead. Klammenberg has already done whatever he set out to do - it is now best to move with caution rather than haste. I would add that I don't entirely trust the word of Alvarr's lackeys when it comes to the Mad Duke's book.

I suspect that Nahorek has been freed from the Red Pyramid. Tell Father Vengist about it; if he acts skeptical or unconcerned, he is most likely not to be trusted.

P.S.: Sieghard would like you to bring the witch hunter's torture manual the next time you come over.

P.P.S.: Morrslieb is annoyed at you for making him do this back-and-forth. Just thought you should know.

She then waited for an appropriate time to go to Captain Sforza with her concerns.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-04 at 06:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing: