Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown VII

1st Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Hours passed, and the waiting began to grate. Seeing Adelbert standing idle outside the shrine, Viktor took the opportunity for some gentle ribbing.

"Still planning to leave at first light, brother Schreiber? Perhaps if you ride west fast enough you can catch up with it."

Around them, the village had woken up, and was going about the business of the new year blissfully untroubled by whatever it was that had robbed Adelbert of his sleep. At least that seemed true for the most part - some of the militiamen were apparently telling stories of strange noises heard in the night, and shining eyes seen in the woods.

At noon, Adelbert felt a shadow pass overhead. Looking up he saw Elsa's bird had returned, a curl of parchment pinched in its beak. It circled the village once before dropping down to land on his shoulder, dropping the letter into his hands.

Adelbert,

You are the one best suited for investigating in Savonne, so go right ahead. Whatever harm Klammenberg wanted to do has been accomplished - it is now best to move with caution rather than haste. I would add that I don't entirely trust the word of Alvarr's lackeys when it comes to the Mad Duke's book.

I suspect that Nahorek has been freed from the Red Pyramid. Tell Father Vengist about it; if he acts skeptical or unconcerned, he is most likely not to be trusted.

P.S.: Morrslieb is annoyed at you for making him do this back-and forth. Just-thought you should know.
    The raven pecked him on the ear for emphasis.

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa waited until she got wind that the Captain had risen and finished his breakfast before seeking him out. According to the stable-hands at the keep, he had ridden out to inspect the bounds of the town; saddling Bastard, she rode after him.

She found Sforza with a small retinue - Carraciolo among them - at the edge of the forest. Hallooing as she approached, she carefully reined in her horse outside of biting distance of the Captain's party and approached the remaining distance on foot. The frosts had killed the thin summer growth from the shallow mounds that had been raised over the charred bones of Magog's fledgling horde, and Elsa could see the wind of Shyish hanging like a cold mist over the grave sites. In this season even the trees of the Thornwood, usually alive with all the colours of the Aethyr, seemed like something out of Morr's realm.

<Evatt's retainers did a decent job of managing this place,> Carraciolo was saying. <There should be good hunting come the spring...>

Still in the saddle, Sforza nodded and turned to Elsa as she approached. <Signora Hildebrand,> he said. <Something we can help you with?>
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert shot a strained smiled at Viktor. "Perhaps so Herr Viktor, perhaps so. I blessed Bella's horseshoes myself."

Adelbert was seriously considering calling it a day when Morrslieb finally showed up. Having read the message he glared at the raven suspiciously. Doubtless the bird had not bothered to tell his mistress he (Adelbert) had fed him while he was on his (Morrslieb) trip. So much for gratitude!

"Rhadegund, Bertelis, we're moving now." Tearing up Elsa's letter he turned to the bird. "You can go, no need to send a reply."

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    <"Something you should know about, at the very least,"> said Elsa, saluting. <"Last night I felt a powerful ripple of dark magic. It swept us from the west, and was likely felt by magic-sensitive people in all the Broken Reaches. I suspect a magic ritual; it's no coincidence it happened on Hexensnacht.">

She paused, not sure how much more she could safely reveal in the presence of mere soldiers, but decided that the risk of saying too much was most likely behind them. <The criminal Klammenberg was headed west, last we heard.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Sforza looked concerned at the news.

<`West’ is a big place,> he said. <If he’s been up to anything in Last Water, we may hear of it.> He looked to Giovanni. <We’ve had no reports from the garrison there?>

<None, Captain.>

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Rhadegund seemed surprised to see they were actually leaving. She had been sitting on the step of the shrine’s porch with her chin in her hand and a bored expression on her face – now she hurried to shoulder her bag and scurry after Adelbert as he loaded Bella back up for the journey.

Leading the horse by the reins, with his two initiates and his borrowed tent on her back, Adelbert headed north out of Painford on the road to Savonne once more.

Bezahltag, 4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    After three cold days’ travel, the walls of Savonne were a welcome sight. The city was busier than Adelbert remembered it being the last time he had visited, though the stream of people passing through the gates was not so large – by now, those who wanted to leave had left, and those who wanted shelter had already arrived.

In the South Market square, pedlars were doing a swift business in the leftover charms and talismans from their Hexensnacht stocks, assuring any and every passer-by of their powers to ward off pox, wolves or just plain bad luck. A great number of jackal charms were in evidence – ears, paws and fangs, most of which Adelbert suspected had been taken from stray dogs rather than real jackals. As well as these there were Morrite charms carved in bone; river-polished pebbles supposedly blessed by the kiss of Azriller and even a few of the many-eyed wooden figures from Elmridge.

From talking to the people showing such an interest in the pedlars’ goods, Adelbert learned he wasn’t the only one who had had an eventful Hexensnacht. According to rumour, that night the castle had been haunted by the screams of Duke Wulf’s victims, while ghost-lights had been seen dancing in the burnt-out ruins of the Warren.

“Death’s on the wind sir, that’s what they say,” said one itinerant merchant, sounding remarkably sanguine about it. “With two fine kiddies like your own, a man oughter protect himself. What’s a couple of schillings against a bonafide charm to keep the wolf from the door?”

He held out a wooden talisman on a leather thong, trying to slip it around Adelbert’s neck. It was carved in the shape of a sleeping hound, curled in a circle with its muzzle pressed up against its hindquarters.

"Guaranteed to work sir, or your money back."
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-07-04 at 11:35 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

5. - Top - End - #35

BlackDragon

Bezahltag, 4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert felt vaguely startled to be mistaken for the father of Rhadegund and Bertelis but quickly recovered, shaking his head. "Thank you mein herr but the owl watches over me well enough." He lifted up his owl amulet to show the merchant and smiled. "I think death's wife can protect me better than his dog."

Anxious to be away from the likes of this peddlar he led his footsore initiates in the direction of the temple. "Rhadegund, Bertelis as soon as we get there the first thing that will happen is a proper meal by a good fire. I have a friend who can show you the sights of Savonne if you'd like?"

He'd meant Lena, but part of him longed to see Kelda again. He wondered what the wolf-woman made of all this business...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    <"I had a vivid vision of a pyramid,"> said Elsa. She was reluctant to discuss her dreams, fearing to face the same patronizing dismissal as Sieghard had given her. <"I believe I've heard of one in the Pale Waste, more or less west of here.">

She went on: <"We know Klammenberg's been preparing for something. In Rivermouth, my familiar saw him accept a jar from the local priestess and put it in his coach. When he passed through Caerfort, he was followed by a boy who had, to quote Orderic, 'a Rivermouth sort of look'.">
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Sforza looked to Carraciolo, who shrugged.

<The Waste isn't our territory,> said the Captain, turning back to Elsa. <Or anyone's territory, really. If he's up to some mischief in the desert, perhaps we can hope he makes trouble for theathing in the Norscan.> He paused. <If the robbers at Turnpike don't get him first.>

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "Never hurts to be sure, sir!" the pedlar shouted after him as he hurried away. "Two gods is better than one, eh?"

Tying up Bella at the foot of the Temple hill, Adelbert and his initiates made the short ascent to the front gates. There were plenty of people making observances - the inside of the main hall was a forest of lit candles, their orange flames casting long shadows from the statues of the gods that stood around the old stone walls. Breathing in the smell of incense and burnt tallow, Adelbert looked around for anyone he knew.

He didn't have to wait long. A pale shape dropped down from the smoke-hidden heights of the ceiling, drawing an audible intake of breath from the nearby worshippers. Landing on Adelbert's shoulder in a flare of pale feathers, Euthymius flapped his wings a few times for balance before settling down and leaning forwards to see if his friend had brought any mice.

"Brother Schreiber!" came Hieronymus' voice from somewhere to the left. The old priest emerged from out of the haze, leaning heavily on his stick as he walked. "Here already! Did our messengers reach you so soon?"
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #38

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    It was a relief to reach the temple - no pendant peddlars here - and Adelbert was surprised at how happy he was to see the owl. Gently he ruffled Euthymius' feathers. "Good to see you too my friend, you're a better bird than some I know. I promise I'll bring back your brother safely some day. I haven't forgotten"

At the sound of Hieronymus the younger priest bowed (in so much as one could with a large owl on one's shoulder). "I think I must have left before your messengers arrived Father Hieronymus. It is good to see you." His smile faltered. "Obviously you felt it... saw it. The others?"

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "I'm not sure what it was we felt," said Hieronymus, "but certainly I was not the only one. Come," he said, "this way."

Leading Adelbert and the initiates away from the crowds of laypeople in the temple's main hall, Hieronymus gave as succinct an account of events as he could manage, doing his best to suppress his tendency towards tangents. The Hexensnacht visions had affected a good number of Savonne's priests and mystics - although it was hard to tell whether the street-corner doomsayers had really experienced anything out of the ordinary when they were raving about visions of blood and darkness. According to Hieronymus, Mother Raqiyah had been most strongly affected, while the Azrillites appeared the least concerned.

"Even that Raven Hills soothsayer felt it," said Hieronymus, with barely-cloaked distaste. "He was in here the next morning, raving about the need to take action. Of course he left before any course of action could be decided upon. Headed back to the hills, so I hear."

Finding a quiet cloister, he set down his stick and pulled up a stool to rest his feet.

"We have agreed to hold a conclave here in Savonne. The Morrites have sent messengers to every town in the Reaches, calling their priests here to discuss what is to be done. That was what I assumed brought you here." He looked around, making sure there were no eavesdroppers on their conversation. "The book, brother Schreiber - is it still safe?"
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-07-05 at 05:40 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

10. - Top - End - #40

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert nodded. "Yes. Elsa Holt - who experienced a similar vision to us - is keeping an eye on the Tilean prince and as far as I know it remains safely unopened. His own priest, Monsignor Barbaro is a very worldly fellow I fear. Still if you have sent him a message and he does come he can tell you more."

Adelbert wetted his suddenly dry lips. "Fraulein Holt suspects, and I would be inclined to agree, that Herr Klammenberg has been to the Red Pyramid. He was in Painford not long ago on his way somewhere he refused to say and after Holt's familiar spied on him he made for Rivermouth. I trust the reputation of that village has reached this place? From there he must have made his way west to the ancient ruined temple where we have first learned of the book. Holt believes he is trying to awaken Nahorek."

He paused to gather his breath. "There is more. When I encountered Klammenberg in Painford I felt a great sense of wrongness about his coachman, a silent brute with a covered face and seemingly mute. I could feel his eyes on me. I suspect Klammenberg may in fact be the servant and his coachman - who or whatever he is, is the master."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Hieronymus blinked, clearly finding this all a lot to take in.

"Klammenberg - that's the man who tore those pages from my books, no?" he said. "And you think he's... no, that's too, too far-fetched." He wrung his fingers together as if washing his hands. "The Red Pyramid... that's just a Raven Hills myth. And Nahorek... you don't literally believe in captive jackal gods?"

He paused for a moment, still reflecting on what Adelbert had been said. "I met the man," he said, as if only just remembering. "I don't recall finding him out of the ordinary. What happened on Hexensnacht was extraordinary - when I had collected my thoughts, the first conclusion I came to was that someone had got their hands on that book. I'm glad to hear I was wrong." He paused. "Perhaps I was wrong about Klammenberg too. Certainly it's not difficult to imagine him being mixed up in some dark mischief." He nodded to himself. "You'll have to present this information to the conclave when it's convened. Perhaps with all our brothers and sisters there we will be able to come to firmer conclusions."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

12. - Top - End - #42

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "I have seen many strange things Father," Adelbert replied carefully, his mind on Cacophrax, on the bizarre Taal like effigy he had encountered at Ravenskird, on the undead priestess he had bantered with, on the Norscan woman who could change into a wolf. At least two of the strange things on that list were friends or allies and he still held out hope he could convert the daemon...

"I do not believe Nahorek is literally a god, but I do think he is linked with," he made the sign of the hammer to ward off evil, "the Great Necromancer. Remember the book."

He paused a long moment, thinking. "You said Wadim has left the city. Have all Rorik's court gone with him?"

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

4th Nachexen

Spoiler
    Show
    "No, more's the pity," said Hieronymus with a sigh. "From what I gather his master doesn't share his concerns. The Jarl remains in Savonne."
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #44

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen - Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert noted the distaste but didn't reply to it. He had just had the frightening thought that Kelda might have had the vision too. She was no priestess or mage but she was clearly touched by magic. He'd have to see her. First though he had to resolve an important matter.

"Has Father Vengist been here. Did he say anything of the vision?"
    Last edited by RossN; 2016-07-05 at 07:59 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Hieronymus shook his head. "He returned to Alvarran some time ago. We can hope he will be coming here soon, if the messengers reach him."
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-07-05 at 08:04 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Elsabeth Holt

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, for Sigmar's sake, thought Elsa. Still seeing it as something he can derive political advantage from. Damn southerners, so sheltered from the real threats in this world.

<"With respect, sir,"> she said, trying to be patient, <"the sheer scale of what I felt suggests it might spell trouble for all of us. At the very least, it can't hurt to know what's happening out there. I'd like to... ask... the people of Rivermouth who was the boy who went with Klammenberg. What he could do that made him useful.">
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-05 at 10:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    Sforza and Carraciolo exchanged looks. Their expressions didn't give Elsa much hope.

<This village again,> said Giovanni. <We searched it. There's nothing there but backwoods yokels and their hovels.> He shot a glance towards the forest. <If your man took one of them with him it was probably to polish his boots.>

Sforza sighed. <If you want to go to Rivermouth, go to Rivermouth. We have maybe two months before the spring. But this is starting to seem like a distraction.> He gave Elsa a searching look. <You've been studying your magic all winter. Do you have anything we can use yet?>
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

18. - Top - End - #48

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert's face fell. "We can only hope he returns," the younger man admitted. "I'm happy to talk to the priests father but I must see to my initiates first, and check on someone. Do you have rooms available and where are Rorik's crew staying?"

His stomach rumbled. Embarassed he continued: "...and is there anything to eat?"

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Elsabeth Holt

Spoiler
    Show
    <If your man took one of them with him it was probably to polish his boots,> said Caracciolo.

With rather strained calmness, Elsa replied: <"I don't believe that for a second, Commander. If Klammenberg couldn't wipe his own arse, he'd have hired an arse-wiper long ago, not just last month. Besides, criminals as a rule don't involve more people in their schemes than they strictly have to.">

<You've been studying your magic all winter. Do you have anything we can use yet?> asked Sforza.

<"I... made a few doses of tooth regrowth potion,"> said Elsa, aware of how insignificant that sounded. <"Not too useful to the war effort, I know, but potion-making is dangerous, so I started with something easy. We can sell it.">

She paused. <"I'm a pyromancer,"> she said almost apologetically. <"We tend to be less versatile than most wizards.">
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-06 at 04:28 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

1st Nachexen

Elsa

Spoiler
    Show
    <A potion for regrowing teeth,> said Sforza, with icy calm. There was a long pause. <The northern lords will be quaking in their boots.>

Some of the men with him studiously looked away, not wanting to draw the attention of any of their betters in this uncomfortably public dressing-down.

<I don't want excuses, signora Hildebrand. I've given you gold, given you power, given you my protection. We have lost good soldiers and innocent villagers on your errands. Now you come offering me this as the fruits of your labour Another pause. <I thought I hired a wizard. If you cannot work magic when I ask, what are you for?>

He let the silence fester again.

<You have two months to show me something we can use. If Rivermouth is where you might find it, go there. If not - think carefully.> He gathered up his horse's reins, and the men around him made ready to ride. <Good morning to you.>

He thumped his heels against the horse's flanks, and the animal took off at a trot. The others followed close behind, leaving Elsa in a cloud of horse-scented dust.

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "Of course," said Hieronymus, getting shakily back to his feet. "We'll find quarters for you here. Food too." He put a friendly hand - thankfully not the one the book had withered - on Adelbert's shoulder. "You did well to come early. When the other priests arrive we may run out of room!"

When Adelbert pressed him about the Norscans, Hieronymus made a disapproving noise in the back of his throat. "Still squatting down in the docks, I believe," he said. "When they aren't brawling on the streets. Heathens, the lot of them. That Raven Hills savage was the closest any of them got to the true gods, and now he has returned I imagine they will be worse than before." He gave Adelbert a warning look. "I would stay well away from such people if I were you, brother Schreiber."
    Last edited by LCP; 2016-07-06 at 05:46 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

21. - Top - End - #51

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert had the grace to look uncomfortable at that. He did however continue lending his shoulder to the older priest. "Euthymius seems in good form. I'll have my younger initiate Bertelis buy some mice for him. I intend to introduce my older initiate Rhadegund to my friend Lena Knopf," he paused, looking slightly embarassed, "I, er, thought it would be good for to have another woman to talk to. About... issues."

Clearing his throat he continued. "That brings me to a sensitive topic. I have, as you know, business with the Duke but since I am very much here in a spiritual capacity I would prefer not to trouble His Grace with my presence. So, um, I was hoping you could send a letter to her asking her presence at the temple. As it happens I know she has saved many books from the old library the mad duke kept that I am sure the Temple would be interested in..."

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard, Viggo and Ludo

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa returned to her friends shortly afterwards, looking almost distressed.

"The bad news is, Captain Sforza doesn't seem too concerned about the wave of dark magic. Says I'm free to go to Rivermouth, but made it clear I was on thin ice." She pursed her lips. "He thinks I haven't accomplished much lately that was useful to him, and I must say he has a point."

She paused. "Sieghard, since you're no doubt the only one who'd agree to lend me men, it's really up to you. Things can go nine kinds of wrong in Rivermouth. If you don't want to risk any of your Thorns on this errand, we'll forget about the whole matter."
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2016-07-06 at 08:26 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Not Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "What did he expect you to be doing?" Sieghard asked, momentarily ignoring the question of Rivermouth. "It's not like there's been anyone for you to use your magic on lately."
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2016-07-06 at 08:34 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Hieronymus' ears seemed to prick up.

"Books from the old library, you say?" he said, trying not to sound too eager. "Well, yes - I'll ah, send word as soon as I can. We wouldn't want such things mouldering away now, would we."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming finding quarters and food all goes smoothly, what's the next thing you want to play out?
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Not Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa rolled her eyes. "Been wondering that myself. My lore is rather... specialized. But I don't want him to start seeing me as useless, so I'll try to think of something in the meantime. Where's an Orc warlord to kill when you need one?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Not Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    Sieghard smirked. "I'm sure we can find something for you to burn," he replied. "What are your plans for Rivermouth?"

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

Not Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    "Been wondering that myself. My lore is rather... specialized. But I don't want him to start seeing me as useless, so I'll try to think of something in the meantime. Where's an Orc warlord to kill when you need one?"
    Viggo ground his teeth, still looking rather the worse for wear, "Don't you have to arm them before you get to kill them? I thought that was how things were done around here?" He at least had the courtesy to look slightly guilty over bringing that up again. "He sees you as useless? A living weapon who can set her enemies alight just by," Viggo waggled his fingers at Elsa, "I'd say you've proven your worth in buckets, but what would a simple hay head like me know?"

"I'm sure we can find something for you to burn. What are your plans for Rivermouth?"
    "Burn it?" Viggo chimed in helpfully. "Two birds with one shot I'd say."

28. - Top - End - #58

BlackDragon

4th Nachexen

Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "Thank you Father," Adelbert replied, looking a little happier. "I better go and check on my initiates now to make sure they are alright."

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Adelbert is going to try and slip down to the docks to see if Kelda is still in residence.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Again we are De-scribed
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Rivermouth is part of Sforza's lands." Ludo said thoughtfully. "Unless we can prove something is wrong there, it's no different to setting fire to Sermena to him."

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Not Adelbert

Spoiler
    Show
    "You'll watch your tone," Sieghard snapped at Viggo.

"I don't want to burn the village," he continued in a nearly predatory tone. "Only their daemon worshiping priestess and the shrine she defiled. They owe me far too much to put the entire place to the torch."