New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Organizations

Quote Originally Posted by Eno Remnant View Post
    Bardadins for life!
    You should see some of the other stuff we've made for bards. One of the archetypes LP made lets you get Cha to AC, Skirmish as the Scout, and Spring Attack.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Da Da DUM!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xuldarinar View Post
    I rather like the theme of aberrant/corrupted angels. How well does it fold into angels? I recall Black/White groups are pretty solid in their own right (I think I used to run a Black/Red deck though, for lack of whites and interesting critters)
    vampires set up a good base to build angels on since angels tend to be pretty expensive. They can also be pretty big themselves which is important in edh. the main issues is with finding a decent commander for that deck. I think my friends will think these two angels will suit me just fine cause i tend to be about that insanity thing.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Wow thats a lot of MtG talk. Im kinda meh on Eldritch moon as im not a huge fan of Eldrazi, but they are better this time around, so i at least dont want to strangle my opponent for using one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

5. - Top - End - #125
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    You should see some of the other stuff we've made for bards. One of the archetypes LP made lets you get Cha to AC, Skirmish as the Scout, and Spring Attack.
    I'll be honest, that sounds like everything I've ever wanted to get with a Bard (that I couldn't get with a Paladin).
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    Eno said what I was going to say, better, and faster, too.
    Master Maker - Artificer Plus

Jr. Tormlet badge granted by LoyalPaladin. Always keep fighting the Good fight.

6. - Top - End - #126

Spoiler: On down side; fewer jokes than usual. On plus side; sillier stills than usual.
    Show

In case anyone was wondering why Haman and the other Axis Zeon people never "Sieg".

Elle and Roux have some awesomely silly off-model moments.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh!
    This thread! It reminds me of an old Art&Crafts thread I used to post in. It was pretty fun. The nostalgia made me literally just read this whole thread. I haven't participated in anything like this for a while.

For now, I am posting permissions for this. If I'm still around the next time I remember, I'll see about making a writeup or something for somebody after extensively stalking all their posts to get to "know" them.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Gareth View Post
    Finally, one that snags my attention. Posting permission; bonus points for doing it as a Tradition, martial or otherwise - though you'd have to write new rules for a non-martial one.
    The Knife Dancers

Alignment: Any, typically nonlawful

Symbol: A circle formed of knives or a single dagger etched with images of dancers

Oath: "I swear to walk the edge of the knife. I swear to live an interesting life. I swear that I will let no boredom nor latency ascribe my steps. I dance upon the edge of a blade, and I long for the day I fall off."

Allegiance Benefit: Each morning, the allegiant chooses one of the following: Initiative, Fortitude, Reflex, Will, or AC. So long as the allegiant remains in good standing with the Knife Dancers, they gain a +1 luck bonus to the chosen statistic for 24 hours. This bonus increases by +1 at 6th level and every 6 levels thereafter. The allegiant may change the beneficiary of their luck bonus once per day.

Description: The knife dancers are a loose organization of thrill seekers, performers, stuntmen and adventurers. Some would call them adrenaline junkies or death seekers, and in many cases this would be true. Members of the Knife dancers seem to draw power from danger itself, when faced with impossible tasks, they always rise to the occasion. This comes with its own drawbacks however, as they must continually seek out new dangers against which to test themselves, or they risk losing their edge.

Knife Dancers are expected to meet once a year at a nearby lodge to share stories of their experiences and provide proof of their claims. Those that are unable to make it are typically presumed dead until evidence indicates otherwise. The Knife Dancers are known to have a high attrition rate.

The lodges are responsible for collecting and storing trinkets and tokens that are tied to the exploits of Knife Dancer members. The staff ritually cares for and catalogs each item, as the Knife Dancers believe that it is these items that give them their incredible luck.

Common Tasks: The only tasks expected of a Knife Dancer are those of thrill seeking, discovery and the overcoming of ever greater obstacles. Because the knife dancers believe that they need to constantly fuel their collective luck with the power of new tales of success, this has become their primary, and nearly sole, focus.

Available Services: Knife Dancer members are always welcome at their lodges, where they are guaranteed a good price on a (relatively) safe place to eat and rest. Members are always willing to swap rumors and stories about thrilling places to visit, dangerous monsters, and long lost treasures, so the lodge serves as a good location to find new places to test their skills.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Wow thats a lot of MtG talk. Im kinda meh on Eldritch moon as im not a huge fan of Eldrazi, but they are better this time around, so i at least dont want to strangle my opponent for using one.
    Hahaha... you haven't played against the new Emrakul.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

speak common damnit not regional mtg speak

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    speak common damnit not regional mtg speak
    MTG Yog-sothoth

12. - Top - End - #132

So I've read. However, I am the newest Junior Tormlet, so I probably only have one level in the PrC - which is conveniently where the Divine Grace is. Maybe I'll pick up some of your Battle Dancer levels while I'm in the area...
    I just realized you made the Dashing Hero Handbook. Love that, by the way.

Waaaaay ahead of you.
    Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    I'll be honest, that sounds like everything I've ever wanted to get with a Bard (that I couldn't get with a Paladin).
    I do love improving the paladin multi-class options for 3.5 and somehow Illyahr ended up being my homebrew cup of tea when it came to the GitP Regulars as X threads.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

I have not, but unlike the last one i can actually deal with the stupid thing. Pacifism? Check. Pillory of the Sleepless? Check. Topple? Check. Doesnt have Annihilate 6? Also check.

Yes its current ability is nasty, but its not Haste-on-super-steroids like the last one.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    The Knife Dancers

Alignment: Any, typically nonlawful

Symbol: A circle formed of knives or a single dagger etched with images of dancers

Oath: "I swear to walk the edge of the knife. I swear to live an interesting life. I swear that I will let no boredom nor latency ascribe my steps. I dance upon the edge of a blade, and I long for the day I fall off."

Allegiance Benefit: Each morning, the allegiant chooses one of the following: Initiative, Fortitude, Reflex, Will, or AC. So long as the allegiant remains in good standing with the Knife Dancers, they gain a +1 luck bonus to the chosen statistic for 24 hours. This bonus increases by +1 at 6th level and every 6 levels thereafter. The allegiant may change the beneficiary of their luck bonus once per day.

Description: The knife dancers are a loose organization of thrill seekers, performers, stuntmen and adventurers. Some would call them adrenaline junkies or death seekers, and in many cases this would be true. Members of the Knife dancers seem to draw power from danger itself, when faced with impossible tasks, they always rise to the occasion. This comes with its own drawbacks however, as they must continually seek out new dangers against which to test themselves, or they risk losing their edge.

Knife Dancers are expected to meet once a year at a nearby lodge to share stories of their experiences and provide proof of their claims. Those that are unable to make it are typically presumed dead until evidence indicates otherwise. The Knife Dancers are known to have a high attrition rate.

The lodges are responsible for collecting and storing trinkets and tokens that are tied to the exploits of Knife Dancer members. The staff ritually cares for and catalogs each item, as the Knife Dancers believe that it is these items that give them their incredible luck.

Common Tasks: The only tasks expected of a Knife Dancer are those of thrill seeking, discovery and the overcoming of ever greater obstacles. Because the knife dancers believe that they need to constantly fuel their collective luck with the power of new tales of success, this has become their primary, and nearly sole, focus.

Available Services: Knife Dancer members are always welcome at their lodges, where they are guaranteed a good price on a (relatively) safe place to eat and rest. Members are always willing to swap rumors and stories about thrilling places to visit, dangerous monsters, and long lost treasures, so the lodge serves as a good location to find new places to test their skills.
    I like eeeet.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilingsworth View Post
    Wow! Not only was that awesome, I think I actually kinda understand Archeron now. If all the "intermediate" outer planes got that kind of treatment, I doubt there would be anywhere near as many critics of their utility.
    My extended homebrew sig

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

I have not, but unlike the last one i can actually deal with the stupid thing. Pacifism? Check. Pillory of the Sleepless? Check. Topple? Check. Doesnt have Annihilate 6? Also check.

Yes its current ability is nasty, but its not Haste-on-super-steroids like the last one.
    So none of that, because she takes your turn and empties your sorcery speed removal on your own permanents (or barring that, worthless stuff on her own field), then throws your creatures into an unfavorable combat phase to get rid of what is left.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

You cant safely unload Topple, as it targets the most powerful card on the field.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

You cant safely unload Topple, as it targets the most powerful card on the field.
    Well, yes, but it's not Standard, or even considered good by the standards of white removal in Modern, and you'd be surprised how industrious a player who has control of both sides of the board is.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

Well, yes, but it's not Standard, or even considered good by the standards of white removal in Modern, and you'd be surprised how industrious a player who has control of both sides of the board is.
    This is why we have counterspell, protection doesn't protect it till it leaves the stack and enters the battlefield, but that doesn't stop the discount mindslaver ability. Or if you want something from this pack, summary dismissal seems interesting.

I also have a strange desire to turn emrakul into a sheep.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2016-07-19 at 12:05 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

BlackDragon

Man, it's a good think Eldrazi are colorless.
    Nothing some tinkering with scarecrows/liberal use of prestidigitation can't fix
    Last edited by Gildedragon; 2016-07-19 at 12:42 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Sweep #1

The Poinsettia Order (Red Fel) [Yes, I know Snow already has it linked in the OP.)
    The Songspun Brotherhood (illyahr)
    Exemplars of Altruism (Thealtruistorc)
    Occulta Ludum (unseenmage)
    The Free Blades (Elricaltovilla)
    Altova Martialis (Elricaltovilla)
    The Claws of Io (Draconium)
    The Organization of Teloniuses (Telonius)
    The Gaolers (LoyalPaladin)
    Roots of the World Tree (Jormengand)
    The Half-Breed Republic (Debihuman)
    The Knife Dancers (Lord_Gareth)
    Last edited by Draconium; 2016-07-19 at 03:55 PM.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    Sweep #1

Altova Matrialis (Elricaltovilla)
    I just want to point out its Altova Martialis, Matrialis has a totally different gibberish vibe

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Thank you Draco.

Expect "As MTG cards" soon.
    Nothing some tinkering with scarecrows/liberal use of prestidigitation can't fix
    Haha, both Scarecrows and Presti are hilarious. :P
    Last edited by Snowbluff; 2016-07-19 at 03:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    I just want to point out its Altova Martialis, Matrialis has a totally different gibberish vibe
    Fixed it. Don't wanna disrespect out local war God's, do we?

Extended Signature Link

How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

24. - Top - End - #144
    Colossus in the Playground

Thank you Draco.

Expect "As MTG cards" soon.
    But I haven't become an organization yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    But I haven't become an organization yet!
    I'll try to think of something.

Extended Signature Link

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Pillars of Civilization
    We are the determination of all mankind.
    (Illven)

History: Western Civilization. For as long as this concept has existed, so to have the Pillars existed. Dedicated to warding humans and their kin from the monsters of the dark, they have remained in the background, never claiming victory for themselves. But every triumph of mankind was achieved thanks to their never-ending efforts.

Structure: The Pillars are ruled by a council comprised of those who help run their countries from the shadows. The rest of the members come from all walks of life, with no formal ranking or hierarchy pitting them against each other. However, most members are humans, and the rest are all closely related species, such as elves, dwarves, and halflings.

Joining: To join the Pillars, one only need ask. All who care for the advancement of civilization, for reasons selfless or selfish, are welcomed among them. However, those who seek anarchy or humanity's downfall are turned down and opposed at all costs.

Duties: The Pillars seek to slay monsters, protect kings, and overall help humanity survive in a world filled with beings who would love nothing more than to slaughter them all. How this is done depends on each individual member. However, certain universal rules are in place, such as acts of chaos for the sake of chaos, along with crimes such as murder, are to be opposed and minimized.

Perception: Few humanoid beings outside the organization are actually aware of its existence, and as such cannot hold an opinion on them. However, monstrous organization, such as the hierarchy of the Hells, tend to view them as a nuisance at best, and pests to be squashed at worst. Good monsters, such as angels, instead support them and lend them aid when needed.

Extended Signature Link

27. - Top - End - #147
    Titan in the Playground

Well i never argue Standard as i dont play it. Also you are correct, but it Exiles it, which is what i wanted.

I am aware, i have faced Sorin Markov before. Getting your turn jacked sucks, but as i said, this Emrakul just feels less....obnoxious than the last one.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

I'm more surprised 15 cults about me haven't sprung up.
    Well i never argue Standard as i dont play it. Also you are correct, but it Exiles it, which is what i wanted.

I am aware, i have faced Sorin Markov before. Getting your turn jacked sucks, but as i said, this Emrakul just feels less....obnoxious than the last one.
    In practice, both are rough. Past that for crazy powerful combos, it'll be the difference between being 'Slaver locked or suffering infinite terms. Honestly I'd rather just be annihilated into submission.

29. - Top - End - #149

Spoiler: All hail the new, inferior, retarded IMGUR!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground