New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thumbs up The Dreamwalker Chronicles (Scilight #5)

The Dreamwalker Chronicles
    First Page
    Home Page
    On Piperka

What
    The Dreamwalker Chronicles by takeru-kun (a.k.a. Yamamoto Takeru, a.k.a. Daryl) is based on Native American lore, especially that of the American Southwest tribes such as the Hopi, which seems to be pretty rare in webcomics. It's the surreal, dreamlike story of a boy's literal, metaphorical and spiritual journey into his past, character and destiny.

Pluses
    I love the art! Daryl has a unique style that is colorful, dark and somewhat stylized, and suits the story very well. The story's taken a rather dark turn lately; overall, there's a good mix of light too. What can I say? I'm a sucker for surreal journeys with twists both dramatic and sentimental.

Cautions
    If you don't like non-linear stories with minimal exposition then it might not be for you. If you have a really old, worn out CRT monitor then some of the art might be too dark. I know that nothing's perfect and I don't want to oversell it but I can't think of anything else to say.

Previous
    Spoiler
    Show
    Scilight #4: Estancia
    Scilight #3: Juathuur
    Scilight #2: Inhuman
    Scilight #1: Gravity

Note
    This was an incredibly difficult choice. And, it's going to stay tough for at least a month, probably two, maybe even more. The level of quality of some of these undiscussed webcomics is just through the roof.
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-06-17 at 03:06 PM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: The Dreamwalker Chronicles (Scilight #5)

Quote Originally Posted by Scientivore View Post
    I'm a sucker for surreal journeys with twists both dramatic and sentimental.
    yeah, you're telling me. You've built this one up a lot, though. I just don't know if it will live up to that.

Edit: Not bad indeed! I like flint.

Edit again: Arrrggghhh! I can't believe it ends there. Good stuff, though.
    Last edited by averagejoe; 2007-05-21 at 12:03 PM.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: The Dreamwalker Chronicles (Scilight #5)

Woohoo! and whoa. So, the "Darkness Falls" chapter ends and the "Pathfinder" issue with it. What a strange ride -- and it's (literally and figuratively) not over yet!
    Last edited by Scientivore; 2007-07-10 at 04:47 AM.
    My avatar is a remix that I made of Prince Ansom. Resource credit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Snag some Erfworld avatars and backgrounds, make some lolerfs and motivators (or demotivators), read my Erfworld fanmix, or check out my latest spotlight on an under-discussed webcomic: Head Trip (Scilight #13)!