New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: LGBTAI+ #58 Infinity 2.0: The Darth Arminius Apology Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Lycunadari View Post
    I found this really powerful poem on tumblr. TW for basically anything to do with being queer (homophobia, conversion therapy, suicide etc).

Spoiler
    Show
    "Seventeen things you have to learn for yourself
    as a Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex, Asexual, Pansexual
    or otherwise Queer youth
    by the time you are seventeen.

One is that the first Pride was a riot
    I don’t mean that it was full of laughter, or that it was some grand party
    where everyone spiraled up to dance among the stars
    because the only glittering that night
    was broken glass on cobblestones.
    The first Pride was a riot
    on the backstreets of New York
    and they never tell us
    that night
    we won.
    The only protest
    in a decade full of turmoil
    where the cops had to hide out in the bar they raided
    and run from shouting rioters
    who fought to reclaim the only patch of ground they had ever claimed as theirs
    the first Pride was a riot,

and two, around the same time it took place
    it was a debated topic in the gay community
    whether or not they should say
    that they weren’t mentally ill

which, three, homosexuality was removed
    from the American Psychiatric Association’s list of mental illnesses
    in 1974
    congratulations
    all it took was a vote to declare that, whoops, we were never mentally ill

except, four, there are still teenagers being tortured today
    in what some dare blaspheme as “therapy”
    used to destroy their self-identity
    in the hopes of making them normal.
    except, four, the queer community still carries overwhelmingly high rates for poverty and homelessness and depression.

Did you know that, five,
    over half the children forced into conversion therapy
    commit suicide?

And six, that lesbians
    were regarded as “hangers-on”
    of the movement
    by much of the gay community
    before the AIDS crisis?

Because it turns out, seven can wear a rainbow on your shirt
    and still be a bigot.
    There are people who stick rainbows in their ears
    or wear them on their fingers
    or slap them across their cheeks in badges of defiance
    and will still hate you for the color of your skin
    or the size of your thighs
    or your gender
    or the way you like to kiss two or more genders
    or none of the above.
    Don’t ask me why this happens
    it just does
    I think it might be that we’ve all been taught to hate ourselves
    for so damn long
    that we don’t understand what to do
    in a space with no hate.
    Or maybe it’s that the space seems too small, because

eight, there are people who will tell you that you are not enough
    that you do not reach the magical benchmark of “gay enough” to pass through the gate even
    especially
    when you are some flavor of the rainbow other than straight-out gay.
    eight, this is bull****
    eight, those people are bull****.
    eight, you are enough.
    eight, there is always enough room.

nine, there is no overarching “homosexual agenda”
    sorry
    we’re all kind of flailing along in here trying to figure out some way to make it work
    when most of us have nothing in common
    except that society looked at us in different ways and decided we didn’t fit
    so we could all go be misfits together
    under one big rainbow flag

but just so you know, ten, there are plenty of other flags
    there is one for you, I promise

and eleven, misfits may not all need the same things
    but we need to stick together, especially in a world where

twelve—refer to point seven—there are lesbians who hate other lesbians
    for having the audacity to be born in a body
    that everyone looked at and saw “boy”
    which brings me to

thirteen, there is so much to understand.

fourteen, you need to understand
    because we need to stick together
    and to stick together we do not have to be the same but we do have to understand
    and it will be hard because
    you were probably thrown into this world with no warning because

fifteen, being queer is not genetic and we are not unique among minorities
    in that we collect our heritage through broken bits of history and research in a world constantly working to make those misfit bits go away
    but we are unique in that when we try to prove our legacy
    we can be laughed down
    or re-erased
    or flat out ignored
    but I swear to you
    you have a history as old as Alexander the Great
    as beautiful as Sappho
    as dignified as Abraham Lincoln
    and as proud as Eleanor Roosevelt.

But even with that behind us
    sixteen,
    they have always watched us die.
    because even though the bystander effect is bull****, sixteen
    Kitty Genovese was a lesbian, sixteen
    Ronald Reagan is a mass murderer, sixteen
    our children, your brothers and sisters and siblings of all stripes and all colors and sexualities and genders are being murdered
    through neglect
    and rejection
    and hate.

Sixteen, there is an entire generation of gay and bisexual men
    missing from history
    because the government chose to do nothing
    when they were dying by the thousands.
    sixteen, we died from the disease and died from going back into the closet and died for staying there and died for coming out,
    sixteen, they laughed at us because they believed god was punishing us for daring to love,
    sixteen, ashes of your forerunners rest on the lawn of the White House because
    SIXTEEN, THEY HAVE ALWAYS WATCHED US DIE.

SEVENTEEN
    you are allowed
    to be angry.
    You do not have to be one of the nice gays
    or one of the nice trans people
    or sweet or kind or educate the rest of the world in something less than a yell
    you are allowed to be so furious it scalds your bones
    at the way we are forgotten
    and passed over
    at the way, as soon as June becomes July
    we are expected
    to go back to dying in silence
    and mourning our dead
    and kissing all alone
    when no one can be offended
    at the sight of us.
    You are allowed to be angry
    and scream down the stars
    to shatter like broken glass at your feet
    because you know what?
    The first Pride
    was a riot."

Source
    That's really strong, I really liked most of it, but I'm not a fan of the "Watched us die" part, homosexuality was a new thing for everybody, a lot of straight people worked hard during the AIDs outbreak to help everyone, I don't think it is fair to portray straight people as horrible villains and gay people as the Damsel in Distress.

I also don't like the "allowed to be angry" part, we are better than that, such attitude won't help at all.
    Last edited by Shamash; 2017-06-12 at 12:57 PM.
    Shamash! The true sun god!

Praise the sun! \o/

I also have a DeviantArt now... Most are drafts of my D&D campaigns but if you want to take a look.

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post
    That's really strong, I really liked most of it, but I'm not a fan of the "Watched us die" part, homosexuality was a new thing for everybody, a lot of straight people worked hard during the AIDs outbreak to help everyone, I don't think it is fair to portray straight people as horrible villains and gay people as the Damsel in Distress.

I also don't like the "allowed to be angry" part, we are better than that, such attitude won't help at all.
    Homosexuality has been around literally forever, and while you could say that awareness of other sexualities was low, by the time the AIDS crisis started that argument doesn't really hold (for reference, the stonewall riots were in 1969, and the CDC first published a report about AIDS in 1981.). And the thing is, that while there were of course straight people who helped and did their best, homophobia played a huge role in why so so many queer people died of AIDS. People ignored it, research was underfunded, straight people said AIDS was a punishment for being gay, bi men were blamed for spreading it to straight people, families refused to bury their dead gay sons... I think it's fair to characterise this as "They watched us die". Look up the history of AIDS, it's horrible but I think it is important for queer people to know this part of our history.

And anger is an important emotion, and trying to suppress it doesn't really work and isn't healthy at all anyway. Anger is powerful, anger can lead to change, to action. Anger is what makes us stand up in the face of injustice and say No, that's enough, I won't allow this any longer. Anger means being alive, and caring.
    I understand not liking anger, anger can be scary, and anger can seem mean and pointless. And for a long time, I didn't allow myself to be angry, ever, to the point where I wasn't sure if I even could get angry anymore. But that only lead me to redirect my feelings - to sadness, to fear, to shame - and these feelings aren't productive. They made me powerless, and hopeless. And suppressing one emotion messes up all your emotions, and is a great way to mess up your mental health.
    So now I'm trying to relearn being angry, trying to reclaim my feelings (I have chronic depression), so I can be alive again, fully, without holding back. I don't think I'll ever be someone who is full of explosive rage, that's just not who I am. But having some anger is just part of being a healthy human being, and I'd like to be healthy. And I think being angry at the pain that comes with being queer in a society that rejects us is a good reason to be angry.
    I'm allowed to be angry.

And now some cuteness to lighten the mood:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by Lycunadari; 2017-06-12 at 03:21 PM. Reason: added the cuteness
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shamash View Post

Basically what Juniper said. Straight people really were that horrible with regards to the AIDS crisis. And we very much have the right to be angry about that mistreatment, even today.
    LGBTA+itP

4. - Top - End - #964

So mistaking the two threads, it was suggested that I post here rather then in the other one. Forgive the copy/paste (for the third time now actually) but as I said elsewhere it took a lot for me to get this written out the first time and I really don;t know if I would be up for trying to write it out again...
    Less being ashamed and more just being shy I guess

In honor of Pride Month I figure it's as good a time as any to try talking about some things that I never really new how to address about myself, specifically in regard to sexual and gender identity. So much of the fear of bringing it up is less about worrying about ousting myself and getting excluded but rather actually in getting something wrong and offending the marginalized groups I might mistakenly try to identify with. But that's the thing, all of this is me trying to understand myself better so I have to understand while mistakes CAN be made bringing them out in the open and talking about them is the only way I probably will understand them better.

First on sexuality. I guess you can say that I identify as 'asexual', but I'm still a little grey on what that entails. Am I attracted to women over men? Solidly yes, but that too is not without it's caveat (more on that in the second point I guess. While the attraction is there I don't think I could ever say it's ever been sexual or even romantic attraction. Do I still desire relationships? Very much so, but I guess only in a platonic sense. Why is this one so hard to admit? Well I guess it has a lot to so with trust.It feels like what I have and feel is often also a tool used by those who do seek a romantic or sexual connection and constantly worry that people I interact with might see me in that way and put up walls just on suspicion. I don't know. I suppose the very concept of the 'Friend-zone' has really turned people toxic against the idea of platonic relationships.

Gender identity is trickier for me because for all the LGBTQ terms out there (and more being made all the time) 'm not at all sure where I fall. To get right to the point, I've never really been shy on how much I tend to identify with women and female characters, but I'm not really sure if I ever stressed by just how much Or rather, to take it from a different prospective, just how much I often CAN'T identify with men or male characters. This is disorienting to say the least. I mean it would be easy if I identified as female myself or something but I can pretty confidently say that that really isn't the case. At the same time though I continue to seek out female characters, female friends, or playing females in video games... and honestly I'm not 100% as to why. Actually though it's the other side of that that I find more worrying due to the deep discomfort I feel when dealing with men or things overtly masculine, it's arguably to the point where in interferes with my ability to function fluidly in society because more often then not being who or what I am being defaulted into working with men or masculine things is where society places me and I have no idea on how to do anything about that...

5. - Top - End - #965
    Halfling in the Playground

So I finally came out to my mom and my brothers (by email). I'm simultaneously immensely relieved that I don't have to keep them thinking that I'm male anymore and more stressed waiting to hear back than I was while waiting to find out if I got into grad school.

Even though I decided to tell them before my other relatives because they at least claim to be accepting, I'm still nervous. Probably mostly because I hate waiting on things I can't control.

Edit: My mom apparently already suspected I was trans. She's scared about me transitioning because of the amount of violence against trans people, but I can work with that. It's not like I'm not scared myself.
    Last edited by Nemirthel; 2017-06-13 at 11:24 AM.

6. - Top - End - #966
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

So I've slowly been coming out to my various family members. So far, two of my sisters, and they've both been really supportive and glad I told them, and they like my new name (Amber Deanna, for the record!) I still have one more sister and a brother to come out to, so... wish me luck on that front. My mom also kind of knows but she doesn't know I've been transitioning and living as Amber full-time.

And uh, here's a recent selfie of me. I've been on HRT for 10 months now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traab
    Yeah, its actually a downgrade for him because at first level he only had to be lawful.

7. - Top - End - #967
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post
    So I've slowly been coming out to my various family members. So far, two of my sisters, and they've both been really supportive and glad I told them, and they like my new name (Amber Deanna, for the record!) I still have one more sister and a brother to come out to, so... wish me luck on that front. My mom also kind of knows but she doesn't know I've been transitioning and living as Amber full-time.

Hey, looking nice!

And I like that name. Is cool. :)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

8. - Top - End - #968
    Ettin in the Playground

Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

9. - Top - End - #969

Quote Originally Posted by Nemirthel View Post
    So I finally came out to my mom and my brothers (by email). I'm simultaneously immensely relieved that I don't have to keep them thinking that I'm male anymore and more stressed waiting to hear back than I was while waiting to find out if I got into grad school.

Even though I decided to tell them before my other relatives because they at least claim to be accepting, I'm still nervous. Probably mostly because I hate waiting on things I can't control.

Edit: My mom apparently already suspected I was trans. She's scared about me transitioning because of the amount of violence against trans people, but I can work with that. It's not like I'm not scared myself.
    Congratulations on coming out-- and it's good to hear your mother's concerned but not (from what you've said) opposed to your transition. I hope your brothers are supportive!

Quote Originally Posted by Prospekt View Post

That's great! Glad your family has been fairly supportive, and hopefully your other sister and brother are supportive as well. You look great, by the way.
    Last edited by Comrade; 2017-06-16 at 01:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Orc in the Playground

Homosexuality has been around literally forever, and while you could say that awareness of other sexualities was low, by the time the AIDS crisis started that argument doesn't really hold (for reference, the stonewall riots were in 1969, and the CDC first published a report about AIDS in 1981.). And the thing is, that while there were of course straight people who helped and did their best, homophobia played a huge role in why so so many queer people died of AIDS. People ignored it, research was underfunded, straight people said AIDS was a punishment for being gay, bi men were blamed for spreading it to straight people, families refused to bury their dead gay sons... I think it's fair to characterise this as "They watched us die". Look up the history of AIDS, it's horrible but I think it is important for queer people to know this part of our history.

And anger is an important emotion, and trying to suppress it doesn't really work and isn't healthy at all anyway. Anger is powerful, anger can lead to change, to action. Anger is what makes us stand up in the face of injustice and say No, that's enough, I won't allow this any longer. Anger means being alive, and caring.
    I understand not liking anger, anger can be scary, and anger can seem mean and pointless. And for a long time, I didn't allow myself to be angry, ever, to the point where I wasn't sure if I even could get angry anymore. But that only lead me to redirect my feelings - to sadness, to fear, to shame - and these feelings aren't productive. They made me powerless, and hopeless. And suppressing one emotion messes up all your emotions, and is a great way to mess up your mental health.
    So now I'm trying to relearn being angry, trying to reclaim my feelings (I have chronic depression), so I can be alive again, fully, without holding back. I don't think I'll ever be someone who is full of explosive rage, that's just not who I am. But having some anger is just part of being a healthy human being, and I'd like to be healthy. And I think being angry at the pain that comes with being queer in a society that rejects us is a good reason to be angry.
    I'm allowed to be angry.

And now some cuteness to lighten the mood:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Basically what Juniper said. Straight people really were that horrible with regards to the AIDS crisis. And we very much have the right to be angry about that mistreatment, even today.
    But...But... But Anger leads to the dark side!

Praise the sun! \o/

I also have a DeviantArt now... Most are drafts of my D&D campaigns but if you want to take a look.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

All this talk about AIDS culpability got me to thinking about the age of the people who were making decisions at the time. 71 is how old the youngest possible person with any real input into the situation(35) would be today. 76 to 96 for the majority of people who would have been in office or controlling scientific and medical inst.

Basically everyone you'd meet under the age of about 60 was a child, not born yet, or still in their college years at the time things really started up in 1981. Anyone below the age of about 55 was a child. Anyone under the age of 36-37, was not yet born or was just born.

Mildly interesting, that.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2017-06-14 at 03:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

12. - Top - End - #972
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so, very little ptogress on my end, which is why I haven't posted in a while (don't even know the current topic, sorry). Still not out to my immediate famiky, let alone extended.

However, Lex-Kat just gave me two sets of breast forms, and I was hoping to find somewhere to buy some bras discreetly.

Edit: To clarify, my mom amd dad know, I just need to tell my siblings.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2017-06-17 at 06:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #973

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Okay, so, very little ptogress on my end, which is why I haven't posted in a while (don't even know the current topic, sorry). Still not out to my immediate famiky, let alone extended.

However, Lex-Kat just gave me two sets of breast forms, and I was hoping to find somewhere to buy some bras discreetly.

Edit: To clarify, my mom amd dad know, I just need to tell my siblings.
    Hey, good to hear from you again! Are you planning on coming out to the rest of your family? If so, good luck!
    Also, good luck with the bra buying! It can be hard to find one that's fitting comfortably, but there are some that are comfortable. (I've been told. Haven't worn a bra in years. )

--------

So, a funny thing happened. A few months ago, I was asking my mom what she thought of the name I was considering as my new middle name, without telling her that that's the reason I was asking her about it. She didn't particularly like it. So, since then I've been kind of agonising about how to tell her that I have decided I want that name as my new middle name without her complaining about it (as she did with my new first name, at first. She's good now.). And considering I'll get my new supplementary ID card soon, I can't put it off any longer. Yesterday I talked with her about a book we both read a few years ago, which has a character with the name. And today I told her that I need to think of new middle names (almost everyone in my family has two middle names) and without me saying anything else she suggested that name. I guess I worried about nothing.

(The name's Tristan, btw.)
    You can call me Juniper. Please use gender-neutral pronouns (ze/hir (preferred) or they/them) when referring to me.

"We all are vessels of our brokenness, we carry it inside us like water, careful not to spill. And what is wholeness if not brokenness encompassed in acceptance, the warmth of its power a shield against those who would hurt us?" - R. Lemberg, Geometries of Belonging

Stories Art

14. - Top - End - #974
    Ogre in the Playground

Tristan is a beautiful name :)

15. - Top - End - #975
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hey, good to hear from you again! Are you planning on coming out to the rest of your family? If so, good luck!
    Also, good luck with the bra buying! It can be hard to find one that's fitting comfortably, but there are some that are comfortable. (I've been told. Haven't worn a bra in years. )

--------

So, a funny thing happened. A few months ago, I was asking my mom what she thought of the name I was considering as my new middle name, without telling her that that's the reason I was asking her about it. She didn't particularly like it. So, since then I've been kind of agonising about how to tell her that I have decided I want that name as my new middle name without her complaining about it (as she did with my new first name, at first. She's good now.). And considering I'll get my new supplementary ID card soon, I can't put it off any longer. Yesterday I talked with her about a book we both read a few years ago, which has a character with the name. And today I told her that I need to think of new middle names (almost everyone in my family has two middle names) and without me saying anything else she suggested that name. I guess I worried about nothing.

(The name's Tristan, btw.)
    Hurray for accepting parents!

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ettin in the Playground

So...how would one go about looking for LGBTQ-friendly tailors?
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

No idea. I don't even know how to find a tailor to begin with.

Maybe I should take up sewing myself.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

18. - Top - End - #978
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: LGBTAI+ #58 Infinity 2.0: The Darth Arminius Apology Thread

Good new, everyone.

Earlier this week the chancelor of Germany made a statement that she thinks members of her ruling party should vote based on their individual decisions if there were a vote about introducing full same-sex marriage in Germany, instead of everyone being asked to vote according to the official party manifesto. All the other mainstream parties in the German parliament already support it and there are considerable number of people in the conservative party who are also for it.
    And in a surprising move someone managed to get a call for a vote on the agenda this friday, on the last day before parliament closes over the summer.

This comes really sudden and insanely quick. It's been 16 years since the Dutch made this step as (one of?) the first and it has always been a disgrace that German law always is so ridiculously slow in adapting to changing attitudes on social issues. I didn't really expect to see it happen within the next 10 years. And now it looks like we're probably getting it within less than week.

At the same time I find it somewhat worrisome that we have been denied a basic human right in this country because a single person was holding back the whole process. We could have been at this point 10 years ago. But I guess you should be greatful for what you get.

Drafting and introducing the law should be really easy compared to how difficult it usually can be to change laws. All you relly have to do is change the words "a man and a woman" into "two people" in the existing law and you're done with it. I am eagerly awaiting how this will turn out in friday.
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yora View Post
    Good new, everyone.

Earlier this week the chancelor of Germany made a statement that she thinks members of her ruling party should vote based on their individual decisions if there were a vote about introducing full same-sex marriage in Germany, instead of everyone being asked to vote according to the official party manifesto. All the other mainstream parties in the German parliament already support it and there are considerable number of people in the conservative party who are also for it.
    And in a surprising move someone managed to get a call for a vote on the agenda this friday, on the last day before parliament closes over the summer.

This comes really sudden and insanely quick. It's been 16 years since the Dutch made this step as (one of?) the first and it has always been a disgrace that German law always is so ridiculously slow in adapting to changing attitudes on social issues. I didn't really expect to see it happen within the next 10 years. And now it looks like we're probably getting it within less than week.

At the same time I find it somewhat worrisome that we have been denied a basic human right in this country because a single person was holding back the whole process. We could have been at this point 10 years ago. But I guess you should be greatful for what you get.

Drafting and introducing the law should be really easy compared to how difficult it usually can be to change laws. All you relly have to do is change the words "a man and a woman" into "two people" in the existing law and you're done with it. I am eagerly awaiting how this will turn out in friday.
    That rocks! Keep us updated.

Praise the sun! \o/

20. - Top - End - #980
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    So...how would one go about looking for LGBTQ-friendly tailors?
    It really depends on what you want out of the tailor, but a lot of the sewers I know are pretty LGBT friendly (myself included). If you're looking for trans specific stuff it's not so much that we're unfriendly as it's not something most people are trained for so I'd be sort of winging it.

One group that not only tend to be very LGBT friendly but also have a fair amount of experience with making odd requests are theatrical costumers. However they might not be taking commissions.

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    It really depends on what you want out of the tailor, but a lot of the sewers I know are pretty LGBT friendly (myself included). If you're looking for trans specific stuff it's not so much that we're unfriendly as it's not something most people are trained for so I'd be sort of winging it.

One group that not only tend to be very LGBT friendly but also have a fair amount of experience with making odd requests are theatrical costumers. However they might not be taking commissions.
    ~shrug~ Been getting a lot of adverts for a brand called Tomboy underwear which seems aimed at trans/enby customers, and I know of several LGBT focused stores around the town where I live that I could ask about other suppliers/brands, but as far as tailoring tailoring... I haven't used a real tailor myself in decades and wouldn't know where to begin.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My motto: Repensum Est Canicula.

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    I am not getting into a shootout with Golentan. Too many gun-arms.
    Leiningen will win, even if he must lose in the attempt.

Credit to Astrella for the new party avatar.

22. - Top - End - #982
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hi guys, it's me again. Still sad and depressed.

I went to YouTube to see the new #proud to be video, saw the comments and the dislikes, saw how horrible people can be.

Still going bald, still taking a medicine that may stop it in vain attempt to keep my hair that nature said it has to fall.

Still the same medicine may make me impotent, still wondering if that's good or bad.

Thinking about running away, knowing that I can't.

Still tuck on a dead end job, with no disposition to improve.

Still stuck with parents that hate me for who I’m.

Still lying and pretending.

I’m tired guys… I’m really really tired.

23. - Top - End - #983
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Luz View Post

I went to YouTube to see the new #proud to be video, saw the comments and the dislikes, saw how horrible people can be.

Still going bald, still taking a medicine that may stop it in vain attempt to keep my hair that nature said it has to fall.

Still the same medicine may make me impotent, still wondering if that's good or bad.

-hugs-

There are bad people in the world but there are also good ones and youtube comments are generally not the place to find the best of humanity. We can still be the best people we can be though and we can try to make the world better. Also any chance you could look at finding a better job? Possibly far away from your parents? Sometimes distance can help and its pretty socially acceptable to move away for a job. Can't help you with the hair loss and meds due to not being a doctor but talking to someone who is might be helpful.

24. - Top - End - #984
    Titan in the Playground

If you need someone to talk/vent to, feel free to send me a PM.

I'm here to listen.

Co-Founder of LUTAS.
    For all you lesser superheroes out there.

Custom STO avatar by Durkoala.

A novella about a wizard and a rock star, cross-dimensional travel, and healing wounds neither knew were there.

Spoiler: Online stuffs
    Show
    Lentrax has a Deviantart now, check it out!

Streaming Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11CST on Twitch.

Follow me on Twitter!

25. - Top - End - #985
    Orc in the Playground

That's sound really bad, no one should pass thought this, if you want to talk just PM me.
    Last edited by Shamash; 2017-06-29 at 06:45 PM.

Praise the sun! \o/

26. - Top - End - #986
    Orc in the Playground

Meanwhile, on twitter:

I have no words

DISCLAIMER: I do in fact have several words; they are, in order: meanwhile, on, twitter, I, have,
    no, words
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

27. - Top - End - #987
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sadly, I've know people who genuinely ask why there isn't a heterosexual pride day.

28. - Top - End - #988

Parliament voted in favour of marriage equality!!!

Stories Art

29. - Top - End - #989
    Titan in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: LGBTAI+ #58 Infinity 2.0: The Darth Arminius Apology Thread

Whooooo
    We are not standing on the shoulders of giants, but on very tall tower of other dwarves.

Spriggan's Den Heroic Fantasy Roleplaying

30. - Top - End - #990
    Dwarf in the Playground

I'm doing all the things this video tell me not to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Recherché View Post
    -hugs-

There are bad people in the world but there are also good ones and youtube comments are generally not the place to find the best of humanity. We can still be the best people we can be though and we can try to make the world better. Also any chance you could look at finding a better job? Possibly far away from your parents? Sometimes distance can help and its pretty socially acceptable to move away for a job. Can't help you with the hair loss and meds due to not being a doctor but talking to someone who is might be helpful.
    I know that, I don't usually read comments but for some reason I decided to scroll down and see, I really regret doing it.

I need to start my master degree, mean while I'm giving classes on a small university that cares more about money than doing real science, I feel I'm not qualified to give classes, my students don't really care about my classes.

A former teacher of mine who really believed in me and gave me a lot of support was helping me start my master in a great university but now she had to go away and left me in the hands of another professor who is really arrogant and annoying.

She asked me to do a pre-project, I was supposed to do it last month but I haven't even started and we are in the middle of the year. I just can’t get on writing, I feel nothing I do is good enough. I’m stuck.
    Last edited by Luz; 2017-06-30 at 05:28 PM.