New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 59 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1741
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: RWBY VIII: Well, THAT escalated quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Reddish Mage View Post
    Come now. The same scene Jaune hits on Weiss, Pyrra indicates her interest in joining Janie's team. The love triangle established! Two out of the three romantic pairing are clear from that one locker room scene, since Jaune's scene follows Nora/Ren (where Nora is clearly dropping hints and the together-together line).
    Hey I did not assume Nora wanted to have a relationship with Ren based off season 1 stuff. I just assumed she was a nervous person for I do stuff like that on girls I just want to have friends with, or boys I am non romantically attracted to but I am just socially nervous.

Aka kind of like a similar scene from Season 3 with Nora freaking out, but Season 1 Nora was at a different stage in the anxiety cycle where she has lots of nervous energy that has an outlet vs no outlet and thus Nora catastrophes for the future.

-----

I can see also that Nora may be romantically attracted to Ren in season 1, but assuming it to just be so is projection.

Now Jaune, Pyrra, and Weiss is clear as day.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Bugbear in the Playground

You are aware that Nora's theme song is about her being in love with Ren and not being able to spill it, aren't you? It's not really projection to think she's into him, so much as a simple understanding of the material.
    I do not think the way you think. If you try to apply your own mindset to the things I say, there will be miscommunications. If something I say seems odd to you or feels like it's missing steps, ask for clarification. I'm not some unreasonable, unknowable entity beyond your mortal comprehension, I'm just autistic and have memory problems.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    You are aware that Nora's theme song is about her being in love with Ren and not being able to spill it, aren't you? It's not really projection to think she's into him, so much as a simple understanding of the material.
    Nora's theme song is vol 2 / season 2. I was talking about my opinions at the time watching season 1.

Boop

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Nora's theme song is vol 2 / season 2. I was talking about my opinions at the time watching season 1.

Boop
    Doesn't Season 1 also establish that Ren's comfortable just wearing a towel near her.

It's very very silly to assume they aren't at least aware they're interested in each other, it's just not focused on.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Doesn't Season 1 also establish that Ren's comfortable just wearing a towel near her.

It's very very silly to assume they aren't at least aware they're interested in each other, it's just not focused on.
    Pretty sure that's season 2, Ren was dragged in there against his will, and Nora isn't the only one in the room. But watching season 1 it's evident that the two are closer and more familiar than a pair of friends. (I actually preferred when we didn't know Nora's entire life begins and ends at 'Ren got me off the streets so i wanna f#$@ him'). Nora's interest in Ren is pretty clear right from their first scene together (but not together-together, not that Ren isn't handsome cuz he is, but *internal screaming*) while Ren's is less immediately obvious.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

You are mixing up season 1 and season 2. Season 2 has the scene where Jaune kidnaps Ren from the bathroom while Ren only has a towel on and Ren desperatly wants to get dressed. Season 2 also has the dance scene and dance dance inflitration.

There is a scene in Season 1 where Nora wakes up Ren right before the big day and Nora is superexcited and is talking and Ren is rolling up his sleeping pad, brushing his teeth in the bathroom, and eating pancakes. In all of those scenes Ren is wearing his green outfit (aka he slept in it, he brushes his teeth in it, he does not change, and then he goes adventuring in it). Remember Season 1 has almost no budget for example NPCs on the street are purposefully blacked out in Season 1 to make the animation and reusue budget for non important characters cheaper to perform.

Here is Ren and Nora moments from Season 1 and 2 in sequential time order. It is at 2:30 they swap from Season 1 (the team JNPR is named) to the Season 2 stuff like the food fight and the almost naked Ren.

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

You are mixing up season 1 and season 2. Season 2 has the scene where Jaune kidnaps Ren from the bathroom while Ren only has a towel on and Ren desperatly wants to get dressed. Season 2 also has the dance scene and dance dance inflitration.

There is a scene in Season 1 where Nora wakes up Ren right before the big day and Nora is superexcited and is talking and Ren is rolling up his sleeping pad, brushing his teeth in the bathroom, and eating pancakes. In all of those scenes Ren is wearing his green outfit (aka he slept in it, he brushes his teeth in it, he does not change, and then he goes adventuring in it). Remember Season 1 has almost no budget for example NPCs on the street are purposefully blacked out in Season 1 to make the animation and reusue budget for non important characters cheaper to perform.

Here is Ren and Nora moments from Season 1 and 2 in sequential time order. It is at 2:30 they swap from Season 1 (the team JNPR is named) to the Season 2 stuff like the food fight and the almost naked Ren.

I feel the need to reiterate that Nora's crush on Ren is obvious even in that superexcited montage scene.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I feel the need to reiterate that Nora's crush on Ren is obvious even in that superexcited montage scene.
    Well FINE THEN, I am just oblivious for I had platonic relationships where I was the Ren in the relationship and the Nora in the relationship was not into me in a romantic fashion. And even the first scene establishes they known each other for so long.

Sorry I could not see the super secret sexual subtext that everyone else can see.

(Roland00 now dials down his drama meter before the drama gasket breaks ). But yeah Season 2 Nora was obviously into Ren and not just due to the song but due to dozens of things. Season 1 I can see as platonic friendship.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Firbolg in the Playground

Doesn't the song actually say that she's been friends with him all these years and only now falling for him suddenly?
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Well FINE THEN, I am just oblivious for I had platonic relationships where I was the Ren in the relationship and the Nora in the relationship was not into me in a romantic fashion. And even the first scene establishes they known each other for so long.

Sorry I could not see the super secret sexual subtext that everyone else can see.

(Roland00 now dials down his drama meter before the drama gasket breaks ). But yeah Season 2 Nora was obviously into Ren and not just due to the song but due to dozens of things. Season 1 I can see as platonic friendship.
    Your platonic friends follow you into the bathroom and comment on how hot you are?

And yeah it did get more blatant in S2, and ESPECIALLY in S3 onward.

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Ettin in the Playground

Your platonic friends follow you into the bathroom and comment on how hot you are?

And yeah it did get more blatant in S2, and ESPECIALLY in S3 onward.
    As a gay man, the answer to this question is yes. Both by straight men, and gay men who I have always been platonic with.

And woman have done similar things except not involving the bathroom, but with me asking fashion advice in a clothing store and such...So ha

One point he just went in there to brush his teeth and I do not recall victorian rules of culture and bathrooms ever being mentioned yes like that or no like that in RWBY.

https://www.livescience.com/54692-wh...egregated.html

So ha.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

The takeaway I got from that is Ramza must be actually pretty hot

The best I get is an occasional "look good" or "your cute" and never from straight guys
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Titan in the Playground

As a gay man, the answer to this question is yes. Both by straight men, and gay men who I have always been platonic with.

And woman have done similar things except not involving the bathroom, but with me asking fashion advice in a clothing store and such...So ha

One point he just went in there to brush his teeth and I do not recall victorian rules of culture and bathrooms ever being mentioned yes like that or no like that in RWBY.

https://www.livescience.com/54692-wh...egregated.html

So ha.
    Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

The best I get is an occasional "look good" or "your cute" and never from straight guys
    Never been called good-lookin' (in person, anyway). I've been flirted with by maybe 5 or 6 people; of those only one of them was someone I knew as a "platonic friend", and I'm pretty sure she did it on a dare.

Granted, that's in large part because I spend most of my time online.

Extended Sig

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Ettin in the Playground

Imagine a male Anne Hathaway in the Princess Diaries. Note I am not saying I am hot like anne hathaway (for Anne is hot), I am actually very normal looking. But let me keep on telling my story.

What I am saying is that I can clean up good, but often I am not in the state of looking good in normal life for it is a lot of work. But with a little work (I do not think little is the right word here) I can look good, and my friends both male and female notice it and they do not understand the dichotomy of the before and after, and why this stuff is hard for me but for them it may be effortless.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ettin in the Playground

Wow the RWBY chibi drama, in the most recent episode that posted today....well the drama between uncle Qrow and Taiyang is creepy for the same stuff just recently happened in my family life. Sigh Family Drama But Uncle Qrow -------

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well we got the Blake 5 trailer... and it looks like somethings have changed. And some haven't.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

Well that was certainly five minutes long.

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Troll in the Playground

I keep noticing
    Spoiler: Not really a spoiler...
    Show
    Illia is doing this long drawing out of words and forced whisper as she tells her tragic backstory, much like Pyrrha does when she complains about not being able to get a date to the dance

I am trying to figure out if there's something going on between Illia and Blake at the end of the short and what that's supposed to be about.

Spoiler: Can you really spoil a short?
    Show
    Shooting above instead of at Blake suggests Illia is having mercy, and displaying her face likewise. They have this bit where they both kinda both gasp and glare at each other, so I'm guessing we're going to a never-completed friendship breakup and the two are going to meet later to exchange recriminations and political views with each other? Probably while fighting.
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

It kind of shows that people like Ilia turn to the White Fang because they think there's no other way out of their lot in life, and that's something Blake will have to change if she's to reclaim the organization from Sienna.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

I am trying to figure out if there's something going on between Illia and Blake at the end of the short and what that's supposed to be about.
    I feel like that would be easier if we knew anything material about Ilia, but this is probably the most we've ever learned about her. To tell the truth, I don't even remember if or when her name was mentioned in volume 4, up until now I've just mentally cataloged her as "Chameleon Girl."

While it's good to learn about who this person is and why the White Fang seems attractive to so many Faunus, it's just a shame that it's so exposition-heavy.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Is it just me, or does everyone delivering their backstory in this show sound exactly the same? Blake when talking to Sun, Yang when talking to Blake, and now the Chameleon-girl. They've always got this faraway, slow voice and stare off into the distance.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Is it just me, or does everyone delivering their backstory in this show sound exactly the same? Blake when talking to Sun, Yang when talking to Blake, and now the Chameleon-girl. They've always got this faraway, slow voice and stare off into the distance.
    Eh, that's pretty standard for profound "Here's why I am who I am" backstory expositions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #1043

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Eh, that's pretty standard for profound "Here's why I am who I am" backstory expositions.
    It's not just you. It's an implicit attempt to imitate a sort of wistful, far away tone that actual anime has sometimes. It does not work in English.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

It's not just you. It's an implicit attempt to imitate a sort of wistful, far away tone that actual anime has sometimes. It does not work in English.
    I've seen the same technique used in plenty of english-language works. Like here for example. Inigo is at least looking at the Man in Black for most of his speech (this is more of a conversation than normal), but the slow voice, wistful music, ect is still there, and he looks away near the end.
    Last edited by BRC; 2017-09-07 at 03:59 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    I've seen the same technique used in plenty of english-language works. Like here for example. Inigo is at least looking at the Man in Black for most of his speech, but the slow voice, wistful music, ect is still there, and he looks away near the end.
    Okay fair it's more of a technique in general. I guess I just see it a lot in anime.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ettin in the Playground

Okay fair it's more of a technique in general. I guess I just see it a lot in anime.
    So often in anime...

Huh, I guess the practice paid off? Anime can usually do this sort of thing pretty well.

...I didn't like this short, not cause of content or anything (that's fine) but because it pokes a hole in my theories regarding Blake's storyline.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Titan in the Playground

I don't hate the short, but it strikes as more of a Iliya short than a Blake short. It also killed my theory on how Sun's Semblance works and there's still a lot of awkward animation and shots that feel weak.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2017-09-07 at 04:19 PM.

Extended Sig

28. - Top - End - #1048

Incidently I find it laughable that kids could look at Ilia and not immediately make fun of her. Sure, they can't tell those are random chameleon scales on her face for some reason, but she's got a messed up vitiligo or whatever face.

I've seen kids getting ferociously dunked on for having frackles. I'm not saying it's impossible, but acting as if it erases all of her suffering is silly.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, I found those scenes all pretty annoying, though I think that comes from a more general dislike of exposition. Admittedly, more a matter of personal taste rather than any failing writing-wise. The Yang/Blake one was probably the one I disliked the least because it was related to something that was currently going on in the story, and was more about Yang trying to emotionally connect to Blake rather than info-dumping her backstory.

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    ...I didn't like this short, not cause of content or anything (that's fine) but because it pokes a hole in my theories regarding Blake's storyline.
    Which would those be? Just out of curiosity.

I don't hate the short, but it strikes as more of a Iliya short than a Blake short. It also killed my theory on how Sun's Semblance works and there's still a lot of awkward animation and shots that feel weak.
    Sun's cloning Semblance? Going off Journey to the West, they must be made of individual strands of his hair. So, logically if someone shaves Sun's head, it would result in a massive legion of clones!

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Fury View Post
    Sun's cloning Semblance? Going off Journey to the West, they must be made of individual strands of his hair. So, logically if someone shaves Sun's head, it would result in a massive legion of clones!
    My theory was that he needed to hold a particular stance with his hands and feet in order to create and maintain the clones. (you'll notice that he clasps his hands together whenever they come out of him). They're very similar to Blake's shadow clones, and much better to attack someone, BUT they also require more concentration to use and root him in place. Blake's clones are good for quick escapes, Sun's are good for standing your ground.

And then he went forward and did things together with his clones.

Extended Sig