New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    Somewhere in China
    If Seji knew what Narsica was thinking, he'd probably agree with the possibility that something was wrong with her. As the six arrows speed towards him, Seji calmly raises a hand.

"El Escudo."

A translucent barrier of light forms in front of him, just long enough to stop the arrows. Seji looks genuinely concerned.

"Are you all right? I know a few psychologists..."
    Somewhere in China
    "....Whats a sai-call-low-gist? Is it some sort of fighter that uses a sai called to their hand and aims for the low part of their foes body?"
    The field of psychology is approx. a century younger than her, and a guerrilla fighter who was hiding in Hueco Mundo all that time probably has never heard of something like that.
    "But to answer the important question-HIRENKYAKU WHIRLWIND!"
    Suddenly she charges forward her two lower arms slashing Seji so fast that one can only see after-images of the arms attempting to attack him.
    -No...No, I don't think I am."
    I mean, Shinigami didn't have any plunder or gold to take from, so as a pirate there was no reason to attack them, logically speaking. Generally, a pirate did not attack the proper authorities. They avoided them and attacked people who had valuable things, and all Shinigami had were like....stupid swords with spirits in them and false living bodies. What kind of plunder was that?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2016-12-04 at 03:50 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ettin in the Playground

[Through the Void]

"No", comes a plain reply. The creature keeps walking in silence for a while. Then, while the darkness remains absolute, Senshi can tell the terrain has changed again. The air is arid, heavy and oppressive in ways Earth simply can't be. The red flickering beneath the creature's feet ceases and is replaced by the sound of feet grinding against sand.

"Your viewpoint is that of a mystic, Shinigami. It implicitly denies the possibility of true empathy", the creature continues all of a sudden. "We find such arguments cheap. Understanding is cheap. Experience is merely information. It can be encoded and transferred from individual to another in hundreds of different ways. Certainly, there are Hollows who cannot understand, or feel, various things. Your nation is allied with one such creature. But those barriers are their own flaws, not some general rule of existence."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

3. - Top - End - #423
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

China

Seji Shunpo's out of the way, appearing on a nearby building as Narsica plows into where he was just standing.

"A psychologist is someone who... well... examines your mind and what you're thinking, then, if there's anything wrong with it, they can... try to fix it, or give you the ability to fix it for yourself."

"By the way, if you can't stop yourself, I shall have to restrain you. I'd really prefer not to do that."

---

Through the Void

Senshi doesn't reply for a time. He then sighs, and replies.

"Although I suppose what you call true empathy is possible, your's is the entirely wrong way to go about it. One shouldn't think of emotions as information, but as emotions. You must understand another's feelings, and feel them as your own. You think of this mechanically. Think of it spiritually."

4. - Top - End - #424
    Ettin in the Playground

[Through the Dark]

"Emotions are information too. They are artefacts of your six senses, caused by internal and external stimuli, as you pass through past, present and future", the creature replies as their journey in the inky blackness continues. "They are mechanical effects of the world you live in just like your current shape is. Mistaking such things for the spirit is how Hollows are born."

5. - Top - End - #425

NecromancerGuy

Senshi grins. The creature has fallen right into his trap.

"Ah, but just because emotions are information, which they technically are, does not mean you should think of them as such. If you want to truly be able to understand people, you must see beyond a clinical view, and see things as they are truly, as something separate from mere information."
    Last edited by King539; 2016-12-05 at 09:30 PM.

6. - Top - End - #426
    Ettin in the Playground

"They are nothing more than that. That is a truth, and failure to see that creates Hollows", the creature responds impassively. Senshi can feel a rustling of sand and a breeze pushing past them. Once more, they are approaching an opening of some sort, but again, only darkness can be seen. "Everything in existence consists of energy and information. The former is shapeless and limitless on its own; the latter is what constrains it, gives it shape, forges an appearance of the causal world, in turn giving rise to the appearance that there is a 'you', who has 'emotions' and is separate from other things. The beginning of true empathy is acknowledging that all things are of the same substance; that all things arise from and shade into each other, being part of the same whole."

7. - Top - End - #427

NecromancerGuy

"Rather depressing, but I suppose you have a point." Well there's a surprise.

"I do, however, believe that your approach to this is still overly... clinical."

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by King539 View Post
    China

Seji Shunpo's out of the way, appearing on a nearby building as Narsica plows into where he was just standing.

"A psychologist is someone who... well... examines your mind and what you're thinking, then, if there's anything wrong with it, they can... try to fix it, or give you the ability to fix it for yourself."

"By the way, if you can't stop yourself, I shall have to restrain you. I'd really prefer not to do that."
    "Ah. Ok then. I'll try."
    She then seems to begin some weird attempt to restrain herself, her body clearly twitching and fighting against itself as if she was trying to stop herself from doing some obsessive-compulsive desire. Inside her head she is yelling at her two voices to cut it out. They didn't want to. Shinigami needed to die. Narsica responds back that this Shinigami just wants to foolishly help her, and she couldn't be a pirate to plunder anything for herself if she needed help from someone else. If she took advantage of whatever reason why the Shinigami wanted to help her, she could get fixed with whatever is wrong with her then go off to do her own thing afterwards. It'll only be a temporary alliance, since they were authorities, it not as if her and those ever had a good relationship in life or in death. It was in her best self-interest to go along with this.
    Yes, but then we wouldn't be killing all shinigami. But what is even the POINT of killing all shinigami? Do they have any good valuables? No? Then its pointless! Now stop being doing this before I do something crazy to make you stop! The two voices at this, settle down......for now.

Soon after the transformation runs out and she suddenly becomes her normal form again, falling down onto a rooftop, still in her mummy wrap bandages. She pants as she stands up again, with a crazy smirk on her face
    "......Hello....m'names......Narsica Hella Zoraida. The Red Whirlwind. Or at least I think I was before....what happened? Things are still scrambled up here y'know, Seņor Shinigami. Had nothing but the voices in my head to speak so far, so I guess it'll be great having another person around to help me figure all this stuff out. And what to do after."
    Though she already had a few ideas about that. Revenge being one of those.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

[Through the Dark]

"Maybe", the creature respons. Senshi can feel it shrugging its shoulders.

Then, it stops. Senshi can feel the heavy, oppressive air drifting past them into some greater space. It's like they're teetering on the brink of some great abyss. "Our welcome here is wearing thin, but before we leave... out of curiosity, do you know where we are?"

10. - Top - End - #430

NecromancerGuy

China

Seji smiles and extends a hand. "I'm Seji Kodai, Acting Captain of the Seireitei's Medicine and Logistics Division. Pleased to meet you, Seņorita Zoraida."

"So, which would you prefer first: targets, or a psychologist?"

---
    Through the Dark

Senshi thinks for a moment. "I... don't really know. Maybe... Hueco Mundo? Maybe?

11. - Top - End - #431
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere in China
    "Well see, the reason why I wanted the targets was to figure out my powers. And the story behind is that well-long story short: I was out in Hueco Mundo, searching for fools to eat to become Vastro Lorde, even though they were becoming oddly rare these days, when suddenly I wake up in a stupid mummy wrap thing not knowing where I am, this weird stuff was like injected into my everything, suddenly I knew strange things yet didn't know them at the same time, and suddenly there was this voice in my head trying to make me obedient to someone. So I was like, "screw that!" and then broke out, jumped away from a bunch of mountains and now I'm in this strange metal city full of people I presume to be asian, carriages with no horses, moving pictures, lots of stuff that don't make sense.

So I grabbed some parchment and a superquill and started writing stuff down to like, make sense of the shape of what I have become, but kept hitting a wall, so I tried testing out my powers to the max to like, figure out what I am, and then you came along. and I might have a theory of what that is, thanks to you, like, blocking my attacks.

I am not an Arrancar. Those make sense. I don't. I don't have shinigami-ness. I have Quincy-ness. My Resurreccion is stored in a Cross, replacing the zanpakuto. Therefore logically, if my knowledge of Spanish is correct, I must call myself....a Disparar!"

She says maniacally, spreading her hands outwards as if to show herself. As if that explained everything. She didn't know what her powers entailed quite yet, but it was good to have an accurate enough name for it. Also, she didn't really answer your question, well maybe not directly...

12. - Top - End - #432
    Ettin in the Playground

[Through the Dark]

"This is the Forest of Menos", the creature answers, "Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say this was the Forest of Menos. Only a century ago, these caves held a hundred giants for each Shinigami in existence. Now there are close to none."

Senshi can feel the creature is moving its arm, gesturing at unseen walls and stone pylons. How it can perceive them remains a mystery to him.

"One might think that against such overwhelming odds, Shinigami should've surely lost. Yet you didn't. Indeed, such balance remained in place for hundreds of years. The world didn't end, in fact, it was never in danger of ending."

The creature lets its hand drop. "We know what rhetoricians on your side were saying. They said you were at war. But nothing could be further from the truth. Like your 'obligation' to stand and fight, it was founded on a false premise. Menos Grande are not animals. They are not living things. They fight for neither sustenance nor survival."

"We've seen countless of beings tripping themselves on that. They came to the Forest and threw their weight around. Tried to establish dominance. Tried to make themselves powerful and scary. But all that did was attract endless hordes of opponents to them and they died fighting a futile fight."

"The survivors were those who learned to hide their presence, to walk away from the hopeless fight. Those who realized the hunger of Menos is not for food, but for completeness. They were created from masses of Hollows throwing themselves at each other in the vain hope of fixing the holes in their souls. In turn, they would gladly be destroyed by a stronger opponent if that would give some hope of achieving that dream."

"Menos are not predators. We don't prey on the weak. We are not repelled by strength. There was never any chance of us going after someone who can't fight back. We have no use for weak souls."

13. - Top - End - #433
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Somewhere in Kunlun mountains]

The wolf-masked Hollow listens to the message as it rapidly descends the slope. "Lobo? Well that's a name I could almost accept being called with", it speaks to the butterfly. "And if it wasn't already obvious, I'm large and in charge! The top dog! The god-damned Alpha!"

"... and I have no option but to follow you around like a puppy on a leash. Okay. Lead the way, bug."

. . .

"Woof."
    Kunlun Mountain Foothills

At last, the butterfly comes to a stop, resting itself on the errant branch of a windblown shrub. Its wings flutter slowly, cooling its body from the many miles of hard work behind it. A less significant feat for a creature thousands of times its size, to be sure, but for such a very small one, any journey worth taking must begin with a thousand steps.

The jigokucho abruptly vanishes, reappearing near Lobo's shoulder, while a Glasgow grin of mangled teeth wavers into view above the branch where it had landed. A circle of unnaturally blue flames opens like a mouth, ushering forth first an unnecessarily large hand, then a second, a third and a fourth, which plant themselves on the ground and haul through a spindly, oversized body, barely visible within a deep black cloak. Two hands pin the cloak closed as it steps into the mortal world, its face obscured by a nearly nondescript white mask that leaves its overly wide mouth uncovered.

"So this is where that delicious smell was coming from," it lilts melodiously, making no attempt to introduce itself. "All these souls, ripe for the plucking... and the mashing... and the grinding..." the thing grinds its teeth together as it speaks, causing bits of otherworldly dentine to come loose and spill onto the ground between it and the Lobo. "Die gently, would you, little doggy? I wouldn't want to spoil the flesh with your flailing."

14. - Top - End - #434
    Ettin in the Playground

[Foothills of the Kunlun mountains]

The wolf-masked Hollow warrior stares at this apparition and lets out a barking laughter. "Hahaha! Sorry, no. I'm on a trip to fetch my pal's bike. He'd be mighty pissed if I screwed that up, and he's a lot scarier than you are. Heck, his house is right around the corner!" Lobo points its thumb at the mountaintop behind it. "If you start messing with me, he might even come and take care you himself. Just save both of us from a futile fight and go eat a human village or something."

15. - Top - End - #435
    Dwarf in the Playground

The thing with the harlequin limbs doesn't even wait for the hollow to finish speaking, roughly cutting him off with a swipe through the air from one of its overly reaching hands. The tips of its claws glow bright yellow, giving off reiatsu like a dangerously too-concentrated cero. "La la la," it lilts. "Too many words, not enough action! I came out to play, not to banter!"

"Bleed for me, hollow!" A swirl of shadows overtakes where it was, leaving behind nothing as it closes the gap between them with a speed far too enthusiastic. A brilliantly glowing claw swipes inward, threatening to rend the wolf-masked hollow in two.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2016-12-10 at 08:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #436

NecromancerGuy

Random City in China

Seji blinks. Then blinks again. Though it may appear as though he is simply confused by Narsica's... strange monologue, he is actually mentally cataloguing every word she said.

"So... a psychologist then?"

Seji draws his sword and opens a Senkaimon, a hell butterfly flying in from offscreen.

---

The Forest of Menos

Senshi stars into the middle distance thoughtfully. "Huh. Okay then. Where would purification of Menos and Hollows fit into this whole big thing? Why, for example, aren't you just allowing me to purify you?"

17. - Top - End - #437
    Ettin in the Playground

[Foothills of Kunlun mountains]

The weird creature's attack is halted an arm's length away from the Hollow by a transparent yellow wall. The Hollow sighs "You really should've picked the human village." With its free hand, it's trying to cup the Jigokucho in its palm so it won't get blown away by what's to come.

High up the slope, two dozen red lights flash. That can't be a sign of anything good.

---

[Through the Dark]

"That's for yourself to answer", the snake-haired creature notes... and steps into the abyss, as Senshi can tell from suddenly being in freefall through seemingly limitless black space.

18. - Top - End - #438
    Titan in the Playground

Somewhere In China To Seireitei
    "Yes, the Thought-Doctor. Lets go."
    She waltzes on in. What strange names people have for jobs. So complicated! Maybe they should be called Mindwrights. That is what she'd called them. Keeps a mind afloat, patches them up, seems fitting. While she seems uncaring, she starts paying a lot of attention to the environment around her. It might be useful to memorize the Seireitei as she goes through and observing what its like. She didn't know what was wrong with her but this guy thought it was her head. What did the voices think?
    The Quincy voice claims that was nonsense, the Hollow part of her was the problem. The Hollow voice claims that Quincy part was what was wrong. Of course.

19. - Top - End - #439

NecromancerGuy

Falling Through the Dark

"I... don't... really... understand... what... you... mean... by... that...", says Senshi, struggling to speak over the whistling of the wind.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    LR, I posted in the Spirit World.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ettin in the Playground

"Don't worry. By the end, you will understand", the snake on the creature's shoulder hisses, "or you will cease to exist."

And then the fall comes to a sudden stop. To the creature, with its metallic body and relative lack of injuries, it is a non-issue. To Senshi's injured body, it might be a different story, as the impact's equivalent to falling on a stone floor from a hundred meters.

21. - Top - End - #441

NecromancerGuy

Senshi hits the ground. Hard. Blood slowly spreads out from under him as he quickly slips away into unconsciousness, or even death. One might even feel sorry for him.

Ouch.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ettin in the Playground

The creature keeps carrying Senshi to destinations unknown as it feels his body go limp. As Senshi slips out of the waking world, a vision intrudes his mind. He's walking through the dark, on a road which disappears behind him, and leads nowhere, only existing beneath his feet. Ahead of himself, he can see a juicy, red apple... but before he can reach to take a bite, some hideous black wyrm breaks through the surface of the apple. As he watches, the thing eats through the apple bite by bite, untill none of it is left and the wyrm coils around itself, gnawing its own tail in frustration.

---

[Indeterminate time later; Fortress on Kunlun mountains]

Senshi is shocked awake by a bucketful of cold water splashing against his face. "Wakey wakey, Sleeping Beauty! Prince Charming has business with you! Don't force me to get in there and kiss you!"

The voice belongs to an unfamiliar man in black biker jacket. His face is obscured by white bandages. Senshi is looking at him through heavy iron bars. While he was unconscious, Senshi was placed in a small stone cell in the basement of some stone building, and the sun is shining into his eyes from a small window near the ceiling. He's lying on a simple wooden bunk. Someone's taken off his shirt and bandaged his wounds. The bandages are wrapped tight and feel weirdly clingy - Senshi might not know it, but they're of the same sort used to aid a Hollow turning into Arrancar.

His Zanpakuto is nowhere in sight.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Foothills of Kunlun mountains]

When the lanky sinner's brilliant yellow claw strikes the negacion wall, it produces the strangest and most grating sound. A terrible skittering shriek, like glass scratching on glass and tiny chittering birds, so loud it threatens to break eardrums. Its mouth bends into a wider grin than before, its skull surely distending to accommodate the gesture. All the while, it sings in an unearthly tone, the words of which are lost to the screeching of two negacion fields vying against one another.

Something catches the creature's eye and it leaps back, cooing, "Ooooh! Ah?" The balas have arrived, raining down onto where it stands. One strikes the earth, throwing dirt and stone and dust into the air. Another strikes the ground again, amplifying the debris. Four explosions, five, six, and... silence. Certainly not twenty-four. A lilting laughter catches on the air. "You thought-- hee hee! You thought balas would be enough for me?" the sinner asks, its voice warbling from joy, nearly cracking from barely contained laughter. "Go to Hell, we'll show you a real good time."

When the dust clears, there stands the togabito, the palms of its many hands glowing yellows like the dying embers of a strange fire, poised to catch bullets. Its jaw works hard, shearing off pieces of its own teeth, which fall to the ground below. Its cloak flutters in the wind.
    Last edited by Ammutseba; 2016-12-13 at 06:44 AM.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ettin in the Playground

Lobo looks at the yellow fire in the creature's hands. Then it looks at the barrier created by its own hand. Then back at the creature.

"Meh. Mine's bigger still", Lobo says with a shrug. And then the barrier is gone as Lobo's hand shoots to the handle of one of the swords its carrying. "Let's do this then. One sword, maximum effort." Lobo does not sound enthusiastic about that "effort" part.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Dwarf in the Playground

The togabito's mouth opens, revealing a second set of teeth still set into a grin. Despite this, it speaks unimpaired, "Good, effort, good!" Two hands clap for Lobo, applauding him, while the other two come alight with an overly bright yellow shine. "But more passion! Say it again now, with feeling!" it chatters, encouraging the hollow to more.

As if unafraid of the consequences, the creature charges at Lobo, arms flailing in a chaos of furious swipes.

26. - Top - End - #446

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: For Length
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    The creature keeps carrying Senshi to destinations unknown as it feels his body go limp. As Senshi slips out of the waking world, a vision intrudes his mind. He's walking through the dark, on a road which disappears behind him, and leads nowhere, only existing beneath his feet. Ahead of himself, he can see a juicy, red apple... but before he can reach to take a bite, some hideous black wyrm breaks through the surface of the apple. As he watches, the thing eats through the apple bite by bite, untill none of it is left and the wyrm coils around itself, gnawing its own tail in frustration.

---

[Indeterminate time later; Fortress on Kunlun mountains]

Senshi is shocked awake by a bucketful of cold water splashing against his face. "Wakey wakey, Sleeping Beauty! Prince Charming has business with you! Don't force me to get in there and kiss you!"

The voice belongs to an unfamiliar man in black biker jacket. His face is obscured by white bandages. Senshi is looking at him through heavy iron bars. While he was unconscious, Senshi was placed in a small stone cell in the basement of some stone building, and the sun is shining into his eyes from a small window near the ceiling. He's lying on a simple wooden bunk. Someone's taken off his shirt and bandaged his wounds. The bandages are wrapped tight and feel weirdly clingy - Senshi might not know it, but they're of the same sort used to aid a Hollow turning into Arrancar.

His Zanpakuto is nowhere in sight.

Senshi bolts upright, then gasps in pain at his broken ribs.

"Damn wyrm..."

He then remembers that he's awake, and almost leaps out of his skin.

"Who? What? Where? How?"

27. - Top - End - #447
    Ettin in the Playground

[Kunlun mountain foothills]

Lobo ducks past the flailing arms and draws its sword with preternatural quickness, aiming to sever both arms at the elbow with one, clean blow. It wasn't lying - it is swinging its sword with as much speed and force as it can with one hand, as the other is still keeping the butterfly safe.

Lobo does so fully expecting the arms to grow back. This level of recklessness is only characteristic of opponents who think they can heal from any wound. In some cases, annoyingly enough, it isn't even mere arrogance speaking.

---

[Up in the Fortress]

The bandaged man spreads his arms, bucket still hanging in his left hand. Tje front of his jacket is open partway, and Senshi can see his torso is covered in bandages under it as well. There's also some kind of silver necklace hanging around his neck.

"Who? The man of your dreams. Where? In my house. What? You've been arrested. Your crime: being a sucker. How..."

The stranger sets the bucket down, draws a chair close to the bars and sits opposite to Senshi, hands leaning on knees. "... you know how. It would be funny to claim your fight with that Hollow, that whole trip through Forest of Menos, and me dressing you in women's clothes, were all a fever-induced hallucinations. Just to see your face. But no, it all really happened, I'm afraid."

Pause.

"Now, my turn. What's your name and rank?"
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-12-13 at 04:27 PM.

28. - Top - End - #448

NecromancerGuy

Senshi slowly leans back against the wall, possibly even more confused than before.

"I'm Senshi Hoshigaki, 4th Seat of the COmbat Division, Guerilla Squad. And you are?"

29. - Top - End - #449
    Ettin in the Playground

"Me? Well you might as well call me Hishikawa Setsurou. 'Cause, now that I got you completely at my mercy, I'm going to offer you a job, let you out, and give you your sword. Hell, I might even really be him in disguise", the man says with complete seriousness. Then, after a brief pause, he begins chuckling and slaps his knees.

"Ha ha. Sorry. That would be ridiculous. I'm just kidding."

The man stands up and goes to fetch two piles of clothes. As he turns his back to him, Senshi can see the back of his jacket has a white, circular emblem of a snake-dragon-thing biting its own tail.

"Since your old clothes got torn up and soaked in blood, I thought you might want some new ones. We had a few spares lying around, so. Do you prefer white or black?"

The bandaged man puts both sets of clothes on the floor before Senshi.

The one on the right appears to be cut like a modern military uniform, consisting of a jacket and trousers made of white cloth, with black buttons. There's also a beret and a gas mask and a pair of black marching boots. The hat has a black pentacle emblem attached to it. Tucked among the clothes is a silver necklace with a similar pentacle hanging from it.

The second on the left looks a lot like Senshi's old uniform, consisting of a black shirt and hakama, with a red sash to tie around the waist and carry a sword with. There's also a black, lacquered sheath for a katana, though the sword itself is missing, and a pair of socks and sandals. Oh, and a mask, half black, half white, large enough to cover all of Senshi's face, with no obvious holes for eyes, mouth or nose.

30. - Top - End - #450
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Kunlun Mountain foothills]

Its hands were hidden. Not the two swinging wildly for Lobo, but the other two under its cloak. As the blade comes across, one hand shoots out from underneath the cloak, grabbing the sword as one would a simple stick. Its momentum is brought to a halt. All that effort, gone the instant the embers of the togabito's third hand touches the blade: maximum to zero in nothing flat.

The thing's other two hands swing wildly with overhand, hook and haymaker-like motions, all amidst the musical cackling and screeching of their owner. At the same time, the other hand shoots out from under its cloak, claws drenched in a dripping yellow corruption of a cero, its reiatsu somehow hidden from unfocused senses.