New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

It's a good thing Shinji's recent discovery of his supernatural heritage has given him a different reserve of energy to tap into.

That's the good news. The bad news is, compared to the boundless energy of mother Earth, his is incredibly more limited.

Of course, even a mountain looks small when it's pitted against a planet.

"Chuck. This house is... connected to the Earth in a deep and twisted way. Von Geister has... corrupted a Dragon's Eye. I'm guessing this 'house' can use that energy indefinitely to heal itself."

That was his best guess, anyway. Geomancy and buildings went hand in hand, and this house had shown signs of being alive already.

"Xavier, is it? You know who we are, and you know why we're here. Let's save each other some time. We came here for Atsuko and Katsuo."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Von Geister Manor Foyer]

Chuck simply stood there, gun in one hand, sword in the other, as Xavier sought to intimidate him. When Shinji explained the situation, he just nodded. The gun in his hand faded away, and the Seele Schneider in his other hand sputtered out, being tucked away. He crossed his arms over his chest, looking up at the ceiling (for lack of another focus point).

"I am Charles Leonard Anderson, Senior Grade Hunter of the Anderson Reiniger Clan. I do not acknowledge the Kingship of Von Geister. I do not acknowledge his right to do as he pleases. And not only do I not acknowledge your right to hold the family of a close friend hostage, which I consider as bad as holding my family hostage, I don't acknowledge your right to exist."

His arms fall to his sides, and then spread out slightly. Particles of light begin drawing into his body, despite the dark powers present.

"Vollständig: Romakhiel."

His body became clad in awesome, terrible armor, and tendril-wings of black energy scraped the floor, charring the not-marbel (and absorbing some of the Reishi present), and a rush of Reishi began flowing into him.

"Give back our friend and his family. Now."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Foyer]

"You know that if your furry friend is right, you simply do not have the energy to destroy me. Not without vaporizing everyone inside, including your friends and the hostage, at least. The whole Earth would be my buffet against your personal reserves, and you are simply no world, I can tell."

What if he is wrong?

"But more the question. Who are you to acknowledge or not my right to exist? An ill-bred ape with nothing to his blood but destruction and death, true death, worse than any shinigami but a scant few maniacs of old could ever hope to lay claim to."

"You know, those of you who came to the Ghost King without their petty little arrows nocked have outgrown that abominable fault, their children will never have to fear either the hungry beasts nor the verdant flame."

One of the sets of doors at the top of the stairs creaks open slowly, nothing comes out of it.

"Regardless. I can't give them to you. To 'save time' absurd how it might be, or under threat. I am a house, I can talk for sure, and serve tea and shelter from the rain, and do another trick or two, or three. But it is those who live here who you must trade words with."

Clearly an invitation to go further in.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

"It sucks to admit it, but the house's right, Chuck. It's just a servant at the end of the day; the rattlesnake's tail, not its head.

It's Felicia we have to deal with."

Walking forward, Kuzunoha Shiki XLV smiled a fanged smile.

"For the record, you're a fortunate house. Were two people important to me not inside I would find a way to purify you from the inside out even if I had to sleep under your roof."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Von Geister Manor]

For several long moments, Chuck just stands there, his hands flexing open and closed, his wings waving softly in a non-existent breeze behind him. The air near him smells of ozone. Finally, he relents, his hands stopping their clenching, the smell of ozone fading.

"Yeah. Sure. Fine. Whatever."

Ignoring the words of Xavier, he simply follows behind Shinji, never dropping out of Vollstandig.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [On the route back to Ikari]

"Immediately after realizing my powers? No. But some months later I was... lucky enough to stumble into a few who are part of a spiritual tradition." Tamaki doesn't sound entirely sure about the 'lucky' part. "In general, us Fullbringers come into being due to a specific set of conditions which could be filled anywhere in the world. This suggests majority of us are born in isolation, with no-one to teach us. It is likely there are a lot more of us than is readily apparent, but most get eaten by Hollows or go insane before they can learn to use their powers."

Well that's bleak.

They get to the train station. There aren't a whole lot of people there at the moment. The sun is starting to set. "... about that question you asked. Are Hollows the 'bad guys'?", Tamaki resumes speaking as they wait for the train. "To go to Hell, you need to commit some serious crimes. But to become a Hollow... the only 'crime' you need to commit is to be unable to let go. It could be because you want to hurt someone, or are envious of them or some such... but it could just as well be because you love them too much, or can't stand to see them unprotected. You know. Normal people stuff." Robin might notice Tamaki is petting his scarf. "Anyone would be driven crazy if they had to linger on Earth as immaterial ghosts for years, unable to leave yet unable to affect anything. I'd say underneath their masks, most Hollows are sad or mad rather than bad. That's why you can have something like Las Noches. Take off a Hollow's mask, and you find people. Nothing more, nothing less."

The train arrives. People returning from the city pour out and walk towards their homes.
    Robin nods as Tamaki talks about his experiences. "Conditions? What do you mean by that?" She asks as they get on the train and take their seats. Robin makes sure to sit close to Tamaki due to their conversation. An outside observer might think they hadn't met just this morning."And how do people move on? Like, you know, not getting to be 'hollow'?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [The Endless Halls of Von Geister Manor]

Katsuo runs a mile in a straight line before the voice answers again, it does not actually take that long for the response to come, the boy is simply very fast, and this place is very strange.

"We did. Did the possibility of such a thing happening never cross your mind or that of your friends when you chose to challenge the Ghost King?"

"Well, it probably evaded them, truth be told. Their whole families are in on this... But then again, the Kuzunoha boy does proclaim his future sight, how did he not see this? Is it because of the Ghost King's power, truly?"

"I would think it is less a matter of power, and more one of understanding. You see, I know a thing or two of foresight, of time and space. It comes with being a house."
    "No, because I didn't even know what was happening until it already did! I know that isn't an excuse, but all I want is to protect my friends, and Shinji wouldn't-" Katsuo slows to a stop as he feels... something? He's not entirely sure what. And yet in his unconscious mind he is. He closes his eyes and breathes, clenching his fists.

"Shinji wouldn't start a fight unless you were doing things that hurt his family or other people. So what did you do?"

Wherever Xavier ends up leading the two, they begin to feel like they're being watched.

...well, ok, they had that feeling to begin with, but the feeling intensifies as if there were a less nebulous threat hanging over their head. Something black and tarry drips from the ceiling, but there's nothing there on looking up. Shinji's foresight might warn him against letting the substance touch either of them.

((Going to let Draken desc further before continuing))
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Underhall]

"Even before the Cult, boy. You and your friends walked boldly into this life and ignored the dangers, didn't you? The specific enemies you make, and when, are a trifling detail."

"But you are the first of your lot to actually ask what we are doing, that is worth something, I suppose. Your friend heard 'enemy' from on high and jumped to the offensive, had his little parasite topple our temples, and then guided the armies of heaven to our terrestrial holds. Civilizations have been buried under the waves for less."

The corridor finally becomes a staircase leading up. How long has Katsuo been running?

"The Ghost King is growth and change. To him flocked the frail and dying, to be spared the slums of heaven and to know life and strength. So many, in so many places, across so many times. He heals and empowers, how is that evil?"

-----

[The Foyer]

"Purify, what a self-serving, conniving little word."

"Say it like you mean it. You would kill me if you could, but you can't. Because you are tiny, you are young, you are brash, and worse of all, you are deluded about yourself."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

[The foyer]

"You're right, I won't kill you.

But that's because I don't have the time. Not the means. After all, some of my best friends are walls. I know all about bringing 'em down."

Shinji simply moves forward after that.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    [The Underhall]

"Even before the Cult, boy. You and your friends walked boldly into this life and ignored the dangers, didn't you? The specific enemies you make, and when, are a trifling detail."

"But you are the first of your lot to actually ask what we are doing, that is worth something, I suppose. Your friend heard 'enemy' from on high and jumped to the offensive, had his little parasite topple our temples, and then guided the armies of heaven to our terrestrial holds. Civilizations have been buried under the waves for less."

The corridor finally becomes a staircase leading up. How long has Katsuo been running?

"The Ghost King is growth and change. To him flocked the frail and dying, to be spared the slums of heaven and to know life and strength. So many, in so many places, across so many times. He heals and empowers, how is that evil?"
    "I don't know." Katsuo slows to a stop, clenching a fist, then releasing it. "It wouldn't be fair of me to deny responsibility. But... your princess infected a town with something terrible because Shinji attacked you. So many innocent people were brought into this. I don't know what happened between you and Shinji, but she's not innocent. And now she wants to hurt Shinji through me- through my aunt, another innocent person. Your king might help a lot of people, but how can he allow this? This can't keep going. Please, just... let me take her home alive. Unhurt. I'll try to talk some sense into Shinji, so we can just stop this and talk."

Being Katsuo, despite the pain and anger... he was being sincere.

(Foyer)

There's a loud, wet plop from behind the two, a large pool of the same tarlike droplets congealing on the floor. It bubbles ominously. A voice comes from it. Or... well, around them.

"How very cute. You realize we could crush you right now if we wanted, right? But I think I agree with daddy when I say that to make it that easy would be no fun at all. Before the end of this, I'm going to make you beg to end it quickly."

There's a childish yet psychotic laugh that resonates around them.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-09-12 at 07:11 AM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #281
    Orc in the Playground

"Felicia. You look different. Have you put on a few pounds?" Deadpan delivery.

"And you should probably count yourself happy Toki decided to dispel you back then. His original plan was to go down with you and count on me to bring him back, you know."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the way back to Ikari]

Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    Robin nods as Tamaki talks about his experiences. "Conditions? What do you mean by that?" She asks as they get on the train and take their seats. Robin makes sure to sit close to Tamaki due to their conversation. An outside observer might think they hadn't met just this morning."And how do people move on? Like, you know, not getting to be 'hollow'?"
    "I don't know everything about either", Tamaki replies discreetly. "What I've read suggests that becoming a Fullbringer relies on an accident of birth. When a living human woman is attacked by a Hollow, their soul is tainted untill the time they give birth. Then the taint passes to their children, who may or may not become Fullbringers. I don't know how many additional factors are required, but in principle it could happen anywhere."

Tamaki sighs. "As for passing on... some people just do. I think... Hollows have ability to move to Hueco Mundo. Maybe Pluses, that is, normal, 'good' ghosts, can have a similar ability to move to Soul Society or Hell if they die without regrets."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Underhall]

"Death is but a doorway to greater things, you all cross it sooner or later. And the Ghost King can allows this because his is the prime wisdom of life. It begins, it grows, it propagates, it ends and it begins anew. A cycle, eternal, endless, magnificent in its power and ruthlessness. His are the flood, the quake, the storm and the inferno. His is a tale of begginings and ends, of plague, famine and carnage, the history of mankind and so many others that came before."

The paintings on the walls stretch themselves down into three dimensions, displaying stills of momentous events in the past, most of which Katsuo likely knows nothing about, but they range from beautiful to gruesome to calamity.

"And alas, I cannot of my own volition make such a decision to help you, but I will relay your intent to the young mistress. I doubt she or your friends will acquiesce, however. They are all very... Young."

Xavier probably wanted to say something more disparaging there.

The stairs keep going.

-----

[Halls Above]

"Young master Yamada would like to inform you that he would much rather have us end this ordeal peacefully. I have tea and crumpets in the next room if you agree to it."

A door appears.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #284

[On the way back to Ikari]

"I don't know everything about either", Tamaki replies discreetly. "What I've read suggests that becoming a Fullbringer relies on an accident of birth. When a living human woman is attacked by a Hollow, their soul is tainted untill the time they give birth. Then the taint passes to their children, who may or may not become Fullbringers. I don't know how many additional factors are required, but in principle it could happen anywhere."

Tamaki sighs. "As for passing on... some people just do. I think... Hollows have ability to move to Hueco Mundo. Maybe Pluses, that is, normal, 'good' ghosts, can have a similar ability to move to Soul Society or Hell if they die without regrets."
    Robin looks away in deep thought. She hadn't ever been told about her mother being attacked, but did that mean Tamaki was wrong or were there secrets being kept somewhere along the way?

What he's read? Where did he find anything about what we are to read in the first place? I wouldn't have even a clue where to start She thinks suddenly before responding.

"It must be a difficult thing to keep secret, knowing that there are monsters in this world but having to tell your child they're not real all those years."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

"My parents didn't know", Tamaki says flatly. "I'd presume most don't know. You don't need the ability to see spirits to be victimized by them. People might even block the memory due to stress, or consider it a hallucination. Or... well..." The young man looks grim. "There's an even more depressing thought. Hundreds of millions of people consider ghosts a fact of life. They worship them. Appease them. Maybe they were right all along, and it's we who have lived deluded in our rationalist bubble. Either way, no secret-keeping is involved. Only inability to present evidence, or unwillingness to believe it."

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Felicia snickers from everywhere and nowhere. "Witty, snarky Kuzunoha. Always has an answer for everything. I am going to enjoy tearing down everything you love and watching you scream before you go."

Then Xavier speaks up. Her snickering stops. "Oh he really is too good for this world, isn't he? This will be a good lesson then."

"Being good gets you nowhere." Felicia's presence vanishes.

Katsuo grits his teeth, still pressing on. "Just because death happens eventually doesn't mean it doesn't matter how or when. It doesn't cheapen the life you have, it makes it more valuable. And she... my aunt's life is valuable to me. Doesn't your King have people whose lives -and yes I realize how silly asking that is with ghosts and shinigami- matter to him?"
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji hurriedly turns to Chuck.

"Bad feeling. Time to run."

And then to Xavier.

"Xavier. I would very much like to meet my friend and his aunt now. Would you kindly point us the way?"

Failing that, he can always try to track Felicia down.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ettin in the Playground

[Von Geister Manor]

"Oh well. None can blame me for not trying."

The aforementioned door twists and flows into the walls, revealing a stairwell going up.

"Oh my apologies, that is not right."

The stairwell closes again, it is a gruesome display of architecture. Once it opens, it is an elevator.

"Twenty-fifth floor."

There weren't twenty-five floors from the outside. Maybe a third at most.

"I will direct your friend to the same area."

------

(The Underhall)

"It does matter, doesn't it? It is such a dour affair for those missing the blessings of the Ghost King... So final, I suppose we all forget that ourselves."

"Regardless, your request for parley was denied, and thus I must direct you to your friends, for the finale approaches. And thus I must ask."

The unending staircase becomes a short corridor, ending in an ivory double door.

"Are you prepared to avenge your aunt's demise? That of your friends? That of the man in your memories?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #289

"My parents didn't know", Tamaki says flatly. "I'd presume most don't know. You don't need the ability to see spirits to be victimized by them. People might even block the memory due to stress, or consider it a hallucination. Or... well..." The young man looks grim. "There's an even more depressing thought. Hundreds of millions of people consider ghosts a fact of life. They worship them. Appease them. Maybe they were right all along, and it's we who have lived deluded in our rationalist bubble. Either way, no secret-keeping is involved. Only inability to present evidence, or unwillingness to believe it."
    "No matter the cause, something has to be done. Who fights back these hollows if most people can't see them? Do they just run rampant in our world?" She asks and Tamaki may be able to notice the hint of anger in her voice. How could they make people like her think they're crazy and alone?

She takes a deep breath to calm herself down and continues. "I need to learn more about these things. Any idea where to start?"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

"I fight them. Some of my friends fight them. Other Hollows fight them. A group of spirits called Shinigami fight them, though less now than they used to", Tamaki recounts laconically. "Try... do not make the same mistake I did. Don't assume nothing is being done just because you don't know about it. Don't get involved just because you want to make a difference. One of the most powerful Hollows I've met tried to tell me it's a stupid reason to fight, and I'm slowly coming to appreciate what he said. I already said we can meet again. I can try to teach you what I know and can't do. But... please don't delude yourself into thinking it has to be you to do something. I've witnessed truly horrible things happen to people I know because they thought like that. And some have committed some truly horrible things also."

Tamaki sighs. "I just... want you to remember that you can bow out. Normal life didn't go anywhere the moment you learned of spirits. It's still out there, waiting."

21. - Top - End - #291

"I fight them. Some of my friends fight them. Other Hollows fight them. A group of spirits called Shinigami fight them, though less now than they used to", Tamaki recounts laconically. "Try... do not make the same mistake I did. Don't assume nothing is being done just because you don't know about it. Don't get involved just because you want to make a difference. One of the most powerful Hollows I've met tried to tell me it's a stupid reason to fight, and I'm slowly coming to appreciate what he said. I already said we can meet again. I can try to teach you what I know and can't do. But... please don't delude yourself into thinking it has to be you to do something. I've witnessed truly horrible things happen to people I know because they thought like that. And some have committed some truly horrible things also."

Tamaki sighs. "I just... want you to remember that you can bow out. Normal life didn't go anywhere the moment you learned of spirits. It's still out there, waiting."

Robin nods wordlessly, a darkness cast over her features as he spoke of the ramifications. If what he said was true, if these monsters seek out people like me then I'll have to fight whether I want to or not. She thinks to herself before squaring her shoulders. By this time she looks up and notices they have gotten to her dormitory and it was time to make plans for what tomorrow might bring. She quickly embraces Tamaki in a hug and smiles at him.

"There's a coffee shop a ways down the street. Would you like to meet there in the morning and maybe continue our work?"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ettin in the Playground

Tamaki thinks, then nods. "Yeah. That sound fine. Let's meet tomorrow morning, Gower-san." The train arrives back at Ikari. After letting Robin show him where the coffee shop is, Tamaki parts way with her and returns home.

---

[Next Morning; Coffee shop in Ikari

Tamaki, dressed in normal casual clothing save for his ever-present scarf, is already waiting before the coffee shop for Robin few minutes before the agreed-upon time. When he sees her coming, he opens the door for her. "Good morning, Gower-san. I hope you slept well." Which is not a given, considering they spent better part of last evening speaking of supernatural monstrosities.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Was waiting for someone to move and no one did, so.

[The Addams Family Manor Geister Residence]

"Better be the express elevator. If I hear even two seconds of elevator music, you'll have to call Thyssen-Krupp."
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-10-13 at 09:51 AM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Chuck just silently follows Shinji, armored fists clenching and unclenching and sparking with purifying energy. He clearly wishes to just lash out and begin destroying, but he's still following Shinji's lead.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor - Halls)

Katsuo grits his teeth and clenches a fist. There was nothing more to do. He pushes through the door and braces himself...

(Von Geister Manor - 25th Floor, ???)

What awaits both parties is...

A room far grander than it has any right to be, modeled after the motif of a Gothic cathedral. The ceiling reaches up into curved stone arches, with horrific stained glass reliefs. The room is lit with candlelight, what little (if any) daylight being let in not being enough to penetrate the darkness. The brightest part of the room is the center, where a great chandelier hangs... and from it, chained by the wrists, is an unconscious woman. Atsuko. She's... unharmed, and seems to be alive, but who knows how long that could hold true...

Katsuo dashes into the room from the opposite side of Chuck and Shinji's point of entry, eyes scanning the room. When he spots his aunt, he jumps almost immediately.

Something hits him, a great glob of blackness. It doesn't stop him, but it's forceful enough to throw off his trajectory, and he crashes into the wall.

"Tsk, tsk... Do you look before you leap, pretty boy?" Katsuo rolls to the ground, a pulsating mass of blackness covering his upper body... but he breaks free with a yell, unharmed. But the mass spreads, and appears to have consumed his shirt as it falls to tatters.

More of the black mass leaks from the walls, pooling to the ground. Even the elevator door behind Shinji and Chuck, bubbling and... laughing. "I feel like I've been rude. Let's start over, shall we? We haven't had the pleasure of meeting before, but allow me to introduce myself." A bit of the slime forms into a humanoid shape, vicious teeth and cruel, merciless yellow-irised eyes manifesting to give the thing some resemblance to a face.

"I'm Felicia Von Geister-Lucaster. And I'd like to welcome you to my parlor." She puts a finger to her chin with a thoughtful air. "Or maybe... it's more like my stomach." More ooze pours from the walls, and even starts to seep through the floors, chewing at the grand red carpet set upon the marble surface. Or... even the soles of shoes or feet if one doesn't react enough.

((Sorry for the wait, let's move this along.))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Ikari]
    Kuzunoha Sanctuary

A Garganta opens. Naito, carrying Alpha-1, stalks out of the rift and down into the sanctuary itself, making a beeline towards the nearest resident.

"I need to find Shinji or Chuck."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

If there happened to be a lottery for finding people, Naito hit the jackpot.

The first person he runs into is Toki. Whom seems less than fazed that Naito is carrying Alpha-1.

"You got a lot of running to do. They went to Tokyo. Apparently, Felicia von Geister kidnapped Katsuo's aunt.

I don't have their exact location... best I can give you is the last place Shinji moved to. Gonna take a few minutes."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298

Naito blinks as they take a minute to process, then growls in extreme frustration.

"F***ing fantastic. Look, they came back a while ago with a giant metal cross, right? I need to know where that is. I'll need the coordinates after that."

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, when it rains it freaking pours out here.

That cross is in a heavily warded room right now. I can tell you where it is, but you won't be able to get near it without someone unlocking the wards for you. Why do you need to know about it, anyway?"

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300

Naito looks down at the limp form of Alpha-1.

"She's dying. Her body is designed to require abnormally high concentrations of...you know what, just trust me. I need access to it."