New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: [BitPRē] Mortal World V

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    'From our previous conversation, I know you want to recover the boy, Tachibana Torahiko. I also know you want to reclaim the quincy artifact that is with him. I have not been keeping track of you before this, so I know of no further goals you might personally have.'

Argos is probably making an educated guess regarding the artifact, given it saw the thing before.

'As for what the Ghost King would need of you, I cannot specify any particular missions, those who follow his design have great latitude in how they can go about bringing it to the fore. But I can tell from sight that he would be interested in as much as simply evaluating you and your powers, it is an interesting quincy mutation. Sparing him some time could be worth a great many gifts.'
    "Interesting. Well I have no qualms demonstrating my abilities, as for the gifts, if some of those can help me with my two missions. That would be a fair trade. As for the quincy artifact, is it a real deal or is it a waste of time dud?"

And it would give me some help and insight into how to get into Las Noches from Japan too. Kousaka thinks to himself.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Empty shoreline]

"We're human. Where we fall depends on what we choose to do", Tamaki says, looking nearly comically serious. It's not a smiling matter to him. "Hell is for people who committed severe crimes in life. Unrepentent murderers, thieves, frauds, and so on. Hollows... I can talk about that on the return trip. You wanted to see more spiritual powers, yes?"
    "I want to learn everything about this new world I can, so powers seems as good a place as any to start." She says smiling at Tamaki. "You said lots of tricks are possible. How do you know what you can or can't do if you're mostly asking the souls to do what you will?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ettin in the Playground

"They tell me", Tamaki says. "There are other limits as well. Most things have little free energy on their own. So, when walking on air, to give an example, I have to lend them mine and how long I can keep it up depends on my Will."

Tamaki holds his outstretched hand with his palm upwards. There's a gust of wind which makes his scard billow, and a flash of red light as a spherical rock materializes on his hand. "This is another aspect of my scarf's power. Like a joker in a game of poker can count as any other card, the Red Joker theoretically can become anything I can imagine. But any object I could make, I have to imprint in my scarf's memory, and it is limited. And I can't erase creations which only exist in my own head." Tamaki throws the rock at Robin, expecting her to catch it. "That rock, I can make and destroy, and tomorrow I can forget it and make something else in its stead. But my armor and its weapons are unique and cannot be erased. You can think of it as a computer of sorts."

Tamaki looks at the ocean. "Some things, though... they can only be found out by trial and error. And it's not obvious what you should even try. Suppose your power made you tough enough to shrug off bullets. How'd you find out, without anyone shooting you? You know the saying, 'sink or swim'? We spiritualists contend with the unknown. We don't know if we can succeed before we do, we can't know if we can fail before we... fail."

Tamaki turns his back to the sea and begins walking away. "It's getting late. Let's go home."
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Orc in the Playground

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Sanctuary - some entrance)

Katsuo looks out the door at Argos, and takes a few steps forward. "I'm here." He's trying really hard not to break down right now.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Sanctuary - some entrance)

Once Katsuo appears, Argos turns its tablet to him and replays a video of Felicia's rant to him.

The wonders of technology.

'Replay? Y/N'
    'Reply? Y/N'
    Last edited by Draken; 2016-09-02 at 10:41 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor)

Maki Atsuko just collapses to a sitting position at the sudden shift in scenery, staring in disbelief at the strange surroundings. It takes all her effort to not let out a scream as she looks on what looks an awful lot like a pool of toxic waste, or what one would think a pool of toxic waste would look like. And then... she notices the black thing in the pool...

...before it submerges. She almost instinctively scoots back, abandoning her grocery basket and hitting the wall. She starts looking for a door... but the thing emerges from the edge of the pool, taking ponderous steps forward, leaving a trail of slime behind. It stops a meter or so away, and despite the lack of eyes or any discernible facial features... Atsuko can tell it's looking at her.

"Maki Atsuko... does your nephew love you?" ...what a strange question. The bubbly, distorted speech terrifies her.

"...does he care for you?" It's getting agitated.

"Y-yes, and he calls every day. If I don't answer him... he'll... he'll know something is wrong." She's almost using this as a shield. The thing freezes for a moment... and then lets out a laugh that sounds as if the throat it was using to speak through was flowing with... well, the very ooze it's composed of. It even produces a couple bubbles with the outburst. Then, just as suddenly, it stops.

"I really hope so. I want him to squirm. I want him to wonder whether you're dead or alive. I want him to anguish over where you might be, or that he's too weak to come after you if he figures out where you are. I want him to suffer. And he will. Because he's weak."
    Katsuo stares at this capture of the events quietly. For a second, everything falls silent. Despite his lack of expression, Chuck and Shinji can feel the pain and restrained emotion in Katsuo. And, for once in the time they've met him... something approaching raw anger. The warning bells might play in their heads as he begins to tense up...

And then tackles Argos. Something just snaps in him.

((Give a moment for Draken, gonna give him the lowdown.))
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

One can almost see the eye go wide as Katsuo leaps at Argos, who instinctively retreats into the void, shutting down the gate behind it.

They can see the eye go wide when the wall of reality breaks under Katsuo's fist and a new portal unravels to great dimensions, revealing a maelstrom of tendrils and eyestalks in the darkness of the void beyond, almost like a tunnel. But that particular eyestalk does not last long before the enraged boy's fist, and then Katsuo simply falls through that tunnel and quickly vanishes into the otherworldly horizon.

And then the eyestalks turn to the rift and its tendrils reach out to begin pulling the walls back into place.

---

On the other side of the Rift
    Von Geister Manor

The maelstrom of limbs gives way to another wall of reality, which breaks before Katsuo just as easily as the first one. And then he lands on a floor, this one resisting quite well to his blows. He is in a long, carpeted corridor, lit by ensconces along the walls, poorly lit some would say, creating some rather long shadows both from the boy himself and from the sparse décor of the hall. Evenly spaced doors line the walls like an old hotel, and a soft scent of lavender and mold fills the air.

It somehow feels like this place has not seen a visitor in decades. Which is patently ridiculous, of course, Von Geister manor was built weeks ago. Not that Katsuo would know where he landed.

----------------

A Café with Kousaka

Argos shudders for a moment, as far as Kousaka can see, but then it starts writing again like nothing happened.

'It felt reasonably powerful when I saw it, but the Ghost King showed no interest in it. I think it was <unreadable symbols> in origin, which would explain his lack of interest. Sorry for the use of a different alphabet, but there simply is no word.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #248
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    "They tell me", Tamaki says. "There are other limits as well. Most things have little free energy on their own. So, when walking on air, to give an example, I have to lend them mine and how long I can keep it up depends on my Will."

Tamaki holds his outstretched hand with his palm upwards. There's a gust of wind which makes his scard billow, and a flash of red light as a spherical rock materializes on his hand. "This is another aspect of my scarf's power. Like a joker in a game of poker can count as any other card, the Red Joker theoretically can become anything I can imagine. But any object I could make, I have to imprint in my scarf's memory, and it is limited. And I can't erase creations which only exist in my own head." Tamaki throws the rock at Robin, expecting her to catch it. "That rock, I can make and destroy, and tomorrow I can forget it and make something else in its stead. But my armor and its weapons are unique and cannot be erased. You can think of it as a computer of sorts."

Tamaki looks at the ocean. "Some things, though... they can only be found out by trial and error. And it's not obvious what you should even try. Suppose your power made you tough enough to shrug off bullets. How'd you find out, without anyone shooting you? You know the saying, 'sink or swim'? We spiritualists contend with the unknown. We don't know if we can succeed before we do, we can't know if we can fail before we... fail."

Tamaki turns his back to the sea and begins walking away. "It's getting late. Let's go home."
    "Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can catch a bite sometime and talk shop. I'll even pay if you're lucky." She says smiling to Tamaki and checking her phone again before sighing. "It makes you wonder how many people have to sink before we learn how to swim, doesn't it. I have you to help teach me all of this. Did you have anyone who knew which way was up when you got thrown into this?"
    Sir Dan Avatar by Mrgone!

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

A Café with Kousaka

Argos shudders for a moment, as far as Kousaka can see, but then it starts writing again like nothing happened.

'It felt reasonably powerful when I saw it, but the Ghost King showed no interest in it. I think it was <unreadable symbols> in origin, which would explain his lack of interest. Sorry for the use of a different alphabet, but there simply is no word.'
    Kousaka notices the shudder, but dismisses it as some kind of communication with the Ghost King or something that happens not in the Mortal World where his senses would have picked it up immediately.

"That power, if rumor has it, is of great benefit to the Quincy race. Now I know that Quincies and Hollows mix like matter and anti-matter, but if the Ghost King is interested in a Quincy like me, then surely a boon I'd ask is the retrieval of said person and said item which happen to be at the same place at the same current time. In return, I can demonstrate however much the Ghost King is passionate about to observe and study and evaluate. And of course, I doubt I'm just a performer for the Ghost King's interest, there would be missions and assignments that he would like a mortal agent to enact, as you have mentioned before, so yes I agree to this arrangement."

Things sure have changed a lot here in Japan that a Hollow would simply talk to a Quincy without a fight breaking out. Maybe the elders in Italy truly are starved of new news, or perhaps I really am truly alone thinking my actual missions are worth a damn. Kousaka continues to sip his delicious coffee.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroimaken View Post
    [A lot of time afterwards]

"Katsuo, you got visitors. And not the good kind."

This meant bad news.

"Come with me. Sorry, Torahiko - we'll talk more later."

Shinji isn't the kind to be rude to guests, so Katsuo knows that the way he's doing things is very out of character for him.

"You're going to get some very bad news very soon. I have a plan to counter them already, but for that to work, I'm going to need you to work with me. Alright?"
    "I should probably stay here." Probably best he stayed out of Katsuo's personal problems. Before they get added to his own.

[Ikari, Japan]
    (Kuzunoha Sanctuary)

Katsuo gives Torahiko a sympathetic grimace, in a way saying sorry for the interruption. But... this seemed important.

He tenses up when Shinji continues after pulling him aside. He's quiet, turning over this question in his head for about half a second. His look says he trusts Shinji completely. His heart... is a bit more troubled.

"...what news?"
    "Well, they say they've got something else to tell you too, but...

...they have your aunt, Katsuo."
    There is a moment of quiet. Like a breath. Not peaceful, simply... a lack of noise before it resumes. Terrifying in its own right. "...where?"

"Who?" The expression Katsuo gives is not one of hate. But... the terror and pain in his eyes is not much better. Arguably worse.
    Staying quiet and fading into the background was still natural to Torahiko. Extravagant name aside, he never cared to be the center of attention, so it was a natural skill to cultivate.

And something he'd taken the discretion to practice here. Funny actually, he forced himself into the spotlight for unpleasantness since the few hours of war he participated in. But this is what he had to fall back on his old defense mechanisms, or possibly sad.

Time Passes

The fullbringer gave up on waiting early on, deciding that anything it would achieve could be done much faster when they got back. It was about time he check in on the artifact. Navigating to it would be easy. After all, how would you lose track of a part of yourself? The Hollow parts of his soul remember it's touch, as do the Quincy metal in his veins. And they will always know how to return to it.

Or at least, that's what he tells himself.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2016-09-06 at 10:59 PM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    [Entrance, Kuzonoha Sanctuary]

Chuck had tensed at watching the video, standing up straight instead of slouching against the entrance.

When Katsuo suddenly went for "roaring rage", he'd startled, his arms taking precious moments to uncross from his chest. Too late to stop Katsuo. Hochroter Beschützer manifested as Fassen der Gerechten, the red gauntlets coming into existence even as Chuck reached one hand toward a tentacle and another toward the edge of the tear in reality, hoping that the unique purifying/Quincy energies would help him hold it open, or at least slow the closing. At the same time, he shouted out to his friend.

"Shinji! Help!"
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

"KATSUOOOOOOOO!!"

Shinji reaches out with his senses as much as he can. He didn't have spells of any sort that would help keep that tear open. But--

"Chuck! Let it go! I know where Katsuo landed!"

Truth be told, foresight was an advanced form of clairvoyancy. It was actually simpler to use it on the present, following Katsuo through enhanced senses, than it would have been to predict where he'd ended up.

"I'm gonna open a pathway for us. Stick close!"
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

With Chuck holding back Argos' tendrils, the rift heals at such a slow pace that the two of them could likely enter without much trouble, and in spite of its dimensions, Argos does not feel particularly powerful and likely wouldn't pose much of a threat to either of them if they simply followed Katsuo.

Shinji experiences some unusual turbulence on his clairvoyance, but he can see Katsuo on the hall of Von Geister Manor.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ettin in the Playground

[On the route back to Ikari]
    Quote Originally Posted by riccaru View Post
    "Sounds like a good idea. Maybe we can catch a bite sometime and talk shop. I'll even pay if you're lucky." She says smiling to Tamaki and checking her phone again before sighing. "It makes you wonder how many people have to sink before we learn how to swim, doesn't it. I have you to help teach me all of this. Did you have anyone who knew which way was up when you got thrown into this?"
    "Immediately after realizing my powers? No. But some months later I was... lucky enough to stumble into a few who are part of a spiritual tradition." Tamaki doesn't sound entirely sure about the 'lucky' part. "In general, us Fullbringers come into being due to a specific set of conditions which could be filled anywhere in the world. This suggests majority of us are born in isolation, with no-one to teach us. It is likely there are a lot more of us than is readily apparent, but most get eaten by Hollows or go insane before they can learn to use their powers."

Well that's bleak.

They get to the train station. There aren't a whole lot of people there at the moment. The sun is starting to set. "... about that question you asked. Are Hollows the 'bad guys'?", Tamaki resumes speaking as they wait for the train. "To go to Hell, you need to commit some serious crimes. But to become a Hollow... the only 'crime' you need to commit is to be unable to let go. It could be because you want to hurt someone, or are envious of them or some such... but it could just as well be because you love them too much, or can't stand to see them unprotected. You know. Normal people stuff." Robin might notice Tamaki is petting his scarf. "Anyone would be driven crazy if they had to linger on Earth as immaterial ghosts for years, unable to leave yet unable to affect anything. I'd say underneath their masks, most Hollows are sad or mad rather than bad. That's why you can have something like Las Noches. Take off a Hollow's mask, and you find people. Nothing more, nothing less."

The train arrives. People returning from the city pour out and walk towards their homes.
    Last edited by Frozen_Feet; 2016-09-07 at 04:09 AM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]
    (Von Geister Manor - ???)

Katsuo tumbles to the ground after Argos slips from his grasp, dust flying with his impact.

...however, he wastes no time in standing up, starting to run through the halls desperately. He had no earthly idea where he was going. He had no idea where he was. All he had was...

Please, tell me something. Anything. I need to know where she is. Can you feel her?

The vague voice he could hear in his mind on these occasions was lost in the storm in his thoughts, manifesting in a profound silence despite the roaring of the possible events from there on playing in his head.

Please!

Nothing. Katsuo continues barreling through in a panic.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ettin in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]

The empty corridors appear unending, every turn revealing more of them, and the cross paths have corridors going up or down into vertical and diagonal shafts as often as they turn left or right.

And then a voice echoes in the halls.

"Shouting in the halls, even in your mind, is not a polite thing to do, boy. Nor is running, or breaching the walls of reality. I don't think I can let you get anywhere until you start showing some proper manners."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[Ikari, Japan]
    [Entrance, Kuzonoha Sanctuary]
    "KATSUOOOOOOOO!!"

Shinji reaches out with his senses as much as he can. He didn't have spells of any sort that would help keep that tear open. But--

"Chuck! Let it go! I know where Katsuo landed!"

Truth be told, foresight was an advanced form of clairvoyancy. It was actually simpler to use it on the present, following Katsuo through enhanced senses, than it would have been to predict where he'd ended up.

"I'm gonna open a pathway for us. Stick close!"
    With a wordless snarl of raw anger, Chuck lets go and quick-steps back next to Shinji. There, he crouches, waiting for Shinji himself to open or forge a path forward, and determined to stick right next to his friend, no matter what came next.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Orc in the Playground

"Expect heavy resistance. I'll try to guide us as best as I can, but something's blocked me looking into the lay of the land before. This is definitely a trap."

Well, Chuck probably knew that. Tapping into the local leylines, Shinji took a deep breath before a crest appeared under them.

Moments later, they were enveloped by a bright light...

[Tokyo]

...and next thing they knew, they were just outside the Geister manor's doorstep.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

19. - Top - End - #259
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Kousaka notices the shudder, but dismisses it as some kind of communication with the Ghost King or something that happens not in the Mortal World where his senses would have picked it up immediately.

"That power, if rumor has it, is of great benefit to the Quincy race. Now I know that Quincies and Hollows mix like matter and anti-matter, but if the Ghost King is interested in a Quincy like me, then surely a boon I'd ask is the retrieval of said person and said item which happen to be at the same place at the same current time. In return, I can demonstrate however much the Ghost King is passionate about to observe and study and evaluate. And of course, I doubt I'm just a performer for the Ghost King's interest, there would be missions and assignments that he would like a mortal agent to enact, as you have mentioned before, so yes I agree to this arrangement."

Things sure have changed a lot here in Japan that a Hollow would simply talk to a Quincy without a fight breaking out. Maybe the elders in Italy truly are starved of new news, or perhaps I really am truly alone thinking my actual missions are worth a damn. Kousaka continues to sip his delicious coffee.
    Kousaka snaps his attention towards the Kuzunoha Sanctuary as the leylines have been tapped to power some sort of transportation power and believes it had something to do with Argos' shudder.

"What's wrong?"
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ettin in the Playground

Kousaka snaps his attention towards the Kuzunoha Sanctuary as the leylines have been tapped to power some sort of transportation power and believes it had something to do with Argos' shudder.

"What's wrong?"
    'The Kuzunoha clan has chosen, on many occasions, to challenge the Ghost King's design and aid the shinigami. The bad blood that runs between us will be spilled now, per the will of the young mistress. I can invite you to watch, if you want, they will never know if you don't tell.'

'Either way. My apologies for not answering before. I had data to confirm.'

-----

[The Manor's Gate]

It is a vast, ebony double door etched with barbed spirals reaching from the bottom, wrapping around themselves. Spiritual power oozes from the walls, dark and pure. In apparent contrast, the gardens surrounding the property are of uncanny exuberance, the grass is greener, the flowers have deeper colors.

The wall opens, and a middle-aged man that is obviously a butler is behind them, hands crossed behind his back. His is the same energy as that of this place.

"You are expected, young masters. Come in, I am Xavier, majordomo of the Ghost King of All Hollows."

His eyes are oppressively old.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #261
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'The Kuzunoha clan has chosen, on many occasions, to challenge the Ghost King's design and aid the shinigami. The bad blood that runs between us will be spilled now, per the will of the young mistress. I can invite you to watch, if you want, they will never know if you don't tell.'

'Either way. My apologies for not answering before. I had data to confirm.'
    Kousaka rapidly calculates his angle and responds with an inquiring look. "Are you saying that the Kuzunoha Sanctuary's entrance is unguarded now? Is that the cause for the power expenditure I felt just now?" Looks like a perfect opportunity. he thinks to himself.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ettin in the Playground

Kousaka rapidly calculates his angle and responds with an inquiring look. "Are you saying that the Kuzunoha Sanctuary's entrance is unguarded now? Is that the cause for the power expenditure I felt just now?" Looks like a perfect opportunity. he thinks to himself.
    'Some of its stronger combatants have left, yes. But the geomantic wards make that moot. Your intrusion will be blocked by as much as a common locked door.'
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[The Manor's Gate]
    [The Manor's Gate]

It is a vast, ebony double door etched with barbed spirals reaching from the bottom, wrapping around themselves. Spiritual power oozes from the walls, dark and pure. In apparent contrast, the gardens surrounding the property are of uncanny exuberance, the grass is greener, the flowers have deeper colors.

The wall opens, and a middle-aged man that is obviously a butler is behind them, hands crossed behind his back. His is the same energy as that of this place.

"You are expected, young masters. Come in, I am Xavier, majordomo of the Ghost King of All Hollows."

His eyes are oppressively old.
    Chuck lands in a crouch, his red goggles sweeping the immediate area, taking in every detail he can. And his body greedily sucks in whatever Reishi it can, converting and storing it for use in the near future.

When the Majordomo speaks, Chuck's gaze snaps to him. He simply stares for a moment....before he raises one hand, a Streik der Purificatio already formed in his hand. A burst of spiritual power, and a line of Reinigung Pfeil stitch their way up Xavier's body, starting at his navel and ending at the crown of his head. Chuck is already walking toward the door, one Ginto arcing to land at the feet of the "old man" before erupting in an explosion, another flying toward the door that his gun now assaulted with bullets. HIs other hand held a Seele Schneider, its crimson blade ready to carve into whatever was left of the door after his initial assault.

He had yet to speak a word.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    [The Manor's Gate]

Chuck lands in a crouch, his red goggles sweeping the immediate area, taking in every detail he can. And his body greedily sucks in whatever Reishi it can, converting and storing it for use in the near future.

When the Majordomo speaks, Chuck's gaze snaps to him. He simply stares for a moment....before he raises one hand, a Streik der Purificatio already formed in his hand. A burst of spiritual power, and a line of Reinigung Pfeil stitch their way up Xavier's body, starting at his navel and ending at the crown of his head. Chuck is already walking toward the door, one Ginto arcing to land at the feet of the "old man" before erupting in an explosion, another flying toward the door that his gun now assaulted with bullets. HIs other hand held a Seele Schneider, its crimson blade ready to carve into whatever was left of the door after his initial assault.

He had yet to speak a word.
    This place is much more saturated with reishi than just about anywhere else in the mortal world. Not quite to hueco mundo or soul society levels of saturation, however.

Anyway.

The butler and the door explode, the former into a mess of gore and cloth rags and the later off its hinges, it doesn't quite splinter because it was already open, but it does break into a couple of large pieces and damages the entry hall's decorations.

There is a crashed chandelier in the middle of the place now and shards of crystal strew everywhere. And also a couple of unrecognizable marble busts and some toppled suits of ceremonial armor.

It is an awful mess, and there isn't even a butler to clean it up anymore.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

25. - Top - End - #265
    Orc in the Playground

Shinji is... almost apologetic for the butler.

"Sorry about that." He cheekily mumbles as an afterthought.

Walking in after Chuck, he immediately shifts into kitsune form.

"It's going to be a bitch tapping into the leylines here, so my strength is going to be reduced considerably. I'll need to count on you for firepower, buddy."

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

[Tokyo, Japan]

The empty corridors appear unending, every turn revealing more of them, and the cross paths have corridors going up or down into vertical and diagonal shafts as often as they turn left or right.

And then a voice echoes in the halls.

"Shouting in the halls, even in your mind, is not a polite thing to do, boy. Nor is running, or breaching the walls of reality. I don't think I can let you get anywhere until you start showing some proper manners."
    Katsuo slows down. A little.

"You took my aunt." He lets that serve as his counterargument to his lacking manners.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

27. - Top - End - #267
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

'Some of its stronger combatants have left, yes. But the geomantic wards make that moot. Your intrusion will be blocked by as much as a common locked door.'
    "Not an opportunity then." Kousaka nods. "Well, please let the Ghost King know that I accept his offer for work. And if he requests to see me in person, I am available anytime."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

[Somewhere in the back of Katsuo's mind]

Dominated by rage as it is now, there's a good chance that Katsuo doesn't even notice it. But somewhere in this world, someone who cares for him has just lost consciousness while thinking about the kind of life the boy himself leads, and that stray line of thought crosses the distance between them in an attempt to bring him some manner of comfort, no matter how small.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

[The Endless Halls of Von Geister Manor]

Katsuo runs a mile in a straight line before the voice answers again, it does not actually take that long for the response to come, the boy is simply very fast, and this place is very strange.

"We did. Did the possibility of such a thing happening never cross your mind or that of your friends when you chose to challenge the Ghost King?"

"Well, it probably evaded them, truth be told. Their whole families are in on this... But then again, the Kuzunoha boy does proclaim his future sight, how did he not see this? Is it because of the Ghost King's power, truly?"

"I would think it is less a matter of power, and more one of understanding. You see, I know a thing or two of foresight, of time and space. It comes with being a house."

---------

[The Foyer]

The ley lines teem with the dark energy of hollowkind, stretching out so far and so deep... Too far and too deep, they must reach out well beyond Tokyo and into Ikari, into all of Japan, but that is not possible.

Shinji gets shunted off of his connection suddenly and violently by something.

And then the walls speak with the same voice as the butler before.

"Well then. I had hoped to be civil about all of this, but you lot have not been civil from the very beginning."

"I suppose a counter display of power is in order."

The shattered remains of entrance hall take to the air and fly back to their proper positions, the remains of the door weaving their way between Chuck and Shinji before settling back on the hinges and fixing themselves with a glow of emerald between the cracks, while the rest of the decorations... Well, they dissolve into worms and into the floor, before replacements crawl their way out of the maggot-wrought walls.

"So let me introduce myself once more. I am Xavier, Majordomo of the Ghost King of All Hollows."

"Welcome, young masters, to Von Geister Manor."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #270
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Edit: Starting over please stand by.
    Last edited by KnightDisciple; 2016-09-09 at 10:32 PM.