New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ears-open-day/

Woooooow Battletome: Nagash looks insane! I kinda love the idea of a legion of undead that follows after one of the Mortarchs.

It also mentions Soulblight allegiance, but they got one in GHB2? I wonder if it'll be the same but with more options or if it's something completely different.

Either way, once I know more I think I'm going whole hog into a Death force!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ears-open-day/

Woooooow Battletome: Nagash looks insane! I kinda love the idea of a legion of undead that follows after one of the Mortarchs.

It also mentions Soulblight allegiance, but they got one in GHB2? I wonder if it'll be the same but with more options or if it's something completely different.

Either way, once I know more I think I'm going whole hog into a Death force!
    I'm more excited at the prospect of new models. My guess, at least for deathrattle, is de-egyptiefed tomb king units, like archers, giants, and chariots.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Nothing quite like writing a new army list 3 weeks before an event. Maybe I'm a bit crazy.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

If you haven't been reading the fluff stories on Malign Portents website, fix that immediately. They're pretty entertaining even if they don't reveal a whole bunch of information. The narrative side of this event has been pretty fascinating.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

If you haven't been reading the fluff stories on Malign Portents website, fix that immediately. They're pretty entertaining even if they don't reveal a whole bunch of information. The narrative side of this event has been pretty fascinating.
    yep, that and the videos have been great. still, KNIGHT OF SHROUDS WHEN?!?!

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I've no real interest in playing Aelves but it looks really solid. Very much enjoying the teasers and media from GW recently. New Malign Portent stories are really, really good too!

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

Are Chaos Cavalry from the Slaves To Darkness range a battleline? Could you make a whole army out of horsemen and chariots?

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by 9mm; 2018-01-26 at 12:04 AM.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Are Chaos Cavalry from the Slaves To Darkness range a battleline? Could you make a whole army out of horsemen and chariots?
    Yes and it's not bad. There are a couple Battalions that make it even better too.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

looks like the leaks were true.

well it looks like all hope that death was going to be an actual faction just took a massive hit. Death is still a ~ 28 wound faction. crap.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Going to a doubles tournament, my partner is a Freeguild Gunline.

So, I have Dispossessed Allegiance, and I have 200 Points to play with (and a Leader slot). My current default is 10 more Irondrakes (for a total of 20). All 20 use the Ancestral Pickaxe (of course they do), and then go to town. I've decided that a Hellblaster & Gunsmith isn't required, because that's what my Freeguild partner is for. Which leaves me with Stormcasts.

Judicators & Gryph-Hound; This is probably the default...Except if my other option is just 'more Irondrakes', I'm going to go with Irondrakes.

Lord Celestant or Lord-Relictor; Probably the only source of Mortal Wounds that I'm going to get - cause Dispos suck now. Giving me 100 Points to play with, which is...Prosecutors.

Protectors. Eats all 200 Points, and, is, AFAIC, the only competition to Irondrakes. Starsoul Maces also dish out Mortal Wounds with no dice roll required (which is basically broken).
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Eh, idk if any of those are really good options.

Judis are great but as you say you can always do more Irondrakes.

LC and LR are nice but other than maybe getting some ranged MWs not sure how much they provide. Much better in SCE allegiance.

Protectors are solid but you really feel that "elite" thing from them. Slow and low models means they either get in and do work or shuffle around the board all game.

I'd recommend 2x3 Prosecutors, honestly. Fast, good shooting, hard to kill. Work independent of anything else, most other SCE units want Allegiance Abilities or Battalions.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'd recommend 2x3 Prosecutors, honestly. Fast, good shooting, hard to kill. Work independent of anything else, most other SCE units want Allegiance Abilities or Battalions.
    So, the option is either 2x3 Prosecutors, or, +10 Irondrakes to my existing unit, meaning that I get more use out Ancestral Pickaxe and the Runelord buff.
    (In related news, I also found out that Starsoul Maces come one to a box, and go for like $20 on the 'net)

Looked up Prosecutors;
    10 Dorfs, 200 Points; 10 Attacks, 3+/3+/-1(-2)

6 Javs, 200 Points; 6 Attacks 3+/3+/-. Maybe does 2 Damage, so call it '12' attacks. Does +2 Attacks make up for no Rend? Not really. And against stuff that takes half Damage, 2D is the same as 1. So actually more attacks is actually better than double damage, sometimes.

I want to run Stormcasts, if only for variety, and this a shot at 'best painted'. But, sadly, it looks like Irondrakes being the best Dispo unit actually does mean that they're pretty good, even in comparison to other things.
    (Only because the Ancestral Pickaxe exists)
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-02-06 at 12:24 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

15. - Top - End - #405
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Whoever said maces are one to a box is pulling your leg. They are two to a box--the pictures, etc. are misleading.

Also, on prosecutors, you have to consider that one in 3 can take a trident. And the leader gets 2 attacks. So 2 units of 3 actually gets 4 3/3/- shots that are D2 from 9-18 inches, and 4 3/3/-1 always D2 shots.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Yaktan View Post
    Whoever said maces are one to a box is pulling your leg. They are two to a box--the pictures, etc. are misleading.
    In that case, are they worth buying? Considering that I will not have Allegiance, and whatever that's worth.

So 2 units of 3 actually gets 4 3/3/- shots that are D2 from 9-18 inches, and 4 3/3/-1 always D2 shots.
    I'll check with the TO if we have to select Traits before the tournament, or if we can change them every game. 'Cause if we can...I just can't forget that more Ironbreakers are all Dispos.

Grudgebound; rr1s To Hit. (Fixed, always)
    Ancestral Grudge; +1 To Wound (Pick an enemy unit, it happens)
    Forgefire; Additional -1 Rend (Happens on a 2+)
    Blaze Away; Shoot twice if you don't move.

The only thing outside of my control, is Forgefire...Which happens on a 2+, can't be Unbound, and doesn't count as Praying. So, it may as well be an auto.

So, if I choose to do so, x10 Irondrakes is... 20 Attacks, 3rr1/2/-2.

Okay, yeah. I've convinced myself. I'm literally overthinking the best unit in the army list.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-02-07 at 12:33 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ogre in the Playground

Got Legions of Nagash and my estimation has been pretty much born out. This is Grand Alliance: Death now with more nerfs to the faction. Wonderful.

will do a full breakdown soon but for now: direwolves are the best battline, most best options lay in nighthaunt, and this faction still practically auto loses to balewind vortexs.

really regretting that blades of the blood queen purchase.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There's a lot of resurrection in the book, certain builds will be quite hard to keep down. And now you can actually keep your heroes safe from shooting if you go Legion of Sacrament, which has not one but two anti-shooting artifacts. I think it'll be quite viable, and honestly a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon with Shroud as the Artifact and Emissary as the Command Trait (for charge rerolls) is fairly terrifying.

Honestly I thought Death was already partially viable - Skeleton focused forces with 1-2 VLoZDs could play the objective game quite well, and now they are even better at that. It's not a killy book, but it's one that can easily flood the board and be hard to shift, which is another viable way to play.

Also Hexwraiths are the new hotness, just watch. Same price as before, but better abilities, and having a fast, decent hitting unit in any of the Legion allegiances is solid.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a lot of resurrection in the book,
    this will be up to FAQ on whether endless legions/masters teachings cost reinforcement/summon points, if it does the ability is laughably useless. other wise its a net loss in regen. As is, its pathetically easy to block endless legions, just put a single model in a graveyard and it becomes unusable.

Honestly I thought Death was already partially viable - Skeleton focused forces with 1-2 VLoZDs could play the objective game quite well, and now they are even better at that. It's not a killy book, but it's one that can easily flood the board and be hard to shift, which is another viable way to play.
    Ironically there are better hoard killer options in this game than in 40k, I've had multiple 40 blocks of skellies just deleted in a single turn. Stupid Balewinds.

Also Hexwraiths are the new hotness, just watch. Same price as before, but better abilities, and having a fast, decent hitting unit in any of the Legion allegiances is solid.
    Nighthaunt did come out like a bandit, but that's like the only actual unit buffs in the entire book.
    Last edited by 9mm; 2018-02-11 at 06:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

How good is Archaon? I'm hoping to pick one up soon just to paint, but also might start an army around him, depending on my tax return.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    How good is Archaon? I'm hoping to pick one up soon just to paint, but also might start an army around him, depending on my tax return.
    Pretty darn good in Tzeentch. Fairly solid (imo) in Nurgle. Pretty ok anywhere else. He's strong, but the support he gets from Disciples or Maggotkin is way stronger than what he gets elsewhere, though there are some cute lists with Hero spam where you get a bunch of good Command Abilities stacked. Not tournament winning, but strong enough to win a majority of games if you're good at it.

So yeah, he's not a model you can just slot in and call it a day, but if you use him right I think he's good.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty darn good in Tzeentch. Fairly solid (imo) in Nurgle. Pretty ok anywhere else. He's strong, but the support he gets from Disciples or Maggotkin is way stronger than what he gets elsewhere, though there are some cute lists with Hero spam where you get a bunch of good Command Abilities stacked. Not tournament winning, but strong enough to win a majority of games if you're good at it.

So yeah, he's not a model you can just slot in and call it a day, but if you use him right I think he's good.
    Hero Spam sounds interesting. Would that involve things like Lord of Change/Kairos Fateweaver?

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    Hero Spam sounds interesting. Would that involve things like Lord of Change/Kairos Fateweaver?
    Depends. Not so much Lord of Change, the idea is that since Archaon lets everyone use their Command Traits, you bring 5 other heroes with good buffs that make him scary. Lord of Slaanesh on Daemonic Mount lets him Attack twice in a combat phase, mounted Chaos Lord lets him reroll charges, foot Chaos Lord of Slaanesh lets him run and charge, Harbinger of Decay gives him an additional 5+ Ward Save, etc. So you use them to buff the heck out of Archaon (or maybe a unit of Varanguard nearby) and then the opponent is torn between killing the big scary units or killing the Heroes that are making them even scarier (and are no slouches themselves).

Counterable, sure, but the turns you get a hugely buffed Archaon into enemy lines, he'll basically solo the entire enemy army.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

Can AoS storyline stuff be discussed here too, or is this just for the mechanics aspect of the game?
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Archpaladin Zousha View Post
    Can AoS storyline stuff be discussed here too, or is this just for the mechanics aspect of the game?
    IMO, I see no reason why not. The AoS thread doesn't move as fast as the 40K Thread(s), so it'd be pretty hard to derail.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yeah agreed. The recent story developments have been pretty good as well, much more interesting than what we had at the beginning.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Yeah agreed. The recent story developments have been pretty good as well
    Except for Gotrek and Felix coming back, 'cause Black Library is lazy.
    Joke's on me, I'm still going to get them anyway, 'cause I'm terrible.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2018-02-14 at 10:43 AM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

Wait, what?!
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well they said Gortrek, not necessarily Felix yet.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Banned

Devil

Well they said Gortrek, not necessarily Felix yet.
    He's there, it's David Guymer.