New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

I am disappointed, the only hero for Brayherd is the one that can't use its spell. Granted being able give my gors and bestigors 9" movement is pretty great, but it stinks that I can't use his unique spell or get a beastlord.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Flipping through Skirmish has a lot of stuff I like. A bit sad I can't use my Lord-Aquilor, but I understand the reasoning.

Do Vanguard-Hunters break the one mission with the altar and the storm (can't remember the name)? I think so. Stay off the board, pop on and shoot anyone who has reached the altar, claim victory.

I need to play a few games to get a feel for what it's like before I give any sort of judgement on the game. I think it looks really fun and it was a steal for $10.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

I posted this in the general kickstarter thread, but forgot to do so here. For death players who want to get models from a different source.

TMS Vampire Covenant

only 2 days left but it is funded.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Tournament said Legacy units were allowed. So now I have to paint it (after having had it for several years)...

Spoiler: Front
    Show

Spoiler: Top
    Show
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

5. - Top - End - #275
    Banned

Devil

I've picked up a Carnosaur as a model for my D&D games (Dragonborn riding a Half Dragon Trex? Go on then), and so I'd like to know what I can do with SeraphonLizardmen, as a few of the group were interested where I got the model, which has now resorted in some cross-polination into AoS. I hated AoS before, but this is a group of some of my oldest friends who enjoy boardgames together, so why not? The missus is wanting to get involved with Wood Elves,

Got a hard on for the Dark Elf Cold Ones, and so going to use those with the Lizardmen Saurus Riders, and obviously the Carnosaurs. I've also got an old Carmine Dragon I found floating in the loft that I thought I'd lost. Any possibility of using those?

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Well, they're all from the Order grand alliance, so I can't think of any real reason not to use them. And even if they weren't, fighting an army of raptor riders sounds like heckuva lotta fun, so I'd say go for it anyway.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

The dark elf cold ones, have become Drakespawn Knights and Chariots in Order Serpantis if you want to find their point values in the general's handbook.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Banned

Devil

Nah, just using the models. The lizard cold one models suck balls and have done since their release. Even the old 6th Ed Cold Ones were better with their little stubby forelegs, like fat, underdeveloped baby T-Rex.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Saurus Oldblood - 100 Points
    Saurus Sunblood - 120 Points
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One - 100 Points
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Carnosaur - 260 Points

Saurus Knights (x5) - 120 Points

Bloodclaw Starhost - 100 Points

Total: 1040 Points

If your group wont let you do that, drop the Battalion (and the models get a whole lot less good), and pick up a single Razordon for 60 Points. As long as all the models in your army have the SERAPHON Keyword, you can have Allegiance, which makes Saurus Knights Battleline (i.e; Troops), and not totally terrible.
    ...Oh, right. Saurus Knights aren't actually very good unless they're Battleline. But Carnosaurs are amazing.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-06-11 at 06:21 PM.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

With very few exceptions, cavalry is pretty underwhelming in general. Saurus Knights at least get to be Battleline pretty easily, which is... something.

Played some Narrative stuff last weekend. Lord-Aquillor + Vanguard-Raptors of either variety is preeetty good. It's almost too good for casual play. Lots of shooting, a powerful character, and the ability to teleport around the table makes Vanguard specific Stormcast really, really powerful. Even though Hurricanes and Hunters are just D1 Rend-, the map presence and tricks you can pull off are pretty brutal.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

I just had a 1000 point game on monday, Bullgor Stampede (Doombull w/Great Axe, Two Bullgor units with twin axes, and one with Greataxe, Ghorgon) versus Skaven (Clanrats, stormvermin, Warpfire thrower, Mortar, and three leaders)

The Stormveirmin managed to take out one unit of Twin Axe Bullgors, before being consumed by the Ghorgon (Triggered bloodgreed on the ravenous maw for 12 damage, then did something like 24 with the claws it was brutal). The rest was like a steamroller clearing rats across the map. I didn't have the models to take objectives, so that was my only option.

For anyone in the future: If you take Bullgors, you need a doombull general. The 2+ to wound and triggering bloodgreed on a 5 (or 4 for the ghorgon) is a must-have. And it was totally worth giving up the Chaos Alliance abilities, to be able to take the Bullgors as battleline.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-06-22 at 08:52 AM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzebub1111 View Post
    I just had a 1000 point game on monday, Bullgor Stampede (Doombull w/Great Axe, Two Bullgor units with twin axes, and one with Greataxe, Ghorgon) versus Skaven (Clanrats, stormvermin, Warpfire thrower, Mortar, and three leaders)

The Stormveirmin managed to take out one unit of Twin Axe Bullgors, before being consumed by the Ghorgon (Triggered bloodgreed on the ravenous maw for 12 damage, then did something like 24 with the claws it was brutal). The rest was like a steamroller clearing rats across the map. I didn't have the models to take objectives, so that was my only option.

For anyone in the future: If you take Bullgors, you need a doombull general. The 2+ to wound and triggering bloodgreed on a 5 (or 4 for the ghorgon) is a must-have. And it was totally worth giving up the Chaos Alliance abilities, to be able to take the Bullgors as battleline.
    Awesome to hear it went well! I've seen some cool games with Warherd armies, one of the best small-model count forces imo (until you hit MW or shooting spam).

We started a Skirmish campaign at my FLGS. It's quite fun! Short games, though, enough time to get a 40k match in afterwards haha.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

WOOOOO! Can't wait! Maybe some point adjustments? Maybe some slight Rules changes? Either way, the cover basically confirms this will be a standard yearly release and therefore awesome.

Gonna go paint up my Aquilor in my excitement.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    WOOOOO! Can't wait! Maybe some point adjustments? Maybe some slight Rules changes? Either way, the cover basically confirms this will be a standard yearly release and therefore awesome.

Gonna go paint up my Aquilor in my excitement.

English side ruined! Must. Use. French. Instructions. Le General's Handbook? What the hell is that?

15. - Top - End - #285
    Colossus in the Playground

We've had that in German for a while. Everyone I know stopped buying any of the books in German at around the time of hte last wood elves book for Warhammer Fantasy, where they started putting all the unit and faction names in English, in an otherwise German text. It was horrendous.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Le General's Handbook? What the hell is that?
    It's like the normal General's Handbook, but more gentlemanly.
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    We've had that in German for a while. Everyone I know stopped buying any of the books in German at around the time of hte last wood elves book for Warhammer Fantasy, where they started putting all the unit and faction names in English, in an otherwise German text. It was horrendous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    It's like the normal General's Handbook, but more gentlemanly.
    Not sure if you're missing the reference or my attempt at humour was too subtle?

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Not sure if you're missing the reference or my attempt at humour was too subtle?
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2017-06-25 at 07:55 AM.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Colossus in the Playground

I'd say that Ninth Age has been going massively downhill for a while now and isn't much fun either. Plus they haven't published anything in months, so I assume it's mostly dead.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'd say that Ninth Age has been going massively downhill for a while now and isn't much fun either. Plus they haven't published anything in months, so I assume it's mostly dead.
    It's in a rules freeze, one that has been extended past summer 2017. The big thing slowing them down is having to completely redo Warriors of the Dark Gods, and Deamon Legions cause no way can they claim the current versions isn't GW IP. According to the previews they have put out Chaos is becoming the seven deadly sins, and WS is getting broken up into 2 stats for offence and defense.

That said, hopefully with a new generals handbook my Skeleton horde will get some goodies.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    That said, hopefully with a new generals handbook my Skeleton horde will get some goodies.
    Just park your unit of 30 archers on Damned terrain and watch your opponent cry as ~60 arrows kill all their melee units on 4+/4+ or 3+/4+ with High Queen Khalida as your general.
    Last edited by Beelzebub1111; 2017-06-25 at 04:37 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

This is the army I think I'm going to bring to a local GT in a couple weeks:

Lord-Castellant: General, Staunch Defender, Lantern of the Tempest
    Knight-Venator: Luckstone
    Knight-Azyros

Knight-Heraldor

Judicators - Bows
    Judicators - Bows

Judicators - Crossbows

Aetherwings
    Aetherwings

Protectors x5: 2x Starsoul
    Hurricane Raptors
    Longstrike Raptors x9

Aetherstrike Battalion

2000/2000

For those who don't know, Aetherstrike is an insanely powerful Battalion that lets a unit fire if another unit in the Battalion is slain, and also lets one unit fire in the Hero phase at a target near the Azyros or a unit of Aetherwings. So, of course, you bring 9 Longstrikes and obliterate anything that wipes a unit or gets too close to your wings.

The Castellant and Protectors can bodyguard them quite well: you're at a -1 to shoot them and reroll 6s to hit (rerolls before modifiers, so it's quite powerful at deflecting those hot dice), and then the Castellant gives out the +1 to save aura. Anything that gets close enough to charge gets screened by Judicators/Aetherwings, and if they kill them, then lit up by the Longstrikes again.

What do you guys think? Is 9 Longstrikes a bit overkill? 6 is probably just as powerful, and also opens up enough points to beef up the Protectors to 10 and make a serious frontline unit that can go out with the Castellant if the shooters don't need anti-shooting tech.
    Last edited by Requizen; 2017-06-27 at 04:14 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Having a 2000 point match this saturday against ogres. I will be running 2 bullgor stampedes. Wish me luck

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Sounds like a cool matchup! I feel like whoever hits first is going to get the upper hand really fast haha. Hope it goes well!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHOmZRwYz4

GET HYPE WOOO

I wonder what they mean by "new Allies Rules". I hope they don't mess with Grand Alliances too much, but some restrictions might be good for the game. Maybe Matched Play will get "detachments", like if you want to bring, say, Beastclaw Raiders and Moonclan, you might need to take a Leader and Troop from each instead of 4 BCR Leaders and 90 Grots.

Can't wait! Might start Lizards!

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

I like how they start with "it was an age of chaos". That's certainly one way of saying "we done goofed".
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    I like how they start with "it was an age of chaos". That's certainly one way of saying "we done goofed".
    "Putting it lightly, there was a crap tornado"

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

It's the use of the passive voice that gets me. Like a mechanic who personally punctured your petrol tank saying "we discovered a fuel leakage problem".
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

29. - Top - End - #299
    Banned

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBHOmZRwYz4

GET HYPE WOOO

I wonder what they mean by "new Allies Rules". I hope they don't mess with Grand Alliances too much, but some restrictions might be good for the game. Maybe Matched Play will get "detachments", like if you want to bring, say, Beastclaw Raiders and Moonclan, you might need to take a Leader and Troop from each instead of 4 BCR Leaders and 90 Grots.

Can't wait! Might start Lizards!
    I've moderately enjoyed Totallynotlizardmen(TM) although have nothing to compare it too. Playing my mates TotallyNotDarkElves

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Latest news updates about Matched Play:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...mepage-post-3/

Rules of 1 have been updated to restrict Artifacts to one copy per army and not being able to reroll/modify the Initiative roll (which has nothing to do with the number 1 but I'm glad they clarified that). Also a 6 will always hit or wound regardless of modifier, so goodbye Death debuff stacking lists.

Blob units get a discount at max size. Mentioned this in a previous post, but it's cool to see on the page. Stormvermin in particular get a 60 point drop for being max size, which isn't too huge but is pretty noticeable, especially if you have multiple bricks.

New mission is kind of like Three Places of Power, except it's only two points, you can also hold with Behemoths, and the points heal you. BCR are going to need serious point adjustments or this is going to be an auto win for them.

Didn't talk about Allies when they were fully revealed. I like the idea of 400 points of Order alongside my Stormcast (hello Bastilidon or Hurricanum with Atherstrike, shooting out the wazooo), and it's nice to have with all the new Allegiance bonuses.

This is looking better and better. Hoping to see a preorder this weekend, but unlikely with the new Codices and Primaris releases. Maybe next time.