The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 35 of 45 FirstFirst ... 102526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1345
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Requizen View Post
    Well, no new unit releases. I wouldn't be surprised if they did rules for Magmadroth with no riders, though.
    Oh sweet, that Lava Golem thing looks ****in' sweet!
    ...Oh, it's an Endless Spell? ...Nevermind.
    Steam Name: Cheesegear
    League of Legends Name: Cheesegear
    You can fight like a krogan or run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Barbarian in the Playground

Beholder

So Fyreslayer MKII reviews and warscrolls are showing up, and seem strong. Seem to have moved a bit more towards being an elite army with a bunch buff characters.

Some standouts
    - Throwing Axes nerfed to 5+/5+. This is sad.
    - Vulkites don't get beard saves, but having 2 wounds and 3+ to hit is much better. And you can trigger a "take me down with you" once per battle which can be good if you assume you are going down anyway.
    - Battlesmiths are strong. 3 attacks at 3+/3+/-1/2 and a 4+ save is good for a support character, as his main purpose is to raise the Icon and give everyone wholly within 12" of him +1 to save rolls (including himself) No retreats if you do that, but who cares. On first glance this appears to stack. (combine this with the +1 to save prayer for 3+ save 4+ beard save Berzerkers
    - Aurics can leap in front of non-mounted heroes to take their wounds. Useful.
    - Runemasters being able to make scenery deadly and forcing mortal wounds around scenery is especially good now everyone gets their own special scenery. Spotting ur-gold no longer buffs enemies, but has a low chance to trigger. It will last until end of battle though.
    - Runesmiters can still tunnel. And have a prayer to allow re-roll to wounds.
    - Runesons on magmadroths seem brutal, and if you have multiple they can give out rerolls to hit to each other.
    - Grimwraths & Doomseekers are Heroes, but not leaders. Great if you run a Greyfryd with +2 relics. Grimwraths appear to be especially strong with 4 3+/3+/-2/2 attacks, high chance at attacking again at the end of combat, beard save, and being able to strike when killed. Only 100pts so he'll show up in lists.

This will be interesting how this shapes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

My first impression is that Fyreslayers are quite good with the changes. The Warscroll updates are either sidegrades or upgrades in general, and the new stuff in the Battletome is interesting. The Lodges seem good, though dunno if there are any real standout Traits/Artifacts that would make it worth not going a Lodge.

I like the idea of 5 Magamdroths in 2k though. It's probably terrible, but it's pretty cool.

4. - Top - End - #1024

Beholder

My first impression is that Fyreslayers are quite good with the changes. The Warscroll updates are either sidegrades or upgrades in general, and the new stuff in the Battletome is interesting. The Lodges seem good, though dunno if there are any real standout Traits/Artifacts that would make it worth not going a Lodge.

I like the idea of 5 Magamdroths in 2k though. It's probably terrible, but it's pretty cool.
    That does sound cool. Might even be decent.

I am mainly fearful of Heartguard Berzerker hordes. 2 wounds, easily buffable save, 4+ beard save (Assuming they're near a hero, but why wouldn't they be?) and good Bravery will make those a chore to chew through.

In case people play Underworlds, we got our first preview of the Sylvaneth. https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ris-guardians/

Flipping on healing is... interesting. Not sure if I like it, especially with mediocre health pools. The fact that everyone has reactions is interesting though.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    That does sound cool. Might even be decent.

I am mainly fearful of Heartguard Berzerker hordes. 2 wounds, easily buffable save, 4+ beard save (Assuming they're near a hero, but why wouldn't they be?) and good Bravery will make those a chore to chew through.

In case people play Underworlds, we got our first preview of the Sylvaneth. https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ris-guardians/

Flipping on healing is... interesting. Not sure if I like it, especially with mediocre health pools. The fact that everyone has reactions is interesting though.
    Hearthguard are going to give people fits. Unless, of course, your army shoots and just removes the Heroes, then their beard save goes down to a 6+ and they Bravery off the board. #shootingmeta

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ks-profiteers/

KO Warband for Underworlds as well. Was going to post Sylvaneth yesterday but wasn't sure if anyone here even played haha.

I really like both warbands. KO seem much stronger in general - I feel like Sylvaneth don't have a really focused Objective plan since they don't want to really play the Supremacy game and aren't super killy, but it'll depend on their Faction cards and what not. Their fighters are super interesting though, remember that their Inspire doesn't have to remove tokens to go off, so Healing Potion is essentially Inspiration Strikes but with an occasional upside.

KO have a lot of nice flexibility in Score Immediately cards and kill cards, since they can deal solid damage from a range and inspire off of easy Score Immediately cards like What Armor? or Get Thee Hence. They're going to be the bane of all Swarm Warbands like Skeletons/Gitz/Nighthaunt, but might have some trouble on fast tough things like Magores or Gurzag.

I buy everything anyways, but I really can't wait to give the Sylvaneth in particular a try, since they seem super tricky and could end up being a great warband to catch people off guard with.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

so got a game in last night; it went generally like this:

Me: Grand host
    Them: Saraphon
    Realm: Hysh

my turn: cast Banishment
    their turn: lords of space and time

Que Yackity Sax
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 9mm View Post
    so got a game in last night; it went generally like this:

Me: Grand host
    Them: Saraphon
    Realm: Hysh

my turn: cast Banishment
    their turn: lords of space and time

Que Yackity Sax
    "Go away"
    "No"
    "GO AWAY"
    "NOOOOOO"

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I definitely don't want to make a whole new thread about it. Did they ever bring back Gotrek and Felix from the old Warhammer novels in Age of Sigmar? I had read somewhere they it was planned, but never saw if they actually did so.

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I definitely don't want to make a whole new thread about it. Did they ever bring back Gotrek and Felix from the old Warhammer novels in Age of Sigmar? I had read somewhere they it was planned, but never saw if they actually did so.
    Gortek is back, played by Brian Blessed, in Realmslayer.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ettin in the Playground

Gortek is back, played by Brian Blessed, in Realmslayer.
    Interesting. So no Felix then? It's hard to imagine a Gotrek book without him. Especially since they're always from Felix's point of view.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

Interesting. So no Felix then?
    One of Gotrek's current goals is to find Felix among the Stormcasts. Gotrek is convinced that there's no way Felix didn't make the cut...You know...From that time when Felix prevented Be'lakor from becoming the fifth Chaos God. It was a pretty big deal.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-04-17 at 07:58 PM.
    You can fight like a krogan or run like a leopard but you'll never be better than Commander Shepard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

12. - Top - End - #1032

Beholder

Hearthguard are going to give people fits. Unless, of course, your army shoots and just removes the Heroes, then their beard save goes down to a 6+ and they Bravery off the board. #shootingmeta

https://www.warhammer-community.com/...ks-profiteers/

KO Warband for Underworlds as well. Was going to post Sylvaneth yesterday but wasn't sure if anyone here even played haha.

I really like both warbands. KO seem much stronger in general - I feel like Sylvaneth don't have a really focused Objective plan since they don't want to really play the Supremacy game and aren't super killy, but it'll depend on their Faction cards and what not. Their fighters are super interesting though, remember that their Inspire doesn't have to remove tokens to go off, so Healing Potion is essentially Inspiration Strikes but with an occasional upside.

KO have a lot of nice flexibility in Score Immediately cards and kill cards, since they can deal solid damage from a range and inspire off of easy Score Immediately cards like What Armor? or Get Thee Hence. They're going to be the bane of all Swarm Warbands like Skeletons/Gitz/Nighthaunt, but might have some trouble on fast tough things like Magores or Gurzag.

I buy everything anyways, but I really can't wait to give the Sylvaneth in particular a try, since they seem super tricky and could end up being a great warband to catch people off guard with.
    KO do look interesting. A bit leader heavy, but could be interesting. Definitly an interesting inspire mechanic.

I agree that Sylvaneth aren't going to play objectives. With Leech Power you can even go anti-objective. Good note on their inspire. Does make it less wonkey.

Very unsubtile "Slaanesh is coming" preview on warhammer-community today. Luxcious is probably going to be the named Keeper of Secrets.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    One of Gotrek's current goals is to find Felix among the Stormcasts. Gotrek is convinced that there's no way Felix didn't make the cut...You know...From that time when Felix prevented Be'lakor from becoming the fifth Chaos God. It was a pretty big deal.
    I think I missed that story. Which one was it again? I kinda lost interest in the books after they changed authors a few times and I got older. I'm still interested in the characters out of nostalgia, but not enough to go read the entire series.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Oh sweet, that Lava Golem thing looks ****in' sweet!
    ...Oh, it's an Endless Spell? ...Nevermind.
    OOI what is the problem with Endless Spells? Iíve not yet played AoS, but am being slowly tempted towards it, not least because of the Endless Spells! Iíd even like to see an equivalent in 40k!
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

Also, the Fyreslayers have something similar to but not quite endless spells, like the blessings of khorne.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Titan in the Playground

I think I missed that story. Which one was it again?
    The two-parter, Kinslayer and simply, Slayer by David Guymer, are the final G&F books in the World That Was. On the one hand, they make you feel empty after reading. On the other hand, what other ending to G&F would there be?

Just kidding! Gotrek is back after a few years, in the Mortal Realms in audio, Realmslayer. As mentioned, BRIAN BLESSED does a fantastic Gotrek.
    There's no Felix, and that's a plot point, not a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post
    OOI what is the problem with Endless Spells?
    They're not 'real models'. A lot of people don't like Endless Spells. Some people don't have access to Endless Spells so it seems unfair, etc.
    In a tournament? Sure. Endless Spells and Realm Spells are fair game.
    In the casual setting, some people don't like 'em. Depends on your meta.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2019-04-19 at 04:02 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cheesegear is awesome

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

At least endless spells are paid for in points. What's really bull**** is the terrain that gives you a massive bonus and is free in points (and like £20). I don't know anybody who would object to you taking endless spells, and I'm in a very casual meta.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

They're not 'real models'. A lot of people don't like Endless Spells. Some people don't have access to Endless Spells so it seems unfair, etc.
    In a tournament? Sure. Endless Spells and Realm Spells are fair game.
    In the casual setting, some people don't like 'em. Depends on your meta.

As a casual player who looks at the models with a feeling of Ďthatís really cool, I get to send giant chompy jaws of death around the battlefieldí canít say I understand this perspective in a casual scene, but each to their own! I mean, you have to buy them, so not everyone will have them, but thatís true of any other component of the game!
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Avaris View Post

As a casual player who looks at the models with a feeling of Ďthatís really cool, I get to send giant chompy jaws of death around the battlefieldí canít say I understand this perspective in a casual scene, but each to their own! I mean, you have to buy them, so not everyone will have them, but thatís true of any other component of the game!
    Some casuals won't like them because they're not traditional models and some of them have the potential to be pretty gamechanging.

On the other hand, a few of them are total garbage regardless, while most of them are really good sometimes, for a certain army or in a certain match up, and a complete waste of points in others, so you generally only see the same couple of most competative list, if any at all.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    Some casuals won't like them because they're not traditional models and some of them have the potential to be pretty gamechanging.

On the other hand, a few of them are total garbage regardless, while most of them are really good sometimes, for a certain army or in a certain match up, and a complete waste of points in others, so you generally only see the same couple of most competative list, if any at all.
    Some casuals won't like regular units in the game because they have the potential to be gamechanging. I would never let other people's grumbling be an indicator of whether something is ok to bring or not. Otherwise we'd just bring dice and the rulebooks, except not the dice that we feel roll too many 6s and not the pages of the rulebook that we don't agree with.

Endless Spells are a cool addition. They're risky too, for some armies (but not others cough cough Nagash and Arkhan cough cough) since you have to stay alive and then cast them without failing or getting stopped. I really like how the Predatory spells add an element of controlled chaos to the board - you know they're going to move and can somewhat plan for it, but then if you get to control them you can play mindgames with the opponent, etc. I've definitely seen people bring 4 and have an amazing game, and people bring 4 and they do nothing. Just like, you know, anything else in the game you pay points for.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ogre in the Playground

pretty much all the endless spells are decidedly not worth their points; and are at best, a way to spend spare points you have left over. I maybe will miss the pendulum when I run into a Morathi, but I don't regret ditching them at all.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Some casuals won't like regular units in the game because they have the potential to be gamechanging. I would never let other people's grumbling be an indicator of whether something is ok to bring or not. Otherwise we'd just bring dice and the rulebooks, except not the dice that we feel roll too many 6s and not the pages of the rulebook that we don't agree with.

Endless Spells are a cool addition. They're risky too, for some armies (but not others cough cough Nagash and Arkhan cough cough) since you have to stay alive and then cast them without failing or getting stopped. I really like how the Predatory spells add an element of controlled chaos to the board - you know they're going to move and can somewhat plan for it, but then if you get to control them you can play mindgames with the opponent, etc. I've definitely seen people bring 4 and have an amazing game, and people bring 4 and they do nothing. Just like, you know, anything else in the game you pay points for.
    I know that you know that there are some people who do try and limit what others can bring in a casual setting, I'm sure you've met at least one, if not more. At the very least, you've heard the stories. People are weird and make strange demands sometimes - I'm not saying they're right or trying to justify it, just pointing out why they do the things they do.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

pretty much all the endless spells are decidedly not worth their points; and are at best, a way to spend spare points you have left over. I maybe will miss the pendulum when I run into a Morathi, but I don't regret ditching them at all.
    I find they are situationally quite worth their points. Pendulum, as you say, is one of the few relatively hard Morathi counters, especially if you can pop it through a Spellportal. It's also quite good against elite, low mobility armies like non-Cavalry Stormcast. Portal itself is an insanely valuable tool if you're playing a lot of debuff spells like Legions of Nagash.

I'd argue the cheaper, big ones are often worth their points for just being "DIY Terrain" as it is. Shackles and Pallisade are both insane at creating walls that your opponent can't go through, as is Scuttletide if you're playing Gitz.

There's plenty of stinkers, of course, but I think overall Endless Spells have been a great addition to the game to add variety without being necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Drasius View Post
    I know that you know that there are some people who do try and limit what others can bring in a casual setting, I'm sure you've met at least one, if not more. At the very least, you've heard the stories. People are weird and make strange demands sometimes - I'm not saying they're right or trying to justify it, just pointing out why they do the things they do.
    Oh, for sure, but I've long given up on trying to please those types of people. It's obviously hard to ignore if your whole group is like that and there isn't another gaming group that you can easily join, of course, but I like to think that the sort of whiners who try to limit a game for arbitrary reasons are the exception rather than the rule.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

Hey, has anybody gone up against a spider themed Gitz army? Could you maybe help me clear up the changes between the different kinds of Arachnarok Spiders?
    I know the shaman gets spell-casting and can be a Warlord, and the slinger gets some kind of catapult attack, yeah? What's the deal with the Spiderfang Warparty?

Also, Gloomspite Endless Spells, since you're on the topic. Are they worth picking up, or are there better things to put points into?

25. - Top - End - #1045

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by The Robot Goat View Post
    Hey, has anybody gone up against a spider themed Gitz army? Could you maybe help me clear up the changes between the different kinds of Arachnarok Spiders?
    I know the shaman gets spell-casting and can be a Warlord, and the slinger gets some kind of catapult attack, yeah? What's the deal with the Spiderfang Warparty?

Also, Gloomspite Endless Spells, since you're on the topic. Are they worth picking up, or are there better things to put points into?
    Spiders! You basically have 4 variants, each with their own warscroll. In each case, the spider is the same statwise, and has the Venom and Wall Climber ability.

- Regular Arachnarok. This one doesn't have any goblins, and has the capability to deep strike onto the table from reserves. Good for a surprise attack.

- Arachnarok with War Party. This one has a bunch of goblins riding it. It get bonusses to charge and gets goblin attacks.

- Arachnarok with Flinger. You get some goblins, but most importantly the Flinger which deals mortal wounds and makes foes attack last in the combat phase.

- Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok. Again some goblins, but most importantly a spellcasting shaman who buffs the Venom Ability and buffs Bravery when the general.

- Webspinner Shaman on foot. Needs some mention as a cheap additional caster. Not amazing, but useful..

Personally I would go at least for one Shaman on Spider, as their spell is too important to not have.

As for the endless spells
    - Malevolent Moon: Damaging predatory endless spells. Only 50 points, which is cheap for the mortal wound predatory spells. The negative to spellcasting can be annoying, but I wouldn't rely on that.

- Mork's Mighty Mushroom: Not that impressive. 6d6" setup range and doesn't move, and only affects units within 8" of it. If you roll well on the setup it can be good, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

- Cauldron: Actually pretty good. +1 to cast, and you know all the spells. You have to feed it during your hero phase, but if there are enemies nearby then those are legit food anyway. Very useful on casters that can cast 2 spells.

- Scuttletide: 30pts and can act as a makeshift wall, which are always good to use. It does deal some mortal wounds, but you don't really care for that.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Halfling in the Playground

Goblin

- Arachnarok with Flinger. You get some goblins, but most importantly the Flinger which deals mortal wounds and makes foes attack last in the combat phase.

- Webspinner Shaman on Arachnarok. Again some goblins, but most importantly a spellcasting shaman who buffs the Venom Ability and buffs Bravery when the general.

- Webspinner Shaman on foot. Needs some mention as a cheap additional caster. Not amazing, but useful..

Thanks! I thought that the Flinger looked nice, but I didn't know that the Solo spider got to deep-strike, that's fun. Are the Grot Spider Riders any good, or are Stabbaz just better for battleline? I've heard that Stabbaz are a pretty good pick no matter what theme your army is.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

As for the endless spells
    - Malevolent Moon: Damaging predatory endless spells. Only 50 points, which is cheap for the mortal wound predatory spells. The negative to spellcasting can be annoying, but I wouldn't rely on that.

- Mork's Mighty Mushroom: Not that impressive. 6d6" setup range and doesn't move, and only affects units within 8" of it. If you roll well on the setup it can be good, but otherwise I wouldn't bother.

- Cauldron: Actually pretty good. +1 to cast, and you know all the spells. You have to feed it during your hero phase, but if there are enemies nearby then those are legit food anyway. Very useful on casters that can cast 2 spells.

- Scuttletide: 30pts and can act as a makeshift wall, which are always good to use. It does deal some mortal wounds, but you don't really care for that.
    Good writeup on the Spiders but I'll throw in my two cents on the spells.

Moon is cool but most random moving spells are pretty whatever. The Wizard debuffing is cool but honestly Geminids or Pendulum are better.

Disagree on Mushroom, I think it's very, very good. Unmoving AoE spells are great area denial, as the opponent can't just move it away. It's very random, sure, but with some good dice you can clear hordes really well, and it even puts fairly reliable wounds on small elite units. Expensive, but it forces your opponent to position very differently than they would otherwise.

Cauldron I mostly agree with your assessment, it's a cool upgrade for the most part. Though, here's a neat thing to note: the Moonclan lore is only able to be selected by Moonclan Wizards, but this gives the holder of the Cauldron that lore. You can have your Shaman on Spider cast Itchy Nuisance! And Shamans (Shamen?) have casting bonuses.

Troggoths don't get access to either Lore, so bringing a Troll Hag means she doesn't get access to extra spells... unless she has the Cauldron, and then she's busting out Great Green Spite! And not to mention the Hag can heal back any wounds the Cauldron does to her!

Scuttletide is actually busted. A wall that you can set up off of any Terrain piece on the board? And puts out reliable MWs? Stopping movement is one of the (if not the) best uses of Endless Spells, unlike Pallisade, Shackles, or Gravetide this one can come up anywhere. So good.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ettin in the Playground

Daemon

Noob question from someone who has random models picked up mainly for aesthetics but might want to actually play some time:

What's a bare-minimum (say 500 point), easy to use Fyreslayer build for someone starting out? I'm not worried about being tournament competitive, but would like to not be utter trash.

I say Fyreslayers because I happen to already have the Start Collecting kit for them as well as the Endless spells Magmic Invocations.

I also might have the nucleus for some type of chaos army--I have the following models:
    * Demon Prince (wings, sword)
    * 3x Tzangor on disks (due to liking the aesthetics, 1 has a bow and 2 have polearms)
    * 16x Chaos Warriors (1 lieutenant, 1 hornblower, 1 standard-bearer. The rest are mixed shield/2-weapon)
    * 10 Bloodletters (1 special one)

Anything salvageable there at all?
    Dream of Hope: a 5e setting. http://www.admiralbenbo.org
    PhoenixPhyre's Extended Homebrew Signature
    5e Monster Data Sheet--vital statistics for all 693 MM, Volo's, and now MToF monsters: Updated!

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    What's a bare-minimum (say 500 point), easy to use Fyreslayer build for someone starting out? I'm not worried about being tournament competitive, but would like to not be utter trash.
    at 500 points? take a runesmiter on foot and 2 10 blocks of vulkite battle line and the flame spitter. Fyreslayers are expensive in points and will probably need to get to 1000-2000pts before making a cohesive force.

30. - Top - End - #1050

Beholder

Noob question from someone who has random models picked up mainly for aesthetics but might want to actually play some time:

I say Fyreslayers because I happen to already have the Start Collecting kit for them as well as the Endless spells Magmic Invocations.
    Personally I would use 1000pts as minium, but if you want 500pts I would go for vulkites + aurics + runesmiter as a core. I think runesmiter still makes aurics battleline, if not more vulkites. If you have points up the vulkites or add a battlesmith. Vulkites are for taking objectives and the smiter + aurics can pop up from deepstrike to lay waste on a target. Aurics also make the Smiter less likely to die.

I also might have the nucleus for some type of chaos army--I have the following models:
    * Demon Prince (wings, sword)
    * 3x Tzangor on disks (due to liking the aesthetics, 1 has a bow and 2 have polearms)
    * 16x Chaos Warriors (1 lieutenant, 1 hornblower, 1 standard-bearer. The rest are mixed shield/2-weapon)
    * 10 Bloodletters (1 special one)

Anything salvageable there at all?
    Well this looks pretty doable in getting som Tzeentch army up.... oh, bloodletters. That gets awkward.

Proxy the bow-tzaangor as an enlightened tzaangor (polearm). If people aren't fine with that, you will have to replace the bow with a polearm.

You can run Generic Chaos, using the bloodletters and Chaos warriors as battleline led by a daemon prince, and the Tzaangors as more heavy hitters. So pretty salvageable.

I am not sure about the current Khorne allies, but if they can still take Brayherd/Beasts of Chaos you can run a Khorne army (marking the Chaos Warriors and Daemon Prince) and take the Tzaangors as allies (they're beasts) Which can be nifty.