New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,476 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Bugbear in the Playground

Beholder

Default Re: Age of Sigmar: Points and Handbooks

He will want a Bloodsecrator at the very least. This guy is in the SC Khorne Bloodbound or on ebay. The bloodsecrator is too good to ignore, he gives +1 attack to each friendly Khorne within 18" (and unlike most, doesn't care if they're demons or mortals) and there is always use for sacrifical bloodreavers.

If he wants to use a Bloodthirster then that is a solid pick. They buff Khorne Daemons, so you want some of those. Flesh Hounds and Bloodletters are good demons.

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    I'm attending a tournament in January and want to plan my list far enough in advance that I can get it all painted.

Skarbrand - 380
    *Bloodsecrator - 120
    Slaughterpriest - 100
    *Slaughterpriest - 100
    *Bloodstoker - 80

5x Blood Warriors - 100
    *5x Blood Warriors - 100
    *5x Blood Warriors - 100
    10x Bloodreavers - 70
    *10x Bloodreavers - 70
    6x Bloodcrushers - 280
    *5x Wrathmongers - 140

Gore Pilgrims batallion - 140 (Increase the range of the Bloodsecrator to 24").
    Skull Altar - 0

That leaves 220 points.
    • My preference for what to spend that on is 10x Flesh Hounds or 20x Bloodletters just because I already have those painted, but I'm tempted by some Hexgorger Skulls - it's a team tournament, and I can make my niche "no magic allowed", possibly with Karanak as well.
    • The basic vibe is to get lots and lots of mortal wounds out of Skarbrand, and ideally also the bloodcrushers. With a Goretide charge as well, thats three fast units hitting very hard turn one.
    • One possibility is to use the Goretide command ability with the Bloodsecrator, and get a first-turn-charge with bloodreavers or blood warriors (in which case, the best thing to do is to combine the units I think.)
    • Another option is to go Reapers of Vengeance and use the command ability to let Skarbrand pile in and attack again. They also have more "no wizards allowed" abilities.

Stuff I haven't yet painted is marked with a *: my hope is to not have any more than this to paint so ideally the extra 220 points should be any combination of Bloodletters/Flesh Hounds/Herald of Blood on foot (he has always sucked, though)/Karanak.
    Interesting that you are taking Bloodcurshers over Skullcrushers.

Herald of Blood on foot is nicer when you have other bloodletters around so you can make use of his pile in trick. (Note that it says the Keyword Bloodletters)

I think some Flesh Hounds might be nice so you have some speed available.

EDIT: 50th page! Lets cook up some names.

My vote goes to " Threadellion Postscribes"
    Last edited by PraetorDragoon; 2019-11-17 at 04:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

Bloodcrushers are cheaper, and I have six of them painted. I've tried using the herald and his own attacks are so weedy that activating him+bloodletters seems useless compared to just activating the bloodletters and having the eighty points elsewhere. In four games, he's not killed a single model. I suspect he'd be worthwhile if I used something or other to make him and a big block of bloodletters attack first but... thats a lot for just bloodletters. And bloodletters aren't that good.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Age of Sigmar II: Back to the Old World
    Evil round every corner, careful not to step in any.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ettin in the Playground

So... is it just me or do the blades of Khorne sling around a lot of 'Not-Magic' that makes it better than actual magic in the form of prayers?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    So... is it just me or do the blades of Khorne sling around a lot of 'Not-Magic' that makes it better than actual magic in the form of prayers?
    Prayers are often better than Spells since you can't deny them. Originally they were tamed by having lesser effects or shorter ranges (usually just short ranged buffs), but now you get crazy stuff, especially in Khorne and DoK.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Titan in the Playground

New thread! There wasn't much of a consensus on the name, but I'm open to changing it should one develop.