New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Blooddawn (5e) [IC]

Illufaus bows to the devil. "Apologies madam, but my soul is not for sale anymore. Unless that is all you desire, I have nothing else to offer you. I would ask you to refrain from trying to take them by force please. We are quite well armed." He smiles, and clicks his fingers. The three ghouls throw back their hoods. "Say hello children."

The three ghouls wave, "Hellllloooggg" they groan in unison, waving weakly in the fiend's direction.
    Last edited by Belac93; 2016-07-09 at 03:41 PM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiara looks around, curious to her new warm surroundings. The devil barkeep comments on them all as the halfling tries to make a threat. "Uhh yeah, what she said. None of our souls are for sale and unless you take gold as payment, which I don't think you do, then I suggest that you back off and and tell us what we need to know lady."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I might as well give it a try too.
    (1d20+6)[8]

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

She steps back and puts a hand to her heart in an exaggerated show of being wounded by your words. "You mortals never cease to amaze me. Who said anything about buying your souls. Oh no, that would be rather gauche of me, wouldn't it? Just ask you for your souls before we've even had a drink together? The most I would ask of you fine people would be a short, fixed term lease where your soul is collateral.

I provide you a way to get to Tiamat, avoiding a thousand miles of trekking through the majesty of our humble abode and almost certain death from the meteors that rain down upon us every other day or being pressed into service for the Blood War (terrible business, that, I stand committed to a more diplomatic solution with our counterparts from the Abyss, but you didn't hear that from me), and one of you loans me their soul until you return having completed whatever business you're on. I showcase it to a few collectors, make them jealous, maybe get a discount on some I've had my eye on for the last few centuries thanks to the cache of having it. When you return, you get your soul back, no harm no foul.

If you're not interested in giving me one of yours even for that, though, perhaps one of your children's souls would do. Little things, children's souls, hardly worth a trifle and rarely missed. You seem like you would have some spare. I've got contracts drawn up for all kinds of arrangements, whatever's to your liking.

Now, if none of that will work for you, I suppose I could take gold. Worthwhile to be able to make change for my many patrons here. You would not believe how quickly you run low on liquid funds when people trade their souls for something as trite as money. Last fella in here, you wouldn't believe how cheap he sold his. Tell you what. One thousand gold a piece and I can have you teleport direct to Tiamat's front gate. Tell me what your business with her is, and I'll throw in the claw of an Abishai who worked directly under the old lady herself. Let you get right where you want guaranteed.

I'm sure that would be agreeable to you. You look ready for a fight, but all I am is a simple barkeep, trying to keep the last bit of this city from dying. Darkspine was a bustling metropolis once, but then it just went straight to hell. You should have seen it back then."
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2016-07-23 at 01:11 PM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You drive a hard bargain lady, I guess everyone in a different plane is a trickster. If I learned anything from my visit to the feywild, it's that you shouldn't trust anyone. Borrowing a soul, taking our children's souls or gold. I know I suggested that the gold part but damn that's costly... What should we do Liddil?" She turns to their halfling leader, wondering what to do.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

"It's a surprisingly reasonable price for a shortcut, says Rokku, "but any kind of deal with fiends is bound to have hidden snags. I imagine we'd find ourselves neck-deep in guards appearing suddenly at Tiamat's gate."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

"You will find no deal from me devil, and if my companions decide to enact their own deal you will find my sword backing them." Sebastian holds his sword and grips the blade in preparation.

Spoiler: Let's join the intim fail train...
    Show
    Intimidation - (1d20+1)[11]
    Last edited by Lioslaith; 2016-07-11 at 10:27 AM.
    I like the globe warm...

If you live for people's acceptance you will die from their rejection.

Remember, no matter how hot she is, someone, somewhere is tired of her crap.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

She smiles at Sebastian and starts cleaning a glass. "Honey, you just aren't my type. Save the flirting for someone else. I could get you in with a lovely Brachina I know - she'd fall head over hooves for someone with your personality."

She fills the glass and finds a seat at a large table and motions for you to come join her. "Let's talk. You don't trust me. I probably wouldn't trust me either if this was my first time in Hell. So I get where you're coming from. Keep being shrewd - that'll let you get by in this place, and that's my free tip to you folks.

So, you're worried about landing right in among Tiamat's guards? Let me go find my maps, I'll point you to where the major guard stations are and where you'll land. I have a reputation to uphold, you know, and dropping mortals into deadly situations on the regular just does not make me look good. I like mortals. I like when you do well, and I especially like being able to say 'you see that, I helped them get that done' because it means I did well, too."

She gets up and heads toward a back room. "I'm going to go find my maps. Think on it. And think on this - four thousand total for all of you, and I'll even come with you. Or I'll draw up a passport for you, explaining your business with the dragon. In triplicate, with every aurosh slashed, signed by Baalzephon himself. Malphas will take one look at the paperwork and the sniveling worm will dust the path ahead of you as you walk toward the throne room."
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2016-07-11 at 12:40 PM.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

8. - Top - End - #38

Imp

"Oddly polite." Illufaus muses. "I don't have much experience with fiends, but are they usually this friendly? She actually seems like a reasonable person."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

"The friendlier they are the more we should probably worry," says Rokku, "but this one may actually be on the up and up. As much as she can be, anyway."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Liddil Shieldmaiden, Halfling Devotee of Yondalla
    Liddil narrows her eyes as the devil speaks, and when she is gone, turns to the others, "Rokku is right, the friendlier, the more we need to be careful. She seems as if she wants to help us, but she is evil incarnate so how much can we trust her, exactly. I was not aware we needed this much gold to get to Tiamat, I have naught but 600g left from my travels and trying to find everyone. Of course, anyone who pays into this....bribe....will be compensated back their gold." Liddil looks the way the devil went, "I hate to even consider dealing with one such as her, but desperate times and all.....and unless someone knows a quicker way to get to Tiamat herself...."
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian listens to Liddil quietly and when she finishes "I could offer her my soul, if you think it would help. I've not had much use for it lately."
    I like the globe warm...

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Liddil shakes her head as Zane's words come out, "Absolutely not. No ones soul is being sold today. Not on my watch."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian smiles at the defiant little woman leading them, "Then I am thankful it is indeed your watch, littlebit."
    I like the globe warm...

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

"I happen to have a cash surplus," says Rokku, "not much to spend on when the Sun Above provides. I'd be happy to make up any difference."

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I... have some gold as well, I brought them thinking we were gonna be able to spend them on a lot of wares and goodies but, I assume there isn't much of that here. I could split it with you Rokku, if everyone is alright with this deal."

16. - Top - End - #46

Imp

"I regret that I have very little money at this moment," Illufaus says, turning out his pockets apologetically, "So, I am afraid I will not be able to pay for anything much."

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

She returns with a rolled up piece of parchment. "Found it. So, do we have a deal?"

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Panzo View Post
    "I... have some gold as well, I brought them thinking we were gonna be able to spend them on a lot of wares and goodies but, I assume there isn't much of that here. I could split it with you Rokku, if everyone is alright with this deal."
    Liddil gives both of them a little bow, "Yondalla thanks you, and I swear you will be given back everything you give for this. I will make sure of it." As the devil comes back, Liddil narrows her eyes again, but begrudgingly agrees. "As much as I hate to even talk to a devil, much less make a deal with one, it seems we have no choice. You will have your money, fiend. And I swear my Yondalla herself, if you betray us, I will come back for you." Liddil's hands pulse with electrical energies for a moment. She knew she wasn't very intimidating, but that didn't make her promise any less real.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian drops his gold pouch into the mix with the rest.
    I like the globe warm...

20. - Top - End - #50
    Troll in the Playground

Rokku hands his gold to Liddil.

"Take what you need little one. I trust you."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Her eyes light up as she reaches for the pouch. "Do you feel the electricity between us?" she asks Liddil. She then spreads her parchment on the table, revealing a map of the area surrounding Tiamat's palace.

"Since you're worried about guards and such I'm not going to have you go right to the gate. You'll be dropped off here," she points to a spot on the map roughly a mile south of the palace, "that way you can sneak or do whatever it is mortals do when approaching gods. Just follow the road, and if the smell grows stronger you'll know you're going in the right direction.

"Mind the maggot pit," she says, pointing to a large area directly to the south of the gate. "You don't want to fall in, but as you can see the best way to the gate is to cross it. Here's that claw - present it to Arraka at the gate there and he'll know I sent you and not to try and bother you. Inside, the place is a bit of a maze. I don't rightly remember how to reach the throne room, but the only guard station I know of on the inside is directly outside the throne room. That's where you should find Malphas.

"And here is the passport. Signed and sealed by Baalzephon. That should keep you out of trouble with any other Baatezu. Especially with Bel out there still frustrated that Archduchess Zariel has her job back. Are you ready? If you'll follow me to the wine cellar, you'll be on your way."

Spoiler: Liddil and Kiara
    Show
    You each feel there's a bit more than she's letting on, but you can't quite place what or why, and whether it's intentional deception or simply devilish nature. Your instincts say be on your guard, though.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2016-07-21 at 01:13 AM.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Liddil listens to the Devil's explanation.....but something seems to be missing. She doesn't know what and she can't quite tell why there is something missing....but there is. "Wait", Liddil says before they head down to the basement, "what aren't you telling us? I can tell there is something. Come on, then....spit it out."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Sebastian mulls over what the devil said and his limited knowledge of the lower plains.

Spoiler: Insight
    Show
    Disregard if he needn't roll it. Insight - (1d20+2)[18]
    I like the globe warm...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kiara nods to Liddil in respect then glances back at the devil, "Whoa there, hold up. You said you'd come with us or give us the passport. We haven't decided on that yet, so let's not rush things alright? And here's my share of gold... that I'll give once you answer the boss's question. Go on then, you heard the lady."

Spoiler: Insight Check and Intimidation Check
    Show

Insight: (1d20+2)[17]
    Intimidation: (1d20+6)[14]

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

At Liddil's question she tilts her head. "You're a nosy little mortal, aren't you? Here." She takes out a scrap of parchment and burns a short message into it with her finger tip. "Destroy that when you've read it. You don't want that message falling into the wrong hands. Your heads would roll and I would be demoted."

Spoiler: Message in infernal
    Show
    Translated, it reads: I forged the seal. Making passports for mortals is my racket, and I'm very good at it.

Kiara's words seem to have an effect. She holds her hands up in wide-eyed shock. "Well, all right, we'll go slow then. With your lifespans I would have thought you would want to go faster, but that's not my business. So you decide, passport or escort to the site."

She stands aside and waits for you to confer and decide. In the meantime, an imp teleports in next to her, looks at you, and whispers in her ear. "Tell them to come collect it themselves. As you can see, I am currently negotiating a deal with some very pleasant mortals," she says. The imp whispers something else into her ear. "No. Yes. No again." She rubs her forehead a bit and shakes her head, while the imp whispers yet again. "Okay. I will talk to them later. Give me that parchment." She marks the parchment with her finger. "There. Now go back to licking the scum off their talons."

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Liddil reads it over and looks up at the devil, "Something tells me our heads would roll regardless. How confident are you in these passports?" Liddil stuffs the burnt parchment down the front of her studded leather, in a hurry. "Confident enough that I should never have to use that message?" Liddil raises and eyebrow at the devil.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Her eyes narrow and she leans in close and whispers into Liddil's ear. "You want to be careful how you speak - you never know which walls have ears in Baator." She straightens herself up and speaks normally again. "How long do you mortals live? Two hundred years? Three hundred before it all goes dark? I've been doing my job for at least eight of your mortal lifetimes. If you want my help, and it seems more like you need my help, then I think we have an understanding. Do we have an understanding?"
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2016-07-21 at 03:17 PM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Liddil slightly flinches as the devil leans in to whisper in her ear. She can feel the heat of its breath on her neck...it makes her uncomfortable. "We do have an understanding....as long as we have an understanding." Liddil gives her a knowing look, making sure she understands, "If so, then show us the way. I am ready to be rid of the hells as soon as I can."

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

29. - Top - End - #59

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by SaintRidley View Post
    Her eyes narrow and she leans in close and whispers into Liddil's ear. "You want to be careful how you speak - you never know which walls have ears in Baator." She straightens herself up and speaks normally again. "How long do you mortals live? Two hundred years? Three hundred before it all goes dark? I've been doing my job for at least eight of your mortal lifetimes. If you want my help, and it seems more like you need my help, then I think we have an understanding. Do we have an understanding?"
    "And I have been doing my job for at least that long." Illufuas says casually. "My job is simple, at least nowadays. Kill things that make trouble. I am willing to accept your offer, but remember to keep us on your good side." A faint energy radiates out from him.

He leans in and whispers in her ear, "I will be doing whatever I can to keep us safe. If it comes to that, and an escort is needed, is there a way I can contact you?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Casting Detect magic.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well here's someone with a proper sense of time, at least," she says. "If you need me, send for Jebelam. Now if you would all follow me to the wine cellar, I have to figure out which of my circles is for the Maggot Pit drop off again. I think it's next to the rack for the bloodwine."

As you head down into the cellar, it grows very dark. Those with darkvision see nothing out of the ordinary, just racks and shelves filled with bottles of wine. "This shelf here," she gestures, "is of a vintage from before Darkspine wound up down here. Seven thousand years old and the best wine ever made in Sigil, and now I'm the only seller."

She tells you to mind your step as she makes a turn around a big cask. "Haven't bottled that one yet, I'm still aging it another few centuries. The grapes were watered by the Styx itself. Should turn out quite potent in the end."

At last you find yourselves in a far corner of the wine cellar, near a small rack. "Okay." She waves a hand and the wall behind the rack disappears, revealing a chamber about fifteen feet on a side, with a very large circle carved into the stone floor. She peers at it and nods. "This is the one. Get in the circle and you'll be at your destination in no time."