New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin: What's for Lunch?

Previouse Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...geki-No-Kyojin

Time for a new thread since the old one hit page 50.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: Attack on Titan / Shingeki No Kyojin: What's for Lunch?

Spoiler
    Show
    That pack mule titan's a real MVP for the enemy side, eh. I wonder if it's a shifter, really sharp, or somehow being directed by Beast. Also, it would not surprise me at all if the titan serum doesn't work quite as well as the protagonists hope, regardless of how the Armin/Erwin struggle develops. At first I was like, oh great their come-back-to-life potion that cheapens the loss of previous chapters is back online thanks to them catching an enemy titan. But then when half-dead Erwin showed up I was like, hell yeah here comes the drama.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    This one was mostly about the cast going back and forth about who to save. Levi finally chooses who to save and it's not Erwin. Armin get the shot and promptly eats Bertolt. So who won this battle? The Beast Titan or humanity. The trap failed and the gate has been sealed so the Wall Maria can be retaken. And since they have the Wall the also have what's in the basement of Eren's house (and the Beast Titan doesn't have a clue about what's there.) But the Survey Corps has been gutted loosing a huge number of people and very importantly, it's commander. The Beast lost Bertolt and they means he lost the Colossal Titian. That is a HUGE blow to him worse Armin now has those powers though it will be some time before he masters them. He failed to get Eren which was the main purpose of the trap.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

So, I was almost convinced this would not happen. But of course Armin had to be saved because he's younger and the young ones always survive*. So, a lot of drama before he gets fixed and that's about all that happens this month.

As for who won... well, Survey had to sacirifice a lot of men but they were mostly worthless meat shields. They won a lot more, and they gave Beast a run for his money thanks to Levi being beyond OP. Too bad they didn't also get Reiner but whatever.

So will we finally see the basement?

*almost
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

So, I was almost convinced this would not happen. But of course Armin had to be saved because he's younger and the young ones always survive*. So, a lot of drama before he gets fixed and that's about all that happens this month.

As for who won... well, Survey had to sacirifice a lot of men but they were mostly worthless meat shields. They won a lot more, and they gave Beast a run for his money thanks to Levi being beyond OP. Too bad they didn't also get Reiner but whatever.

So will we finally see the basement?

*almost
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you're talking about the main cast, yeah, the younger ones will probably make it. But that doesn't promise survival, ie the Battle of Trost. I'd say the Survey Corp won. However, unless what's in the basement pays off in more titan serum/augmentations/answers the price might have been too high. The wall was sealed at least...

Spoiler
    Show
    ..edit: Also... it looks like Berolt was for lunch.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2016-08-10 at 03:25 PM.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it does look like a huge win for the survey corps. The price was steep, but the gain is so much higher. They had to pay what were most likely their best leader, and the majority of their grunts.

But in return they have 2 major victories. One of them is longterm, since it takes a while for a new titan shifter to learn control. But the advantage of suddenly having 2 titans on your team instead of one cant be measured when it comes to fighting. I mean, just imagine having to fight Levi while some other titan is trying to grapple with you?

At the same time they also got a very visible victory to rally the populace behind. For the first time in history humanity has recaptured lost ground. Suddenly the loses the survey corp suffered were not a tragic defeat, those that died can be painted as heroes who allowed for the recapture of Wall Maria. And building on that sense of accomplishment should make it easy to gather enough recruits to cover their loses.

Though for that matter, i wonder if they ever will come up with the idea of using their own Titans as sparring targets for new recruits. Give them dull blades and let them lose on Eren, to give them a sense of what it means to fight a wild titan. It could perhaps help to lessen the catastropic loses recruits normally suffer during their first real engagement.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Late to arrive!

I won't be posting regularly because I'm partway through it (chapter 35?), just wanted to pop in and say I'm loving it so far.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Late to arrive!

I won't be posting regularly because I'm partway through it (chapter 35?), just wanted to pop in and say I'm loving it so far.
    This manga will finish up before Guts meets up with Griffith again. Sigh.
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    This manga will finish up before Guts meets up with Griffith again. Sigh.
    Ahh...

Whelp, thanks for the info. At least it's not dead >.>
    Spoiler
    Show
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

10. - Top - End - #10

Spoiler: Chapter 85
    Show
    Eren: "This is the wrong key!"
    Everyone: "GASP! Now what do we do?"
    Levi: "...really?" *kicks down door*
    Jude P.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    So someplace outside the walls have at least 1839 technology (the Daguerreotype which was the first commercial camera first came out in 1839, do note earlier cameras did exist). While the technology inside the walls seem to be roughly the 1700s though with some exceptions such as steam engines / railroads on top of the wall for transports and the absurd 3d maneuver gear. Now the area outside the wall can be far newer than 1839 but I am just trying to gauge relatively the earliest they can be on the technology scale if the technology development was relatively similar to our world.

It would be funny if someone did a Crimson Bow and Arrow remix (1st opening song) where everyone dressed up in revolutionary war fare, stuff like redcoats and funny hats and such.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Show
    So someplace outside the walls have at least 1839 technology (the Daguerreotype which was the first commercial camera first came out in 1839, do note earlier cameras did exist). While the technology inside the walls seem to be roughly the 1700s though with some exceptions such as steam engines / railroads on top of the wall for transports and the absurd 3d maneuver gear. Now the area outside the wall can be far newer than 1839 but I am just trying to gauge relatively the earliest they can be on the technology scale if the technology development was relatively similar to our world.

It would be funny if someone did a Crimson Bow and Arrow remix (1st opening song) where everyone dressed up in revolutionary war fare, stuff like redcoats and funny hats and such.

Spoiler: theories
    Show
    I'm honestly expecting it to turn out that the whole Attack on Titan City is nothing but a large Prison colony like Australia. And that the Titans were sort of a security system/guards to keep the prisoners in check. Its just that this has been going on for so long that the original prisoners died out and we've got their decendants with a bunch of passed down missinformation. The Royalty could even be the decendants of the prison wardens.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Spoiler: theories
    Show
    I'm honestly expecting it to turn out that the whole Attack on Titan City is nothing but a large Prison colony like Australia. And that the Titans were sort of a security system/guards to keep the prisoners in check. Its just that this has been going on for so long that the original prisoners died out and we've got their decendants with a bunch of passed down missinformation. The Royalty could even be the decendants of the prison wardens.
    Spoiler: Chapter 85 and theories
    Show
    I been thinking this for years, but personally I am noticing way too many parallels between the civilization of the walls and a totalitarian state, thus my instincts are always asking the question is the civilization of the walls effectively North Korea? What would it be like in modern days to be born and raised in such a society...similar to how in the matrix if you were born in the matrix how would you know what is normal and what is reality...similar to Plato's the cave metaphor.

I am now dropping this for this is way too close to the rules of politics that our boards frown getting close to, and will do infringements and bans if you go too far.

14. - Top - End - #14

Spoiler: Ch85
    Show
    Probably more like some kind of biological weapons experiment gone wrong, so now the rest of the world just avoids this one island. Kinda like that one manga where it turned out the characters had been transported into the future on some Jurassic Park-type island gone to ruin.
    Jude P.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Show
    Probably more like some kind of biological weapons experiment gone wrong, so now the rest of the world just avoids this one island. Kinda like that one manga where it turned out the characters had been transported into the future on some Jurassic Park-type island gone to ruin.
    Spoiler: more stuff
    Show
    Possibly, though the thing is even with our current level of tech Titans would pose absolutely no threat to our military. So if there were people there that they cared about evacuating there would be nothing stopping them. Titans are big, easy to spot targets, with exploitable weaknesses. If the world had the knowledge of creating Titans in the first place, as well as the tech level we suspect, there's nothing shown that could stop them from intervening.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: possible joke titles going forward
    Show
    I wonder how long we till we get memes of "M Night Shyamalan's The Titan. " Since it's also looking like the plot to Attack on Titan could pretty much be The Villiage, only with actual monsters

17. - Top - End - #17

Show
    Possibly, though the thing is even with our current level of tech Titans would pose absolutely no threat to our military. So if there were people there that they cared about evacuating there would be nothing stopping them. Titans are big, easy to spot targets, with exploitable weaknesses. If the world had the knowledge of creating Titans in the first place, as well as the tech level we suspect, there's nothing shown that could stop them from intervening.
    Show
    1800s weaponry would have more trouble with titans than modern tech, though; and keep in mind, when the titans got loose and the walls originally went up they would have only had 1600s-1700s tech, which is what we see inside the walls in the present day. And if it's an isolated island it would be tough to get troops and weapons there to eradicate the titans, whereas they could just send a couple of small rescue boats to evacuate any important people. Plus, if the rest of the world wasn't aware of it, only some shady government organisation, then there wouldn't be any push to reclaim or evacuate it. Maybe some combination of prison camp and secret research program—prisoners were experimented on, became titans, but either A. it went wrong and they lost their consciousness, and in the ensuing chaos the rest of the prison population revolted and took over the inner district, or B. it went wrong and some of them retained their consciousness, becoming shifters, and the shifters took over (later the shifters split into two factions, the royal family and the outside "village"). The researchers and wardens were either eradicated, or they were evacuated by a couple of small rescue boats; either way, the shady government organisation couldn't mobilise the resources to actually reclaim the island, so they just abandoned it, and things developed to where they are now.
    Jude P.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    Show
    1800s weaponry would have more trouble with titans than modern tech, though; and keep in mind, when the titans got loose and the walls originally went up they would have only had 1600s-1700s tech, which is what we see inside the walls in the present day. And if it's an isolated island it would be tough to get troops and weapons there to eradicate the titans, whereas they could just send a couple of small rescue boats to evacuate any important people. Plus, if the rest of the world wasn't aware of it, only some shady government organisation, then there wouldn't be any push to reclaim or evacuate it. Maybe some combination of prison camp and secret research program—prisoners were experimented on, became titans, but either A. it went wrong and they lost their consciousness, and in the ensuing chaos the rest of the prison population revolted and took over the inner district, or B. it went wrong and some of them retained their consciousness, becoming shifters, and the shifters took over (later the shifters split into two factions, the royal family and the outside "village"). The researchers and wardens were either eradicated, or they were evacuated by a couple of small rescue boats; either way, the shady government organisation couldn't mobilise the resources to actually reclaim the island, so they just abandoned it, and things developed to where they are now.

Spoiler
    Show
    Apparently there's been a lot of references to modern day things that people chalked up to just easter eggs and jokes for the audience. One specifically being the Shifter titan talking about Basketball. Which didn't exist until 1891 and wouldn't have become something popular enough for a character to joke about until even later. I wouldn't be surpised if this was set in present day or a few decades in the future. Another Shifter mentioned throwing a " Perfect Game. " That term didn't exist until 1908
    Last edited by Devonix; 2016-09-08 at 10:06 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show
    The tech that "creates" the Titians seems to be some sort of solar powered nanotechnology (Most wild Titians go to "sleep" at night). Almost everyone is infused with it. The nanotech has different functions and there are different types of nanotech. The "basic" nano that most everyone has can turn people into Titians and also alter even erase memories. But you need someone with a higher level (Coordinator) nano to do order it to do so. The Beast Titian has the nano and so does Eren (From the Reiss family). There are other higher level nano's used for the Colossal Titian and the Armored Titian (and all other Titian Shifters). These nanos can heal a person from horrible injuries and regrow limbs. A few aberrant Titians may have malfunctioning nanos or for some reason they do not work correctly. Some of these aberrants still may have *some* control of their actions and part of their minds and memory working.

Not NEARLY as much time has passed as the characters think it has. Ymir was only a Titian for 60 or so years before she was freed. So how can so little time have passed? Remember the Coordinators power? With it you can control Titians and most people. And this control extends to making them forget and likely creating false memories. This power could also be used to force the Titians to make the Walls and make everyone forget about them. Well not quite everyone. There are some people who seem to be immune to the Coordinators control and these would be the Ackerman family (which was why the Govt was out to get them). They may not even be able to be turned into Titians against their will. Also the Ackerman's we have (Levi and Mikasa in particular) have super human dexterity, reflexes and physical strength.

Side note, inside the Walls the tech is actually in the 1800 range in some areas, but was suppressed by the MPs.

Basic theory: Man got nanotech and something went wrong on a planetary scale. When everything crashed some people "hacked" they nanotech system (or might even been responsible for the disaster) to build their own societies (The Reiss family) or just managed to survive somehow. The civilization in the Walls is just ONE example of these post disaster civs. Titians are still about in large portions of the world though keeping most civs out of contact with each other. The Titian shifters (and Eren's Father) are from outside the Walls and the Beast Titian has a MAJOR hate for the people inside the Walls (reason unknown) and wants the Coordinator Power that Eren has. It's possible that Eren's power outstrips his own. When everything crashed a lot of tech was lost or could no longer be supported. You can know how to build a laser rifle, but unless you have a large and varied industrial base behind you there is no way to actually make one. So most civs are using tech they can support/build locally. Hence the "old style" photograph in the latest chapter. So what we are seeing here is a clash of post fall civs where one was a brutal dictatorship and the other is quite willing to commit genocide. Next month we might get the reason why.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suspect that whatever happened affected the entire planet. There wasn't a small number of Titians that could be targeted and destroyed, but tens, HUNDREDS millions of them showing up all over the planet at nearly the same time. And also inside military bases as some of the troops became Titians.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

But to start with we cant know if those modern day references are intentional, or just a result of a bad translation.

Even if they were intentional, then this is clearly not our world, nothing says that basketball were not invented earlier here.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

But to start with we cant know if those modern day references are intentional, or just a result of a bad translation.

Even if they were intentional, then this is clearly not our world, nothing says that basketball were not invented earlier here.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seems pretty intentional to me. The Beast Titan clearly goes into a pitcher's stance, while performing many pitcher mannerisms, when throwing the crushed rocks at the trapped members of the survey corp. Either the mangaka added the scene in homage to baseball or the Beast Titan has played baseball before (or both.) Either way it is intentional (though for different reasons.) IMO, the Beast Titan played baseball in his past and I find his dialogue to fit the scene quite well (A Perfect Game in baseball means no opposing batters make it to base, which fits the Beast Titan's goal of not allowing anyone to escape.)

Also, where is the basketball reference? I can only recall the baseball references above.
    The New Soulknife Handbook!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    And there I was thinking that Midichlorian counts were a variety of force-sensitive hereditary noble- most notably Dooku.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Spoiler
    Show

What kind of an assumption is this? "They have the technology of the earliest camera so their tech level must be of that time"? That's like suggesting "they have jazz music, so it must be the 1930s". That is not how technology works... or, well, has to work. You can have cameras and still no... whatever was incented before 1839. Or you can have no cameras but futuristic 3DMG...

Spoiler: possible joke titles going forward
    Show
    I wonder how long we till we get memes of "M Night Shyamalan's The Titan. " Since it's also looking like the plot to Attack on Titan could pretty much be The Villiage, only with actual monsters
    Hehe, actually looking forward to that. Thinking of some stuff from the movie.......

Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The tech that "creates" the Titians seems to be some sort of solar powered nanotechnology (Most wild Titians go to "sleep" at night).
    Spoiler
    Show

So... that is probably one of the most far fetched theories yet. Because they go to sleep at night it must be solar powered nano tech? Because "weird disease" or heck, even just "magic" is too simple? But let's assume we got to the point where someone made nano tech gone wrong... what happened to the rest of technology? Royalty decides to surpress 200 years of development because...? Ruling is easier that way? Life is more comfy?

More in general... way to drag out that reveal this month. But maybe next month we will get some answers?
    "What's done is done."

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

What kind of an assumption is this? "They have the technology of the earliest camera so their tech level must be of that time"? That's like suggesting "they have jazz music, so it must be the 1930s". That is not how technology works... or, well, has to work. You can have cameras and still no... whatever was incented before 1839. Or you can have no cameras but futuristic 3DMG...
    Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to miss a few words I wrote, so let me bold them for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00
    Now the area outside the wall can be far newer than 1839 but I am just trying to gauge relatively the earliest they can be on the technology scale if the technology development was relatively similar to our world.
    Do note I agree with your logic and my longer part I am not quoting said as much. I was trying to make a relatively baseline assuming technology happened in a similar way to our society. Technology does not have to work like that, especially in a steampunk campaign world. But since worldbuilding is an art and most people when they do worldbuilding they do not try to do a miss mash of technology unless it is necessary for it wastes screen time and it feels out of place on an unconscious level.

The more you change underlying assumptions of tech and such people start having more arguements that X does not make sense. It takes people out of the narrative. Like how come they did not do X to kill titans more effectively.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show

So... that is probably one of the most far fetched theories yet. Because they go to sleep at night it must be solar powered nano tech? Because "weird disease" or heck, even just "magic" is too simple? But let's assume we got to the point where someone made nano tech gone wrong... what happened to the rest of technology? Royalty decides to surpress 200 years of development because...? Ruling is easier that way? Life is more comfy?
    Spoiler
    Show
    We actually have some evidence that it is some sort of nanotech because it can be transferred between people and it is programed to an extent. The King's Power (Coordinator) the Reiss family had was transferred from person to person and that it contains memories of how the world was before. The people who got the power acted differently than before and despite them wanting to use their power to stop the Titians, they couldn't. After the military revolt was over the captured nobles claimed that Reiss would fix everything and make "them loose their memories". In Chapter 63 we learn that Frieda Reiss had erased Historia's memories of her with the Coordinator's power. It is also stated by Reiss that the Walls were only put up only 100 years ago and that people were ordered to forget the past. The Reis family suppressed technology to keep themselves in power. No other reason is needed.

As for tech loss, Ymir found canned food in Casket Utgard labeled "Herring" (Chapter 38). The can was the same shape and size as modern cans of fish. (early cans where usually much larger and shaped differently) Also Ymir was able to read the label on the can when someone else couldn't. It is VERY easy to loose technology, hell the Greeks lost the ability to read and write at least once. Look at all the Myan lost when their civilization crashed. They went from large cities with advanced stone work to simple huts. Look at what was lost when the Western Roman Empire fell. Advanced road construction, aqueducts, the knowledge to make concrete, HAMBURGERS! (Yes, the Romans invented hamburgers.) Do you think you could design a computer ship? Do you know anyone that could make even a simple radio? Think out it.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    We actually have some evidence that it is some sort of nanotech because it can be transferred between people and it is programed to an extent. The King's Power (Coordinator) the Reiss family had was transferred from person to person and that it contains memories of how the world was before. The people who got the power acted differently than before and despite them wanting to use their power to stop the Titians, they couldn't. After the military revolt was over the captured nobles claimed that Reiss would fix everything and make "them loose their memories". In Chapter 63 we learn that Frieda Reiss had erased Historia's memories of her with the Coordinator's power. It is also stated by Reiss that the Walls were only put up only 100 years ago and that people were ordered to forget the past. The Reis family suppressed technology to keep themselves in power. No other reason is needed.

As for tech loss, Ymir found canned food in Casket Utgard labeled "Herring" (Chapter 38). The can was the same shape and size as modern cans of fish. (early cans where usually much larger and shaped differently) Also Ymir was able to read the label on the can when someone else couldn't. It is VERY easy to loose technology, hell the Greeks lost the ability to read and write at least once. Look at all the Myan lost when their civilization crashed. They went from large cities with advanced stone work to simple huts. Look at what was lost when the Western Roman Empire fell. Advanced road construction, aqueducts, the knowledge to make concrete, HAMBURGERS! (Yes, the Romans invented hamburgers.) Do you think you could design a computer ship? Do you know anyone that could make even a simple radio? Think out it.
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes, nobody argues there wasn't memory manipulation. But jumping from "the power to control minds (and turn into giant monsters" does not equal nanobots. (This isn't the Metal Gear franchise) I'm not saying it's not a possibility but I find the leap from one to the other quite large, because we have no idea what tech level we're even talking about.

Regarding tech loss, sure you can do that but on the one hand that implies quite a huge catastrophe, like more than the titans appearing because a civilization with technology capable of making nanotech titans can also nuke titans, or at least send in tanks to fight them.

I guess if we assume titan city is really just a small part of the world where royals decided to cut down on technology I'd be willing to accept there are e.g. no massive roads around, or other signs there once was a high tech divilization (even building standards should be more modern, at least some). But just saying "we lost all technology... " And obviously I can't build a computer ship or even a computer but that's not the same as the world losing the capabilities to do so. Of course if we accept a titan apocalypse can happen just as easily as a zombie apocalyse supposedly can...

sidenote: It might just be a matter of fashion but it doesn't seem like the outside world is really on a modern tech level either.

Spoiler
    Show
    You seem to miss a few words I wrote, so let me bold them for you
    Geez, I really shouldn't post stuff when I'm in a hurry. In my defense, it was at the very end of your statement and I was already half typing while reading... ahem.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Response to Titan Stuff
    Show
    How titanization works can have numerous different sources and in the end it will be just technobabble or some other form of babble of some sort. It could be nano bots. Or it can be an organic cause like some form of virus or bacteria, etc. Or it can be mystical like some form of curse. Or it can be metaphysical and start bring up stuff like angels and the ark of souls like this is some form of neo genesis evangelion. Or it can be a dozen of other factors. For all we know this used to be New York City in the 1980s and this is what happens when you have the EPA throw the Ghostbusters into jail. Someone else would have met up with Gozer instead of the Ghostbusters Quartet and this was the "Choose the form of your destructor" that someone accidently unleashed when they saw Gozer for the first time. Gozer unleashed ghosts that bonded with humans and turn them into Titans, beings who look like runaway toddler/ children except they eat people, except these children can look really really wierd.

Ultimately it does not matter since we do not have any real indications in the comics it is going to be X or Y.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show

Regarding tech loss, sure you can do that but on the one hand that implies quite a huge catastrophe, like more than the titans appearing because a civilization with technology capable of making nanotech titans can also nuke titans, or at least send in tanks to fight them.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The point I am trying to make is that there was a catastrophic event. (Assuming it was the appearance of the Titians.) You seem to think that a limited number of Titians showed up and that a modern military would destroy them. You would be correct if just a few Titians showed up. But I am talking about 10, 20, 30 even HALF of the worlds population being turned into Titians ALL AT ONCE. No military would be able handle billions of Titians all at once especially since people in the military would be turning into Titians as well. We have already seen a whole town turned into Titians in a very short period of time in the manga.

PS. The nanotech idea actually isn't mine. Someone else here came up with it.
    Last edited by HandofShadows; 2016-09-09 at 01:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Hey guys, could you keep me up with the story by quoting this message and tell me what happened? Thanks!
    "Sons of Gondor! Of Rohan! My brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me! A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship. But it is not this day. An hour of wolves and shattered shields when the age of Men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you stand! Men of the West!" -Aragorn, Lord of the Rings

I'm 8BitNinja's Brother

30. - Top - End - #30

Quote Originally Posted by Green Elf View Post
    Hey guys, could you keep me up with the story by quoting this message and tell me what happened? Thanks!
    Since when?

Speaking of which (sorta), I'm finally caught up!
    Spoiler: Thoughts
    Show
    I was getting pretty frustrated with the manga, fighting the same guys over and over, almost kill them numerous times, making little to no progress. Then finally, Armin becomes a titan and eats Berthold (or however you spell it), and they reclaim wall Maria. The loss was great, but hey, progress.

Oh, and yeah, Beast Titan gets away with Reiner. Of course, can't off all the bad guys.
    Spoiler
    Show
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ