New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default You are the Apocalypse: Karthog

From the book of Expirations, chapter 2, verses 1 to 5:

1 And in the end of days, armies will rise. 2 They arelead by the Zealot, who is branded with the mark of death. 3 And the Zealot shall be clothed only in the skins of beasts and he shall wield no weapon but a stick. 4 He shall be no ruler, but a warrior, for the Zealot must not command but be commanded. 5 And the Zealot shall lead his armies and leave death in his wake.

Karthog, now a muscular, tall orc, awakens in the clearing, finally rid of the terrible pains. His new eyes blink involuntarily for a few moments before focusing on his surroundings. They appear similar to how they were before his rebirth, yet different too.

Based on the position of the sun, it's early in the afternoon, meaning Karthog has spent at least a day here. Strangely, he does not feel hungry or thirsty at all.

To the east, Karthog knows, lies his hometown. Various druids have gathered there for their heretical rituals.

Someone ought to show them the error of their ways.

Spoiler: Location
    Show
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Default Re: You are the Apocalypse: Karthog

"Mmmh, So this is how it feels to be strong..." Karthog rumbled, standing up straight and rolling his shoulders as he stretched. His new muscles gave a series of satisfying pops, but his attention was not on that. His brows were raised in mild surprise as he considered his voice. It was deeper now, brimming with power. Even the merest growl invoked images of barely restrained savagery. He was pleased, and silently thanked the Great Mother. Even if this gift paled in the face of all else she had granted him, He was immensely pleased to be rid of his old, screechy voice.
    He chuckled to himself, the chuckling quickly rising into full-blown laughter. Taking a deep breath, he let loose a fierce, guttural howl, reveling in how his challenge to the world echoed for miles around.

Deciding that he'd had enough fun for now, Karthog started walking towards the settlement. No more heresy would be committed by his kin while he drew breath. It was time for a reckoning.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Just wanna say, that intro, The whole prophesy bit especially? Brilliant. I got goosebumps reading it.
    Now to spread the good word.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Karthog walks through the forest and finds that his new body is much faster than his old one. Where in the past it'd haven taken him half an hour to get to his hometown, now his journey takes only half the time.

The orc sees the many wooden huts surrounded by the wooden wall, the large fields where the servant orcs grow crops, and the large structure outside the city wall, where he knows the druids have gathered.

The tent consists of dozens of animal skins, fortified with wood and bone. Two guards stand outside to prevent anyone from disturbing the consulting druids. The smoke circling up indicates that the druids are present.

Show
    Thanks for your kind words!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Karthog stalked directly towards the tent, not giving the guards a glance. They where so... small now, compared to him. So reliant on their spears and their shields. They would not keep him from his purpose.
    Karthog thought through what he would say to the lesser druids when he entered. It would have to be powerful and decisive, followed by an undeniable show of power. They where stubborn, the druids, even for orcs. So mired in their "Traditions" and blind to the true way. The way that could never be found underneath a roof.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

As Karthog approaches, the guards rise their spears and move to block access to the tent. While dwarfed by the savage-looking orc, their superior numbers and equipment seem to embolden them. One of them makes a menacing gesture with his spear while the other addresses Karthog:

"None can enter, stranger. Leave if you value yer skin."
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-17 at 02:40 PM.

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I am Karthog. I have every right to attend. Moreso than any of those so called druids inside. Now step aside, heretic. The true will of Mother Nature will not be denied." Karthog growled in response.
    He locked gazes with each of the guards in turn, his own red eyes flaring slightly with power. Baring his teeth slightly, he made the unvoiced threat plain to them.

Show

Karthog is gonna try and intimidate them into stepping aside.

Intimidate check: (1d20+9)[11]

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Level checks
    Show
    (1d20-1)[3]
    (1d20-1)[19]

One of the orcs seems shaken and quickly steps aside, but the other isn't so easily frightened.

"Oh, haven't heard dis one before! If yer such a great druid, how 'bout ye work some of yer magic, huh? Make lightning come down from the sky! Turn into a bear! Make roasted pig appear out of thin air: I sure could go for some!"

The orc laughs a bit at his own joke, then rises his spear.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-17 at 03:21 PM.

Extended signature!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Karthog lapsed into silence at the guards mockery. He simply looked at him for a long, tense moment, his red eyes boring into the orc's, as if they could see into his soul.
    "So you wish to see my magic?..." He asked softly. "As you wish."

He turned around and walked a few paces away from the guard, before turning back so he faced the tent and the guards. They mocked him. That was nothing new. Before meeting the Mother he would have been angered, but now he simply felt pity. They did not understand. And how could they? They had not gazed upon the glory that is Creation. So he would teach them to revere her.
    He raised his staff above his head.

"By land and sea!"
    He called, and the air stilled.

"By sun and moon!"
    He howled, and clouds darkened the sky above him.

"By earth and heaven!" He roared at the top of his lungs, and the soil trembled underneath him.

"These children have strayed. They have been led, blindly, by false guides! But the mother graces the land once more, and I spread her word! These guides have strayed, leading us into heresy. But no more!"
    As Karthog roared, the dark clouds roiled above him, coalescing and merging above the tent where the druids where assembled. Light started sparking inside the clouds, as if lightning and fire streamed through them.

"Let it be heard! Let the children know! May you all see that heresy against the Mother..." The fire and light crackled and hissed in the clouds.

"...IS ANSWERED WITH HEAVENLY FIRE!"

The instant Karthog roared the last word his voice and the roiling sky harmonized in a chaotic crescendo, and with untamed fury the fire poured down in a soaring pillar of flame and death, hammering down into the tent.

Karthog looked at the fire with satisfaction. Some of the heretics might've died. And the rest would respect his power.

Show

Karthog casts Flame strike on the middle of the tent. Howzat for druid magic?

Fire/Untyped divine damage: (10d6)[36]

Reflex for half = 19
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-07-17 at 06:40 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Saving throws
    Show
    (1d20+1)[16]
    (1d20+2)[12]
    (1d20+2)[19]
    (1d20+1)[19]
    (1d20+1)[5]
    (1d20)[7]

As Karthog casts his spell, the guard's expression remains one of mockery. Said expression quickly changes to one of shock once he sees the pillar of fire hammer down on the druids' tent.

"What the... what they hell are ya?"

His cowardly companion is already running. The guard makes a quick assessment and finds himself outnumbered, outgunned, and out of his mind with fear. He turns and runs after his companion, occasionally looking over his shoulder to make sure Karthog isn't following him.

Then, Karthog spots movement from the tent's smouldering remains. A single orc, perhaps fifty years of age, crawls out of the tent, his face covered in burns and his clothing blackened with ash. Upon noticing Karthog, the orc quickly scrambles to his feet.

"You heretic! You assailed the holiest of your fellow orcs! All the others are dead! THE SPIRITS WILL DESTROY YOU FOR THIS!"

The druid grasps his staff (now a charred piece of wood), and prepares to attack Karthog.

(Initiative in next post)

The druid backs off and begins mumbling words of druidic power and slowly moving his staff in an intricate pattern.

Show
    If it's unclear: the druid is currently casting a spell, meaning his turn has ended.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-18 at 12:51 AM.

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Druid: (1d20)[15]
    Karthog: (1d20+1)[7]

Extended signature!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Karthog growls menacingly when the orc starts his spell. "The Great Mother created everything, including the spirits! You and all peoples go against her, the most exalted of spirits and gods! You are the heretic!" He exclaimed, dashing forward toward the druid. As he ran his claws flexed and grew thicker. His muscles rippled and enlarged, and his teeth and tusks lenghtened and grew more sharp. The hair on his body thickened slightly. Each change made him seem more and more bestial.

With a snarl he bit at the druid, then lashed out with his clawed hands.

Show

Karthog charges in to interrupt the druids magic. He uses a swift action to shift into Predator form (+4 str and natural armor, bite attack 1d6.)
    And since he has pounce from his feral template, he makes a full attack at the end of the charge, 1 bite and 2 claws.

Bite
    attack: (1d20+17)[22]
    crit confirm: (1d20+17)[29]
    damage: (1d6+8)[13]
    crit damage: (1d6+8)[9]

claw 1
    attack: (1d20+17)[25]
    crit confirm: (1d20+17)[37]
    damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    crit damage: (1d8+4)[11]

claw 2
    attack: (1d20+17)[31]
    crit confirm: (1d20+17)[37]
    damage: (1d8+4)[10]
    crit damage: (1d8+4)[10]

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

The druid takes the full force of Karthog's assault and is killed instantaneously. His staff, which he raised in a last-ditch effort to defend himself, is broken. His robes are torn. Incidentally, his spell is also disrupted.

Extended signature!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Looking down at the torn body in silence Karthog reverted to his normal form, then spat out a gob of the druid's flesh and blood.
    He then turned around and took a deep breath.

"I Karthog, Wildborn voice of the Mother Call you! I Karthog, true druid call you! I Karthog call for the people to gather! I call for the people to hear! Come, Orken, come and hear the words of the druid!" He howled.

After his cry dissipated, he stood silently and waited. The orcs would come. The call of a druid had been made, and someone nearby would have heard it, and set out to spread the word. The orcs always heeded the call of a druid.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

After several minutes, orcs start to arrive. Amongst them are the two guards Karthog scared off, both of them speaking to others in hushed voices.

Upon seeing the devastated tent and the druids' corpses, the orcs start furiously talking and whispering amongst each other. Despite the fear apparent in some, they seem to be interested in what Karthog has to say.

"What happened here?"
    "Has anyone seen that orc before?"
    "How can one person kill all those druids?"
    "The mother? I've never heard of that."

Extended signature!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

With the orcs assembled, Karthog took a deep breath, then started to speak. "Hear me, orcs. I am Karthog." He called out, his voice loud, powerful and clear. "You know who I was before. Karthog the unworthy. Karthog the half-druid. Many names you called me in mockery. And it was true. I did not have power, or the ear for hearing the spirits! But that time is over! The great Mother has remade me. Aeons ago, she made this world and all in it. She is the very summit of all there is, the god who stands above the spirits! And now, after millenia of leaving us to our own devices, she has returned to judge us!"
    Karthog paused his speech, letting the words sink in with the crowd.
    "And what she has seen, brothers and sisters, has disappointed her! The mother created the world, perfect from the very beginning! Yet we, in our hubris, have forgotten the reverence that is her due. Even worse, we have allowed ourselves to be led by heretical leaders. We've built cities and crafted tools from metal. We have sinned, as all the world has sinned!
    But now the Mother has sent her answer. She has remade me into what a true orc should be, and blessed me with a smidgen of the TRUE power of nature!"

He once more raised his arms above his head, as his call rose to a howl, for all the orcs to hear.
    "THE TIME IS NOW, BROTHERS AND SISTERS! THE TIME TO REDEEM OURSELVES AND RETURN THE WORLD TO HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE!

NO MORE CITIES! THERE WILL ONLY BE THE WILD!

NO MORE ORDER, THERE WILL ONLY BE CHAOS!

NO MORE STEEL, THERE WILL ONLY BE STONE AND WOOD!"

He paused to regain his breath, and to gauge how the crowd was reacting to his words.

Show

I'm not sure if a check is required, but I imagine this would be diplomacy, if anything. So I'll make a roll, just in case.

Diplomacy: (1d20+7)[26]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

"Karthog? The Karthog? That's impossible!"
    "This orc does look like Karthog, though... And why would he lie?
    "No more cities? No more steel? What is he saying?"

Then a single voice calls out from the masses. Surprisingly, it seems to belong to the cowardly guard who ran away quickly.

"I saw Karthog's power myself. I... I watched it burn the druids, killing them all. And I don't care what anyone things, but if the Mother, as Karthog calls it, can grant someone such power... then I will gladly serve her."

The orc walks forward, unhindered by the others. He then lies his spear at Karthog's feet.

Extended signature!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Seeing the kneeling orc, Karthog steps forward and puts a gentle hand on his shoulder. "I cannot promise you power. Only the Mother can grant such blessings, and whether she will is not something I know. You must all understand, I was not remade for my sake. I have been deemed worthy of being her tool, nothing more." He said softly, but loud enough that those around them could hear it. He looked up and around at the others.
    "I can only tell you what the Mother wishes. The intelligent races of the world, including the orcs, have sinned against her when we brought change to the world. Cities. Metal. Progress. Those are not things she envisioned. The world she created was perfect, wild and untamed. Everything fit together in balance. The druids of our people have tried to lead us, but their vision is too small. Not even the spirits could possibly understand the Mother's will, for only she is infallible."

He stood up once more. "We are not forgiven by the Mother. But she has decided that, of all the races, the orcs are the ones who has sinned the least. For while we failed to adhere to her will, at least we tried. That is why she has given us this chance! We must rise up, together, and wipe the world clean of civilization's filth. The other races must be cast down from their heathen thrones, each and every one of them must be slain. There can be no half measures, no bargaining and no mercy.

MAKE NO MISTAKE, MY KIN. ALL RACES, US INCLUDED, WILL BE SWEPT AWAY! WHAT I OFFER YOU IS A CHOICE. YOU CAN EITHER SERVE AS THE MOTHER'S TOOL IN THIS ENDEAVOR, AND BE JUDGED THUSLY IN THE AFTERLIFE, OR YOU CAN RESIST AND BE PURGED BY FAR WORSE HERALDS THAN I!"

Once more he raised his arms. This was the turning point. Whether these orcs would find salvation ni the Mother's embrace after death, or burn in nothingness depended on their next decision.

"SO TELL ME, ORCS! WILL YOU FIGHT IN HEATHEN ARMIES, STRUGGLING IN VAIN AGAINST JUDGEMENT? OR WILL YOU CAST ASIDE THE FALSE PROMISES OF CIVILIZATION, AND GO TOWARDS THE DEATH OF THIS AGE AS THE MOTHER'S... GLORIOUS... HORDE?"

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

During Karthog's speech, more and more orcs come from the city, until almost the entire population is present. Some seem enthusiastic, others less so, others openly hostile. None of the unruly dare speak up, though: the pillar of fire is still fresh in their minds.

The first to approach are the warriors. A glorious death is the purpose of their entire existence, after all. The war, and the reasons it is fought, are of lesser importance: what matters is war.

Then, many servants join Karthog. A chance to become more than untouchable serfs is something all of them have been waiting for. Even they would die in their first battle, at least they would die in battle.

Most druids remain behind, though, and a large number of warriors and servants stay with them. They return to their city, carrying the burned bodies of the elder druids with them. Some spit curses at Karthog, others shake their fists. No more than five of the druids pledge their allegiance to the Great Mother.

It will take time to count the exact number, but right now it seems a little over half the city population has joined Karthog: nearly 1500 orcs. A strange atmosphere of fatalism, bloodlust and bravery permeates the mass as they chant the names of Karthog and the Great Mother.

Extended signature!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"So be it." Karthog uttered as he watched those who had declined to serve walk away. He then turned to his new followers. "They have been warned, and know what is coming. Either they will die later at our hands, or at the hands of another calamity. It matters not. In the end they will be perish for their sins. For now, we must go to the nearest orc settlement. We will gather those willing to serve in each one, and when that is done, we will start our crusade into the realms of the other races. Gather what you need to survive, children of the Mother. We will live of the land, and take what we need from the lands we walk through. The horde does not build, and it does not sow. It moves, it destroys, and it devours whatever gets in it's path! Make ready! We travel at dawn!"

"An hour before dawn, you will gather them all." He said in a lower voice to the druids who joined him. "You will take them into the settlement, and slaughter all the warriors in their sleep. They deserve no better for rejecting the Mother's grace. I want the traitorous leaders brought before me. As of this moment they are druids no more, only heretics. They will be made an example before the people. Gag them and break their hands if they resist or try to command nature. They are unworthy."
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-07-18 at 01:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Many orcs return to their homes to sleep one last night and gather what possessions they may want to take with them. Others, including the druids and the cowardly guardsman, stay with Karthog.

The druids walks forward and kneel before Karthog.

"Your will shall be done, Hand of the Mother. Please teach us to serve our goddess, so that she may grant us magic and allow us to destroy the infidels."
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-18 at 01:08 PM.

Extended signature!

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"Hmm..." Karthog mused, looking at the druids. Maybe they truly wished to serve. Or maybe they simply hungered for the kind of power the Mother had blessed him with. But it did not matter. Whether they where worthy or not was the Mothers decision, not his. And they could not hide their souls before her glory. And even if they where worthy, their bodies could not handle the power without first being remade. So perhaps asking the Mother if they were worthy of that boon would be a good start.

"Great Mother. This humble servant asks you, are these souls worthy of serving you as more than mere mortals? Are they worthy of being broken and remade, of serving you as true Orcs?" He called out.
    Whether the answer was positive, or whether there would be any answer at all, was the great ones decision.

Show

What I''m imagining here is that, perhaps the Mother could test those orcs Karthog deem worthy of the question, like great warriors and druids. The test would basically be if they where loyal and worthy enough. If they weren't the test would kill them, in great agony. If they were worthy the pain would be even greater, but they would come out on the other side stronger. Perhaps with the feral template?

It would fit well with the wild aspect of creation, remaking them as true orcs, and would make them able to fight in the horde even when they cast aside their armor and metal weapons as they renounce civilization.

Dunno whether you agree, but I figure it could be a cool way to go with it.

(I may also be channeling a tiny, miniscule bit of Gul'dan, corrupting the orcs with true power... What can I say, Gul'dan rocks, and the movie is awesome.)

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    I must say I like the idea. How about the following ritual?

First, the prospective feral creature must drink the blood and consume the flesh of a civilized creature they slew themselves. They must then sacrifice the creature's remains, including uneaten flesh and undrunk blood, to the Great Mother.

Finally, the creature undertaking the ritual must meditate for a full day. It must then make a DC 12 fortitude saving throw. Success indicates the creature survives the pains and is reborn as a feral creature, failure indicates it dies an agonizing death.

Extended signature!

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

As karthog felt the Mother's answer, a toothy smile spread across his face. A worthy test, Oh Mother... I shall implement it immediately...

"You wish to serve the mother as true orcs? Then you must first offer up a sacrifice, and have your resolve tested. Do as I commanded to those who rejected the Mother, but bring one of them alive for each of you, besides the heretic druids. Then I shall guide you in how you can become servants in body as well as in name."
    He said to the druids.

Show

Quote Originally Posted by Dire_Stirge View Post
    Show
    I must say I like the idea. How about the following ritual?

First, the prospective feral creature must drink the blood and consume the flesh of a civilized creature they slew themselves. They must then sacrifice the creature's remains, including uneaten flesh and undrunk blood, to the Great Mother.

Finally, the creature undertaking the ritual must meditate for a full day. It must then make a DC 12 fortitude saving throw. Success indicates the creature survives the pains and is reborn as a feral creature, failure indicates it dies an agonizing death.
    As you can probably guess from Karthog's words, I think your ritual is totally wicked.
    Let's do it!

Great way to make use of the orcs who won't join, too.
    The Mother is super into recycling like that.
    Last edited by gremlin-pult; 2016-07-18 at 04:11 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

The day passes, and the orcs return to Karthog with their possessions.

An hour before sunrise, one of the druids approaches Karthog, a worried expression on his face.

"The warriors have been gathered, but there is... a problem. A warrior who calls himself Ovut Roturbul says he will not fight his kin. Many orcs have joined him in his heresy. I fear that if the orcs loyal to us are told to attack, Ovut and his horde will try to stop them with force."
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-19 at 02:21 AM.

Extended signature!

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I see..." Karthog muttered. He suspected something like this would happen. They would not give up their old ways overnight, flawed though they may be.
    "Bring him and those who support him to me. I will deal with them myself."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

The druid bows and hustles towards the group of battle-ready warriors. He talks to a burly orc wielding a mighty greataxe, then returns to Karthog followed by the orc and those loyal to him. The heretic orcs seem to number in the hundreds: almost all of them warriors.

"I am Ovut Roturbul." the large orc speaks. "I am a servant of the Mother, but will not slay my own kin. These warriors all agree with me."
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-19 at 08:34 AM.

Extended signature!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

"I understand." Karthog answered mildly. After a moment he continued. "I understand that you are weak. In refusing to kill those who cling to their heresy, you reject the Mother. She is unspoiled, nature in it's wildest form. There are no rules, except the rule of the wild. Those cretins..." He pointed in the direction the ones who refused him had left. "Are not your kin. They are not orcs. In refusing the mother they have forfeited their right to live!"

Standing up straight, he looked the warrior straight in the eye. "I thought you and your followers were warriors. That you respect strength above all else. If that is so, then I would challenge your opinion on the fate of the heretics. I challenge you, in the ways of our people, to single combat. The only rule amongst our people that may hold some credence in the eyes of the Mother. For in nature, might makes right..."

He glared the warrior straight in the eye, before throwing his staff on the ground and smiling hungrily. "...And I am mightier than you."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

For the briefest of moments, a glimmer of fear appears in Ovut's eyes. Then it is replaced by cold determination.

"I shall fight. Let the Mother decide who emerges victorious."

The other warriors, who by now have noticed what's going on, approach too and form a large circle. Ovut moves to one side and draws his weapon, which seems to have a single glowing rune carved in its blade.

Karthog's orcish adversary takes a deep breath, then unleashes a mighty roar. The duel has begun.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Karthog: (1d20+1)[16]
    Ovut: (1d20+1)[3]

Show
    The circle is about sixty feet in diameter.

Also, how about some appropriate music?
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-19 at 10:58 AM.

Extended signature!

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Goblin

Karthog calmly undid the wooden claslp holding the wolf skin on his shoulders, and let it slide to the ground.
    With a growl he started stalking towards Ovut. As he moved and picked up more and more speed, a terrifying transformation went through him. His muscles grew and his bones warped as he grew in size and width, growing at least 4 feet in height. Coarse black hair started sprouting across his body, and his lower jaw enlarged as his teeth grew, and his tusks lengthened into long, bony daggers. His brow grew and his claws flexed into jagged instruments of death as they forced their way out of his fingers.
    When he was at top speed he had grown into a true beast, a monster inbetween an orc and a bear. He loped forward, using his arms as much as his feet, and with every step he took his massive body shook the ground.
    As he reached Ovut in what seemed like the blink of an eye, he roared and lashed out with tooth and claw, intent on ripping the upstart warrior apart with his bare hands.

Show

Karthog uses a swift action to shift into Ferocious slayer form (+8 Str, large size, +4 to fort saves, +8 natural armor, improved crit on both claws and bite.)
    Also, now that he is a size category larger than Ovut, He is eligible for a whole host of nastiness.
    he has pounce, so he can make a full attack (1 bite, 2 claw). If one or more claws hit, he can make a free grapple due to improved grab. If he succeeds in grappling, he can make two extra rake attacks (Which is two extra claw attacks at full attack bonus with 1/2 str to damage.)
    Now, onto the nastiness.

Bite
    attack: (1d20+18)[30]
    crit confirm: (1d20+18)[24]
    damage: (1d8+10)[13]
    crit damage: (1d8+10)[18]

Claw1
    attack: (1d20+18)[25]
    crit confirm: (1d20+18)[37]
    damage: (1d8+5)[9]
    crit damage: (1d8+5)[12]

Claw2
    attack: (1d20+18)[29]
    crit confirm: (1d20+18)[23]
    damage: (1d8+5)[11]
    crit damage: (1d8+5)[9]

Grapple (If at least one claw hits)
    (1d20+19)[23]

Extra rake attacks (If grapple is successful)
    Claw1
    attack: (1d20+18)[21]
    crit confirm: (1d20+18)[37]
    damage: (1d8+5)[10]
    crit damage: (1d8+5)[9]

Claw2
    attack: (1d20+18)[20]
    crit confirm: (1d20+18)[32]
    damage: (1d8+5)[6]
    crit damage: (1d8+5)[7]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Grapple check
    Show
    (1d20+9)[16]

Karthog slams into his opponent. His teeth and claws easily bypass Ovut's defense and leave horrible wounds. With one claw, Karthog seizes his foe, then rends his flesh.

Ovut groans and almost falls to the ground, but Karthog's claws keep him in place. The warrior groans and, his axe arm kept in place by Karthog's grip, kicks the druid as hard as he can, but his attack doesn't even bruise Karthog's hide.

The orc roars out: "Do it, then! Kill me! End our race! Let me be the first to die in this night of blood!"
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2016-07-20 at 03:48 AM.

Extended signature!