New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: You are the Apocalypse: One

At the mention of a reward, the gnome's expression grows noticeably more interested.

"A portion - a sizable portion - of the reward sounds fine. Know what, I'll throw in the box and scrap metal for free. Who knows, maybe it'll create some nice shrapnel when the runes go off."

Quickly, the Seer procures a reasonably-sized box, fills it with some spare bits of iron lying around, and inscribes a large, jagged rune in red ink. Carefully, it is pushed towards One.

"Take care to look past the rune, not at it. Anyone looking at this wrongly is going to have this blow up in their face, and the blast radius will probably get everyone within a dozen feet as well."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This is going to be good.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2017-03-29 at 02:48 PM.
    Creator of the LA-assignment thread.

Come join the new Junkyard Wars and build with SLAs and a breath weapon!

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flumph

You shall have it then, One says. It's tone is soft but slightly dissapointed.

One takes the box calmly... And asks the gnome for a piece of cloth to wrap the box in too. Bercu is astute, and the angel would rather not give him a chance of noticing the rune before it can explode. One then leaves the gnome to his work.

As the angel walks through the palace holding the trap, it feels troubled, dirty. Using such tricks... Is this what the material world demands? One has tried Truth and Light, and has converted so many. And yet there are always those like Bercu, those resilient in clutching to their sin. They force One to sin too, for otherwise they'll harm countless innocents with their actions and their words. Just as it couldn't before, One cannot surrender to blackmail, for even if innocents may be harmed, even more will be hurt by allowing Bercu to escape.

Still, this approach is sin. One has no illusions about its own actions. This entire world is a sin, functioning without absolute values, slowly grinding you by situations where all you can do is measure and hope you are taking the least tainted path.

One looks for the chancellor and asks to meet the king as soon as possible, as an urgent matter. If he is not availible, One will seek Bycema.

Show

One OOC question... can Permanent spell be used on summons? It seems to me that technically it cannot, but I'd like to have some vivacious birds spread through the city to take care of the undead. Otherwise I guess I'll get some other permanent spells on for today.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Fortunately for One, the celestial finds the king quickly and mostly unoccupied: Bynema appears to be showing him something in a book of some sort. Upon noticing One, both look up.

"One. Tell me, why are you here?"

Show
    No on persistent summons. One's strong enough on their own, adding half a dozen permanent birdblasters would be overkill (or overheal, as the case may be).

Interested in judging a build competition on the 3.5 forums but not sure where to begin? Check out the judging handbook!

Extended signature!

4. - Top - End - #394

Flumph

King, Seer... You may remember I mentioned a man: Maximillian Bercu. The angel hands dissapear in the folds of its tunic and come out with the letter which he offers for them to read. He is threatening the city, claiming to have spread a number of undead through it. From former interactions, I have reason to believe this may be more than a bluff... But I also have no reason to believe he'd hold his end of the deal. He'd certainly escape with the money and release the undead from his control. This is far from ideal so soon, but we must tackle it with strength.

I have a plan, but it requires some coordination. I have prepared a trapped box which I'll offer to him as payment. When he attempts to check that they are, indeed, gemstones, the trap will spring. I'll attack then and attempt to knock him down or execute him.

It is a possibility that this releases a small number of undead, which is why I must ask your guard to make discreete preparations, both for Bercu to take the air and for his zombies to attack civilians.
    The angel turns its calm gaze to Bynema. Some of the kingdoms apprentices and magicians may be able to use Divination magic to examine the most likely hidding places, in a subtle manner. If they find anything, they ought to inform the guard, but not interfere with the undead until they attack.

The creature stands, tall and bright, decided. We must show strength, once more. We must show that the enemies of the Light and the kingdom will not bend us.

Show

Perfectly understood XD Can't say I disagree.

Also I'm sad that I didn't prepare Detect Undead before receiving the letter :(
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2017-03-30 at 01:45 AM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

"I must say my kingdom has gotten a lot livelier since your arrival, One." the king murmers as he reads the letter. "That said, a criminal is a criminal."

"Bynema, instruct the other Seers to begin searching for undead. Make sure guards are positioned to quickly destroy any if they attack. A number of soldiers will be outfitted with maces and swords, and will be ready soon."

"Some guards should also be dispatched to the harbor, to search all ships leaving for either gnomish or halfling harbors today."

"One... I suggest keeping a low profile. You're a bit more noticeable than my guards or Seers, and if Bercu notices you he may suspect what we're doing. Don't worry: we'll bring this man to justice."

"Finally, when you go meet him, I suggest taking Bynema with you. Meeting Bercu in person would strengthen her divinations to relocate him, should he get away."

Extended signature!

6. - Top - End - #396

Flumph

Very well, Bynema... You can come with me, but if you have some way of remaning hidden, use it. I'd rather prefer if we didn't need to look for him again, but its best to take precautions.

I'd also suggest, king, that you get some of your servant to mention outside of the palace that you're furious with the "shining being", for he has demanded an unreasonable amount of money from you. I have no doubt the priest possesses spies, and we may as well give them what they'd like to hear. I'll remain in the palace until shortly before the meeting.

After leavnig the king, One takes a moment to contact his faithful in the Silverbark region. It whispers the Twice Holy Name and the prayers that bring the faithful together. Its words, invisible, are taken by the light and driven to the ears of his highest follower.

Spoiler: Sending
    Show

The king has accepted the Truth, and so shall the country. The faithful of Silverbark are safe. Remain vigilant, pray, and be thankful. Be Blessed.

Having taken all the precautions it can think of, One spends the hours that remain in prayer and meditation. It knows that Bercu will probably have prepared a few escape routes, but One hopes the fact that they're in an island will give them a chance...

As the time approaches, One raises its hands to the sky and asks the True Divine for It's Blessings. With its sould bathed by Its Light, the angel seeks Bycema and, together, they move towards the Vertgobyfith Square. One asks Bycema to remain at a distance or, if possible, to go away and only return under an invisibility spell.

The angel stands in guard. It tries to give an impression of dissaproval, holding the box covered in cloth.

It waits.

Show

So, One has used sending to contact what's-her-name, she can send a 25-word answer back.

Before facing Bercu, One casts:
    -Blinding beauty (as per usual)
    -Celestial aspect (for flight 100'... in case One has to run after damm Bercu again.)
    Both of them with the 2 remaining uses of DMM.
    -Divine guidance (which lasts 7 hours and can be discharged for a +12 to Bluff :P)

Let's do this!

Also, the square's name is infernal XD

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

Yethra's response to One's message is quick.

Spoiler: Reponse
    Show
    We thank you for this message, Great One. More and more are converted here. We work for your glory. We look forward to your return.

Time passes, and various squads return, having found no undead anywhere. More time passes, and One and their companion leave the palace.

Bynema watches from an alley, mostly concealed by the shadows there, as One approaches the square. A statue of an elvish archer (named Mytron Vertgobyfith according to the plaque) stands in its center. A few market stands are there, their owners glancing at One.

A few more curious faces look down from buildings surrounding the square, but none of them belong to Maximilian. Somewhere off in the distance, a clock strikes three.

Seconds pass. Suddenly, One's ears hum with the sound of a Message. They need but a few seconds to identify the voice whispering in their ears.

My absence must confuse you, sir or madam One. Do not be afraid I missed our meeting: I am very close by. Why don't you heat that letter I sent you a bit to figure out what's going on?

Show
    The elvish language in this setting is a lot like German: you string together nouns until the resulting world more-or-less describes what you want to say.
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2017-04-01 at 05:05 AM.

Extended signature!

8. - Top - End - #398

Flumph

One feels washed by fury as the voice of Bercu tingles within it. The angel can feel the power of the sending, ready to give its reply back. Nonetheless, One waits to read the letter. It takes the scroll out and, with controlled movements, seeks a nearby flame. The angel finds a candle in one of the market stands of the square, and it carefully extends the paper over the heat. The stand's owner looks at the Shining One in awe, but doesn't really dare to say a word or to ask about the mysterious being's actions.

After a few seconds of applying heat, one reads again. It's taking quite a lot of control of One to not burst into fury.

Show

German is also infernal XD

I'm taking the liberty to assume there's a lit candle somewhere in the square :P

9. - Top - End - #399
    Titan in the Playground

As One heats the paper, words appear in the strange gaps between sentences.

Spoiler: Letter
    Show
    Dear sir or madam One,

I hope you have not forgotten about me since we last met, though I feel certain you have not. Also, please excuse me from using a medium as impersonal as this letter to contact you: I just happen to feel that personally delivering this message would have ended in my death.
    Not to mention that concealing this second message in it would have been most difficult.
    With the formalities out of the way, I shall now announce my reason for writing this letter: I am leaving. Where before I was of the opinion that quick action could stop the danger you pose to me and my faith, I suppose that by now your beliefs have entrenched themselves in this civilization already, to remain until its end.
    Which, contrary to what you might think, isn’t enough reason for me to stop trying to remove them. Fortunately, the one I have with me is more than capable of ending civilizations. Say goodbye to your religion.
    As a result, I feel like I no longer have a place in this kingdom. I shall leave to other lands shortly; perhaps the gnomes or halflings will be more accepting.
    Besides, this kingdom is about to get vastly less pleasant.
    I feel like this is fairest for both of us, with you getting your precious peace and me getting my freedom.
    That is, you'll get your peace in death.
    Of course, the journey to the gnomish lands is long indeed, and one can hardly expect someone to leave for a foreign (and apparently monster-plagued) land without helping him on his way, can't they?
    Although I suppose one of the monsters in question is on my side, for however brief it may be.
    The small sum of a hundred thousand gold pieces (preferably in gems) ought to be sufficient.
    If you have brought it, that’d be a nice bonus. I didn’t expect you to, but you’ve done the thing I didn’t expect more often. It must have something to do with having light for brains.
    As I find the notion of you willingly granting me such wealth difficult to conceive, I have seen fit to implement a slight incentive for you to do so.
    Because I suppose even you would be suspicious if I revealed my location without ensuring my own safety in some way.
    As you are reading this letter, a number of corpses I have animated wait patiently in hidden locales across the city. Should I not receive the requested money before sunset, I will release them from my control. Should I be killed, they will be freed as well. Should any of them be destroyed, I will know, and I will release control of all other ones. Not only that, once I have the slightest indication my creations are being tampered with I will leave immediately, eliminating your last chance of stopping me.
    It’s an elegant plan, isn’t it? I considered actually executing it, but figured the lack of undead for you to find would only increase the pressure on you. That, or you’d figure out it was a lie and be even more careless in approaching the meeting place.
    I guarantee, should my demands not be met, hundreds will die, killed by the 'unnatural abominations' serving me.
    Of course, the same will happen if you do meet them. Hard to keep an untamed engine of soldified apocalypse in check.
    Three hours past noon, I will be at Vertgobyfith Square, located to the west of town, to receive the jewels. I will then disappear without raising a hand against the people of this kingdom.
    Someone else is going to do enough hand-raising for both of us.
    Never will we see each other again, as it should be.
    After all, you will be dead.
    Now, I suggest you get to work. Assuming the one I paid to deliver this letter to you isn't too slow, you should have a little over six hours to gather the money.
    And say goodbye to the ones you love. Oops, too late for that.
    With an utmost lack of love, and impatient anticipation of your death

Maximilian Bercu, who does not take kindly to self-proclaimed messiahs ruining decades of dedicated work.

PS: For a thing able to float through walls, you sure didn’t plan for an attack from below.

PPS: Perditor, assuming you’re reading (can you even read?) this after killing One, consider our alliance over. I’ll be coming for you eventually as well: a world with beings like you in it is one I’ll have a lot of difficulty controlling. Until then, have fun mindlessly smashing away at the humans’ civilization, as you do best.

Just as One finishes reading, the tiles mere meters away from it are violently thrown upward, leaving a wide hole in the ground. There is a rush of air from the hole as slowly, something very large becomes visible. Something very large looking directly at One.

Show
    Please move to this thread.

If you were wondering, 'One's ace' refers to Bynema.

Extended signature!

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

The water elementals dutifully rise and carry the body ashore.

Moments later, a clopping sound becomes audible. A horse, mounted by a half-elven guard, rapidly approaches, with Bynema sitting behind him.

Show
    I can tell you the bulette wasn't summoned (no summoning spell has that effect, especially not in E6), but at the moment its location is uncertain as it ran into the water quite a distance before Bercu's death.

Extended signature!

11. - Top - End - #401

Flumph

Show

One more question, was the bulette undead or was it a living creature?

One turns to its elementals. By the Will, search for the bulette and attempt to destroy it. The angel is quite certain they won't be able to find the animal, but it's just as good use of their remaining time as any.

As the water elementals leave and Bycema comes closer, One takes a moment to examine Bercu's body. It's expression is serius and thoughtful. Since it came to this world One has often seen death, but this is... something else. This is death it has caused willingly. One knows it was necessary, it knows that the True Divine demands submission and that Bercu was an obstacle to the Will... But it doesn't make it any less difficult.

A question echoes down the One's soul: is it becoming as tainted as the world it was sent to purify?

As One examines the body, it looks also for the amulet Bercu showed last time. Such an abject item must not fall in the wrong hands... Which is to say in any hands other than One's.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Undead, as could be inferred by subtle hints such as the thing's entire non-skeletal mass missing.

The water elementals dive under. Roughly half a minute later, One abruptly feels their connection to both ending with the signature snap of a summon's destruction.

This is totally not ominous at all.

Show
    When you say 'amulet', are you referring to the ruby on a chain Maximilian wore when you met him in the continental port city?

Extended signature!

13. - Top - End - #403

Flumph

Show

Yes. Something tells me the amulet is going to contain Bercu's soul, which in turn is probably on the undead ¬¬ This damm Bercu...

I'll wait to know if the amulet is on his person before deciding how to react to the elemental's destruction...

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

The amulet is found quickly, covered by Bercu's outer garments but otherwise unconcealed. The gem sparkles slightly in the afternoon sun.

Show
    Why so paranoid? You defeated the evil cleric, saved the people, and even stopped Perditor from rampaging across the human kingdom. You good DM suggests just enjoying the peace and prosperity that will now surely come.

Extended signature!

15. - Top - End - #405

Flumph

One takes Bercu's amulet and puts it in its robes. The cursed artifact must be studied, but first he must ensure the safety of everyone. The fact the bulette is still arround... Is not good. He raises in the air, fast, to meet Bycema.

There's an undead bulette still at large
    , says the angel. But Bercu has been punished and the monster driven out of this land. Take the body and be wary, I shall look for the monster.

With those words one goes down. It enters the water, though a better verb would be "goes through". The currents do nothing to the flow of its robes, still responding to an otherwordly breeze. One flies as if still in the water, seeking the bulette.

Show

Two things make me not believe your OOC:
    a) you're not a good DM, but an awesome one. I am expecting horrors next second.
    b) Bercu has already survived a million things. I won't believe he's dead for real until... well, probably I'll never believe it.
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2017-05-03 at 07:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Aw, shucks. You're flattering me.

Now, let's get back to the imminent dramatic reveals completely normal mopping up after a thoroughly won battle.

Deep below the water surface, where no light but that of One's radiant body shines, the celestial spots movement. Moments later, a ravenous skeletal monster, its features only made more frightening in the water-warped illumination, pounces from the darkness... and passes straight through One.

As it continues to attack ineffectively, parts of the creature begin to disintegrate.

Show
    If you want to attack the bulette a bit to speed up its demise, that's fine, but I suppose this can only really end in its destruction. I propose skipping ahead.

Extended signature!

17. - Top - End - #407

Flumph

One is happy to help speed the monster's demise, now convinced it is a wild and unthinking undead. An abomination.

Once this is done, it goes to meet Bycema again.

How's the city?, the angel asks. I hope order has been easy to keep, as it would seem the undead hiding under it was just a ruse...

Show

Know that, after today's events, One is going to hold every freaking letter against the fire XD

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

"There was a momentary panic resulting from the sudden appearance of the giant, cow-like monster, but peace has been restored now."

"...Speaking of that, where did it go? When you said you 'drove it out', was that literally, or..."

Bynema seems a bit nervous asking the question, gesturing vaguely in no particular direction.

Extended signature!

19. - Top - End - #409

Flumph

One shakes its glowing head.

I convinced the monster to leave this land. It may come to a fight someday, but today he was turned against the one who brought it and sworn he shall never return to this land. With its help, Bercu was finally killed. He hesitates for a moment. I killed him, One states. The admission feels strange heavy when pronounced, but it is nonetheless the truth. And One does not doubt this was the Will of the True Divine, now matter how... Wrong it may feel.

It is time to return. The man has been killed, and so has been his monster. Now, the city deserves peace and to hear the words of the True Divine.

Show

Ok, One now wants to get back and begin with the preaching/crowning of the King. Also I may send a Message to the "Son of the Storm".

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Which one first? I'm willing to do the coronation and such next, but knowing whether you're sending a Sending first will of course determines when Perditor gets it.

Extended signature!

21. - Top - End - #411

Flumph

Show

I think I can do it before, since it seems I still have it memorized... Basically, once One is back at the palace.

"In your land, look for the Church of Unity. They are a cause of danger, godless heathens guide them with invisible strings: the illithids".

He can respond with another 25 words if he wants.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

The message is sent.

Show
    I'm waiting a bit for Perditor to respond now: we'll move on once he's answered.

Extended signature!

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

The return message arrives within seconds.

Spoiler: Sending
    Show
    "Thank you One, i may have found them."
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2017-05-16 at 12:57 PM.

Extended signature!

24. - Top - End - #414

Flumph

Satisfied with the result, One returns to the city with Bynema. It's very soon since the Son of the Storm left... could it be that he's intercepted some of the "illithids" on their way to the city? There's no way to know right now.

Soon, other issues are at stake. One must begin the education of the city and get through the coronation. He's also ready to claim the reward for the body of Bercu and to study the amulet. There's much to be done... And the Church of Oneness is still looming.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Some time passes. The body of Bercu is gathered and returned to the city, where people gawk at it in relief. While few had heard of the priest before, it seems the threat of rampaging undead he made has somehow become known.

Collecting the reward proves to be a minor legal hassle, with the one receiving the bounty about to become part of the government paying it, as well as the one who caused it to be issued in the first place. In the end, One receives the sizable sum of four thousand gold pieces, with the remainder of the reward being issued to the gnome Seer promised it in return for his assistance.

As One tries to identify the amulet, they find their usual Identify prayers don't work. However, Detect Magic prayers do indicate the item is magical: overwhelmingly so, in fact. It radiates an aura of necromancy.

Finally, the day of the coronation dawns. The final preparations are finished, the people have gathered in the streets, and the speeches by whatever appropriate officials are showing up have been written. One isn't sure whether it's, but the Seers have rumoredly created a crown wearable even by the incorporeal being. Bynema refuses to tell.

Show
    Giving you some time to respond here. If you'd have reacted in a particular way to any of these things, just say so and I'll retcon it.

Extended signature!

26. - Top - End - #416

Flumph

One is unsure as to how happy Bercu's destruction makes him. The angelic being avoids passing anywhere near it, and when it is finally disposed One feels relief.

While time flies to the crowning, One works hard to make sure things will work. It leads prayers and educates those who want to learn. Most of the reward's money he spends in food for the needy, but One sets aside some for another purpose. The angel would like to build a temple to the True Divine on the ruins of the old temple of Unity... Perhaps once he's certain those "illithids" are no longer a threat.

For now, the faithful gather in the spot under improvised tents or under the sun. One's figure shines like a beacon, its words spreading the Truth of the Light. To give onself is to receive, to want is to sin, to be attached is to sin. Existence is a painful separation from the True Divine, and hence we must attempt to Submit ourselves to It's Will.

Some don't really understand it, they hear the angel's voice and even are brought to tears, but their hearts haven't embraced the Truth. Some don't care and come only for the food. The least are those with true faith. These One cultivates and raises. He is particularly eager to find true believers amongst the royal family. Ideally, One would guide them to embrace the True Divine before it leaves towards the future...

At some point, he negociates with the gnome seer the possibility of more works. The angel is interested in making it easier to feed the needy, for not all will have its magic and find their prayers are answered by The Light Which Provides. The little man is, of course, most interested in money.

The amulet One keeps on its person for the moment. It tries to ask the True Divine about the nature of the object, but it does not trust anyone else to handle it. Bercu was consorting with demons, devils, creatures of darkness and base desire... One doubts many would be able to handle something like this. Or perhaps the angelic being has learned to mistrust, and doesn't want to teach anybody how to cut themselves from the Light. Needless to say, One never puts it arround its neck.

Finally, One also ensures that their prisoner is kept protected from his masters. The angel hopes it will see the light the longer it experiences freedom from the "illithids". Hope is the key word.

Show

So, basically these are the things one is interested in: preach, get followers, if possible try to find true believers in the royal family and make sure people learn to love it and get in "religious fervor" mode. I want candidates to become new "semi vivacious template" :P

The amulet... the player in me fears its a phylactery. I'm paranoid now. YOU MADE ME LIKE THIS!

I've also calculated the cost of a magical item of unlimited uses of Create Food and Water and its still prohibitively expensive (7.5k + xp cost + paying the damm gnome). Something for the future, I guess :(

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

The coronation is, for the most part, long. All present nobles, including all Seers and the halfling ambassador who's made it all the way here from his homeland, are addressed by their full names and titles, all of them swear fealty to 'the lawful rulership of the Yuzcu Theocracy'.

Then, the king rises, and moves to deliver his speech.

"For centuries, this kingdom has been a shining jewel of prosperty amidst war and strife, a place where all were free to pursue their ambitions and aspirations. And for centuries, this ideal was embodied in a single person, scion of a long line of kings and queens."

"But these times are extraordinary indeed. The orcish lands are plagued by warring armies and titanic abominations. The halfings, too, report a monster attacking their lands."

"We do! And yet no sign of help has come! Our people are dying, but..."

The ambassador's outburst is interrupted by a few arcane words from the human Seer, and moments later his words fade away, even though he keeps wildly moving his mouth.

"Apologies for that, good people. As I was saying, these times are fraught with danger, as we ourselves noticed when multiple inhuman dangers terrorized our capital city within days. Both times, we were saved by One."

"I find myself thinking that One represents something this nation lost sight off long ago: faith. Faith in a greater power, in a better future, in an ultimately fair world. For years I considered these things follies, but when faced with such proof of the power of these beliefs, I have come to appreciate them."

"To survive, we must change. And this change is exemplified by One, who shall now be crowned."

There is a polite applause as two children carry a large, bluish crown studded with diamonds inside. It subtly distorts the light falling through it, giving the impression of something that's not quite there. Even so, the children are visibly weighed down by the item.

The king takes it from them, and moves to face One. His voice booming with authority, the man speaks:

"I hereby declare One, Emanation of the True Divine, co-ruler of the Yuzcu Theocracy, so let it be written."

Slowly, he rises the crown to place it upon One's head.

Spoiler: Sense Motive DC 20
    Show
    Things seem basically okay.

Show
    Well, One's about to become co-ruler, right? Money issues get a lot smaller with a royal treasury in your hands.

Also, don't worry about that spoiler box up there: it's probably just me feeding your paranoia. But what if it's not?
    Last edited by Inevitability; 2017-05-23 at 03:36 PM.

Extended signature!

28. - Top - End - #418

Flumph

One does not bow to take the crown, but lets the king raise it over its head. This, One knows, is a step. No government of the world can truly follow the Will, One itself cannot. The True Divine is pure, the world is tainted. One can only hope to approach the Light. Today, the angel shares a crown with the man. Tomorrow, perhaps the crown will be carried just by angels.

One receives the crown.

Show

I've been fearing a crown-of-controlling-incorporeals for a while XD But One has no reason to suspect and the King has been helpful, so...

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

The crown is placed on One's head, and for perhaps the first time in its long existence One feels something truly solid touching it. Different from the sensations of mundane objects, or bolts of force that strike for a moment, or even the constraining webs used by the first Seer one met, this is something as solid to One as walls, or floors, or rocks are to mortals.

The people cheer, and the king smiles contently. Then, slowly, all begins to melt away into light, as it has done before. Just like that time, One finds itself in the presence of its deity.

"One. Brightness illuminating the mortals' darkness. Will you uphold my light as you lead these people to illumination and salvation?"

Show
    What do you mean? The crown is perfectly safe.

Extended signature!

30. - Top - End - #420

Flumph

One's soul bows to its lord, it bends or crumbles like an ant before a mountain. None of what One is can stand next to this. One's mouth opens but no words can come. Its soul is overwhelmed with an intense, unstoppable feeling, as if the floodgates of Eternity had been open. If one could, it would cry. It is awe. It is joy. It is ecstasis and obliteration.

It is the True Divine.

Finally, words come: a recognition of obedience. I shall, oh True Divine. Your Will shall enter this world. These men shall Submit, they shall learn and teach others, spread the Gospel of Thine Light. When the time is right they shall rejoin you, obliterated in the Joy of your touch.
    Last edited by Don nadie; 2017-05-26 at 07:17 PM.