New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld Thread VIII: VIIInnie, VIIIdi, VIIIci

Okay, I get it. He already knew. But for he still wanted Vanna's confirmation. Now he'll probably get it.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay, I get it. He already knew. But for he still wanted Vanna's confirmation. Now he'll probably get it.
    Not to be an ass about this but he already got Vanna's confirmation, too
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

3. - Top - End - #183
    Banned

I don't think that's right. She is aware that TV has some prisoners, and may suspect that it's Parson, but she didn't have actual confirmation until now. Bill told her they did, but Don told her he was lying.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2016-08-12 at 09:15 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

He might have already gotten enough to justify saying "Vanna told me of her suspicions", but that's not the same as being able to say without lying "Vanna told me Parson was definitely there".

Of course, Charlie's ideal scenario would be Transylvito telling him themselves to get the bounty, but his gambit for that has failed.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

I did some archive binging and noticed a few things.
    It think Charlie planted the idea of GK attacking the MKearly on, with Jojo as his agent. Here GK troops have an independent caster under controll and publicly threaten to kil and raise him, as witnessed by a few other casters. I suspect Jojo forced this situation, and maybe used carneymancy on Count Downer to say the threat loud. Jojo is touching him, and Downer only a few panels ago was cautious about the situation becoming unstable. Warlady Artemis likely helped him a lot with her attitude.

Another thing: what are those little birds in the last panel? They look like flaying dolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    It think Charlie planted the idea of GK attacking the MKearly on, with Jojo as his agent. Here GK troops have an independent caster under controll and publicly threaten to kil and raise him, as witnessed by a few other casters. I suspect Jojo forced this situation, and maybe used carneymancy on Count Downer to say the threat loud. Jojo is touching him, and Downer only a few panels ago was cautious about the situation becoming unstable. Warlady Artemis likely helped him a lot with her attitude.

Another thing: what are those little birds in the last panel? They look like flaying dolls.
    I think that you might be onto something with that idea, nice catch.

As for the birds, they kind of look like pigeons. Stanley's got his hammer out and he looks bored, so it's maybe 50/50 that Stanley was whacking some stuff to see what kind of birds he made.
    Last edited by Kornaki; 2016-08-14 at 11:20 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post

Jojo shouted the idea out back when Parson brought them in in book 2

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

"With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925

9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Charlie (probably) still doesn't know they think Jillian is going to attack Transylvito with his forces.

Otherwise he'd come clean (or at least pretend) and tell Jillian to call Don and clear up what she's doing.

He really doesn't know of Parson's fallen Titan rumours about him.

I'm guessing Don might see the linkup as an attempt to corrupt his unborn heir towards Charlescomm, or even worse, speeding up the popping so the heir can take over when Jillian takes the city.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Great. Charles is plotting again. I really hope it doesn't work. I mean the threat hidden in this "favour" is obvious, especially since TV should know about Kingworld.
    So it might backfire. I hope it does. Charlescomm winning is boring.

The signamancy is interesting. The Wheel (of Fate) fits Charlie's desire to "spin" this situation (and his fate in general) to his favour. And Vanna's Magic of course. Fittlngly she seems to play the part of Fortuna (in variations). The only things that seems off are the sword and the scales. Aren't those usually associated with Justitia? Doesn't exactly fit the theme.
    On the other hand it fits Charlie's modus operandi. To him everything- even justice- can be twisted in his favour.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Great. Charles is plotting again. I really hope it doesn't work. I mean the threat hidden in this "favour" is obvious, especially since TV should know about Kingworld.
    So it might backfire. I hope it does. Charlescomm winning is boring.

The signamancy is interesting. The Wheel (of Fate) fits Charlie's desire to "spin" this situation (and his fate in general) to his favour. And Vanna's Magic of course. Fittlngly she seems to play the part of Fortuna (in variations). The only things that seems off are the sword and the scales. Aren't those usually associated with Justitia? Doesn't exactly fit the theme.
    On the other hand it fits Charlie's modus operandi. To him everything- even justice- can be twisted in his favour.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dunno what the first one is about, but given how Charlie's visions tend to shift and morph between one theme and another:
    -Blindfolded woman: "I can't see how that could've gone any worse"
    -Scales: Balancing different ideas, and leads off from the blindfolded woman because 'justice is blind'
    -Vanna White: Clapping, and the wheel of fortune.

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #192
    Spamalot in the Playground

"Well, that's life."

Well now that some cats are out of the bag, I think Don is not getting any more sleep this night.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "Well, that's life."

Well now that some cats are out of the bag, I think Don is not getting any more sleep this night.
    God, I wish this escalates already.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-08-15 at 05:04 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    God, I wish this escalates already.
    Yeah, at this point something needs to break. Everything is out in the open and there's no point dragging it out any longer. Time for fighting. :3
    Digo Dragon - Artist

15. - Top - End - #195
    Banned

Yeah, at this point something needs to break. Everything is out in the open and there's no point dragging it out any longer. Time for fighting. :3
    We say this every single arc lately.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

New update.

Oh, gods no. Erfworld the game It's already moving slow, so lets add a game that takes several years to make, to make webcomic even slower.

Hahahah [nervous laughter]

First thing happens their Vanna and Charlie link and reduce heir production by one turn; Then Don gets notified; Then Don and Charlie talk; Then we cut to FAQ; Then we cut to Jetstone; Then we cut to TV; then we cut to Haggar (because why the **** not); Then we cut to Don and Parson talk; Then we cut to Bunny and Parson talk; Then we cut to Bunny and Caesar; Then we cut the flesh; Then we cut to MK and Wanda trial; Then we cut to Jetstone; Then we cut to Bunny and Maggie talk; Then we cut to Don and Jill talk; Then we cut to fight.

Here is a hundred Shmucker prediction, no fight (think MK skirmish or similar)/escape happens for a month.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-08-16 at 03:22 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    We say this every single arc lately.
    Here is a hundred Shmucker prediction, no fight (think MK skirmish or similar)/escape happens for a month.
    A Piker can dream! :3

But at the very least, with everything out in the open now, we can get into direct confrontations and negotiations.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Me: *sees that they finally followed up a suspenseful comic page with another comic page* "Oh hell yeah."
    Me: *five seconds later* "Oh for f*ck's sake."
    Last edited by Chromascope3D; 2016-08-16 at 10:23 AM.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Me: *sees that they finally followed up a suspenseful comic page with another comic page* "Oh hell yeah."
    Me: *five seconds later* "Oh for f*ck's sake."
    If guy that wrote McNinja wrote Erfworld, we'd probably see an uprising by now and we'd be well into book 4.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

That's true, but Hastings is an excellent writer. It's a bit silly to say that considering his largest work is a silly piece about a nina doctor, but it's true. There's not many webcomic authors on his level.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    That's true, but Hastings is an excellent writer. It's a bit silly to say that considering his largest work is a silly piece about a nina doctor, but it's true. There's not many webcomic authors on his level.
    First replace Hastings with either: Ashley Cope, Neoricegood, etc.

Hastings is a good writer. Good, not great. Hastings isn't paid thirteen or fourteen grand for his webcomic either. I'm also not asking for impossible for Rob either - Book 1 had a similar pace.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know, I think Erfworld doing fine now. It's updating regularly, the art is decent, and while, yes, the story moves a bit slowly, that has always been the case (I remember complaints about this back in book 1, too.)

It's just how Erfworld is structured - it has always struck me as being written more with an eye towards the final book (which can be read all at once). If you read this chapter all at once, it'll be about 100 pages covering a decently-sized plot arc in heavy detail.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    I don't know, I think Erfworld doing fine now. It's updating regularly, the art is decent, and while, yes, the story moves a bit slowly, that has always been the case (I remember complaints about this back in book 1, too.)

It's just how Erfworld is structured - it has always struck me as being written more with an eye towards the final book (which can be read all at once). If you read this chapter all at once, it'll be about 100 pages covering a decently-sized plot arc in heavy detail.
    I think the point of contention is that a lot of the comic pages lately have been light on information. A page in book 1 I remember with some fondness was Ansom's outburst about royalty to Parson. That entire page was jam-packed with information, the establishment of the dark side of Royal ideas and Toolism, and character development. It even capped off with a joke.

Compare that to the 'Rubicon' page. All we really learned was that Vanna caught Parson and Jack on their way back. That's a bit of a plot shift, sure, but it's not a lot to chew on.

Not that I disagree with you - Erfworld's doing fine. I just see where the frustration is coming from.

Extended Sig

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

My only problem is that it seems like every time we get to some sort of action scene, he'll either intercut a text update into it which may or may not actually have any bearing on the scene (like in the Battle of the Magic Kingdom), or we'll skip straight to the aftermath without being able to actually see it unfold for ourselves (like just now). So, it's just kinda boring now. And while it's true that we are chugging along at a nice pace, at the same time, it feels like we're riding a kiddie train when we could be on a roller coaster.

...Not to mention that the art is the best that it's ever been and Rob really should be taking more advantage of that.

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ettin in the Playground

In terms of pacing, this comic maps pretty well onto ASoIaF. Author got so caught up in moving all the pieces of his epic world-spanning plot just so that the overarching story bogged down completely. Events were still happening and we still learned plenty of stuff, but without a clear goal in mind.

Rob isn't a patch on GRRM for depth of worldbuilding, though.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    In terms of pacing, this comic maps pretty well onto ASoIaF. Author got so caught up in moving all the pieces of his epic world-spanning plot just so that the overarching story bogged down completely. Events were still happening and we still learned plenty of stuff, but without a clear goal in mind.

Rob isn't a patch on GRRM for depth of worldbuilding, though.
    That's like saying in terms of pacing ASoIaF maps well onto Iliad (which had several pages, just listing the characters involved, their father, grandfathers and titles) or a Babylonian stone tablet that lists granary stock.

But this isn't a new complaint...
    --------------------------------------------------

Who's excited about Erfworld THE GAME!!!!
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-08-18 at 10:47 AM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

I actually am, if only to see how it compares to all of the fanmade ones I've played over the forums.
    The stars predict tomorrow you'll wake up, do a bunch of stuff, and then go back to sleep.~ That's your horoscope for today.

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    My only problem is that it seems like every time we get to some sort of action scene, he'll either intercut a text update into it which may or may not actually have any bearing on the scene (like in the Battle of the Magic Kingdom), or we'll skip straight to the aftermath without being able to actually see it unfold for ourselves (like just now). So, it's just kinda boring now. And while it's true that we are chugging along at a nice pace, at the same time, it feels like we're riding a kiddie train when we could be on a roller coaster.

...Not to mention that the art is the best that it's ever been and Rob really should be taking more advantage of that.
    Yeah, this chapter reads differently than previous ones. A lot more text updates advance the story now than comic pages.

There's a game? o.o
    Digo Dragon - Artist

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

There's a game? o.o
    There will be. The team is apparently working on it, or preparing to.

Okay, we don't actually get asked that question very often, but I do get asked all the time "when is there going to be an Erfworld game?"

My answer has always been along the lines of "when we're ready, we're in no hurry." That was another way of saying, "when things are not completely on fire." Now that our financial, creative, and technical things are not on fire, it actually *is* time to begin working toward an Erfworld game.
    I'm underwhelmed.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-08-18 at 10:49 AM.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Pretend there's a Venn diagram. One bubble is labeled "Hype." The other bubble is labeled "Undeserved hype." The third bubble is "Ultimately underwhelming." They ALL INTERSECT.

For the sake of your own wallet and sanity, please don't hype.
    "With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine."

-RFC 1925