New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Inside SIXTY FOOOOOOUR! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODS!

[Church of Thrun]

Anika raises one of her long blue eyebrows. "What? You think I know a favor right now? I'll think of something eventually of course, if I ever needed a priests help that is." She dismissively wiggles her fingers in Genji's direction. "If you hadn't figured it out, I'm a druid and a powerful one at that. So I could have done far worse things than stealing hot dogs if I had wanted to, you just keep that in mind."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Church of Thrun]

Anika raises one of her long blue eyebrows. "What? You think I know a favor right now? I'll think of something eventually of course, if I ever needed a priests help that is." She dismissively wiggles her fingers in Genji's direction. "If you hadn't figured it out, I'm a druid and a powerful one at that. So I could have done far worse things than stealing hot dogs if I had wanted to, you just keep that in mind."
    "Hmmph. How about this, when you think of something, ask me, and I'll promise to give it some serious thought. Is that good enough?" He ignores her taunting, comfortable in the knowledge that he could totally kick her tree-hugging butt in a fight if it came to it, ;p

3. - Top - End - #63

[Church of Thrun]

Anika looks smugly at him, putting her hand on hip. [COLOR="#800080"]"That's pretty much what I said, yeah. You choose what kind of favor you like to return."[/COLOR] She smiles again, shaking her head. "You're treating me as some kind of demon, you know? Like I'm trying to tempt you into evil or something. But we're on the same team here, Genji. I'm a hero for Elune's sake. Probably saved the world more times than I can remember."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika looks smugly at him, putting her hand on hip. [COLOR="#800080"]"That's pretty much what I said, yeah. You choose what kind of favor you like to return."[/COLOR] She smiles again, shaking her head. "You're treating me as some kind of demon, you know? Like I'm trying to tempt you into evil or something. But we're on the same team here, Genji. I'm a hero for Elune's sake. Probably saved the world more times than I can remember."
    "Well, if you're a 'good' druid, I'm not too sure what you're doing atop a church to an evil god, let alone one bent on fire and destruction. The circumstances of our meeting are just a bit too... convenient for my taste is all. An overly bold fox is a dead fox, and that's just common sense." He remarked, "I'll try to get over it though, if you're going to help me try to figure out who this mask belongs to."

5. - Top - End - #65

[Church of Thrun]

Anika rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. "Yeah, since I settled here to show my respect to whatshisname. So 'common sense' my ass, Genji." She do sound a bit irritated for the assumption.
    "I picked this since it was the tallest building, and even if it was a temple so some evil god of destruction, I'm a druid, not a priest. The entities I support are a wee bit more active than yours." She smiles as to challenge him. "But whatever, do you have any more clues than a mask?"

6. - Top - End - #66
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika rolls her eyes and crosses her arms over her chest. "Yeah, since I settled here to show my respect to whatshisname. So 'common sense' my ass, Genji." She do sound a bit irritated for the assumption.
    "I picked this since it was the tallest building, and even if it was a temple so some evil god of destruction, I'm a druid, not a priest. The entities I support are a wee bit more active than yours." She smiles as to challenge him. "But whatever, do you have any more clues than a mask?"
    Genji grits his teeth, before sighing to calm down a bit, "He's a kitsune. They can hide all but one of their tails, so check for fluffy tails. His coloration is probably similar to mine. Ask him if he knows an 'Hitomi Ayatsuji' That was my mother's name. Maybe that'll be enough to get a visible reaction out of him, and then you can bring him back here, where I can see if it's really him or not." Genji suggests.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

[Plothook Elementary School]

Once the door is broken, the wrestler smiles grimly, then turns, sniffing at the air to find more cats, before they cause even more issues.

8. - Top - End - #68

[Church of Thrun]

Anika decides to take a seat on the stone railing of the belltower, tired of standing around, in the light Genji can see that she has purple skin, similar to the coloration of the eagle and the panther whose form she took. The locks of hair dangling down from the top of her hood are dark blue, just like her eyebrows. "So let me get this straight, you want me to search not only Inside, but the entire nexus, with the sole description that he got a fluffy tail and the same complexion as you? Look, while I guess that your kind aren't that common, Inside is huge and we have no idea if he's still in the city or who'd we even ask about him. You sure you don't have more clues? Might need a little more to go on, otherwise we have to get some more help."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika decides to take a seat on the stone railing of the belltower, tired of standing around, in the light Genji can see that she has purple skin, similar to the coloration of the eagle and the panther whose form she took. The locks of hair dangling down from the top of her hood are dark blue, just like her eyebrows. "So let me get this straight, you want me to search not only Inside, but the entire nexus, with the sole description that he got a fluffy tail and the same complexion as you? Look, while I guess that your kind aren't that common, Inside is huge and we have no idea if he's still in the city or who'd we even ask about him. You sure you don't have more clues? Might need a little more to go on, otherwise we have to get some more help."
    "To be honest? That's kinda why I'm asking you for help... Don't you have connections or something who can point us in the right direction?" Genji asked in disbelief, hoping that the odds of finding him were actually better than she was making it sound.

10. - Top - End - #70

[Church of Thrun]

Anika leans back a bit into the air, looking dangerously close to falling off. "You hoped that I happened to know someone that I somehow would know a kitsune like you? You must be pretty desperate, Genji. I'm actually pretty new around here too, that's why I hanged around the visitors center until I got bored. So you're out of luck there too, I got no contacts at all around here." She thrusts out her arms into the sky. "However, I have seen certain spellcasters finding people by using objects closely connected to them as a link. Some kind of voodoo or what-not. You could use the mask for that."

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika leans back a bit into the air, looking dangerously close to falling off. "You hoped that I happened to know someone that I somehow would know a kitsune like you? You must be pretty desperate, Genji. I'm actually pretty new around here too, that's why I hanged around the visitors center until I got bored. So you're out of luck there too, I got no contacts at all around here." She thrusts out her arms into the sky. "However, I have seen certain spellcasters finding people by using objects closely connected to them as a link. Some kind of voodoo or what-not. You could use the mask for that."
    "Ahh, scrying! I can't believe I hadn't thought of it until now...! You said you're a druid right? Can you perform the spell?" Genji asks with delight evident on his face. "Soon as we find him, I think I know what I can do to pay you back..~" His smile is quite genuine, though a predatory gleam enters his eyes, concealed relatively well.

12. - Top - End - #72

[Church of Thrun]

Anika shakes her head. "Nope, scrying is not my thing. That's mages I believe, or witch doctors, can't remember which." If she notices his grin, she doesn't react to it.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika shakes her head. "Nope, scrying is not my thing. That's mages I believe, or witch doctors, can't remember which." If she notices his grin, she doesn't react to it.
    "Hmm... well, I suppose we should try to find a mage who can help, then. Any ideas on where to start looking? You can move around a lot better than I can, so if we do need to scout, you can probably cover more ground than I can."

14. - Top - End - #74

[Church of Thrun]

"Think about that for a minute, Genji. Finding the mage won't be difficult, you just need to reach through some public channels, or just find one that sells their services. The real problem is the payment. Unlike me, not everyone will accept food and favors in exchange, you're probably going to need real cash I'm afraid. That's just how the world is." Anika argues.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

"Think about that for a minute, Genji. Finding the mage won't be difficult, you just need to reach through some public channels, or just find one that sells their services. The real problem is the payment. Unlike me, not everyone will accept food and favors in exchange, you're probably going to need real cash I'm afraid. That's just how the world is." Anika argues.
    "Hmm... that could be a problem. Certainly there must be a fellow believer of Inari who may be able to help, or rather, I think I've hit upon a fine idea, Miss Anika. Can you take eagle form once more, and I'll take you down to the food vendor? I recall that he DID offer 100 gold to whoever stopped the thieving bird, and even mentioned that I need not kill the animal to claim the reward. 100 gold might be enough for our purpose, if we find the right mage." Genji's face can't help but light up as he hits upon seemingly the perfect solution.

(Not sure if that was planned or not, SC, but damn if that isn't a fine coincidence, :D )
    Last edited by deleteman900; 2016-07-23 at 01:33 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76

[Church of Thrun]

Anika doesn't look as enthusiastic about the idea as he does. "I'm all for getting some money that way, but didn't you say that the vendor wanted you to capture and 'tame' me? I am no ones pet."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika doesn't look as enthusiastic about the idea as he does. "I'm all for getting some money that way, but didn't you say that the vendor wanted you to capture and 'tame' me? I am no ones pet."
    "Of course I have no intention of such a thing, Madam!" Genji is properly outraged at the accusation, "The deal was struck for the cessation of thefts upon his stall, and he confessed that he did not care HOW it was done! I should think that he will be ecstatic to know that he may resume operations safely, and be more than glad to be rid of what he sees to be little more than an annoyance. If you approach him discreetly, perhaps you could offer your services in aerial acrobatics to him for a decent wage, and make enough to eat, with enough free time besides to do as you will, if working to make some coin is something that interests you. That idea does not necessarily need imply that you be reduced to a 'pet' as you put it."

18. - Top - End - #78

[Church of Thrun]

Anika stares in disbelief at Genji. "I'm not doing tricks for tourists." She replies firmly, actually sounding rather offended at the mere suggestion. "No matter how much they, or that little gremlin pays. I did this since I wanted it, since I enjoyed the challenge. If I really was that desperate to make money, I could earn a great deal more than serving some mere sausage vendor. I'm one of the most powerful druids in the world for Elune's sake. I can do, far, far better than this."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

Anika stares in disbelief at Genji. "I'm not doing tricks for tourists." She replies firmly, actually sounding rather offended at the mere suggestion. "No matter how much they, or that little gremlin pays. I did this since I wanted it, since I enjoyed the challenge. If I really was that desperate to make money, I could earn a great deal more than serving some mere sausage vendor. I'm one of the most powerful druids in the world for Elune's sake. I can do, far, far better than this."
    Genji can feel a vein starting to throb in his forehead, and quietly prays to Inari for wisdom and lucidity in this trial. Afterwards, he looks back to Anika with a serene smile, perfectly calm, "Then don't. It was an idea, nothing more. The point remains that if I can prove you will no longer trouble him, I can get the coin that I need to find my father." He tries to steer the conversation back to more productive topics.

20. - Top - End - #80

[Church of Thrun]

His reply causes Anika pause, then she simply shrugs. "Fine. But if he tries to catch me, I'm out of there. You have to do the talk though, and don't make any stupid claims. I am listening after all." Then she shifts back into a eagle, one that might be a bit too large for Genji to have sitting on his shoulders.
    Anika the eagle looks questiongly at him, he had the initiative now.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

His reply causes Anika pause, then she simply shrugs. "Fine. But if he tries to catch me, I'm out of there. You have to do the talk though, and don't make any stupid claims. I am listening after all." Then she shifts back into a eagle, one that might be a bit too large for Genji to have sitting on his shoulders.
    Anika the eagle looks questiongly at him, he had the initiative now.
    "Follow my lead, Anika. You might be fleet of finger, but I am no doubt more fleet of tongue. I swear to see you through this unharmed." Genji promises, holding out his arm for her to perch on if she would like, before descending the staircase with or without her.

Returning to the base of the tower, he steps outside and begins to approach the vendor once more...

22. - Top - End - #82

[Church of Thrun]

The eagle tilts its head and looks at Genji skeptically, but does what he says anyway. Down below, outside the church, a small crowd is waiting for him. It appears that some people have been following the whole thing from down below.
    He can see the vendor waving at him, trying to get his attention.
    "Hey, fox-man. What happened up there? I couldn't see a blasted thing because all these longshanks but people are talking about seeing some woman up there with you." He stares at the eagle, didn't look like a woman to him.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

The eagle tilts its head and looks at Genji skeptically, but does what he says anyway. Down below, outside the church, a small crowd is waiting for him. It appears that some people have been following the whole thing from down below.
    He can see the vendor waving at him, trying to get his attention.
    "Hey, fox-man. What happened up there? I couldn't see a blasted thing because all these longshanks but people are talking about seeing some woman up there with you." He stares at the eagle, didn't look like a woman to him.
    "Ahh... that was a messenger from the temple using an Astral Projection spell to convey a message to me, many apologies. This eagle is wild, and may not be tamed by mortal hands, I am afraid, though we have reached an accord of sorts. She will leave your business in peace, in return for the cessation of all attempts to capture or otherwise restrict her freedom, up to and including attempted murder. I have paid a price, on your behalf to receive such agreement, and expect that you will repay me for this small sacrifice with the coin you so generously offered earlier. I have need of it on a mission that I must complete with all haste, and have no means of receiving such funding from my temple at this time." Genji doesn't give the goblin a chance to ask any questions, immediately steering the conversation towards the bounty for taking care of Anika's daring daylight raids upon his stall, ;p

24. - Top - End - #84

[Church of Thrun]

The goblin blinks. "Whu-what? You talked to... the bird?" He asks in disbelief. "How am I supposed to believe that? I did pay you to capture the bird, not just stop it." The vendor argues.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

The goblin blinks. "Whu-what? You talked to... the bird?" He asks in disbelief. "How am I supposed to believe that? I did pay you to capture the bird, not just stop it." The vendor argues.
    Genji holds up a finger to his lips to shush the goblin, "The bird and its fate are no longer your concern. I have done as you bid, and now you attempt to wheedle out of the bargain we have struck? Do keep in mind you speak to an acolyte of The Celestial Fox herself, Inari. Are you so quick to renege on your word, that you'd risk your reputation not only among the fine men and women gathered here, but also among those of the temple, and all who frequent its confines? I should think you stand to lose more coin by such an act than you would by any bird pilfering a bit of meat..." the fox trails off, tittering slightly as he hides his grin behind a loose sleeve that was many times the circumference of his wrist.

26. - Top - End - #86

[Church of Thrun]

The vendor looks rather hesitant. "Ehh... fine, whatever. But if the bird returns, I'm going to file an official complain. Just make sure you tell your colleagues that I am a goblin of my word." He reaches into the metal box by his stall and hands over a pile of small gold coins. "Here you are, sir."

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

The vendor looks rather hesitant. "Ehh... fine, whatever. But if the bird returns, I'm going to file an official complain. Just make sure you tell your colleagues that I am a goblin of my word." He reaches into the metal box by his stall and hands over a pile of small gold coins. "Here you are, sir."
    Genji smiles, pleased at the outcome. "But of course, good Sir. I wish you good day, and may business be brisk to make up for the loss of this coin." Genji reaches out to take the coin, putting it in a pocket, and says a brief prayer to Inari that such is the case for the goblin, and that no ill will might foster between them.

With this business taken care of, he walks off into the city, searching for a wizard where he might purchase a scrying to help locate his father.

28. - Top - End - #88

[Church of Thrun]

As he leaves the vendor and the crowd sorrunding the visitor center behind, Anika the eagle flies down on the street and returns to her humanoid form. "You handled yourself well, didn't figure a priest like yourself would be so good at swindling." She remarks as she reaches out with her right hand into the air, a blue staff materializes into her hand.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-07-23 at 04:52 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Church of Thrun]

As he leaves the vendor and the crowd sorrunding the visitor center behind, Anika the eagle flies down on the street and returns to her humanoid form. "You handled yourself well, didn't figure a priest like yourself would be so good at swindling." She remarks as she reaches out with her right hand into the air, a blue staff materializes into her hand.
    "I hardly swindled him. If he wishes to keep his coin, then he shouldn't offer it so freely. Anyways, I am glad that he did not cause more of a fuss than he did, since I must admit I was concerned for a moment... Could you recommend a good mage to assist us?" Genji can't help a small blush, deciding that leather pants were perhaps his favorite thing upon the entirety of the planet as he had a moment to admire the pants. He explained it to himself as admiring the craftsmanship of said pants, and the intricate designs that decorated them...

30. - Top - End - #90

[Church of Thrun]

Anika doesn't seem to notice the attention Genji is paying to her pants, she is caught up in her own argument. "You lied to him and you made suggestions that probably weren't true. I know what some people would call that at the very least." She remarks with a small smile just she turns to look at him and catches his wandering attention. "Looking for something? Don't think there are any mages hiding there." She remarks casually as she taps her nose. "They hide their heads up their own arses, not mine. Though sometimes I wonder..." She attempts to meet his gaze, appearing rather amused.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2016-07-23 at 05:28 AM.