New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,473 of 1473
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Default Re: Inside SIXTY FOOOOOOUR! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODS!

Moleman's Sewers

Fendrick is a little too startled at the appearance of the moleman/maid to bow or otherwise formally introduce himself; as it happens, Simone has introduced him rather adequately. He does a nervous ratty smile instead. He is pleasantly surprised at the mole-things well kempt appearance, although he does wonder to himself if the moleman is aware that its a colander on their head! Fendrick doesn't wish to be one to judge, however, so he politely waits for the moleman to reply to Simone. He stops pacing from one foot to the other, and seems relieved to finally be face to face with something.

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Orc in the Playground

Moleman Sewers

"Not 'aboveground', not before king. The priest says surface doesn't exist, all lies. Don't mention sun, or stars, or moon, or aboveground. All heresy, says priest. Here on the edges, us guards and scouts, we know what's up. For real. But we have no station, and the priest does. Don't let it slip, or you'll end up like the last stranger. I'm Guardmole Maurice. I'm supposed to guard the door, but if I close and lock and then check when I return, no-one'll notice, eh? Follow me to his Majesty." Maurice the Moleman turns and ushers Fendrick and Simone through the doorway, propping his spear against the wall. When they're through, he closes the door and turns the handle to lock it. Beyond the door, there's a cramped, brick-lined room home to a wobbly coffee-table and a chair with a replacement leg nailed on. A book written in Braille rests on the table, and looks to be in good condition, too.

Maurice goes down a tunnel leading away- it's narrow, single-file only, and dark- the molemen are nearly blind, and don't bother with much lighting. Maurice pauses several times as his harness gets snagged on rough sections of the wall- he's a bit wider than the tunnel was built to account for- but he's quick footed and doesn't stop for long. When the tunnel opens into another, wider area, he'll wait for the companions to catch up. The new area was dug by the molemen, with bare dirt walls except where they've been braced by piles of rubble, or where they've approached another tunnel from the outside. The floor is covered in threadbare rugs, carpets and tattered cloth. Broken toys and other detritus litter the floor, and mole-children wearing rags stop to stare at the interlopers, noses wiggling as they sniff the air. A particularly bold pup will try to take Simone's hand to snuffle it directly; its paw is surprisingly soft, and its nose is soft and wet. Maurice doesn't stop here for long, quickly walking to another tunnel, again dug by molemen, and leading down a surprisingly steep slope. Maurice has no difficulty with it. At the tunnel's end is a hole smashed through reinforced concrete- the steel bars have been topped with soft cloth to provide no sharp edges- into what looks like an abandoned bunker.

The bunker is much larger than the creche above, and traces of rotted carpet remain on the floor. It's brightly lit by a bare bulb hanging from the ceiling; Maurice blinks rapidly as he enters. A large sofa has been placed before a rack of broken computer monitors, and sat on the sofa is another moleman. Unlike the others, this moleman has golden fur, and he's obese. Perched upon his head is a plastic crown with most of the plastic gems missing; some have been replaced with shards of coloured glass, and he's swaddled in an old velvet dressing-gown. Hanging from his neck is a length of cord with a collection of wedding rings; at least twenty, and he carries a plain black semi-automatic pistol. Standing next to the sofa is another mole, with a collection of tendrils growing from his snout and thick black fur. The star-nosed moleman wears a battered suit jacket and a bowler hat, and carries a staff made from oak wood and topped with a crocodile skull. "Visitors, m'lord, m'holiness. Looking for a book, they say. From up. A baldy and another. Furred, not moley." Maurice bows at the Mole King, and again at the priest.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ogre in the Playground

What's this?

Silence?

It seems the Preacher of the End is not on his street corner today.

But the end comes for it all regardless. All is swept aside, for the light of the
    NEW INSIDE THREAD.
    Last edited by Deathkeeper; 2017-04-14 at 04:00 PM.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]