New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Inside SIXTY FOOOOOOUR! OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOODS!

[Plothook Elementary School]

"I wouldn't count on it immobilizing their leader... he's slippery. But let's see how it goes," Wenomir says and settles in to wait.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Melissa glances between Wenomir and the strange fox, wrinkling her nose in agitation, the fur on her forked cat-tail fluffing up. There's something about this guy that really makes her skin crawl, but she isn't totally sure what it is. "I'm not dead," she insists.

But she is.

She totally is.

Dead and remade in the fashion that only a cat sith can pull off.

Those awful things.

The archon, meanwhile, will discover that its quarry has departed the material plane already. Asriel is likely somewhere in the Dreamlands. Also likely in a wholly unpleasant part of the Dreamlands. Which, frankly, is an accurate description of most of the Dreamlands. Traditional tracking, even magical tracking, is notoriously unreliable in a place that's mercurial both in form and nature. A place that's wholly antithetical to the structured existence of archons.

The wrestler, meanwhile, will be able to find the foci of the enchantment easily enough. It had been bound to the various iron poles on straddling each entrance to the school. Or, more specifically, the zinc coating on the poles that prevents both they and the cyclone fence they hold up from rust. To bind an enchantment so closely to an iron object speaks of terrifying power and subtlety on the part of Asriel. But it also makes the dreaming quite fragile.

[Philip Memorial Library]

"You find the book I require," the Librarian replies simply. "I was simply informing you of what would happen if you used the rare book room now."

It would probably involve madness and/or eels hatching out of her eyes.

"The journey will provide you with the insight you need," he says, before raising a hand to halt any objection. "If you were unable to survive it, the messenger wouldn't have appeared to you. The Empyrean Powers do not waste their influence on causes without hope of success. However, do understand that the Author's concept of success may not match your own."
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #243

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    Streets of Inside

Sam chuckles. Perhaps a bit embarrassed, but it's quite hard to tell under all that hair.
    "Well, I would be lying if I said I wouldn't mind he having some real lips, even if they were metal. And yeah, if she can eat my cooking I'll go all-out.
    I don't think she's told me her birthday."
    he puzzles. "And she always wears these red robes when she's outside of home. I don't know what the deal is with that." he admits.
    [Streets of Inside]

"Well I can't blame her. Red is a good color." Alva replied, tempted to pick up something a bit more red herself but instead went for lilac. She could make it work if she were to get maybe a lighter shade as a skirt though.. Well, why not both? That sounded like a good idea! And then maybe a sort of grape color.. Oh! And maybe..

Alva didn't say much more right away as she was slightly occupied with matching garments despite saying she didn't intend to be here too long. "What you could do, though, is-and this is assuming you get that jaw soon-you cooould make a lavish meal and then ask what kind of thing she'd like to try on her birthday. Would be a perfect lead-in to finding out when that is." she said. "Or, you know, you could just ask next time you're out with her and maybe looking at something interesting in some store." she added.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Inside

"No, I think there was more significance to them that just taste. I don't know." he admits, turning absent-mindedly to the window, lower arms tapping their fingers together idly.
    "Right now the plan was crab. Maybe lobster. Really want to go all-out for her first solid meal in a decade, you know? Maybe a soup or salad as a first course. Have to pick out a nice wine..." he muses, staring off into the distance...
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

5. - Top - End - #245
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Vyrn Street]

Besides Dark Dreams, team nightmare left the area long ago. They went to investigate a graveyard by the sound of it. Steve must have missed it somehow.
    "Well, someone to carry these corpses of course." She gestures at the fallen ghouls. "I must analyze all this more throughly, including the floating armors the invaders were using." She starts wandering towards the place where one of those floating armors fell. "I'm not sure its proper work for adventurers such as yourself though."
    Steve picks up a ghoul corpse and says "Tell me where you want me to put these and what you want me to do with them." He then says to Ambrosia "Are we still going to look for Geneva? Or has our objective changed once more?" He then turns to the elf and says "My full name is Sir Steven Lightblade, the Just. However, I preferred to be called Streve, pleased to meet you."
    Last edited by 8BitNinja; 2016-08-09 at 12:01 AM.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

Melissa glances between Wenomir and the strange fox, wrinkling her nose in agitation, the fur on her forked cat-tail fluffing up. There's something about this guy that really makes her skin crawl, but she isn't totally sure what it is. "I'm not dead," she insists.

But she is.

She totally is.

Dead and remade in the fashion that only a cat sith can pull off.

Those awful things.

The archon, meanwhile, will discover that its quarry has departed the material plane already. Asriel is likely somewhere in the Dreamlands. Also likely in a wholly unpleasant part of the Dreamlands. Which, frankly, is an accurate description of most of the Dreamlands. Traditional tracking, even magical tracking, is notoriously unreliable in a place that's mercurial both in form and nature. A place that's wholly antithetical to the structured existence of archons.

The wrestler, meanwhile, will be able to find the foci of the enchantment easily enough. It had been bound to the various iron poles on straddling each entrance to the school. Or, more specifically, the zinc coating on the poles that prevents both they and the cyclone fence they hold up from rust. To bind an enchantment so closely to an iron object speaks of terrifying power and subtlety on the part of Asriel. But it also makes the dreaming quite fragile.

"You find the book I require," the Librarian replies simply. "I was simply informing you of what would happen if you used the rare book room now."

It would probably involve madness and/or eels hatching out of her eyes.

"The journey will provide you with the insight you need," he says, before raising a hand to halt any objection. "If you were unable to survive it, the messenger wouldn't have appeared to you. The Empyrean Powers do not waste their influence on causes without hope of success. However, do understand that the Author's concept of success may not match your own."
    The archon would follow the trail as far as it reasonably could, before coming up against a figurative wall when it could not figure out how to find its quarry in the Dreamlands. Seeing that the trail came to an end, the archon seemed to almost fold in on itself, before disappearing completely with a 'Pop!' sound, and reappearing near Wenomir, Melissa, and the fox, communicating with the kitsune in what might be identified as Celestial if either of the other two knew it. The kitsune nodded, before sighing heavily, relaying the information to Wenomir. "It would appear that they are in the Dreamlands... this is worse than I'd originally thought, and I thought it was quite bad."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Titan in the Playground

"That is bad," Wenomir says, grimly. "It means they got away, and they're free to strike again somewhere else."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

"That is bad," Wenomir says, grimly. "It means they got away, and they're free to strike again somewhere else."
    The fox sighed, "Do we at least know where they might pop back up next time? We may be able to ambush them next time they poke out of their hidey hole. I doubt they'll run very far once they've been tagged with a dimensional anchor."

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

"They're likely to go after another school. Or elsewhere children are kept," Wenomir says. "Which doesn't help us a whole lot, unless we get an advance warning."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Dwarf in the Playground

"They're likely to go after another school. Or elsewhere children are kept," Wenomir says. "Which doesn't help us a whole lot, unless we get an advance warning."
    "Were this city smaller, I'd suggest condensing the kids into one location. As it is, I can ward some of the more populous locations to alarm me if these intruders show up again, and dimension door directly there." The mage suggests.

11. - Top - End - #251

[Streets of Inside]

Sam.

Stop.

Stop it now, you're being all earnest and it's adorable. It was a task enough for Alva to keep from just patting him on the head. "Well.. I'm maybe used to more rustic food but I could bounce some ideas off of you." she said, waving for him to follow her as she picked out perhaps one of the most important pieces of an outfit. Shoes.

And this place had so many different styles and cuts! She hadn't even seen anything like half of them before.

"Ever had butternut squash soup before?" she asked after a moment of marveling. While it wasn't exactly a favorite of hers but her mother used to make it all the time. It was one of those nostalgic flavors for her now.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Inside

Gah! Shoes! Sam is glad he doesn't wear them any more. So expensive.
    "Yeah, it's pretty good. Made it a few times, even though the bisque usually sells better. Might be a palette thing. Maybe we make it too sweet? It's not really my place to worry about it, I guess." he says with a multiple shrug.
    Though really Sam, you'd barely call any food anything but "good." You're rather biased.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Halfling in the Playground

[Café]

Brinika nods eagerly and waits for Edrick to come back.

"I know," Iknika says in response to Eschelle. "That's what I want to do. I don't feel like being just another goblin in a crowd. There's all sorts of special people here."
    [Café]

"Well then, why don't we make it happen?"
    Eschelle offers jovially, holding out an armored hand with the fingers closed and thumb up, a gesture of appeal. "I confess, I'm a knight of only minor repute, but I have friends who have friends, at least some of which could put you on whatever path you wish to pursue. I understand we've only just met..." She smiles.

Edrick returns, interrupting them all. He has a few pebbles from the street piled in his cupped palms. "Here, Brinika!" He says. Not wishing to sully the table with things from the street, he simply sits and holds out his little pile toward the slightly older goblin.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

The woman sighs and says, "I see. Well...I suppose I had best get started then, if there's no not doing it. What book do you want? And where can I find it?"

The werewolf growls angrily when he realizes the source of the enchantment and gets to work destroying the bars, tearing them to shreds, hopefully destabilizing the enchantment and letting people leave the school.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

[Café]

Iknika blinks, unsure. Her ears twitch and point upwards.

"Is it really that simple? Could I be a... knight? I never really thought about it. Knights are warriors who fight for a lord, right? I've read something about it. And they, like... fight fair?" Goblins find the idea of a "fair" fight largely incomprehensible.

Brinika, meanwhile, whistles a merry tune. The pebbles rise into the air and begin circling one another.

"This city is anything but small," Wenomir says. "For now, let's follow that other person... I never got his name. And then search the school. The faeries might have left behind something that will help us nail them down."

16. - Top - End - #256

[Streets of Inside]

"Well, that should be fine because.. Doesn't sweet go well with lobster as long as it's not overpowering the actual flavor?" she asked, scratching her head as she tried to remember the rules for different meals. Match red wine with red meat and white wine with white meat.. Delicate flavors should either come first or at least not have anything with a lot of savory and spice to cover them up before them.. What else was there?

"Anyway, maybe it's because more people go for savory than earthy flavors when eating out?" she suggested, picking out a pair of boots after some deliberation. "Hey, do you think your taste in clothes is as good as your taste in food?" she asked, trying to pull him over to where she could actually change into what she was wanting to buy so as to get his opinion.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

SomeStreet - Alley

Perhaps, but any laughter seems terrible in a dark alley where the chalk lines are fresh. And Dolores is a very good listener. She tries to follow the shadow with her helmet light, but not too hard. No reason to agitate it if she doesn't have to.

The gas mask betrays nothing, but the ranger smiles underneath it. "So they do. But there's only so many nice ways to spin 'electrocuted someone in a back alley', don't you think?" Her voice is raspy, like she has some seriously ragged lungs, and yet she doesn't seem tired or hurt. Not quite like the resonant echo of the shadow's voice, but still not quite normal. "But it's clear that you're not some mindless stalker in the night; your prey patterns are too peculiar for that. I can't fault you for slaying bandits and thieves, not really. Others here might, but from where I'm from, that's standard practice." She frowns under the mask. "But I also hear you've been roughing up little children. Never fatal...but alarming." She flicks the light off. "So I came to talk. I would appreciate if you came somewhere where I could see you without the flashlight, perhaps a shady but not quite dark patch upon the wall. It's best to have these sorts of conversations face to face, I think."

The ranger pulls off her helmet, gas mask and all. Underneath she appears human, or at least like she was human a few months ago before an untimely death. Her flesh is mottled and warped, appearing partially rotten, and only a few stringy hairs remain atop her head. Her nose is just...gone, but her eyes gleam with the same intelligence and personality that any other human's would.

Spoiler: New California Republic Rangers (Not important, really, just here to sate curiosity.)
    Show

The New California Republic is, if you believe its inhabitants, the greatest civilization to rise from the radioactive ashes of the postwar era. Sure, it has its flaws. But unlike the other various kingdoms, tribes, and hidey-holes of the wasteland, the NCR is a legitimate republic, taking direction from representatives of the communities comprising it and running free elections. And unlike most other such places, the core territories of the NCR are safe. Most of the raiders, bandits, and monsters have long since been cleaned out, and the NCR has a large and well-equipped military capable of defending the border territories from such threats as well.

Sure, they've gotten a little stretched as they've expanded, and like any large democracy there's a bit of corruption, but all things considered, living in the NCR is almost as good as living before the war. Maybe even better, since you don't need to watch your shoulder for Communist Traitors.

The NCR Rangers have long been the NCR's most elite military division, and only became more famous after unifying with Nevada's Desert Rangers, themselves famous but just too few to keep order over such a large area. The NCR Rangers have a long and storied history: Even Caesar's Legion, which dismisses the NCR as a corrupt and weak civilization, respects and fears the Rangers. The most famous Rangers are the Veterans; One only becomes a Veteran Ranger after twenty years of service, and surviving the worst of what the Wasteland has to offer for twenty years is no easy feat.

Dolores here is a displaced Veteran Ranger, and a Ghoul: A type of mutant that, while still completely living and not really undead, appears zombie-like due to external necrosis. Ghouls are immune to radiation (and in fact regenerate injuries when exposed to it), and do not appear to age. Ghouls are discriminated against in many places, but have full legal status as persons in the NCR. At least half of all Veteran Rangers are ghouls, because not losing your touch with age or suffering from radiation poisoning is a huge advantage. She wears the signature "Black Armor" befitting her rank depicted above, though she prefers shotguns to long rifles.

SomeStreet - Alley

The shadow is fast.It's nearly impossible to follow it without trying hard so it should escape the light.

"An eye for an eye." the shadow voice echos in the alley. "And your request is a bit to specific for me. I guess your guns would be harmful to me if I do as you ask.I know less about you then you do about me."

The shadow seems to be quiet for a moment as the foreign person reveals her face.

"You know your face it not something people would want to look at?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    SomeStreet - Alley

The shadow is fast.It's nearly impossible to follow it without trying hard so it should escape the light.

"An eye for an eye." the shadow voice echos in the alley. "And your request is a bit to specific for me. I guess your guns would be harmful to me if I do as you ask.I know less about you then you do about me."

The shadow seems to be quiet for a moment as the foreign person reveals her face.

"You know your face it not something people would want to look at?"

SomeStreet - Alley

"Harsh." The ghoul notes in that rasp of hers, just a hint of levity in her voice. "Kind enough to show a little respect for a stranger, and the first thing they do is call me ugly." That really was kind of rude, shadow-lady, though understandable. Ghouls are simply not what most people imagine when they think "pretty". She notes with a slight frown that the other insists on lurking in the shadows like a walking vigilante stereotype, but relents. "No more than whatever you did to that one fellow would be harmful to me, but alas. No respect for one's elders these days, I tell you." She grumbles amusedly. "It'd be a little hypocritical if I came here to kill you, don't you think? No, I wanted to chat. An eye for an eye is messy. There are always more eyes to take, and more takers of eyes to take them."

She smiles up at the shadowy abyss of the alley. "So what do you do with the eyes, anyway? Do you make fancy ornaments, or do you just simmer and let them stew?"

19. - Top - End - #259

Our heroes will find the wrestler smashing the crap out of one of the poles that the school's cyclone fence is anchored to. As soon as he shatters the zinc coating on the iron, the strange veil of surrealness hanging over the grounds evaporates like dew under the noon day sun. Probably would have been a decent idea to do that right from the start. Though it's possible the presence of Asriel would have reinforced it.

"Should I go home?" Melissa asks hesitantly. "This was all kind of scary. And my phone disappeared when the monster that looked like my friend gobbled me up. I need to tell my parents I'm okay"

She liked that phone, too.

It had a Hello Kitty case!

And...

Well.

Sort of okay.

She did technically die.

Technically.

"It is called the Doom of Sarnath," the Librarian replies simply. "And it can be found in the second library vault of the Sanctuary Fortress at the bottom of Lake Nuir."

...at the bottom of a lake?

How is she going to reach the bottom of a lake? That's crazy!

"Do not worry yourself too greatly about the details," the Librarian says with a dismissive wave of his hand. "The path will unfold before you. The lake may be reached on foot by traveling through Outside, though you must pass through the Forest of Nuir to reach it. If you can procure some means of flying transport to bypass the forest, I would suggest doing so. The creatures of the forest are as ancient as they are unkind to interlopers."

20. - Top - End - #260

Spoiler
    Show

SomeStreet - Alley

"Harsh." The ghoul notes in that rasp of hers, just a hint of levity in her voice. "Kind enough to show a little respect for a stranger, and the first thing they do is call me ugly." That really was kind of rude, shadow-lady, though understandable. Ghouls are simply not what most people imagine when they think "pretty". She notes with a slight frown that the other insists on lurking in the shadows like a walking vigilante stereotype, but relents. "No more than whatever you did to that one fellow would be harmful to me, but alas. No respect for one's elders these days, I tell you." She grumbles amusedly. "It'd be a little hypocritical if I came here to kill you, don't you think? No, I wanted to chat. An eye for an eye is messy. There are always more eyes to take, and more takers of eyes to take them."

She smiles up at the shadowy abyss of the alley. "So what do you do with the eyes, anyway? Do you make fancy ornaments, or do you just simmer and let them stew?"

SomeStreet - Alley

The shadow woman leaks a sense of social skills , so she doesn't even think of a polite lie for this stranger. There is just no reason, since she doesn't want anything from her. Staying in the shadow she listens to the gouhl and there will be a long minute of silence. Fancy Ornaments? Stew? Does she even realize that it was just a phrase? Or maybe she took that one to far since it doesn't really make sense what she is saying.

"That makes no sense." the echoing voice replies likly coming from behind. "I just give them what they did to others. Likely before they deliver theirs. The man here tried to kill two si I killed him before. The child bullied another I gave him a taste of it. You say you 'wanted' to chat, so I asks you 'Do you still want to or do you have another reason to stay?'"

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Streets of Inside

Sam nods. "Yeah, sweet is fine. And stuff like butter, obviously. But- hey wait." he says, being pulled off towards the changing room.
    "I mean, I really don't have very discerning taste. You can make a pig joke there, I don't mind. You can see what sort of things I wear." he says, tugging at his vest and pocketing his phone. She doesn't expect him to come into the changing room with her, does she? Because he'd probably enjoy the view but he's kind of spoken for.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    SomeStreet - Alley

The shadow woman leaks a sense of social skills , so she doesn't even think of a polite lie for this stranger. There is just no reason, since she doesn't want anything from her. Staying in the shadow she listens to the gouhl and there will be a long minute of silence. Fancy Ornaments? Stew? Does she even realize that it was just a phrase? Or maybe she took that one to far since it doesn't really make sense what she is saying.

"That makes no sense." the echoing voice replies likly coming from behind. "I just give them what they did to others. Likely before they deliver theirs. The man here tried to kill two si I killed him before. The child bullied another I gave him a taste of it. You say you 'wanted' to chat, so I asks you 'Do you still want to or do you have another reason to stay?'"

SomeStreet - Alley

"You're pretty rigid in your thinking, ain't ya?", the Ghoul says, shaking her head. "Begrudging me a little metaphor like that, and then getting all technical on my tenses." She clicks her tongue playfully. "Yeah, I still want to talk. Y'got a story, stranger? I can't imagine you just sprung fully-formed into being like this." She makes a faint hand motion at the shadows. "Funny thing about eye for an eye; it implies someone took your eye in the first place."

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

"Stay here for now," Wenomir says. "We need to count how many students and teachers are left. And... well, what happened to you. You do know that others who were gobbled up were replaced by monsters, right? But you weren't."

24. - Top - End - #264
    Halfling in the Playground

[Café]

Iknika blinks, unsure. Her ears twitch and point upwards.

"Is it really that simple? Could I be a... knight? I never really thought about it. Knights are warriors who fight for a lord, right? I've read something about it. And they, like... fight fair?" Goblins find the idea of a "fair" fight largely incomprehensible.

Brinika, meanwhile, whistles a merry tune. The pebbles rise into the air and begin circling one another.
    [Café]

Edrick grins broadly. "Rightful magic. That's keen, Brinika. You got a genuine talent." The boy raises a finger and pokes one of the pebbles. "Cute song. Is that what the magic's in?"

Meanwhile, Eschelle shakes her head. "Simple, no. Though the worthiest pursuits aren't," The tousled knight looks at Iknika with a spark of real and tangible belief. "I know that you could be one though. Less worthy women have done so. And of a smaller stature," Eschelle winks. "I suppose the more typical knight fights for a lord... or a cause, or an order. You're very smart, Iknika. I personally am Unsworn, lowest of the low, least of the knights errant and enemy of order. At your service." She inclines her head melodramatically. "Certainly honorable practice is expected of the great knights, but I am not counted among their number. I can fight as I wish, and do."
    Last edited by Murkus; 2016-08-08 at 01:12 PM.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

The werewolf wrestler turns from the fence, satisfied with his work when the spell dissapates, but when he hears Wenomir, he growls, "She was. I can't let here leave here alive. You know that, don't you? Don't try to stop me." With that, he lunges at Melissa, aiming to kill her quickly and hopefully relatively painlessly by crushing her head in his jaws.

The woman sighs and nods as she says, "I see. At the bottom of a lake, huh? Well, uh...At least the path will open for me. And I can probably get some kind of way to get over the forest. So, um...Thanks, I guess? I'll be back with the book. Hopefully within the next week." With that, she leaves, and heads towards Outside!
    Last edited by Ionbound; 2016-08-09 at 11:32 AM.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

[Café]

"I need to sing or play music to do magic," Brinika says. "Probably because I've always liked music. Usually I play my drums, but I don't have them with me now."

"Oh, that's good. I never had any clue what a fair fight is or isn't." Iknika rests her chin on her hand thoughtfully. "I've thought about learning magic, but never about being a knight. Would I wear armour? Swing a sword? Or an axe? There are soldiers down in the colony who wear thick armour and have really long axes. Not sure who I'd fight for, though."

27. - Top - End - #267

SomeStreet - Alley

"You're pretty rigid in your thinking, ain't ya?", the Ghoul says, shaking her head. "Begrudging me a little metaphor like that, and then getting all technical on my tenses." She clicks her tongue playfully. "Yeah, I still want to talk. Y'got a story, stranger? I can't imagine you just sprung fully-formed into being like this." She makes a faint hand motion at the shadows. "Funny thing about eye for an eye; it implies someone took your eye in the first place."
    SomeStreet - Alley

"And what if I just 'sprung fully-formed into being'?" Just ebcause that really is the story behind all things. At least it's the way she can remember it.
    "As I said, It's not me who lost an eye. I just take them for those who can't. That's quiet noble don't you think?"
    A moment of silence.
    "And what's your story? What do you want to get from this talking? A reason for you to kill me or maybe join me?"

28. - Top - End - #268
    Titan in the Playground

The wrestler might not get a chance to close in on Melissa. Wenomir moves like ice on hot metal, suddenly interposing himself between her and the werewolf. The warrior tries to shoulder-slam him with great force, and follow it up with a lightning-quick down-stroke of his sword. Like it did when he fought the buggane, it will pass through the wrestler and inflict weakness in its wake, rather than deal lethal wounds. The weakness is proportional to the injury that would have been caused if the attack was lethal - and it would be very lethal.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

The wrestler might not get a chance to close in on Melissa. Wenomir moves like ice on hot metal, suddenly interposing himself between her and the werewolf. The warrior tries to shoulder-slam him with great force, and follow it up with a lightning-quick down-stroke of his sword. Like it did when he fought the buggane, it will pass through the wrestler and inflict weakness in its wake, rather than deal lethal wounds. The weakness is proportional to the injury that would have been caused if the attack was lethal - and it would be very lethal.
    While Wenomir does this, the kitsune makes a pulling gesture, casting a silent dispelling charm over Melissa's body. His intent is to cause her to lie still and pass on peacefully, rather than being bound to this plane any longer, and given his power-level, it is quite unlikely that he will fail, unless for some reason the spell simply doesn't work on Melissa.

30. - Top - End - #270

Huh. So far every PC in this plot aside from Wenomir has tried to (or has succeeded) in killing a child. What a bunch of jerk-faces.

"It's because I'm not playing Asriel's stupid game," Melissa insists. "I said that already." It's possible for a person to avoid being thralled to a cat sith when they're devoured, to resist having their will slaved and their desires warped by sheer force of will. But Melissa lacks the knowledge to really articulate this, so she's simply expressing it as her refusal to play the fae's 'game'. A child-like explanation befitting a child.

And then a whole bunch of stuff goes down!

Melissa gives an eep as two really huge dudes start moving around quickly, narrowly avoiding toppling over backwards.

The dispel accomplishes a great deal of nothing, however.

There's no active spellwork keeping the girl turned faerie as she is. She's not bound to the material plane like a ghost might be. She's a thing of partly flesh and partly gossamer, existing in a state between material and oneirial. She doesn't truly belong in either the Waking World, nor in the Dreamlands. But that's par for course when it comes to faeries. A banishing spell would do little; she has no real 'home' plane. She has no 'immortal soul' to send on to any afterlife, this much is made abundantly clear by all the various stories regarding fae. Destroying her would simply drag her core consciousness to the Dreamheart to be molded into something new.