New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cooks in the Playground!

Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    I did say I wasn't a good cook...
    To be honest, if its cold, I call it a tortilla; if its hot, I call it a fajita.
    It does use a tortilla, but 'fajita pizza' sounds better.
    You should call it a quesadilla pizza. It's more accurate. Is it pedantic? Yes. But it's still correct.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tentreto View Post
    To be honest, if its cold, I call it a tortilla; if its hot, I call it a fajita.
    If it's cold, I call it lunch. If it's hot, I call it diner.
    How do you keep a fool busy? Turn upside down for answer.
    ˙ɹǝʍsuɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn uɹnʇ ¿ʎsnq ןooɟ ɐ dǝǝʞ noʎ op ʍoɥ

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I'll toss in the pizza dough recipe I've been using since I was a kiddo.

Spoiler: For three large round pizzas
    Show
    8 cups flour
    3 and a bit cups water
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp yeast

Combine salt and flour in a bowl. Shove that to the edges to make a little volcano crater, and pour water into the middle with yeast. (Yeast and salt don't get along super well). Mix together with a fork until everything is fairly well incorporated, and then knead it in the bowl for as long as you can. Definitely past the point where you can tuck it into a ball, and you can't really overknead, so. If it starts getting sticky, just add a little more flour. Once you're done kneading, turn it so the smooth side is on top, take a little bit of oil, and rub that on the top so it doesn't dry out. Cover with a cloth or a plastic bag and let sit out on the counter for a few hours. This can be as short as 3 hours or as long as 6, I tend to make it an hour or so after lunch. Shorter if it's hot out. Grease pans and toss a bit of cornmeal on if you have it around. To spread, divide dough into three parts, pinch around the edges of these balls, lightly flour your hands/said balls and rest it on your knuckles while flicking it up into the air. It should be pretty elastic, and stretch out quickly. Once you are intimidated to go further, it rips, or it gets as long as the pan in any direction, put it on the pan. Spread it with the bottom edge of your hand, like you're shutting a book and your hand is the right cover, until it's the right shape. Rolling can degas it more than you want.

Note: this is really flexible. You can rise for however long is convenient within pretty wide parameters. You can add up to a tsp more yeast. You can add up to a tsp more salt. You can add more water. You can add a bit of oil to the water after you put in the yeast for a softer/more pliable dough. You can use up to half whole wheat, if you add a bit more water.

Thanks. I'll definitely try it some day soon. I fix a lot of pasta recipes but I use premade pasta and then either fix the sauce myself or use a store-bought as a starter and then put in a lot of elaborations, like red wine, sauteed tomatoes, so on.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Pixie in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

wink Re: Cooks in the Playground!

Personally, I like to take a fillet of fresh Alaskan Salmon, spread butter over the surface, put great king salmon seasoning and rub on the surface, wrap it in aluminum foil, throw it on the grill for 15-20 minutes at 350 degrees ( I'll generally take a peak at it once in awhile), and then serve it. This makes such a juicy, tender, and well seasoned fillet of fish that can generally serve a few people easily.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Um.

Stirfry.

Take some meat and chop it up into bits. Cook it until tender, remove. Take whatever vegetables you have, if they're naturally hard (carrots, broccoli, green beans) boil them until soft first, if not just toss them into the largish pan you had the meat in and cook. Start with some diced onion, sautee until slightly tender and then throw other stuff in. Garlic is great, but it burns really quickly. Start with stuff with less water, at least if you are trying to sautee or cook without extra water (tomatoes, for example, I like to add uncooked because then they don't make everything really watery and they taste better fresh in a lot of stuff anyway. That said, the Chinese apparently do the opposite, tomatoes are always the first thing in). Add the meat back in. Toss in some spices until it tastes good. I end up putting lemon/lime juice on everything. Serve on rice or something of the sort. Feel free to omit the meat.

Yay recipes!

Try it.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Pixie in the Playground

RangerGuy

Dinner in a Pot

Recently found this and the whole family enjoys it (which in and of itself is amazing)! And very simple to make

Ground Beef with Taco Seasoning (We use ground turkey with taco seasoning)
    2 cups water
    1 can (15.5 oz.) Tomato Sauce
    1 can (15.5 oz.) Diced Tomatoes
    1 can corn
    chopped onion
    2 cups Macaroni
    8 oz. Montery Jack Cheese (shredded)
    salt
    pepper

Brown meat with onion. Drain and add to a large pot. Add water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and corn. Bring to boil. Add macaroni, and turn to low temp. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until macaroni is cooked. Add shredded cheese and let melt. Enjoy!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Easy peeled potatoes.
    Fill a pot with water and a few decent sized brown potatoes, bring to a boil, and let them boil for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the burner and wait for the water to settle before dumping out and refilling the pot with fresh cold water. You way have to do this twice. Now rinse the potatoes under cold tap water and rub(quickly, don't go slow. I use a twisting motion.) and most or all of the peel should pop right off.
    It's amazing for getting them ready for hashbrowns or mashed potatoes
    Last edited by Togath; 2016-08-26 at 10:38 PM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nachos

Spread tortilla chips on plate
    Add grated jack, pepperjack, colbyjack, or cheddar cheese until chips are all covered
    Drip some scattered puddles of Herdez Guacamole Salsa on top (optional)
    Add evenly scattered dollops of sour cream (optional)
    Add evenly scattered dollops of chili (optional)
    repeat layering ad hoc

If you leave out the salsa and chili you can do this for under 5 dollars if you buy the chips and the chili at Dollar Tree.

EDIT:
    Microwave 30-90 seconds
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2016-08-27 at 12:45 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Togath View Post
    Easy peeled potatoes.
    Fill a pot with water and a few decent sized brown potatoes, bring to a boil, and let them boil for 3-4 minutes. Turn off the burner and wait for the water to settle before dumping out and refilling the pot with fresh cold water. You way have to do this twice. Now rinse the potatoes under cold tap water and rub(quickly, don't go slow. I use a twisting motion.) and most or all of the peel should pop right off.
    It's amazing for getting them ready for hashbrowns or mashed potatoes

This is 4 dollars. It doesn't require me to waste three pots of water or the time it takes to boil them. All I need to do, if I want to be real extra special, is to run the potato under the water and in less time than it'd take to boil three pots of water I'll have at least two potatoes down.
    Last edited by Razade; 2016-08-27 at 12:10 AM.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

True, but there's less wasted potato getting stuck to the skins via the hot water method.
    Also you don't boil three pots of water, you boil one and then fill the pot 1-2 times with cold water.
    Last edited by Togath; 2016-08-30 at 05:09 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

11. - Top - End - #41
    Colossus in the Playground

Cabbage galette. Chop and steam half a head of cabbage. Whip up a batter with eggs, milk, flour, and chopped bacon, onions, and parsley. Spread half the batter in an oiled baking pan, cover with the cabbage, spread the other half on top. Bake until golden brown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting