Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Fargrim

    Round: 1
    Initiative: 4
    HP: 10/10
    AC: 14

    Thought the big-talker would've bought me more time. At least the mage did good work, and the guards are too busy to wake the sleepers.

    All of a sudden, Fargrim turns to the now battered Ritan and says, "If they were just going to throw me in prison, I would have gone with 'em!"

    Fargrim moves into flanking position on Ritan's assailant (swoops around threatened areas, ending the move action in the square directly behind the guard) and attacks using his morningstar.

    "Stupid interruptin' city guard!"

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10]

  2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Round 2
    Initiative: 15
    HP 7/7
    AC 13

    Harold blanches as he sees 5 loaded crossbows levelled at him, and quickly ducks back inside the inn. Looking around, however, he sees that things haven't improved much at all; knives are still flying, spells are still being cast, and weapons are still being swung. Armed men still stand between him and any other exits.
    Besides, they'd probably have those covered too. Maybe if I just sit quietly in the corner...?
    Edging his way past the sleeping guards, Harold clambers beneath one of the wooden tables in the very corner of the inn. To comfort himself, he begins playing a melody on his mandolin; one marked with crashing crescendos and soaring tune that is very evocative of the heat of battle.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Moving two squares to the right, beneath the table, and beginning to Inspire Courage, granting +1 on attack, Damage, and saves to the brawlers
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Blood rushes from the wound in Ritan's shoulder. His hands are slick with blood as he draws another knife from a boot. Ritan curses the man next to him, cowering in fear. "They won't spare you," Ritan reassures the man. Gripping the handle tight, he slashes at the throat of the guard in front of him.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ritan Drenathy
    Round 2
    Initiative: 17
    HP 3/6
    AC 15

    Attack: (1d20+1)[12](13) (Stupid high initiative, I miss out on both flanking and inspiring courage.)
    Damage: (1d4+1)[3](4)
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  4. - Top - End - #34
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    OOC: Ow. Anywho, I know it looks like I'm just using whatever special attacks catch my eye at the moment, but there is method to my madness.

    Len
    Round 2
    Initiative: 11
    HP: 8/13
    AC: 17
    Effects: Inspire Courage (+1)

    Len's eyes cross briefly as a large purple swath takes shape over the side of her face. She blinks, and the red crested helmet of the captain comes into focus in front of her.

    Immediately dismissing the urge to ram her halberd through his face, she drops into a crouch, snags the weapon through the other guard's legs, and then wrenches her end of the weapon to one side...

    "Don't let this fool stand up again, ace!"

    Spoiler
    Show

    *Len makes a Trip attempt with her halberd against the guard to her south*

    She avoids the attack of opportunity because she is using an armed touch attack, if I understand correct.

    Strength Check (I hope this is right): (1d20+3)[7]

  5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    I did roll initiative and got an 18. I hope it's not too late for you to edit me back up in the line if it would make any difference in the first round, since it wasn't my mistake. Look in the spoiler on the last post I made before you posted the map for my roll.


    Flare
    Round 2
    Initiative: 18
    HP: 13/13
    AC: 12
    Effects: Inspire Courage (+1)

    Flare glares at the guards and suddenly his hair turns from black to pure white and glowing brightly, like a fragment of the sun fallen to earth. His orange eyes are truly blazing. "I won't let you hurt anyone!" He shouts.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Celestial Sorcerer Aura (using 1st level spell slot).
    All hostiles within 20 feet of me must make a DC 15 Will save or take a -2 penalty on attack rolls, checks (including opposed ability checks and such, which will probably matter given what Len is doing), and saving throws. The effect lasts 24 hours or until the enemy successfully strikes me.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ritan does receive flanking bonuses, which I forgot to include in my roll for some reason, because Fargrim flanked at the end of the first round! For ease of reading, I'm going to post a round later and bump my initiative to 30. It won't change the order, and hopefully it won't change anything else.


    Assuming both Fargrim and Ritan's attacks were enough to take out the guard (man, I hope so), Fargrim says to Ritan, "You look hurt. Play it safe and take out the sleepers before they wake up. I'll go after the lively ones."
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-09 at 05:47 PM.

  7. - Top - End - #37
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fargrim takes out the guard directly in front of Ritan, he'll move to attack the one across from Len. This time, he will be flanking and he'll get sneak attack damage. Which, is what would happen if Fargrim doesn't take out this first guard.

    Attack gets +4 for a total of 17
    Sneak Attack Damage: (1d6)[3](3)

    Note: Coup de Grace is a full round action, if I remember correctly, so I couldn't move and get a sleeping guard. Might as well try to get the ones that are still kicking this time and get another sleeping one next round.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  8. - Top - End - #38
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Sorry, Slade. I hadn't realized that. My bad. 18 is your Initiative.



    Round 2

    Fargrim attacks one of the guards from the side, and quickly dispatches him with a great display of combat prowess. He and Ritan exchange words in the mess of the fighting, and Ritan then runs forth to attack another guard.

    Flare cries out at the men nearest him, and unleashes another spell. Immediately, the unarmed guard seems affected, and flees in the hopelessness of his situation. You can hear him calling for more aid. The captain seems unaffected, but the other guard with him loses his footing and seems to lack the focus to fight with all of his strength.

    Ritan arrives but a second after, burying his knife in the back of the remaining affected guard, immediately dropping him to the ground. The blood from the guard's wound stains Ritan's hands, a bit catching onto his clothing, as well.

    Harold ducks under a table, far from the fighting, and plays a strange tune. Those resisting the guards find themselves more confident in their ability to continue the fight.

    Len tries to knock the guard captain off his feat, but finds her attempt to be futile. The captain takes the opportunity to use her compromised state against her, but is unable to force her to the ground. Desperately, he swings his club again, connecting with Len's head once more, and dealing 3 damage.

    Suddenly, the eastern door connected to the tavern hall bursts open, and three more guards pour in. One of them looks more distinguished than the rest, much like the captain, but his dress would suggest a lower rank than he. Seeing his comrades failing, he cries out to the others with him. "Quickly, to our captain's aid! Take down this scum!"

    (This new guy is Mr. Red Dot)
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-10 at 07:01 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #39
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare
    Round 2
    Initiative: 18
    HP: 6/6
    AC: 12
    Effects: Inspire Courage (+1)

    "This is your last chance! I'm not going to hold back any longer!"

    The color of Flare's hair however, seems to be flickering a bit, and his eyes dull as he casts another spell.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Begin casting sleep.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  10. - Top - End - #40
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Len
    Round 3
    Initiative: 11
    HP: 5 / 13
    AC: 17
    Effects: Inspire Courage +1

    This hit connects with a heavy 'thunk' in Len's hearing as it slams into her ear. Extremely, blindingly painful, but less disruptive than taking one in the chin, at least.

    Okay, big man...

    Without letting herself miss a beat, she swipes the halberd, this time with the business-end forward, toward the soft underside of the captain's arm.

    Spoiler
    Show

    *Len attacks...for once*

    d20 + BAB(1) + Str(3) + Inspire Courage(1) =

    (1d20+5)[13]

    OOC: C'mon, double digits.

  11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Fargrim
    Round: 3
    Initiative: 30
    HP: 10/10
    AC: 14
    Effects: Inspire Courage +1

    Yes, yes, aid your beloved captain...

    A mischevious grin runs across Fargrim's otherwise solemn face as he turns to the captain and lets loose the power of Faraham's command:

    "Flee."

    He then quickly moves to the square to the right of the captain to flank him and to guide his course of fleeing towards his comrades.

    That should demoralize 'em.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Command, DC 15

  12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Round 3
    Initiative: 15
    HP 7/7
    AC 13

    Harold cradles his mandolin as he continues playing a song.
    **** **** **** ****! They're actually trying to kill the guards! After this mess, they're going to arrest everyone who even looks like them!
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    As the guard goes down in a bloody mess, Ritan looks at another cowering patron of the inn. "See, they aren't invincible. They are only human. But if they capture you and throw you in a dungeon, they'll seem like demons," says Ritan hastily. He steps up, knife in hand to the guard left in front of him. Using an opening left by a feint from Len, he slides in between the table and the guard. The blade of the knife was slicked with blood. Rousing battle music poured through the room. Ritan swings his knife while the guard is distracted with Len. This needs to end. Soon. "The only way any of us are going home tonight is if we all work to get out of here!" Anger and frustration colors Ritan's face. After all of this, most of the people still weren't realizing fate was in their hands.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ritan Drenathy
    Round: 3
    Initiative: 17
    HP: 3/6
    AC: 15
    Effects: Inspire Courage +1

    Attack: (1d20+6)[10](16) (+1 Str, +4 Flanking, +1 Inspire Courage
    Damage: (1d4+2)[3](5) (+1 Str, +1 Inspire Courage)
    Sneak Attack (1d6)[6]
    Diplomacy Check: (1d20+6)[10](16)

    I think I was confused about where exactly the door was. From where the new guards are, I'm guessing I moved away from the door. In hindsight, I should have asked for that to be made more clear. :\
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  14. - Top - End - #44
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Saterus, how do you mean? Following my description, the north door is the entrance. Sorry if that was vague. These guards apparently have come through a side/back door. If you look up at an earlier post..."There is a breaking of glass in another room" just before the first bunch entered. The diagonal lines show where the doors open up - I can try to bold them so they stand out more.


    Round 3

    The fight rages on mercilessly, and things become increasingly violent. Fargrim calls upon the power of God, to instill a command in the Captain to retreat, and then moves in, barring his path towards the closest exit.

    Flare then warns the guards a final time as he then proceeds to cast another spell, but they ignore his cry and move in closer.

    As Ritan continues to rouse the other tavern patrons, he whirls his knife about, and soon goes for the next-nearest target - the captain. Catching him unprepared and ready to run, Ritan digs his knife deep into the man's side, who lets out a cry of anguish before dropping to the ground. "Captain! NO!" Shouts the other decorated individual, as he springs forth. Fueled by his anger, he lets loose a powerful attack on Ritan, which hits directly, dealing 7 damage (non-lethal).

    Harold is still ignored.

    Spoiler
    Show

    I'll assume Len, not having the Captain as a target, goes for this guard instead.


    Len now decides to use the lethal force of her halberd, swinging carelessly at the lieutenant figure, and misses. He seems nervous, going up against an individual with such a large and deadly weapon, when only armed with a cludgel, but stands adamant.

    Another guard closes in behind Fargrim, who turns in time only to watch helplessly as a club crashes into his face, mercilessly. Surely, the might of the blow has broken Fargrim's nose. Fargrim is dealt 11 damage (critical hit, non-lethal). The third guard fails to get close enough to press the attack, so instead he calls out to the brawlers. "Surrender, you knaves!"

    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-10 at 07:02 PM.

  15. - Top - End - #45
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Len
    Round 3
    Initiative: 11
    HP: 5 / 13
    AC: 17
    Effects: Inspire Courage +1

    Len only has time to miss the captain before a counterattack comes crashing through the door and two of her own are mowed down.

    "Hey, ace, I'm beginning to think we should have just paid bail. What do you think, Lieutenant?"

    "I said surrender!"

    She rolls up on the balls of her feet and readies the halberd. She has a good feeling about this next one...

    Spoiler
    Show

    *Len attacks*

    Attack roll
    (1d20+5)[25] (d20 + BAB + Str + Inspire Courage)

    Damage roll
    (1d10+5)[9] (d10 + Str*1.5 + Inspire Courage)


  16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Round 4
    Initiative: 15
    HP 7/7
    AC 13

    Harold winces with each scream and thump of a body hitting the floor, but keeps on playing beneath the table. Until... The guard captain falls to the ground, and doesn't move. Harold's fingers drop nervelessly from the strings, and all he can do is gape.
    (1 round of Bardic Inspiration remains)
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-07-10 at 06:46 PM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  17. - Top - End - #47
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare
    Round 3
    Initiative: 18
    HP: 6/6
    AC: 12
    Effects: Inspire Courage (+1)

    Flare's eyes burst with light as he finishes his spell, but then dull, until they are almost, but not quite at the level which a normal human being might possess. "Sleep now," he says gently. "Thy burden is lifted off thy shoulders."

    His eyes blaze at whichever foe remains. "Unleash thy wrath!" An open palm points into the direction of his target and then an arrow made purely of light speeds toward the guard, passing harmlessly through any object or person in its path until it explodes upon contact with the unfortunate man.

    Flare's eyes are dull indeed now, though they still seem to have just a bit of arcane life in them. His hair is no longer anything but the black it was in the first place. He pulls his longspear from his back and begins looking for a way to join Lin.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Sleep is finished casting, I will target the corner below the fallen Fargrim, which should hit the guard that defeated Fargrim and the Lieutenant. Will Save DC 15 to resist sleep.

    Should the guard who defeated Fargrim still stand, I will target him with my magic missile. Otherwise I will use it on the guard behind the lieutenant.

    Magic Missile - (1d4+1)[3]

    Then I will draw my longspear and hold my position for now.
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2007-07-10 at 12:24 PM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1



    Round 4

    Flare's second sleep spell quickly incapacitates one of the guards, but the lieutenant still stands strong. Then, with a quick chant, he unleashes a bolt of magical energy, hitting the other guard dead-on. He is wounded, but does not falter.

    The lieutenant and Len exchange attacks, and soon Len finds her halberd buried in the shoulder of her foe. Blood spurts from the wound and across the weapon, as well as onto Len's face.

    His strength leaves him, and his club clanks to the ground. For a moment, he remains standing, staring into Len's eyes as she removes her weapon. He slowly falls backwards, his back hitting the table, with a look of overwhelming fear and pain etched into his face. It is a haunting, chilling face, one of which that seems to burn itself into your memory.

    His last remaining comrade cries for his loss, and finally joins the fray, despite his wound. His anger guides his movements, making his attack clumsy, and easy enough for Len to parry. He screams in anger at Len as his pitiful swings fail to break through her defense. "You scum! You scoundrels! You bastards! Your existence is an affront to God! You don't deserve the right to live!"
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-10 at 07:19 PM.

  19. - Top - End - #49
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare
    Round 3
    Initiative: 18
    HP: 6/6
    AC: 12
    Effects: Inspire Courage (+1)

    Flare moves around the table, chairs and stools clattering as he jostles them. "Forgive me," he says quietly as he moves to the opposite side of the guard and jabs at him with his spear.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack - (1d20+2)[5]
    Damage - (1d8)[4]
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  20. - Top - End - #50
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Len
    Round 3
    Initiative: 11
    HP: 5/13
    AC: 17
    Effects: Inspire Courage +1

    The chilling, black void of guilt suddenly eats away at Len's insides. This feeling is as old as warfare itself and she only knows it by the Guilderian term "conscience attack", reflecting their adversarial attitude toward so much of the human condition.

    "Look at that innkeeper and tell me what offends your God!" She says more firmly than she feels during a lull in the barrage. She can think of ten different former clients she had bled to protect that the wild-eyed young man resembles.

    Finally, she lunges; the worst battles are always on the inside.

    Spoiler
    Show

    *Len attacks*

    Attack Roll
    [1d20+5]

    Damage
    [1d10+5]

  21. - Top - End - #51
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Ugh, way to blow the code, Tamale:

    Attack roll:
    (1d20+5)[10]

    Damage:
    (1d10+5)[13]

  22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1



    Round 5

    Both Len and Flare fail to take down the remaining guard. While a mess of emotions, that doesn't stop his armor from warding what blows would ordinarily take down most men. He continues to scream wildly as he swings for Len once more, but as earlier, his attack is wide and clumsy, missing her entirely.

  23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    Reassured that the fighting is at least carrying itself away from his table, Harold pulls out one of the chairs and sits down, straightening up his white shirt as he does. He carefully measures the distance between himself and the nearest window, in case those remaining choose to not leave witnesses to the battle.
    Look on the bright side, Harold...at least the Inn's not on fire. That poor inkeeper's gonna have enough stigma as it is, without the place burning down around his head as well.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  24. - Top - End - #54
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually two squares left of where you put me, which might not actually give us flanking bonuses. But I do have a longspear and I can't hit anything from there.


    Flare grits his teeth and jabs with his longspear once again.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Attack - (1d20)[7]
    Damage - (1d8)[6]
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  25. - Top - End - #55
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Len follows Flare's lead. She's starting to get a headache.

    Attack:
    (1d20+4)[17]

    Damage:
    (1d20+4)[11]

  26. - Top - End - #56
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare again fails to strike true, but Len compensates by dealing a heavy blow to the man's chest. He slumps to the ground, his blood pooling out a bit beneath him.

    Victory

    Harold, scoping out for windows, finds that the nearest window is but a foot away, but it leads to the front where more guards wait. Peeking out, he notices a prison wagon of sorts, where the unruly drunkards and being pushed into. The guards make actual requests for the more sober patrons to comply, and they seem to give their cooperation. A few more guards arrive before the tavern, and their leader speaks with one of the others outside. Like the captain who fell inside, this new arrival shows markings of superior rank. They have yet to make move towards the entrance.

    Aside from the other windows facing the front, there is one window to the west wall, behind the bar. It's unlikely it'll provide a very good escape route, as it would be in clear view of those out front as well.

    As you look around you, you count five wounded guards, and two wounded brawlers. Though the guards sustained great injuries (and they continue to bleed out), the others that fought against them seem to be alright, though you're sure they'll carry bruises for a week.

    The bartender groans as holds his face in pain - at least he seems conscious again. Still, he is surely incapacitated for the time being.

    Flare, Harold, and Len appear to be the only alert individuals in the room, at the moment.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-12 at 01:51 AM.

  27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Harold strides with light steps to where the stricken inn-keeper yet lies and looks down sympathetically.
    "We've both got rotten luck, but I'm about to do you the favor of getting these violent people out of your inn."
    Crouching down, Harold walks to the back window of the Inn and flings it wide. He calls out in a low, rough voice;
    "C'mon boss; we gotta run for it! That invisibility ain't gonna last forever! Munsten'll distract 'em!"
    Then, with a brief incantation, Harold uses a ghost sound to give the sound of two heavy thuds outside the window, and then a confusion of footsteps thudding across the cobblestones with the sound of jingling armor.
    Following that, Harold mumbles again, and a silent glowing humanoid blob of light coalesces in front of the inn door; its arms held wide to bar passage.
    (OOC: dancing lights)
    There. A double feint. I doubt most two-silver coppers could get much past one feint.
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-07-12 at 07:34 AM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  28. - Top - End - #58
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare puts his longspear away. "Thank you Lin. We'll get you out of here and have your wounds tended to. His eyes run over the two fallen men who had helped them during the battle. "Can you carry either of those two?"

    He isn't wasting any time, and he moves back to the bar to retrieve his veiled hat and put it back on, concealing the color of his once-brilliant eyes. Then he rushes over to the innkeeper, crouching beside him and wiping the blood off the old man's forehead. "We've taken care of the guards for now sir, but we desperately need to escape. Are there any hidden exits out of this place?"
    Last edited by EvilRoeSlade; 2007-07-12 at 11:15 AM.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold's distraction seems to work almost immediately - several guards rush to follow the "invisible" escapees. However, the front is still occupied.

    Sounds of fighting can be heard in other rooms on the ground level, not far away. "Hidden exits? Boy-o...what kind of establishment you think I run here?" he takes a moment to collect his bearings, and sits up, on the floor. "Wait, you said you dealt with them?" He looks around, and begins to panic when he sees the bodies of several guards laying on his floor. "Oh no...I could have easily gotten out of this because they didn't follow the protocol...but now...this is horrible!" He stands up, frantic. "They'll close me down for good! I'm done for! They're gonna take my inn away and they'll pin this all on me!" He holds his head in pain as he stumbles backwards, stopping once he falls against the side of the bar.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-12 at 03:02 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Harold nods, somberly.
    "That'd be a problem. How about this; an Innkeeper who, after being left tied up by the villanous vagabonds, manages to escape his bonds and tend to the sorely-wounded guards in his Inn? You saving their lives has got to be worth something, am I right?"
    he snaps his fingers.
    "speaking of which..." Harold dashes over to the recumbant guards, seeing who's bleeding and providing first aid as quickly as he can.
    Heal check - (1d20+0)[9]
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •