New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Harold Betruger
    Harold shrugs.
    "If there were a better option, I'd leap at that. But the plain fact of it is, there's no law here but what they make themselves. Besides, I've been bullied in my time enough by petty thugs and two-bit extortioners; besides When in barbaria, and all that."
    He looks around at the barroom carnage.
    "No, I can't find much pity in my heart for men who knew something was this wrong, and did it anyways. Still, make it quick, eh?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

2. - Top - End - #752
    Bugbear in the Playground

Flare

No. Flare steps forward, placing himself in front of the unconscious men. I didn't fight them just so you could do this. Good people don't kill others in their sleep.

He shoots a burning glare around. We will not treat their wounds. They have lost the right of hospitality. Those who live, live. Those who die, die. If you can't or won't jail them then they will leave here and never return. By our spells and blades, they have learned the folly of their ways.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

Important details have been posted in the OOC.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold shakes his head.
    "You're not showing them mercy that way, you know; if the rot and infection doesn't get them, then they'll just get mobbed to death later. Even supposing they survive, what have they got? A simmering grudge and no prospects for a long ways around, is my guess. Then it's either banditry all over again or trying to get far enough away and making an honest living."

5. - Top - End - #755

Flare

Flare shrugs coolly, his normal benevolent mien replaced with something less pleasant. What happens to them next doesn't concern me. Their leader is dead, and there are only three that escaped a mortal injury. Since those three aren't a threat to us or the village, then they live. What happens to them next is their own business, not mine.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

DB: Finally, I finally understand why you thought I was tyring to bluff Harry. From now on, I'll say who I'm directing social checks toward:

Len gave Warren the dagger and is basically double-dog-daring him to do it while eloquently stoking his guilt. Talking to Harold was for narrative purposes, and I really wish I hadn't as it does look like me trying to bluff a PC and now BSing my way out of it. But scout's honor, it was for Warren.

If you want me to try again, I will.[/so not trying to be a whiner ]

They couldn't possibly be ready to fight over this, could they? Len finishes her search for valuables, and wearily plants a hand on her knee as she climbs to her feet. Earnestly hoping it isn't a fever, she lumps the loot in the sack and ties the drawstrings over her shoulder.

Finally, she asks a bystander for some lengths of cord and whether there's a wagon in town.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm thinking we make a pile of bodies outside of town, with the live ones hand-bound at the bottom. Its a pretty messed up punishment and if they still wanna do crime after scrambling out from underneath their dead friends, then we know they're hardcore.

If nothing else, its a compromise that'll let us get on with our lives instead of mincing words with Fargrim and Warren McDoomedBartender.

Oh, and happy friday
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-02-16 at 12:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

"Y-yes, there is." One of the musicians step closer to Len. "Mr. Filburt is a merchant whose shop is across the street - owns it with his wife, he does. He was unloading the wagon he brought in today when the men came, then he just ran inside. That's what they told us to do. "Get inside, and leave yer tribute in the tavern, so we can collect it with your ale and whores" is what their leader said. I'm sure he's got some rope, too..."

All the while, Warren the barkeeper stands quiet, considering what to do. While earlier very enthusiastic about finishing the men off, weighing the dagger now in his hand makes him think upon his decision.

"I don't wanna kill 'em. But, it's what's right. They've done a lot of harm around here, and they deserve no mercy." He steps closer to the nearest bandit, who lays unconscious. He adjusts his grip to properly thrust, and kneels over the body wearing a hateful brow.

The one bandit that remains awake at this point watches in horror, held from running by the tip of Schorbuk's blade. The Halfling deliberately turns away from where Warren stands. Fargrim, on the other hand, stares intently forward, seemingly ready to do the job in Warren's place, should he hesitate.

Spoiler
    Show
    A thorough search of the other bandits gets you 7 clubs, 5 daggers, 3 suits of padded armor, 4 suits of leather, 2 suits of studded leather, 3 suits of hide armor. There is an accumulated 97cp, 32sp and 5gp. Other items add up to 3 belt pouches, 6 sacks, two-weeks of trail rations. One man carries a small silver trinket charm with a symbol of Syreth, and another has a two-faced copper coin which does not bear the Medician etched design of currency.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-02-20 at 09:54 PM.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold crosses his arms determinedly, and sets his gaze upon the bandit.
    "Do it, if you're doing it. Bandit scum."

9. - Top - End - #759
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC: Another beautiful friday. I'm glad the bandwidth monster seems to be done for now.

IC: "Rrr. Alright then." Len says grudgingly. "At least now you're deciding it on principle and not bloodlust."

Len watches sadly as the bartender muscles past Flare with an angry sigh and descends upon the first sleeping bandit. Its...strange: where she used to be such a decisive person before, different urges tug at her from all sides before she can pin them down with words.

On one hand, she knows what its like to be victimized and part of her is still exhilirated from seeing such dramatic comeuppance. That said, whenever she glances back, all she sees is one man about to die from someone who isn't an executioner.

Her hand twitches on the pommel of the sword as the knife descends. No, No...no, its his decision. Instead, she turns and begins to clean the tavern, heaving one of the other bodies up to its feet and then strains, grunting until it finally slumps over her. She boots the front door open and heads outside into the gathering dusk.

The wagon creaks and shakes as she dumps the first installment of her morbid cargo therein, and then begins her next trip, hanging her head as she passes a stone-faced Max.

"Max? Have you ever went along with something you didn't necessarily agree with--but really couldn't do much about it?" she says quietly.

A resigned sigh. "I really don't know who hasn't at some point."

"Me neither. But nobody ever cut my throat in my sleep for it."

The blue sky mixes into twilight and the moon glares coldly down at her. Justice didn't use to be this hard.

Spoiler
    Show
    I hope you don't mind me having Max say that. It was just for flavor purposes since it would be dumb to wait an entire week for a reply just to spring that line, I figured 'wth'. If that's a no-no, I'll never do it again and won't abuse the leeway otherwise.

So I gave it some thought, and this is probably more appropriate behavior for Len than just me-too'ing Flare all the time. Please make her pile up the bodies, ride out of town, and spend the night on grave duty, possibly sneaking one of the sleeping bandits away for 'dead' if the chance comes up. Later on, she'll try to score some free chain, and then follow everyone out of town if we reach that point by next friday. If any really funny business happens, I think you know which side Len will take.

Oh, and feel free to use her to make first contact with the new guys if you feel like. Have a good week, and welcome again to the new players. Enjoy your time in the game.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-02-24 at 01:25 AM.

10. - Top - End - #760

Flare

As Warren approaches the unconscious bandit Flare draws his crossbow and pulls back the loading mechanism to make it snap, simply for effect. Don't even think about it.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Warren's head shoots up, and he finds himself looking down the crossbow bolt now aimed in his direction from afar. "W..What're you doin'! You with these knaves, now?" He stands, if a bit fearfully. "You outsiders have no idea what's gone on 'round here - you have no idea what pain these bastards have caused. You wanna let them go?" He takes a deep breath. "Over my dead body!"

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold watches the scene unfolding thoughtfully.
    "Well, seems we're at cross-purposes here. Flare here apparently has a problem with you killing this bandit. Instead, he seems to be saying he ought to walk, and let chance take him where it will. I have to say, it squares with what I've observed about his attitude on the justice system in general. I'll tell you what, Warren; Our behatted friend here is convinced that this bandit here on the ground isn't a threat to you or yours any more. Now, since it's Flare asserting this, I'm suggesting we make them his responsibility. That is, we'll take these three living bandits with us, and Flare will be totally in charge of their care. If you're saving their lives by this, well, you're responsible."
    Harold leans against the counter, steepling his fingers. "It's all very well to say what's right and wrong, but it takes conviction to live with the consequences of your choice, and pick up the responsibility. You willing to take on that responsibility there, Flare?"

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, I think we've waited long enough, here. I'm moving things along.

Flare, Harold, Len

Flare agrees with Harold's terms, saying the group can take them back to Crowhaven once you return to Porto Giedion. But, Warren seems reluctant to accept. He looks to the one still conscious (under Schorbuk's blade), staring intently. "Alright. Take these pathetic bastards outta here," He eventually grunts, and then turns to Flare. "But make sure you take them in! If I hear one of these animals get loose because of your carelessness, we'll have YOUR head!" He grumbles unintelligibly, and hands Len her dagger back. Fargrim is visibly disappointed, but he begrudgingly agrees. "Truly, these men deserve death - but if you are unwilling to bend, then I dare not contest you. The prison may yet suffice - one can only hope that Faharam will not be displeased with us taking this chance."

"And I'll need help getting these ones here out." Warren looks down to one of the fallen bandits, who has no doubt already passed.

The remaining bandits - a total of five - are tied up, and then placed in some stocks in the center of town, for the night. There are not enough to accomodate all of the criminals, so one ends up being tied to a post.

In the meantime, the townspeople hear of your deeds, and the group is offered 100 gold coins, a portion of what the people had hidden away from the bandits that plagued them so often. You learn these men were a menace to the town, forcing themselves upon it on a monthly basis, brutally beating and sometimes killing anyone who gave them so much as an unkindly look. With no help ever coming from the kingsmen stationed in Porto Giedion or any other city, they were given free reign to torment the poor souls of Epeschel. The town was left quite poor, after they had demanded so much tribute - and now, thanks to you, they are confident things will return to relative normalcy.

You are also promised free rooms and meals anytime you visit, for being the saviors of this small town. The townsfolk also offer repairs to your arms and armor, as well as whatever other services they can offer, and even then still feel as if they cannot thank you enough. You sleep well, this night, despite the lumps and creaks in the old beds this poor inn has to offer. And in the morning, you feel completely renewed for the coming day.

When your party is gathered in the common room, you learn that Maximilian has already taken care of his business early, and that he and Willard await for you to finish your breakfast before setting out again. Willard also takes great pleasure in noting that the town has agreed to provide you with horses the bandits had been using - unruly as they may be - to hasten your travels.

You return to Porto Giedion in less than half the time - it is but the evening of one full-day's travel when you arrive. Maximilian and Willard leave for Claudius' estate, while the group heads for Crowhaven to deliver the criminals you brought with you. Your names are taken, as the justice system requires the men to be put to trial, and you are requested to stay for questioning. Schorbuk notes the townsfolk can vouch for what had happened - to which the guardsman notes that he will send a representative to investigate what happened, but does not withdraw that he must confirm who you are, as you apparently lack what's called a "Bounty Hunter's License". After explaining what happened, you are asked where you are staying, to which Fargrim honestly answers, "The Harpy's Head". The guardsmen then informs you that you should expect to hear from the courts within a week.

After your business at Crowhaven, you return to Claudius, who meets you with eager enthusiasm. You now sit in his study, provided with plenty more tea and crumpits. He expresses immense gratitude, saying that you have undoubtedly help secure his financial future. He gives you your payment - 140 gold coins each - and then tosses another small bag of coin before you, stating, "Maximilian said you were more than worthy of extra pay - that he remained safe despite many great perils." The additional bag contains 10 platinum pieces.

After receiving his payment, Schorbuk gives his thanks, and then gracefully departs, saying he has "other business to attend to."

Claudius, still rather pleased, then continues. "I trus-"

"Lord Claudius Seville! I must speak with Lord Claudius Seville!"

The nobleman freezes, seeming to recognize the voice, which seems to come from downstairs. He listens for a moment as it continues speaking.

"Go, woman! I am Titus Theobald - tell your lord I seek an audience!"

Visibly irritated, Claudius begs your pardon as he leaves the room to meet the man.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Shimar, Drahlo, Lucian

Being recruited by Sir Titus Theobald, to aid in his heroic quest, you were promised good pay for working for a good cause. He did note the job would be dangerous, and so he noted "more able men are needed". How dangerous the situation was hadn't been too clear, but the "Paladin" (as he called himself) had said that they only needed the help of one man: Claudius Seville. "He is a man with great wealth and great spirit - and, as I have aided him in the past, he has promised to return the favor and assist me, in any time of need. We will recruit his skill and his funds to bring justice back to the land of Medici!" Or, so one thought.

As you stand in the foyer of Claudius' great mansion, you observe the many facets of his interests - exquisite wall furnishings and various expensive paintings adorn the room, showing off the nobleman's prestige and value. A red carpet runs from the top of a winding staircase opposite the entrance, and atop is a thin elven man, dressed in most regal clothing and jewelry. Titus tells you three to stand back, and let him do the talking.

"Ah, Claudius!"

"Eh, Mr. Theobald..."

Claudius descends the staircase to meet the questing knight. His slightly furrowed brow shows a slight bit of discomfort with this unscheduled meeting. "I have come seeking your aid - as you once sought mine. The Magistrate Thaddeus of Rogar's Bend is a vile sorcerer who fools even our own government officials, and sadly, our very King! He uses dark magics to imprison the townsfolk that live in his lands, and does horrible, horrible things! I am assembling a band of warriors to liberate the people, and bring this caitiff to justice." All the while, Claudius nods slightly, a bit bemused by Titus' antics. "I need you, Claudius - I need you to venture alongside our band and help eliminate this evil!" The lord stands agape for a moment, glancing about the room nervously. He holds up his hands, and backs up a step. "I'm...uh...I'm...eh...can you...can you give me a moment?" He starts to climb back up the stairs. "Just, eh, wait here. I'll be right back. I have other guests."

You await in the lobby as Claudius enters another room.

Flare, Harold, Len

Claudius returns, his face consumed by an expression of bewilderment. "Okay, okay..." He looks up at your party. "You wanted more work, right? I'll pay you double your previous fee if you can help me out with something..."
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-02-27 at 11:47 AM.

14. - Top - End - #764

Drahlo

Unaccustomed to such fineries, Drahlo moves to inspect one of the paintings. Guha climbs up to his shoulder as he does so, and together the two examine it thoroughly--the orc puts his face right up next to it, sniffing it, peering at every detail. He never quite touches it--he had learned in his brief time here that some people seemed to take offense at being touched or having their possessions touched without their permission.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-02-27 at 05:38 PM.

15. - Top - End - #765

Shimar

Next to Drahlo, stands a heavily muscled man, wearing an old, yet sturdy leather armor, with a kilt and a pelt of some white, northern animal. His clothings show that he's coming from the barbarian tribes, and his mannerism and appereance makes that belief even stronger. The human's long black hair is shaven in stripes, and his face, and as far as you can see, his whole body, is decorated with blue-green tattoos of totem animals and seemingly nonfigurative forms usual at the barbarian warriors. He carries a heavy, spearlike weapon, which, by the look of it, needs tremendous strenght to handle in combat. The spear is of good craftsmanship, and it is decorated by various feathers and animal fangs. At his feet lies a grey dog, who keeps looking at the druid's pet extensively, but remains at his place peacefully.

He looks around quickly, but doesn't gives as much attention to details as Drahlo. He tries not to cut the draperies with his large weapon as he looks around, so he decides to place it next to a wall. As quietly as a barbarian can, he notes: "In my father's house it would have been a dishonour if we had our guests waiting and not serving them a keg of good ale." Of course he's careful to say that when the elf lord is away, mostly to criticize the hospitality, not actually demanding a drink.
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian Nikostratos Cerullian Salvatore (The Younger)

Lucian half-smiles.

But we aren't in your father's house, are we, Shimar? You should know the importance of growing accustomed to the habits of foriegners. It's a survival skill in your part of the world, isn't it?

Lucian wanders over to a tapestry and appraises its quality.

I imagine we'll be offered liquid refreshment in time. If not, I'll buy us all a round at a local tavern so we can begin this quest appropriately--with a toast to its success.

A tall, slim human in his mid twenties, Lucian carries himself with an upright dignity, but without a trace of self-satisfaction. Every item of clothing is immaculately clean, from his fine, black leather boots to his oiled, black studded leather armor. One gloved hand rests on the basket-hilt of a sheathed rapier. The other is raised to hold an invisible glass in mock-toast. On his back is a sheathed shortbow and quiver as well as a solid-looking backpack.

The cut of his clothes and their rich color suggest careful consideration, but with an eye for practicality. His assured manner suggests a confidence in his position and a preparedness for any eventuality.

Who knows? Perhaps our host has decided to don his traveling boots and hoist his longsword or bow. Who, I submit to you, gentlemen, can resist the call to adventure?

With this, Lucian's wry smile becomes a full, beaming grin, and he claps Shimar heavily on the shoulder.
    Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-02-27 at 09:29 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767

Flare

Flare has been quiet for some time. In truth he had wanted simply to let the bandits go and hope they had learned their lesson, but he understood the townsfolk's desire for justice. Still, turning the bandits over to the very government whose negligence had allowed them to exist in the first place seemed an exercise in futility. In the end he had to be satisfied that he had left the place better than he had found it.

Now, Flare smiles gently at Claudius. I'm listening.

18. - Top - End - #768

Shimar

The barbarian got used to Lucian's manner while travelling together, he's not even irritated by the small man correcting him every now and then. Perhaps deep inside he knows that in most cases, Lucian knows better how these 'civilised' lands are. When Lucian slaps him on the shoulder, he refrains from returning the act, since comrades with broken backbones are not quite as effective in combat. He instead only responds with a short "Bah!"

However it was clean that the noble elf wasn't exactly happy when he saw the paladin, and didn't even try to conceal that, but that isn't Shimar's business, so he doesn't care about it other than noticing the fact.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold glances from side to side at his companions.
    "Double, you say? That's strangely generous, and it makes me fear a little whatever "little task" you've got set up for us. What's on your mind, sir?"

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

Shimar, Drahlo, Lucian

The painting Drahlo inspects is that of a wiry old man wearing what is no doubt a large, white wig - he is dressed in what most city-folk would consider formal attire, and wears a stern face. He holds a book in his arm, adorned with tiny triangular symbol with an eye at the top - a symbol, you have heard, the people of Medici associate with enlightenment.

The tapestry Lucian looks over is no less in quality, and would likely be worth quite a bit of coin. The Unicorn is Found is written on a small insert at the base of the tapestry, which seems to depict some sort of hunt for such a mythical beast.

After standing in the hall for a few moments, a butler approaches the group, and invites you to be seated in the dining hall for the remainder of your wait. A maid soon enters, and provides tea.

"Worry not, my comrades." Says Titus. "While he may have seemed hesitant to join with us immediately, he is by no means hesitant to fight for a good cause. With the aid of Sir Claudius, we'll surely route our foe. I have heard that despite his small frame, he is a master of many talents. We are lucky to have the elf on our side."

Flare, Harold, Len

"Well...." Claudius starts slowly. "To make the story short - there's a man downstairs whom I owe a favor, but how I am expected to repay this man appears to be very different from what I had in mind. He...well..." Claudius grows visibly frustrated. "He apparently wants to march on over to a town outside of Porto Giedion and forcibly remove a Magistrate from his office." He begins pacing around the room. "He kept sending me letters about how he knew the magistrate was some kind of wizard, who hid in a keep and did experiments on townsfolk. And then there was some nonsense about walking corpses. He says that the Royal Inquisitors won't formally investigate the situation, but will consider any evidence he finds to support his claims. I didn't ever write back - I thought he'd simply give up on me. I heard he was heading this way, so then I told my servants to not let him in. Sure enough, he's here. I can't go crusading across the countryside on some quest to save the world - I have too much business at hand! Little good I'd do, anyway..." He trails off. "But, I don't think he'll be too pleased to hear that." He halts, rubbing his forehead. "For my reputation, I need to somehow appease this man. It may not be your kind of work, but, please, consider going with him in my stead."

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

Harold
    Harold winces.
    "Depose a Magistrate, eh? That's...dangerous work. How, erm," he steeples his fingers together. "Right. So the idea would be to resolve this in some manner or another; but really, we're making a showing on your behalf, a 'crack team of experts' in investigation and battle.' That sort of idea. I don't have to tell you how difficult this is likely to be, if your friend is half as fanatical as he sounds..."

22. - Top - End - #772

Drahlo silently refuses the offered seat, but when tea is brought, he accepts a cup, sniffing and eying it silently, before finally taking a sip. He wrinkles his nose in distaste as he swallows it. Guha makes a small noise, and the orc offers his pet a sip as well. Apparently she likes it; as he places it back on the stand he got it from, the mouse runs down his arm and begins lapping at the liquid in its cup, leaning on it in a way that threatens to tip it over.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

Harold, Flare, Len

"I'm not asking you to go necessarily expecting a fight, and I'm not asking you to blindly follow what he says. But, rather, to go, assess the situation, and maybe help him if things somehow go horribly wrong. I personally doubt what he says is true - the King and Parliament both hardly tolerate what Mr. Theobald is proposing." He sighs. "But, if you can help get proof, then I'll need you to do so."
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-02-28 at 01:03 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold nods slowly.
    "Anything else you can tell me about this man?"

25. - Top - End - #775
    Orc in the Playground

PirateGuy

Lucian Salvatore

Lucian's smile remains as he listens to Titus' hopeful speech. No, not hopeful--deluded.

Yes, yes, Titus. I'm sure your old friend wouldn't leave us unsupported. He'll find a way to help us. He promised to help you in exchange for your help, and he is a man of his word, after all--isn't he?

Lucian waits for a reply, silently sipping his tea.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gather information (1d20+8)[27] If this is an unlikely use of this skill, ignore the check.
    Last edited by Zed's Dead; 2008-02-28 at 01:31 PM.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Claudius gives Harold a nod. "He's a man of action, not one of words. He's become so disillusioned with politics and our judiciary system that he wastes little time going through any normal procedures, or waiting for head officials to fully investigate problems we have; not that he's actually an Inquisitor, or anything, but moreso a layperson of a would-be order dedicated to similar ideals. Parliament doesn't normally let men like him do this sort of thing often; vigilantes are only tolerated if they're hunting roadside bandits and sea raiders - in the case of Magistrates, not so much. However, he's a "priviledged" citizen, granted the right to do investigations and even act as a minor authority, under very rare circumstances. Sort of a perk, you see, for being loosely tied to the royal bloodline, and for having gained some renown for sniffing out less-than-reputable practices among politicians in the past. But, of course, past successes do not mean he's right all the time - I advise you pay close attention to the facts and not let him make any decisions for you." He pauses. "Perhaps, then, you'd like to meet him now?"

27. - Top - End - #777

Shimar

The barbarian takes the team and drinks it slowly while waiting. He seems to be frustrated by the elf's behaviour, but he remains quiet for now. He sits down, and pets his dog's head.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold nods slowly, the gears turning in his head.
    "Hmm. I think I understand. I can't speak for the others, of course, but I'm willing to undertake this for you. It's just the one man, yes?"

29. - Top - End - #779
    Dwarf in the Playground

Len sneaks a glance over her shoulder down the stairwell; she sees several pairs of feet and even a dog, which peers alertly back up at her.

"Nope." she answers Harold. "But I can definitely live with double pay. "

She shakes Claudius' hand. "Also, I have some business with the late Dr. Ziye's son...you know which one I mean. Its very important that I reach him, but his family seemed little evasive about his whereabouts. If it isn't asking too much, perhaps I could draw on your deeper perspective in the elven community...?*"

Spoiler
    Show
    *I assume he's well known enough, anyway. Lame post, I know. I can't cover all the bases for a whole week because deepblue works in mysterious ways, so I figured I'd leave it open ended.

So here's my if statements for the week...

1. If Len is still at 7 HP, please have her pitch the request for a day off or try to score a Heal spell from Fargritron.

2. If we get in touch with Wyatt (probably should, to drop off some of this money before we tragically lose it), I'd like Len to ask for any two handed weapon that he can get/she can use, so I can make something out of my Power Attack. Exotics are out, and d8 or better damage would be ideal, thanks.

3. If we have time, Len will probably try to borrow Harry or any of the new guys with decent CHA to help pawn all this armor and weapons we looted. Call it a corporate teambuilding exercise except even more talking.

4. If it would be okay to spend no more than 35 gp on supplies, Len's gonna need some tools and stuff to restore the spyglass into good condition. I don't know how well crafting usually pays off in these games, but I imagine it will at least pay for itself(?)

5. If the spyglass becomes a moot point for any reason besides "Hands off the money, broad!", please have Len get to work on a Heavy Flail. Spike chain comes later.

6. If I miss so much that Len has leveled up during that period(!), then have her take Combat expertise or Combat reflexes (whichever you like better) for her fighter bonus feat, max out craft(weapons), and put the rest in tumble, perform, and bluff, in that order.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-02-29 at 01:15 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780

Flare

Flare nods and rises up. Considering everything, your offer seems agreeable enough to me.