New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

Shimar

The barbarian continues whirling his weapon wildly.

I can't see the map, but I guess I can take another 5feet step to get the guy within reach.

AC:14 HP:21/33

Attack - (1d20+6)[25]
    Damage - (1d10+9)[10]
    Troubles in Athkatla, an FR game about schemings around an ancient curse
    The messengers, a game about finding allies in times of need

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ogre in the Playground

Drahlo bites deep into the bodyguard's shoulder, and the blood begins to flow. He roars in anger, trying to shake the druid off - distracted from Shimar's attack, which lands solidly in his gut. The bodyguard falls lifelessly to the ground; soon to pass on, if not dead already.

Meanwhile, Len keeps the magistrate at bay. Despite her overwhelming fatigue, she manages to scrape the very tip of her weapon along the sleeve of the magistrate's robes, giving a nasty scratch. He yells out in pain as it strikes him, but he manages to keep himself strong. He then begins to cast a spell, his very body seeming to fade from sight as he chants. Len quickly tries to slash him as he begins to disappear - and her weapon strikes the magistrate true once again. Her glaive has cleaved into his chest, and he now lays at her feet in a puddle of his own blood. There is an expression of terrible pain on his face as he fades into unconsciousness.

Spoiler
    Show
    Good job, gang.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Dwarf in the Playground

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show

My profile site crashed and threw out Len's skill data, so I'm going from memory that Len had, like, two ranks in Heal.

Len discards the glaive tiredly, but she's not done yet.

Heal checks (in order of execution):
    Titus (1d20+2)[20]
    Harold (1d20+2)[13]
    Rock (1d20+2)[10]
    Thaddeus (the goal was to put him on trial, see) (1d20+2)[9]

A while later, she is kneeling over a patient, blood up to her elbows as she tries to put all the pieces back together when something occurs to her. Besides the risk of hepatitis.

"Hey Drahlo, got any spells left?" she huffs.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-08 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar0k
    Probability has betrayed me, I thought we had a thing.

President, Founder, and Chairman of the Ya-Ta-Hey! Self-Promotion Club

4. - Top - End - #1324

Drahlo shifts out of wolf form quickly, saying in responce to Len, "Only the most basic healing chant. Come the morn, I will prepare more healing spells for us all."

While Len is binding Harold's wounds, the orc moves to Thaddeus's side and hefts his spear at the inert man, the tip poised to plunge directly in the man's chest. "Tell me why I should not cleanse the land with its tormentor's blood right now," he growls angrily. If anyone in the group had though he'd show an angry expression before, they were sadly mistaken; his eyes glow red, and his lips are pulled back in a feral snarl. If he didn't have a better implement for the job in his hands, he looks like he may try to rip the man apart with his teeth (which actually isn't out of the question yet!).

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Proven_Paradox View Post
    While Len is binding Harold's wounds, the orc moves to Thaddeus's side and hefts his spear at the inert man, the tip poised to plunge directly in the man's chest. "Tell me why I should not cleanse the land with its tormentor's blood right now," he growls angrily.
    OOC: Because its worth a milkbone if he doesn't?

IC: "If you're a judge and jury, then do what you gotta do." Len says plainly, not looking up.

"I was hoping you'd help that bodyguard, because I'm not gonna get to him in time and he didn't really do anything except follow orders. Please.."

Spoiler
    Show
    GUILT TRIP ATTACK. Len is from Guilder too, and kinda has a brother-in-arms thing about fellow citizens from there. In case you were wondering whats with the sudden bleeding-heart routine.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-09 at 01:13 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1326

Shimar

Still boiling in battle fury, the barbarian finds it hard to stop.

Following the orders willingly from a madman who consorts with demons?! We should take their heads before they turn into demons or walking dead themselves!

He leans towards a wall, breathing heavily as his rage settles down.

Ending rage means 17/29 HP.

Sorry about the lack of posting lately. I usually try to post once a day, but if it's server downtime, I'm in trouble.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by amanodel View Post
    Shimar

We should take their heads before they turn into demons or walking dead themselves!
    Len pauses, eyes darting between the injured and dying.

"...they can do that?" When a bruised Harold begins to move under her hands, she jumps back and fumbles for her glaive.

"Harold? Harold! Say something circumspect and grandiose so I know you're not undead!"
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-09 at 12:16 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Troll in the Playground

harold Betruger
    From the floor comes the groggy reply
    "Until my head stops pounding, I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request. And stop shouting, please."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Eh...see, Shimar? Nothing to worry about." Len says sheepishly, helping Harold climb to his feet. Drearily, she continues medicine detail, taking especial care to disarm the enemies after treatment.

Spoiler
    Show

After heal checks...

Search: wounded/bodies. (1d20+3)[19]

Exhausted, bloody, and disheartened from the ****show of carnage, a haggard Len slides down to the floor and leans against the wall beside Titus, closing her eyes with a sigh. Upon glancing down at the festering bite wound on the knights face, however, she scoots away.

Just in case.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-09 at 12:44 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330

Drahlo pauses for a moment after Harold wakes up, expecting him to give some sort of argument on the point. When he does not, the orc puts the tip of his spear directly above the magistrates heart--allowing Len to bind his wounds, but not moving away.

"Tell me. What happens to the souls he has enslaved when he dies? The most important thing now is to return them to the earth."

Should he start moving again, he will smack the man's head with the butt of his spear.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold surveys the scene. "So. Looks like you took them both down. That's good, and frankly I'm impressed. The Magistrate mentioned sons of his who, form the sounds of things, are even more enthusiastic about this whole "living dead" thing than he is. So here's the question...What have we got on this man that will hold up in court? Anything? Anyone?"

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

As Len glances over Titus in treating his wounds, she finds his shield fairly damage and blackened, as well as a large point where the magistrate's spell penetrated his thick armor. Despite it being difficult to bandage him properly while he wears his armor, Len manages to find a way to treat him effectively enough to hang on.

However, when it comes to both the magistrate and his bodyguard, she finds she cannot stop the bleeding.

A foot away from the magistrate is his strange, curved dagger - he still grasps his wand loosely.

The bodyguard lays beside his dagger. Len also manages to spot a funny-looking ring on his left hand.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2008-09-09 at 01:36 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Dwarf in the Playground

@^: Well, Len loads up that loot sack before Titus wakes up and notices. Also, on the return trip:

Spot: goodies of opportunity (1d20)[14]
    Sleight of Hand: if Titus is watching at that time (1d20+3)[7] (subtract 3 if she's still exhausted at the time)

Quote Originally Posted by The Great Skenardo View Post
    So here's the question...What have we got on this man that will hold up in court? Anything? Anyone?"[/COLOR]
    "Titus' good name?" Len quips dryly. "Using slave labor, maybe?"
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-09 at 01:48 PM.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

Harold Betruger
    Harold winces.
    "Doubt it. I know you were there when Claudius asked us to lend a hand for this one... We'll need to search the manor more carefully. When Titus arises again...perhaps he'd be willing to ensure the two "knaves" here don't escape."
    Harold reaches down and plucks the wand from the Magistrate's hands.
    "There."

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not to mention that Flare and Lucian are still running around somewhere." Len adds, levering herself to her feet and retriving her cloak.

"You know, D, your guess is as good as mine. I guess we'll find out when we leave."

She opens her rucksack and slowly unfurls a discreet bundle of chain and wood--her newly minted flail--and dumps it aside, "losing" the sack in her cloak. That, along with the glaive and sword, will be what will accompany her.

She sits back down, waiting for Titus to awaken.
    Last edited by Ya Ta Hey!; 2008-09-09 at 02:12 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Len then considers that it may be hours before he reawakes - his wound was pretty bad, after all.

17. - Top - End - #1337

Seeing Len unable to stop the bleeding on the magistrate and the bodyguard, Drahlo kneels down and whispers a short chant. "May the land forgive me for using it's blessings to save its desicrator... But if the undead he created are not undone by his death, I think we will need his help to unmake them them. In that way, perhaps he can redeem himself." He casts Cure Minor Wounds on the man--and if he begins to move, whacks him with the butt of his spear.

He then moves to Titus. "With any luck, I can wake him..." He then begin droningly, repetitively chanting, occasionally laying a glowing hand on the knight. (Casting Cure Minor Wounds four times on Titus--after that, Drahlo's spells are completely spent.) All the while, he keeps an eye on the necromancer--at the first hint of movement, he orc will stop and knock him out.

He makes no movement to help the gardener.
    Last edited by Proven_Paradox; 2008-09-09 at 03:06 PM.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ogre in the Playground

With Drahlo's magic, the wounds of both the magistrate and Titus begin to heal. However, neither regains consciousness.

By this time, the bodyguard has certainly died from his wounds.

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Len sighs impatiently at the wait. Tired of imagining what horrible things are befalling her absent friends, she stand back up after an embarassingly short time, about to simply go to the door when she glances down at the magistrate; grimace still carved into his facee, he's just waiting to awaken and shart shooting death left and right. She frowns.

Use Rope (I know I had ranks in this, but I'll be danged if I remember what they were): Take 20 = 23 (unless 10 is the limit.)

She ties and gags that **** up.

"Shall we?" she gestures to the door as she passes Harold.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Shimar

I could chop his hads down, just to be safe, you know... - Shimar wonders, but he's not pushing his idea, seeing that Len isn't seem to be a fan of dismembering the magician.

21. - Top - End - #1341

Drahlo shakes his head as Len walks to the door. "I am out of healing for the day. If we venture outside and find foes, any injury will stay. I say we wait here, long enough for the knight to awaken, and maybe long enough to let me prepare more spells." He nods to the door Len is stands before. "One door to defend. One lift outside that is small and loud. This is as easy a place to defend as any."

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

Not a moment after Drahlo finishes his sentence, the screeching heard ealier starts again, coming from the distant lift.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Change of plans." Len shrugs to Harold as she stoops down and borrows Titus' shield ("Thanks").

24. - Top - End - #1344

Drahlo growls, again shifting into wolf form. He quickly runs to the side of the door, standing on the side of the door so that when it is opened, it would be between him and whoever is on the other side.

25. - Top - End - #1345

Shimar

We have a hostage, nay? If it's intelligant, we can use the magician to get pass by. - Shimar reasons, but he's not so sure about it, since creepy schreechings in nasty dungeons usually don't belong to well-behaving creatures. So instead, he grabs his glaive again, trying to recover from his winded state.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

The screeching grows distant and then halts. For a brief moment it stops, and then begins again.

Len notes that while Titus' shield is damaged, it should provide a good amount of defense ((As a heavy steel shield, it provides +2 to ac. Keep in mind, it might be easily sundered until it gets repaired)).

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Hm. Sounds like they know their way around this place." Len muses, deciding that they'll have poor luck hiding in a room this (presumably important).

She plants herself in the knob-side of the doorway, shield braced to block entry and leaving space for Shimar and Drahlo to help clog the entrance. It is a classic Three Stooges manuever.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

A dark and hooded figure opens the door very slightly, and creeps in slowly. He does not notice any of you just yet.

29. - Top - End - #1349

Still winded, Shimar doesn't move quickly, and he's not sure about attacking the man. He positions himselfs at the other side of the door.

30. - Top - End - #1350

Drahlo isn't so heasitant as the barbarian, and leaps out from the doorway snarling and leaping upon the newcomer teeth first.