Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 210 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare inclines his head. "Very well then, sir. I go to be condemned." He steps off the carriage lightly, staring off into space and smiling like a surreal fool.
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  2. - Top - End - #182
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Fargrim raises an eyebrow at Flare.

    "Err, anyway, once I have that license I can get my weapons back, but feel free to give me any finely-crafted thing you can get your hands on."

    He pauses, lips pursed, and then looks up to the rest of the group. "I, uh, I know we're on time constraints, but can we meet up for that job tomorrow? Back at that tavern, I was... I need to go check on something. Trust me, I know what happens if I don't come back."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

  3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Watching Flare march away makes Len shake her head, even if she can fathom his rationale. In a way, that kind of absolution is a rare gift; too bad it will probably to lead him to his death.

    Maybe it makes her cowardly, but Len would rather bend than break. She smiles compliantly at Mr. Tieger. "Retrieving my old halberd would be best, but I'll take any heavy polearm you've got; I've used them all. Ooh, and a good city map, please."

    He nods grimly, waving her off.

    "Thanks for the fighting chance." She jumps out and immediately strolls toward the others. She throws an arm over both men's shoulders, turning to Fargirm first when he stumblingly dismisses himself.

    "We'll be waiting." She says, giving him a long warning stare. She hates coercion, but doing this will be hard enough with one of the party deciding to be a conscientious objector without anyone else jumping ship. Then she turns to the bard.

    "Sheesh. You've already got something planned, don't you? Look, I hope you don't mind if I pick your brain for a while, but I'm not even from this country."

    She rolls her eyes. This is the kind of thing prostitutes back home would say during a pick-up.
    Last edited by Too_many_tamale; 2007-07-24 at 01:11 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #184
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Ritan Drenathy

    "I need to talk to Mr. Tieger alone for a moment," says Ritan. He stares at Harold, being the only one still in the carriage, until he decides to leave. "Ok, enough...." can be heard from Ritan as he swings the carriage door shut.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Eventually, the carriage door opens again, and Tieger steps out. "Now, where was I..." He ponders for a moment, and then looks to Harold. "Ah, Yes, I will make effort to procure what you ask, and have Wyatt give it to you in the morning. Letters of introduction are fine, Mr. Betruger..." He then turns to Len. "...But I'm afraid your Halberd is off-limits. It's still being held as evidence, as you aren't quite cleared. Technically, it is to be brought before court, at a trial now delayed...if indefinitely, it's still to be kept." Glancing between her and Fargrim, he continues, "I'll do my best to ensure you have suitable equipment." He glances to Flare, and then back to the rest of the group. "I do suggest you make an effort to persuade him - you'll need all the help you get."
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-07-24 at 06:18 PM.

  6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold
    Harold nods happily and seems about to reply when Len clamps her arm around his shoulder and begins walking him towards the Inn. He looks startled at first, but then relaxes, seeing that her other hand doesn't hold a knife.
    "Ideas...No, more like possibilities. Erm. Pick my brain, eh? Is there something in particular you wanted to ask?"
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Fargrim rolls his eyes at Len's wordless threat. "Like that look would mean anything if I was really going to skip town." Fargrim turns to leave, but upon hearing Mr. Tieger's second round of bad news, he turns his head and mentions, "I don't want nothin' fancy like a halberd. If I can't have my stuff, I want replacements. Morningstar, longspear, finely crafted." Off he goes.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Other than weapons, did the courts confiscate anything else?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

  8. - Top - End - #188
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I was wondering that too. I think the only ones who lost anything besides weapons were Ritan and Len (because of Harold still having his mandolin to play, and some vague recollection of DB saying so. Then again, I skimmed that part)

    So, all this ditching and arguing and even a motion to teamkill already...is this normal?


    She sees Fargrim scoff nastily as he slides free of her arm and leaves. Len has such a way with people!

    Len has long since come to understand that her schtick, fighting, is actually pretty narrow in its uses. In the civilized side of the world, its the best talkers and thinkers who usually win, and its poor Harold's savvy aura that Len needs so desperately to do this.

    Hopeless as it seems, drawing on ace's unique skills as a mage would also be invaluable. She sends a pleading glance over her shoulder at Flare.

    Diplomacy
    (1d20+2)[3]

    She returns her attention to Harold. "Fingers crossed. Anyway, lets go inside; I want to know everything you can tell me about this city so I can..."

    Len glances skyward in thought.

    "You know what, scratch that. What can you say about your plan of attack-- so to speak-- so far? Go ahead, lay it on me."

  9. - Top - End - #189
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare inclines his head and steps over to Len. "Don't worry. My statement was perhaps misleading, but I have no intention of abandoning any of you. After all, it's partly my fault that we're in this situation in the first place. I just needed Mr. Tieger to understand that I'm not necessarily on his side. An unasked for rescue is worth at least that."

    Flare slings his arm around Len's shoulder in a gesture similar to the one that she had used on Fargrim. "Well then, I don't think I ever got your name. Are we ready to be bad guys?"
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    ((Len and Ritan have the clothes on their back, the other three members have everything they had at the end of the night, minus weapons. It seems Fargrim's note went unnoticed. I need Fargrim to make a listen check, and I need to know if Ritan wants more to say IC before continuing.))

  11. - Top - End - #191
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    "Ready? To be the bad guys? You do not simply begin being a bad guy," adds Ritan. "You either are, or you are not." The emphasis makes the statement fact. Ritan smiles to lighten the mood, bowing and waving his arm towards the door of the inn.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    Harold laughs quietly to himself.
    "Well, you certainly gratify me with your confidence, Lady Len. For now, I'd like to see what Tieger's man Wyatt has to offer us. If I can get those letters as I wanted -and they're any good, of course- then the possibilities are endless. I think we can take today, at least, to find our feet and get our bearings. While I must say I prefer your assorted company in the knowledge that you don't have any weapons on you, I recognize that you and Fargrim, at least, will be needing pointy pieces of metal to poke people with."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  13. - Top - End - #193
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Eventually, they break formation to enter through the door.

    Spoiler
    Show
    I assume. If you really wanted to use the chimney and I spoke for you, feel free to scream.


    "Lady Len." she echoes, pretending to be enchanted. "How's that for a name, ace?"

    Len has to work to keep from sighing miserably at the typical bar-noise upon entering. Last night at the Dragon's Kneecap was just the latest in a long history of bad fortunes she has found in these places.

    Letting Flare and Ritan chat, she motions toward some well-lit seats by the wall, in order to limit the number of sharp ears nearby without being 'those strangers in the corner'.

    "You know..." she looks at Harold as they sit down. "...between you and me? I'm really hoping we can earn most of this gold honestly."

    Then again, mercenaries make their living honestly. Technically speaking.

    "Seriously, If I wake up one morning and find out that we have to plunder a twenty-gun merchantmen before breakfast, fight a war until lunch, and then ransom the king in time for afternoon tea, I'm going to take my chances with the Guild hitmen.

    There's got to be a way. How did those snobs on Noble's Lane get their fortunes?
    "

    Spoiler
    Show
    Knowledge me , bard.
    Last edited by Too_many_tamale; 2007-07-25 at 01:30 PM.

  14. - Top - End - #194
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    Taking his seat as well, Harold nods in agreement.
    "Yes, I'm with you on that one. Honest work generally involves fewer surly men with axes. The problem is, when you're earning five thousand gold in two weeks, you want it to be safe, honest, and easy, and all the ideas I have at the moment could only get us one of the three." Harold leans in a little closer, his hazel eyes showing traces of amusement. "It'd be nice to take it from someone who won't miss it, or won't be in any position to find out it was us. The thing about nobles is that most of them have their money because of political connections or because their ancestors were big murdering bastards. There's a reason it's called 'old money'."
    He sits back again in his chair and plucks at the white sleeve of his shirt as he thinks, trying to think of anyone who deserved to have less money.
    Knowledge: Local - (1d20+5)[16]
    Knowledge: Nobility - (1d20+4)[19]
    Last edited by The Great Skenardo; 2007-07-25 at 01:50 PM.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  15. - Top - End - #195
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    "Psh, it figures. I knew this country sounded too good to be true." Len grumbles cynically. "If we can't do this legitimately, let's at least limit the bloodshed; chopping people and breaking things is what got us into this mess."

    Harold is still thinking. Len shuts up upon receiving an annoyed wave in response...

    ...for a moment: "If you're thinking what I suspect, then just as important as the big-shots themselves is who manages their finances. We need a lord who's extravagant or involved in a risky business, and most of all, absolutely despicable to his staff; abusive and prone to indulging in vices."

    Although Len's voice stays low, this strikes her as more and more promising. If rich people are the same everywhere, especially the kind who didn't earn it by their wits, then there's bound to be a mousehole in one of those swelling coffers where five thousand could slip through.

    Its certainly better than becoming a cleaner or some form of hired muscle, fighting over the table scraps from bigger men and rarely allowed to quit their trade without a coffin. While Harold thinks, Len looks at Ritan.

    "What do you think, knives? Are you into this?"
    Last edited by Too_many_tamale; 2007-07-25 at 04:48 PM.

  16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    "I take it no one has more to ask of me? Then, I will be on my way. Good luck..." Tieger enters the carriage, and calls to the driver to get moving.

    ((Right now, discuss what you like - I'll can fastforward to the next day once you're done, if nobody wants to do anything afterwards))

  17. - Top - End - #197
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Listen check for the previous moment: (1d20+4)[21]
    How later-in-the-day is this discussion happening? I'll assume it's at least a couple of hours after Fargrim left.

    After his compatriots have settled down in the tavern, Fargrim rushes in with a typically conspicuous thud thud thud. He quickly looks around to find Flare and Ritan talking in one booth and Len and Harold talking in another. He approaches Len and Harold.

    "See?" Fargrim gets out with a bit of effort, panting. "I'm early. I bet you owe Mr. Betruger a wager, miss, uh... Well, anyway, let me pay it for you." That oughta burn her a bit. Reaching for some coin, Fargrim smugly asks, "So how much did you wage--" He feels an odd bit of metal near his coin pouch. "What the..." They planted something on me! Destroy it! Destroy it! Fargrim quickly rips the metal object out of his pocket and discovers a medallion. Fargrim holds the medallion in front of him and examines the etchings. "Well that's... I'm gonna ask Flare what this thing does."
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-25 at 07:19 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

  18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Deepblue706's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim heard the chinking of some chain wherever he decided to go, today. Looks like you decided to find it, anyway...

  19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    The minstrel seems little interested in the contents of Fargrim's pockets.
    He crosses his arms across his chest and rubs his nose, thoughtfully.
    "Well...this is mostly a trade town, you understand. Ships go in and ships go out. The nice thing is that some of the major deals in the city are in some rather rare and exotic goods, which means high profit margins for the merchants. There are rich people enough, some charitable, some misers. The rich, however, have money enough to ensure that their money is closely-guarded. The plain fact of it is, unless Wyatt has some better ideas, we'll have to look into getting the money...unethically. Reparations could be made later, if we feel so obliged."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  20. - Top - End - #200
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Spoiler
    Show
    Ha! That couldn't have been better timing, Byelindgren


    Len nods as Harold explains, slowly tilting inward on her elbows as she listens intently. Ignoring Fargrim's crowing, she grins when Harold finishes.

    "Exac--" With a violent double take, she goes suddenly pale when she recognizes her salvation in Fargrim's hand, the elven medallion. Dangling under the eyes of four very money-desperate people, the ornate elven jewelry glints enticingly in the firelight.

    Len swallows hard, and then forces a pretty smile, chuckling awkwardly.

    "Hey, uh...heh heh...listen, I was wrong about you, you know? I get a little worried sometimes and I'm not all that trusting and...just, keep that necklace to yourself and have a seat."

    She scoots over and pats the cushions beside her, earnestly dreading the lengths she'll have to take this charade to get it back.

    "C'mon, we need you in on this discussion, you hunk." ...of ****. Why did it have to be you?.

    She turns just a little too casually back to Harold, barely able to keep from glancing over. "A-anyway, bard...there's different shades of black you can stain yourself. I'm almost sure you have something in mind, let's hear it."

    Spoiler
    Show
    Our dog rolled in something unholy, and nobody has the heart to make her sleep outside, so long story short, I'm covered in dog-soap and now I smell unholy. See you guys tomorrow

  21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    Harold lifts his eyebrows in an expression of amused puzzlement at Len's loss of composure, followed by her sudden onset of sleaze directed at Fargrim.
    He meets her gaze with a sort of "Well?" expression, but with no explanation forthcoming, Harold shrugs and speaks;
    "Good analogy. Well, I, for one, am not keen to trade one set of deadly enemies for another. I've noticed we have a few amateur disguise-fanciers in our group. That, along with those letters should see us halfway towards earning enough money. All we need to do in that case is show up at the right jewelers or financial bodies, and walk away with a tidy sum of untraceable platinum coins, which we'll dump as soon as possible on the cabal we're indebted to. That's probably the closest I can get to the plan being both easy and safe. It isn't ethical, but there's no blood involved, and the people losing out can probably afford a few platinum here and there. At the worst, whatever poor clerk okays our withdrawal gets brutally beaten to death by his boss's goons."
    He steeples his fingers.
    "But I'd much rather see first what letters Tieger will be providing, and what Wyatt has to say."
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  22. - Top - End - #202
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Len almost laughs except for the necklace weighing on her mind.

    "A loan? Thats so...hell, I love it. If Wyatt doesn't have anything better, I'm with you on that one." She nods with an enthusiasm that belies her personal concerns . "You should speak up more often."

    She drops her head on folded arms with a groan disguised as a yawn. Len can already see Fargrim in the curiosity shop, shaking hands merrily with the clerk as he tosses away the necklace and hefts an absurdly large sack of coins labelled "$".

    She sits and stares for several minutes, perfectly comfortable with the brooding silence. Elsewhere, the fire blazes, people laugh and banter resoundingly, waitresses come and go, and her unintended companions discuss the details of the plan.
    Last edited by Too_many_tamale; 2007-07-26 at 12:40 AM.

  23. - Top - End - #203
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Flare glances over at Ritan but doesn't seat himself beside him, instead he joins Len and her company at their table.

    "I really hope we don't have to bring innocents into this. I think we should strike those who wronged us in the first place, either these thieves, or the cities government. I can do so with a clean conscience and they're sure to be lucrative targets."
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

  24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Fargrim looks oddly at Len while Harold describes his plan.

    That look... And keep it to myself? Hunk? She must recognize this thing for whatever it's worth. Fargrim smiles and gives Len a wink that would nauseate a Succubus, and puts the medallion in his back pocket.

    "Wait, wait, back up a second. What sort of disguise makes rich jewelers loan us 500 platinum on the spot?"
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-26 at 12:29 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

  25. - Top - End - #205
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Quote Originally Posted by ByeLindgren View Post
    "Wait, wait, back up a second. What sort of disguise makes rich jewelers loan us 500 platinum on the spot?"
    "Its not the get-up alone thats going to sell it." puffs Len through her arms after recovering from the horror of Fargrim's 'signal'.

    "Its going to take the smoothest talker among us, armed with the reference letters Tieger is going to procure and who looks like a respectable merchant. It doesn't even have to be the entire amount or a single lender, either.

    In the end, we still owe money, but we can pay it back on more reasonable terms.
    " She looks up at Flare. "Say what you want, I'm behind this idea."

    She stands up and relinguishes her seat so that Fargrim and Flare can discuss it further with Harold. She ambles over to Ritan's booth and sits down with the resident specialist in this field. "A copper for your thoughts?"

  26. - Top - End - #206
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    Flumph

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Hmm, I sent a shiver down her spine... At least now I'm sure about what that 'hunk' talk was all about. As Len gets up, Fargrim casually remarks, "I'll talk to you later," this time sparing her the wink.

    He turns back to Harold and Flare.

    "Anyway, I'm guessing that Len meant you were the disguised smooth-talker. One problem: The Holy Father blesses me with the ability to disguise myself. Maybe you have some mundane ways to pull the same trick, though."

    He leans in close so only Flare and Harold can hear.

    "By the way, not to alert anyone who might get a bit jumpy about it, but I think we're being followed."
    Last edited by ByeLindgren; 2007-07-26 at 01:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fargrim Waterwalker of Deepblue's Vagabond
    Charles Hillbell of the Plane of Madness
    Jaska Kuoppala of The Last Light
    Kenneth of Oghma of A Fatal Mistake
    Martin Norland of Lich Ruler
    Robert the Mad in the Valley of Death
    Philotheos hopefully in Struggles of the Gods
    Too many, you say?

  27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground
     
    The Great Skenardo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    B5 and B6

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Harold Betruger
    Harold rubs his eyes and then rests his chin on his hands, glumly. He scratches his shoulder blade beneath his shirt.
    "Doesn't surprise me. In fact, I'd be shocked if at least two groups of people weren't trying to keep tabs on us. Truth be told, there's isn't much we can do or the moment. The disguise you mentioned will probably be necessary, yes. I can pass myself off as myself at a couple of places, but more than that, and I'll at least need to be someone else. Magical disguise will probably be a bad thing; most major financial institutions will have some sort of safeguard against that, I think.
    Either Wyatt has some ideas for us, or we'll need those letters. Best thing I can do right now, I think, is get some supper and some sleep. Tomorrow can sort itself out."
    So saying, Harold rises from his seat and paces to where Len and Ritan sit. He offers a casual salute, rapping his knuckle on the table as he goes, and then proceeds to the bar to order some supper. As he walks, he tucks his mandolin carefully behind himself.
    If there's nothing out there, then what was that noise?

  28. - Top - End - #208
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    Imp

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Ritan looks up from his thoughts as Len sits down across from him. "My thoughts? I think we've got a rough couple of weeks ahead of us. I have to work out where we can go without causing trouble, but still have the opportunities to make such a large amount of money. Tieger practically gave me a list of places I should avoid showing my face. I'm trying to think of somewhere I can go tonight to get some information. The places I want to go, I shouldn't. Risk vs reward." Relying on Tieger to tell me everything is practically a death sentence.

    Ritan excuses himself, walks to the front of the inn and orders a drink and a meal. He slides back into the booth and folds his hands on the table. "What about you? Any ideas on how we can raise that much money so quickly? It'd be a feat for most people to raise that amount with longterm planning."
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.

  29. - Top - End - #209
    Halfling in the Playground
    Join Date
    Jun 2007

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    Len smiles. Apparently they kept their voices down pretty well.

    "That's what I wanted to talk about; the bard suggested we just borrow the five thousand again, this time from a bank. I'm sure they'll be much nicer about collections than your Guild.

    "Object all you want, but I think we're in enough trouble that a clean and simple solution like that is just what we need. The alternatives we've heard so far...
    " she sighs. "...they'll get messy."

    "I wanna know who just is this Wyatt, anyway? How much can we trust his reccomendations?" Len sniffs. "And how much for a bowl of that soup?"
    Last edited by Too_many_tamale; 2007-07-26 at 05:20 PM.

  30. - Top - End - #210
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    EvilRoeSlade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: DeepBlue's Vagabond - Act 1

    "Well," says Flare, doing a remarkable job of conveying an expression of thought with no posture and only the bottom of his face visible. "If this town is as infiltrated with criminal guilds as we've seen so far, anyone we lend money to might potentially hire them to harass us if we borrow a debt we can't repay. So it's possible that we won't end up in any better of a situation than we are now. I have an alternate proposal. We can all hire on to a sailing ship and leave for a different country. I don't particularly care for the one I've found myself in, and I have a lot of experience on such vessels. Each of you seems like the type to contribute to that environment as well, and if you don't mind hard work, and if we stick together, I'm sure we can tough out anything these people might send after us."
    Avatar by Dirtytabs - Much gratitude

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •