New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Unsounded II: Two Wrights Can Mend A Wrong

New comic.

In which Murkoph and titty bird talk. And many things are revealed.
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-09-22 at 11:53 PM.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

And more questions are left in their place.

Spoiler
    Show
    I once had an idea that Murkoph may be an earlier attempt to create someone like Duane. The new pages suggest that might be true. But he was probably never human.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So she entered the Khert to look for Murkoph?

I wonder if this is what panel 1 here actually means. http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsound...0/ch10_72.html

I also wonder if she is the only senet beast down there, if she really is one as Duane said. They have nothing to fear from the Khert.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess we also know why infants she tries to nurse tend to die

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    And more questions are left in their place.

Spoiler
    Show
    I once had an idea that Murkoph may be an earlier attempt to create someone like Duane. The new pages suggest that might be true. But he was probably never human.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titty-bird says Duane is a cruder construction than Murkoph. The way she talks about Murkoph's past also implies that Murkoph was once a much greater being then Duane. Clearly something was done to make a mockery of Murkoph, just as Duane was experimented on, but I'm not sure what there is to suggest that the motives, means, or ends were similar.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The last couple of panels reminded me that there are folk tales about Lady Ilganyag trying to suckle infants and accidentally smothering them. Apparently, it might have actually been even worse for the infants.

(I think I remember the folk tales from the comic itself, but I'm not certain that's the source.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Titty-bird says Duane is a cruder construction than Murkoph. The way she talks about Murkoph's past also implies that Murkoph was once a much greater being then Duane. Clearly something was done to make a mockery of Murkoph, just as Duane was experimented on, but I'm not sure what there is to suggest that the motives, means, or ends were similar.
    I think one possible interpretation is that she was implying the Ssael wasn't a god. "Again and again [men] see gods in themselves and capture them on paper." In that case, Murkoph could be Ssael after he was turned evil, but Ssael may have just been a delusional person and maybe even a delusional galit. Some reasons for thinking Ssael / Murkoph could be a galit is that Lady Lady Ilganyag compared how crude Murkoph was compared to Duane (as you mentioned) and it would explain how Ssael could have been able to write about being in the khert and people outside the khert would have access to his writings. And just imagine Duane learning about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinyadan View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So she entered the Khert to look for Murkoph?

I wonder if this is what panel 1 here actually means. http://www.casualvillain.com/Unsound...0/ch10_72.html

I also wonder if she is the only senet beast down there, if she really is one as Duane said. They have nothing to fear from the Khert.
    I think "abandoned here" means that she was already there. My guess is that she was in love with Ssael and thinks that Ssael was turned into Murkoph (made evil and weaker), which left her abandoned without her lover.

I thought the weird creatures were senet beasts.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2016-09-28 at 10:21 AM.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    New comic.

In which Murkoph and titty bird talk. And many things are revealed.
    I'm still confused a month later. But I really hope she doesn't lay an egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie Welf View Post
    I'm still confused a month later. But I really hope she doesn't lay an egg.
    It's obvious Murkoph is the love titty bird talked about. He was changed somehow into what he is now. It's possible he is a Senet beast, that was transformed into a man-like creature

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Shameless bump.

First part of Duane's journey from Durulyne to Sharteshane is on Patreon. Enjoy.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-01-07 at 06:40 AM.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

Gentle reminder that this returns on Monday. It's been a hard wait

Sig by Mornings
    My Art!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chromascope3D View Post
    Gentle reminder that this returns on Monday. It's been a hard wait
    Waiting for Unsounded is never hard. I have other comics to fill up the slots. It's a bittersweet pain.

This chapter is all about Blacktongues and tittybirds.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-01-06 at 02:21 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

That's what I call a dynamic entry.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

We're jumping straight into the middle of a pitched fight. And we get to see the top of the line constructs put to their proper use, instead of demolishing a town to hide someone's dirty laundry.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

For those wondering, the Ssaelit attackers are saying: "Is this tin construct, full of sluts*?".

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
    Uflikh are a Valynian pear-shaped fruit popularly stewed and canned. Their silhouette is rather feminine, and so it’s become a naughty word for loose ladies

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

In which much fight happens.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

The halberd-wielding Aldishman is wearing lion insignia, so he's probably Ssaelit. This might or might not be relevant, since I think the Aldish army is one of the areas where the Gefendur and Ssaelit actually cooperate.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Are we hearing things from his perspective or did he sprak Crescian with pilots?
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-01-13 at 06:51 AM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Are we hearing things from his perspective or did he sprak Crescian with pilots?
    His speech bubble is shaped differently; that and considering the context probably means he speaks in aldish/from his perspective.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by De von Of View Post
    His speech bubble is shaped differently; that and considering the context probably means he speaks in aldish/from his perspective.
    Usually wavy bubbles means someone's voice is fading, like they are hurt or dying.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

The halberd-wielding Aldishman is wearing lion insignia, so he's probably Ssaelit. This might or might not be relevant, since I think the Aldish army is one of the areas where the Gefendur and Ssaelit actually cooperate.
    My impression is that the lion symbol was a pretty generic symbol of authority. The Crecians seemed to use them, too. The Gefendurs even used lions to kill Ssael, so if anything, I wouldn't think a Ssaelit would want to imitate one.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by eschmenk View Post
    My impression is that the lion symbol was a pretty generic symbol of authority. The Crecians seemed to use them, too.
    Looked like a dog to me. They ride dogs so it'd make sense.

The Gefendurs even used lions to kill Ssael, so if anything, I wouldn't think a Ssaelit would want to imitate one.
    Romans used crucifixion to kill Jesus, and this doesn't stop Christians from using crosses as symbols. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley Cope used that as an inspiration for the Ssaelit use of lion symbolism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Looked like a dog to me. They ride dogs so it'd make sense.
    Not really. Using work animals is not going to seem very impressive. In the RW, governments might use lions or eagles as symbols of authority; they wouldn't normally use horses. It is true that Cresce uses a wolf symbol for its military, but that didn't look like a wolf. But I agree the tail on the government symbol looks more like a dog's tail than a lion's tail, so I'm not sure. And the Kingdom of Rohan uses horses on their symbols in LotR.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Romans used crucifixion to kill Jesus, and this doesn't stop Christians from using crosses as symbols. And I wouldn't be surprised if Ashley Cope used that as an inspiration for the Ssaelit use of lion symbolism.
    I'd say the claw marks are a closer analogy to the cross than the lion symbol.
    Last edited by eschmenk; 2017-01-15 at 12:08 PM.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Ssaelit do use lions in their imagery, and the Gefendur hunted the lions down because of that. The Ssaelit half of the Aldish army is called Lions of Mercy.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Ssaelit do use lions in their imagery, and the Gefendur hunted the lions down because of that. The Ssaelit half of the Aldish army is called Lions of Mercy.
    Huh. You're right. In the dialog there, they definitely were associating themselves with lions.
    That seems very odd, though. By attacking as lions, they cast their enemies in the role of Ssael, which seems strange to me. Maybe the idea is the lions were the only things fierce enough to attack Ssael?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

Not really. Using work animals is not going to seem very impressive. In the RW, governments might use lions or eagles as symbols of authority; they wouldn't normally use horses. It is true that Cresce uses a wolf symbol for its military, but that didn't look like a wolf. But I agree the tail on the government symbol looks more like a dog's tail than a lion's tail, so I'm not sure. And the Kingdom of Rohan uses horses on their symbols in LotR.
    Work animals have been used throughout history, identity with dogs, for instance, is not uncommon in pre-catholic irish history/mythology, and I'm fairly certain there's at least a handful of coats of arms with dogs on them (usually the more regal looking ones, like greyhounds)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertier View Post
    A good background is like a skirt. Short enough to keep my interest, but long enough to cover the important bits.
    Quote Originally Posted by FistsFullofDice View Post
    Derailed in the best way, thank you good sir.
    Spoiler: Homebrew Links
    Show

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

In which, a Bastion returns to a scene of battle.
    Last edited by -D-; 2017-01-18 at 06:14 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Elan's body was annihilated by a core leach. Or so I read the scene.
    Seems Bastion has a few regrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Elan's body was core leeched, yes. Either out of spite or to hide the evidence. It didn't work on the pymaric that kept his heart beating, though. Can't core leech First Materials.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Elan's body was core leeched, yes. Either out of spite or to hide the evidence. It didn't work on the pymaric that kept his heart beating, though. Can't core leech First Materials.
    I think it was merely out of spite and contempt. They thought he didn't deserve to exist, probably for resorting to black tongue magic as much as for being a traitor.

I think Hetr is so full of himself and his cause that he doesn't see what he's doing as being at all criminal. The thought of trying to hide it wouldn't make any sense to him. He had merely been doing his patriotic duty, after all, and he has General Bell to back him up. Hetr talked about Toma's wife claiming Toma's body, so he's apparently not afraid of people finding bodies. He left lots of bodies around and plenty of damage. Hetr was killing everyone in the town because he wanted everyone dead, not because he was afraid that they would report what happened. The story will be that the town was thoroughly corrupt and needed to be purged, so that's what he did.

Elka confirmed that Elan was core leached, so there isn't any doubt about that. Bastion is the person who made Elan's pymaric, which he no doubt recognizes. Bastion is going to assume that having Elan stay and help Sette move Duane across the border (or maybe doing something else that Bastion wanted) is what led to Elan being core leached, so Bastion is going to feel some guilt for that.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

New comic.

It seems Bastion has a heart, even if small and unused.