New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Psionic Anti-Crime Squad: Mind Over Manner [IC]

Ian grabs some burning books from the pile, and throws them onto the Queen with telekinetic might. The torrent of books hammer her mail and shake her around, but their fire doesn't seem to affect the Talented. Instead, she backlashes with her own burning fist and obliterates the piles. "You are clever yet weak, old man."

Lucky's evasion draws another surprised look from the Doctor, maybe mixed with a tinge of respect. When Lucky takes his shot, however, it swerves slightly around the figure at the last second, barely missing him.

Bart flanks the grappled warrioress, and swings his flail around. The impact creates some minor cracks in her exoskeleton, but the weird, bony material seems pretty durable.

The Doctor sees his foe retreat, and closes on Echo and Jacob instead. "Is this how you protect your friends?" he says sarcastically, and swings his scalpel in precise arcs against the two. He gives the streets another check and adds. "Call your army back, and I'll let you live. If you want to live, that is."

On the southern front, the Talented called Aspis thrashes in Leolin's grip like an angry cat, all claws and fury. "Lift off your own fat ***!" she curses, between breaths.

The so-called Queen waves her fiery hand, launching the very heat she stole from her foes back at them. This time, she includes Ian as well, however.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Newest map.

Ian deduces that the "Queen" possesses a wide command on heat manipulation as well as resisting them and using them for counterattacks.
    On "Aspis", he notices a powerful defensive exoskeleton, sharpened claws, and poison.

Doctor's attacks 1&2 are against Jacob, 3&4 are against Echo:

Attack - (1d20+7)[23]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[7]+(1d8)[1]
    Attack - (1d20+7)[13]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[7]+(1d8)[6]

Attack - (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[7]+(1d8)[4]
    Attack - (1d20+2)[6]
    Damage - (1d6+5)[11]+(1d8)[3]

Aspis attacks Leo, and her last 1d6s all ignore DR. For each one that hits, Leo must make a DC 15 Fort save or take 2 Con dmg. Also mark down her modified Con in the post, please.

Attack - (1d20+5)[13]
    Damage - (1d3+5)[6]+(1d6)[1]
    Attack - (1d20+5)[24]
    Damage - (1d3+5)[7]+(1d6)[3]
    Attack - (1d20+2)[14]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[9]+(1d6)[6]
    Attack - (1d20+2)[22]
    Damage - (1d8+7)[8]+(1d6)[1]

Queen targets Leo, Bart and Ian. All must make a DC 15 Reflex save to half. Those that fail probably have to make a Fort save as well, if it surpasses their Con score.
    Fire - (4d6+4)[20]

New Initiatives:

Badguys
    Jacob
    Echo
    Leo
    Ian
    Lucky
    Bart

Some pre-rolls for possible crit confirms: (6d20)[1][10][20][16][14][2](63)
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2017-03-21 at 06:56 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

[QUOTE=neriractor;21819116]Jacob quickly draws his rapier and parries the scalpel before it reaches its target, he takes a minor cut on his arm from a second strike but nothing too serious.

With a sudden leap, dodging any attacks along the way Jacob lunges to the back of their enemy and positions for a well placed stab between the ribs, the blade findinding its way as he speaks "Made a big mistake there butcher, I´m the protector, not the protected"

Show
    moving to I4 to get that sweet flanking bonus from echo.
    tumble check DC 15 to avoid AOO:
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    rapier stab (flanking is factored in):
    attack: (1d20+8)[28] (crit on 18-20)
    damage: (1d6)[4] (piercing)
    sneak attack: (3d6)[12]
    crit confirm: (1d20+8)[24]

HP: 38/42 (2 non lethal damage)
    pp: 5
    AC: 16
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

3. - Top - End - #753
    Halfling in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Startled by the whole mad doctor thing, Echo drops the whole army act while dodging the scalpel.
    "What army? I think you are imagining things."

He dashes away from the doctor and shoots at him with his pistol.

Show

Move to O1
    Tumble: (1d20+8)[25]
    Attack: (1d20+6)[25]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[9]
    Pistol: (2d6)[7]

PP: 5, HP:27, AC: 15

4. - Top - End - #754
    Barbarian in the Playground

Bart, undaunted by the previous flail failure, swings again at the trapped creature. "Why so serious? Here, lemme tickle your funny bone!"

Show
    Ref Save:(1d20+2)[20]
    Fort Save:(1d20+7)[14]

Attack:(1d20+9)[23] (includes flanking)
    Crit Confirm:(1d20+9)[23]
    Damage:(1d8+2)[9]
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Rolls and stuff
    Show
    She's paying her 1 regenerated pp per round using her new power, which also boosts dex, which is neat.

Reflex: (1d20+3)[19]

Grapple check to pin: (1d20+29)[39]

Spoiler: Misread a few things, starting over on calculations
    Show
    Did this in the OOC thread. Long story short, Leolin's dead. You can set the scene around this however you wish, she's kind of too tied up with rage to-

...wait. Rage.

Hang on.

EDIT x3 COMBO: Re-Recalculation complete. She's at 11 HP, with 10 constitution until she's done raging.

"Ha! You're - URGH! - Funny."

Dire Felicia squeezes the nasty snake against her as she drops to one side to avoid the energy missile. It still singes her back pretty badly, and it just drives Aspis' claws further into her, but Barbara's rage techniques are good for helping one ignore those sorts of things. That Aspis' arms are now too stuck in layers of bone and armor to move at all is a nice bonus.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-04-03 at 06:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian instinctively ducks behind the bench as the wave of superheated air comes towards him, a rush of insight aiding him in ducking a bit early to deflect the majority of the blast.
    He looks towards Leolin and Bart to see how they are faring and begins to fear for their safety.
    That one is highly toxic that Leolin is holding in place. I honestly don't know how long she can hold at this rate with those spines digging into her and the masked one taking potshots at us.
    He stood up, rather exposed, but he didn't think it would matter much at this point if this didn't work.
    "Perhaps, but I'll not let you stand by and murder yet another protector of the people with whatever twisted machinations you bring to pass here."
    He then gestures with both hands, as the benches in the chapel lift into the air like some strange dream come to life. He also 'grabs' Aspis and hurls them all at the masked woman with all that his mental might can muster.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Using 1 point of Inspiration to boost Reflex Save by +4.
    (1d20+11)[15] +2 is already factored in for using bench as cover.
    If Ian still fails with that, here is the Fortitude Save.
    (1d20+3)[11]
    He's going to throw Aspis and 4 benches at the Masked Queen (which ones are marked in attack roll). He can only throw up to 5 objects currently and has a limit of 250 lb.
    Aspis gets a Will save to resist being thrown. DC 17 Will.
    Ranged attack with Aspis: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: Dependent on if she is considered a '...less dangerous objects such as an empty barrel...' (1 point/25 lbs.) or a 'hard, dense objects such as a boulder' 1d6 points/25 lbs.
    Ranged Attack with bench (E 22): (1d20+7)[8]
    Damage: Unknown (Dependant on weight and 'deadliness')
    Ranged Attack with bench (E 20): (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: Unknown
    Ranged Attack with bench (E 18): (1d20+7)[22]
    Damage: See above
    Ranged Attack with bench (E 16): (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: See above
    Spending 3 inspiration points to boost the damage of E 20, 18, and 16 by +4 each.

HP: 28/38
    AC: 16 + cover
    PP: 0/5
    Inspiration: 0/4
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #757

Planetar

With both Jacob and Echo moving out of his way, Lucky has a clear shot at the mad doctor. "No, this is how..." He pulls the triggers, hoping to wound their enemy for real this time.

Spoiler
    Show

Combat Expertise 2
    Attack 1: (1d20+6)[22]
    Attack 2: (1d20+6)[7]
    Damage 1: (3d6+5)[18]
    Damage 2: (3d6+5)[17]

HP 35/35, AC: 21, PP: 5/5, Precog 1/1.

8. - Top - End - #758

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

Lucky also takes a 5-foot-step to L4

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Back

Jacob, Lucky and Echo launch a joint strike on the lone doctor. As Lucky and Echo's attacks harry the "poor man", Jacob slinks to his back and sticks his rapier towards the man's seemingly unarmored back. An attack which such precision that would fell a normal man... visibly slows as it nears the doctor's body. Jacob feels the weird pressure on his blade as it moves forward, and while he still manages to score a hit and draw blood, it is a shallower wound than he thought it was going to be.

The Doctor, now with several (albeit small) wounds on him, grits his teeth in frustration. He jumps back like a predator, feints to one side, and tries to catch Jacob by surprise. His scalpel closes up to his neck with alarming accuracy. "You all talk a big game, but where will you be when your luck deserts you?"

Front

On the other front, Leolin crunches hard on the much smaller woman even as her body is wracked with whatever foul thing which has been injected into her. Unlike the earlier close-up, however, Leolin now seems to be in full control of the grapple. She still continues to curse at Leolin, but a lot of the words are muffled now.

Bart takes advantage of this situation and smacks Aspis's carapace yet again. New cracks appear on the surface, but it continues to hold.

Ian, on the other hand, flexes his telekinetic "muscles" to an extreme degree and pushes whole series of benches onto the Queen. However, he hits his limit as Aspis is already stuck in Leolin's grip and doesn't budge. The benches trip over each other and slow down a bit, but they pummel the armored lady in the end, and smack her back to another bench.

Stumbling and trying to regain her feet, the Queen looks at Aspis's situation with growing anger. She walks forward with stomping feet, pulls out a graceful dress sword with her still red-hot gauntlet, and a large pistol with another. She fires the latter at Ian with a cracking thunder.

"Cease this petty struggle and unhand my colleague! Or I'll be forced to come there myself and smite you all firsthand!"

Show
    The map.

The benches are around 25 lbs per square. Ian's 250lb limit isn't enough for the last bench attack, nor for Aspis. As a one time boon, I didn't take into account the telekinesis directed at Aspis because she is now completely immobilized by Leolin and this attack would free her. The fluff would be that Ian simply can't wrench Aspis away from Leolin's grasp.

Doctor - (1d20+11)[28] (touch)
    (1d8+4)[11] + (4d6)[14]

Queen - (1d20+8)[26] cover penalty included
    (2d8+1)[7]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2017-03-22 at 02:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian cries out in pain as the bullet catches him in the shoulder through his sparse armor.
    "Not if it means you cause another 'Beast' to rampage in the city like last time!"
    He pulls out a pistol of his own and sets the flint quickly on the hated device. He spares a precious moment of hesitation before he fires on the masked woman and ducks back behind the bench with a face filled with self-loathing.
    Though he carried a pistol, Ian had never wished to use it. A fragile life capable of being snuffed out with such a miniscule ball made it almost abhorrent in his eyes. He only carried it because of his daughter's wish for him to stay safe before he had gone into hiding from her. A guilt-ridden letter would be sure to follow if he survived this.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Attack:(1d20+4)[22]
    Damage: (2d6)[4]
    Moving to J 23.
    HP: 22/38
    AC: 16 + Cover
    PP: 1/5
    Inspiration: 2/4
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-03-22 at 03:52 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

11. - Top - End - #761

OrcBarbarianGuy

Echo is visibly disturbed at the sight of the scalpel drawing Jacob's blood. He concentrates on his power, hoping that whatever protects the doctor can only stop swords and bullets.

At the same time, he yells at Jacob: "Get back!"

Show

Posting actions early as I'll be late tomorrow:
    Action to take if no friendlies appear to be in the line of fire:
    Move to L1
    Energy cone towards H4:
    (5d6-5)[10] (ignores object hardness for extra mess)
    HP:24 PP:0
    Else:
    Reload pistol
    HP:24 PP:5

12. - Top - End - #762
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jacob smiles confidently and raises his sword ,slashing against his enemy, but he was too careless and before he knew it a blur approached his kneck. Quick reflexes made him pull his head back and the cut barely missed a mayor artery, but still left a big gap on his neck, *gurgle* the sound sprouted from his mouth as blood creeped to his throat, he took a few steps back with his sword raised and stood there speechless, his hand an inch away from his neck but lacking the courage to confirm the truth.

Show
    after my attack of opportunity I´m taking a 5 ft step to J4 and then using my full round to manifest (fully augmented) body adjusment, with should heal me at the start of my next turn for: (2d12)[5] damage edit: beautiful, that´s how you spend all your PP fellows

attack: (1d20+6)[13]
    damage: (1d6)[1]
    HP: 17 (4 nonlethal damage)
    pp: 0
    AC 16
    Last edited by neriractor; 2017-03-22 at 06:06 PM.
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.

13. - Top - End - #763

Planetar

Lucky flinches himself with imagined pain as he observes Jacob being hit -- he himself would not have been able to evade it either. He is at least somewhat relieved to see that Jacob is still standing.

Lucky spits on the ground in anger. He mentally prepares himself to see into the near future, and moves in to engage the mad doctor.

Spoiler
    Show

Combat Expertise 2
    Drop Erwan's pistol. Cast Synchronicity (1 PP version, ready melee attack). Draw Baron Steiger's sword and move to H3 without provoking an AoO.
    Notes: Doctor might provoke an AoO by (1) moving, (2) manifesting a power. I will use my AoO in any case, and if there is a second provocation, I might use Prowess, so please mention this if it is the case. I hope we didn't skip any AoO's provoked by the doctor in the previous rounds -- disrupting his concentration would be invaluable.

HP 35/35, AC: 21, Touch AC: 19 PP: 4/5, Precog 1/1.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

"NEVER MIND! YOU TWO JUST GO DEAL WITH THE FIRE CHICK!"

You're not sure when was the last time Leolin resorted to using the word, "chick." It usually means she's both angry and running out of material.

Having secured Aspis in what seems to be a 1-for-1 trade, she continues to apply pressure as she lifts up her new toy and steps out of the room, putting a wall between her and the angry queen.

"WE'RE BOTH FINE EVERYTHING IS FINE"

Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, so I re-read the grapple rules to make sure damage works the way I thought. It does, so the only damage I forgot to add was from when DF originally started the grapple. After that, pinning is a separate action.

Damage: (1d6+8)[12] lethal +(1d4)[1] nonlethal.

Pins are supposedly retained for 1 round, but the rules also say you can move a grapple while you're pinning someone. The internet doesn't seem sure how to interpret that. Previously, we've basically been giving the responsibility to Leolin's opponent to break the pin on their own turn, or else she gets to maintain it on her turn and deal damage at the same time. I think the intention is in line with that; now that her pin is established, she can maintain it and move at the same time as long as she succeeds on the grapple checks to do so.

Roll to move: (1d20+33)[52]

Roll to continue pin for next round: (1d20+29)[40]

Roll to maintain grapple when Aspis gets her turn and inevitably tries to escape:(1d20+29)[33]

15. - Top - End - #765

Emboldened by his earlier successes, Bart prepares to swing again at the helpless Apsis. However, the very present danger to Ian and the not-at-all vague orders from Leolin make his next action fairly clear. He moves over to the Queen and smashes her pistol holding hand with a powerful swing of his flail. "Ah! I see you take after the other women I've met - they've all found me quite disarming!"

Show
    Move action to G20

Standard action to disarm Queen
    No AoO cuz Improved Disarm :)
    Opposed Attack Roll:(1d20+13)[33] (+7 normal attack, +4 imp disarm, +2 flail)

HP: 63/73 (15 temp, 48 reg)
    AC: 20
    PP: 5/5

Other note: I had Improved Bull Rush marked down as a feat, but I realize I need Power Attack as a prerequisite and I didn't have PA. So I switched Imp Bull Rush for PA and will take Imp Bull Rush next level.

16. - Top - End - #766
    Titan in the Playground

Front

The Queen drops the regal accent for a second, and looks at Ian. "So, the rumors were true? You did fight with a monster in that tavern?"

Using the distraction, Bart's flail successfully hits the Queen's pistol with a crack, and she drops it to the ground. However, a flick of her rapier-hand draws heat from Bart in retaliation, threatening to freeze him through his armor. "We're talking here. The nerve of some..." Then, almost as an afterthought as she shakes her now empty pistol hand, she claws with that in return, and unleashes the regained heat in a trail of fire.

Ian's hesitant shot grazes the armored Talented on the side, but it's hard to say if it did any serious damage.

Leolin picks Aspis up and hurries away to the outside. The latter continues to squirm in her hold.

Back

Echo finds an empty corridor and launches a sound blast at the Doctor, but the conic blast washes over him like rain over an umbrella, hitting the sides of the chapel instead. Cracks appear on the walls, and some dust falls to the ground with a rumble.

Jacob falls back for a second and concentrates on his body, mending his wounds some.

Lucky tries to drive the Doctor against the wall and boosts his precognition, just looking for a weakness he could exploit.

The Doctor, in return, unleashes a torrent of slices and blows on Lucky before moving into the safety of the doorway.

Show
    Mappy map.

I'm not bothering with Leolin's high rolls since no one could meet them, so these are just the escape attempts. She makes 4 of them. For the last three, I'm rolling Leolin's counter rolls as well to hasten things up.

Escape1 - (1d20+14)[21] vs. 33
    Escape2 - (1d20+14)[15] vs. Leo2 - (1d20+29)[47]
    Escape3 - (1d20+14)[33] vs. Leo3 - (1d20+29)[35]
    Escape4 - (1d20+14)[33] vs. Leo4 - (1d20+29)[45]

Also, for some reason I missed the earlier round's escape attempts as well.

Escape1 - (1d20+14)[15] vs. Leo1 - (1d20+29)[34]
    Escape2 - (1d20+14)[17] vs. Leo2 - (1d20+29)[49]
    Escape3 - (1d20+14)[33] vs. Leo3 - (1d20+29)[48]
    Escape4 - (1d20+14)[30] vs. Leo4 - (1d20+29)[30]

Doctor v Lucky:
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d6+5)[6]+(1d8)[3]
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d6+5)[7]+(1d8)[1]
    (1d20+7)[22]
    (1d6+5)[10]+(1d8)[8]
    (1d20+2)[11]
    (1d6+5)[11]+(1d8)[8]

Queen v Bart:
    (1d20+7)[14] (touch)
    (4d6+4)[16]
    (1d20+7)[17] (touch)
    (4d6+4)[21]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2017-03-25 at 04:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #767

Planetar

Spoiler
    Show

I think Echo should be able to use his power, since the order is Jacob, Echo, Lucky. i.e. Jacob would have already moved out of the way.

Just before the mad doctor attacks, Lucky foresees what is coming for him, and lunges with his sword while maintaining a defensive posture to meet the fusillade of attacks.

Spoiler
    Show

Combat Expertise 4
    Attack with Baron Steiger's Sword: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[11]

18. - Top - End - #768

Wincing in pain, Bart absorbs the pair of blasts and remains standing. He flashes a weak grin, ""It'll take a little more than that to get rid of me, lady." He concentrates for a moment and seems to become infused with life, straightening his back and squaring his shoulders in the process. "There we go! Much better." He then strides forward confidently towards the Queen and prepares to swing his flail again.

As he does, a thought occurs to him. So this queen has heat powers, and Apsis has those physical changes, and the guy that's keeping the others busy outside must have some combat ability or else he'd be toast... So where's the mind control person?

Show
    Standard action to renew Vigor.
    Free action to 5ft step to G18.
    Move action to think.

My touch AC is 11, so she hit with both.
    HP: 51/73 (25 temp, 26 regular)
    If DR applies (which it probably wouldn't, cause it's energy damage), I'd be at 38 regular, for a total of 63.
    I don't think I get saves vs those energy attacks but just in case.

Cold Fort (1d20+7)[14]
    Cold Ref (1d20+2)[21]

Hot Fort (1d20+7)[18]
    Hot Ref (1d20+2)[11]

AC: 20, 11 touch
    HP: 51/73
    Last edited by GnomishPride; 2017-03-24 at 07:58 PM.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ettin in the Playground

Leolin struggles to retain her grip on the vibrating pile of bone and keratin in her arms. Part of her wonders what the heck these creeps did to make poor Aspis so vicious. The angrier part of her is just focused on stilling this creature before she runs out of proverbial gas. She digs her claws into what little torso Aspis has exposed under her exoskeleton and wrenches her twitching little neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Garple checks.

(1d20+29)[43] (re-establish pin)

(1d20+29)[39] (do damage)
    Damage: (1d6+8)[13] lethal +(1d4)[2] nonlethal

Dire Felicia's bear-hug fighting style isn't as dramatic as a choreographed fight scene, but it does have the advantage of leaving bonesnake vulnerable to other people's attacks. If any of the grunts are nearby, she invites them to fire or bash away at her armored captive. "Step right up!" she'd probably say.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Ogre in the Playground

"A monster? Rumors? Your monster to be precise and the mangled corpse of our brave comrade lying in his tomb to protect the defenseless is certainly no rumor! Twisting some unsuspecting soul into a ravening beast to kill indiscriminately? We will not allow it again!"
    He jumped over the bench he had been using as cover and holstered his empty pistol. He made sure to keep to his cover as close as he could, keeping his head down and out of sight.
    He could feel some of his mental strength returning as he searched for a possible advantage that he could exploit.

Spoiler: Translation
    Show
    Ian is moving to J 21 and putting his pistol away.
    Using the Total Defense action to boost AC.
    Trying to determine if hitting the roof hard enough would actually collapse it instead of simply blowing a hole through it and looking foolish.
    Knowledge (Architecture):(1d20+5)[19]
    HP: 22/38
    AC: 16+cover+Total Defense
    PP: 2/5
    Inspiration: 2/4
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

21. - Top - End - #771

Planetar

After managing to evade the doctor's blows, Lucky is visibly sweating. "Those are some nifty moves. Are you sure you are a doctor, pal?" He is amazed at his own performance, and knows that it is only a matter of time before his luck runs out. Still, there is little he can do but fight on.

Lucky continues to pursue the doctor. He drops his five-shooter on the ground and draws his second sword. He focuses on maintaining a defensive stance again, and tries to hit the doctor with a sword thrust.

Spoiler
    Show

Combat Expertise 4
    Move to F4. Drop Five-shooter. Draw short sword.
    Melee attack with Baron Steiger's Sword:
    Attack roll: (1d20+8)[26]
    Damage roll: (2d6+6)[14]

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

as Jacob stops bleeding and his wounds seal he spits a bit of blood on the street, clearing his throat and walking around the doorway, while pointing his sword at the ground, his expression gets serious as he moves closer to his enemy, eyes settled on the butcher "you know, the door may not be as hard as the wall but I would still hate to be between a sword and it, how about you drop that thing and we can speak about mercy" with the last word he raises his rapier and points it to the man.

Show
    just kind of making conversation here, as there is no way I´m going to attack in this particular position. readied action to attack him if he attacks me, moving to E3.

preemptive attack and damage rolls:
    (1d20+6)[13]
    (1d6)[6]

crit confirm (18-20/x2):
    (1d20+6)[11]

HP: 22/42 (0 non-lethal damage)
    PP: 1/5 (this is going to take a while)
    AC 16

23. - Top - End - #773

OrcBarbarianGuy

Echo swears as he watches the doctor shrug off blades, bullets and sonic blasts alike. He reloads his pistol, looking for an opening.

Show

Reload full round
    HP:27, PP: 1, AC: 15

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Piecemaker; 2017-03-27 at 03:20 PM.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Titan in the Playground

Front

Grinding and squeezing with her outrageous strength, Leolin notices patches of the tough exoskeletal material coming off and dropping to the ground beneath their feet. Soon Leolin can feel the mercenary even more directly as almost all of the bony material seems to have fallen off. "This is such a cheap mumblegrumble-"

The Queen watches Bart suffer her attacks but then do something and pull himself by his bootstraps. She considers him for a second with an appreciative nod, and then replies to Ian. "Well, we didn't have anything to do with it, actually. And I believe the good doctor didn't expect that outcome either. No one would want something like that frolicking in the city streets. It would be bad for business, to start."

Taking advantage of Bart's opening, she does a quick jab with her sword, take a step back, and launch another ray of fire in fluid succession.

Back

The doctor grins at Jacob, "What, this little thing? Sure, if you drop yours."

Lucky, in the meantime, scores another light cut despite the weird protection the Doctor has around him. He winces, stopping only for a couple seconds to retort before attacking back. "And that is one trigger-happy cop. Are you sure you belong in the Watch?"

Show
    Mapster.

Aspis v Leo:

(1d20+14)[17] vs. (1d20+29)[35]
    (1d20+14)[16] vs. (1d20+29)[31]
    (1d20+14)[25] vs. (1d20+29)[45]
    (1d20+14)[15] vs. (1d20+29)[41]

Queen v Bart:

AoO on Vigor: (1d20+11)[12]
    (1d6+3)[7]
    PossibleConfirm - (1d20+11)[26]

Ray - (1d20+7)[16] (touch)
    (2d6+2)[4]

Doctor v Lucky:

(1d20+7)[18]
    (1d6+5)[9] + (1d8)[8]
    (1d20+7)[19]
    (1d6+5)[8] + (1d8)[7]
    (1d20+7)[24]
    (1d6+5)[8] + (1d8)[3]
    (1d20+2)[17]
    (1d6+5)[11] + (1d8)[7]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2017-03-28 at 09:13 AM.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jacob ponders for a moment, not considering to drop his weapon, but the man´s words did we even introduce ourselves as guards, he replies with his own smirk "had your chance" with that he rushes from the side, this time taking feinting for the rib but looking at a more vulnerable spot, and trying to hit the connections on the shoulder.

Show
    moving to H 4 and making an attack with my rapier

attack(flank)(crit on 18-20): (1d20+8)[12]
    rapier: (1d6)[1]
    sneak attack: (3d6)[7]

crit confirm(flank): [roll][/roll]

also, I´m not sure if this guy´s attacks count (the ones that hit touch AC should) but psysense provides me with +1 AC against psionic powers, and during this whole combat I forgot to apply my swashbuckler dodge bonus (I´ll apply it to the doctor).

AC: 16(17 against the doctor, 18 against psionic attacks by the doctor)
    HP: 22/42
    PP: 2/5

26. - Top - End - #776

OrcBarbarianGuy

Echo moves for a clear position and shoots at the doctor with his pistol.

Show

Move to G1
    Attack:(1d20+6)[25]
    Crit confirm: (1d20+6)[17]
    Damage: (2d6)[7]
    HP:27, PP: 2, AC: 15

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

"Bad for business," Ian cries out incredulously, "it's hard enough for a normal Talented to master their powers but to place such a burden on an unprepared mind is madness! This 'doctor' of yours has much to answer for as will you if you continue to hinder us!"
    He then lets loose with a sudden blast of telekinetic force, focusing with such extreme intent that it would be impossible to avoid such an assault, though he places far more emphasis on accuracy than usual. He keeps himself from falling victim to his anger or the heat of battle for just a moment and finds himself capable of putting more power behind the blow.
    He continues to slowly follow the woman, steadily driving her against the wall.
    Spoiler: Attack
    Show
    Manifesting a nonlethal Concussion Blast for 3 PP (wish I could have waited for 5 to double it but we don't have that kind of time.)
    Attack: Auto-hits, ignores cover, ignores concealment, no saving throw
    Damage (nonlethal, force):(1d6+4)[8]
    The extra +4 is from spending one inspiration point to boost damage.
    He then moves to J 19
    HP: 22
    AC: 16 + cover
    Inspiration: 1/4
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2017-03-28 at 12:47 PM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

28. - Top - End - #778

Planetar

Lucky concentrates on evading the continuous attacks of the mad doctor once again, but he finally makes a slip and receives a nasty slash on his left arm. The doctor's quip, however, annoys him more than the wound. "Trigger-happy, you say? After all the innocent lives you took, granting you a quick death is the height of mercy, scum!" Fueled by anger, he strikes with both of his swords, hoping to overcome this nigh invulnerable opponent.

Spoiler
    Show

Combat Expertise 4
    Attack 1: (1d20+8)[14]
    Attack 2: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage 1: (2d6+6)[13]
    Damage 2: (2d6+6)[12]
    Sneak Damage 1: (1d6)[4]
    Sneak Damage 2: (1d6)[6]

HP: 26/35 (1 nonlethal), AC: 23, Touch AC: 21, PP: 5/5

29. - Top - End - #779

Bart, energized by the surge of stamina, neatly sidesteps the Queen's sword thrust. However, he sidesteps directly into the ray of fire, which hits him solidly... on the foot."Hah! Was that supposed to hurt?"
    He steps forward and swings his flail once more at the Queen.

Show
    5ft step to G17.
    Standard action to trip Queen.
    Melee Touch Attack w/ Flail: (1d20+7)[22]
    I have Improved Trip and a flail, so there's no AoO.
    Opposed Check: (1d20+6)[13] vs 1d20+Dex or Str for her.
    If she wins the opposed check, then I get an opposed check to resist her tripping me.
    Reactionary Opposed Check: 1d20+Str for her vs (1d20+2)[3] for me.
    If she wins the ROC, then I drop my flail to avoid being tripped.
    If I win the ROC, then neither of us is tripped.
    If I win the first opposed check, then I get a melee attack on her and she is tripped.
    Melee Attack: (1d20+5)[9] (not touch, nonlethal)
    Crit Confirm (if applicable): (1d20+5)[19] (not sure if nonlethal penalty applies to crit confirm rolls, but I included it just to be safe)
    Damage: (1d8+2)[5]
    Then if she tries to stand up (a move action), I get an AoO. If she tries to run away, I get an AoO (unless she 5ft steps or withdraws, but she can't do either if she stands up first). If she manifests a power, I get an AoO.
    I get 2 AoOs per round thanks to Combat Reflexes.
    Any time I get an AoO, I can make a trip attempt, so the whole process repeats itself.
    Spoiler: 1st AoO
    Show
    Melee Touch Attack w/ Flail: (1d20+7)[24]
    Opposed Check: (1d20+6)[24] vs 1d20+Dex or Str for her.
    If she wins the opposed check, then I get an opposed check to resist her tripping me.
    Reactionary Opposed Check: 1d20+Str for her vs (1d20+2)[10] for me.
    If I win the first opposed check, then I get a melee attack on her and she is tripped.
    Melee Attack: (1d20+5)[19] (not touch, nonlethal)
    Crit Confirm (if applicable): (1d20+5)[6] (not sure if nonlethal penalty applies to crit confirm rolls, but I included it just to be safe)
    Damage: (1d8+2)[4]

If she is tripped at the end of the 1st AoO, she still has an action left. If she decides to run away or stand up or manifest, then the whole thing repeats again.
    Spoiler: 2nd AoO
    Show
    Standard action to trip Queen.
    Melee Touch Attack w/ Flail: (1d20+7)[25]
    Opposed Check: (1d20+6)[18] vs 1d20+Dex or Str for her.
    Reactionary Opposed Check: 1d20+Str for her vs (1d20+2)[21] for me.
    Melee Attack: (1d20+5)[18] (not touch, nonlethal)
    Crit Confirm (if applicable): (1d20+5)[10] (not sure if nonlethal penalty applies to crit confirm rolls, but I included it just to be safe)
    Damage: (1d8+2)[10]

At this point, she is out of actions and I am out of AoOs.

Sorry for the long post but tripping is complicated.
    HP: 20/73 (21 temp, -1 reg)
    PP: 1/5
    AC: 20, 11 touch
    Last edited by GnomishPride; 2017-03-28 at 04:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hah! I'd say so! Honest Felicia's Discount Beatdowns, satisfaction guaranteed!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Maintain pin: (1d20+29)[42]
    Do damage: (1d20+29)[46]

Damage Roll: (1d6)[2]+(1d3)[3]+8 (edit: translation: 10 lethal, 3 nonlethal)

Realizing that most of Aspis' armor has sloughed off, Dire Felicia sweeps the scattered carapace away with her foot and pins snake girl face-down on the sidewalk. She looks so helpless now, even with her claws out. Leolin might have to be careful to knock her out without killing her.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2017-03-29 at 07:38 PM.