New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Psionic Anti-Crime Squad: Mind Over Manner [IC]

Obsidian stands at attention while Sergeant Mich gives his speech, and bows a little as he's praised. "Thank you, sir. I try."

As he helps lift the unconscious Thunder, Obsidian replies, "Thanks, though you did most of the heavy lifting, as it were. If you hadn't been there, I'd've had a tough time knocking him out."
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

2. - Top - End - #92

Planetar

Lucky chuckles. "Heavy lifting? Venting out my frustration, more like. I feel a little guilty about giving the kid such a serious trashing. Leolin's way was probably better, but I am not good at wresting like her. So I picked the easier solution." He looks a little worried. "I hope I didn't break a bone or something."

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Team Anton

"I don't know who the hell you are talking about," the guy replies, glaring, almost daring Jacob to challenge him. It's likely he's not telling the truth, of course, but it's Jacob's choice to either to convince the guy or leave the subject conspicuous enough to bait him.

The extra that Argus paid for the drinks seems to have gone unnoticed, though the fact that he's not getting any looks from the barkeep might be a good thing after all.

Team Mich

Lucky's shenanigans earn even more bad looks from the commoners, but hopefully more of the people are crowding near Leolin rather than to pay Lucky any attention.

Lightning gives out a breath as relaxed as it can be under the circumstances. "It's one thing to be a faceless hero, but being an blatant weirdo is another story. Especially considering my mum and sisters," he explains privately to Leolin.

The florist swears it's okay and insists not to take Leolin's money. "The show was enough," she says with a handwave.

As the group carries the two Talented back to the fort, it's the Lieutenant who faces them. She looks at the arrests with a slight surprise. "You caught them both? That is... good. Pretty good. Oh, also," she says, stepping aside to reveal a middle-aged man who looks even older thanks to his bald head and bush of a beard.

"This is Ian Moone. Apparently a colleague of yours? He arrived today as well. It seems the Academy has expedited some of the bureaucracy and may send even more students if they feel they are ready."

"Anyway. Back to the matter at hand. Let's do this properly. Report your mission."
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-05 at 07:02 AM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian Moone doesn't have much in the way of height and it's obvious he's coming on in years as his white hair and beard attest to. He wears a robe with the colors of some college over what appears to be leather armor. His satchel seems to be brimming with odds and ends of various uses, though he seems to be carrying them with a bit of difficulty.
    The old man seems to grumble a bit at the last bit of the Lieutenant's comment and mutters through his beard.
    "Expedited my foot! Couldn't very well stay as a teacher when they put it out into the open that I was Psionic, or as you like to say 'Talented'. It was all out of necessity that I had to come."
    He continues to grumble until he sees Thunder all slumped over. His demeanor changes from disgruntled to concerned as he scuttles over to the child.
    "Good heavens! What happened to this young man? Hmmm."
    He begins to look him over in front of quizzical eyes and mutters under his breath a diagnosis.
    "Hmmm, possible concussion caused by a blunt weapon that appears to be... Ah, from you."
    He glares at the offending sap before he sticks his face into Lucky's for a moment, seeming to size him up before withdrawing and returning his attention to his self-appointed charge.
    "I suppose there was nothing for it if they are as much trouble as I hear they are. But really, they should have learned better in school."
    He then rummages in his bag for some medical supplies as he attempts to patch Thunder up.
    "We can't very well leave him like this now can we?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    If I need to roll a Heal check:
    (1d20+6)[16]
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2016-08-05 at 02:23 AM.
    Invincibility lies in the defense. The possibility of victory is in the attack.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:
    (SF) bombs and Hangar Support
    The Forge (Crafting System)

Extended Homebrew Sig

Dice (feel free to use them!):
    Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

5. - Top - End - #95

Planetar

Lucky is a bit puzzled when he hears that Ian Moone will be the new addition to the Talented among the ranks of the City Guard. He recalls him from the Academy as the person who knew everything about the more theoretical aspects of the Talent. Given Ian's age and previous profession, Lucky thought he would be kept in the Academy to teach future students, but it looks like the Professors thought he would do more good in the City Guard. Strange.

When Ian starts criticizing his handiwork, Lucky cannot prevent himself from sneering at the old man. "Back off Gramps. This guy here wasn't exactly the kind of person you could convince by kind words over a cup of tea. I took care not to cause any serious injury. He'll survive."

Lucky turns to the Lieutenant and clears his throat, slightly embarrassed by his retort to Ian's criticism. "As you wish, Miss Rhon. We went to the marketplace, and identified the stalls these kids usually stole from. It looked like the locals were not really concerned a lot about the kids, and they treated it like some good entertainment, if you ask me. Anyway. We went incognito. I waited near the stalls; Leolin held one side in a circus attire, and Obsidian hid among the people on the other side. Obsidian noticed the perps approaching and warned me. The guy with the funny mask Leolin is holding went straight for her with a stolen flower, whereas the guy Gramps is fussing over stole a pear from the stalls. Leolin caught hers by sheer force and wrestling skills, and I took out the other guy with a few punches and hits with my sap. Then we headed back."

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian grumbles a bit more and mutters darkly under his breath.
    "Hmph, no respect these days for the elderly. But at least Gramps is better than 'Cain'."
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

"I want you dead enough to turn into a handbag and I want you dead enought to turn into a toaster!"
    -Unknown XCOM Commander

7. - Top - End - #97

Obsidian nods in respect to his elder, clears his throat and gives his report. "Captain, Cain noted something along the lines "they should've learned in school" earlier. I'm under the impression that they're untrained. I have a power that operates in a similar manner, so I can tell that they have little to no control of their power. Thus, to Talented folks like ourselves, it was a fairly simple matter to defeat them."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Team Anton

Jacob glares angrily at the man, and starts talking slowly as if to a small child or very dumb person "look, I don´t know who you think you are but you´ll be wise to have some respect when asked something, punk" he finishes his drink and starts moving to the door while whispering really unsubtly to Argus, hoping to be heard but not saying it all loud "filth like this are the reason the prisons need to be enlarged year after year"

He leaves the room, and assuming both of them (Argus and Anton) followed turns around "alright, I tried to be subtle about it but if he´s any interested on our... target he should go warn him soon, Argus I´m counting on you to track him when he leaves because I don´t think following him at eyes distance and remaining hidden is that feasible" he said that last part thinking of officer Aldon since he wouldn´t have problems at all and Argus was sneaky himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ettin in the Playground

Team Mich, About Five Minutes Ago

"Yeah, I get it. Don't worry." Leolin continues her whispered conversation with Lightning on the way to the station. Her lowered voice sounds... different. Younger, maybe. "...do they know? Your family, I mean?"

She feels like she has to apologize on her classmates' behalf. They really did a number on Lightning's sibling.

--

Team Mich, Now

Dressed in a revealing outfit that one could only hesitantly call civilian clothes, Leolin brings up the rear as she steers Lightning into the room.

"Oh, hey, Doc! Did you come all the way out here to check on us?" While Ian had certainly seen, 'Dire Felicia,' Arctois around in the academy, they never had much reason to speak to one another. She had always assumed he was a professor there. As such, hearing that he was kicked out for being psionic makes her do a double-take, but the topic shifts before she can loudly ask for clarification. Still, he's tending to the KO'd speed bro's health, so he's making a good first impression in her book.

Leolin gives her suspect a rough but reassuring head rub. "Alright, kiddo, time to face the music. Ready?"

Ready or not, the mask comes off. The Lightning persona has outstayed its welcome anyway.

"So. What's your name?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Team Anton

Jacob confuses and infuriates the man enough to render him speechless for a moment. The man raises in his seat and opens his mouth, but by then Jacob is out of the tavern.

Half an hour passes, and as both Jacob and Anton has foresaw, the man gets out of the tavern, casting furtive glances at the shadows in the night. He sets a fast pace around the slums for another half hour, hoping to lose any potential tails, but Argus's power (if he deigns to use it) both leaves the group safe and can easily keep up with the so-called gang member's speed. Anton follows without any sound, but looks somewhat impressed when looked at. If Argus keeps up the mental chase, he finally observes the man going past a burly thug into an alleyway. After a small while, the alleyway gives way to a large, backyard-like opening, where several men are hanging around poorly lit tables, chairs and crates.

The man quickly heads for one of the presumable leader, and tells him of the situation. But the leader seems awfully confident, gazing more at his one hand rather than the speaker, opening and closing the hand as white-blue sparks dance around his fingers. He nevertheless gives some orders, and the other gang members start to fortify the area. Several ladders are being put to reach the roofs, the few torchs are getting extinguished, and some barrels are being rolled down to the alleyway entries.

After some time, Anton prods Argus. "Hey, what did you see?"

Team Mich

Lieutenant Rhon watches Lucky and Ian's back-and-forth with the patience of a mother, but listens with attention as Lucky and Obsidian give their reports. She, as before, starts taking notes, and only gives out small facial hints of satisfaction upon Lucky's serious report. Obsidian's bit seems to draw a similar expression, and he can see that her writing speeds up a bit on that note.

"Thank you, Lucky. That was an... adequate report. And, hmm, you have weak points like that? That's interesting to know. I'll write back to the Academy about this. For now, good work."

A couple of guards carry away the now patched up Thunder, while Leolin unmasks Lightning right then and there. He had answered Leolin's earlier query with just a silent headshake, but now, when the mask comes off, Leolin only sees a gloomy young man not unlike many in the city. Lanky build, straight brown hair, average looks.

"I'm Goran," he says after a while. He tells a little of his and his brother's story to Leolin. A couple of nobodies suddenly getting superpowers, but instead of hiding and waiting for the hammer to fall, they instead forge harmless personae and somehow win the hearts of the people with their youthful vigor and charisma. Boys being boys, really.

Still, soon guards take him away too, at least for the moment.

Mich, on the other hand, looks out of the window into the darkening sky and seems thoughtful. "It's about time. If Anton's plan will hold, and it usually does (don't ask), we should be ready to take down Erwan's gang tonight. So get some rest and do any preparation you seem fit to do."

The lieutenant, seemingly a bit flustered, questions the validity of such a reckless act, throwing the new recruits into gang raid this quickly. But Mich just mentions that the Commander was well-aware of this plan, and how she had condoned it. Rhon drops it then, but still looks unsure.

Mich quickly gives a rundown about Erwan, how he's a small time gang leader who they had caught, but how he then recently have escaped confinement by somehow melting off the bars. He tells the group about how the others and Anton should be pinpointing their base by now, and will probably be sending back a message this evening.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-07 at 02:43 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

Argus tries to keep up the concentration, and to report exactly what he sees. When reaching the end of his description, he finishes with: "Their leader seems to be able to produce some kind of energy, and they are prepared for us. This... This is probably where we either try to go in there as sneaky as possible, try for another bluff, or ask HQ for support. Right?"
    The only way of properly dealing with me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amanil View Post
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.
    Thanks Ceika for this great avatar!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ettin in the Playground

"Acid? Eww."

That's all Leolin really has to say about the gang briefing. She's still preoccupied with her own team's miscreants.

"Hey, captain? Lieutenant? What are you guys going to do with those two?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2016-08-07 at 10:39 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

Planetar

Lucky smiles as he listens to the Lieutenant's compliments and does a small bow. "Always ready to serve, miss."

Lucky becomes very serious as he listens to Sergeant Mich's explanation about their next mission. "A gang raid, huh... Those are always very prone to being complicated, even if we faced run-of-the-mill criminals. If these guys are wei...", he coughs, "...Talented on top, things might go haywire very easily." Lucky looks around. "Not that I would mind the challenge, of course. This wouldn't be my first scrap with organized thugs. But I wonder if we should expect lethal resistance. I don't know if everyone in our group is comfortable with walking into a kill-or-be-killed situation." He turns at the Sergeant. "Sir, do we expect these people to have pistols or muskets? If so, are we going to have permission to respond accordingly? And lastly, are we going to have any backup from the rest of the City Guard?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Titan in the Playground

Team Anton

After taking Argus' report, Anton nods and disappears for a while. After several minutes, he comes back and explains the two the situation.

"I have sent word to HQ, and the rest of your colleagues will be on their way shortly. We're here to hold until then. In the meantime, glean all you can of their defenses."

Team Mich

Lieutenant Rhon examines Leolin's face carefully, and smiles gently after a while.

"They'll be out in a couple days." If Leolin looks puzzled, she explains. "The vendors actually like them. They haven't come to us with complaints or anything else. This was mainly to test your abilities, discipline, and instinct, and to show the populace how effectively we can now deal with Talented threats."

"Of course, I don't expect many people getting such a similar treatment. From here on out, you'll probably be facing real criminals."

The burly sergeant nods at Lucky and seems appreciative of Lucky taking this seriously.

"You'd be correct, normally, but this one is different. First off, they only should have one Talented unless Anton's spies have failed miserably. Second, these should only be small time gangsters. Low quality weapons, armor, poor morale, inexperienced. I imagine they'll break once you put a few of them down, even. Third, don't let this get to your heads, but you're a bit more than our regular watchman. Fourth, with Argus, you should have a perfect lay of their base and will have the chance to formulate your attack plan accordingly. And fifth, yes, we will have a small backup squad or two waiting nearby if things go south. So, you see, we're not really throwing you into a meat grinder here, against my better sense." Again, that stonefaced expression.

"But it's still a raid, and things still can go wrong. So keep your cool and stick to your plan, whatever that will be. Also, yes, you can use lethal force if necessary, but the mission is to capture Erwan, not execute him. Also as a rule of thumb, it's often better to knock them out and send them to the courts which Duke Aldhard loves so much."

As an afterthought, he adds.

"Pack a shield and a torch too. Actually, that applies in all circumstances."

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian gives a small smile as Leolin greets him.
    "Ah, Leolin still dressing up in circus garb I see. I still say you really should consider something a bit more formal. While I'm very certain you could handle yourself, I'm hoping you might catch some enterprising young man's eye when you're older. Although," he chuckles a bit, "you certainly do remind me of my daughter with the way you carry yourself. Never afraid to jump into a precarious situation."
    Ian couldn't help looking at the younger students a little fondly as a parent would on their children. Young they may be, but it ignited a spark of daring he thought he'd given up on regaining.

Ian sighs a bit and rubs his temples as he listens to the report on the raid.
    "I thought I gave up the adventuring life when I decided to teach at the college. Ah well, maybe it will do my old bones some good. I'll need some rather unorthodox items if you wouldn't mind getting me some of them. A rather large sheet would be the first thing, much like an awning, the bigger the better all covered with limestone dust. Maybe two or three of these to be safe. Next, something that would be rather annoying to get thrown on you and would make it difficult to concentrate. I believe something that made you itch uncontrollably when it is exposed to skin would be handy. Lastly, a bottle of ether and a cloth."
    After ticking off each of these items he then adds:
    "Oh, and should we pack a late dinner? It doesn't look like we'll be home long enough to properly enjoy one all together. Plus, I have a feeling I'll need it as compensation for whoever is carrying all of this."
    With that, Ian begins to ready himself for a long night.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2016-08-08 at 08:46 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

Argus nods quietly, a serious look on his face. "Alright. Let's get the place mapped then until they arrive." He starts using his power again, trying to further explore the structure, telling his company what he sees, with the goal to create a map, including the positions of the gang members, should they seek protection in specific places.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

If I am supposed to do any skill checks, let me know. Another question: If I force a link on a creature, does the creature realize me breaking in?
    I'm just going to increase the CR of every encounter by one for every terrible pun.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Jacob thinks for a minute before asking Argus about the previous visions "you said some where taking positions on the roof right? do you think there´s a nice way of getting there? I figure that if I can sneak up before the rest get here I could take the roof guy down and provide some cover fire from that spot."
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Ah, yes, trolls, the monsters that are such wusses their primary means of reproduction is being eaten by other creatures.
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    With all this talk of half dragon cohorts I may need to scrap riding a actual Dragon given how unoptimized it is.
    hey, order a gig here: https://www.fiverr.com/neriractor

I would really appreciate it.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite all of the signs hinting that she should drop it, Leolin is still preoccupied with the kids from before.

"Yeah, I noticed. It's just... Goran seemed really worried about his identity getting out. I figured that letting it out all at once would make it better, like a stuck bandage, but now...?"

Leolin can appreciate good costumes and masks for their own sake, but has never quite appreciated the fear and necessity behind them all; the Circus and the Academy have largely sheltered her from the sheer scale of persecution that has gone on outside of their weirdness-embracing walls. As such she's always had trouble wrapping her head around the fears and trials that other Talented experience.

"If these two just happen to go missing for two days right when the two Uncatchabrothers happen to get caught... I don't know. To be honest, I kind of figured we'd be letting them off with a lecture."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2016-08-08 at 10:39 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Titan in the Playground

Team Anton

Though the evening and the ensuing lack of light slow Argus's scouting, he can map out the area after perseverant use of his ability. As much as he can gather, there are two scouts at opposite rooftops with crossbows, a total of three burly thugs with heavy wooden sticks covering the two alleyways into the backyard, and three other criminal types (one of which must be Erwan) still hanging around the table drinking beers. Checking out Jacob's suggestion, Argus can see no other ways to get to the roofs, unless, of course, bringing their own ladders.

You also notice two torches illuminating the alleyways but their sentries stay just out of the light's radius, cozy in the shadows.

Team Mich

The lieutenant tucks a rebellious strand of hair behind her ear. "I actually don't know what the Captain will do. She might let them off even sooner. Still, the kids themselves are nobodies, they might not even be brothers. No one would care enough to make that link in a city this big."

She also shrugs at Ian's weird requests. "See the quartermaster if you like, but I'd not get my hopes up."

If Ian goes to find the quartermaster, he sees an old, curmudgeonly veteran hanging behind a desk and smoking something from a crude pipe. If issued the same request, the quartermaster just stares at Ian for a while long enough to make anyone uncomfortable.

"I have a tarp, if you like," he says at last, with a raspy voice. Ian realizes that if he wishes to fish for all those ingredients, he will have to do at the marketplace, possibly tomorrow.

The group probably has an hour or two to prepare for the nighttime raid.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-09 at 02:07 AM.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Not long before...
    "All of those are good possibilities I admit. But I would hate for them to attract the wrong sort of attention. I have often thought of how a person with terrible power could be a boon to mankind or our doom if someone placed the wrong idea in their head, or worse-"
    He shudders a bit at a thought.
    "-they lost control of themselves."
    As the lieutenant answers his request, he smiles a bit.
    "I suppose that's the only way I shall procure these things. I'll be back in time for the... activity."
    Note to self, most people do not know what I am speaking of.

Currently...
    Ian sighs at the turn of events as he stares back at the Quartermaster as he is told only a tarp is available.
    "Do you mind if it gets torn?"
    His voice is rather strained and reflects the dark cloud brewing inside of his mind.
    Correction on note. Most people do not have what I am speaking of.
    Ian also asks for other innocuous objects that could possibly help tonight.
    Afterwards, his annoyance begins to die down and he tries to strike up many different conversations with the quartermaster to pass the time and share experiences with someone of roughly the same age.
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2016-08-09 at 04:19 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

The quartermaster chews the wooden mouthpiece of his pipe. "If you damage it or don't bring it back, it is subtracted from your pay."
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-09 at 05:29 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Ian sighs inwardly, just barely keeping it from escaping.
    "Nothing for it I suppose. I'll take it."
    Last edited by Tsunamiatunzen1; 2016-08-09 at 10:14 AM.
    - Diamond Sword

Featured Homebrews:

Extended Homebrew Sig

Spoiler
    Show
    [roll]1d20+[/roll]
    [roll]1d6[/roll]
    [rollv]3d6[/rollv]
    [roll]4d6b3[/roll]

-Unknown XCOM Commander

23. - Top - End - #113

Planetar

Lucky listens to the sergeant, processing the new information. "That clears up a lot of questions, thanks. I hope we won't have any surprises."

Lucky tries to come up with something to do, but there is very little preparation to be made beyond picking up the shield and torch (though he doubted he would use the prior, given his fighting style). After some deliberation, he declares: "Well, I wouldn't mind meeting the other people from the Watch who will save our bacon if things go south. Could you please tell me where they are, Sergeant?"

If/after he gets the directions, Lucky tries to round up three non-Talented guards and sit down for a game of cards.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh. Yeah, okay, that works! Thanks."

Leolin's not one hundred percent on the situation, but she seems satisfied for now. She makes a mental note to check again once the more serious op is over with.

"Well then! I guess I'd better go get changed! I'll be back in a bit."

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

An hour or two passes with everyone getting ready for the raid. Lucky manages to find the Quartermaster and a couple more guards for a game of Swamp. Ian manages to secure a large bundle of tarp but little else, at least for today. Weirdly enough, another one of your colleagues drop in as well: Gareth, who goes by the name "Echo".

Then, one of Anton's spies arrive and Mich gives the go signal.

The group and a backup squad of five enforcers are led by Sergeant Mich quickly to the meeting point under the cover of darkness. If anyone notices the band making their way through the city, they change course or otherwise avoid the guardsmen. Soon, the band regroups with Anton, Jacob and Argus.

If Argus tells the group of the lay of the base, they see that there are basically two alleyways into the backyard, discounting the ladders leading to the roofs, of course. The group is then ready to formulate a plan of attack. Anton and Mich hang close by, obviously having lead raids of this sort many times, but now they seem to be observing instead.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Map:

Numbers are enemies.
    X's are crates, barrels, etc.
    ||'s are ladders.
    T's are torches, orange is bright light, red is dim light. The rest is darkness.
    #'s are walls.
    Grey is rooftops.

Also, all this is the latest update Argus gives you, so there might be slight changes when you start the encounter.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-11 at 11:05 AM.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Argus at least provides everyone with the information at hand. After all, they had enough time to make at least one (if not many) drawings on paper about the setup.

"So, is there a plan? And what is the main goal of the raid? Capturing Erwan?"

27. - Top - End - #117

Obsidian, who had up to this point essentially just been soaking up info on the raid and mulling it over, nods and points to the map.
    "The first thing I see is that #2 and #3 could be problems. If we just waltz right in, they'll be able to fire on us freely, which is why I think we should get some people on the roofs to take them out. The next problem I see is the alleyways. Our objective is to capture Erwan, and if he gets away, that's not good. If we could get a couple people in each alleyway, that'd be ideal, but I don't think we have the manpower to do that effectively. I'm not sure how to get around that problem. Thoughts?

28. - Top - End - #118

Planetar

Lucky strokes his goatee. He nods at Argus. "Yes, that's the mission." He listens to Obsidian's comment. "Yes, my thoughts exactly. As for manpower..." He turns towards Sergeant Mich. "May we position the backup in the streets to prevent the gang members from escaping?"

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Mich shrugs. "Sure, but if you ever would screw up and wish to fall back, we won't be able to cover your backs. Your choice."

Anton also nods at Argus's question and looks approvingly at Obsidian's attempt at a plan.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2016-08-11 at 11:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #120

Planetar

Lucky nods. "If that's the case. I think I have a plan in mind that would make sure all the gang members will be properly trapped, which might make them more willing to surrender. They will not need to engage if everything goes well."

Spoiler
    Show

He clears his throat: "So here is my suggested plan: First we position Sergeant's enforcers to the two streets in the south. They wait far enough not to be noticed or heard. Our team splits into three separate groups. The first group will approach over the rooftops to the west, the second group will do the same over the rooftops to the east, and the last group will lay in ambush in the northern exit."

"The first group will approach in stealth, and take down the sentry as soon as possible, then head to the ladder to the north and control it."
    Lucky ponders. "Maybe they could just push the unsuspecting sentry down? The fall wouldn't kill him, but it could take him out of the fight. Then they throw a lit torch below into the area where the thugs are located. From then on, they will attack the thugs below with ranged weapons until they surrender. If too many people try to get at them using the ladder, they will simply push the ladder down."

"Sergeant's enforcers will start making a racket as soon as any group is noticed so that our enemies think the City Guard is approaching in force from the south. That will make them consider only the two ladders and the northern street as a potential way to run away."

"The second group will approach in stealth as well, and attack the sentry on their side just after the first group attacks theirs. They also control the ladder on their side. I am hoping their sentry will be distracted while watching the first group's sudden attack. The same with throwing down a torch and using ranged weapons, so on and so forth."

"If everything goes as planned, we will have many people shooting from the rooftops at enemies which they can easily see thanks to the torches, whereas the enemies will have a hard time shooting back. I am hoping this will lead them to surrender, but if not they will have to rush north to escape."

"That's where the last group will lay in ambush. This is probably where the actual close quarters combat is going to happen. I am hoping that those on the rooftops can move north and provide them with support."

Lucky takes a deep breath after the long speech. "The question is of course, who will be in which group. That I am not sure of yet. We should probably consider the skills of everyone in our group." He looks at the new member of their group. "Hey there pal. You're called Echo, huh? I'm Lucky. Nice to meet you."