New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default You Rescued The Princess-Now What? [IC]

You are currently attending the wedding of Morhdehkai and Princess Vivian Kivtos. The two are standing across from each other in front of the massive assembled crowd, with Vivian reciting her vows.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: You Rescued The Princess-Now What? [IC]

Edward stands in a corner, fuming over his 'promotion' even as he scans the crowd for potential assassins. Hand on the handle of his blade, he keeps a watchful eye, ever ready to draw for combat.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Sagara
    It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Mulder
    I did not lie, I wilfully participated in a campaign of misinformation

Murdered by Furthur Maths.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Zen Fox, Bard & Lover
    Zen sits over to the side, Lute playing a light music as the couple says their vows. He sits with his wine glass next to him, scanning the room to find his next prey for the night. He is an expert player and has traveled with his companions for a good while now. So, of course, as the Bard and musical expert, he was going to play the music for their wedding. And most likely play for them in their throne room as well.

Zen smirked as he saw Edward sitting over in "Grumpyland", having been newly appointed to guard they princess and her new prince. As they both said their vows, Zen waved a hand and a soft, glowing light surrounded the couple...giving them a look of divine happiness. He kept playing, lightly and softly, just happy that there was going to be one crazy party about to happen.
    My Extended Signature, Check it out!

DMing:

Amazing Irish Avatar by Savannah

My own 5e Bard Subclass
    Made by the awesome Wartex1!

LGBTA+ Ally

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

For once in her life, Grace is utterly mortified. The tiefling dabs a handkerchief at her eyes and tries to make her sobs sound like ones of happiness for the new couple, but at this moment she keeps wishing for someone to barge in and object, or for freak lightning to strike Mordehkai through a window or...

Arcane genius she might be, but Lerissa-Grace Wirthing is no actress. Her crestfallen attitude is all too obvious for anyone who'd care to look.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Morhdehkai looks into the princesses Vivian's eyes with flaring passion, composing his posture with the utmost elegance. He looks into her eyes with a heart-warming smile, loose blonde hair flowing from his head as Zen's soft light enveloped him and his wife-to-be. He was wearing the finest clothes he had: a pair of commoner's pants. There was nothing else covering his musclebound figure, aside from a necklace made from the bones and teeth of wild animals.

Some might think that Morhdehkai was lost in the princesses's beauty. People who actually knew him would understand that he had no idea what the hell was going on. Vivian was saying... things...

He saw Grace in the corner of his eye. She was crying, perhaps it was because Morhdehkai had taken his first bath yesterday? Morhdehkai felt happy that Grace felt happy about that.

Morhdehkai was glad all his "new family" could make it. He was sad his "old family" couldn't make it, they probably were shaking spears at bears again, and Morhdehkai was happy for them.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tigan gives Leri a consoling pat on her shoulder, cigar clamped in his lips as he tries to loosen his starched collar.

His head is uncharacteristically bare, revealing his slightly pointed ears and unnaturally greying hair. Also missing is his Watch overcoat, replaced with a fancy tunic. He's kept his black leather cloak though, and his Ioun stone is nestled in a pocket for easy access in case of emergency. He doesn't remove the cigar as he speaks under his breath in his low gravelly voice.

"She chose. Mebbe once the handsome idiot goes off flirting with some barmaid she'll see he's just muscles. For the moment just smile and be happy for her."

He smiles at Leri, though as always it doesn't quite reach his eyes.
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2016-07-28 at 04:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri turns to flash a tear-streaked glare at Tigan.

"I-If I could do that, I'd b-be doing it, Guardsman Gloom," the tiefling says, suppressing her sobs long enough to hiss at him, her voice staying low. "I mean... why him, Tigan? Mordehkai probably can't even spell monogamy, let alone define it."

8. - Top - End - #8

The princess finishes her vows, and the priest turns to Morhdehkai. "Your vows, sir."

Show
    Show

Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Whilst thinking about the taste of roasted bear meat, it seemed that Morhdehkai had to say something... something about vows? Morhdehkai may have had a symmetrical and appealing face, topped up with the tipped ears and refined bone structure from his Elven blood, but barely any of that elegance had seeped into his speech. Fortunately for Morhdehkai, wedding vows had been explained to him before.

Unfortunately for Morhdehkai, they were explained by the battle-lusting Orcs who helped to raise him in his childhood. He begins to speak in a deep, honeyed voice as he takes his "vows", looking deep into the princesses's eyes with a gentle smile...

He doesn't even falter as he speaks the least romantic words some would ever know...

"By Gruumsh, Morhdehkai swears to smash your foes until Morhdehkai can smash no more, bathing us with their blood as we forge bonds stronger than iron. May our children be devoid of weakness, and inherit our unbridled blood-lust."

As he says this last bit, his smile remains, as if everything was completely normal. Morhdehkai thinks he said the right vows, but was not sure. He looks over to the rest of his party who are attending the wedding, checking for their approval.
    Last edited by Nebula; 2016-07-28 at 08:28 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Grimm audibly sighed as he began paying special attention to the nobles, scanning for anyone particularly offended.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

It's not Yggdrasil or Helheim you're facing, it's the cold rule that says the world demands sacrifice in exchange of hope. Destroy that rule and change the world.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Trask is also in the grooms side of the assemblage with Tigan and Leri, directly to her other side. The two had to accompany her because she had vehemently objected to being seated "as friend to that bulky muscle-headed clod", but also to be sure she didn't interrupt or voice an objection.

The young businessman looked quite suited to the event in his current garb: a brilliantly white tunic with leather lacing, an emerald green double-breasted vest, black trousers tucked into glossy riding boots, and a lapis-blue cloak with forest green gorget. A Cloak of Protection over his Glamoured armor, of course, because he has learned to always be wary and prepared.

Trask almost let out a hearty laugh as Morhdehkai gives some of the worst vows he had ever heard, but stifles himself to make it seem as he is just choking back emotion. He leans over close and whispers into Leris ear "Something tells me you really are worrying over nothing. There is no way this ends well for him or lasts at all." giving a sly wink and continuing "For what is a Beauty without her Grace?"

Spoiler: Cloak
    Show
    Last edited by JackOfAllBuilds; 2016-07-29 at 06:41 AM.
    Dwarven Prayer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Our Lager, Which art in barrels,
    Hallowed be thy drink.
    Thy will be drunk
    I will be drunk,
    At home as in the tavern.
    Give us this day our foamy head,
    And forgive us our spillages
    As we forgive those that spill against us.
    And lead us not into incarceration,
    But deliver us from hang-overs.
    For thine is the beer,
    The bitter and the lager.
    Forever and ever,
    Barmen!

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri visibly winces as Mordehkai makes his vows. "Gruumsh? Gruumsh?!" she hisses. "Oh that is it, I have a disintegration with that moron's name on it!"

Before she can make a move, the two men on either side of her have grabbed her arms, leaving the tiefling to lash her tail in her discontent, before Trask attempts to calm her down.

"That was awful, you slippery bastard," she sighs, though she does seem to perk up slightly. "I hope you're right..."

13. - Top - End - #13

Vivian looks at Morhdehkai, trying to smile, but all that comes out is a contorted grimace.

The priest, an older man, does not seem to notice, and says "You may now kiss the bride!"

Show
    Show

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Zen Fox, Bard & Lover
    Zen continues to play and smiles at Vivian's vows. They're gorgeous and flowing, like her...and then Morhdehkai is up. Zen prepares his brain for what's to come, and he is not disappointed. The big brute's words trip and fall out of his mouth, catching everything breakable as they fall out, in a horrid cluster of destruction and mayhem.

Zen just shakes his head and smiles a bit, and then notices that Leri is pretty much jumping out of her seat to try and, most likely, disintegrate the large oaf. The group was keenly aware that Leri-Grace (which Zen usually said with a rustic, country accent in front of her) had fallen horns over heels for the princess. Zen couldn't help but chuckle as he saw her restrained. He waved a hand again and pointed to Leri, whispering something only she could hear, "Now, now my dear. No violence at a wedding, it is awfully bad luck. Besides...there is always befriending the lass and sneakily stealing her away, so another adventure....." Zen gives Leri a wink, and continues playing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Message, if it wasn't apparent, is what I used.
    Last edited by Irish Musician; 2016-07-29 at 08:37 AM.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri sighs morosely at Zen's words, wincing again at the priest's words, looking aside and closing her eyes so she doesn't have to witness the kiss.

16. - Top - End - #16

BardGuy

tongue Re: You Rescued The Princess-Now What? [IC]

Trask deftly wets the tip of his pinky finger and reaches an arm across Lerissas back, attempting to slip it in to her ear on Tigans side and give her a wet-willie...as a distraction to the travesty happening up by the shrine and to take some of the anger-spotlight off of Morhdehkai "How is that for a 'slippery bastard'?"
    Dwarven Prayer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hallowed be thy drink.
    Thy will be drunk
    I will be drunk,
    For thine is the beer,
    Forever and ever,
    Barmen!

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri freezes, then raises her to look at Trask and smile cheerfully.

"I. Am. Going. To. End. You."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

Despite all the drama, he knew this was literally the worst moment for some assassin to jump out and kill the bride and groom. With that knowledge in mind, he shrugged on his read greatcoat, the symbol of his rank as a Mage Knight of the land and faded towards the doors, he had to prep the place the two would walk out into, it wouldn't do for them to step out only to receive a bolt between the eyes. The greatest threat to the groom's health in the room was already restrained, he still wondered what did she see in the princess.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

His party seemed to be getting excited... Morhdehkai did good? Looking at Vivian's face, Morhdehkai knew he did not do good. Morhdehkai did not want to make her sad... so Morhdehkai tries to give good "kiss". He would have to do other things as well to make her not sad later. Perhaps crown of flowers? Crown of flowers.

He gently picks up Vivian's hands, and smiles gently. He leans in for the kiss...

Spoiler: OOC and Rolls
    Show
    I'm not sure if I should roll for this, but it'd be perform check, right? Here's one just in case.
    [roll0]I mucked up this one when previewing, leaving it here.
    [roll]1d20+7[/roll] it seems I may have messed up the roller. I got 15 on the OOC thread.
    Also just a note, Morhdehkai would meticulously care for his teeth, he does care about appearances to a degree (and I doubt he'd would've attracted anyone with poor dental health). Not sure about the breath though...
    Last edited by Nebula; 2016-07-29 at 07:29 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Vivian kisses back, breaking the kiss before too much time has passed. There's a general round of polite applause, but no one's heart seems to be in it.

Show
    Show

Show

21. - Top - End - #21

BardGuy

Trask waits for the kiss to end and the couple to be presented, then stands and half-heartedly applauds the newlywed couple along with the rest of the gathered crowd. He returns Lerissas smile with his own cheeky grin. "Hopefully it can wait 'til after we feast, and you grant me the courtesy of a head start."
    Dwarven Prayer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hallowed be thy drink.
    Thy will be drunk
    I will be drunk,
    For thine is the beer,
    Forever and ever,
    Barmen!

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfAllBuilds View Post
    Trask waits for the kiss to end and the couple to be presented, then stands and half-heartedly applauds the newlywed couple along with the rest of the gathered crowd. He returns Lerissas smile with his own cheeky grin. "Hopefully it can wait 'til after we feast, and you grant me the courtesy of a head start."
    The audience begins to leave for the dining hall.

Up at the altar, Vivian manages a smile towards Morhdehkai. "Come on-it's time for the feast."

Show
    Show

Show

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

Morhdehkai's face beams at Vivian, continuing his gentle smile. He steps down with Vivian to escort her to the next part of the occasion...

With all of this happening, Morhdehkai was happy. He had long awaited the day when he would get to meet the princess, and ever since he did he always had wanted to be with her. He remembered the day when the party had rescued the princess from the dragon, and the times they all had ever since then. After shoving as much meat as he could down his gullet, the next opportunity he had he would make a flower crown for Vivian. Maybe two flower crowns, or three.

As for his friends, he would find a way to thank them for their attendance to he wedding. The next chance he got, Morhdehkai would hunt down some rabbits... and then make them into happy mittens for them.
    Last edited by Nebula; 2016-07-29 at 10:02 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri keeps grinning at Trask, bearing her teeth at him.

"No way, Trask. You brought this on yourself," she says in a sing-song tone as the rest of the crowd applauds. "Now, are you and Guardsman Gloom gonna let me attend the feast?"

25. - Top - End - #25
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Tigan rolls his eyes. "Ain't gonna stop you Leri. 'less you start somethin' you shouldn't. 'm sure you'll have fun with Trask."

He catches Morhdehkai's eyes and gives him a smile and a nod, before heading off to the dining hall following the other attendees. His cloak swirls as he does so, sending ripples through the inky shadows at his feet.
    Last edited by Rattigan; 2016-08-01 at 07:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Leri keeps grinning at Trask, bearing her teeth at him.

"No way, Trask. You brought this on yourself," she says in a sing-song tone as the rest of the crowd applauds. "Now, are you and Guardsman Gloom gonna let me attend the feast?"
    Offers his arm to escort Leri off to the reception with the rest of the wedding party. "I only brought it on myself in that I shifted the deadly attention elsewhere... Your jealousy was the fuel to your current bloodlust." Continues to smile and wave to the odd lesser noble or gentry they pass whose eye he catches, trying to keep their conversation private. "I know how you feel about her, and the dumb lunk may not deserve her, but that doesn't mean he deserves to be ashes..."
    Dwarven Prayer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hallowed be thy drink.
    Thy will be drunk
    I will be drunk,
    For thine is the beer,
    Forever and ever,
    Barmen!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Zen Fox, Bard & Lover
    As soon as the "happy" couple kiss, Zen starts into a lively tune for the recessional. He stands and there seems to be an air of magics in his notes. The spirits of all seem to lift as they leave and they feel much better about going to the feast. Of course, he knew no amount of music or magic could make Leri and happier about the things happening currently. As he plays, he walks next to the Tiefling, and slightly looks up at her as he stands next to, but just below, her, "I know you are hurting, little Leri, but try not to let it effect your night. Come with me, drink, dance, sing..... we will forget our worries and celebrate, instead, coming back home and not dying out in some gods-forsaken dungeon, eh?" He finally finishes his song, throwing his lute on his back, and walks on the other side of Leri. He gives her a playful headbutt, and as soon as they are in range of drinks, grabs two of the biggest and strongest drinks for the two of them.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Leri sighs and lets Trask lead her off. "You're right, of course," she says despondently, acknowledging Zen with a wan smile as he approaches you. "Both of you. Doesn't make it any easier..."

Then Zen headbutts her.

"Gah! For the LAST TIME, YOU HAIRY-ARSED LECHER! Just because I have horns too does not mean I ENJOY HEADBUTTING!"

The tiefling chases after the satyr intent on delivering some arcane retribution, but sees him holding a pair of drinks.

"Give me both of those and you may yet live to see the morning, you horny hack!"

29. - Top - End - #29
    Titan in the Playground

Zen Fox, Bard & Lover
    Zen smiles wide as he hands over both of the drinks. Poking the Tiefling's buttons was always fun, and while he always gave Leri a hard time, he did care for the girl. And he truly felt for her longing that she had now for a Princess promised, and now married, to another. He went back and got another drink for himself and plopped down next to Leri, "Listen, you are just as horn-y as I am....yours is just a little more focused than mine. Drink those down and relax and try to have a good time. You want me to go lure a different princess to you?" Zen takes a gulp and winks at Leri.

DMing:

My own 5e Bard Subclass

LGBTA+ Ally

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

The tiefling downs the first drink before she even takes her seat, but takes the second one more slowly.

"My affections for the princess are not mere lust, Zen," she huffs. "At least not entirely. And, what, you don't think I could get another woman if I wanted one? I know the old mage hand/thaumaturgy trick."