New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Default Fastest way to destroy one tough undead? (as paladin)

Im playing an undead scourge, chosen one, hospitilar paladin with one level in life oracle. I specialize almost entirely in anti-undead channel positive. I have an amulet with continual hide from undead, detect undead, glory medallion, and phylactery of positive energy on it. I have a belt of continual consecrate. I have craft wonderous item so can make continuous/at-will spell effects (from any class list cause the +5 craft DC rule :D).

I have plenty of anti-undead utility and burst AoE/healing. I can kill hordes of small undead all day long. What I need now is a way to deal massive single target undead damage for when the boss undeads show up. I had a moment where I wanted to smash a big zombie in one hit just to laugh in the necromancers face, but just cant do big single damage.

So, what is the best way to do massive single hit damage to an undead?
    Last edited by flamewolf393; 2016-07-30 at 06:59 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Fastest way to destroy one tough undead? (as paladin)

Unless it's one of those pesky non-evil undead, you are an undead scourge paladin, smite its ass for twice your paladin level as added damage on the first hit. I don't see an arms slot item in use, so put on a Silver Smite Bracelet to boost your paladin level by 4 for these purposes. Use an undead bane weapon for extra punch, and make it a disruption weapon for a chance to one-hit kill.

Should it survive the first round of your smite, use your next swift action to Channel Smite to add your channel energy damage to your attack.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arutema View Post
    Unless it's one of those pesky non-evil undead, you are an undead scourge paladin, smite its ass for twice your paladin level as added damage on the first hit. I don't see an arms slot item in use, so put on a Silver Smite Bracelet to boost your paladin level by 4 for these purposes. Use an undead bane weapon for extra punch, and make it a disruption weapon for a chance to one-hit kill.
    Even better, the Bracers of the Avenging Knight, because pricing is silly.

Also, Litany of Righteousness.
    Compared to Channel Smite
    Pros: not a feat, lasts all attacks for one round
    cons: save neg. and SR: yes

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Perfect. Will stack them all together for epicness. Now I just need to get the boss guy to feel so overconfident he allows me one free hit to start the fight XD.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature and tell us how you started: I started with the entire party getting teleported in from the real world butt naked.

Lokiron: "Yes, and killing hurricanes is always a good act, because they are evil."

DEGENERATION 91: Copy this into your sig and subtract 1 when you first see it. This is an antisocial experiment.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

If you're allowed 3.5 material, the Inquisitor's Bracers from the MIC can add a nice chunk of damage against undead.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    If you're allowed 3.5 material, the Inquisitor's Bracers from the MIC can add a nice chunk of damage against undead.
    What does this do> I cant find it on srd or google.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

The channel smite feat may do some work for you as well? You can't use it the same round as you activate smite, unfortunately, but you can from the second and subsequent rounds.
    Last edited by Sayt; 2016-07-31 at 06:32 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Nobody mentioned Radiant Charge. Radiant Charge is awesome for nova blasts.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flamewolf393 View Post
    What does this do> I cant find it on srd or google.
    Magic Item Compendium isn't in the SRD.

Swift action: Add a Cure Moderate Wounds (CL5) to the next attack you make this round. 3/day, and cannot be used as a touch attack (you have to use a melee attack). Basically +2d6+5 damage to any undead, 3/day, and if you really need to you can make an Unarmed Strike against an ally to heal them the same amount.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Big Fau View Post
    Magic Item Compendium isn't in the SRD.

Swift action: Add a Cure Moderate Wounds (CL5) to the next attack you make this round. 3/day, and cannot be used as a touch attack (you have to use a melee attack). Basically +2d6+5 damage to any undead, 3/day, and if you really need to you can make an Unarmed Strike against an ally to heal them the same amount.
    Which, honestly, I've always loved the concept of punching your friend for healing. "LIVE, DARN IT!"

As to what else you need... I'm just going to remind you that flat bonuses are also your friend. If you REALLY need that damage, Power Attack feat will help considerably. Also, if you REALLY want to up that damage output, you could always take the Vital Strike feat line.

This is all just if you want to up your damage output for a single attack as much as possible.

ETA: Remember. You can craft items with these feats, even if you lack the feat in question.
    Last edited by GreyBlack; 2016-08-01 at 05:17 AM.