New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Giant in the Tavern

Assassin's Draught: Everyone is pretty sure it's literally poison, but that hasn't stopped bars from selling it (and dwarves from drinking it)!

Monk's Brew: A potent mix of vodka, pure alcohol, and flowers picked from the highest mountaintop, this exotic drink is brewed for well over a century in the cellars of monasteries in barrels hewn from solid granite (using only their fists!). Monks who desire to begin the way of the Drunken Master are required to survive 3 shots of this without passing out, which is of course the primary reason no one is a Drunken Master.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

Druid's Delight: Wine made from fermented Goodberries. Restores a few HP.

Bardic Brandy: Take fruits from all over the land, ferment and distill. Has a tendency to make people want to sing and dance. Production centers are easily recognized by drunks who get better at singing and grow more coordinated the more they drink.
    Nihil Refert

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Madbox View Post
    Druid's Delight: Wine made from fermented Goodberries. Restores a few HP.

Bardic Brandy: Take fruits from all over the land, ferment and distill. Has a tendency to make people want to sing and dance. Production centers are easily recognized by drunks who get better at singing and grow more coordinated the more they drink.
    scaling bonus to perform check thats good way to make bard drunk so he sings better then he is sober

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Wizard's Elixir: A beer mixed with several spell components. Has been known to cause random magical effects.

Rogue's Ale: ale that has been made with cheap spices and a potion of invisibility. Has been a long favorite of the criminal underworld.
    I'm a Lawful Good Human Paladin
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave
    — The Acts of Iomedae, Pathfinder
    Quote Originally Posted by Quibbilcious View Post
    I lost my artistic license after getting stuck in a poetry jam.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Troll Grog:

Pretty much straight mercury/quicksilver with juniper berries.
    Pretty much poisonous to all non-Trolls.
    Believed by some to have been invented solely for Dwarves to consume "on a dare".

Quote Originally Posted by 8BitNinja View Post
    Elvish Wine: A very sweet and mellow drink famous for its low alcohol content. Tastes like grape juice to humans and pretty much is grape juice to orcs and dwarves.
    Note to self:
    Easy to out drink Elves
    Possible reason for so many "half-elves".

Dwarvish Mead: A hardy drink for real men! One of the strongest brews in the material planes, imported straight from the mountain halls themselves. WARNING: Do not drink if you have a CON score below 9
    Note to self:
    Difficult to out drink Dwarves.
    Possible reason for absence/rarity of "half-dwarves.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Note to self:
    Easy to out drink Elves
    Possible reason for so many "half-elves".
    …was hoping not to see date-rape "jokes" in this thread.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Kobold Fried Cockatrice.

Deep fried cockatrice pieces seasoned with 13 secret herbs and spices.

Claw lickin' food.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaerou View Post
    Kobold Fried Cockatrice.

Deep fried cockatrice pieces seasoned with 13 secret herbs and spices.

Claw lickin' food.
    thats good

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Generic Human Beer: Literally just regular, mundane beer.

Goliath Mountain Ale: A famous Goliath drink, this potent brew is made with exotic mountain herbs and roots, then left in a deep mountain cave to ferment. Also popular among giantkin.
    I do homebrew now, apparently!
    Oath of Asceticsim (5e Paladin Archetype)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Sundew: Made by the monks of a monastery high in the mountains. The process involves meditating upon the glory of the sunrise as the dew forms before dawn, then shaking the dew off into barrels alongside grapes for fermentation. Supposedly divinely transcendent in flavor.

Wardraught: A heavy, but flavorful brew served to soldiers during long sieges or before long marches. Served cold, it sinks into the gut and keeps a soldier's head cool during a fight. Served warm, it spreads into the limbs to keep them moving and help resist fatigue.

Crushed Wine: A genius drunken master invented this product, which is made from the juice of several fruits all pressed at once. The fruits are collected in the bottom of a large vat, with a heavy stone slab balanced precariously above. The monk in charge of production then strikes the slab with a shout, sending it crashing into the fruit at top speed, pulping it all instantly. This is said to preserve more of the fruit flavors.
    Punster, straight as an aro, collector of hats.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

Uncle Satan's Fiery Pork Snacklin's

Strips of pigskin roasted in the fires of the Nine Hells, with a BBQ rub made from the souls of the tormented, the tears of the guilty, and paprika. They've been to hell and back to bring you this snack.
    Spoiler: things in which I used to be involved before i was claimed by the great pestilence of exams
    Show
    The One Sane Drow (Vergil: Drow Sorcerer 5, CN)
    The Uprise (IC/OOC) (Ker'anson: Drow Arcane Spellcaster 4, NE)

Running Total Of Things I've Critically Hit That Jormengand Didn't Want Me To Critically Hit: 3

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Drow Draught: a dark whiskey that has been mixed with cinnamon and spider venom. Considered a high class drink by anyone with resistance to poison.
    Justice and honor are a heavy burden for the righteous. We carry this weight so that the weak may grow strong and the meek grow brave

13. - Top - End - #43

No poison resistance needed - many venoms won't do anything when ingested (absent the presence of ulcers and such); they generally have to be injected into the bloodstream to have an effect.
    Last edited by TheCountAlucard; 2016-08-05 at 01:46 AM.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    "jokes" in this thread.
    Sorry if it read that way. I thought I was referring to the "beer goggles" effect, and that the lawful Dwarves just don't get (or maybe can't get) so inebriated that they settle for non-Dwarves, whereas the chaotic Elves (and Orcs) are quick to.
    Sadly Dwarves are constantly pestered by non-Dwarves hoping to "get digging" as shown by these quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    all I said was that RAW dwarves were generally hotter than elves, and this somehow snowballed into working out the length of an elven or if they instead go into heat (using the time the Phoenix King has to reside with the Ever queen to approximate the value).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanuki Tales View Post
    Those that have male dwarves as hirsute, brawny, manly men and dwarven women as thick, warrior maidens?

Different strokes for different folks and I'd take a dwarven lass over a flighty elf any day, at least she wouldn't break easy.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Ranger's Beer: a handcrafted beer mixed with the closest available spices to the brewer. Refers more to a brewing technique than an actual drink.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by hymer View Post
    Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol' Janx Spirit.
    Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V (Oh, that Santragian seawater! Oh, those Santragian fish!)
    Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzine is lost).
    Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it, in honor of all those happy hikers who have died of pleasure in the Marshes of Fallia.
    Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract, redolent of all the heavy odors of the dark Qalactin Zones, subtle, sweet, and mystic.
    Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger. Watch it dissolve, spreading the fires of the Algolian Suns deep into the heart of the drink.
    Sprinkle Zamphuor.
    Add an olive.
    Drink... but... very carefully...
    Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters!...although I'm not sure you'd be able to afford even one of those things in a traditional fantasy setting...

Black Pearl's Rum: A drink favored by pirates--when stored on a ship, it never goes bad and has very few intoxicating effects. However, if consumed on land, the imbiber will pass out after one or two shots, and wakes up consumed with the sudden urge to sail out onto the Seven Seas (or however many there are) and start a life of piracy. For this reason, the port authorities are quite content to leave it be while it's sitting in the hold of a pirate ship, even if it's illegal.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Let us not forget the pub food to go with it.

Basilisk-cheese sandwich. A grilled cheese sandwich made with cheese curdled by the gaze of a basilisk.

(Used in one campaign I ran as 1/3 of a cure for lycanthropy.)
    You really expect me to believe that one of the ingredients isn't the hair of the dog that bit you? *rimshot* Wait, what was that noise?
    If you feel like quoting something that I have said, you have my permission to use it. Unless it makes me look stupid.
    Gaming Laws, Fallacies And More
    My Homebrew
    Feel free to browse and comment on any of my Homebrew. I enjoy feedback.
    Love my Avatar? Well, why not check out the comic that it came from?

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Cleric's Draught: Tequila mixed with holy water. A great drink and weapon against the undead. Do not drink on duty

Fairy Wine: The lightest drink ever brewed, alcohol content is so low, elves consider it grape juice.

Lizardman's Liquid: Whiskey mixed with coffee and heated. Popular among the cold blooded community.

19. - Top - End - #49

Not a drink, but I've had the d=idea 0f poison immune demons using mustard gas as an artificial flavoring agent.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

WoTC Forums Archive + Indexing Projext

PostImage, a free and sensible alternative to Photobucket

Temple+ Modding Project for Atari's Temple of Elemental Evil

Morrus' RPG Forum (EN World v2)

20. - Top - End - #50

*Slaadi wine - whatever organic matter happens to be available mashed up and left in a big pot with yeast

*Abysm libre - This is cocaine dissolved in purified ethanol. Popular in the abyss.

*Whenever possible, dwarven liquor is distilled over an active volcano

*Baatoran liquor is brewed to very exact specifications. Drunkenness is mandatory. You will brawl with your assigned antagonist and then report to the drunk tank.
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2016-08-08 at 12:12 AM.
    "If you want to understand biology don't think about vibrant throbbing gels and oozes, think about information technology" -Richard Dawkins

Omegaupdate Forum

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Alignment Liquor: a magical whiskey that changes based on the drinker's alignment.

Lawful Good: Sweet like molasses, but still bold and has that whiskey flavoring

Neutral Good: A nice smooth flavor. Has the faint taste of mesquite.

Chaotic Good: Has a fruit flavor mixed in. Not traditional, but still good nonetheless

Lawful Neutral: Tastes like normal whiskey

True Neutral: I don't know, neither do I care.

Chaotic Neutral: tastes like a harder beer, completely nontraditional

Lawful Evil: Extremely Bitter, but still tastes like whiskey

Neutral Evil: Has the taste of poison mixed in. Doesn't kill, just tastes nasty

Chaotic Evil: literally tastes like urine. Has kept many connoisseurs from becoming CE

22. - Top - End - #52

Mechanus Wine - Served in a square glass, this wine causes you to become obsessive-compulsive instead of drunk

Various Abyssal drinks:
    *Falling Star - Similar to absinthe but with a much higher wormwood content
    *Liz Bathory- Vodka, Belladonna, Hen's Bane, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco sauce, piri piri sauce, beef bouillon, wasabi, celery, olives, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, lemon juice, ranch dressing, celery salt, blood
    *Wolfman- Brandy, muriatic acid, a puppy dog, an orphan
    *Lurch- Champagne, diethyl ether, and 1-(1-phencyclohexyl)piperidine mixed together in a lead flask
    Last edited by Bohandas; 2016-08-09 at 01:41 AM.

Omegaupdate Forum

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Dragonfire Whiskey

Warning may cause spontanious cumbustion. Made by only the finest dwarven brewmaster and is a closely guarded secret. Bottle may explode and burn through ground if dropped.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Celestial Brandy: A drink with an indescribable, yet amazing taste. Brewed with stars and mixed with clouds found on Mount Celestial.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

Drider Delight: (Also known by my party as "Oh god no." and my DM as "So help me if you poison my players one more time...")
    Ages for around 1000 years within an old oak tree, this delightful drink is made with:
    - 24 blackberries
    - 2 cups Brandy from the finest of brewers,
    - 1/3 cup elven ale,
    -a swig of hill dwarf rum,
    -at least 2 cups of spider venom (For mine I use black-widow venom),
    -of coarse dry yeast
    and kept in a sack of demon skin tied together with spider silk. A taste that takes time to get use to, it has an under tone of fruit flavor along with a oak flavor, copperish-green in color. This powerful concoction is not for the weak minded or weak of health.
    *Warning: Must roll Nat 20 for this not to go so, so very wrong.*

And of coarse to go with it a nice pig skin (No not orc) sandwich with horse radish mustard.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Troll in the Playground

Half Elf Wine: A mix of normal human and elvish wine. Tastes pretty weird.

27. - Top - End - #57

How about a wine made from the motile fruit of the orcwort tree

Omegaupdate Forum

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Playing a Ravenloft campaign right now with a Cleric of Olidammara who's maxing out Profession: Brewer. Right now she's trying to figure out how to make beer made from holy water with a garlic infusion. I'm thinking of calling it the "Van Richten Special."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Ogre Beer: Beer mixed with swamp water. Only ogres like it.

30. - Top - End - #60

It might be worth taking a look at the game Wasted: A Post-Apocalyptic Pub Crawler

Omegaupdate Forum