New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Where fandom is first repeatedly betrayed, then allowed to decay and fester, hunched and cowled figures now lurk in the darkness, praying for Acnologia, the Apocalypse Dragon, to bring a clean end to a once great work.

Yes, it is the 4th and most likely last Fairy Tail thread, were we switch between complaining about a chapter, moaning about the lost times or once in a rare while points out a brief glimmer of a former time in a sea of filler.

Last in FT Gildarts have once more returned, looking badass and starting what will no doubt become a riot of the opposing force despite FT being outnumbered by about 1 to 100.

Edit.
    List of prayers to Acnologia.

The name of this thread, is horribly apt. Arrive and saves us Acnologia, the one true savior of Fairy Tail.
    By the end of this series everyone will be praying to Acnologia to end it. And he'll look down and whisper no, because that would be a true sign of the end of days.
    He did, and further more he's been headed this way for a while. Thus our prayers to the Apocalypse Dragon to just END THIS. Its getting to the point where even as a trainwreck isn't enjoyable.
    Anyway... I hope and pray Zodi is wrong on the last bit because there is a MUCH better way to kill a giant dragon that just appeared on the battle field: Please come, our savior, and and this ludicrous battle. We need to get somewhere else and to the end of this story.
    (Also, he could eat the meteor but I guess that will be Erza's job.)
    Last edited by lord_khaine; 2017-01-24 at 04:39 PM.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Spoiler
    Show

Bunch of minor stuff... Eileen is slowly killing/extracting Mavis' magic and Zeref totally does not care, obviously.
    Neinhart has... some relation to Erza and Eileen? Onii-chan?

Fights are happening.

Gray is the only one somewhat resistant to Invel's cold. Well, we'll see how he beats him next time, I guess.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Bunch of minor stuff... Eileen is slowly killing/extracting Mavis' magic and Zeref totally does not care, obviously.
    Neinhart has... some relation to Erza and Eileen? Onii-chan?

Fights are happening.

Gray is the only one somewhat resistant to Invel's cold. Well, we'll see how he beats him next time, I guess.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The good news is Gray always has Actually Good Stuff, so the next couple of chapters might actually be good.

That being said **** I never want to see Mavis looking like she is in that last panal ever again please? She's all twisted and she's drooling frm her mouth and crying from her eyes and it's the exact most uncomfortable thing to have, especially when it's a plot point that she's basically been mind controlled by ice and is currently chained up on a table.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Well shoot, thats actually a more or less decent chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

And i think we would have been a bit more positive about it, if not because the last years have made most of us quite a bit jaded.
    It is also slightly annoying that we yet again get creation magic vs creation magic. Even if it did made a sort of sense that Gray were the only one that could resist the extreme winter magic, due to natural cold resistance.

Also, what do people think went on about Erza!mom seemingly sending someone to kill the person we suspect are her daughter?
    A test?

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well shoot, thats actually a more or less decent chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

And i think we would have been a bit more positive about it, if not because the last years have made most of us quite a bit jaded.
    It is also slightly annoying that we yet again get creation magic vs creation magic. Even if it did made a sort of sense that Gray were the only one that could resist the extreme winter magic, due to natural cold resistance.

Also, what do people think went on about Erza!mom seemingly sending someone to kill the person we suspect are her daughter?
    A test?
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm dreading the possibility that Neinhart is actually Simon. I don't know why it's just a thought that crosses my mind

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That being said **** I never want to see Mavis looking like she is in that last panal ever again please? She's all twisted and she's drooling frm her mouth and crying from her eyes and it's the exact most uncomfortable thing to have, especially when it's a plot point that she's basically been mind controlled by ice and is currently chained up on a table.
    Yeah, Hiro is good at making people suffer... and this time it's not done like with Erza in Tartaros....

Spoiler
    Show

A test?
    Pretty sure she is just that evil until ecposed to a healthy dose of LOVE Power...

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm dreading the possibility that Neinhart is actually Simon. I don't know why it's just a thought that crosses my mind
    Wait, what? How? I was guessing brother but.... not sure which of these is more crazy.
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #7

Yeah, Hiro is good at making people suffer... and this time it's not done like with Erza in Tartaros.....
    Truth be told this is the only reason why I don't want him to embrace his inner self and just draw H stuff if he wants to do it.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Truth be told this is the only reason why I don't want him to embrace his inner self and just draw H stuff if he wants to do it.
    Well.. i though Ft had taught us you should follow your dreams, so clearly Hiro should move on to Fairy Tail, XXX. It can only improve the stories :P

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Well.. i though Ft had taught us you should follow your dreams, so clearly Hiro should move on to Fairy Tail, XXX. It can only improve the stories :P
    I dont want another train wreck like queens blade( both rebelion and main series) if you want to introduce character like lunaluna be my f ing guest this manga needs more fan service( and juvia as permanent ice statue in gray's garden)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    =Ice and Dark]
    So, not a terrible chapter, I guess. Ice Make is useless but Devil Slaying somewhat works... Invel is still far ahead and uses makes Gray and Juvia fight. Yeah, like that is going to happen... (I can't believe Juvia stayed serious and didn't cheer when she was chained to Gray)

Gray is turning evil, er dark... Didn't we do that like a year ago already? And nothing came of it?

Brandish takes the main three away so they don't interfer.

And... Invel wants Zeref dead? Is that like the old "fulfill Zeref's wish" dead or "he's a bastard and must die" dead?
    "What's done is done."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    =Ice and Dark]And... Invel wants Zeref dead? Is that like the old "fulfill Zeref's wish" dead or "he's a bastard and must die" dead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does he? I thought that Natsu will die if Zeref dies, but I don't recall it being said that it works the other way around.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Does he? I thought that Natsu will die if Zeref dies, but I don't recall it being said that it works the other way around.
    Ah, my bad, I must have misread something there I think I switched up the subject and object in Invel's statement in my head... somehow.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #13

Ah, my bad, I must have misread something there I think I switched up the subject and object in Invel's statement in my head... somehow.
    I did that too as well don't worry.

Spoiler
    Show
    So...I actually quite like this chapter. We did the "becoming daaaark" before with Rogue and it went no where because a cute cat hugged him, but this one might actually be more possible? I don't know, but it certainly feels like a good chapter. I'm curious how Juvia will break out of these chains.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno.

We already did the "Juvia deliberately sacrifices herself while engaged in a forced fight with a fellow FT member" bit that they seem to be gearing up for, back in the Festival arc. I'm really feeling a lot of retreading going on right now, which is kind of frustrating.

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dunno.

We already did the "Juvia deliberately sacrifices herself while engaged in a forced fight with a fellow FT member" bit that they seem to be gearing up for, back in the Festival arc. I'm really feeling a lot of retreading going on right now, which is kind of frustrating.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, that's...true. I think Hiro's finally run out of steam. Note that Invel isn't even say, a Dragon Slayer or God Slayer or what ever. He's just "the best at ice magic ever".

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I on the other hand liked this chapter until the part where Natsu randomly broke free, and finished off the tension for good (even if it were a mercy killing).

And i were prepared to deliver several strong curses at the point where Gray then randomly got tied to Juvia, because i KNOW this is going to bash us in the head with a lot of cliches very soon.

That this guy is not some sort of slayer is actually one of the few positive things i could find. Personally i find it kinda tiresome how slayer magic keep getting pushed up as more or less The strongest and best magic for fighting.

17. - Top - End - #17

I on the other hand liked this chapter until the part where Natsu randomly broke free, and finished off the tension for good (even if it were a mercy killing).

And i were prepared to deliver several strong curses at the point where Gray then randomly got tied to Juvia, because i KNOW this is going to bash us in the head with a lot of cliches very soon.

That this guy is not some sort of slayer is actually one of the few positive things i could find. Personally i find it kinda tiresome how slayer magic keep getting pushed up as more or less The strongest and best magic for fighting.
    I agree with all of what you said and still find this a good chapter? Fairy Tail is weird.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

I agree with all of what you said and still find this a good chapter? Fairy Tail is weird.
    Its of course your right to think so, im going to go back to my basement though, enough sacrificies might summon the destroyer sooner

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hm... I can kind of see how magic made to destroy dragons, gods or devils would be especially powerful but yes, it certainly is overused. Especially the god and devil stuff, considering we never saw a god or devil..

As for Gray... As I said, we kind of did it already after the last time-skip but... maybe this wime it will lead somewhere. We'll see.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #20

Spoiler
    Show

Hm... I can kind of see how magic made to destroy dragons, gods or devils would be especially powerful but yes, it certainly is overused. Especially the god and devil stuff, considering we never saw a god or devil..

As for Gray... As I said, we kind of did it already after the last time-skip but... maybe this wime it will lead somewhere. We'll see.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe it's me being sleepy and thinking about romance in stories I'm writing, but maybe when Invel said "you'll stay locked like this until one of you remain" means they'll 'become one' to escape it.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Seen lots of demons. There are some natural ones on Galuna Island who actually are not bad folk. And others who were created by Zeref (The Book Demons) who mostly are bad. Heck Nastu is technically a demon. As for gods we so a big huge war god (Ikusa-Tsunagi) get summoned a while ago. But Nastu one shotted him. Another god Chronos, manifested in Dimaria, one the Empire's Spriggan 12. Chronos is beaten by Wendy and Sherria. That happened this arc.
    Member of the Giants in the Playground Forum Chapter for the Movement to Reunite Gondwana!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HandofShadows View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Seen lots of demons. There are some natural ones on Galuna Island who actually are not bad folk. And others who were created by Zeref (The Book Demons) who mostly are bad. Heck Nastu is technically a demon. As for gods we so a big huge war god (Ikusa-Tsunagi) get summoned a while ago. But Nastu one shotted him. Another god Chronos, manifested in Dimaria, one the Empire's Spriggan 12. Chronos is beaten by Wendy and Sherria. That happened this arc.
    Tsk, those were demons, not devils. (It's not my fault if FT can't keep its terminology straight)

And for the gods... can't blame me for forgetting something that gets one-shot like nothing. Puny gods don't count. And for the second... I'll kind of admit to that, but a soul take over still is less convincing than an actual god. The best I'd consider so far is The Celestial Spirit King...
    Of course here we do have again the problem between a polytheistic idea of what a god is and the tighter rules in profoundly Christian cultures. (You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

(You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)
    I guess the problem we are running in here, is that of course the serie is using the japanese definition of god. And that does not translate to well into the western definition.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Tsk, those were demons, not devils. (It's not my fault if FT can't keep its terminology straight)

And for the gods... can't blame me for forgetting something that gets one-shot like nothing. Puny gods don't count. And for the second... I'll kind of admit to that, but a soul take over still is less convincing than an actual god. The best I'd consider so far is The Celestial Spirit King...
    Of course here we do have again the problem between a polytheistic idea of what a god is and the tighter rules in profoundly Christian cultures. (You can't slap "god" on everything and consider it a deity)
    Devils and demons are the same thing in FT. In fact, they're interchangeable in most mythologies/settings with the very obvious exception of Dungeons and Dragons. So yeah, we've seen Devils/demons going all the way back to the Lullaby arc.

Can't fault you on forgetting about the sole god appearance though. That arc was pretty forgettable.

Back when "god-slaying" magic was first introduced I didn't know it was literal. I thought it just referred to an elemental user designed to be stronger than and counter dragon-slaying magic like with Zancrow vs Natsu. Obviously that's not the case now though.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Back when "god-slaying" magic was first introduced I didn't know it was literal. I thought it just referred to an elemental user designed to be stronger than and counter dragon-slaying magic like with Zancrow vs Natsu. Obviously that's not the case now though.
    And even more stupid, then its still unnececary. Unlike dragons, who so far have been shown to more or less ignore anything but DS magic, then gods can be killed without.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

New chapter.

Wow. I hope they don't mess up this sacrifice.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

I have my doubts...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Sadly, this is Fairy Tail....

Hiro, if you want to do me one effing favor, don't fix this! Just don't! I know it won't help but.. a sacrifice is only a sacrifice if something is lost, and not just for a dozen chapters.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: juvia's last move
    Show
    bi*ch pulled One's Own Life Reincarnation from naruto and blood bend his way in to gray's body
    so she is finally out of gray any character shipping picture know what hiro mashima gonna pull to replace her and please no resurrection magic to pull her back from dead please make this one permenet

and there is a chance gray may use water make magic on next chapter

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Sadly, this is Fairy Tail....

Hiro, if you want to do me one effing favor, don't fix this! Just don't! I know it won't help but.. a sacrifice is only a sacrifice if something is lost, and not just for a dozen chapters.
    whole heartily agree keep juvia dead and use her dead as emotional torque to make gray more powerful like he learns water magic to honor her sacrifice