1. - Top - End - #571
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Chapter 539 is out.

Hallelujah.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Titan in the Playground

It's the end of Rave Master all over again... and it's not looking significantly better than last time.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #573
    Colossus in the Playground

Praise be.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acnologia appears, having eaten the magic of the Ravines of Time, effectively becoming a Tardis? Point is he absorbs all the dragon slayers to have a fight within himself.

I think this was a good chapter, but I cannot tell.

4. - Top - End - #574
    Troll in the Playground

ask and you shall recive. prepare to diapoined again guys but atleast we get apocalipse dragon vs natsunomicon fight to cap this s*it fest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Lo and behold his power!
    I think I should figure out a proper prayer to our savior later...

Spoiler
    Show

I so wish this would end badly with Acnologia seriously destroying the world. But I guess we do get a massive him vs DS battle, possibly finally learning SOMETHING about his past, and why he was evil and how he will turn good again in his last moments... Right?

Anyway, chapter was decent even if not much happened. I guess this is like... five minutes worth of anime time. Basically him showing up and nuking everything. But I'd actually turn back to watching the anime just to see him do that.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #576
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Acnologia appears, having eaten the magic of the Ravines of Time, effectively becoming a Tardis? Point is he absorbs all the dragon slayers to have a fight within himself.

I think this was a good chapter, but I cannot tell.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like that this makes Zeref's choice to go back in time a bit less silly.

7. - Top - End - #577
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Well the latest chapter looks promising. Or it would if it weren't culminating this mess of an arc.

8. - Top - End - #578

Spoiler
    Show
    Five hundred and forty chapters.

Five hundred and FORTY chapters, and finally, FINALLY...the Dragon Slayers...are going to slay a dragon.

Like Jindra said, this'd be a cool "final battle start" chapter if it wasn't connected to the last arc, or really this series in general.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Five hundred and forty chapters.

Five hundred and FORTY chapters, and finally, FINALLY...the Dragon Slayers...are going to slay a dragon.

Like Jindra said, this'd be a cool "final battle start" chapter if it wasn't connected to the last arc, or really this series in general.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lets add one more reason why this battle won't be epic, cool, worth the hype, or anything on the good side of 'eh'. The what 6 chapter now countdown. A great writer could barely write a good conclusion to a story with this many characters in that time. Much less have TWO final showdowns and wrap things up.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2017-06-17 at 08:22 PM.

10. - Top - End - #580

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lets add one more reason why this battle won't be epic, cool, worth the hype, or anything on the good side of 'eh'. The what 6 chapter now countdown. A great writer could barely write a good conclusion to a story with this many characters in that time. Much less have TWO final showdowns and wrap things up.
    Spoiler
    Show
    God right the count down. It's impossible.

11. - Top - End - #581
    Troll in the Playground

Watch out for mlp shenanigans and <inseart true names> joining to fairy tail guild
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

It's weird how a heroic sacrifice loses its meaning without the dying...

I guess the one good thing was that line fueling the one good ship this manga has...
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    It's weird how a heroic sacrifice loses its meaning without the dying...

I guess the one good thing was that line fueling the one good ship this manga has...
    How is it weird? It's akin to saying let's raise the stakes in poker match, then losing, then saying "you know let's NOT raise the stakes".

It shows your actions don't have consequences.

14. - Top - End - #584
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Considering how low the raise in stakes was by those two it also shows there's not much danger for anyone else.

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    How is it weird? It's akin to saying let's raise the stakes in poker match, then losing, then saying "you know let's NOT raise the stakes".

It shows your actions don't have consequences.
    Yes but in regards to the achievement of the characters. If I go into a situation sure I will die, yet I survive for some poor reason, I haven't done anything less than if I actually die. Yet if people survive an attempt at a heroic sacrifice usually they will get less credit.
    I mean, I understand why, but it still feels unfair.
    "What's done is done."

16. - Top - End - #586
    Troll in the Playground

I'd disagree. Ichiya and Anna don't get less credit here; Hiro gets less credit.

The reason that someone surviving a heroic sacrifice doesn't get less credit is because they didn't know they were going to survive. They put it on the line and pushed ahead. But Hiro is the writer. He's not sacrificing anything by writing a heroic sacrifice and then not following through, because he controls the situation. He gets less credit for the same reason that someone would get less credit for charging towards danger and then changing their mind and running away.

17. - Top - End - #587

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

In this chapter, they outright contradict stuff that happened a billion years ago in comic time to asspull a solution to stopping Acnologia. "The First used Fairy Sphere to save us from destruction, the Power Of Friendship was never broken!"

Yes it ****ing was. You held hands and chanted "we believe in the power of friendship!" over and over and Acnologia BLEW YOU ALL UP and you only survived because Mavis teleported you away into a pocket dimension. This was outright said. This is why it took so long to return, and why you didn't age during that brief time skip. You have outright retconed one of the best scenes in the game so you can beat the enemy you made that was too powerful. Especially because we've been told there are only three Fairy spells, and we've seen them all.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

In this chapter, they outright contradict stuff that happened a billion years ago in comic time to asspull a solution to stopping Acnologia. "The First used Fairy Sphere to save us from destruction, the Power Of Friendship was never broken!"

Yes it ****ing was. You held hands and chanted "we believe in the power of friendship!" over and over and Acnologia BLEW YOU ALL UP and you only survived because Mavis teleported you away into a pocket dimension. This was outright said. This is why it took so long to return, and why you didn't age during that brief time skip. You have outright retconed one of the best scenes in the game so you can beat the enemy you made that was too powerful. Especially because we've been told there are only three Fairy spells, and we've seen them all.
    I hate to defend Hiro on that...
    Spoiler
    Show

But where are you getting your information from? I mean, I'd like it over what is happening but going back to when it was explained, from what we know, I guess we'll have to accept Hiro to know what he was talking about...
    Also, while I do agree, Hiro is inconsistent on this, I guess he doesn't really consider Heart a spell? So if you only take Law, Glitter and Sphere his count is still right...
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either but technically he is right. (And that is the best way to be right?)
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #589
    Ogre in the Playground

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hush now, Zodi. Soon, it will all be over

20. - Top - End - #590
    Pixie in the Playground

I dont see any new converts for the apocalypse dragon this week

21. - Top - End - #591
    Bugbear in the Playground

New chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: I'm afraid I disagree
    Show
    Granted, I've only seen the dubbed anime of that scene, but they weren't trying to defeat Acnolgia in it. Fairy Tail decided that since the Apocalypse Dragon was too much for them, they could at least die together as friends, so all the hand-holding and chanting was to keep up their spirits as the end came, rather than an attempt to kill Acnolgia with The Magic of Friendship.

Also, Acnolgia is now doing Aizen fingers. This displeases me greatly.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

22. - Top - End - #592

I hate to defend Hiro on that...
    Spoiler
    Show

But where are you getting your information from? I mean, I'd like it over what is happening but going back to when it was explained, from what we know, I guess we'll have to accept Hiro to know what he was talking about...
    Also, while I do agree, Hiro is inconsistent on this, I guess he doesn't really consider Heart a spell? So if you only take Law, Glitter and Sphere his count is still right...
    Don't get me wrong, I don't like it either but technically he is right. (And that is the best way to be right?)
    Maybe I was a bit too surly in how I said it.

Spoiler
    Show
    What I'm saying is that unless I'm mistaken, there is no indication at all that they survived Acnologia's death beam using a super special magical friendship shield spell. They survived it because Mavis pocket dimensioned them and they would of died otherwise.

But now it's just decided that Fairy Bubble is a thing.

23. - Top - End - #593
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by acheter View Post
    I dont see any new converts for the apocalypse dragon this week
    I think thats because everyone is already converted.

24. - Top - End - #594
    Troll in the Playground

Well my little pony ex machina would be hilariıus but can we f ing get the theme music power up portion of the last fight quickly. I want achnologia to join elements of harmony asap

25. - Top - End - #595
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Latest Chapter 7/3
    Show
    And with a limited number of chapters left, WE WASTE one confirming how badass the final boss is. SERIOUSLY!

26. - Top - End - #596
    Troll in the Playground

Show
    And with a limited number of chapters left, WE WASTE one confirming how badass the final boss is. SERIOUSLY!
    Spoiler: here comes the attempt
    Show
    well its funnily friendship is magic part in less then two chapter thoug if you ask me summoning fluttershy vla blood magic will be more effective since we have good sacrifice material called juvia on team so lets cut to the chase and sacrifice some bi*ches to apocalypse dragon and satisfy his lust for blood

27. - Top - End - #597

Show
    I wish Acnologia had a better series.

28. - Top - End - #598
    Titan in the Playground

I wish Acnologia had a better series.
    I wish a bunch of people had a better series..
    Well, we kinda move the plot along. We get the spell but the plan fails, partially. I wonder why Hiro feels the need to rush himself like this.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #599
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

I wish a bunch of people had a better series..
    Well, we kinda move the plot along. We get the spell but the plan fails, partially. I wonder why Hiro feels the need to rush himself like this.
    I'm not sure he is the one who made the choice to put a deadline.

30. - Top - End - #600

And now to finish the series off as quickly and unsatisfyingly as possible. Next week seems to be the final, two chapters out at once.