New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lantern View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you look at the clothes it looks the same used by Anna Heartfilia, Lucy ancestor from 400 years past, granted it may be a red herring, but it seems a safe bet.
    Spoiler: my freaking guess
    Show
    its the twin kids of lucy and natsu from future where they come to help the team or another theory she is descendant of natsu and lucy from few generations latter

so whats your idea
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Colossus in the Playground

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

The mystery lady is Lucy's ancestor, who came to the future. But since Lucy's mom died the gate ****ed up so the dragon kids got scattered. However, also because Lucy's Mom died, they kind of accidently created a time void where all existance ceases to exist if it enters it so...let's shove Acnologia into it.

Sigh.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

The mystery lady is Lucy's ancestor, who came to the future. But since Lucy's mom died the gate ****ed up so the dragon kids got scattered. However, also because Lucy's Mom died, they kind of accidently created a time void where all existance ceases to exist if it enters it so...let's shove Acnologia into it.

Sigh.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hm... while this is a legitimate reading of the last page I'm not sure if it is exactly what is being said But if so...Welcome the Void, that is, FT is now stealing from FF V, the possibly least famous entry in the FF main series. Okay, it's not exactly the same but close enough.

Also: Zeref is getting more crazy and Acnologia dog fights with an airplane. At least this will probably look cool in the show... if I was still following that,
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Welcome the Void, that is, FT is now stealing from FF V, the possibly least famous entry in the FF main series. Okay, it's not exactly the same but close enough.
    Silly, everyone knows 2 is the least famous entry. It's like the red-headed stepchild they don't like to talk about.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    Silly, everyone knows 2 is the least famous entry. It's like the red-headed stepchild they don't like to talk about.
    Hm.. II did get remade in both origins and dawn of souls, but I'll admit square didn't pick up the ability training mechanic... That's what western rpgs like Skyrim did a quarter of a century later. Okay, I guess earlier games did too and FF didn't come up with the idea.
    I guess it's hard to decide between the two, but their late coming out of Japan just seriously hurt their popularity.
    "What's done is done."

6. - Top - End - #486
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Chapter 530
    Show
    I... I'm torn. On one hand I want this to be fully explained, on the other I just want this to end. The plot twists for their own sake need to end. We really are way past the point of advancing the plot. Hopefully we have hit the end of this sudden exposition though.

7. - Top - End - #487

So let's look at what's going to happen here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Zeref's gonna do a time thingy with the time orange and it'll make it so that Acnologia doesn't die he just gets sent back in time to kill his family. Or it'll kill Acnologia, but his "essence" will still be there and Zeref will become Acnologia on getting back in time. Or SOMETHING along those lines.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

So let's look at what's going to happen here.
    Spoiler
    Show

What? no he just wanted to rewind time, do the true version of the time spell Urtear wanted to master, and return to before was cursed with immortality.

Natsu just rightly then points out how its more or less the same as him killing everyone else, and are kinda annoyed.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #489

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

What? no he just wanted to rewind time, do the true version of the time spell Urtear wanted to master, and return to before was cursed with immortality.

Natsu just rightly then points out how its more or less the same as him killing everyone else, and are kinda annoyed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is Zeref's literal words and intent, yes. But we know that the Ravines of Time is a mystical space orb of "we don't know what the **** it does other than erasing things" and our heroes are leading Acnologia to it just as Zeref is preparing to USE it to do TIME SHINANIGANS. I am theorizing at what is the most likely, most Fairy Tail esque direction this could go. That's all.

Natsu is right in that it would be killing them all, effectively, since it would create a new future, but I'm saying that the current future exists because of what is even going to happen in the first place.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

zeref-chan literally tempting fate right know
    Spoiler: what can happen
    Show

they gonna collide acnologia in to time stream while reading natsunomicon. If any one has inch of common sense this is begging to be go wrong from the start so we might see dr who pun on one of the next chapters
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Screw you, Natsu. What's your problem? Let Zeref fix the timeline, you'll probably just be fine because multiverse theory and stuff.

But Zeref is going to fail because Natsu must be right and because we know that is NOW how Acnologia is gonna die, we also know Pegasus will fail so this all was a giant waste of time.

Also: Do women keep their last name in Earthland or are we supposed to buy this whole Heartfilia ancestry thing is a huge coincidence if it goes from mother to daughter? (Also, Hiro now is sexist the other way round)
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #492
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Screw you, Natsu. What's your problem? Let Zeref fix the timeline, you'll probably just be fine because multiverse theory and stuff.

But Zeref is going to fail because Natsu must be right and because we know that is NOW how Acnologia is gonna die, we also know Pegasus will fail so this all was a giant waste of time.

Also: Do women keep their last name in Earthland or are we supposed to buy this whole Heartfilia ancestry thing is a huge coincidence if it goes from mother to daughter? (Also, Hiro now is sexist the other way round)
    @kato I think you are forgetting some thing mate zerefs plan uses undamaged timey wimey tangarine to go back and fix himself via probably wreck that gods church and giving himself go sign for returning their parents to life thing but since apocalypse dragon gonna collide with timey wimey tangarine and gray and lucy some how pulling mishima ex grimora, things gonna get f ed up real fast before this series pull 180 and become good again( there is higher chance that trump resigning from presidency then hiro accidentally fixing whole series).

13. - Top - End - #493

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

I think it's meant to be the former. Ladies give their name, it's not taken. Alternatively the Heartfilia family intentionally works this way to help with the time travel plot. But like I'm actually sure this is something Fairy Tail has touched on before, that in Earthland it goes "the man takes the ladies last name".

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Japanese culture, it's pretty common to have men take their wive's names if the wife's family is high-status or important. I think that we're supposed to assume that the Heartfilias are a traditionally important family, and that Lucy's direct ancestors didn't marry high-status men (IIRC, this was explicitly true of Lucy's father, who was a low-ranking merchant when he met Lucy's mom).

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Also: Do women keep their last name in Earthland or are we supposed to buy this whole Heartfilia ancestry thing is a huge coincidence if it goes from mother to daughter?
    Does not mean it has to be purely from mother to daughter all 400 years. And if Celestrial spirit magic passes in the family then it might have remained a very high status family the last 400 years.

But its not a guarantie there is multiverse theory, not if its working as an actual rewind. Zeref straight up said so, or at least it was not time travel. That is why he will more or less kill every living person. Or worse yet, make so that they has newer lived.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

I really need not post stuff when I'm in a foul mood, sorry. (I probably shouldn't post this now either then but it's way better than yesterday, so....)

Yes, I know Natsu kind of has a point there. And Zeref is an idiot for causing all this trouble with the goal of destroying reality. But from his PoV, he's making a better world. With, at least, Natsu in it. (I mean, time will tell if the others are in it, too)

And I think we did the Heartfilia discussion already. And again, I will say we have not really gotten an indication whether Earthland or Fiore runs on Japanese customs. I guess we can/ are meant to take this as evidence it does but frankly, it's just so we can have this whole heartfilia ancestry thing. Because I guess it would be too confusing if Anna had a different name (?)

I'm not going to say this was a great chapter but it was okay, and I guess my complaints a bit over the top.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show

I actually think we once again got a really good chapter. The plan to remove Acnologia were good, and not defeated by random power creep or plot armor of *just because*, but instead by someone else having sealed up the pit our heroes were trying to lure the dragon into.
    And i equally liked how they managed to shake the Apocalupse dragon off again. Both that all dragon Slayers eventually begins to suffer from extreme motion sickness, and the Airship having a magic crystal that prevents that were previously established.

If every chapter had been of this quality the cult of the Apocalypse dragon would have died out a long time ago..

18. - Top - End - #498

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show

I actually think we once again got a really good chapter. The plan to remove Acnologia were good, and not defeated by random power creep or plot armor of *just because*, but instead by someone else having sealed up the pit our heroes were trying to lure the dragon into.
    And i equally liked how they managed to shake the Apocalupse dragon off again. Both that all dragon Slayers eventually begins to suffer from extreme motion sickness, and the Airship having a magic crystal that prevents that were previously established.

If every chapter had been of this quality the cult of the Apocalypse dragon would have died out a long time ago..

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you're right.

that said...opening the book is apparently dragonizing Natsu. Even though he removed that dragon seed that makes him dragonize?

Honestly, I feel like this would be better if Zeref was gone so we could just focus on the good stuff.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Eh, I don't actually mind much here... The motion sickness bit seems like a weird joke but I'm fine with Zeref and all...
    Even with Natsu turning dragon. I mean, I don't think he just shrugged it off literally, but he decided the conflict wasn't really one. He still is dragon and demon and human and he may be able to utilize all of this freely..

Some complaint... Lucy, did you ever read a book? That's not a lot of words..

Also, why wanted Pegasus chick to strip?
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #500

Spoiler
    Show

Eh, I don't actually mind much here... The motion sickness bit seems like a weird joke but I'm fine with Zeref and all...
    Even with Natsu turning dragon. I mean, I don't think he just shrugged it off literally, but he decided the conflict wasn't really one. He still is dragon and demon and human and he may be able to utilize all of this freely..

Some complaint... Lucy, did you ever read a book? That's not a lot of words..

Also, why wanted Pegasus chick to strip?
    Spoiler
    Show

The reason why she wanted to strip is because the Pegasus guild is all about being various dating sim archetypes. They are mostly a guild about dating people and making them happy. They are worried they won't be able to actually attract Acnologia, to get him to follow perfectly, so she's like "I know I'll flash my tits, even though I really don't want to, to save the world." and that's basically just the most Fairy Tail sentence I've ever written.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

I think lucy just reboot natsu to factory setting via end book so half dragon half demon natsu can happening

22. - Top - End - #502
    Titan in the Playground

that said...opening the book is apparently dragonizing Natsu. Even though he removed that dragon seed that makes him dragonize?
    We are not certain he is actually Dragonizing though?
    I mean, Dragon slayers have always taken slight draconic traits when they have really drawn upon their powers. And Natsu is most likely powering up by pulling deeper on that power than he has ever done before?

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

I mean, Dragon slayers have always taken slight draconic traits when they have really drawn upon their powers. And Natsu is most likely powering up by pulling deeper on that power than he has ever done before?
    or he just get a system restore from book of end so he regains his both magic seeds back before their berserked state.

24. - Top - End - #504

His skin is doing the same stuff Irene's did so I'm just guessing here.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

It seems like it's just supposed to be dragon force to me.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Titan in the Playground

His skin is doing the same stuff Irene's did so I'm just guessing here.
    Laxus skin did more or less the same back in chapter 124 when he activated his DS magic, and he dont even have an actual dragon seed.

27. - Top - End - #507

Oh hey, two new chapters. Let's see how they ope-

****ing. We open on the time Zeref and Mavis ****ed. We open on the day they ****ed and procreated their child. This is the opening shots of this chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

The rest of the chapters are actually good, maybe? I can't really tell, after the Dragon Festival I can't really tell if this is "legit" or not. Zeref uses his ultimate super power plan to absorb Mavis' magic, essentially killing her, and uses it to...become a pretty magical girl. Huh. He has ultimate power over time and space so now he's gonna go to the rift in time and use it to reset time for the world.

We also get an idea of why Zeref is SO afraid of Acnologia. Even as an immortal, HE CANNOT BEAT HIM. He CANNOT conceive of a way to beat him, and Acnologia is kind of monsterous so he'll torture him unendingly.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Oh hey, two new chapters. Let's see how they ope-

****ing. We open on the time Zeref and Mavis ****ed. We open on the day they ****ed and procreated their child. This is the opening shots of this chapter.
    Hey, AT least it was consensual...

Spoiler
    Show

Eh, I won't complain too much... White Zeref is kind of interesting and while I feel Acnologia might be a bit... off on his power scale - I mean, Zeref can't beat him but he is still bothered by Pegasus? - but everything else... no, I'm happy with this, I'll admit.

Two other things:
    1) I guess it's sloppy translation but... what's Anna talking about "I might not look like [a celestial mage]?!
    2) Mira and Laxus?! What the eff did I miss?!
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. to be blunt.. why the **** does this matter? We know they had a child. We are all old enough to know where children comes from.
    *Shrugs* And it were honestly done rather tastefully, as well as used to build/show the relationship between Maevis and Zeref back then, instead of for shock value. In the end its something i mean add to the quality, not subtract from it.
    Show not tell and all that.

Spoiler
    Show
    2) Mira and Laxus?! What the eff did I miss?!
    What do you mean?

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Well.. to be blunt.. why the **** does this matter? We know they had a child. We are all old enough to know where children comes from.
    *Shrugs* And it were honestly done rather tastefully, as well as used to build/show the relationship between Maevis and Zeref back then, instead of for shock value. In the end its something i mean add to the quality, not subtract from it.
    Show not tell and all that.

Spoiler
    Show

What do you mean?

Okay, so I won't take either side... it's done in a tastful manner and it displays the bond they used to share... but this is FT and it has been bordering on hentai for a while and now we start out the chapter with an image of intercourse. Really?

@spoiler: The whole second (?) page is full of images of couples (N/L, G/J, G/L, E/E) and the last one is Mira and Laxus.
    Last edited by Kato; 2017-04-23 at 07:53 AM.
    "What's done is done."