New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Fairy Tail will be ending at the end of July.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Fairy Tail will be ending at the end of July.
    May be or maybe not this is hiro we are talking get ready to be shocked or disappoint so may be he is starfinder fan and next arc gonna be fairy tail in space opera
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    May be or maybe not this is hiro we are talking get ready to be shocked or disappoint so may be he is starfinder fan and next arc gonna be fairy tail in space opera
    Hiro said in an interview that he has two more volumes worth of stuff to go through.

It's ending far sooner than later.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapters from the void of time.

It's taken Zeref almost an hour to walk five steps through a ****ing door.
    Really? I must have missed that..
    But yeah, zeref should be done and the world fixed. No idea what is taking so long.
    Also, acnologia is still not done with these pests..
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

5. - Top - End - #545
    Troll in the Playground

Hiro said in an interview that he has two more volumes worth of stuff to go through.

It's ending far sooner than later.
    Depends on how many chapters in volume we might get small sub arc for zefef-chan when he decided to f with achnologia-chama so lets get oc ideas for succesor manga
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

6. - Top - End - #546
    Titan in the Playground

The countdown has begun... Ten more chapters.

Spoiler
    Show

We get a kind of epic scene of Anna and ichiya sacrificing themselves to kill his holiness. I'm sure this will be the last of him...

Also, Natsu beats zeref thanks to... Quite literally, the power of emotions. And then leaves him for Mavis to deal with... Hiro, please don't do what I expect...

So, while this, i.e. power of emotion in FT I still can't accept it somehow. I'm totally willing to accept it in TTGL, it's even okay e.g. in Digimon, but here... It just feels cheap, compared to better answers.
    "What's done is done."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post

Spoiler
    Show

We get a kind of epic scene of Anna and ichiya sacrificing themselves to kill his holiness. I'm sure this will be the last of him...

Also, Natsu beats zeref thanks to... Quite literally, the power of emotions. And then leaves him for Mavis to deal with... Hiro, please don't do what I expect...

So, while this, i.e. power of emotion in FT I still can't accept it somehow. I'm totally willing to accept it in TTGL, it's even okay e.g. in Digimon, but here... It just feels cheap, compared to better answers.
    later aniki says natsu to f ing big bad of the series like this is dragon ball super( slow clap to do el mundo)

8. - Top - End - #548

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    This noble sacrifice would be cool if Anna was a character at all, and if Ichiya was a character with any real redeaming qualities. I'll be honest, this is actually a pretty good chapter, it just sucks because...it's this weird combination of "there are ten chapters left there is no way any of this is going to stick, for good or ill, because what are the next ten chapters going to be?" and "well that's a pretty definitive ending so it's clear the next ten chapters are gonna be Mavis dealing with Zeref and Lucy dealing with the book of Natsu and that's it".

So...I guess that's it for our lord and savior. Good speed Acnologia. And now for the part where Mavis beats Zeref using the power of love, which is to say...I think she might try to **** him? Look, she said she had a super perfect ultimate plan after seeing Lucy's breasts defeat that stupid assassin guy, so whatever Mavis's plan is it's going to be perverted, stupid, and WORK.

9. - Top - End - #549
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This noble sacrifice would be cool if Anna was a character at all, and if Ichiya was a character with any real redeaming qualities. I'll be honest, this is actually a pretty good chapter, it just sucks because...it's this weird combination of "there are ten chapters left there is no way any of this is going to stick, for good or ill, because what are the next ten chapters going to be?" and "well that's a pretty definitive ending so it's clear the next ten chapters are gonna be Mavis dealing with Zeref and Lucy dealing with the book of Natsu and that's it".

So...I guess that's it for our lord and savior. Good speed Acnologia. And now for the part where Mavis beats Zeref using the power of love, which is to say...I think she might try to **** him? Look, she said she had a super perfect ultimate plan after seeing Lucy's breasts defeat that stupid assassin guy, so whatever Mavis's plan is it's going to be perverted, stupid, and WORK.
    Spoiler
    Show

Eh... I'll agree on Anna being just... somebody but Ichiya has some character. And while yeah, he's mostly comic relief, I kind of feel bad for him. I mean, he's not Bon Clay but still.

I just wonder how his Majesty will return. Probably eat these ravines and become the ultimate all devouring god of everything and then he will crush existence and the gods and everything in his mighty palm. Er, claw.

Also: Yes, Mavis is going to ***** Zeref. Absolutely. Maybe Hiro will not be explicit about it but it will happen and it will turn out all Zeref needed to be happy was to get shagged.
    "What's done is done."

10. - Top - End - #550

Spoiler
    Show

Eh... I'll agree on Anna being just... somebody but Ichiya has some character. And while yeah, he's mostly comic relief, I kind of feel bad for him. I mean, he's not Bon Clay but still.

I just wonder how his Majesty will return. Probably eat these ravines and become the ultimate all devouring god of everything and then he will crush existence and the gods and everything in his mighty palm. Er, claw.

Also: Yes, Mavis is going to ***** Zeref. Absolutely. Maybe Hiro will not be explicit about it but it will happen and it will turn out all Zeref needed to be happy was to get shagged.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note: Again. Shagged again. If Mavis and his kiss killed Mavis, then another kiss should kill him, right?

11. - Top - End - #551
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I seriously disagree with the bit about Ichiya. Yes he might have been part of a lot of jokes. But he has also several times shown himself as a man with a huge and heroic heart. He has clearly been a great and beloved mentor for the members of Blue Pegasus. And this sacrifice is honestly not out of character for him.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #552

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I seriously disagree with the bit about Ichiya. Yes he might have been part of a lot of jokes. But he has also several times shown himself as a man with a huge and heroic heart. He has clearly been a great and beloved mentor for the members of Blue Pegasus. And this sacrifice is honestly not out of character for him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eeeh I'm just not a big fan of him. I might be conflating him with the cat that is just him but also a cat though.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Chapter 537
    Show
    Well I thought after sticking for a couple of dozen chapters that a death would stick. But hey we have another one that might. And Zeref can't help making bloody obvious statements. But hey we might be at a conclusion.

14. - Top - End - #554
    Titan in the Playground

I actually think this chapter was worse than anything we got out of Bleach. Bleach at least had the excuse that they were given the ax. FT doesn't have that excuse.

15. - Top - End - #555

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Spoiler: Chapter 537
    Show
    Well I thought after sticking for a couple of dozen chapters that a death would stick. But hey we have another one that might. And Zeref can't help making bloody obvious statements. But hey we might be at a conclusion.
    Spoiler
    Show

To be fair that's because he's an immortal that's written poorly.

So. Makarov is not dead. Zeref and Mavis are gone. Acnologia is dead.

What the **** is left for the next nine chapters?

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

To be fair that's because he's an immortal that's written poorly.

So. Makarov is not dead. Zeref and Mavis are gone. Acnologia is dead.

What the **** is left for the next nine chapters?
    Spoiler
    Show

Acnologia coming back.. All kinds of people making out... More dead getting resurrected... Hm... Maybe some more flashbacks...?
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #557

Spoiler
    Show

Acnologia coming back.. All kinds of people making out... More dead getting resurrected... Hm... Maybe some more flashbacks...?
    Spoiler
    Show

Judging from the chapter title my guess si "dealing with the fact that Lucy is gettin' messed up by Natsu's power because of her writing his personal code."

I can totally see them doing some weird with that by the way. Lucy literally has the very fabric of Natsu's being at the tip of her fingers.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    So "love" is some kind of switch you can turn on and off? At first Zeref was fine, but then Mavis loves him so now he's dying. And then he loves Mavis so she dies too (a second time!). And Makarov comes back to life because the two of them can just do that on their way out.

Wow. That just doesn't work for me.

Hopefully the resolution of Lucy/Natsu will be handled better. Still don't quite understand what all that book writing stuff was about but I suppose we'll find out next chapter.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

19. - Top - End - #559

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So "love" is some kind of switch you can turn on and off? At first Zeref was fine, but then Mavis loves him so now he's dying. And then he loves Mavis so she dies too (a second time!). And Makarov comes back to life because the two of them can just do that on their way out.

Wow. That just doesn't work for me.

Hopefully the resolution of Lucy/Natsu will be handled better. Still don't quite understand what all that book writing stuff was about but I suppose we'll find out next chapter.
    Spoiler
    Show

The idea is that because of their status as immortals, it takes a true and total act of love to "prove" to the curse that they're in love, because it's some kind of messed up evil test thing in curse form. It's apparently doled out by a God of Life and Death so it makes sense, a little? Mavis was always under the impression that what Zeref felt for her was passion, not love...and for the most part, up until that final kiss that killed her briefly, it WAS just that. It's why they had the water pond sex, they just really wanted to bone. But that kiss was Zeref telling Mavis that "I truly love you". But for Mavis...she still wasn't sure she loved him back. And so she died, and Zeref lived. Now, they are both expressing that love, because Zeref has always truly loved her, he's just been hiding it as a way to avoid his Curse of Contradiction. Like how he's able to exist around all those people, people who actually kind of like him and he likes back, by thinking of them as meerly pawns. But with Mavis's confession that she cannot kill him, because she loves him too much to die, was enough to make him give up on hiding. Mavis's cries for him to die, wishing him ill, were her attempt at hiding from the Curse in an attempt to keep him alive so she could be with him. And so the Curse of Contradiction killed them both.

Makarov coming back to life has nothing to do with that he just always saw them dance off into the afterlife and it's ****ing stupid.

As for the Lucy/Natsu thing, Natsu is not a real human boy. He's a demon, and the END book is basically...him. It is his Character Sheet, to use DND terms. Lucy saw that he had died and just erased the zero in his HP and replaced it with a full number. Then she modified some other stuff to make it so that he could deliver a fatal blow to Zeref. Now she's getting consumed by Natsu's fire because shockingly, editing the very fabric of a person's being is a tough thing to do.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Troll in the Playground

you know i think i said in the past makarov some how gonna be guild master in the sequel about kids and look what we have bastard survives from pulling death thrones / death curse on army worth of mooks.

21. - Top - End - #561
    Titan in the Playground

Mashima is so creatively bankrupt he's remaking the ending of Rave Master again. Eight more chapters to go, the suspense is killing me.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

Urgh, I still haven't read RM... Not sure if I want to.

But yeah, not much good to say about this chapter. We'll see where this goes then...
    "What's done is done."

23. - Top - End - #563

But yeah, not much good to say about this chapter. We'll see where this goes then...
    I don't remember the ending of RM beyond "Sieg went back in time to stop a thing and they found his skeletonized corpse and got sad" and then they won and it was kinda bad.

Spoiler
    Show
    This chapter...Natsu gets Nia'd and a crack starts to appear in the sky above Wendy and the others. It's time for a sudden plot thread to happen.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I guess I forgot all about the plot of Rave Master because I was genuinely caught off guard by that. Was fully expecting a magical happy ending up til the last few panels.

I only have two guesses for the crack in the sky. Acnologia, or Natsu. Maybe both, because space time dimension friendship magic.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Titan in the Playground

Why bother. You've already read it once when it was called Fairy Tail. Basically the same characters. Literally the same ending.

26. - Top - End - #566

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Why bother. You've already read it once when it was called Fairy Tail. Basically the same characters. Literally the same ending.
    Enough of Rave Master is different and good enough for me to at least be like "if you like Fairy Tail when it's good check out Rave Master since it's more consistent". I just really like Lee and Musica alright?

27. - Top - End - #567
    Banned

You know, I'm confident I've never read Rave Master, but when I looked it up just now that little dog/mascot thing looks incredibly familiar. Is it from something else?

28. - Top - End - #568
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    You know, I'm confident I've never read Rave Master, but when I looked it up just now that little dog/mascot thing looks incredibly familiar. Is it from something else?
    No, it's just one of Hiro's characters that made the move between Rave Master to Fairy Tail.

29. - Top - End - #569

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    What Razade is trying to say is that early on in Fairy Tail, the Dog star sign summon key she uses...is pure Puar from Rave Master. It's very silly and out of place and gets removed rather swiftly, never to be seen again.

30. - Top - End - #570
    Banned

That explains it. Thanks for telling me.