New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Perhaps some of those comments should have been in spoiler tags?
    Just.. at least for the actual day when the manga gets translated..?

Spoiler
    Show

Though wow, its rare that i say this, but that was actually a badass chapter. Even if i dont think this will stick any longer than Gajeel getting banished did.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

2. - Top - End - #32
    Colossus in the Playground

yeah guys jesus, use spoiler tags. I realize Fairy Tail is often not a series that really deserves it, but lets treat it with SOME respect. And the fans, too.

Spoiler
    Show
    So, on the one hand, this is Fairy Tail. No one dies ever. But on the other hand, "the typical rules of Fairy Tail don't affect Gray because he's the only character who's got character growth and an arc". His Dad died and he got demon ice powers, he had that early arc with Leon where "things actually happened that stayed happened", his relationship with Juvia actually grew and developed. When it comes to Gray, he's the only character who DOES have stuff that actually "sticks" so...we'll see.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Not to say maybe we shouldn't have used spoiler tags but
    a) it is monday aka Fairy Tail update day, i.e. I don't even look in the thread until I checked the chapter and
    b) it was super obvious there would be some sacrifice from what happened last time. I didn't even say what happened, come on

Spoiler
    Show

sidenote: I can't remember Juvia's magic being called Water make before. It's also because her magic by far exceeds Gray's by basically making her a Logia user. Then again... go, blood bender Juvia?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Not to say maybe we shouldn't have used spoiler tags but
    a) it is monday aka Fairy Tail update day, i.e. I don't even look in the thread until I checked the chapter and
    b) it was super obvious there would be some sacrifice from what happened last time. I didn't even say what happened, come on

Spoiler
    Show

sidenote: I can't remember Juvia's magic being called Water make before. It's also because her magic by far exceeds Gray's by basically making her a Logia user. Then again... go, blood bender Juvia?
    I was talking more to the people who said it outright.

Spoiler
    Show
    It's not, this is her own new magic style she made from training with Gray. Her regular water is just...her water body stuff.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, it is the day where it generally comes out, but some sites are ˝ a day after others. And it has generally been good taste to spoiler the first 3-4 comments on a new chapter if it was the same day it had come out.

Spoiler
    Show

Regarding Juvia, then i really, really dont think Hiro has the balls to actually kill off such a beloved character. Not any more.
    So my personal prediction is that Gray has frozen/cooled Juvia's body down, so that she wont die from her injury before she can get a blood transfusion.

It is kinda interesting though, that we yet again get teased with the idea about it being Gray who should slay END.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Yeah, it is the day where it generally comes out, but some sites are ˝ a day after others. And it has generally been good taste to spoiler the first 3-4 comments on a new chapter if it was the same day it had come out.

Spoiler
    Show

Regarding Juvia, then i really, really dont think Hiro has the balls to actually kill off such a beloved character. Not any more.
    So my personal prediction is that Gray has frozen/cooled Juvia's body down, so that she wont die from her injury before she can get a blood transfusion.

It is kinda interesting though, that we yet again get teased with the idea about it being Gray who should slay END.

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, that's something we've had for a long time from since before we even knew Natsu WAS END. Gray is his rival, and "I'm the only one allowed to defeat you, Natsu".

It does make the inevitable clash between them actually kind of exciting though. Also yeah you've definitely knocked it out of the ball park on what they'll do. Juvia actually survived stabbing herself, but Gray SUCCEEDED at his suicide attempt, which means Juvia's water make spell went off, and he survives, giving hm enough time to freeze her solid so she can be healed once she's defrosted.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly, that's something we've had for a long time from since before we even knew Natsu WAS END. Gray is his rival, and "I'm the only one allowed to defeat you, Natsu".

It does make the inevitable clash between them actually kind of exciting though. Also yeah you've definitely knocked it out of the ball park on what they'll do. Juvia actually survived stabbing herself, but Gray SUCCEEDED at his suicide attempt, which means Juvia's water make spell went off, and he survives, giving hm enough time to freeze her solid so she can be healed once she's defrosted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly having read Rave Master and the number of things that seemed to just be re-using Reina's death scene, having Metallica 2.0 Gray succeed at saving her where Metallica failed would be actually in some way rather satisfying and quite meaningful. That said, Reina was one of the few deaths in Rave Master which stuck (honestly I think as many if not more have stuck in FT than Rave Master), and the largest character who actually stayed dead, so Juvia's death is the only type of non-villain on villain death we know Hiro will occasionally stick to, but she is a much larger character than Reina was.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Eff you, Hiro
    Show

ONE WEEK! ONE GODFORSAKEN WEEK! Maybe I should be glad he's not trying to deceive us for too long but even before Gray can say how nothing can bring her back, you bring her the eff back.

Also, Natsu defeats powerful people because he doesn't know the meaning of pulling out. Nothing new but I wish more often we'd get better explanations. Gray beating Invel almost is good, we know he is good at adopting new ice powers, it's just way too rushed. The other Fairies also get beaten badly.

Otherwise... are we really supposed to believe Gray will seriously fight Natsu? To the death?
    "What's done is done."

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, he didn't make it stick. Gasp. But it was a pretty logical reaction to having the healer and the seer together. So by the standards of Fairy Tail it wasn't that much of a Deus Ex Machina.

Natsu was Natsu, and even though I know logically that his half was half the chapter, my brain is focusing entirely on the Gray section.

Ah well. It was a bit of a cop out, but I like Juvia, so I'll let it slide.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say that I called it, but I feel that predicting that Juvia won't die is as impressive as predicting that the sun won't blow up tomorrow...
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

11. - Top - End - #41

Spoiler: Eff you, Hiro
    Show

ONE WEEK! ONE GODFORSAKEN WEEK! Maybe I should be glad he's not trying to deceive us for too long but even before Gray can say how nothing can bring her back, you bring her the eff back.

Also, Natsu defeats powerful people because he doesn't know the meaning of pulling out. Nothing new but I wish more often we'd get better explanations. Gray beating Invel almost is good, we know he is good at adopting new ice powers, it's just way too rushed. The other Fairies also get beaten badly.

Otherwise... are we really supposed to believe Gray will seriously fight Natsu? To the death?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeaaaaah I'm...really annoyed by this but not eve surprised. It's just so dumb.

Also speaking of dumb, man it sure was smart of Eileen to use Neinhardt as her magic enchantment slave. When he gets beaten, which I think he just did right now, all the dead Spriggan 12 will vanish. Way to crush your team.

Also also, and this is important...does Brandish not realize our side killed ALMOST ALL OF THEM? The Spriggan 12 aren't that big a threat, we've killed a bunch of them and they only exist because of Neinhardt, and that won't be around in the future.

Finally, the bit with Gray actually beating Invel was neat except for the fact that oh I guess Gray can just use hell ice now I guess, as can Invel, and this is the first time we've heard of it. Naturally. I really really doubt Gray is going to fight Natsu EVER.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Also also, and this is important...does Brandish not realize our side killed ALMOST ALL OF THEM? The Spriggan 12 aren't that big a threat, we've killed a bunch of them and they only exist because of Neinhardt, and that won't be around in the future.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, in their defence, almost no Spriggan was taken down in a duel. It was often two versus one, or someone else interfering, or at least a double KO (of kinds)... Or Acnologia.

Yes, they are not monsters, not all of them, but they are formidable and in theory all of them together should be able to beat the Fairies. In theory, anyway.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #43
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, in their defence, almost no Spriggan was taken down in a duel. It was often two versus one, or someone else interfering, or at least a double KO (of kinds)... Or Acnologia.

Yes, they are not monsters, not all of them, but they are formidable and in theory all of them together should be able to beat the Fairies. In theory, anyway.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that Brandish was suggesting that the only reason the Spriggan 12 were getting beaten earlier was that they couldn't unleash their full powers as long as there was something in Magnolia that they wanted. Brandish could, if she wanted to, instantly shrink the whole kingdom down and turn all of Fairy Tail into bugs, but if she does that who knows where Mavis ends up.

With that in mind, you're right. Most of the 12 went down to various sorts of trickery:

• Ajeel got shot by the Jupiter Cannon, which I don't think is in play any more. After that Erza hit him with her best shot, which dropped him out of a plane, which he inexplicably survived. He's still at full strength.
    • Brandish was only beaten because she got hay fever and Cana sneak-attacked her. She's at full strength now, but if she does go to battle that could be an exploitable weakness again.
    • Dimaria was only stopped because Ultear happened to stop time for Wendy and Cheria, and then gave Cheria incredible powers that burned out her dragon slayer powers forever. She's still at full strength.
    • Jacob only returned everyone from nonexistence because he'd accidentally caught Brandish and Marin in his spell, and was only beaten first because Lucy duplicated Marin's ability to shut down Jacob's powers and also because he was prudish. He's back to full power.
    • Serena got one-shooted by Acnologia, rather than Fairy Tail. On the other hand, his replacement is dead now too.
    • Wall Echt was only defeated because he forgot that you can't use lightning against a Lightning Dragon, and was then tricked into fully healing Laxus.

As for the rest of them:
    • Invel got straight-up overpowered, but Brandish doesn't know that yet.
    • Bloodman got straight-up overpowered, but it should have killed Gajeel to do it (also he's alive again.)
    • Neinhart was straight-up overpowered, but that was before Eileen did whatever she did to power him up.

And, of course, August and Irene, the two strongest members of the Spriggan 12, didn't lose any fights in the first round of the war. Neither did Larcade, so we have no idea how strong the evil Dragneel actually is. On the flip side, of the four guilds that were standing against them, Blue Pegasus is gone, Sabretooth is almost entirely gone, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale took heavy casualties, and Fairy Tail's lost a lot of its strongest people (although who knows how many issues until they all pop back up at full strength.)

From Brandish's point of view, "you guys don't stand a chance" seems pretty fair.

14. - Top - End - #44

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that Brandish was suggesting that the only reason the Spriggan 12 were getting beaten earlier was that they couldn't unleash their full powers as long as there was something in Magnolia that they wanted. Brandish could, if she wanted to, instantly shrink the whole kingdom down and turn all of Fairy Tail into bugs, but if she does that who knows where Mavis ends up.

With that in mind, you're right. Most of the 12 went down to various sorts of trickery:

• Ajeel got shot by the Jupiter Cannon, which I don't think is in play any more. After that Erza hit him with her best shot, which dropped him out of a plane, which he inexplicably survived. He's still at full strength.
    • Brandish was only beaten because she got hay fever and Cana sneak-attacked her. She's at full strength now, but if she does go to battle that could be an exploitable weakness again.
    • Dimaria was only stopped because Ultear happened to stop time for Wendy and Cheria, and then gave Cheria incredible powers that burned out her dragon slayer powers forever. She's still at full strength.
    • Jacob only returned everyone from nonexistence because he'd accidentally caught Brandish and Marin in his spell, and was only beaten first because Lucy duplicated Marin's ability to shut down Jacob's powers and also because he was prudish. He's back to full power.
    • Serena got one-shooted by Acnologia, rather than Fairy Tail. On the other hand, his replacement is dead now too.
    • Wall Echt was only defeated because he forgot that you can't use lightning against a Lightning Dragon, and was then tricked into fully healing Laxus.

As for the rest of them:
    • Bloodman got straight-up overpowered, but it should have killed Gajeel to do it (also he's alive again.)
    • Neinhart was straight-up overpowered, but that was before Eileen did whatever she did to power him up.

And, of course, August and Irene, the two strongest members of the Spriggan 12, didn't lose any fights in the first round of the war. Neither did Larcade, so we have no idea how strong the evil Dragneel actually is. On the flip side, of the four guilds that were standing against them, Blue Pegasus is gone, Sabretooth is almost entirely gone, Mermaid Heel and Lamia Scale took heavy casualties, and Fairy Tail's lost a lot of its strongest people (although who knows how many issues until they all pop back up at full strength.)

From Brandish's point of view, "you guys don't stand a chance" seems pretty fair.
    Spoiler
    Show

While all this is true I'll note that Neinhart is probably the weakest, even with Eileen's enchantment, and once he's down Blood and Wall are gone. Serena would be too if he was alive. I feel like there was someone else I just don't remember. So that events the odds a little bit?

Like, here's the thing. Everything you're saying is true and could make the next couple chapters really intense and cool. But it's Fairy Tail.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Exellent summary, my hat off to that.

And yeah, sadly this is Fairy Tail, where details like logic or internal consistency dont really matter. And where you can get any sort of powerup as long as you want it badly enough, and are a member of FT

I think most of what i though wrong with this chapter have already been mentioned though. So i wont repeat them.

And i dont know if i set my expectations to high, though after having read Hero Academia then i really think i can see a lot of things that can be done better.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

As for the rest of them:

I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person And to give Neinhart some credit, he fought Erza, Kagura and Jellal at the same time. But I guess in the end he only lost to the last.
    Also... did I miss something? Why do people agree Serena is out? Am I forgetting Shanks finishing him?

sidenote: I'd still wonder why e.g. Brandish can't just shrink down only the people she cares for. Maybe some only have massive scale attacks but it can't really be all of them.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #47

I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person And to give Neinhart some credit, he fought Erza, Kagura and Jellal at the same time. But I guess in the end he only lost to the last.
    Also... did I miss something? Why do people agree Serena is out? Am I forgetting Shanks finishing him?

sidenote: I'd still wonder why e.g. Brandish can't just shrink down only the people she cares for. Maybe some only have massive scale attacks but it can't really be all of them.
    Yeah Gildartz killed the **** out of him and they're like "oh Serena's signature is gone again" or something. Dude got head butt into a crater, and when he tried to fight back again Gildartz atomized him.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

I mostly agree, but I am confused by some of the names you use... Especially since it seems you use Eileen and Irene for the same person.
    I was using the Fairy Tail wiki to remind myself of people's names, and apparently it's not always the same as the ones I remember. Which is how the Eileen/Irene thing happened - one is wiki, one is memory, and I didn't notice the mistake.

19. - Top - End - #49

I was using the Fairy Tail wiki to remind myself of people's names, and apparently it's not always the same as the ones I remember. Which is how the Eileen/Irene thing happened - one is wiki, one is memory, and I didn't notice the mistake.
    It's unclear because remember we're technically all criminals who read unofficial translations. I think Irene is what Crunchyroll, the actual legal translation, calls her.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah Gildartz killed the **** out of him and they're like "oh Serena's signature is gone again" or something. Dude got head butt into a crater, and when he tried to fight back again Gildartz atomized him.
    Hm, can't find the latter bit but yeah, found the part where he punched him HARD and later fought some mooks. Guess Serena is Worfed hard...

It's unclear because remember we're technically all criminals who read unofficial translations. I think Irene is what Crunchyroll, the actual legal translation, calls her.
    Criminals? Never Though, Irene is a much more sensible name than Eileen.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Hm, can't find the latter bit but yeah, found the part where he punched him HARD and later fought some mooks. Guess Serena is Worfed hard...
    To be honest though, then Gildarts straight up mentions how Serena were just a pale shadow of his living self before crushing him.

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    To be honest though, then Gildarts straight up mentions how Serena were just a pale shadow of his living self before crushing him.
    Which implies the other revived Spriggan are also weaker now, of course.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Which implies the other revived Spriggan are also weaker now, of course.
    They're pretty much going to have to be, if Rogue is going to take one down alone.

*sigh* The return of all the defeated Spriggans is, by a wide margin, the worst part of this storyline. For the first half of the war I was sort of on board; it felt like a return to form, with the classic "allies getting gradually stomped as the bad guys drop, until our heroes are left to fight the final couple enemies" playing out over a war backdrop.

I can even imagine how that might have gone in an alternate world:

Spoiler: Fanfic summary
    Show
    Fairy Tail is holding the western front against Ajeel and Wall Icht. There are some cool tactics, Erza and Laxus are taken out along with a lot of second-stringers, but both Spriggans go down. No one dies, because Wendy is present, but she can't heal people all the way because there are so many injured. And reports come in that Zeref and Invel are on the way just behind...

Meanwhile, in the North, Irene, Rakseed(sp?), and Bloodman are facing off against Sabretooth and Blue Pegasus. There's a cool fight between Bloodman and the Sabretooth Three (Rogue, Sting, and Minerva), which the three manage to win with some effort. They send Sorano to deliver news and request reinforcements, but then Irene shows up and flattens them. Meanwhile, Rakseed is single-handledly wiping out Blue Pegasus. The northern front is collapsing!

On the southern front, Dimaria and Neinhart are facing off against Lamia Scale and Mermaid Heel, and winning, when Crime Sorciere jumps in (and all of it, not just Jellal and Ultear). They manage to defeat both enemies, with some cool fights involving stopped time (Dimaria vs. Ultear, Cheria, Racer, and Angel would have been pretty cool, f'rex) and Neihart doing the same "dragging up the past" thing he did to Jellal and Kagura. The good guys win on this front, but there are a lot of badly injured people, and they can't spare anyone to join other fronts because they're still mopping up.

Finally, on the eastern front, the Eight Wizard Saints (all ten minus Makarov and Serena) join the Council mages and maybe Cerberus as a little fan thing to stand against August and Serena. We see Serena smash his way through four wizard saints, and a cutaway shows that August did the same thing to the other four without revealing his powers. Then Acnologia one-shots Serena, leaving August to press the attack alone.

Jacob does his whole thing with a sneak attack against Fairy Tail in their stronghold while they're preparing to send reinforcements, because honestly that whole chapter was gold. Except at the end he's beaten badly enough that he's out. Fairy Tail sends reinforcements to the north and east because they've heard things are going badly.

Brandish can try her meet-up with August, and Mest can still be the world's biggest jackass.

And then Irene meets Aconologia and restructures Magnolia, sending most of Fairy Tail away from their stronghold so that Zeref can grab it, and pulling the remaining Spriggans to his side. It's just Irene, Rakheed, August, Brandish, and Invel left, but the Fairies are down a ton of people, the Wizard Saints are dead, Sabretooth and Blue Pegasus have fallen along with most of Crime Sorciere, Lamia Scale, and Mermaid Heel... things are looking grim.

And then Gildarts arrives, and there is heroic music, and we shuffle our teams for four final battles before the end. Brandish has a meet-up with Natsu, Lucy, and Erza, but Irene sends a swarm of enchantments to fight them and then steps in herself (probably Jellal appears here as well). Invel does his thing against Grey, Juvia, Wendy, and the Strauss family. Rakheed goes up against Gajeel, Levy, and the remaining Crime Sorciere members. August is just smashing his way through the world until he comes up against Gildarts and Cana.

It's pretty similar, but with a lot more devastation on the good guys' side, and a lot fewer rematches in the near future.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

I can even imagine how that might have gone in an alternate world:
    Would have liked to read that.

I might have hinted to a desire for the world to end before, if nothing else to put Hiro and us out of the missery. at times it really feels like he is burned out, and just does this by habbit. I certainly think his earlier work has been better than this, but at this point its all just so generic and predictable. I cant recall when last we got an actual surprising plot twist.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

This isn't Hiro burning out. This is Hiro being Hiro. Rave Master had the same paint by numbers stock Shonen plot with a weird time skip (least it wasn't 2) and general winding down about caring if the plot synced up. Think it was around the time Jellal...er...Sieghart showed up. Or maybe it was when the Oración Seis showed up. Not sure, Rave Master was more or less forgettable and Fairy Tail isn't any different. If it was when the Oración Seis showed up that'd be pretty damn hilarious because that's when Fairy Tail started to fall apart too.
    Last edited by Razade; 2016-09-07 at 04:02 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    This isn't Hiro burning out. This is Hiro being Hiro. Rave Master had the same paint by numbers stock Shonen plot with a weird time skip (least it wasn't 2) and general winding down about caring if the plot synced up. Think it was around the time Jellal...er...Sieghart showed up. Or maybe it was when the Oración Seis showed up. Not sure, Rave Master was more or less forgettable and Fairy Tail isn't any different. If it was when the Oración Seis showed up that'd be pretty damn hilarious because that's when Fairy Tail started to fall apart too.
    Read Rave Master less than 3 months ago and I'd have trouble telling you because it really is more or less forgettable, but the plot pretty much lost what cohesion it had after initial BBEG's death and one of the first things that happened after that was they fought the Oración Seis. I mean my favorite characters were Let and Julia, but there reached a point where if any of the 5? 6? times Hiro fake-out killed Let I'd have stopped reading because the quality just wasn't that good. At it's best it was so-so FT, and at its worst it was 'Oh no Let sacrificed his life for his super technique! ... For the third time! Maybe I'll actually have the fun character die this time! I killed that one villain in a redemption equals death moment, I could do it.'
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Read Rave Master less than 3 months ago and I'd have trouble telling you because it really is more or less forgettable, but the plot pretty much lost what cohesion it had after initial BBEG's death and one of the first things that happened after that was they fought the Oración Seis. I mean my favorite characters were Let and Julia, but there reached a point where if any of the 5? 6? times Hiro fake-out killed Let I'd have stopped reading because the quality just wasn't that good. At it's best it was so-so FT, and at its worst it was 'Oh no Let sacrificed his life for his super technique! ... For the third time! Maybe I'll actually have the fun character die this time! I killed that one villain in a redemption equals death moment, I could do it.'
    As said. FT isn't burning out because Hiro is getting tired of the series. This is Hiro's method of writing a story which is to say...he can't. Fairy Tail and Rave Master are, if you strip away the setting, more or less the same manga. Even if you don't strip away the setting there's still a ton of things that are the same. They may as well be in the same world. Fairy Tail just has better art because Hiro actually learned how to draw better.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: 501
    Show

So... what starts out pretty good turns... eh. FT as usual, then

No, really, Lucy vs Brandish looks like a lot of fun, but then it's interrupted and I guess after Natsu gets healed he gets to save the day again? Something like that...
    btw, how could Brandish convincingly throw the fight if it's clear she's stronger? And how can Brandish possibly lose any fight if she can BLOW UP YOUR ORGANS. It's not like we ever heard of any magic resistance in the story...
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #59

Spoiler: 501
    Show

So... what starts out pretty good turns... eh. FT as usual, then

No, really, Lucy vs Brandish looks like a lot of fun, but then it's interrupted and I guess after Natsu gets healed he gets to save the day again? Something like that...
    btw, how could Brandish convincingly throw the fight if it's clear she's stronger? And how can Brandish possibly lose any fight if she can BLOW UP YOUR ORGANS. It's not like we ever heard of any magic resistance in the story...
    Spoiler
    Show
    We kind of did last chapter with Neinhart, due to Irene's enchantments. Incidently Neinhart's ****ing KTFO so all the Historia revived Spriggan are gone now.

But yeah this chapter was...interesting. I'm certain Brandish will use the last of her strength as she dies (and SHE'LL die for real cause she's a villain and redemption equals death) and then Natsu will somehow beat someone who can freeze time perfectly.

30. - Top - End - #60

New Chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Brandish's cocky "we're all better than you our win is garunteed you'll die" speech a couple chapters ago is made all the dumber by our villains learning Invel is defeated and Mavis being able to trick Irena and her NOT NOTICING AT ALL.

We do get a cute scene where Gajeel saves Levy's dumb friends from being violenced upon, and he calls them his buddies. We then get a scene that...****ing god damnit Hiro just draw porn. Maybe it's just me but the scene of Levy sitting on Gajeel and scolding him for almost dying is super cute but SO out of place given A WAR IS GOING ON RIGHT NOW PRIORITIES LEVY! Also her shirt says "IRON!" on it and that's cute.

We end with the lady who was implied to be Grandine but isn't saving Brandish from her fatal wound, and we learn that...the magic cancer isn't magic cancer. It's something worse. So I guess whatever demon powers Natsu has is gonna free him and Lucy from this arc's required "sexy torture porn" scene. Great.

I'm glad Fairy Tail is likely ending soon. Embrace sweet death.