New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Man it's even worse because END is, if he's as strong as he's supposed to be, going to kill Zeref. As in the thing our heroes WANT TO DO. This is just stupid.
    It's Fairy Tail. What do you expect? Really, what do you expect?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Still less of a mess than Rave Master was near the end... or the second half.

I mean it was a horrible chapter full of dumb, but... he does not seem to be good at ending stories.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Still less of a mess than Rave Master was near the end... or the second half.

I mean it was a horrible chapter full of dumb, but... he does not seem to be good at ending stories.
    He doesn't seem to be good at writing stories.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    He doesn't seem to be good at writing stories.
    Rave Master was good until the two Gales died, and Let's story was pretty good. Fairy Tail was pretty good till the Oracion Seis showed up at least and still better than average for its length until the time-skip.

The gaiden stories were all pretty good too. It's once they go on too long he just looses the threads.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

5. - Top - End - #125
    Colossus in the Playground

It's Fairy Tail. What do you expect? Really, what do you expect?
    Even the slightest bit of baseline competence from a four times published mangaka.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Even the slightest bit of baseline competence from a four times published mangaka.
    There's your problem. Rookie mistake really.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

still we have a stupid fight between natsu and gray Lucy and juvia prepare to stop them looks like every thing is groovy on hiro's mind

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

Well, slightly in Hiro's defense, there is a certain baseline. There is a level above the worst fanfiction you can find. Certainly, not by a lot, but FT is still basically a coherent story.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Its even more dumb than that though.

END: Im gonna go commit suicide by attacking the strongest black wizard in history.
    Gray: No! i need to kill you!

readers : collective facepalm

Entire chapter summarized.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

New chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

So in an alternate world Juvia would be dead, Lucy would be blinded, Marakovs words would actually have some weight and despite his sacrifice Grey and Natsu would still be about to fight thanks to not thinking correctly. That would feel like an final arc. Instead as always there's barely any tension.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    New chapter
    Spoiler
    Show

So in an alternate world Juvia would be dead, Lucy would be blinded, Marakovs words would actually have some weight and despite his sacrifice Grey and Natsu would still be about to fight thanks to not thinking correctly. That would feel like an final arc. Instead as always there's barely any tension.
    I dont know about you mate but dim wits are fighting since pre chaper one so its more like naruto vs sasuke fight than end vs gray fight for me ı dont now what lucy gonna do but I say let them beat each other until they solve their problems

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well, maybe Makarov will actually die.. ha..haha....HAHAHAHA...
    Okay, whatever, I kept wondering why nobody bothered using FL... guess now we got the late explanation.

But hey, buffs are awesome if they can turn mooks into threats to Erza. Too bad Irene willnstill lose to totally-not-her-daughter...

Anybody thinking Makarov is actually gone?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Well shoot, that were actually a good chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

to start with i were rather conflicted about if Makarov's sacrifice were stupid or not, when Maevis actually had a plan for winning the fight. But then i thought closer on about what would happen if berserkers that can give Erza a challenge were allowed near anyone else in numbers and came to agree with his reasoning.

And yes, i actually think Makarov bough it here, this is FT, but the setup is slightly different from the other fake deaths we have had.

thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #134

Okay so here's the problem with this chapter. It's kind of a big one.

Spoiler
    Show
    Our heroes are really really REALLY adamant about not killing their enemies. They let that desert moron live, they let Dimaria live, etc etc.

Fairy Law was stated to outright kill the people it hits. Absolute perfect death. So Makarov just gave up his life to murder an entire army of people, when this entire fight they've been doing NOTHING to take these guys out fatally. It comes off out of nowhere and it's basically just one giant excuse to get rid of the massive army so our heroes can have their personal fights with the Spriggan 12...of which only like three remain, because Nienhart, Brandish, and Dimaria are out, and Nienhart being out means all the ones who ACTUALLY died are back to being gone, and Invel lost with basically zero effort on Gray's part.

So we're gonna...get to see Erza fight her Mom, and that's it? The old man sage is still around I think so he'll fight.........the only person left to fight him is Lucy. So he'll have the Spirit King's summoning key or something, the actual key not just putting all Lucy's key together to do it, and she'll do the Lucy thing of stealing it. And then we'll have Gray realize the Light Dragneel is his real opponent for some reason and kill him, and Natsu will punch Zeref in the face and we'll be done.

But yeah...I don't believe Makarov is dead, because at this point we've literally has two or three death fake outs in AS MANY WEEKS, so he's not dead. Because, aha, you see, he only used a nonlethal version o Fairy Law, so it only knocked them out, so it hurt him less. Besides he didn't get big, punch someone once, and then get defeated, so he can't be dead here.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Hah, took a little while to recognise you, hate when people change avatars, as thats what i look at first

But no, Fairy law has not at any place been stated to outright kill the enemy. it judges them, but thats not the same. It did not kill anyone the first time it was used, so i cant see why it should do that now.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Makarov survives or not. I think he is dead for real because of the story structure.
    This were not done in the fake-out style, that we have seen earlier. Here the entire chapter were more or less shaped as a focus for sending Makarov off, and he were even given a proper death poem (or whatever the correct word for it is)
    I mean, look at the last page, you really think so much work would be put into it if he were going to come back?

Edit.
    I figured out one of the main things that made me think this is for real. This time its the narator who are holding the goodbye speach for Makarov.

Last edited by lord_khaine; 2016-10-08 at 10:32 AM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

While I also feel like there was mention of FL's deadliness... Yeah, I don't think it was against... phantom tail, was it? So I guess no genocide here either.

And I have a hard time being convinced of this being a special occasion, we had numerous similar chapters and nothing ever stuck, as far as I recall.
    Last edited by Kato; 2016-10-08 at 11:17 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Spoiler
    Show
    Hah, took a little while to recognise you, hate when people change avatars, as thats what i look at first

But no, Fairy law has not at any place been stated to outright kill the enemy. it judges them, but thats not the same. It did not kill anyone the first time it was used, so i cant see why it should do that now.

Anyway, i guess we will see if Makarov survives or not. I think he is dead for real because of the story structure.
    This were not done in the fake-out style, that we have seen earlier. Here the entire chapter were more or less shaped as a focus for sending Makarov off, and he were even given a proper death poem (or whatever the correct word for it is)
    I mean, look at the last page, you really think so much work would be put into it if he were going to come back?

Edit.
    I figured out one of the main things that made me think this is for real. This time its the narator who are holding the goodbye speach for Makarov.

Spoiler
    Show
    Hey, I started a new LP, so I've gotta go with some new duds

I'm pretty sure Laxus was like "I'll use Fairy Law to kill all of you now that my other murder plans all failed!" but it didn't work because he actually liked everyone. But it's been awhile. Fairy Law's never been used in a way that actually WORKED though, aside from Gajeel's old guild, and even though I think they mentioned that was, again, a weaker version of it.

You say the narrator said it so it must be true, and that's fair, but I don't think this event, story structure wise, has any more or less impact than what Juvia did.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Well.. it is a little troublesome since FT seemingly more or less equals being knocked unconcious with a permanent defeat a lot of places. And Laxus were messed up enough at that point to think knocking everyone out would magically solve his problems. But when used against Phantom Lord, the only time before where we saw it used by someone competent, then it just knocked people out.

And i think there is a vital difference between here and with Juvia. Juvia would leave a lose end, a broken parring that has been build up for almost the entire serie. Makarov on the other hand, is the old master, the one that needs to go away at some point to leave room for the next generation.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Well, maybe Makarov will actually die.. ha..haha....HAHAHAHA...
    Okay, whatever, I kept wondering why nobody bothered using FL... guess now we got the late explanation.

But hey, buffs are awesome if they can turn mooks into threats to Erza. Too bad Irene willnstill lose to totally-not-her-daughter...

Anybody thinking Makarov is actually gone?
    Spoiler: here is my review
    Show

so first thing first makarow becomes eternal guild master why you asked bastard somehow cast the law not the diluted fairy version so on the distant finale we gonna still see him as guild master on natsu vs gray aka stupid fight front we still dont see natsu's restraining bolt / lover aka lucy appear in combat so chapter feels dud in my opinion and is any one get the idea of brandish hates his physical assets vibe from her talk

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

That.. review honestly dont make a lot of sense.. to start with its most likely a good idea to try and split your sentenses up.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

That.. review honestly dont make a lot of sense.. to start with its most likely a good idea to try and split your sentences up.
    for what to be honest this is the second anime using naruto sasuke fight as late game story renewal try only thing they add in upcoming chapter is lucy(sakura) appears and calms natsu down. but since gray and natsu are full blown idiotic fight mode what i would say let them fight until they become bros via extensive fist bump ritual

as for old news hiro has blown perfect opportunity to give some character development on gray via death oj juvia( which only fairy tail character ı realy hate) but what he do use wendy to heal her so gray can suffer from yandere lover syndrome

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    for what
    If you are posting, it's usually assumed that you want people to read and understand what you are writing. Punctuation would be a great start to make yourself more easily understandable, because as you are writing right now, I'm usually skipping your posts entirely. Yes, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but it requires more effort than I'm willing to put into reading a random post.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
    If you are posting, it's usually assumed that you want people to read and understand what you are writing. Punctuation would be a great start to make yourself more easily understandable, because as you are writing right now, I'm usually skipping your posts entirely. Yes, I can kinda understand what you are saying, but it requires more effort than I'm willing to put into reading a random post.
    ah classic requests for some one who's not a native speaker. but ı will try to put some dot where I need

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

ah classic requests for some one who's not a native speaker. but ı will try to put some dot where I need
    I mean...you don't have to do anything that people have offered to help people have conversations with you. There are plenty of non-native speakers here on the forums but they at least try to follow syntax and proper punctuation. If that's not something you want to do, it's going to be real hard for us to talk with you. If you just wanna ramble like you usually do about things that have no relevance with the actual story and just....about Lucy and Natsu having a kid and other fanfiction stuff...don't let any of us stop you.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

I mean...you don't have to do anything that people have offered to help people have conversations with you. There are plenty of non-native speakers here on the forums but they at least try to follow syntax and proper punctuation. If that's not something you want to do, it's going to be real hard for us to talk with you. If you just wanna ramble like you usually do about things that have no relevance with the actual story and just....about Lucy and Natsu having a kid and other fanfiction stuff...don't let any of us stop you.
    And they say my posts are mess. Sorry buddy but its little bit hard to understand what you posti as for kid post I done that to liven up the treat a little and if you check manga itself hiro is slowly shiping natsu and lucy from the get go I think the first gaze happened in phantom lord arc were they save each other from falling so we pretty much have them as legit couple long time

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

And they say my posts are mess. Sorry buddy but its little bit hard to understand what you post
    What ever you say buddy

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

What ever you say buddy
    so any guesses for upcoming chapter? I am share mine since we know natsu's reason for rage is which he thinks lucy is dead and in few chapters she reveals as alive only time locked for awhile while we have child fight. So on main team everything looks good. On makarov's situation I didn't read mavis manga but from main manga knowledge he casted law spell zeref and mavis used to gain their cursed immortality the main problem / plotline that who is makarov's most loved person as we know he loves all the guild members but it didn't work for mavis's case .
    so whats your wild guesses?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Neither am I. You choose to write in a different language, so you should make the effort to be more easily understood.

As for the curse, I don't think it will happen. IIRC, Mavis said that the spell was incomplete when she used it, which is why she got that cursed immortality. Here she told him that he will die, and she should be the one that knows best if Makarov would suffer the same fate as her.

I actually hope that he'll die. He's old and doesn't really have a lot of open plotlines attached to him. He's one of the few character that is allowed to die and have an emotional impact.
    A wise monk trains both mind and body, but a smart monk is actually a swordsage.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Neither am I. You choose to write in a different language, so you should make the effort to be more easily understood.

As for the curse, I don't think it will happen. IIRC, Mavis said that the spell was incomplete when she used it, which is why she got that cursed immortality. Here she told him that he will die, and she should be the one that knows best if Makarov would suffer the same fate as her.

I actually hope that he'll die. He's old and doesn't really have a lot of open plotlines attached to him. He's one of the few character that is allowed to die and have an emotional impact.
    nah considering until recent chapters mavis basicly in stasis so she didn't have time to fix the spell and if i am hero mishima i use it as plot twist where he goes near dead state but turns back like mavis and use him in sequel manga as guild leader of new generation of twerps as for immediate chapters he looks dead feels dead and mavis on his way to capture the guild so they can put him in stasis to save him

so emotional torque is played

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Pfft. This is MarvelFairy Tail. No one dies for real. That way your favorite characters will be around. Forever. They will never go away.

I am hoping I am wrong but, FT had a million chances to get dramatic tension right and failed.

If Hiro wrote Romeo and Juliet, by the end an evil witch would accidentally resurrect our two lovers, flirt with and grope Juliet, while implying all the bondage stuff she would do to her; before Romeo kicks her and she becomes a friend. That still flirts with Juliet about bondage...