New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Fairy Tail Thread 4: Come Pray to the Apocalypse Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    Funny that you mention it. Mashed potatoes are used in commercials as substitute for Ice Cream.

We are talking about Magi: The Labyrinth?
    That's why I brought it up. Mashed Potatoes look nice under the right conditions, but it is NOT ice cream, and if you want ice cream you don't want mashed potatoes.

We are talking about Magi: The Labyrinth, yeah. AKA "Alibaba and the Political Revolution Of The Republic"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.. i mean.. what else is there to talk about?

And while i think the current topic is a little boring, then also applaud the way that the comic has handled other sensitive topics, like povery and war, or prejudice.
    I certainly like how the fights are handled though, as i recall just about every singel meaningful opponent has been defeated though cunning.

Hmm.. though i guess we should be very careful with spoilers here. Not certain everyone has read it, and some people might want to give it a try based on the recomendations.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

Funny that you mention it. Mashed potatoes are used in commercials as substitute for Ice Cream.

What? Do American mashed potatoes look that different from German? Because those don't look like ice cream at all...
    I never read magi but I feel as sugar coated as FT is it's more likely to be the ice-cream here

Well, we all know how gajeel and levy would react... But yes, it would have been really nice to see, Hiro! Also... No offense but... Cana not reacting is weird...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

4. - Top - End - #214

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Well, we all know how gajeel and levy would react... But yes, it would have been really nice to see, Hiro! Also... No offense but... Cana not reacting is weird...
    Cana's a pure maiden who's never laid with someone.

Some ****ing how, despite being the team hyper drunk who literally spent half the series trying to do just that with Lucy.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Cana's a pure maiden who's never laid with someone.

Some ****ing how, despite being the team hyper drunk who literally spent half the series trying to do just that with Lucy.
    Also Mavis was affected. Wtf. Zeref wasn't. Probably. Eileen/Irene was.

Sense - this comic makes non. When did FT start being so bad?
    Last edited by -D-; 2016-11-01 at 03:12 AM.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Also Mavis was affected. Wtf. Zeref wasn't. Probably. Eileen/Irene was.
    Zeref was affected. Page 20, bottom center panel. He's obviously resisting the effects.

Sense - this comic makes non. When did FT start being so bad?
    Chapter 131 or there around. Really it started going downhill during the Battle for Fairy Tail arc which was around 103, but the Oracion Seis Arc was when it got really shoddy. That was followed up by the Edolas Arc which...I was going to say is the lowest point of the series but this latest arc has really shown me how wrong I could be on that front. So yeah. Somewhere between Chapter 103 to 165. That's when FT really went stupid. The Tower of Heaven arc was pretty lame too by the end as well.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

What? Do American mashed potatoes look that different from German? Because those don't look like ice cream at all...
    No?? Given properly mashed potatoes, it can look like ice cream, given sufficient makeup. Think about it, ice cream melts in spotlight or emits smoke if cooled enough. Ergo ANY picture of ice cream in ads must be mashed potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Zeref was affected. Page 20, bottom center panel. He's obviously resisting the effects.
    Was he? Wow, Captain Orgasmo almost managed to kill his dad (yes - I know he can't kill him). Yes, I'm calling the Holy Dragneel - Captain Orgasmo. Deal with it.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

Magi resembles Fairy Tail the way ice cream resembles mashed potatoes. Magi it the ice cream here by the way. It's fantastic.

at least hiro knows his fan service in magi we just have flat chested morgana as only material here in fairy tail each girl who is 17 and up is fan service material and funny thing is they just needed job as reason to wear what your sick fantasy wants:

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    at least hiro knows his fan service in magi we just have flat chested morgana as only material here in fairy tail each girl who is 17 and up is fan service material and funny thing is they just needed job as reason to wear what your sick fantasy wants:
    You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints, but THIS is understandable enough for me to say something.

1: What the hell does it it matter, Fairy Tail's fanservice IS AWFUL, you don't want that level of fanservice

2: The wind Djinn. Warning: Link NSFW, has nipples.

On the subject of Magi, and Morganna actually, she's ****ing awesome. You should all read Magi.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

@LaZodiac: Which do you find worse? Bleach or Fairy Tail. If so, why?

11. - Top - End - #221

@LaZodiac: Which do you find worse? Bleach or Fairy Tail. If so, why?
    That's a fascinating question. Bleach is far more wasted potential, in almost every single conceivable way. It typically has better art, and a lot of what it COULD of done would of been AMAZING and instead it's just bad. Fairy Tail is a lot less good "in general" but has actually done some of it's stuff REALLY GOOD. I still think the constant way they've sold Acnologia of being a genuine threat is actually really good, and Acnologia himself is a rad as hell villain from both a design and story stand point, and is far more compelling than Bleach's final villain. But again, Bleach's final villain could be SO MUCH MORE, Kubo just didn't DO ANYTHING with it, and dropped the ball.

In terms of actual INFURIATION, I feel like Fairy Tail wins as "worse" but Bleach is worse in terms of "disappointment". Bleach, even when it's bad, REALLY BAD, could also be hilarious. It's just depressing that such a big manga turned so crappy.

Here is sort of a...primer, let's say, to sort of explain my thoughts. As of last chapter Fairy Tail has now had a very creepy sex related "thing". I take almost no pleasure in talking about this scene to people because it's just uncomfortable and awful. It is baffling.

Meanwhile in Bleach, I LOVE to talk about how Giselle is a possible transvestite who is 100% a necrophiliac. It is HILARIOUS.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints, but THIS is understandable enough for me to say something.

1: What the hell does it it matter, Fairy Tail's fanservice IS AWFUL, you don't want that level of fanservice

On the subject of Magi, and Morganna actually, she's ****ing awesome. You should all read Magi.
    I know the damn wind djinn. Hell she is the reason lot of my recent personal homebrew got stuck. And as for hiro and his brand of fan service its less then what you guys thing it is we just have regular maid, belly dancer and some naked time not that some thing like naked slave chariot or that caliber stuff. if i am in his place as creator lets just dont open that box because the moment i get my dirty little paws on that series it gets lot more fan servicey like mirajanne gets naughtier devil form that she constantly uses and one of the juvias day dreams got very interesting( lets just say half apron with Japanese flavor and go for our business cause I dont want to get banned). Hell i even introduce several more character that join fairy tail like luna luna from queens blade and after mentioned wind djinn paimon with proper supporting character/ holder. :

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

Bleach, even when it's bad, REALLY BAD, could also be hilarious. It's just depressing that such a big manga turned so crappy... Meanwhile in Bleach, I LOVE to talk about how Giselle is a possible transvestite who is 100% a necrophiliac. It is HILARIOUS.
    Hm, are you saying Bleach is so bad it's good? While Fairy Tail, is so bad it's awful.

I'm personally split a bit. Big reveals, like END and Zeref & Mavis, Zera & Mavis and even time before, seemed, really well put together. FT does all this tiny vignettes thoughtful and carefully, before deciding screw it (quite literally), and goes Mad bull in China shop (with Captain Orgasmo and unnecessary fan-service). I'd say Bleach is more consistently disappointing, because it keeps doing the same things over and over - Double Kill Strenritters; Depowering/Repowering Ichigo; Ichigo fighting main villain; No consequences propagate (e.g. Tsuki's alterations of Ichigo's friends don't stick).

It's also possible that Bleach is unintentionally bad, while FT is quite intentionally bad (the scene was intended as fan-service)? I'm so confused.

I still think the constant way they've sold Acnologia of being a genuine threat is actually really good, and Acnologia himself is a rad as hell villain from both a design and story stand point, and is far more compelling than Bleach's final villain.
    Yeah, I almost literally fell to my knees and prayed for Acnologia to just come in and kill Holy Igneel. Sadly, Acn is focused on Dragonslayers. And Holy Igneel isn't a Dragon/slayer.

The name of this thread, is horribly apt. Arrive and saves us Acnologia, the one true savior of Fairy Tail.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Titan in the Playground

Well yeah, both that and some rather.. interesting piercings..
    All the same though, it newer really felt like fan service. I mean, in a strange way Magi made it seem like the natural state for said Djinn. It did not feel sexualised in the same way as FT fan service, even if said Djinn is a lot more adult.

I'm personally split a bit. Big reveals, like END and Zeref & Mavis, Zera & Mavis and even time before, seemed, really well put together. FT does all this tiny vignettes thoughtful and carefully, before deciding screw it (quite literally), and goes Mad bull in China shop (with Captain Orgasmo and unnecessary fan-service). I'd say Bleach is more consistently disappointing, because it keeps doing the same things over and over - Double Kill Strenritters; Depowering/Repowering Ichigo; Ichigo fighting main villain; No consequences propagate (e.g. Tsuki's alterations of Ichigo's friends don't stick).
    Do agree, Bleach is more or less consistently dull, sticking to a uniform recipy for the story that were perfected in the first 1/3 of the serie. FT meanwhile jumps up and down, giving hope with the previous couple chapters, then going crazy with what i assume is suposed to be some sort of humerous fan service. That especially infuriated me to a untold degree. And not just because i thought it was all extremely stupid, but also because of how much wasted potential i felt there were. For a moment i though Rahkeid were going to unleash some holy version of Fairy Law, and turn out to be a complete badass weilding divine powers and a fighting cross, becomming one of the 5 final bosses that needed to be taken down by groups of FT's best mages. And instead we got this garbage..
    When FT is good its better than Bleach, but when its bad its a LOT worse than bleach.

Yeah, I almost literally fell to my knees and prayed for Acnologia to just come in and kill Holy Igneel. Sadly, Acn is focused on Dragonslayers. And Holy Igneel isn't a Dragon/slayer.

The name of this thread, is horribly apt. Arrive and saves us Acnologia, the one true savior of Fairy Tail.
    Heh, and thats yet another convert to the savior, wonder how many we are going to gather before the thread, or FT, ends?

15. - Top - End - #225

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Well yeah, both that and some rather.. interesting piercings..
    All the same though, it newer really felt like fan service. I mean, in a strange way Magi made it seem like the natural state for said Djinn. It did not feel sexualised in the same way as FT fan service, even if said Djinn is a lot more adult.

Heh, and thats yet another convert to the savior, wonder how many we are going to gather before the thread, or FT, ends?
    That's true. Because Magi DOES have fanservice in it. But it treats it appropriately, and knows how to show powerful woman who ARE sexy without it being overtly sexual. Something which Hiro has shown he is completely incapable of grasping. You can tell the Wind Djinn isn't a fanservice character despite wearing low cut pants and literally nothing else, sans the chains pierces to her, because of the way she holds herself and how the art is presented.

Meanwhile, last chapter, Erza had a dramatic moment where she tried to get Gray and Natsu to stop killing each other, where she shoved their faces into her boobs by mistake.

You know all this concern over Rakheid's literal sex magic has obscured something. Ajeel and Bradman got re-killed, as expected. It also...seems to confirm Ajeel DID IN FACT DIE and was made into a Historia by Neinhart. They just..never mentioned him specifically? Point is two Spriggans just got defeated off screen by some rando chinese dress lady that I do not remember in the slightest, and that's SENSIBLE because we've already seen them GET defeated but also "then why have them show up in the FIRST PLACE".

By the end of this series everyone will be praying to Acnologia to end it. And he'll look down and whisper no, because that would be a true sign of the end of days.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2016-11-01 at 01:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Titan in the Playground

You very rarely say anything that makes sense from even the most basic of grammatical standpoints
    I don't think we've agreed on anything so strongly before.

And now we have to disagree again. YOU don't want that level of fan service. Other people might. Prison School exists and is popular for a reason. A reason I simply cannot fathom but a reason none the less.

One of the ever puzzling themes of this thread is the strange visceral reaction against even the barest mention of sex. Getting some reactions over the weird bondage and rape vibes this manga seems to enjoy I can understand, but this thread certainly takes it to an extreme. Next people will be saying there's too much fan-service in One Piece.

17. - Top - End - #227

And now we have to disagree again. YOU don't want that level of fan service. Other people might. Prison School exists and is popular for a reason. A reason I simply cannot fathom but a reason none the less.

One of the ever puzzling themes of this thread is the strange visceral reaction against even the barest mention of sex. Getting some reactions over the weird bondage and rape vibes this manga seems to enjoy I can understand, but this thread certainly takes it to an extreme. Next people will be saying there's too much fan-service in One Piece.
    Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay. Also jesus Prison School.

Honestly the only reason why I consider Fairy Tail's fan service too extreme is BECAUSE of the fact that there was an awful sex demon that tortured Erza, and BECAUSE we had a scene where Erza was shrunk into loli size and there was some fanservice of THAT, and when she grew back to normal she had only a shirt on. I get overly annoyed at Fairy Tail's fanservice because it's part and parcel of what makes Fairy Tail bad. I'm the same way with Needless.

Bleach has it's fair share of fanservice too but I don't mind it except when it's REALLY stupid like Urahara groping the cat ninja's butt to turn her into an electrical cat girl slave beast to kill a weirdo, which is a thing that actually happened

18. - Top - End - #228
    Titan in the Playground

Meanwhile, last chapter, Erza had a dramatic moment where she tried to get Gray and Natsu to stop killing each other, where she shoved their faces into her boobs by mistake.
    Honestly felt more like what goes for humor than fan service to me.

By the end of this series everyone will be praying to Acnologia to end it. And he'll look down and whisper no, because that would be a true sign of the end of days.
    And another prayer added to the list in the start of the thread...

I still cant see if he were being sarcastic there or not.

I would certainly mind the bondage bits less if they were kept just a touch more out of the main plot. Only think its funny with the hints we have gotten regarding Erza and Mirajane's activities, but can understand its going to annoy people how Lucy is constantly tied up in rather specific ways.

Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay. Also jesus Prison School.
    Of course that would be alright? they are both consenting adults, what they do among themselves are none of out business.

19. - Top - End - #229

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Of course that would be alright? they are both consenting adults, what they do among themselves are none of out business.
    That doesn't mean it needs to be a plot point. I know I don't speak for everyone but I sure as hell don't want to imagine a 12 year old doing sex stuff. That's kind of messed up.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Titan in the Playground

Okay that's true, that was a bit extreme of me to say. Call it a visceral reaction to Khadger's apparently suggestion that implying two immortals stuck in a 12 year old and 15 year old body did a sex was okay.
    I totally understand, I just like to champion nuance. More on...strange Japanese youth sex below.

Also jesus Prison School.
    Yep. With you there.

Honestly the only reason why I consider Fairy Tail's fan service too extreme is BECAUSE of the fact that there was an awful sex demon that tortured Erza, and BECAUSE we had a scene where Erza was shrunk into loli size and there was some fanservice of THAT, and when she grew back to normal she had only a shirt on. I get overly annoyed at Fairy Tail's fanservice because it's part and parcel of what makes Fairy Tail bad. I'm the same way with Needless.
    I'm with you 100%, Hiro's fan service certainly goes beyond just casual breasts and butts. There's a very clear bent towards bondage and hard BDSM, there's also a bent towards rape or at least NC (Non-Committal) play along with loli stuff. All of this pointing more towards Hiro's own personal fetishes and less fan service. Before the Tartarus Arc it was really just reserved to Wendy and Ezra losing their clothing. Now however it's move to something...weirder. He did two time skips, I assert, to throw Wendy into skimpy outfits and gave her cat a human form to sexual as well. Ezra's bondage torture rape was pretty blatant and now this super Orgasm magic and tentacle hell magic...yeah...

On Mavis and Zeref however. Japan has a much different outlook on the whole loli thing than the U.S and Canada does. As has been pointed out the age of consent is laughably low even though most districts set it much higher. Mavis and Zeref have the minds of immortal adults and are certainly technically that old. Zeref at least looks like an adult to match this;. Mavis however has always looked like a child so it's understandable that "THE WEST" would find it a little squicky. I'm not weighing in on it really one way or the other. I'm not defending either cultural approach or saying if one is better or not because in that way lies madness. Merely pointing out that the reasons people may or may not meet on this are cultural.

Bleach has it's fair share of fanservice too but I don't mind it except when it's REALLY stupid like Urahara groping the cat ninja's butt to turn her into an electrical cat girl slave beast to kill a weirdo, which is a thing that actually happened
    Bleach was actually fairly low on fan-service at least until the end where it introduced the cross dressing zombie character, the fat love guru and expanding on the obvious fact that Uruhara and ct lady were doing it on the side. But Bleach was a trainwreck before all of that so honestly the weird fan-service at the end is the least of it's problems.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

That doesn't mean it needs to be a plot point. I know I don't speak for everyone but I sure as hell don't want to imagine a 12 year old doing sex stuff. That's kind of messed up.
    You thankfully dont need to? From what i can read of the timeline in Fairy Tail Zero she were about 23 there, more than enough for even the most strict age limits in the world.
    She certainly were emotionally mature, since it seems to have been partly on her own initiative, so its most likely the relationship i find the least disagreeable of all.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

That's fine, I guess. Fanservice is ok, if your aiming at that audience. Problem with FTs is:

A) It's main theme (Nakama, getting better, Magic!) is in no way related to the fanservice. Prison School is a story about masochists being tortured by girls. Fanservice there is expected.
    B) The fanservice in Fairy Tail is longer and more prominent than in e.g. Bleach.
    C) Specific to Holy Igneel - His powers doesn't seem to act based on any sort of logic. Whenever something makes most of your readers go "WTF"[1], that means writer failed on some level.

[1]What the **** "pleasure"? Buying clothes? Lusting? If it's lusting, why the **** isn't Cana affected? If it's sex, why is Mavis & Zeref affected? Last time we saw them they kissed. They didn't do some tentacle porn and then kiss. Is it whoever experienced orgasm? Is it whoever kissed another lovingly or in lust? Wat. Teh. ****.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

It also...seems to confirm Ajeel DID IN FACT DIE and was made into a Historia by Neinhart. They just..never mentioned him specifically? Point is two Spriggans just got defeated off screen by some rando chinese dress lady that I do not remember in the slightest, and that's SENSIBLE because we've already seen them GET defeated but also "then why have them show up in the FIRST PLACE".
    Oh, hey, totally didn't notice that Ajeel just Historia'd too. Yeah, that hella happened off-screen.

(Chinese dress lady is Minerva, the former head of Sabretooth and current member of Sabretooth.)

24. - Top - End - #234

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Oh, hey, totally didn't notice that Ajeel just Historia'd too. Yeah, that hella happened off-screen.

(Chinese dress lady is Minerva, the former head of Sabretooth and current member of Sabretooth.)
    Right, thanks, that's who she is.

And yeah that's kind of sort of...SUPPOSED to be a big deal, that the Historia's are all gone now. But it got shoved into a bottom page series of panels so we could focus on Rakheid.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

come on I didn't touch zeref mavis ship in any of my posts hell only thing i use them is in distant final lived happily situation getting no more than half page shout out from lets say lucy
    me to mate

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

New "chapter".
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Explanation
    Show
    Holy Orgasmo is actually, Mavis' son
    This makes too much sense to not be true... help.
    There is no help... Only Fairy Tail.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Titan in the Playground

New "chapter".
    Spoiler
    Show

There is no help... Only Fairy Tail.
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Spoiler
    Show

Oh my, Mavis has a son... and he is a pervert. And immune to blades. That's why you don't let your emotionless, immortal daddy raise the kid alone, Mavis...
    I'm really not sure if I want to know the whole story behind that...

Otherwise, not much happening, except Kagura getting destroyed. And August talking about light and darkness again. It seems to suddenly be a more pronounced theme. Maybe Hiro will actually go somewhere with this?

Not much else to say... or am I forgetting something? Oh, Mavis might actually fight. Her son. Give him a proper beating?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

28. - Top - End - #238
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler: New chapter
    Show

Given that both parents have the same curse, emotionless daddy is clearly why he's still alive. Hiro actually plans to kill pervo with motherly love, doesn't he?

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    Spoiler: New chapter
    Show

Given that both parents have the same curse, emotionless daddy is clearly why he's still alive. Hiro actually plans to kill pervo with motherly love, doesn't he?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Pretty much. Mavis gets death radius if she starts feeling about him. Zeref not caring for his son, is actually the best gift, he could give to said child. If Zeref starts caring about him >>> Everything around Zeref dies.

I ****ing hope they kill the Ankseram, the ******* god. Maybe Natsu could punch him in the face. Outside Acnologia, he seems the only actual villain. Don't get me wrong Zeref is bad, but he essentially needs to be, because the curse kills anyone he cares about. Even Mavis, needs to think of her people as peons as to not murder everyone.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

besides the clasic big bad( okay minion ) gloating it looks standart anime fluff for bad guys until you beated gloat if beated try to make excuses if you are not dead if not exit stage right
    by the way holly pervert dragneel getting in my nerves if this guy some how reveled to be zirconis's dragon slayer then thats it we have most annoying vilian in fairy tail history who need achnologia's beting like last century