New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    That episode is scheduled for next week.
    Okay. Guess it's just Shield tonight then...

Give me the psychic gorilla super city already please.

2. - Top - End - #182

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Part 1 of Gorilla City and Legends episode!

Spoiler: FLASH! Ahaaaa
    Show
    Psychic Gorilla's! Getting into a fight with them! Oops we accidently made Grodd the godking of the Gorilla City. Good thing we got away oops now Gypsey is gonna help out. Future is hard to change yo! Good episode, clearly a set up for next episode but fantastic all the same.

Spoiler: CAMELOT 3000!
    Show
    Ah Legends of Tomorrow. AKA Sarah Lance seduces and gets seduced by historic lady figures of history. We learn the tragic, if kind of sweet, end of the JSA. I like how they played around with the legend and lore in this, and the fighting was really cool! Raymond of Palms needs a better title though. I get it's because of his glowing suit palms but man why did you make your knightly sound like a masterbation joke. At least his wicked ass ionized sword is cool.

3. - Top - End - #183

Spoiler: reply
    Show
    It's also a pun on his last name: Palmer. Granted, that's a religious pilgrimage thing, but still.

4. - Top - End - #184

Gorilla attaaaaack.
    Spoiler
    Show

This epsiode was nice. A cute valentine's day reference combined with over protective dad's and psychotic gorilla people. Overall a good episode, with signs of potentially something happening to Barry. Hmm.

Also, "Starkiller" reference from Gypsey makes it once again very clear that she's just Lady Cisco, which means he's literally in love with himself.

5. - Top - End - #185

And new episodes!

Spoiler: Flash
    Show
    Flash see's us find the impossibility to defy fate, and the return of Savatar. So...theory time. Wally is Savatar. That's pretty clear from a lot of what he said, yeah?

Spoiler: Legends of Tomorrow
    Show
    Ah, dinosaur times. More flirting. Some fun mind games. It's interesting that Gideon was apparently completely aware of the stuff going on inside Rip's head, which...is fascinating, to say the least. And we get some more stuff that really makes me feel like Rory is just the best. I miss Cold, I do, but Rory's done a good job. He's honestly like Belkar, from this forum's own flagship comic.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: timeships
    Show
    They shipped the ship. I dunno whether to be impressed or pissed but I'm more inclined to be impressed at their dedication to ludicrousity. I hope neoRip will be as good as Time Bandit Rip, he was quite a bore before. Then again, now that he's apparently over my family is deaaaaddd thing and being shipped with his own ship, maybe he'll be good.

I also know Eobard isn't using his facestealer solely for our benefit but it still bothers me to see him "undercover" with his own face.

Also also dinosaur totem. They might as well get some extra mileage out of their t-rex cgi.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

7. - Top - End - #187
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler: Flash theory
    Show
    Yeah I thought Wally was Savitar too until the end of the episode but there are a few inconsistencies. Looks like Savitar was bitter about Barry and Iris being an item too, and I'm not sure how he could have spun getting himself stuck in the speed force as Barry's fault. Shame, it would have been an interesting story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Spoiler: Flash theory
    Show
    Looks like Savitar was bitter about Barry and Iris being an item too, and I'm not sure how he could have spun getting himself stuck in the speed force as Barry's fault.
    Spoiler: Theory time
    Show
    Eddie Thrawne.
    Jophine Dustwallow avatar by Shades of Gray

Spoiler: Other Avatar
    Show

Avatar: Tarina Davenledge, Cleric of Mishakal by Gorgon_Heap

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Not a spoiler!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wait are they going to reveal that Eddie was resurrected by that paradox becoming part of the speedforce with the Philosopher's Stone being his only means to physically manifest?

So he empowered Wally with so much power for the simple means of being able to swap places with him if the Stone was say thrown into the Speedforce?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Lets continue with the most idiotic ideas every one sure barry defeasts savitar by giving him green roses from planet zabrakian prime. Is any one remembers previous seasons time remnant thing aka killed iris is probably a time remnant used by savitar so barry breaks compleately enrages and kills him and kick starts his journey to being evil speedster
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #191

New episode of the Flash and Friends Power Hour.

Spoiler: The Flash
    Show
    Barry goes to the Speed Force to save Wally! Jay Gerrick saves Barry because oops turns out Barry's kinda bad at this. That sucks, but it's dramatic and I like it. Also, Flash gets to learn Snart offed himself to be a hero. That's...kind of a big deal.

Also a big deal when the Time Wraith and Black Racer showed up Flash said "Thawne" and "Zoom" so...I guess the Speedforce repurposes dead speedsters to it's own will? That's fascinating.

All that drama aside: next episode is the Music Meister. Hell yeah.

Spoiler: Legends of Tomorrow.
    Show
    Meanwhile in Legends of Tomorrow, MOON! MOOOON! This is ridiculous and hilarious and I love it. I also like how they had one of the JSA be like "man actually **** you Ripp this is awful". I also like the...very sensible fact that speedsters can't use their speed in space. Kinda...need gravity for that yo. We also get some more drama with the fact that...a character who's life has a bad in it could fix it with time travel. At least it's someone who's new to all this time travel stuff, and at least it's not really for himself, it's for his Dad. A shame things went so...sourly, for everyone.

I also really liked the interaction between Eobard and Ray. It's...a shame he fell for it though. You really shouldn't trust Thawne, man.

Also, good use of Thus Sprach Zarathustra. And Tally-Man.

12. - Top - End - #192

They're half a season late on telling Barry that, since he was told during the mega-crossover thing in November. It's not any kind of spoiler at this point.

13. - Top - End - #193

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    They're half a season late on telling Barry that, since he was told during the mega-crossover thing in November. It's not any kind of spoiler at this point.
    I forgot that bit, oops.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Legends
    Show

What did Ray "fall for" exactly? He used Thawne as he was needed and 100% expected him to break out at the end (unsurprised look at him being out of his cell, gun pointed exactly at where he would be). Ray was in rare form tonight.

15. - Top - End - #195

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    Spoiler: Legends
    Show

What did Ray "fall for" exactly? He used Thawne as he was needed and 100% expected him to break out at the end (unsurprised look at him being out of his cell, gun pointed exactly at where he would be). Ray was in rare form tonight.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'll be honest I wrote that bit around the time Thawn was convincing him and forgot to change it when nothing actually bad happened. Oops. Look I'm not the best at this sometimes.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

A prelude to Music Meister... On one hand, I cannot believe they did that on Legends. On the other hand, I absolutely believe they would do that on Legends.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

Legends is up and probably flash and arrow is up today so new episodes everyone
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Barbarian in the Playground

God, I hate musicals...

19. - Top - End - #199
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom View Post
    God, I hate musicals...
    You have no soul.
    Now with half the calories!

20. - Top - End - #200

I have plenty of soul CDs, but musical episodes never use anything but lowest common denominator pop pablum.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Barbarian in the Playground

So was Music Meister supposed to be the same type of being as Mxyzptlk, then?

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

That was kind of a let-down. Part of it was the Meister himself. I can understand that they want to do something a little different with the character, and remaking Mayhem of the Music Meister would have been a bad idea, but this was pushing things too far

For someone who said to go with the flow of the story, Barry forgot the most important bit: singing. Sure, they did one number but trying to convince 'Tommy' and 'Millie' should have been done in song, as should them trying to stop the shoot-out. Also, they had J'onn there, shouldn't he have brought people into other people's minds, not Cisco?

It wasn't a complete loss, however. I was quite impressed by Winn's singing, far more than anyone else's, though some of that is because I already knew Barrowman can sing.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    That was kind of a let-down. Part of it was the Meister himself. I can understand that they want to do something a little different with the character, and remaking Mayhem of the Music Meister would have been a bad idea, but this was pushing things too far

For someone who said to go with the flow of the story, Barry forgot the most important bit: singing. Sure, they did one number but trying to convince 'Tommy' and 'Millie' should have been done in song, as should them trying to stop the shoot-out. Also, they had J'onn there, shouldn't he have brought people into other people's minds, not Cisco?

It wasn't a complete loss, however. I was quite impressed by Winn's singing, far more than anyone else's, though some of that is because I already knew Barrowman can sing.
    hello his last character constrntly uses drum sticks so he can f ing sing mate

24. - Top - End - #204

Finally saw this week's episodes!

I really enjoyed the Flash. I like that Music Meister was a third dimensional being that watchs CW shows and is like "stop ****ing up your romances GOD do I have to go there and fix it for you?????" and then HE DID.

Meanwhile in Legends: OOOOH NO DON'T GO TO THE CRUCIFICTION TIME THATS A BAD TIME. I like the establishment that some time periods are like...HYPER verboten. Nice use of JRR Tolkein like with Lucas, and...a stunning betrayel. The Legion doesn't care about ****ing with time so they'll just snatch up Cold from earlier in the time stream to win an advantage on our heroes. Over under on Rory staying a villain? Cause I don't think this sticks, same with Kronus.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Finally saw this week's episodes!

I really enjoyed the Flash. I like that Music Meister was a third dimensional being that watchs CW shows and is like "stop ****ing up your romances GOD do I have to go there and fix it for you?????" and then HE DID.

Meanwhile in Legends: OOOOH NO DON'T GO TO THE CRUCIFICTION TIME THAT'S A BAD TIME. I like the establishment that some time periods are like...HYPER verboten. Nice use of JRR Tolkein like with Lucas, and...a stunning betrayal. The Legion doesn't care about f ing with time so they'll just snatch up Cold from earlier in the time stream to win an advantage on our heroes. Over under on Rory staying a villain? Cause I don't think this sticks, same with Kronus.
    (braces for eventual chaos) you know f ing with Crucifixion will brake the time stream so truly that if team some how saves the Christ and let him accidentally curse Christianity like Moses did makes Deus ex machina class plot chaos as Islam will be the biggest religion in earth-whatever this kinda makes interesting alternative time line scenario where one little mistake for legends crew one giant cluster f of epic proportions for the mankind.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Meanwhile in Legends: OOOOH NO DON'T GO TO THE CRUCIFICTION TIME THATS A BAD TIME. I like the establishment that some time periods are like...HYPER verboten. Nice use of JRR Tolkein like with Lucas, and...a stunning betrayel. The Legion doesn't care about ****ing with time so they'll just snatch up Cold from earlier in the time stream to win an advantage on our heroes. Over under on Rory staying a villain? Cause I don't think this sticks, same with Kronus.
    Regarding legends, I didn't like this episode.
    I enjoyed the George Lucas episode because it felt to me like they were having fun with the idea.
    Here however, it felt more like they are trying to recreate the success rather than just flow with it.
    Maybe it was because it was a recycled idea, or maybe it was that the setting of the great war doesn't fit with this kind of fun, I'm not sure myself.

Oh, and did it ever occur to them that they are in a freaking TIME MACHINE?!
    You don't have to go for the church in the middle of a battle, just go back 10 years, and the prize is yours. As a bonus, it will be harder to find you.

As for the betrayal, it was kind of dumb.
    The "we don't trust you" came out of nowhere and was forced into the episode. Especially from the professor who KNEW that Rory thought Snart was an hallucination.
    And if they really don't trust him, why hand the spear of destiny specifically to him? Seems like the last choice if they suspect him.

27. - Top - End - #207

I think it was a combination of "they DO trust him" with why they handed him the spear, and them wanting to show that, and a combination of "the fact that they got screwed over by Past Snart got them upset". And like, the spear calls to people, maybe it's messing with everyone's heads, putting them on edge. Literally everyone on the team has baggage they'd love to fix. Also, while Stein knows that Rory thought it was hallucinations, he's also definitely the type of guy to play armchair psychiatrist and kind of infer that sort of thing, especially if there is this underlying sense of "hmm maybe Rory isn't trustworthy" which...let's be fair, even though they've had some funny and good moments in the past, I do feel it's believable that they might not 100% fully trust him, even after all that's happened.

Also, I do feel the reason why this was "less fun" than the Lucas one was because this episode takes place during WW1 and part of the episode was reinforcing themes of suffering and great emotional pain.

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Oh, and did it ever occur to them that they are in a freaking TIME MACHINE?!
    You don't have to go for the church in the middle of a battle, just go back 10 years, and the prize is yours. As a bonus, it will be harder to find you.
    They do that stupidity pretty much every episode, and is probably my second biggest complaint about the series.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by BWR View Post
    Barrowman, Victor Garber and Jesse L. Martin (Joe West) have all been in Broadway shows. I don't know if impressed is the right word, since we already knew Joe could sing from Earth-2, and I know Victor Garber can sing because I like Victor Garber and I know things.

Gustin, Benoist and the guy playing Music Meister were all on Glee together, which was heavily referenced at the end of the episode.

Winn's singing came out of nowhere. So, yes. Impressed is the right word.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2017-03-27 at 07:02 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

30. - Top - End - #210

New Flash and Friends!

Spoiler: The Flash
    Show
    It's a good thing I've been watching The Adventure Zone recently because I got to make a bunch of references to the great and illustrious Taako with this one. Abra-Ka**** you indeed. Wizards.

What I'm saying is that the villain that showed up tonight was Abra-Kadabra and he's kind of a massive jerk. Guy Fierri ass magician. This was a pretty fun episode though. Lot of drama and intrigue. And of course, not content with going to the past, Flash is going to the Future next episode! That can't be good.

Caitlyn's bit about focusing so much on trying not to hurt him as Killer Frost that she forgot she could hurt him as Caitlyn Snow is ****ing ART by the way. And then she showed how much of a badass she is by directing Julian and friends through her own life threatening surgery. Unfortunately...the future refused to change.

Spoiler: Legends of Tomorrow
    Show
    Meanwhile in Legends, we get a VILLAIN OPENING and that rules. Damien is mayor, with Vixen and White Canary being his own evil Birds of Prey, killing the cast of Arrow. And The Flash, it seems. Dramatic! Meanwhile Eobard is having fun at Star Lab, taunting Zoom and not giving a shiiit about anyone else in his Legion. I really like how everyone's all getting to play nasty, it's fun. Merlin really wishes they'd just of erased all their enemies from existence.

And of course...the only person not happy is Rory. He doesn't want a world where things are given to him. He's a taker.

...Gideon and Rip being bakers are hilarious. And they're not affected by the change of reality because Thawn decided he'd be the one who gets to stay and suffer, aware of it all and unable to do anything about it.

I find it...actually hilarious that Reverse Flash has done a lot of good in this world. It's for evil reasons, and he's still evil, but it's fascinating. I also really like how it...feels like Snart isn't in full control of himself. The Legion may of adjusted him...or his characterization throughout season 1 may of been so good that the man he was is TOO different from who he became and I cannot gell them together. Either way, damn fine acting and action.

Like, damn this was a good episode, it really was. That ending though...my god. And...no one paid attention to the speedster so Eobard got ahead of them and destroyed the spear. Well then. That means that...unless the Spear is still alive, they've lost Vixen for good. Though that...makes me wonder if our heroes will just disregard everything and go to the Jesus times. Because really what the hell else is there to do? I mean, they mentioned that they're gonna go back in time to when the spear was stolen from them, but you'd think Eobard would of changed reality so that that's not how that happened, right?

...also MY GOD the reveal of where the Waverider is. Oh my god.