New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Spoiler: Crossover best line
    Show
    "Hey Skirt. Call me."
    Fixed.

Also, I'm giving this whole debacle an 8/10. It was great fun, better than most of the series' individual episodes. Still full of stupid though, all of their writers getting better at cranking stupid up to levels extreme enough to be acceptable.

...Anyone wanna bet if the Flarrow world will remember there was an alien invasion? Cos I don't.
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Spoiler
    Show
    Wouldn't they want BOTH Barry AND Cisco?
    One has the ability to totally fcuk up time lines the other can access parallel realities!
    I would assume they didn't know who Barry was when they arrived because otherwise they could have captured him easily... maybe not hold him but still!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't think I can call this crossover "good".
    It was better than most individual episodes, but that's not saying much.

Spoiler
    Show

- One episode was just the teaser, so I'm not counting it.
    Second and third episodes had most heroes benched from being under two different types of mind control one after the other, leaving only the last for all the necessary steps of a team-up story starting from learning about the threat, the "twist" about the government, and ending with the final showdown. That's hardly enough time for a good story.

- The final showdown on the roof was cool, until flash and supergirl ran and placed all the devices around the world, making this showdown kind of pointless since it could have been finished with just the two of them.
    Both story-wise and for the action, it would have been better as a crossover between either flash+supergirl or flash+legends.

- The motivation of the aliens. Do I need to say more?

- Stupid dramas created an resolved in a forced way.
    Cisco being dumb? Let him break the timeline too.
    Crisis of faith in team arrow? Jewish aliens.
    Arrow rejecting supergirl for the stupidest reason ever? Resolved 10 minutes later

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Hold On..

Spoiler
    Show
    The Government has Tranq darts that interfere with MAGIC?

5. - Top - End - #95
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Hold On..

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point they know how to deal with this ****. Remember, the JSA existed BEFORE that alien invasion.

Anyway I've recently watched these all (as in, today) and...it was real good. Sadly I didn't get to post in the thread the one thing that matters.

Spoiler
    Show
    I totally called that Julian was Alchemy and doesn't know it!

6. - Top - End - #96
    Troll in the Playground

plus vixen is pure mortal using tantu totem to channel animal abilities so trang hits human but if you put etrigan in same station now you have problem because its demon getting hit with human sized trang so he dont get effected via magic or shear mass of muscle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Lazodiac
    Spoiler
    Show
    At this point they know how to deal with this ****. Remember, the JSA existed BEFORE that alien invasion.
    Spoiler
    Show
    But her power doesn't go in her blood, She touches the spirit pokeball and and the animal comes out and she goes smashy or charge or..Super Awesome Drum Solo

And where were these anti magic darts when Olly needed to beat up Damian Dark? Felicity should feel bad for not seeing those while hacking government secret computers the half a dozen times that she did that!

Also I am sad that Captain Cold is dead again, it would have been funny to have him break himself out."Yeah they took my gun..but I am a criminal, I know how to break out of prison"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    But her power doesn't go in her blood, She touches the spirit pokeball and and the animal comes out and she goes smashy or charge or..Super Awesome Drum Solo

And where were these anti magic darts when Olly needed to beat up Damian Dark? Felicity should feel bad for not seeing those while hacking government secret computers the half a dozen times that she did that!

Also I am sad that Captain Cold is dead again, it would have been funny to have him break himself out."Yeah they took my gun..but I am a criminal, I know how to break out of prison"
    wait end of season mate were flash finally takes his lesson and time travel proper era.
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

9. - Top - End - #99

Spoiler
    Show

To be fair I didn't know that.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hold On..

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: Legends
    Show

Vixen isn't usually Homo magi but different continuities, different magic rules, and this one is actually the normal Vixen's grandmother might mean this one is. In which case her powers could theoretically be disrupted by the same thing.

Or it could be something simple, like a sedative that makes it too hard to concentrate on using magic.

Besides, Justice League had a gun called the "Power Disruptor" that drained a Green Lantern ring, robbed a speedster of the Speed Force, affected Kryptonians like gold kryptonite, forced a Green Martian into one permanent shape, took away the magic powers of an Amazon, and somehow removed the "power" of a Thanagarian, i.e. being stronger than average and able to fly on account of being an alien with wings.

I'm just glad they didn't use it on Batman.

As for where they were in Arrow last year, well, Oliver couldn't hit him with an arrow, so what makes you think a tranquilizer dart would fare any better?

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ettin in the Playground

I was surprised by how much no-sell this crossover gave Supergirl, especially when
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Flash took down the Atom and Firestorm with a lightning bolt each yet the one thrown at Supergirl didn't even pause her heat vision attack.

So apparently, not only are Barry's lightning bolts unable to overcharge Livewire, they are also nowhere as effective on Kara as Livewire's own electrical attacks.

And her speed is confusing. Kara is never shown to move like a speedster would, but I guess she flies as fast as Barry runs.
    Edit: Wait, she did run with him in the last crossover. Why is her speed so rarely important in her adventures?
    Last edited by Millstone85; 2016-12-04 at 06:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    Edit: Wait, she did run with him in the last crossover. Why is her speed so rarely important in her adventures?
    Because she is as fast as him running in a straight(ish) line, but she can't change direction as quickly as he can and doesn't think at superspeed.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Bugbear in the Playground

So... just finished the crossover, was mostly not impressed. Seems like the Arrowverse just keeps getting worse with every episode.

Also, did anyone else catch that Star Trek reference?
    Vitruvian Stickman avatar by linklele.
    I have an extended signature now. God knows why.
    Spoiler: shameless self-aggrandizing
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    What this guy said.

14. - Top - End - #104

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    Because she is as fast as him running in a straight(ish) line, but she can't change direction as quickly as he can and doesn't think at superspeed.
    And she can't also type at superspeed and have computers still function normally.

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    I was surprised by how much no-sell this crossover gave Supergirl, especially when
    Spoiler
    Show
    the Flash took down the Atom and Firestorm with a lightning bolt each yet the one thrown at Supergirl didn't even pause her heat vision attack.

So apparently, not only are Barry's lightning bolts unable to overcharge Livewire, they are also nowhere as effective on Kara as Livewire's own electrical attacks.

And her speed is confusing. Kara is never shown to move like a speedster would, but I guess she flies as fast as Barry runs.
    She also doesn't have the Speed Force negating some of the more physical consequences of her powers. Barry is a fairly normal human who can travel at supersonic speeds and grab people without turning them into goo or causing window-shattering sonic booms everywhere he goes because the Speed Force damps those particular effects. The Kryptonians, on the other hand, can get away with going supersonic and the effects thereof because they're functionally invulnerable. At the same time, they also get shown slowing down or even pulling back when they're doing something like catching a plane, because anything they hit doesn't have the same protection. Since Kara is flying around a major city and does actually have some interaction with the laws of physics, she needs to treat the rest of the world like tissue paper. Well, at least any time the writers remember physics is a thing...
    Basilisk 6
    Pilot of the Thing

I'm not evil. My morals just aren't the same as society's.

On a one man quest to beat the Star Wars Universe, using nothing but simple, plain, ordinary logic. Score so far: Me 593 SWU 450

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

DrowGirl

One of my go to reviews on youtube is this guy who must have really loved the orginal comic this was based on (a little before my time) he gave it an 'ehh...ok' but also pointed out all the flaws.

https://youtu.be/GPRosVbtT7I

My personal fav thing is he now uses firestorm as an effect "They fire stormed her"
    Current characters:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Trish- 3rd/5th battlemaster fighter/infernal sword warlock (5e D&D)
    Vesper-6th Gen Tremer (OwoD)
    Emerald Star- PL13 GL of Earth (Mutants and Masterminds DCU)

17. - Top - End - #107

And so we learn the details of Savitas and Dr Alchemy.
    Spoiler
    Show

Turns out Julian really is Malfoy. He's even going after the Philosopher's Stone! I kid.

Overall this was a good episode. The bits with Earth-3! Flash were the best, ESPECIALLY a good ole cameo from Mark Hamill as The Trickster again, complete with KABOOM bomb vest. I loved it. I also especially love how he makes it very VERY clear that BARRY, FOR THE LOVE OF ****, TIME TRAVEL IS BAD.

But yeah no throwing Savitas into the Speed Force is a bad idea I bet that box is MADE of Speed Force.

18. - Top - End - #108

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you want to get rid of something, wrap it in steel, immerse it in concrete and chuck it in a deep sea trench.

19. - Top - End - #109

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you want to get rid of something, wrap it in steel, immerse it in concrete and chuck it in a deep sea trench.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Five bucks says the case ends up back in ancient India and gives Savitar powers in the first place. Or it ends up releasing him into the future.

But did no one think that dumping a stone that anchors the most powerful speedster, into the Speed Force, might actually not be the smartest idea?

I am slightly disappointed that we never got to see Cisco become Savitar's herald. I wish they'd have him do more with his powers (Like, say, Vibe the case?), but he's just there to use them whenever plot demands.

Also, nitpick/trivia time: The Brahmastra has never been depicted as a stone. It's always been a weapon. Usually it takes the form of an arrow (archery is considered to be the pinnacle of warfare in Hinduism), but it's been used as a sword on one occasion. Point is, it's not a stone, it's a weapon.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Personally I was thinking some glue and than launch it into space - they at least mentioned the space bit.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueHerring View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Point is, it's not a stone, it's a weapon.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... stones are one of the oldest weapons.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2016-12-07 at 05:04 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

the point is we have our solid reason for berry's legends of tomorow request from hunter since he lose iris he is desperate enough to travel back in time constantly until he saves iris from savatar but since his companions force him to not time travel he asks hunter to use waverider to go back in time and fix it for him since hunter is dead he runs back in time to try to save iris again and again hoping next try he succeeds to save her and he dont care about damning the time line he just cares about iris so next five episodes he gets desprate enough to accept faustian bargin from any one

22. - Top - End - #112

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ... stones are one of the oldest weapons.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Disclaimer: I'm not exactly sure how close to violating the forum's stance on religious discussion I am here, but I hope I'm fine since I'm just pointing stuff out from the Ramayana and Mahabharatha .

The Brahmastra isn't a physical object. It's an astra, a type of divine weapon invoked by reciting the proper mantras. There's a whole host of astras, but the Brahmastra is considered to be very nearly the deadliest, to the point that, IIRC, it can only be invoked once in a given warrior or sage's life, and there is no other counter to it except itself. As far as the Hindu epics are concerned, it was a weapon that, if improperly handled, could devastate the planet.

I'm a bit rusty on the specifics, but it's only ever been invoked in Hindu literature about four or five times, for that precise reason. Considering that most famous Hindu warriors were archers of some kind, it usually took the form of an arrow. There's one instance where someone uses it as a sword, but that's rare. But a stone isn't something it would ever be used as. Improvised weapons were considered disgraceful under the codes that Hindu warriors lived by, and using the mightiest of weapons in such a crude form isn't something that would happen.

Yet another instance of the Flash writers being particularly lazy, and not really thinking things through.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Disclaimer: I'm not exactly sure how close to violating the forum's stance on religious discussion I am here, but I hope I'm fine since I'm just pointing stuff out from the Ramayana and Mahabharatha .

The Brahmastra isn't a physical object. It's an astra, a type of divine weapon invoked by reciting the proper mantras. There's a whole host of astras, but the Brahmastra is considered to be very nearly the deadliest, to the point that, IIRC, it can only be invoked once in a given warrior or sage's life, and there is no other counter to it except itself. As far as the Hindu epics are concerned, it was a weapon that, if improperly handled, could devastate the planet.

I'm a bit rusty on the specifics, but it's only ever been invoked in Hindu literature about four or five times, for that precise reason. Considering that most famous Hindu warriors were archers of some kind, it usually took the form of an arrow. There's one instance where someone uses it as a sword, but that's rare. But a stone isn't something it would ever be used as. Improvised weapons were considered disgraceful under the codes that Hindu warriors lived by, and using the mightiest of weapons in such a crude form isn't something that would happen.

Yet another instance of the Flash writers being particularly lazy, and not really thinking things through.
    Spoiler: Wild Speculation
    Show
    Maybe it is only a stone until somebody deliberately uses it as a weapon? And then it changes to fit how they want it to be used? Like a lump of raw iron being able to become a lot of different weapons.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

24. - Top - End - #114

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think it's lazy, especially when they could of just called it the whatever if they really wanted. They actually did some research into it.

Also...arrow heads are stone. Also also as said by Keltest, maybe this is just the "base form", the Astra form if you will, and no one has invoked the right Mantra's cause Savitar is using it for a different purpose.

Alternatively since the implication is that Savitar IS the stone, maybe the conceit is that "in this setting the legends are inaccurate" which is perfect okay.

25. - Top - End - #115

Spoiler
    Show
    One of the glosses on the Brahmastra is that it becomes what you expect it to be. Archers expect it to be an arrow (shuddering thought, Ollie gets a hold of it). Julian was looking for the Philosopher's Stone, so it's a stone.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

You can argue if the speed force is the best place to throw the box in, but I say that since this box opens if you sneeze too hard on it, at least put a rubber band around it before you throw it anywhere!

27. - Top - End - #117

PirateGuy

ok so....

Spoiler
    Show
    this speed god with the weird name is after Barry because he is starting to pose a threat. But Zoom, who stole spead across multiple dimensions wasnt?

also, why is speedgod pulled back when the box closes again? they never really explained that i think
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    ok so....

Spoiler
    Show
    this speed god with the weird name is after Barry because he is starting to pose a threat. But Zoom, who stole spead across multiple dimensions wasnt?

also, why is speedgod pulled back when the box closes again? they never really explained that i think
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barry also BEAT Zoom, so...yeah. For what it's worth I'm predicting Wally is actually the speedster that Savitar is sensing as a threat, he just doesn't know it.

Because he's part of the stone. The box is part of the stone and according to everything Cisco did to study it, it "doesn't exist" so it's clearly some kind of magic thing. If the stone can't influence things outside the box when it's closed, beyond using sad people with dead loved ones, then it can't generate Savitar's body.

29. - Top - End - #119

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Barry also BEAT Zoom, so...yeah. For what it's worth I'm predicting Wally is actually the speedster that Savitar is sensing as a threat, he just doesn't know it.

Because he's part of the stone. The box is part of the stone and according to everything Cisco did to study it, it "doesn't exist" so it's clearly some kind of magic thing. If the stone can't influence things outside the box when it's closed, beyond using sad people with dead loved ones, then it can't generate Savitar's body.
    Spoiler
    Show
    he beat zoom with a trick if i recall... Zoom was still faster...
    that stone explenation makes no sense to me :P but that wont be the first or the last time with this show
    Last edited by Swaoeaeieu; 2016-12-07 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

30. - Top - End - #120

Quote Originally Posted by Swaoeaeieu View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    he beat zoom with a trick if i recall... Zoom was still faster...
    that stone explenation makes no sense to me :P but that wont be the first or the last time with this show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay, true. My theory that it's Wally stands true, because Wally with only some minor training is faster than Barry was at the time, so once he gets up there he'll be like...SUPER fast.

Okay think of it like this. Savitar is actually the stone. The body is just a projection of himself in physical form. The box stopped him from projecting said form.