New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, you want to get rid of something, wrap it in steel, immerse it in concrete and chuck it in a deep sea trench.
    Spoiler
    Show

You do realize, DC has people like heroes Aquaman, villians like Black Manta, etc.
    So, you don't really stop it that way, you just makes it their problem.

No one wonder, one theme is human pollution in the oceans. Polluting it with the god of speed is just as a bad

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Flash, Season 3: My name is Barry Allen and I'm the dumbest man alive

Spoiler
    Show
    I was mainly going: "Barry, you own Star Labs and two of your closest friends are billionaire industrialists, some of them own a spaceship I'm sure you can figure out a way to shoot the thing into space, until you do hide it somewhere, the speed force is a terrible terrible idea"
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I was mainly going: "Barry, you own Star Labs and two of your closest friends are billionaire industrialists, some of them own a spaceship I'm sure you can figure out a way to shoot the thing into space, until you do hide it somewhere, the speed force is a terrible terrible idea"
    Spoiler
    Show
    They also just learned aliens exist so that's not super workable either.

The only solution is to study how to destroy the damn thing. Screw throwing it into the Speed Force, throw it INTO THE SUN!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Woo! winter finale

Spoiler
    Show
    Wally being the bein....wait..if Wally is the being that Savatar senses..then why did he push Alchemy into doing things because if he hadn't the Alchemy wouldn't have turned Wally into that spee...And now I have gone cross eyed.

Other things.

Think of the Box as a Faraday Cage for gods, The Stone is Savatar's router and when it is closed he can't connect to Earth-1

Why does anyone think that putting The Box that contains a Speed God into the Speed Force to be a good idea?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Bugbear in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ryuplaneswalker View Post
    Woo! winter finale

Spoiler
    Show

Why does anyone think that putting The Box that contains a Speed God into the Speed Force to be a good idea?
    just read the thread title again. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Orderic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by swaoeaeieu
    Or maybe, i dont know... adoption?
    Don't be ridiculous. We need those orphans...
    If at any point you notice mistakes in my English, please let me know, I am always looking to improve.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

In all fairness Jay must take at least half the blame, since he suggested it in the first place and tries to mentor Barry as the older, more experienced speedster.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

It's the writers who should take the blame for this.
    Not even a single character in the room said that it's a stupid idea, from that I understand the writers thought it was a good one, even if they knew it was bound to fail.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

After seeing the episode, I came here to say that the title of this thread has never been more true.
    But of course that has already been pointed out.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Okay possibilities...
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) He needed Wally to regain his speed before he could fully manifest properly, quite probably the same reason Reverse Flash had to grant Barry his powers earlier to regain his speed

2) Barry throwing the stone into the speed force where Savitar is currently imprisoned might actually free him well it would explain why he turns up 5 months later after all!

3) Clearly there was no Barry in Flashpoint (shakes head at that idiotic waste of an entire season plot!) or Savitar would know who he really ought to be scared of... yes ARROW!

4) What would happen if they drop that stone and its case in another parallel?
    Seriously if he's trapped in the Speedforce he certainly can't haunt another parallel universe!

So many, many wrongs just cannot make it right unless you mean the title of this thread which is about right!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless View Post
    Okay possibilities...
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) He needed Wally to regain his speed before he could fully manifest properly, quite probably the same reason Reverse Flash had to grant Barry his powers earlier to regain his speed

2) Barry throwing the stone into the speed force where Savitar is currently imprisoned might actually free him well it would explain why he turns up 5 months later after all!

3) Clearly there was no Barry in Flashpoint (shakes head at that idiotic waste of an entire season plot!) or Savitar would know who he really ought to be scared of... yes ARROW!

4) What would happen if they drop that stone and its case in another parallel?
    Seriously if he's trapped in the Speedforce he certainly can't haunt another parallel universe!

So many, many wrongs just cannot make it right unless you mean the title of this thread which is about right!
    Spoiler: hold your speed force mate
    Show
    okay after watching arrow and legends we have zoom and lawyer canary returned and the only solid prof for them returning is some one wrecked the time stream pretty good since zoom is dead and his nearest clone killed by time line it self we have a fourth speedster( we currently know barry, wally and jessie) messing time line as for your there is no flash point we gonna have a world merge since kara makes sure ddo created in arrow verse flashes ending can make several earths collide each other ( nice way to remove hr and make sure harry the angsty becomes permanent resident in earth one)

so is any one have conspiracy theory about whats coming next
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Spoiler: hold your speed force mate
    Show
    okay after watching arrow and legends we have zoom and lawyer canary returned and the only solid prof for them returning is some one wrecked the time stream pretty good since zoom is dead and his nearest clone killed by time line it self we have a fourth speedster( we currently know barry, wally and jessie) messing time line as for your there is no flash point we gonna have a world merge since kara makes sure ddo created in arrow verse flashes ending can make several earths collide each other ( nice way to remove hr and make sure harry the angsty becomes permanent resident in earth one)

so is any one have conspiracy theory about whats coming next
    Spoiler
    Show

Not sure where you are getting that Zoom is back - Reverse Flash is back sure but not Zoom as of now at least unless I have missed something.
    For Lauren she did have a living Earth 2 counterpart on Earth 1 if she got out of her prison than she could have looked into her life and figured out some stuff (maybe).

That Reverse Flash one is linked to Flashpoint certainly, the second could occur without any temporal issues needing to be responsible (poor security is sufficient explanation).
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2016-12-09 at 11:07 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

That Reverse Flash one is linked to Flashpoint certainly, the second could occur without any temporal issues needing to be responsible (poor security is sufficient explanation).
    Spoiler: Poor security?
    Show
    Um, Laurel died. We saw the body. She has a statue in memory of the Black Canary. Part of the Arrow part of the crossover was Oliver and Sarah accepting her death. Her showing up isn't just poor security, something's up.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    Spoiler: Poor security?
    Show
    Um, Laurel died. We saw the body. She has a statue in memory of the Black Canary. Part of the Arrow part of the crossover was Oliver and Sarah accepting her death. Her showing up isn't just poor security, something's up.
    Spoiler
    Show

Earth 2 Laurel is evil and currently(unless she has escaped or been transfered) locked up in Star Labs on Earth 1 (where Arrow and Flash take place), if the was insecurely held she could have escaped and theoretically decided to pay Oliver a visit for whatever reason (my memory is that Barry decided that telling people an evil alternate version of Laurel existed might make them sad - so if it is her they have no warning).

I do think that this is unlikely but as a plausible alternative to Flashpoint causing her persence it seems it would work fine.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2016-12-10 at 01:49 AM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dancrilis View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Earth 2 Laurel is evil and currently(unless she has escaped or been transfered) locked up in Star Labs on Earth 1 (where Arrow and Flash take place), if the was insecurely held she could have escaped and theoretically decided to pay Oliver a visit for whatever reason (my memory is that Barry decided that telling people an evil alternate version of Laurel existed might make them sad - so if it is her they have no warning).

I do think that this is unlikely but as a plausible alternative to Flashpoint causing her persence it seems it would work fine.
    Spoiler: riddle me this
    Show
    how you explain captain colds ghost only rorry can see and for the flipping record most of the time he sees snart he is sober as you and me mate plus legends of to tomorrow 9.12.1016 episode Malcolm, reverse flash and dark appeared in chicago and they are searching spear of destiny aka there is fourth villain who wants to mess with time line who knows maybe see abra kadabra as accidental villain
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    how you explain captain colds ghost only rorry can see and for the flipping record most of the time he sees snart he is sober as you and me mate plus legends of to tomorrow 9.12.1016 episode Malcolm, reverse flash and dark appeared in chicago and they are searching spear of destiny aka there is fourth villain who wants to mess with time line who knows maybe see abra kadabra as accidental villain
    Spoiler
    Show

Rory might be going nuts (he was programmed into a time hunting assassin at one point which might play havok with your mind) and this is his mind dealing with his old viewpoint of a selfish murderous criminal compared to his new one of being one of the 'good guys'.

For Malcolm - Reverse Flash could have recruited him, and as Reverse Flash can time travel he could bring Malcolm and Dark back with him (the same way he carried Barry back to the future after fixing flashpoint to memory).

I don't see a need for a fourth villain, there could be one but I don't see the need.

16. - Top - End - #136

Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Stop me if you heard this one, but Barry just threw a god rock into the infinite reaches of time that makes your dead loved ones show up to convince you to become Dr Alchemy.

The infinite reaches of time is kinda just where the Legends live now.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show

Summery of this season so far.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Here is a question:

The Flash sent a warning to the past not to travel back in time (again...)
    However, now if Barry listens to the warning, he will change the time and prevent himself from sending the warning.
    So which causes more damage to the timeline: Going back in time and sending the warning not to do it, or refusing to go back in time and altering the future?

On an unrelated issue, I just bought shares for the company that makes pills treating headaches.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by random11 View Post
    Here is a question:

However, now if Barry listens to the warning, he will change the time and prevent himself from sending the warning.
    So which causes more damage to the timeline: Going back in time and sending the warning not to do it, or refusing to go back in time and altering the future?

On an unrelated issue, I just bought shares for the company that makes pills treating headaches.
    this is why he sent to rip hunter aka third party with similar power and how the heck gidion is in the ship but not in cosmic time room.

20. - Top - End - #140

Here is a question:

Honestly? Since the message is a message to the past trying to change the future...disregarding it is probably a good idea. But...wait, that would mean trusting Barry, and that...that don't work. That just don't work.

Wow what a god damn catch 22. Traveling in time is bad, so we shouldn't listen to the message. But the message says NOT TO TRUST HIM, so if we don't listen to the message that means WE TRUST BARRY NOT TO **** IT UP. And that's...that's not a thing you can really DO.

this is why he sent to rip hunter aka third party with similar power and how the heck gidion is in the ship but not in cosmic time room.
    On Legends, Reverse Flash was on the ship long enough to copy Gideon. Likewise that Gideon got erased after he revealed himself as the fake Harrison Welles.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Honestly? Since the message is a message to the past trying to change the future...disregarding it is probably a good idea. But...wait, that would mean trusting Barry, and that...that don't work. That just don't work.

Wow what a god damn catch 22. Traveling in time is bad, so we shouldn't listen to the message. But the message says NOT TO TRUST HIM, so if we don't listen to the message that means WE TRUST BARRY NOT TO **** IT UP. And that's...that's not a thing you can really DO.

On Legends, Reverse Flash was on the ship long enough to copy Gideon. Likewise that Gideon got erased after he revealed himself as the fake Harrison Welles.
    still we see barry returned to wells/ flash era to learn how he can boost his speed so considering we have super computers size of engagement ring in dc universe how hard is that he cant copy Gideon whole programming between lunch break and we need to still see him code Gideon on screen and he has no freaking idea to create it plus he looks the files original fake flash gathered in future. I am confused about show .

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Lets make a few assumptions shall we?

In the original timeline Barry developed Gideon to help him with his already prodigious super speed undoubtedly since the Reverse Flash is from the future and a keen expert on Flash lore in addition to the costume he also stole Gideon and brought it back to the past where he was eventually defeated but he disrupted the continuum enough that in this timeline Barry eventually allowed Rip Hunter to remove Gideon and add it to his ship explaining its presence there.

And now...
    Spoiler
    Show
    you're suggesting he threw the Philosopher's Stone for Rip to pick up and store somewhere safe which given the recent events suggests its aboard the Waverider picking at Heatwave's admittedly weak will to coax him into freeing Savitar once more by posing as Captain Cold?

Owch!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Troll in the Playground

In the original timeline Barry developed Gideon to help him with his already prodigious super speed undoubtedly since the Reverse Flash is from the future and a keen expert on Flash lore in addition to the costume he also stole Gideon and brought it back to the past where he was eventually defeated but he disrupted the continuum enough that in this timeline Barry eventually allowed Rip Hunter to remove Gideon and add it to his ship explaining its presence there.

And now...
    Spoiler
    Show
    you're suggesting he threw the Philosopher's Stone for Rip to pick up and store somewhere safe which given the recent events suggests its aboard the Waverider picking at Heatwave's admittedly weak will to coax him into freeing Savitar once more by posing as Captain Cold?

Owch!
    its multi conditioned catch 22 were we have desperate speedster in love, villain with hallucinations, and our dead enemies trying to find mcguffin of destiny while rouge god tries to usher age of slavery all while cisco trying to save his brother while Katelyn tries to get rid of her powers we only need duck doggers to appear for uther brain bleach.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

And now...
    Spoiler
    Show

Owch!
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the decision to toss the box has anything to do with whats happening on LoT. I think that outside of planned crossover events they are trying to keep the shows separate with regards to the main plots. The only Flashpoint spillovers into Arrow and LoT were things that really that from the standpoint of the main plot didn't matter at all, like Diggle having a son instead of a daughter. They played with the notion that the Martin Stein's new daughter might be Flashpoint related, but ultimately went with the LoT self-contained explanation that it was due to Martin talking to his younger self.

This is just good sense from their standpoint since 1)not everyone who watches LoT also watches Flash and 2) these two episodes will probably never be shown in the same week again. When the shows go into syndicated reruns they are not going to be running in synchronization with each other, so making episodes that rely on things that happen the other CW DC shows that run that particular week doesn't make sense.

So looking to this week's Flash to explain a mystery in this week's LoT is probably not going to help.

25. - Top - End - #145

Actually, it'll make more sense to do so come January, when Flash and LoT run back to back. But that's still one of the problems with Arrow now that it's in syndication, the constant Flash crossovers during season 3/1.

Bad investment. The substance to consume while trying to make sense of whatever the hell Barry did this time is Vodka. In quantities that'd make a Russian tell you to take it easy.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I'm hoping they keep the crossovers to a minimum...
    Homebrew Stuff:

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ranxerox View Post
    I may be wrong, but I don't think the decision to toss the box has anything to do with whats happening on LoT. I think that outside of planned crossover events they are trying to keep the shows separate with regards to the main plots. The only Flashpoint spillovers into Arrow and LoT were things that really that from the standpoint of the main plot didn't matter at all, like Diggle having a son instead of a daughter. They played with the notion that the Martin Stein's new daughter might be Flashpoint related, but ultimately went with the LoT self-contained explanation that it was due to Martin talking to his younger self.

This is just good sense from their standpoint since 1)not everyone who watches LoT also watches Flash and 2) these two episodes will probably never be shown in the same week again. When the shows go into syndicated reruns they are not going to be running in synchronization with each other, so making episodes that rely on things that happen the other CW DC shows that run that particular week doesn't make sense.

So looking to this week's Flash to explain a mystery in this week's LoT is probably not going to help.
    Maybe they will go for a "soft crossover".
    Meaning that the box issue will be resolved in Flash at the same time Snart issue will be resolved in LoT (will be self explained as "facing yourself" or something along these lines).
    So while both stories can be seen separately, the ones who DO watch both will raise the crossover events as a point in forums like this, and everybody wins.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Troll in the Playground

Maybe they will go for a "soft crossover".
    Meaning that the box issue will be resolved in Flash at the same time Snart issue will be resolved in LoT (will be self explained as "facing yourself" or something along these lines).
    So while both stories can be seen separately, the ones who DO watch both will raise the crossover events as a point in forums like this, and everybody wins.
    It will be solved in end of season cross over where Barry fixes flash point and merge Kara and harry the angstys universes with his one

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

It's always a surprise when something this lot does manages to conjure some hype to me. I'm willing ignore a lot of stupid crap if the end result will be this.

They'd better not screw it up, I want to believe...bleh, who am I kidding here?
    Founder of the Fanclub of the (Late) Chief of Cliffport Police Department (He shall live forever in our hearts)
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!
    Shameless shill:

30. - Top - End - #150

When does the show (and the other Superhero shows for that matter) come back on tv?