New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: SavageRun

1. - Top - End - #1
    Librarian in the Playground Moderator

Default SavageRun

Does anyone know of any good Shadowrun hacks for Savage Worlds? Have you played any? I know there are a few out there, but wanted some opinions.
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    *Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
    *The One Deck Engine: Gaming on a budget
    Written by Me on DriveThru RPG
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: SavageRun

Not specifically, no. But there are a few cyberpunk books for Savage Worlds, and it's basically as easy as taking out the races in the default book and replacing them with fantasy races. Also adding the arcane backgrounds as player options.

If I may make a recommendation, I'm a huge fan of Interface Zero. It'd be super easy to take that system and make it Shadowrun. Make the wireless hacking exclusive to technomancers, and require traditional deckers to jack in and such. Or not. I know there were wireless rules in 4e Shadowrun.

3. - Top - End - #3

Not familiar with Interface Zero. Got an elevator pitch for it?
    The Cranky Gamer
    *It isn't realism, it's verisimilitude; the appearance of truth within the framework of the game.
    *Picard management tip: Debate honestly. The goal is to arrive at the truth, not at your preconception.
    There are almost 400,000 threads on this site. If you need me to address a thread as a moderator, include a link.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Hm... to be as concise as I can be, while trying to highlight what I think is special:

"A Savage Worlds cyberpunk setting that focuses on taking current technological and societal trends to a logical conclusion 80 years in the future. It uses wireless hacking to make sure the party stays together in the action, and offers some easily removable fantastical elements for players who enjoy a bit more sci-fi."

Here's the Drive-Thru RPG page. It's a good size with a lot of detail on the setting, but I really like the rules they put together. A great list of cyberpunk equipment, cyberware, drones, etc. It's a big reason that my previously negative opinion of Savage began to turn towards the positive.

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/...etal-Cyberpunk

5. - Top - End - #5

Ah, you did well at telling me it was Savage Worlds based, which makes it a great component. Danke!
    The Cranky Gamer